[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PSVita or PSVitaTV
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
Is it worth getting a PSVita and if so, which one should I get?
>>
Get the TV since it's cheaper and all the good Vita games are ported to the PS4 or were ports themselves
>>
File: 1457063336066.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1457063336066.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>329924150
HOW GOOD IS PS4 LINK?
>>
Only get tve Vita TV if you play to record/stream games and you have an HDMI splitter, since the decive has HDCP

Otherwise, get a Vita

HOWEVER, get the LAUNCH MODEL Vita. DO not get the Slim. The slim is total fucking trash. It's missing features for no fucking reason.
>>
>>329924150
I prefer the Vita mainly because I go on comutes and travel a lot when on vacation.
>>
>>329924274
ITS SHIT
>>
Just an FYI The vitatv is being discontinued in Japan. So don't be surprised if most games coming out have no support.
>>
>>329924475
>It's missing features
What other than the oled screen is missing?
>>
>>329924475
Some launch versions will get black blochtes on the screen when your screen is displaying black or darker colors.

You won't notice it while playing most games but it happens, I have them on mine. There are also reports that if you leave the screen on for long enough on a still image you'll get some picture burn in on your screen.

That OLED screen still looks beautiful though.
>>
>>329924150
NO.
dont waste money on a dead handheld.
most of its exclusives are going to be ported to the ps4
>>
>>329925041
It's missing the mystery port as well.
>>
File: 8968.png (2 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
8968.png
2 KB, 480x360
>>329925367
>mystery port
>>
>>329924150
PSVita.
PSTV is ded.
Get the Slim one cuz >>329925121
>>
>>329924475
>>329925041
OP here, exactly what features are missing?
>>
>>329925974
Just the OLED screen and the mystery port which is literally useless.
>>
>>329924784
I doubt that. There's probably an agreement with developers that they'll continue to make them PSTV compatible.
>>
>>329924150
>Is it worth getting a PS Vita
Depends what games you wanna play. Rhythm, JRPGs and Indies are what's mainly on the platform though there are some other stuff, especially PSP and PS1 games.

>If so which should I get?
Again depends. If you're gonna be moving about a lot, get either one of the Vitas. Anyone stating that you're missing on stuff on the Slim is bullshitting aside from the nice OLED screen.
If you wanna play on a larger screen, get a Vita TV. Just note the Vita TV has some incompatible games.
>>
>>329924274
>Sony console built in WiFi devices
For all the investigations against them over false advertising, this should be one of the biggest offenses. Whatever WiFi devices they use, must run off a USB level power source. There is lost connections, and massive lag.

>>329924150
PSTV then wait for a sale on the VITA. For some reason I bought the Borderlands 2 bundle for $150 during Amazon Fail Day. Still regret that decision.
>>
I have a PSTV, but the picture won't show unless I turn on one of the other consoles on the HDMI switch. Anyone else have this problem?
>>
>>329926512
Have you tried not using a faulty HDMI switch?
>>
>>329926512
Might be the HDMI switch.
>>
>>329926512
I've never had that issue myself, sorry anon. Sounds pretty annoying, though. If it works just fine hooked up through HDMI normally, then it's the fault of the switch, not the PSTV, since the switch I use works just fine.
>>
>>329924150
Honestly, if you're interested, get both. A PSTV is anywhere between $20 - $40 nowadays for the bundle that comes with a game voucher, 8GB card, and PS3 controller. Vita itself can be snatch between $100 - $150 if you play your cards right.

Whatever you decide on though, just remember: memory is expensive as shit. If you're going digital only, be prepared to shell out about $60 - $90 for a 32GB or 64GB card.
>>
>>329926687
>>329926634
All my other consoles work fine, which I felt was implicit but I guess not
>>
>>329926792
If it works fine directly plugged to the TV, then it's the switch's fault.
It doesn't matter if your other consoles work fine.
>>
One's cheaper. One's portable.

Which one is more important?
>>
>>329924274

On ethernet it's fantastic.
>>
>>329926512
Sounds like the PSTV doesn't output enough voltage through hdmi. I had the same problem once with my switch and PS4. You should check if there's a power supply available for your switch or you plug the PSTV directly into your TV.
>>
>>329926971
both, which is why i'm asking for /v/'s thoughts to help me decide.
>>
>>329928339
>i'm asking for /v/'s thoughts to help me decide.
You need to rethink your life.
>>
File: 0 (25).jpg (119 KB, 819x608) Image search: [Google]
0 (25).jpg
119 KB, 819x608
>>329928339
It isn't that hard.
If you like lying around anywhere playing videogames then get a vita
If you like playing them on a TV and sitting on a chair then get a VTV
>>
Vita for the biggest selection of games
>>
>>329925304
>dead handheld
>continutes getting more and more games
>don't play native vita games on vita, play the ported versions on ps4
>implying you even have a ps4 and aren't a dedicated nin10year old

lmao
>>
>>329924150
Gamestop currently has a sale on all their new and used Vitas.
PSTV bundle there is currently $60.

I have both and I'd probably lean towards a regular Vita. Check to see if they have the borderlands 2 bundle in stock at your local one since that one comes with a memory card.
If money is more an issue then get the PSTV bundle since it's half as much as even a used Vita.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.