[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's a good Assassin's Creed to start with. I have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: assassins-creed-2010-3723.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
assassins-creed-2010-3723.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1200
What's a good Assassin's Creed to start with. I have a PS3 and never played any game from the series. Also, I don't care about playing them in chronological order.
>>
1, then 2. If you liked them enough, go to 4 and read a summary online of what you missed in between.
>>
Start with 3, that way you never end up disappointed.
>>
It's a series heavy on story, so if you want the most out of it, it'd be best to play them somewhat chronologically.

If you don't give any shit about the characters or story, then just play 4 for the fun pirating gameplay.
>>
You could start with 2, there's a decent recap of the first game's key plot points without the mind-numbing gameplay.
>>
>>319353442
Get Brotherhood. GOTY Edition.
>tfw you will never live in Renaissance Italy
>>
>I don't care about playing them in chronological order

Why do people fucking do this?
>>
1, 2, and Brotherhood for sure. Revelation if you can find it cheaply and enjoy the series for what it is. 3 is trash, but I'm not sure how it would fare with no prior expectations. Play 4, and Rogue.
>>
>>319354320
It's just a game, bruh.
Not like they have a decent story.
>>
>>319354320
because gameplay trumps story in every situation
>>
>>319353856
This

2 is also the best anyways
>>
File: 1383274106216.jpg (168 KB, 720x644) Image search: [Google]
1383274106216.jpg
168 KB, 720x644
>>319354350
Not OP, but I've played all of those except for 3 and Rogue.

How good is Rogue? Is it as good or better than 4?
>>
>people actually think Revelations was bad
Revelations was THE MOST FUN AC game in the series. The problem just was people got burnt out on the series/Ezio by then. But had Brotherhood never existed and Revelations came out right after, people would definitely definitely say it was the best one.

Revelations has the most fluid combat and fast climbing mechanics.
>>
>>319354794
I haven't played it yet either, but I always hear everyone rave about Rogue. They always recommend it, especially if you loved 4. Amazon had Rogue on sale for $10 the other day, so I made sure to snag it.
>>
>>319353442
Top 3 Ranking
>2
>Black Flag
>Brotherhood
>>
>>319354794
Rogue is slightly weaker than 4 in the storytelling department. The environment is great though, as long as you don't mind sailing through lots of narrow canals.
There's a whole lot of collectibles though and you may or may not be motivated to gather them.
>>
>Ezio costume is unlockable in an AC game
>It's his Brotherhood robes and not his AC2 ones

Why
>>
File: 1435102807448.jpg (15 KB, 350x282) Image search: [Google]
1435102807448.jpg
15 KB, 350x282
>>319353774
>>
>>319354819
Revelations WAS bad, hipster scum
>>
>>319353442
If you really want to play AC1 because of the setting or whatever, play it first.
Other than that, AC2 is a good start point and probably the best game available on PS3, Brotherhood then and Black Flags. Don't bother with the rest, AC:Revelations gets old quickly and AC3 is probably the worst game of the franchise.

Black Flags is different enough from AC2 and Brotherhood to be played first but you will get the modern storyline spoiled.
Alternatively you can play AC:Rogue, which is basically Black Flags, but not in the caraibs and with a disjointed hero from the rest of the series you play as a templar

Don't play Brotherhood before 2.
>>
>>319353442
1/2/ brotherhood are the only good ones
>>
>>319354819
I really can't get into it, I really don't the zipline, the bomb crafting and the tower defense
Also the "modern story" bits were terrible, I really don't give a fuck about desmond and his childhood
>>
>>319355885
...don't like the zipline...*
>>
>>319356071
Fixed ziplines are garbage.
Syndicate gives you ziplines you can place wherever so they actually become useful.
>>
It was undoubtedly the worst one until 3 came out. >bomb crafting sounded cooler than it was
>copy-pasted ziplines everywhere, cool I guess but unecessary
>boring/awful modern segent, and I'm one of the few who actually likes the modern shit
>forgettable story and setting all around
>bland/dark color
>the intro/E3 movie was better than the actual game
Fuck.
>>
>>319356205
What bugged me was how the city's different quarters weren't really distinguishable from each other. Outside of the market district I felt like I was running down the same alleyway 90% of the time.
>>
>stab that one blonde chick (it's been so long, i can't remember her name)
>think she'll be fine later
>she ded
anyone else?
>>
>>319356581
>explain the rationale for it in a DLC
>for the worst minigame in the worst title
>>
>>319353442
1, 2, and Brotherhood
There, you've played all the ones that matter
>>
>>319356581
Brotherhood was really where the writing went to shit
>>
>you will never sing shanties with your mates while sailing the high seas
why even live, brehs.

real talk though black flag is a lot of fun
>>
>>319354320
Why would you want to wast time in a clunky outdated piece of shit when there is a wiki for the story... God damn, I like lore but who has time to start a series. Between working full time, working out, and doing chores, most adults have a couple hours a day to invest during the week.
>>
>>319354320
people like OP are just braindeads.

Things like story or order is irrelevant to them.
>>
>>319354794
Rogue is fucking great. People who like Black Flag will love it because it plays similar buy better, people who hated black flag because of the story will love it because of the story. I didn't play it, but some monotone based youtuber did a playthrough that was decent if you want to see what it's about
>>
>>319353442
The franchise basically died after the Kenway saga ended. Just play 1,2, brotherhood, revelations (for the sake of finishing the story),3,4 and stop. AC is Ubisoft's main cash cow and they don't give a fuck about quality anymore.
>>
>>319354794
I enjoyed 4 but Rogue wasn't as engaging for me. It might be the settings, and it might also be because of the main character as well. The game play isn't really anything new so that contributed to my boredom, even though I did love Black Flag.
>>
Read up on the lore at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1aTrx-8ySM

Played Rogue, was fun, now playing Syndicate and loving it.

Will play the rest of the series after Syndicate for dat dere lore
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.