[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
?????
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 9
File: whydiden.jpg (32 KB, 648x422) Image search: [Google]
whydiden.jpg
32 KB, 648x422
Why didn't Quiet just write down shit on a piece of paper and hand Snake a note saying

"Hey I can't speak cause I'm infected with nanosites also, your staff are infected aswell, that's why I was trying to murder that guy"

Why didn't she just write a note to that guy and say you need to be quarantined?

She could speak english so surely she could write english.

Why didn't Code Talker tell Snake?

Why do I still feel so empty?
>>
Because jap shit is about symbolism and feelings more than actual logic.
Its okay anon i stil feel it too.
>>
>>320998308

because kojima cant write for shit
>>
>>320998417
this. same reason why shakespearean characters are dumb as fuck and suicide at any given chance
>>
>>320998308
I believe it was explained in a tape that if a person were to stuff down on a piece of paper while infected by the natural nanomachines they would run the risk of subconsciously vocalizing their words.
Basically it's fucking stupid because she is always at risk of accidentally mumbling something. It's what people do.
>>
>>320998689
>Its clearly explained that the VOCAL CHORD PARASITES only begin mating when the actual vocal chords vibrate in a specific way

Subconsciously vocalizing do fucking nothing.
>>
wait what?

>>320998689
what?

I haven't played these games, why do they sound so stupid whenever I hear about them?
>>
>>320998308
Also, doesn't Snake speak like 5 languages?
>>
>>320999174
Snake does. Venom doesn't.
>>
>>320999174

That's because you're not the real Snake.
>>
>>320999369
Is this like the stupid fucking Pliskin isn't Solid Snake thing? Fuck you Venom is Big Boss.
>>
Didn't she infect the shit out of everything when she spoke at the end?
>>
ocular parasites who when exposed to certain patterns such as an alphabet will destroy the host brain starting from the eyes and all the way back to the brain. Holy shit I'm a great writer like Kojima.
>>
>>320999116
When you read something in your head, or write something on paper, your vocal cords actually do move somewhat, as do some muscles used for speech, which is why if you're reading a good book you might notice your tongue is moving a bit even though you're only reading in your head
>>
She was conflicted about whether or not she would infect Snake. She didn't want to help him nevessarily, not by giving him information, since she wasn't sure if she'd go through with her revenge.

I don't understand why people don't understand this
>>
>>320999758
Have you played the game? Venom is literally not Big Boss, he was a medic in MSF who went into a coma so Zero had his face reconstructed to look like Big Boss and put him through hypnotherapy to believe he was Big Boss.
>>
File: 1436453966803.jpg (159 KB, 450x502) Image search: [Google]
1436453966803.jpg
159 KB, 450x502
>>321000280
This

She was there to kill fucking everyone. She was working for Skullface. You retards didn't even pay attention to the story yet you want to complain about it like you're some hardcore fanboy.
>>
>>320998308
And I still can't convince my friends that MGSV isn't that great of a game. Sure the controls are awesome but that's about as good as it gets.
>>
>>321001708
she was in love with him bro
>>
>>320998308
Misunderstandings are the crux of all drama conceived in Japan.
>>
>>320998308
They mention this early on. I think Ocelot says they tried to get her to communicate through writing notes but she didn't cooperate.
>>
Hotglue where
>>
>>321000061
Well son of a bitch I never noticed that before.
>>
File: 1375785376242.jpg (87 KB, 850x629) Image search: [Google]
1375785376242.jpg
87 KB, 850x629
>>320998308
Also, why didn't skull face fucking kill Venom?

He had so many opportunities to, two biggest ones that come to mind were, during the honey bee mission, Sahelanthropus literally has him in the palm of it's hand and does nothing. Then skull face practically kills himself by being like "Hey me n you both have demons or some shit how about I show you all my shit and we can go on a big long drive and then you can escape- I mean I'll kill you then"

Also I fucking hated how skull face wore that gay mask. I thought he looked way better without it in GZ
>>
>>320998308
Who else fapped to the doujin of this slut getting knotted by DD?
>>
File: baby-boy-being-fed-spoon.jpg (15 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
baby-boy-being-fed-spoon.jpg
15 KB, 500x334
>>321002181
After she spends time around boss on MB and on missions. The reason she is there, and the reason she stays is because she is the third parasite sample from Skelington. That's what he means when he says "Close to you" because Quiet and Boss have grown close over the course of the game. The idea, paralleled by many other characters in the game, is that we don't actually know where one allegiance ends and the other begins.
>>
>>320999116
because they are stupid.
>>
>>321002662
thanks papi
>>
>>321002557
Poor Joosten, so innocent, yet her image is so sullied.
Name of doujin?
>>
>>320998308
>>320998689

If nanomachines can prevent ID tagged soldiers from firing other peoples ID tagged weaponry, then Im sure nanomachines can prevent her from speaking a few simple words.
>>
>>320998689
Sadly no one listened to the tapes. There's one where code talker states that when someone vocalizes words in their head their vocal chords can still simulate the movement(vibration) of talking. This has the risk of activating the parasites. Other than the parasite part this is actually scientifically accurate.
>>
Because Kojima's a fucking hack and he completely lost his mind with 5.
>>
>>320998308
It's explained in one of the tapes with Ocelot you retard. Go take a listen.
>>
>>321003247
I listened to em, but wouldn't that mean that even thinking about shit could run the risk of activating the paramachines?
>>
>>320998689
and you think she would realize this?
>>
>women
>thinking logically

Pick one
>>
>>320998308
LOGOGRAPHIC
PARASITES
SON
>>
>>321003247
Huh that is interesting
>>
>>321003916
Possibly, who knows what information she had.
>>
>>321003670
Not if she focused her thoughts in Navajo. Which seemed to be her main language.
>>
Maybe she is dyslexic
>>
File: MGSV_e3_15.1370989252.jpg (508 KB, 1500x844) Image search: [Google]
MGSV_e3_15.1370989252.jpg
508 KB, 1500x844
>>320998308
If she expresses a willingness to communicate she will be interrogated and probably killed, Kaz has it out for her and revealing her knowledge of the vocal chord parasites would implicate her as a cipher spy and give him an excuse, even if she didn't tell them anything else they would keep torturing her.

Quiet needs to maintain the facade of being a mute in order to operate freely on motherbase.
>>
File: 1413755788291.png (157 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1413755788291.png
157 KB, 500x500
>>320998308
What I found disappointing about Quiet was that she has her "accident" at the beginning of the game. I'm unclear on the timeline since the game doesn't state it, but it can't be more than half a year or even less between the hospital incident and her appearing in Afghaniland. This means that in that short time her entire body is genetically altered from head to toe, she recovers from the treatment AND having been burned alive to begin with, masters her new superhuman skills to perfection, is briefed and trains for her mission and raises hell before Snake shows up. I wouldn't mind if she had been some "freak" Ciber/Skullface had kept in secret and cultivated over the years, like the Cobra Unit for comparison, but NO, she just pops out of nowhere like a daisy.
Also, her motivation for the whole thing is shallow and she's equally fickle to suddenly do a full heel turn on it anyway.
Also also, her morphing make-up turned out to be nothing besides a visual que for strong emotional reaction, I think?
>>
>>321006527
>Also also, her morphing make-up turned out to be nothing besides a visual que for strong emotional reaction, I think?
The pattern looks like a butterfly
>>
>>321000601

>mfw listening to this fan speculation after playing the game and realising it's true

the horror
>>
>>321002662
>Grey Fox
>Ocelot
>Paz
>Quiet
>Is they friend or enemy?? You don't know lol how deep!
When will Kojima get tired of hammering this same topic?
>>
>>320998689
>>320999061
>>320999116
It's literally real
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subvocalization
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subvocal_recognition
>>
>>321007007
There were several big hints early on in the game that you weren't the real Big Boss. They just hoped you had forgot by the last mission.
>>
>>321006527
What is going on in that picture?
>>
>>321006395
>Kaz has it out for her and revealing her knowledge of the vocal chord parasites would implicate her as a cipher spy and give him an excuse

- Kaz already knows she's a Cipher spy, and wanted Big Boss to kill her immediately (and some players probably did)

- What about the time she tried to kill someone on Motherbase? Why didn't he kill her then? Did he just not hear about it? Unlikely.

>>321007350
I think the reason all of that was shoved in your face was to draw you into a state of denial.
>There's no way I'm not Big Boss, it'd be too obvious
Which works with the meta-narrative of the player being Venom.
>>
File: 1421299072172.jpg (20 KB, 200x246) Image search: [Google]
1421299072172.jpg
20 KB, 200x246
>>321002479
Remember how in GZ Side Ops that one intel operative said he couldn't remember his (Skullface's) face, even though a mug like that would be hard to not remember? People speculated Skully had some kind of special power that had that effect on others. Yeah, that turned out to be a whole lot of nothing as well.
>>
>>320999174
>Snake you have to extract a russian translator
>wat.jpeg
>B-but Snake understand russian
>wtf
I knew something was wrong from the start
>>
File: 1411537823124.jpg (336 KB, 1477x2067) Image search: [Google]
1411537823124.jpg
336 KB, 1477x2067
>>321007820
>the reason all of that was shoved in your face was to draw you into a state of denial
I don't like making excuses for someone else, but sometimes I do wonder if showing the full version of the emergency room video with Kaz's "What about him?" at the end so was some kind of snafu from Kojipro and we were never supposed to see that last bit until in the game. Kojima joking about the line referring to "him looking at his own creation" was an attempt to cover the fuckup after the fact. I mean, that video was one of the first pieces of MGSV we ever saw and it nearly gave away the entire twist right there.
Then again, contrivedly obscuring the medic's face in the chopper was another alarm bell and there's no way that could have been unintentional.
>>
>>321007820
Kaz wants to kill her because she attacked the boss, he doesn't know she worked for Cipher until they find the flower petals on her after her accident, and they had intel beforehand that she was spending all her time picking off Soviet patrols, who were working with Cipher, making her their enemy.
>>
>>320998308
We've been over this. The parasites would know and it would be the same as talking. They infect the part of the brain that deals with communication, and any attempt to circumvent them will set them off.
>>
>>321010087
No.
They only infect the throat, hence why they say in the tapes that you could cut them out entirely but obviously you would't do any kind of talking after that.
Ahh whatever, it's fucking Kojima-science that works however the plot requires it to.
>>
>>321008914
They could have at least handwaved it with the whole shrapnel to the brain.

For me, it was Ishmael's dialog in the hospital combined with the The Boss computer the first time you meet Huey. It scans you and straight up tells you that you aren't The Boss.
>>
>>320998689
Hahah, people believing this bait. This wasn't in the game.
>>
>>320998308
She had two reasons. One she didn't want to talk as she still had a want to unleash the parasite and kill Big Boss. Two, if they knew she had the vocal parasite do you think she'd be allowed stay on motherbase? Miller would probably kill her on the spot.
>>
>>320998308
>All the idiots in this thread that barely paid attention to the story are the same who shitpost about this game and spread memes.
Makes sense I suppose.
>>
Why didn't Quiet speak Navajo?
>>
>>320998616
There's a character in a Shakespeare story that is raped and loses her tongue, and literally writes the names of her attackers in the sand.
>>
>>321012117
Because that would have made sense.
>>
>>321002557
source plz
>>
why didn't she just learn another language
>>
File: mfw subvocalizers.jpg (12 KB, 220x330) Image search: [Google]
mfw subvocalizers.jpg
12 KB, 220x330
Because she is a subhuman subvocalizer
>>
>>321011568
yeah, i listened to every tape and it's literally not in the game. if it was then parasites could be activated just by thinking.
>>
>>321013287
You don't think in speech, retard. Thought is conceptual.
>>
>>321011035
>They could have at least handwaved it with the whole shrapnel to the brain.
They did though
>>
Because Quiet wanted them to think she couldn't communicate in any viable manner, if Kaz found out she was able to communicate verbally or through writing he'd have her tortured without end until she revealed something
>>
Hey cool MGS5 thread. So I'm stuck on A Quiet Exit and I read there's typically a fuel cargo container next to the building you start at that you can ride out but I'm not seeing it. Is it not always there or did it get patched out?
>>
>>321012991
Why didn't Coke Talker tell them that Quiet had the english strain but he could communicate with her in Navajo? If they knew she had the English strain they could have hit her up with wolbachia. I'm sure Code Talker would have wanted that because he wouldn't have wanted all of motherbase to be infected by the English strain.
>>
>>320999758
>he didnt play it
>>
>>320999758
either you didnt play it or YOURE memeing

real spoiler:
venom isnt the real big boss
>>
>>321015169
Because that would have made sense.

It the end of the game, Kojima was alright splits-ville, and the writers had to cobble something together to shove the game out fast.
>>
Because Quiet is a fucking idiot.
>>
>>321015169
Why did Quiet know Navajo at all? Why was that the only language she knew other than English when she's in some sort of special forces and there's a load more useful languages out there?
>>
>>321013619
Try thinking without using any words, go.
>>
>>321015793
I don't know either. I can't think of any reasonable reason for her to know Navajo. The only one I could think of is she was intended to pass on a message from Code Talker to Skull Face or vice versa, as that was what the Navajo were used for as their language was too hard to crack.

Maybe they cut out a mission set in South America. Might not have been an open world thing, but more of a Ground Zeroes type deal.
>>
>>321015865
I genuinely can't tell if you're being serious or not.

Most people think visually. Not with words. Are you actually Karl Pilkington?
>>
>>321016197
>Most people think visually.

Your brain is defective anon.
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.