[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I git gud at fighting games? Even when I spend hours in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: USFIV.jpg (183 KB, 913x514) Image search: [Google]
USFIV.jpg
183 KB, 913x514
How do I git gud at fighting games? Even when I spend hours in training practicing a certain characters moves, I always end up button-mashing when I'm fighting against a CPU or player.
>>
>>321667567
You Can't
>>
Then get out of training mode and actually play people
>>
>>321667641
this, the only way to git gud is to get beaten in to the dirt.
>>
Nothing will help you except experience. Find a local scene, play people, maybe online if your display doesn't have bad input delay.
>>
Stop practicing special moves and combos and focus on learning how to properly defend and counter your opponent.
>>
>>321667567
Find a character with a annoying move and spam it, like how niggas get blown up by tiger shot or Akumas zoning fireballs
>>
1. Learn a simple combo to use in openings
2. Learn to block
3. Learn to poke

There you go. Now you're better than half of the players.
>>
>>321667853
Honestly you should be able to get your specials out 100% of the time on either side and have a very basic punish combo (normal xx special) before playing someone.
>>
Use crouch medium kick and anti-airs - you will beat 50% of people online.
Also learn to block crossups.
>>
>>321667762
>maybe online if your display doesn't have bad input delay
no reason to worry about this, when fighting online the lag will dominate anyway
>>
>>321667567
The same way you get good at any other game/skill. Keep sucking until you get good.

You think Ken Block, Daigo Umehara, or Jimi Hendrix were born as gods? No, they trained relentlessly.
>>
>>321667973
You forgot anti-airing and punishing.
>>
>>321667567
Play for 10 years.
>>
>>321667567
literally just keep playing. You might be mad or frustrated or any number of things on the way to actually being good, but you probably won't even realize you're there when you make it. Just keep grinding it out, learn from your losses, and remember to think during matches.

>Why does that punish keep connecting
>What can I be doing to improve my neutral
>>
>>321667567
First learn your buttons.
Learn your longest reaching poke and your anti air.

You can beat tons of people by using pure fundamentals alone. If you use Ryu for example try just poking people with crouching medium, zone with fireball, and if they jump in use crouching hard punch or shoryuken.

Once you get used to your characters moves that's when you can begin to learn combos, mixups and pressure.
>>
You change your mindset. https://mrkingfunk.wordpress.com/
>>
>>321667641
>>321667736
>>
File: legendarytweet.png (216 KB, 630x529) Image search: [Google]
legendarytweet.png
216 KB, 630x529
>>321667567
97% of /v/ is at the top right when it comes to fighting games. Memele babies are up there as well.
>>
>he hasn't graduated 3rd strike university

It's too late for you. You might pick some basic fundamentals here and there, but that's about it.
>>
>>321667567
Discipline your self and play with your own self imposed rules and limitations (no mashing, hitcheck into combo only, no jumping, no zoning etc).
Would that make you lose more often?
Probably.
Would that improve you faster than your stupid button mashing?
Heck yes.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.