[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which video game series do you prefer? Spyro the Dragon or Crash
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6
Which video game series do you prefer?

Spyro the Dragon or Crash Bandicoot?
>>
>>332381745
I like both, though I played crash a lot more.
But Insomniac won on the ps2 for me. Played Ratchet & Clank way more than Jak & Daxter. But both are fine games.
>>
Id prefer Crash Bandicoot, however I think both are great series and are some of my favorites.
>>
I prefer Spyro a little more, I like collectathons more than regular platformers.
>>
>>332382782

Run, Anon. /v/ will rip your head off for liking Collectathons.
>>
File: SMSbluecoin[1].png (15 KB, 108x108) Image search: [Google]
SMSbluecoin[1].png
15 KB, 108x108
>>332382869
I'm not going anywhere.
>>
Crash, but that's a bit biased since I grew up with him. I only had Spyro on demo discs and never owned/borrowed a game.
>>
Spyro for sure
>>
>>332382969

Fair enough.
>>
I'm biased towards Insomniac in general. I prefer Spyro over Crash, Ratchet & Clank over Jak & Daxter, and- well, Resistance and Uncharted is where it gets tricky. Resistance 2 was shit outside of a handful of moments, but Uncharted 3 was also crappy aside from some moments. I'm undecided on that one for the time being.
>>
File: 1429410218176.png (933 KB, 1511x1047) Image search: [Google]
1429410218176.png
933 KB, 1511x1047
>>332383241
>both those great companies turned to absolute trash last gen
why...
>>
I like both_
>>
>>332381745
Spyro is a better game. It has more depth in movement mechanics, an actual sense of momentum and weight, more freedom, bigger levels with more things to do in them, a higher skill ceiling in general and just more interesting gameplay all around.

Crash is a hold forward and jump game.
>>
>>332383419
Still waiting for Naughty Dog making a next Jak and Daxter game
>>
File: 1438973387384.jpg (76 KB, 496x640) Image search: [Google]
1438973387384.jpg
76 KB, 496x640
Spyro
>>
>>332381745
I had fun with Crash, but Spyro was one of the first series I got invested in. Felt like a solid blend of exploration, creativity, and humor.
>>
>>332382782
>Remembering the age of Collectathons
Need more Banjo-Kazooie and Psychonauts in my life.
>>
I grew up enjoying both. Spyro was the more exploritive on the two though. Crash was very arcadey in comparison.
>>
>>332381745
Spyro. Even Skylanders is pretty good.
>>
>>332383587
I think Naughty Dog has recently said they have no interest in making a new Jak & Daxter because they're too proud of Uncharted and The Last of Us to ever go back.

You know what, I think I've made up my mind. Resistance>Uncharted.
>>
Spyro, as a whole, is better than Crash if you simply add together the value of quality that each game has, but in terms of each series' merit unto itself, Crash actually consistently improved quite a whole lot from game to game.

You have discussions over which Spyro game is the best (1>3>2 personally), but there aren't many people that will try to argue that Crash 1 was better than 2 or three or that Crash 2 was better than 3 (though some do).

And arguably, I think that Crash 3 is on par with any Spyro game, so taking a look at how each series performed over time, Crash definitely is more impressive, while Spyro is just really solid and is better overall.

It's not really fair to compare Crash with a game that's soundtrack was composed by Stewart fucking Copeland anyway.
>>
File: spyro 1 anal.png (1 MB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
spyro 1 anal.png
1 MB, 1280x960
>>332381745
I think Spyro grew on me more, so I'll pick playing that trilogy over Crash any day.

That being said, 2, 3, and CTR were all great.
>>
File: 1446634423082.jpg (17 KB, 316x239) Image search: [Google]
1446634423082.jpg
17 KB, 316x239
>>332384230
>too proud to go back to making games with gameplay
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.