[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Literally any developer releases piecemeal dlc >x developer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (79 KB, 500x482) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79 KB, 500x482
>Literally any developer releases piecemeal dlc
>x developer is the worst, let's boycott them

>nintendo sells individual characters for sm4sh
>noone bats an eye

Is it really ok when nintendo does it or is sm4sh just a really really loud dicksuckingly good community for nintendo?
>>
File: 1450466265744.gif (80 KB, 315x411) Image search: [Google]
1450466265744.gif
80 KB, 315x411
>>320934620
>it's a ruggarell thread
>>
>>320934620
>unique character compared to others
>has loads of replayability
>entire fighting style
>multiple skins

vs
>something you use for 3 minutes once
>>
>>320934620
the fgc as a whole is the shittiest videogaming community in existence, and smash is the lowest of that community
>>
File: image.jpg (249 KB, 1280x1227) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
249 KB, 1280x1227
w/e nigga post more cute Tashigi
>>
>not knowing you're in NintendoGaf
>being this new
>>
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 620x419) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 620x419
>>320934723
No it's my thread

>>320934816
>implying fg devs cant make expansion packs

You'll try to argue that this is the right way to do it though

Some league of legends-tier Stockholm syndrome
>>
>>320935191
W/e lil nigga, just post more thick and stop shitposting Nintendo.
>>
>>320935068
I just think the mods are scared of stickying anything other than nintendo stuff after that time they stickied a fucking Assassin's Creed game

Basically noone on /v/ has a wii u anyway
>>
File: ___.jpg (35 KB, 599x336) Image search: [Google]
___.jpg
35 KB, 599x336
Except other developers do day 1 DLC bullshit where the content is in disk and locked with a fucking download key. Smash DLC came out in chunks caus it was actually worked on after the game's release. Street Fighter V isn't even fucking out yet and the DLC characters already hot fucking leaked. That means they already fucking planned to bot include content from the getgo for the purpose of selling later.

Smash on its own was large enough to be a complete package, and since two teams were working on 2 versions of the game, the work on Mewtwo was most likely being handled by the B team while A team finished the WiiU version. In other words, they were actually working after the game was done on content to be released after.

Smash ends its DLC ride with 58 characters, mostly unique. It already had 51 right out of the box. How many characters will street fighter have out the box?
>>
I wish the DLC was cheaper or had better package deals, but it's still not as bad as a lot of the other shit we've been seeing. Smash DLC is alright, at least you can play against characters you don't own online. Mario Kart 8 just says "fuck you, buy the DLC" if you try to join a friend that has it.
>>
File: suffermore.jpg (62 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
suffermore.jpg
62 KB, 500x500
>>320934620
>>320935191
>>
>>320935594
To add to this - Smash is the kind of game were we WANT more characters put in. It's evident by all the smash hacks adding fan favorites. The fans want the extra shit put in. That's pretty different from "here's this expansion pack for a new area we're adding that you never knew about."
>>
File: image.jpg (447 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
447 KB, 960x1280
>>320934937
>>320935454
Tashigi is as unproportionate as the amount of people that own a wii u compared to the 3ds
>>
>>320935594
Here.

Didn't see
>piecemeal

I've no problem with anyone releasing DLC the proper way; as content made after the game's release, especially to add fan requested content. I have a problem with on disk shit and bullshit like "preorder now to get this DLC scenario!" when the game is still in fucking development. It's pretty much announcing "we have the time to put this in the game, but we specifically decided to save it for extra milking."

Sm4sh as the largest selection of playable characters than any previous installment WITHOUT the added characters. I'd say it's pretty unreasonable to suspect content was shocked aside specifically for milking when they already obviously used their development time effectively.
>>
Half the time you people cry IT IZ OKAY WHEN NINTENDO DOES IT, it is with minor shit like cosmetics or other unimportant crap.
The few times the whining is justified, EVERYONE is shitting on Nintendo, kind of making the whole ´its okay when nintendo does it´ shitting pointless considering the massive butthurt that happens every time.

The very existence of your ebic maymay contradicts your point.
Not to mention all of you brand-loyal cucks give your own favorite producer or platform a pass when shit like that happens.
>>
>>320936310
If it was more fairly priced i would be okay with sm4sh dlc. Think about it.

60$/51 characters = a little over a dollar per character

Instead we get dlc like this. How is it fair?
>>
>>320936557
I am not saying it is fair.
I am saying that your maymays arent fair and that everyone spamming it is a hypocrite.
>>
>>320936725
You're right

But I don't hear about people buying microtransactions/small dlc for the games that I play
>>
>>320937012
gat to love that pre-order season pass huh f@m
>>
File: 14325436346.png (1 MB, 1280x1470) Image search: [Google]
14325436346.png
1 MB, 1280x1470
>>320934937
This. I literally just entered this thread because of that.

>mfw I watched the episode where she makes that face yesterday
>>
>>320937250
Yeah i was pretty upset when dark souls 2 got announced and fromsoft said there would NOT be dlc really explicitly and then we got a season pass

i was even more mad when people on /v/ lapped that shit up and bought it even though the base game was garbage.
>>
Yo One Piece niggas post the infographic on what episodes someone starting fresh needs to watch. I'm sick as fuck and wanna watch anime in bed all day.
>>
>>320937712
Ora ora read the manga
>>
>>320937712
https://www.nyaa.eu/?page=view&tid=714701
Best way to watch it
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.