[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Final Smash Direct Discussion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 85
File: FinalSmashDirectMain.png (439 KB, 633x356) Image search: [Google]
FinalSmashDirectMain.png
439 KB, 633x356
It's the day after the storm; can we just have a regular ol' thread discussing the new characters without the bitching and moaning?

>How are you liking Cloud?
>What did you think of Corrin; will he be better than the other FE characters?
>What about Bayonetta?

Personally Cloud is pretty good, I'd say, though an anon said it well yesterday: he's "hard reads" the character. I think with some practice he can be a monster, especially to flowcharters.

As for Bayo, just looking her mechanics and smashes, it's apparent that the team put some heart and soul into her; I'm thinking she'll be on par or at least right under characters like Shiek and ZSS once you've master her
>>
I hate corrin as ANOTHER FE rep

but his mechanics as a smash character look cool as fuck

not really sure about the barefoot shit though whats up with that

excited to see cloud and bayonetta in high level play to really see what they're capable of.
>>
File: 1450251275688.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1450251275688.gif
2 MB, 500x281
Cloud feels like a beast so far. Slow and a bit cumbersome, but a beast nontheless.

Bayo looks like she'd be crazy fun to use yet an annoyance to fight

Corrin, I was disappointed to see "Yet another FE animuswordsman" but I really dig the Dragon transformation shit, he looks really unique amongst all the FE Sword fighters.
I never thought I'd Main girlrobin and I'm thinking I'll probably like dragongirl too.
>>
Corrin's gonna be godlike in doubles. Wide ass Counter radius and that lancing move that pins enemies in place for your teammate to Falcon Punch or something.
>>
File: notfair.png (22 KB, 817x833) Image search: [Google]
notfair.png
22 KB, 817x833
ITS NOT FAIR
>>
File: 1450223597335.jpg (16 KB, 313x215) Image search: [Google]
1450223597335.jpg
16 KB, 313x215
>>320402772
>not really sure about the barefoot shit though whats up with that
We will just have to wait and see until the game comes out and explain it. But it could be some sort of "divine beings does not wear shoes" thing that I seen come up now and then in different media.
>>
>>320402989
its just fucking like, I dunno, setting something off inside me like fuck you're wearing full fucking armor bro why not put on some FUCKING SHOES
>>
>>320402989
Honestly, I kinda like it. I've not been one for footfetishfag shit, but the fact they're barefoot make me think of Ryu from Breath of Fire, sorta how hes this dragonperson capable of so much and disconnect from normal humans n shit.

The character honestly intrigues me.
>>
I'm sort of on the fence with Cloud. I think he doesn't make sense in this game considering he's not really part of Nintendo's history. It's like making a TMNT fighting game where one of the playable character is a Rabbid.

I don't like Bayonetta, the game. I think it's boring. At least on Normal. I'd love to try it out on Hard, but the game won't let me. Still, the character herself is great and it's a pretty good addition to the roster.

Corrin? I don't know who he is. Did we really need more FE? I don't know. I don't play FE. Is it really that popular? I was more excited for another first party newcomer than third party, so I admit this is a massive disappointment for me.
>>
>>320402953
haha
>>
I'm not an autist who cares about how many reps a certain series has. Both Corrin and Beyonetta look cool as fuck and I can't wait to play as them.
>>
File: BayoSmashArt.jpg (3 MB, 3534x5000) Image search: [Google]
BayoSmashArt.jpg
3 MB, 3534x5000
I like him, haven't been able to play him much but he's definitely fun to play with and trying to learn all of his abilities and use them correctly seems like a lotta fun.
Yeah, I mean another FE rep but he seems unique enough to stand out of the sword wielder pool.
>What about Bayonetta?
HOLY mother of god, I LOVE Bayonetta, I actually voted for Wonder Red because I never thought she had a chance but Oh my fucking GOD she's a dream come true.
>>
>>320402584
I wasn't expecting to really pick him up, but I'm pretty underwhelmed. He seems alright.
>Corrin?
Don't really care, wasn't interested in his reveal. The trailer was lacking.
>Bayonetta?
I was more excited for Cloud. Pretty lukewarm over Bayonetta. I'll try her out, but I'm not expecting much.
>>
>>320402772
>Part dragon
>loses shoes when he transforms because of big ass feet
>decides not to wear shoes because of it
Of course, it's probably not that simple.
>>
>>320403225
this poster by the way, is easily the best fucking poster to come out of smash. fucking insane looking. if nintendo doesn't offer it up soon I'll have to find it online someplace cause I need this shit.
>>
>>320403257
>The trailer was lacking.
this desu

the voice acting was also pretty bad
>>
>>320403327
i considered that, but the guy is wearing like full plate mail that transforms with him, so like, come on, it's just a weird fuckin thing
>>
>>320402584
What is a flow charter?
>>
>>320402584
>at least right under characters like Shiek and ZSS
This is why I'm mad, in February Smash's top tier will look like the cast of fucking Skullgirls.
Fuck you Sakurai and your Charlie's Angels bullshit.
>>
>>320402584
IS Super Smash better for the 3ds or the Wii U, is it worth getting both?
>>
>>320403447
>voice acting
I dunno, I didnt mind the voices, I just hated the dialogue

"BIG BROTHER"
"HES MY BIG BROTHER"
"BIG BROTHER IS BIG SISTER"
wow, can I cringe any harder?

Just say CORRIN or something, you don't need to go directly translate "ONII CHAN" or something
>>
>>320403589
What did the japanese version even say for their lines? i dont speak moon but im curious. aside from onii-chan obv
>>
>>320403225
Why is Little Mac on the dark side?
>>
>>320402584
I wish they gave cloud an outfit similar to shulks where he's just in his underwear.
>>
>>320403579
personally 3DS for the stages and modes, but wii u does look better. but I've ended up having more fun on 3DS simply for the insanely better classic mode
>>
>>320403491
I don't think the character is wearing plate, a textile fabric more like.
>>320403589
>you don't need to go directly translate "ONII CHAN" or something
But then you would have people complaining that they translation isn't correct
>>
>Cloud
I was hyped for his announcement but somewhat disappointed when I played him.
He's just fast sword man + KO punch [finishing touch].
>Corrin
Probably the best and most interesting FE character, but the fact that they're FROM Fire Emblem is pretty annoying.
If Lucina was not added in the base game then I think there wouldn't be as much salt.
>Bayonetta
A dream come true.
Totally changes the mechanics of the game to fit her style, just like Bayonetta did to the character-action genre.
Hype meter is off the charts.
>>
>>320403720
Probably the same thing but in Japanese.
>>
>>320403830
Weird, i wouldn't think they'd go for a literal translation

fucking nips and their cringey dialogue
>>
>no melee HD

JUST
>>
>>320403824
>just like Bayonetta did to the character-action genre.

MY SIDES
>>
I want art of Bayonetta raping that bitch Rosalina and cause her to moan a lot while helpless Rosalina tries unsuccessfully to escape.
>>
>>320403579
Depends. For multiplayer, Wii U is definitely better. 3DS has better single-player modes and is portable, which can be a huge advantage. Only get both if you absolutely love the fuck out of Smash or else you're going to end up never playing one of them.
>>
>>320403731
Mac fights for fame.
>>
>>320403824
>Totally changes the mechanics of the game to fit her style, just like Bayonetta did to the character-action genre

Bayonettafags are so fucking delusional.
>>
>>320403824
>>320403824
>the fact that they're FROM Fire Emblem is pretty annoying
This is literally the only reason people are upset, irrational rage at something stupid.

Why can't you people look at a character for their moveset rather than whining like little bitches that your precious favorite series didnt get a character in?
>>
>>320403579
I like the 3DS stages more, but tournaments will use the Wii U version. If you already have a Wii U, you may as well get the Wii U version.
>>
File: 123464.jpg (13 KB, 200x465) Image search: [Google]
123464.jpg
13 KB, 200x465
>>320404089
I was thinking it might be because pic related
>>
>>320404089
>>320403731
Honourable men fight on the street not the ring
>>
>Cloud
Could care less honestly. He seems a bit technical at least so I may buy him eventually.
>Corn
More anime swords with counters. Don't care much, but at least he seems pretty different. Would be less annoyed if Lucy and Roy weren't in
>Bayo
Finally character action combos in a game samurai has been saying is a character action game. Watching the blowout in chat was outstanding and seeing everyone claim she's op is laughable considering nearly every character has some sort of counter now.
>>
>>320404006
If you don't think Bayo2 is objectively the best hack-n-slash out there with the best mechanics and tightest controls then I don't know what to tell you.
This comes from someone who's played DMC, DW, GoW, NG and many other Hack-n-Slash titles.
>>
>>320404141
>Why can't you people look at a character for their moveset rather than whining like little bitches that your precious favorite series didnt get a character in?

Because smash is a celebration of nintendo franchises and not really about the fighting game itself really? Its about link vs mario, samus vs kirby etc, not fucking forgettable blue/white haired anime swordsman vs forgettable blue/white haired anime swordsman.
>>
>>320404089
What does Ryu even fight for? Seems like he just fights for the sake of fighting. So he just loves violence? Isn't that worse than fighting for fame?
>>
File: 1359687527916.jpg (112 KB, 420x490) Image search: [Google]
1359687527916.jpg
112 KB, 420x490
>People mad about too many fire emblem reps
>these same people are probably the ones who were begging for roy to come back just because "MUH BOY" "MUH MELEE"
>>
>>320404396
No its not you retard, smash has literally been nothing but an advertisement game from the beginning.

Being so retarded as to say its not about the gameplay its about "my favorite characters" is just asinine
>>
>>320404441
Ryu fights for the answer.
>>
>>320403067
To make it easier for the feet to turn into hooves when he/she animorphs
>>
They should have included pig ganon as advertisement for hyrule warriors legends desu
>>
File: bayonetta-2-201361116416_3.jpg (104 KB, 1920x1088) Image search: [Google]
bayonetta-2-201361116416_3.jpg
104 KB, 1920x1088
>>320402584
I voted Bayo

I've never been so happy~
>>
>>320404462
Nice baseless assumption.
>>
>>320404462
People who like melee doesnt care about tr4sh, so i guess you're wrong. It was just a pathetic attempt for sakurai to try and apologize for ruining smash forever i guess by trying to make people nostalgia about a good game.
>>
File: 1449201965547.png (247 KB, 490x470) Image search: [Google]
1449201965547.png
247 KB, 490x470
>>320402772

I don't get why people get hung up on this. You can play as a dog+bird and summon gun toting pixel people and eat giant tomatoes and use pokeballs and shit.
>>
>>320404667
Zelda will sell on principle of being Zelda.

Fire Emblem NEEDS shameless Smash representation to stay alive.
>>
>>320403792
Yeah, but the it just becomes the problem of going "Yeah, they kept the translation direct, but do people ACTUALLY speak like this?"
>>
File: 1379233229071.jpg (56 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1379233229071.jpg
56 KB, 500x500
>>320404762
>>320404739
>baseless assumptions
>apparently all the "muh boy" begging and shitposting that happened for months never existed

end yourself
>>
>>320404905
>everyone I don't like is the same person
>>
>>320404679
>>320404025
This is exactly why I didn't want this indecent whore in Smash. Fucking waifufags.
>>
>>320404905
But that never happened, kill yourself dumb anime poster.
>>
>>320404961
Did i say you were the same person? Are you really that fucking dense?
>>
>>320404775
I hate footfags.
>>
>>320405016
>I like roy so that never happened!
>>
>>320404969
That chastity belt must be comfy
>>
>>320403189
This, I'm so glad I'm not afflicted with autism.
>>
>>320405090
Maybe you should try not having autism
>>
>>320403731

>Why is Charizard on the dark side?
>Why is Rob on the dark side?
>Why is villager on the dark side?
>Why is Lucina on the dark side?
>Why is Game and Watch on the dark side?

It's just about colors anon, not good vs evil
>>
>>320405018
That is literally what you stated here >>320404462. I know that was 10 minutes ago, but please try and remember what you posted when attempting a discussion.
>>
>>320405234
>Why is Game and Watch on the dark side?
Cause his black
>>
>>320403760

or the girl outfit from the game
>>
>>320405234
>Rob
>Game and Watch
Subspace Emissary
>Villager
Evil Villager meme.
>>
>>320405234
>Why is Charizard on the dark side?
He left red to fight alone
>Why is Lucina on the dark side?
She's Marth's shadow
>>
I just can't wait till my mind gets out of that "incubation" period I get when I play a new character.

Bayo looks like day 1 nerf for real
>>
File: 199530-bknutsnbolts_20.jpg (115 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
199530-bknutsnbolts_20.jpg
115 KB, 800x450
Why isn't Nintendo's relationship with Rare better, especially since they use to be one of their best second-party developers?
Is it because they aren't also chink-eyed, dog-eating, rice-grained peni, mystically oriental gooks like Square, Namco, and Capcom?
>>
>>320403225
Peach x G&W is the best part of this image.
>>
>>320404969
Sucks that Krystal and Shantae didn't get in, huh?
>>
>>320405684
>used to
Here's your keyword
>>
>>320405684
>why isn't Nintendo's relationship with the company that said FUCK YOU and ran off to be shit on by M$ better

GEE I FUCKING WONDER
>>
>>320405736
Nah, that would be Ryu and Little Mac

Peach and G&W in a close second
>>
>>320402584
I don't mind Fire Emblem, but it's over saturating the roster a bit. That's not necessarily a problem, but it does detract a little bit from the variety of the selection- on top of that, a lot of people aren't familiar with the FE series (at least I don't think, so take that with salt) so Corin was probably a "who's that" for a lot of people. That, and his game isn't even out in the west.

Though the same could have been said for Marth, and he emerged as a fan favorite so who knows.

Bayonetta was a fantastic choice, I thought Kayima's previous statements on her inclusion in smash would have sealed the deal. Regardless I hope her inclusion is foreshadowing more Bayonetta games.

Cloud is cloud. Can't say too much about him. He's a fan favorite and he looks like he plays great.

All in all Smash seems like it could benefit from more 3rd party inclusions.
>>
Where did the idea that shovel knight and shantae and banjo were gonna be in the game even come from? Why would some western indie game suddenly be in smash?
>>
>>320405684

It's because rare was all pissy and broke away from Nintendo because Nintendo didn't want them making edgy games anymore. They then lost all of their good developers after getting brought out by MS, who insisted on extra edginess.

Look at Retro. An American company who consistently delivers work on par to what Rare produced during their heyday.
>>
>>320403731
>>320405234
It's just because there is a lack of villains in Smash.
>>
>>320405684
>Implying Nintendo has good relationships with Square, Namco and Capcom
Ok maybe they do with Capcom, but the other two? HA
>>320405861
That's not how I heard it happened
>>
>>320405183
Its not, but it keeps my priorities straight. I use vidya for male power fantasies, not fap material.
>>
I like Cloud so far, but I just don't like his throws. I dunno, they just feel unsatisfying to use, but a character is highly limited if you don't use their grabs. He seems really good, and more feasible then Mac, but other characters still have better options then him. But the limit break system feels like it gives enough of a edge to make up for his short comings, especially finishing touch. Basically if you face a Cloud, and have a long difficult fight ending with you losing the first stock, and he gets limit break up, if you can't kill him before you reach 60% on your first stock, expect finishing touch to beat you.

Corrin seems cool, but it just feels like he is overshadowed by nearly ALL of the other DLC characters.
Ask anybody which they would want to play as, Megaman, Pacman, Sonic, Ryu, Cloud, or Bayonetta, or Corrin and people will most likely not choose Corrin.

Bayonetta is just unbelievable. She looks broken, but what if that "slow start to combos" applies to ALL of her combos? Wouldn't that suck really badly?

>Bayonetta needs a warlock punch to land before she can start to actually fight.

I have a feeling that she is a all or nothing character like Little Mac. Just like every scrub Mac fight starts with his suicide off the stage from side b, every scrub Bayo fight will start with them trying to start a combo only to get interrupted everytime. She will start running around the stage cowardly in the hopes of actually starting a combo, only to get first hit shielded and her punished everytime.
>>
>Interviewer: In Smash for 3DS/ Wii U, there are far more Fire Emblem characters on the roster than in previous games. How did you go about the selection process for these characters?

>Sakurai: It really depends on the situation. For example, Roy and Robin were included for completely different reasons. It also depends on luck, of course. Industry trends around the time when development begins is a pretty big factor. I started development on Smash for 3DS/ Wii U right after I’d wrapped up Kid Icarus: Uprising, and Fire Emblem Awakening was released one month after Uprising. So what’s popular around the time when I begin designing the game is important. Characters are almost never added after I’ve completed the project plan for Smash.

>Interviewer: So once that project plan is set into motion, everything is already fixed.

>Sakurai: If I had to offer up one exception from this time, it would be for Pokémon. We knew there was going to be a new release soon, so we left one spot open for a new Pokémon, and everything else continued according to plan. Adding or removing during the process directly impacts production costs and people’s workloads, so it’s not that easy to add or change things, and we take that into account.

>Interviewer: That’s a separate topic from post-release add-on content (DLC), though.

>Sakurai: We don’t think about adding in post-release content from the beginning. We want to provide as much as we can with the base game.

>Interviewer: But that means Awakening’s release schedule was pretty fortuitous.

>Sakurai: Yes, that was the case. For example, if Awakening was released six months later, Robin may not have made it in, and if it was six months early, they might not have even been considered.
>>
File: 1367097515795.jpg (86 KB, 709x558) Image search: [Google]
1367097515795.jpg
86 KB, 709x558
>Motherfucking Cloud, the character everyone and their mother wanted since the original Smash bros.
>rad character that can turn himself and his limbs into a dragon (also female version)
>Bayonetta, pure sex, combos, doujin inspiration, one of the actual perfect games for WiiU

I don't get why people are mad about these characters
>>
>>320406108
You know nothing.
>>
>>320405992
>shovelknight
tumblr
>shantae
tumblr
>banjo
because of Phil Spencers tweets and Minecraft coming to Wii U and because Rare Replay might come to the Wii U
>>
>>320402584

I'm fine with Corrin because he's not a clone, but that spot should have been used for either a new DK rep or a new Zelda rep.

Bayonetta is great. Cloud is cool, but I feel like he shouldn't really be in the game. Something like a simple black mage would have been better.
>>
>>320406119
We have no problems with you being homosexual, so stop getting uptight about straight people
>>
>>320406192
>shantae
>tumblr
>when the creators went out of their way to BTFO tumblr-rites
>>
>>320406192
>because Rare Replay might come to the Wii U
What
>>
File: tmp_6145-1450280664668758125078.jpg (105 KB, 933x573) Image search: [Google]
tmp_6145-1450280664668758125078.jpg
105 KB, 933x573
>>
>>320405736
>>320405939
>best part of the image
>not Palutena's ass
>>
>>320406592
You know I voted for Shantae, but seeing how Bayo moves, I'm glad she got in over the genie
>>
>>320406176
Because their bland meme characters didn't get in instead
>>
>>320406146
b-b-b-but muh sales muh favorite game deserves more reps muh slots
>>
>>320406146
This explains why there are so many inaccuracies with his depictions if he doesn't look at past works for influence and gets it all muddle in the 'now'
>>
File: Kirby is going to eat that.jpg (365 KB, 500x2600) Image search: [Google]
Kirby is going to eat that.jpg
365 KB, 500x2600
>Slowly we will get fanart of Bayonetta molesting the entire Smash cast
>>
File: 23123.jpg (27 KB, 457x147) Image search: [Google]
23123.jpg
27 KB, 457x147
>>320406753
>Palutena
You mean Bayonetta
>>
>>320406847
m-m-m-muh indies
>>
>>320406367
Thats the thing, I find Bayonetta very attractive; this is a problem. I find it very difficult playing vidya with an erection. Actually learned this playing Shermie in KoF
>>
>>320402989
He breathes through his feet.
>>
>>320406967
>molesting kirby
>implying they arent the one molesting bayonetta
>>
>>320406592
I've been so fucked up by this site my immediate thought was that it was a loss edit.
>>
>>320407243
i dont know why but i just imagine kirby with her whole tit in his mouth. or ass cheek
>>
>Bayonetta is apparently in the same league as Megaman, Pac-Man, Sonic, Cloud, and Ryu

She looks fun, but it's still bullshit. Third parties should have been reserved for gaming icons only. Not a character who's only had 2 games and barely been around half a decade. May as well just throw Neptune and Nathan Drake in with these standards.
>>
>>320406472
wiiudaily.com/2015/12/rare-replay-wii-u/
>>
File: 1447867028632.png (74 KB, 382x408) Image search: [Google]
1447867028632.png
74 KB, 382x408
I think Corrin fits and if there is another new smash they'd probably stay and then drop Robin and maybe Lucina. With Zelda it's always Link/Zelda/Dorf no matter what and it will never get more iconic than that and there's no need for retarded side characters. But with FE I'm pretty sure Fates is the best selling FE of all time, so Corrin having a spot makes sense and represents the series better than anything else. Lucina was almost the face for FE since she was super popular for a while but then fates came and beat out Awakening. I'm retarded and can't word this properly but does anybody else feel me?
>>
>>320407137
NO PLACE FOR HIDEO
>>
File: f1b96385778eecb7c885a3fbba440e8d.jpg (638 KB, 1280x1536) Image search: [Google]
f1b96385778eecb7c885a3fbba440e8d.jpg
638 KB, 1280x1536
>>320407243
Molesting everyone expect for Kirby is what I should have said.
>>
>>320407453
I think Nintendo was willing to make an exception for the fans, and because of the fact they paid for Bayonetta 2's development.
>>
>>320407453
This, the only thing seperating Bayonetta from indieshit like SK is Platinum's reputation.
At least SK sold well.
>>
>>320407480
>buying Rare Replay on Xbone gives you Rash in KI
What would buying it on Wii U give you?
>>
>>320407137
Eh I can buy it, seems more reasonable then when Metal Gear did it.
>>
>>320407610

those fucking legs
>>
FemCorrin bros ww@?
>>
>>320407610
jesus fucking christ that bottom right kirby
>>
File: 4e6.jpg (63 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
4e6.jpg
63 KB, 600x800
>>320407659
>>320407648
>>320407453
It's only because nintendo shilling bayonetta

This was planned from the beginning, the ballot was just a fake hype lie.
>>
>>320407610
>Bayonetta having the same relationship with Kirby as Cereza
That'd be kinda cute.
>>
>>320407664
Donkey Kong Country trilogy, and Diddy Kong Racing most likely
>>
File: tmp_6145-Okay-305947217.jpg (49 KB, 500x276) Image search: [Google]
tmp_6145-Okay-305947217.jpg
49 KB, 500x276
>>320407842
>>
>>320407763
>>320407780
You think that's bad? Someone has already made porn with that Kirby, and no said porn picture is not behind the spoiler.
>>
>>320407137
So does that mean he can drown from walking in a puddle?
>>
I was already satisfied with Cloud

I don't mind Corrin, the gameplay of being half dragon looks awesome

Bayonetta made my fucking day, fucking fantastic, even though I wanted Wonder Red this is an awesome alternative
>>
>>320407764
yee bitch
>>
File: 1441797553110.jpg (64 KB, 508x306) Image search: [Google]
1441797553110.jpg
64 KB, 508x306
Cloud is cool, I guess. I'm not a FF fan so it means nothing to me, though.
Korrin is okay, probably my favourite. I'm currently playing Awakening and I might get Fates. Its ridiculous how FE is getting ANOTHER character, though.
I don't care for Bayonetta at all. I was incredibly let down when she was revealed for the last character. I was expecting someone huge, not well, her.
>>
BAYONETTA IS IN FUCKING SMASH BROS

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>320408045

He's a water dragon
>>
File: 1390021101267s.jpg (4 KB, 250x227) Image search: [Google]
1390021101267s.jpg
4 KB, 250x227
>>320408057
>>
>tfw starting a Corrin folder
>>
>>320408113
You're a fucking faggot, fuck you.
>>
I wonder how corrin's pin is going to work, like a grab where they can break out? Or can you like indefinitely just hold someone down?
>>
>>320402953
kek
>>
>>
>>320403491
What if he's actually covered in dragon scales so he's technically completely naked
>>
Bayonetta looks like a worse Zero Suit Samus to fight.

Fucking kill me.
>>
>>320403170
>muh consolewars

fuck off
>>
>>320408462
how? She looks fucking rad with all the combos
>>
The only thing I'm not feeling about Bayo is the Witch Time mechanic. It's essentially two moves in one; it relies on timing so it's either a time stop counter or a dodge.

Seems tough to get used to, but I'll get good
>>
>>
>>320408639
Yes which is one for the one doing the combos, less fun for the receiving end.
>>
>>320408274
>Corrin players could time out other players by just pinning them.
Would make For Glory mode even more hilarious.
>>
>>320408462
Bayonetta pretty much looks like ZSS+sheik combined into one

inb4 she replaces sheik as top tier
>>
>>320408639
Exactly. ZSS has that combo that kills you off the blast zone. Bayonetta looks like she has endless combos that can do that.
>>
I'm really glad Bayonetta got in, her combos look really
>>
File: 9cfa8ea0c0608507e94dd7723d58a202.jpg (212 KB, 1400x2000) Image search: [Google]
9cfa8ea0c0608507e94dd7723d58a202.jpg
212 KB, 1400x2000
>>
>>320408659
>or a dodge
Not really, because when you fail the witch time then you will still take damage from the attack but you wont suffer the knockback.
>>
>>320408696
>doubles with a friend both as corn
>>
>>320408639
>>320408687

>implying a 1/10 of those will work on real people
>>
>>320408753
>ZSS vs Sheik GF becomes Bayonetta mirrors GF
I'd be OK with this
>>
>>320408842
>Teammate gets luck to pin both opponents
>Other teammate can taunt the shit up
>>
>>320408828
Ah I see.

Also,
>tfw Alex Ahad predicted this
>>
File: 70d23b5b32aabbc5e34514270bdaa7bc.jpg (875 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
70d23b5b32aabbc5e34514270bdaa7bc.jpg
875 KB, 1000x1000
>>
>>320407764
I'm here.
>>
I know people are saying the inclusion of Bayonetta is BTFO of SJW's, but all I see is Tumblr fucking celebrating and cheering at her inclusion.
>>
>>320409105
You should know logic isn't the SJWs strongest trait, anon.
>>
>>320402584
Cloud is actually a lot of fun. I had no interest in him, but he is definitely a blast to play.
I don't care about Corrin. I was actively annoyed when he got revealed. Yeah he looks unique, but even as a Fire Emblem fan I'm tired of all the reps it has gotten.
Bayonetta getting in is fucking excellent. February can't come soon enough. Also that Jeanne outfit/color scheme is just great.
>>
File: 54064596_p0.jpg (161 KB, 600x665) Image search: [Google]
54064596_p0.jpg
161 KB, 600x665
>>
>>320409105
>>320409202

To be fair, Bayonetta is a character that isn't a passive sex object/'Oh I dress scantily because of X weird fantasy reason for fapbait'. Bayo is all about expressing and empowering Femininity, a mature woman who flaunts what she has, and even incorporates it into her fighting in some way.

Which, for the female SJW's and Tumblr, is a godsend. They fucking love sexy, empowering and mature women who are confident in what they have.
>>
>>320405736
I'm partial to Villager fixing to cut Bayo's ass off.
>>
File: The Only Tier List That Matters.png (223 KB, 985x716) Image search: [Google]
The Only Tier List That Matters.png
223 KB, 985x716
Where will Bayo and Corrin fall on the Tier List?
>>
>>320405684
>>320405854
>>320405861
>>320405992

Banjo and K.Rool should have been in Smash since Melee. But nooooo, "dey made bai westanah".
>>
>>320409787
E
Why are femVillager and Peach so low?
>>
File: tumblybayo.jpg (47 KB, 566x659) Image search: [Google]
tumblybayo.jpg
47 KB, 566x659
>>320409202
Tumblr loves Bayonetta
>>
>>320402584
>>How are you liking Cloud?
Dunno havent played him yet

>>What did you think of Corrin; will he be better than the other FE characters?
Bemused laughter at the initial reveal, moveset looks neat though

>>What about Bayonetta?
Pure bliss since I voted for her. She looks like everything I've wanted and more. I knew she would get a Witch Time counter but I expected lame shit like Shulk's just slowing down the area and attacking back. What we got was so much fucking cooler and I love it. February cant come soon enough.
>>
>>320410003
Dump my gf for her.
>>
>>320409787
>Peach being that low ever
>>
File: 1442786159021.jpg (90 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1442786159021.jpg
90 KB, 720x960
>mfw I voted for Travis Touchdown
oh well there is always next time.
>>
File: Concerned Doctor.jpg (26 KB, 272x229) Image search: [Google]
Concerned Doctor.jpg
26 KB, 272x229
>>320409984
>>320410176
>All she does is cook and get kidnapped
>Probably into some weird shit with Bowser
>>
>>
>>320410003
Polygons review of Bayo 2 was so incredibly retarded, even Neofag had to concede it's bullshit
Things sort of turned around after that I guess
>>
File: 1447302170535.png (89 KB, 399x382) Image search: [Google]
1447302170535.png
89 KB, 399x382
>>320402584
>destroying people online on cloud mirrors
>switch to my main (zss)
>get destroyed by clouds i just comfortably beat

I dont understand.
>>
>>320410708
What, did Polygon try smashing Bayonetta for being too sexy or what?
>>
>>320410774
It happened to me too, fellow ZSSer. I think her playstyle are so vastly different you'd have to stop and adjust yourself before you swtich
>>
File: lXzLHB4[1].png (235 KB, 1138x716) Image search: [Google]
lXzLHB4[1].png
235 KB, 1138x716
>>320410846
>>
>>320410846
Yes actually
>>
File: 1435632175637.jpg (403 KB, 905x500) Image search: [Google]
1435632175637.jpg
403 KB, 905x500
Who is the best Marth, /v/?
>>
Cloud is pretty good. I love the Midgar stage. Limit Break is interesting, and landing a Limit Broken down special for the KO is hype as fuck.
While I question having 5 FE reps,Corrin looks fun. Good moveset, interesting abilities.
Bayo looks insanely fun. I can tell she's gonna be the new Diddy. Her combo ability seems absurd. I'm in love with how they got her down to the fucking mark. She's exactly like she is in game. Witch Time is gonna be OP as fuck. Her stage looks pretty cool too. Also the music for her stage is goat. Afterburner Infinity Climax for life.
>>
>>320411201
Gorilla, though honestly I haven't played his game yet.
>>
The hilarious part is ridley fags that were adamant that he was gonna be in the game are officially blown out.
>>
File: link.jpg (310 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
link.jpg
310 KB, 1500x1500
>>320411201
I like Green Marth. But his clone Cartoon Marth can fuck right off.
>>
>>320411201
Still missing elf marth and dragon marth m8
>>
>>320411274
And they'll come right fucking back for the next installment.
>>
>>320411201
>Edgy Marth?
>Not Dark Marth
>>
>>320410846
Yep. Too 'problematic' for them.
>>
Why does Corrin turn into Arceus
>>
Did they fix the damn tournament mode?
>>
File: 1379694580778.gif (2 MB, 560x314) Image search: [Google]
1379694580778.gif
2 MB, 560x314
>>320410184
>mfw I voted for Travis and Bayonetta
>>
File: 1417051633036.jpg (163 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1417051633036.jpg
163 KB, 1920x1080
Didn't vote for Bayo and I honestly didn't think she would get in because of how lewd she is, but I'm not mad. I already got Little Mac, Mewtwo, and Ryu. Isaac was on my Hopes and Dreams list anyway. At least it wasn't shit ass K. Rool. That would really steamed my carrots. Really excited to play Corrin and Bayo.
>>
Midgar is fucking rad, me and my buddy are huge tourneyfags but we just played on it for two hours straight

I just don't like stages that scroll and explode and flip upside down and all that shit. Midgar adds a nice degree of chaos without being retarded. I wish more stages were like it
>>
>>320402584
>Cloud
I'm having a lot of fun. Sonic Blade is a pretty neat spacing tool and his f.smash is really fucking deceptive. He moves really fast as well.

>Corrin
Another fucking Fire Emblem rep but at least he's unique. That transforming shit and the fact that he can weaponize his body is really cool. Like a pseudo spear user that can turn into a dragon.
I didn't expect him or want him, but I fine with the fact that he's in. Fates was a lot of fun to play.
Animorphs/10, can't wait.

>Bayonetta
Haven't played any of her games, but I know of them and she looks CUHRAYZEE as fuck.
>>
>>320411878
Same. It and SMM are actually good gimmick/hazard stages.
>>
>>320408998
Why is one boob so ridiculously massive?
>>
>>320412128
Dragon cancer.
>>
>>320407516
I don't feel you, bro.

>Zelda should only be allowed to have its 3 most iconic chracters
>Fire Emblem does not need to apply to this logic and can throw in whoever

It's bullshit.
>>
File: 94ce92fb66bf56763d1a2b28ca4be385.jpg (130 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
94ce92fb66bf56763d1a2b28ca4be385.jpg
130 KB, 1024x1024
>>320412128
I think the artist fucked up the perspective/size of the armor.
>>
File: sakurai.jpg (244 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
sakurai.jpg
244 KB, 960x720
Based sakurai
>>
>>320407610
>that top panel
oh god he lowered her guard and ate her
>>
File: Volga_Lance.png (567 KB, 779x740) Image search: [Google]
Volga_Lance.png
567 KB, 779x740
Cloud is fun, and his Stage is neat, the Summons make it interesting but aren't overbearing like Yellow Devil and Ridley.

I like Corrin because I like Dragon People, but if that's all I wanted I wish it was Volga. He could pretty much have the exact same moveset and not piss so many peope off.

Couldn't be more hype for Bayo. I settled for voting for Wonder Red because I thought Bayo was 2lewd, but it seems Kamiya was willing to tone it down.
>>
>>320405736
>not shulk and R.O.B
>>
>>320402584
The Bayonetta shadow thing it's a pretty cool detail to be desu.
>>
File: 1406260956855.png (490 KB, 800x1020) Image search: [Google]
1406260956855.png
490 KB, 800x1020
>>320412392
Well, at least Simon isn't in that truck.

Although I'd prefer it if he was there instead of being locked in Konami's gangrenous dungeon together with Snake.
>>
>>320403731
Because nobody uses him except for shitters who can't beat normal characters
>>
>>320412314
I feel like if you want some kind of zelda fanservice you have hyrule warriors, and for mario you have mario kart, tennis etc. I don't think sales of a series should mean it deserves more spots in smash. I do feel that the amount of FE characters is a bit much, but toy and lucina where easy clones to make that didn't require much effort and were popular. Sakurai says that what is popular when he makes smash is a big factor for who he puts in and it just so happens that every time a smash game has been developed a new FE is being released, and he's a huge FE fan. I don't think he should put in a new star fox character because it has x amount of sales like "star fox reached the arbitrary sales number to deserve another rep in smash lets make slippy"
>>
>>320403731
Because Balrog is from the bronx, just like Mac.
>>
>>320407610
>Gondola bayokirby
>>
>>
>>320402584
>I'm thinking she'll be on par or at least right under characters like Shiek and ZSS once you've master her
Shoot. Based on what her play looks like (as well as how much I like the actual character for her personality and cool design), I thought she'd be my third main.
My first two were Zero Suit Samus and Rosalina & Luma because I thought they were FUN (again, also liked the characters). I don't want to go through more headbutting because of tiers.
On an unrelated note, why can't I like female characters like the faggot I am? I just like the designs of girls and in this game particular I think a lot of the female characters are fun and even funny to use, and this isn't helping anything.

/blog
>>
>>320403170
>but the game won't let me

What on earth are you talking about?
>>
>>320408774
a)great
b)rad
c)cool
d)all above
>>
>Kirby copying Bayonetta has fabulous hair

Awesome
>>
>>320411201
>not darkspine marth
>>
File: rodin[1].jpg (17 KB, 250x300) Image search: [Google]
rodin[1].jpg
17 KB, 250x300
>>320408774
>>320413662
nope
BEAUTIFUL
>>
Kinda cool but needs a few buffs IMO. Make his dtilt easier to combo out of and give incentive to use regular cross slash and he's good to me.
Incredibly salty that they cencored femCorrin's thighs despite having someone as overtly sexual as Bayonetta. I don't care if that's how she'll look in the localization, they'd better put that shit right. Seems cool other than that.
>What about Bayonetta?
Hype as fuck and i haven't even played bayonetta. Almost looks too complex in comparison to the rest of the cast, but still.
>>
>>320403589
Aside from the "big brother is big sister" bit I assume they just used the same lines that will be used during that scene in Fates. Since you can name your character they can't just say Corrin.
>>
>>320406592
top kek
>>
>>320413681
He looks like Kojima
>>
>>320405758
It does
>>
File: dddamage.png (313 KB, 777x228) Image search: [Google]
dddamage.png
313 KB, 777x228
>>320406972
They knew what they were doing.
>>
File: 250px-Ness_SSB4.png (50 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
250px-Ness_SSB4.png
50 KB, 250x250
>>320411201
I prefer Mario Jr.
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 500x372) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 500x372
I love the whole concept of the matter though, here are some of my thoughts:
>character polls are opened
>"we get to choose who makes it into smash!
>several sources report there being no limit as to who could end up in smash
>trailers come out
>"HERES BAYONETTA REPPING BAYO 2, ANOTHER FE REP FOR A GAME THAT HASNT EVEN BEEN RELEASED, AND CLOUD, SQUARE ENIX DEFINITELY DIDNT PAY US TO PUT HIM HERE TO ADVERTISE THE FF7 REMAKE!
>"but what about the characters we voted for?"
>MUTHAFUCKIN MII OUTFITS BIIIIIIITCH

I'm not too butthurt, mainly because I just won't pay for any of this shit, but there were definitely some strings pulled here.
>>
>>320415037
Bayo won the poll though...
>>
>>320415037
I think the main reason why Bayonetta is in Sm4sh is because Platinum Games is developing StarFox Zero
>>
>>320415037
>iphone shitter
>unfunny and analpained
Sounds about right
>>
File: 926.png (70 KB, 173x290) Image search: [Google]
926.png
70 KB, 173x290
Cloud looks pretty fun. Corrin looks much better than the first four FE characters and may be better than Roy. Bayonetta looks like she has the potential to be better than Sheik but maybe not who knows
>>
Bayonetta looks like she's not gonna be KOing until 250% without reads or a counter. I hope this keeps her in mid-tier, but Sheik has a similar problem and is still top-tier and Bayonetta looks like she has more options too
>>
>>320415037
>several sources report there being no limit as to who could end up in smash
They said that they would CONSIDER any character in the polls. I'm sure they considered Spongebob and Goku more than not at all before throwing them in the trash.
And they never said that the character with the most votes is the one that gets in, they probably just wanted to do the poll to see what some good options would be that people want
>>
>>320415581
When used properly her witch time seems way better than a traditional counter. Did you see the part of the video where she poked someone off the ledge for a free meteor kill? With proper positioning that could be broken as shit
>>
>>320402953
This is the best edit so far.
>>
>>320403225
It's so refreshing to see one of these posters without Mario, Link or DK

definitely the best one
>>
>>320415459
Cloud is fun, but I can only control him properly on the Wii U.
>>
File: CLIMAX.jpg (308 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
CLIMAX.jpg
308 KB, 1920x1080
>>320406967
I just need my pit x bayonetta /ss/ doujins

while palutena sits back and shlicks
>>
>>320415345
shit you might be right
I have no doubts that Bayo and Cloud got in the top 10 but for these two to "win" lines up way too well with the current games in development. All 3 characters in the direct feel like I'm paying for ads.
>>
File: 1450295084805[1].jpg (94 KB, 1074x814) Image search: [Google]
1450295084805[1].jpg
94 KB, 1074x814
>>320402584
>What did you think of Corrin; will she be better than the other FE characters?
Censored Thighs/10
>>
>>320416667
I was thinking about starting a thread about it, but it'll probably give shitposters more to work with
>>
>>320416605
how about bayo sending palutena to hell and the demons fuck her to oblivion
>>
>>320402584
I'm enjoying Cloud, he's going to be my main, at least until Bayo lands and then he'll become my backup.

I was a little disappointed at first when Corrin was revealed. But he actually looks kinda fun.

I loved Bayonetta's inclusion. I didn't think it would happen, but it did and it's still sinking in here.
>>
>>320415862
To be fair in higher level play, Counters are almost never used.
>>
>>320403731
>>320404089
>>320404264
>>320405234
>>320406089
>>320413206
>>320413272
>he thinks the darksiders are the evil side
This is bayonetta, she fights the angels remember?
>>
File: 1450301694-the-queen-of-salt.gif (2 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
1450301694-the-queen-of-salt.gif
2 MB, 320x180
>>
File: Bayo in smash.png (834 KB, 1049x775) Image search: [Google]
Bayo in smash.png
834 KB, 1049x775
>>320408113
>>
>>320404679
Fuck you, and fuck all of Europe. I'm so fucking salty I would legit rather have Steve.
>>
>>320417947
>said by literally no one
>ever
>>
>>320417020
If anything it would be because the bare thighs would result in easy panty shots due to no skirt to darken to the blackest void. I dont like it either but Sakurai's already gone on record for his distaste of CERO's prudish ways so thats probably why.
>>
>>320418008
Oh well. Tight pants are still cute.
>>
File: Truth.png (24 KB, 636x234) Image search: [Google]
Truth.png
24 KB, 636x234
Fresh offa tumblr
>>
>How are you liking Cloud

Not very much. It just reminds me of how much better he felt in Dissidia. FF characters don't work that well on a 2D plane.

>Corrin

oh hey sakurai shilled yet another one of his personal franchises instead a character people want. And it's not even a character from a good FE game; just more post-awakening abominations.

>bayonetta

I am authentically looking forward to this and can't wait to have her as an addition.
>>
>>320418008
>Sakurai's already gone on record for his distaste of CERO's prudish ways so thats probably why.
source
>>
>>320402584
This is JUST the type of crap I was expecting, it's nothing but poor attempts at anime.

If videogames were all I had access to as a child in terms of japanese art I probably would become one of those crazy fanboys, but thankfully I had access to anime from very early on in my youth years that my mental balance is very stable.

Seriously, if you have watched Akira, you'd realize just how sophisticated anime is and it blows away anything videogames would have to offer.

A lot of people mention Ghost In The Shell, which has just enough of sexuality in the mix to draw in the western audience I suppose but I must say that Ghost In The Shell is not even in my top 10 anime, not even close, that's just how deep the world of anime is.

Some anime is so disturbingly mature like Fractale that I wish it would challenge the system and submit it as a Drama category in the Oscars just to bitchslap the snotty Academy.

It's not just the level of maturity and sophistication anime has, it's also quite original, entertaining, and visually fantastic. I would regard anime as the highest form of japanese art-form.

But hey, me preaching about anime won't do you any good, you gotta go out and see it for yourself just how much you are missing.

The recent one I would recommend to check out is Sword Art Online which is light and easy to get into anime for the first time yet appreciate it as much, but if you want the heavy stuff right off the line check out Guilty Crown in which the plot is so complex and twisted that you'll need extra oxygen pumped into your brain in order to comprehend everything, and if you want amazing visuals and a gripping drama that also has awesome mecha battles Aldnoah.Zero is the shit.

Seriously, if you know anime like I do, videogames look like they're something for little kids.
>>
>>320402584
I'm glad Pit had a lot of screentime in the Bayo trailer because I main him.
>>
File: muscleknight.jpg (365 KB, 1280x768) Image search: [Google]
muscleknight.jpg
365 KB, 1280x768
>>320418365
oh that poor ignorant fool
>>
File: banter gradation.jpg (14 KB, 275x184) Image search: [Google]
banter gradation.jpg
14 KB, 275x184
>>320417820
I`m saving this if you don't mind kind sir
>>
File: muh heart.gif (2 MB, 500x285) Image search: [Google]
muh heart.gif
2 MB, 500x285
>>320418365
>people jerk off the Bayonetta
>>
>>320418562
>>
File: CWVwokZUwAAYinP.png (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
CWVwokZUwAAYinP.png
1 B, 486x500
Remember when we first got Mewtwo and Lucas and we tought we would we would get nothing but veterans?
Look how quickly THAT escalated.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 85

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.