[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>give this character a pretty extensive backstory as far as
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: maxresdefault.jpg (56 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
56 KB, 1280x720
>give this character a pretty extensive backstory as far as Fallout characters go
>you actually go into his memories and learn a lot about his past even though to only need to learn about why he was with the institute
>other characters talk about him like he was this super cool badass
>only actual role in game is to murder your wife, get tracked by a dog and then murdered in a rather anti-climatic fight
>even has a part where he says a line, implying his personality is now in the brain of your robot pal, then the game does absolutely nothing with it at all, not even mentioning that occurrence ever again

Why Bethesda?
>>
File: 1374316908480.jpg (30 KB, 321x384) Image search: [Google]
1374316908480.jpg
30 KB, 321x384
>>318254415
I know, right? After going through his memories, it humanised him. When you come out of the machine and he speaks through Nick, I thought it was fucking sweet. So I kept Nick, only to find it never happened again.
>>
Some of the most wasted potential in a character I've ever seen

He was a generic bad guy with no build up or non-lethal solutions. Then they decided to afterwards make him an actual character only to pull that Nick shit that he for some reason never does again despite it being a really cool premise.
>>
>>318254415
Bethesda has brain dead chimps working there, that's why.
>>
File: 1401544916736.gif (3 MB, 200x250) Image search: [Google]
1401544916736.gif
3 MB, 200x250
>>318254415
>>318254960
>>318255162

>They didn't do the secret Nick questline
>>
Inb4 DLC
>Nicktorious: Revenge of Kellogg
>>
>>318254960
Man, Kellogg should have come out and taken over Nick, trying to kill Virgil if you bring Nick to find him, or like stabbed the player in the back (literally) or pulled out the fusion core and got into a fight with you if your were in power armor in the Glowing Sea.

One of the dialogue options after the single instance of Kellogg being in control is telling Nick he's a threat because of that, they should have made it happen.
>>
File: 1356134252795.jpg (43 KB, 257x262) Image search: [Google]
1356134252795.jpg
43 KB, 257x262
>>318255541
>rats you out to the Brotherhood if you're backing the institute
>vice versa
>have him go rogue and try to kill Shaun for letting him get killed instead of stopping the protagonist
So many options and they chose to do nothing. Didn't they work on this game for four or five years...?
>>
>>318255690
They were too busy writing 3 identical lines per conversation.
>>
Should make a DLC where Kellogs brain takes over, and you need to go into Nicks head with an avatar of him, solving old cases of the Real Valentine, with Human Nick looking for the rouge part of Kellogs mind. Makes no fucking sense logically, but i like the idea.

Give it like a cyberpunk neo-noir thing going on, with some surrealist elements thrown in since memories are pretty much a dreamscape if Kellogg's are anything to go by.
>>
probably the stupidest writing in the game

especially as you approach him and he's taunting you about how weak you are
what at all has he done to follow your level of strength?

you're slaughtering all of his guards and he still keeps saying that you aren't capable

where the hell is that coming from?

even if he's an augmented badass, apparently you're coming to slap his shit, and all he can to is be supervillain cockhead
>>
>BoS and RR have literally the same ending

nice
>>
>>318255690
You know that 'worked on for X amount of years' just means that had an intern or two fuck around with ideas before development really started right?
>>
>>318256168
There are only 4 cinematic files for the ending in this game.
>female_institute/female_other
>male_institute/male_other
>>
i was equally pissed about
>become an honorary detective
>there are two quests that dont extend beyond diamond city marketplace.
>absolutely no other quests.

nick is interesting because hes a tough as nails detective type, and yet the only exposition you get in that regard are two 3 minute quests and an uninteresting plot about some insignificant fat goul.
>>
>>318256221
They were literally doing nothing after Skyrim. Nothing. This is the only game they've released since. You can't tell me the entire devteam was sitting on their hands.
>>
>>318256027

He knew he was fucked, did you like not pay attention at all during his memories? He says he was just a loose end and this was the way the Institute was tying it up.
>>
File: 1437809199184 (1).png (486 KB, 1062x1062) Image search: [Google]
1437809199184 (1).png
486 KB, 1062x1062
FUCK YOU, KELLOG
>>
Don't be stupid, Bethesda is just going to monetize an extended ending dlc or some shit. And the Nick Kellog shit is going to be another dlc.

Come on.
>>
>>318255941
>rouge
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.