[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is runescape still the best MMO on the current market?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 9
File: memechild.png (591 KB, 905x917) Image search: [Google]
memechild.png
591 KB, 905x917
Is runescape still the best MMO on the current market?
>>
>>320919009
Its boring as fuck now senpai.
>>
File: super ceral.png (89 KB, 422x454) Image search: [Google]
super ceral.png
89 KB, 422x454
>>320919009
>click object
>wait while you gain experience points
>level up
>click new object
>wait while you gain experience points
>ad nauseum
>>
File: smg.png (2 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
smg.png
2 KB, 499x499
>>320919009
nah
>>
>>320919009
Play with the /v/ clan, the meme spammers are tolerable and everyone is really helpful/dedicated to the game but if you wanna ERP or have a conversation with a select group of people DO SO IN ANOTHER FUCKING CHAT CHANNEL I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ABOUT HOW YOU KNOW EACH OTHER IRL AND YOUR DAILY PROBLEMS

otherwise great group of people, they got good fetishes and superb time management skillz
>>
I never played Runescape, should I?
>>
Osrs > /v/scape > powergap > rs3
>>
File: reboot_promo_01.jpg (154 KB, 1070x562) Image search: [Google]
reboot_promo_01.jpg
154 KB, 1070x562
>>320919009
>>
File: costanza.jpg (8 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
costanza.jpg
8 KB, 250x250
>>320919306
>playing anything with /v/
>ever
>>
>>320919414
No. I'm not a nostalgiafag, but it definitely had more charm before the EoC and RS3. It was an old fashioned kind if game then, but now it's just a budget version of other MMOs.
>>
>>320919009
"Still"

It wasn't even close to being anywhere in the top 10 in it's prime.

What makes you think things have changed after they catered for shitfag 12 year olds who can't play a proper MMO for shit?
>>
>>320919414
Sounds cliche, but this game was only good awhile ago. The gameplay can be very similar, but the allure is completely gone. The feeling of playing runescspe ~2007 was something incredible.
>>
GE killed it, theres literally no reason to interact wit other players or go to the various shops in the game
>>
>>320919414
it was very good for its time, especially when the populations were booming. I wouldn't know what rs3 is like though.
>>
>>320920632
It stopped people from getting arthritis
>SELLING RUNE SCIMITAR 25K
>SELLING RUNE SCIMITAR 25K
>>
>>320920012
>It wasn't even close to being anywhere in the top 10 in it's prime.
You don't know what you're talking about youngling.
Also if you want an answer to if the game is dead go to the main runescape general on /vg/. Went there out of curiosity and it was really said.
>>
>>320920632
Interacting with other players was a waste of XP desu.
>>
>>320920632
Runescape is like Rome. A lot of things killed it in unison. Bots, GE, that one time where they removed PKing, theres probably more.
>>
>>320920751
A lot of aspects of it are dead now, which is a bummer, because it would be a lot of fucking fun if more people still played it.
>>
File: holyfugg.jpg (60 KB, 760x470) Image search: [Google]
holyfugg.jpg
60 KB, 760x470
>>320919009
Old School RuneScape is.
>>
>>320920830

I thought OSRS has a really big community?
>>
>>320920632
>GE
>You can hang around GE and talk with people while selling and buying
>You can hang around ANYWHERE and talk with people while selling and buying

>No GE
>Spamming selling / buying something for hours with no real interaction

Yes, it sure killed it.

People only blame GE because it came paired with trade limit and Wilderness changes but GE is nothing but positive for the game.
>>
>>320919483
I've been playing REBOOT as well anon. In between my RuneScape. I'm even debating spending some NX to get a pet to follow me around and pickup my mesos and items. This is insanely better than regular maplestory with a shitshow of a hog cashshop with asstons of pay2win
>>
The thing about runescape is that it knows exactly when to award you, it does it perfectly. It gives you several hours of f2p content (if you're new at least) and then dangles membership in front of your face, jagex knows you want it. Every 10 levels you get something new and shiny, it reminds you about membership every 5 levels with member items that look interesting as fuck. I remember being memorized by the split bark armor when I was a f2p, having members online NPCs in the F2P part was a genius idea.

>>320920632
I blame the faggot streamersl ike b0aty who didnt want it but kept their mouth shut because they didnt want to influence anything despite the fact that everyone was doing it

>>320920757
they added in auto chat

>>320919414
yes, if you're new go in and have fun. Try not to use the internet too much for help.
>>
>>320920632
Yeah I really look back on my fond days as a 13 year old typing "selling coal 100gp ea" over and over again in a sea of other text
GE was needed.
>>
>>320919414
No they abandoned the game's charms, and it became abhorrently pay to win.
>>
>>320920873
osrs and rs3 have almost identical player count numbers at any given time. Osrs took a significant lead during the launch of deadman mode (which was holy shit so fucking fun for the first week), but once the hype for dmm settled down the numbers stabalized.

But seriously, who here /played on the launch of dmm/? that shit was so much fun. Smithing iron knives in the falador mines while chatting casually to the other miners, only to fuck their shit up when the knives were ready. Plus hiding with a skull was such a fucking rush.

I really enjoyed it for the first week. Got boring eventually once the grind really set in and everyone was lv 90 cmb. Sold all my shit and swapped the gold to osrs, made like 10m.
>>
>>320920838
>log in old school runescape
>my account has been wiped, but my RS3 account still has all its shit

fuck that. I am not training everything again.
>>
>>320921041
>they added in auto chat
And even then people mostly used Zybez where it was check item, go to world X, Varrock bank and that's fucking it. Some fucking player interaction.

>I blame the faggot streamersl ike b0aty who didnt want it but kept their mouth shut because they didnt want to influence anything despite the fact that everyone was doing it
A Friend was for it you know, because he actually knows what's up. Having half a million worth of stuff lying in bank which you just can't sell because it's so impossible to sell around Varrock W2 just isn't fucking fun.

>>320921120
But OSRS is 80% bots.
>>
File: OSRSisbestRS.png (1007 KB, 1133x689) Image search: [Google]
OSRSisbestRS.png
1007 KB, 1133x689
>>320919414
>>320920830
>>320920873
It's got a large and active community. It's fun as fuck and a lot more fun than RS3.
>>
>>320921179
This. I haven't logged in since 2009. I just want to remember runescape for what it used to be. If I could log into OSRS on my level 100 i would right now.
>>
>>320921243
A friend is a fucking idiot and shouldn't be taken seriously in any context.

And that thing about bots is bullshit and you know it. The only thing close is the chinese farmers at blue dragons
>>
>>320921261
I cant recall since it was so long ago, but didnt runescape used to have 100k?
>>
>>320921446
20k is pretty good considering they spent years killing the game, at one point rs3 had like 2k people on it.
>>
>>320921372
>A friend is a fucking idiot and shouldn't be taken seriously in any context.
Why is he an idiot? For having valid points? Why is b0aty better than him?

If you honestly think the fact that there's tons of unsellable shit isn't a valid point you're an idiot.

>And that thing about bots is bullshit and you know it.
No it fucking isn't. OSRS is filled to the brim with bots, it was like that back in 2007 and it's in OSRS too. There are gorillion working bots for OSRS and of course people are using them.
>>
>>320921634
>unsellable
>post it on zybez
>sit in world 2 while fletching
WOW
SO HARD
also b0aty is a faggot.

I'm literally playing right now and there isn't a single fucking bot, just because nobody wants to talk to you doesn't mean they're a bot. pretty much all talking is done in CCs these days
>>
>>320921372
>>320921738
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFavJxl43lQ
Just watch this shit and then claim it's not full of valid points.

>WOW SO HARD

Good luck selling a mix of 18 addy ore, 86 mithril ore, and other loads of shit that you can't really sell or rather IT'S NOT FUCKING WORTH IT to spend 2 hours selling those items when you could just gain millions while doing so.

Or good luck trying to sell a Bob Shirt. Or some other obscure TT items.

Also, how is your method any different from
>Put on GE
>Talk around GE or go training whatever and talk to people
Or is it the epic player interaction of "10" -trade- "thx" that gets your dick hard?

>I'm literally playing right now and there isn't a single fucking bot
So much fucking denial man.

Last time I played two months ago you still saw packs of lvl 3 accounts with gdsgsdg48 gsdggd49 gfddgfgg50 etc. accounts at fishing spots, woodcutting spots and everywhere else - especially in F2P. It was fucking full of bots.
>>
Does anyone know if Age of Conan is still good?
>>
>>320921738
>CC
Can't talk to people IRL because everyone is jerking off on their smartphones.
Can't talk to people on RS because everyone is jerking off on CC.
>>
>>320922085
seems like the common theme here is that no one wants to talk to you
>>
File: no bots in osrs.png (80 KB, 475x898) Image search: [Google]
no bots in osrs.png
80 KB, 475x898
>>320921738
I actually went to check the fishing spot and this is what I saw, same as always.

Mind you pretty much every fucking single world is like this in F2P.

>>320922465
Sorry but you've got the wrong guy. Dumbass.
>>
>>320922528
>Sorry but you've got the wrong guy. Dumbass.
lol what
>>
>>320922575
Meaning: you're seeing samefag there where it doesn't exist.
>>
>>320922683
re read the post you quoted you idiot
>>
>>320922757
>seems like the common theme here is that no one wants to talk to you
Which is a clear implication of aimed towards me unless you meant "you" as a plural but I highly doubt it.
>>
File: wizardcity800.jpg (231 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
wizardcity800.jpg
231 KB, 800x600
>>
>>320919009
Runescape has never been the best MMO. It's never been on the market either.
As expected from someone who even uses the term "dank memes"
>>
>>320920012
>It wasn't even close to being anywhere in the top 10 in it's prime.
Are you dumb? You realize RS holds the Guiness record for "largest free mmo", right?
>>
It was fun when I was a kid and didn't have a budget for vidya.
>finish homework and do chores
>ask parents to use the computer for homework
>fuck around with MS Word for 10 minutes before playing runescape for an hour.
I played it for about 4 years of and on before it lost its charm with me. Logged in a month ago and it was weird as hell for me seeing what change but weirder was what was still the same for damn near a decade.
>>
http://strawpoll.me/6324911/r

which ?
>>
Is Runescape the best MMO when it comes to gathering and crafting?
>>
>>320922528
>f2p

theres your problem
>>
Runescape confirmed MMO of the century.
>>
>>320925415
I honestly think so. Mundane repetitive tasks never had the same charm in other games I've tried. Runescape was to my primary school grades what WoW was to my highschool ones.
>>
>>320921041
Pacing is so fucking important in MMOs. You have to have the balance of tedium and reward correct or else the difficulty curve is all fucked up. Many modern MMOs do this completely wrong by trying to throw too much shit at the player constantly.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.