[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the deal with games like Street Fighter and Xenoblade?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 1449932781252.jpg (41 KB, 406x581) Image search: [Google]
1449932781252.jpg
41 KB, 406x581
What's the deal with games like Street Fighter and Xenoblade? Is the era of based japanese developers over?
>>
All the japs are retreating to mobile phone gaming
>>
Street Fighter has been around every generation and Xenoblade is just another average JRPG.
>>
Nah we still get the occasional good jap game like GG Xrd.

Most of them have lost their way though.
>>
File: Laws of the land.jpg (116 KB, 404x760) Image search: [Google]
Laws of the land.jpg
116 KB, 404x760
>>321029895
>>
The problem is Western developers gimmicks are starting to get old. FPS is stagnating, open world games are getting boring. The biggest hits nowadays are Undertale and Minecraft. You know you're in trouble when you're getting beat by indie games.
>>
File: 1438507196877.jpg (81 KB, 406x581) Image search: [Google]
1438507196877.jpg
81 KB, 406x581
>>
>>321030505
>The biggest hits
>Undertale

It sold 500,000. Fallout 4 has sold 12 million copies so far.
>>
>>321030110
>this meme again
>when Japan is set to release dozens of console games in 2016 that look amazing
>>
Japanese games right now are riding on pure nostalgia and fanservice. They will never catch up to what they did in the 6th gen of gaming and they will never come close to that level of success and critical acclaim.
>>
>>321030213
>xturd
>good
>any weebshit kusoge
>good
>>
>>321031563
Go back and shitpost in /fgg/
>>
>>321031176
Get ready for FF XV to blow your mind.
>>
>>321031563
Please self destruct fag
>>
>>321029895

I assume you're talking about censorship based on your image.

Xenoblade was changed by the American localization team and supposedly the Japanese creators were completely unaware of the changes that were made.

Street Fighter still has lewd. Just no close-ups on lewd. At least it seems to be a global change and not just "the westerners need to be babied".
>>
>>321030110
It pains me to see this but this is the main reason there will never be an era of based Japanese games. Japanese developers have been torn in half by corporate greed and will likely never recover unless Sony and Nintendo die out for good and they embrace Steam.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.