[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it too late to start playing WoW? I've never played it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8
File: 151911.jpg (954 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
151911.jpg
954 KB, 1920x1080
Is it too late to start playing WoW? I've never played it before but I'm really interested. Any advice would be great.
>>
It's been too late since after Burning Crusade - 2007
>>
>>321723638
Hope come?
>>
its definitely past its prime, but people still have fun with it

I actually just got into playing on a private WotLK sever. It'd be dope to find 4+ others to level up with, anyone interested?
>>
>>321723704
How*
>>
>>321723207
you dodged a bullet. its a shallow experience that abuses your base reptilian psychology to get you to play forever and stay subscribed. its a slow burn of almost tedium compared to the great highs and occasional boring lows of playing dozens of other games instead. WoW is a children's security blanket wrapped around your soul. WoW is to accept mediocrity. The word for not changing is death, and WoW is the shiny embodiment of the death of your aspirations
>>
>>321723207
Its still fun
Do you have anyone to play with tho ?
>>
it really depends.
if you like the art style
if you have people to play with sure it is.

but if you are going in with no one at all to play with you may want try it out first. because unless you enjoy the gameplay/world it will be a long boring alienating grind. people will either 100% ignore you or just get upset at you. once in a blue moon you will find people who are not dicks and are willing to talk with people in a civil manner.

brotip. never join a 4chan guild. it will be full of meme spammers and will fall to drama.
>>
>>321724224
Damn...
>>
>>321724224
This sums up my 390 days playtime of WoW
>>
>>321724807
Kek
>>
File: thrallrag1.jpg (810 KB, 1900x1201) Image search: [Google]
thrallrag1.jpg
810 KB, 1900x1201
>>321723207
it's great to play it for sure, it's very accessible right now but you have missed the height of the MMO genre when nothing was spoiled for you and it had a grand sense of adventure.
That being said it's still the most immersive world in any video game community.
>>
>>321723207
Trying to stay unbiased:
–visuals are notoriously 'cartoonish' from screenshots, but after, like, an hour of play it becomes irrelevant and even starts to show some charm; runs on shit specs as an upside. Subjective.
–soundtrack is at least decent, and very often pretty good. Subjective.
–some of the ui might seem archaic, but there are addons for customization. Shit, but fixable.
–combat is tab-target, definitely can be fun (especially 3.3.5 era; some interesting abilities are introduced later, but a lot is being gutted in the process). There are (were) a ton of abilities for each class – many situational, but adds some flavour.
–the plot is, as in most videogames, retarded; however, the lore and atmosphere are somehow charming and comfy (subjective).
–the area design is varied enough, but it is a themepark, so.
–the patch choice is not as obvious as it seems. Classic and BC have an outstanding feel (every top item can be regarded as quite an achievement; forming parties and maintaining reputation is a big part of it). WotLK is probably the better of the bost worlds, streamlined somewhat but still enjoyable. The talent tree was redesigned later for actually more diversity, so that's at least one strong point for MoP/WoD. Garrisons are not as awful as they are portrayed, but they inadvertently shift the collaborative focus of the game.
–PvP is meh but can be fun. Not the strong suit, too much CC and practically no openworld PvP.
–Dungeons are nice, raids are hit or miss.

Overall, I'd recommend you to try either official WoD, or 2.4.3/3.3.5 server (if you want a more arcadish or more old-school feel, respectively) – either way, make sure to get some addons running.
>>
>>321726217
I understand what you're saying since I was typing a similar post.

But damn anon, did you run that through google translate a few times?
>>
File: 1443410627298.gif (156 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
1443410627298.gif
156 KB, 500x282
>>321723207
It's never too late to throw your life away.
>>
>>321723748
how to play on this private server?
>>
Its on sale right now. You can buy a fresh account for $5 and WOD for $12.50 and it comes with a month of playtime.

Even if the game isnt in its prime any more, its still a ton of content for less than 20 bucks.
>>
File: 1445728425180.png (65 KB, 285x276) Image search: [Google]
1445728425180.png
65 KB, 285x276
>>321723207
i'll be honest if ya try it now you will prob like it for about a few months then chuck it aside. It's not an awful mmorpg it just focused heavily on coating new players into the game. While getting rid of features that made die hard fans be loyal for years. You will like it and enjoy it but after a while you feel nothing tying you down to it. It used to do that, but not anymore
>>
>>321728069
>FROGPOSTING

Fucking epic man
>>
>>321726894
Problem is you probably won't get to experience all of the content in only one month, unless you already know what your'e doing ahead of time.
>>
>>321726615
English is not my native (I am Russian); besides correcting a couple of typos, what would be your suggestions? Genuinely asking.
>>
>>321726834
There is a torrent for Molten with everything you want/need, you just need to run the game.
>>
>>321728570
>Problem is you probably won't get to experience all of the content in only one month,
this isn't really a problem it just means if you want to play more theres definitely content for you to do before you get bored.
As a long time veteran of WoW I think the game is great to play on and off and with the sale now it's a good way to casually explore Azeroth right now.
>>
>>321723704

MMO's have gotten shit, they were always shit but never that shit until now.

Blizzard also stacks it's expansions mindlessly on each other. Only the current expansions gameplay matters in the game so all the old content is like a quick leveling tour.

It's like going through a theme park but you can't ride on all the rides, you're only passing through to the newest rides while looking briefly at all the old ones.

Getting into WoW at this point is pointless, you won't understand jack shit about the game and going through all the old content will confuse the fuck out of you because the chronology is out of synch (You'll go from cataclysm time period to back in time for BC and WoTLk, then back to the future, it's a mess).
>>
>>321723207
wait until Legion, community is toxic as hell right now and you won't get invited to anything without gear and achievs this late in the expansion
>>
>>321728909
this is a good post. upvoted
>>
File: 1437430706740.jpg (24 KB, 317x432) Image search: [Google]
1437430706740.jpg
24 KB, 317x432
>>321728994

Eat shit.
>>
>>321728968
>community is toxic as hell right now

This is why I quit. Everyone is such a bully.

Back in vanilla people were saints in comparison.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
https://en.nostalrius.org/

Sitting back comfy as fuck
>>
>>321730101
>taking pic with tip of dragon dildo showing

Sly mofo
>>
File: image.jpg (95 KB, 650x486) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95 KB, 650x486
>>321730363
Shit I'm had
>>
>>321730363
not him but that looks like a sock mr
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.