[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>went into fo4 hating railroad >after meeting a few synths
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 59
File: image.jpg (341 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
341 KB, 1920x1080
>went into fo4 hating railroad
>after meeting a few synths now see them as viable

BoS is imposing where they don't belong. Institute are scientists that use innocents as play things to further their goals when they don't have to.

Railroad just frees normal synths? After the institute gets blown to pieces, no more synth production anyways so no more kidnappings and the last batch of synths can live in peace.

Tell me why that isn't the best outcome? Only reason I don't want to blow up the institute is since your son put so much trust in you but he's kill anyways
>>
>>318237729

Anyone notice the railroad had more blacks than the other factions?
>>
>>318237729
Railroad are a bunch of short sighted edgelords. The Brotherhood are written to be irrationally ignorant and closed off to new opinions. The Institute make no fucking sense.

Every faction in the game is retarded in their own special way. This is just poor writing on Bethesda's part.
>>
>>318239615
what about the minutemen senpai
>>
>>318239428
there was only the 2 in mine, i think.
>>
File: image.jpg (113 KB, 554x785) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
113 KB, 554x785
Every faction in this game is dick taint
>>
>>318239694
Boring self insert faction. It's like choosing independent in FNV.
>>
>Railroad just frees normal synths?

they're liberal keks that make you their bitch. They care more about synths than regular people who are being made slaves to raiders and dying. Side with the Institute. All the options are pretty shit on purpose but I didn't mind the Institute end.

Spoiler why they're bad
They're the ones releasing synths from the Institute and thus when their memory gets wiped they sometimes go crazy
>>
>>318239989
after you blow up the institute, you get missions from them to kill raider gangs

it's extra stupid because apparently glory is supposed to die in some questline, but in my game she just walks around uninteractable, and desdemona goes "well now glory will finally get her wish after her death" right as glory walks behind her

pretty fucking awkward senpai
>>
>>318239615

How are they short sighted? After meeting curie, danse, nick, and glory, some are ok. Institute goes boom and synth production stops leaving above synths to live a normal life. Not like humans are better what with the massive raider and gunner population
>>
>>318239943
Fuck you I just want to settle the wasteland
>>
>>318240159
>uninteractable dead woman walking around in crypt
HAUNTING CONFIRMED
>>
>>318240252
Because they have no plans for after they win and their entire existence relies on the Institute existing. I liked all the synth friends I met too, but I still went with the brotherhood because they bring actual order
>>
>>318237729
>muh lines of code are people too
Ebin.

I enjoyed raiding their base and turning Desdemona into ash.
>>
>>318240252
People just don't like blatantly "goodguy" factions.

I can kind of see where they're coming from as it takes away from making difficult choices between which faction to join.

Perhaps if the railroad got ahold of the tech to make more synths and wanted to make more to expand and grow this new race it would have made them more flawed.
>>
>>318240604
But that's their end goal. The railroad doesn't want to rule or control the Commonwealth. They just want to help the synths. It makes sense theyed eventually end once the last synth is either integrated or killed.
>>
File: Kentfallout4.jpg (20 KB, 270x499) Image search: [Google]
Kentfallout4.jpg
20 KB, 270x499
Guys can we all just take a moment to acknowledge the nicest character in the game, Kent Conolly? He reminds me of the nice old wal-mart greeters.
I almost cried when he got captured.
>>
>>318240609
You mean DNA?
>>
File: 1443193390034.jpg (35 KB, 650x355) Image search: [Google]
1443193390034.jpg
35 KB, 650x355
>>318240961
>mfw i couldn't save him
>>
>>318241062
I literally had to rush Sinjin bc Charisma was too low
>>
>>318240892
It's just silly to me.

It reminds me of, once again, choosing an independent New Vegas. Obsidian does a great job of this, too. Sure, everyone's free but there's no order or rule of law and the world is more dangerous than ever.

The Brotherhood may not be the best people ever, but they aren't just going to up and disappear when the Institute is gone.
>>
>>318237729
>LETS SAVE THE SYNTHS BY HAVING THEIR MINDS ERASED

>BY ERASING THEIR MINNNDS

NOW KILL THE BROTHERHOOD AND THE INSTITUTE

MURDER EVERYONE

WE'RE THE GOOD GUYS REMEMBER?
>>
>>318241204
If you do the "Speak as Shroud" options then VATS on his head you can usually get it.

Alternatively, you can turn away from the conversation real quick to pop some Grape Mentats then save scum until it works.
>>
>>318241249
Most assuredly.

But that's why we got the minutemen.
Who are more "independent Vegas ending" than the railroad. Since its bland as fuck. But they're cool I guess. No blatant assholes.

Personally I stuck with railroad since traveling with Deacon was pretty fun.
>>
File: Poverty.jpg (697 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
Poverty.jpg
697 KB, 1920x1200
>>318239615

So in other words the BoS are the Republicans and the Railroad are the Democrats.

One is full of arrogance the other is full of social justice warriors.

The Institute is sort of like Google slowly but surely beginning to control society.
>>
>>318240961
Literally too good for this world.
>>
File: 080403d0145.jpg (305 KB, 534x800) Image search: [Google]
080403d0145.jpg
305 KB, 534x800
>>318239615
>Railroad
>Edgelords
>Not the BoS
>BoS Taxing free settlers without representation
>BoS unlawfully requisitioning free settlers land and crops
>Forceful acquisition of technology from EVERYONE, even simple settlers using electricity to light homes.

We have a fascist Brotherhood of Scum here everyone.
>>
>>318241791
I liked Deacon a lot and was real sad when the Brotherhood made me kill them all for no good reason.

Which comes back to the whole poor writing thing. Both factions wanted the Institute dead and just had a disagreement on the whole "are synths people" thing. There's no real reason why this couldn't have been worked out. The Brotherhood are just retardedly stubborn. The ridiculous speech check to convince Maxson that Danse isn't magically a psycho murder machine. The absolutely retarded check to convince Adams that Institute Mutie Man came up with a cure despite seeing the change with my own two fucking eyes.

And that's only what they let me fix, never mind the whole synths are inherently evil and definitely not humans despite being indistinguishable from them in every way.
>>
too bad railroad are bunch of sjws and tumblrites

shame about deacon tho
>>
>>318242202
u a tumblr
>>
File: 1447047242430.gif (75 KB, 130x130) Image search: [Google]
1447047242430.gif
75 KB, 130x130
railroad was a joke, danse cleared their HQ out by himself while I just sat around

them and the minutemen just are not on the same level as the BoS or the institute. How are SJWs and hobos gonna stand up to sperglords with robots and nazis with power armor and lasers?
>>
>>318241249

BoS isn't order. They come for their own benefit and fuck established settlements over for tech

Minutemen are settlers helping each other out. Railroad is to help synths out but they turn on raiders after. BoS is pure shit only looking after themselves while fucking outsiders over. I hope NCR finishes them off.
>>
>>318240961
Ghouls in general are pretty based in this game.

>Edward
>Kent
>Arlen
>>
I killed them all and took that nigger conspiracy theorists hat
>>
File: Fallout4 2015-11-28 21-42-20-59.jpg (282 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4 2015-11-28 21-42-20-59.jpg
282 KB, 1920x1080
The Railroad are the epitome of "we will fuck the world if it can make us feel good"
Only an absolute retard would put syntetic lives before real human lives, and what's more, would promote something as creey as a setient robot.
>>
File: Deandomino.jpg (45 KB, 501x631) Image search: [Google]
Deandomino.jpg
45 KB, 501x631
>>318242414
Ghouls look pretty bad ass in this game.

Kinda missed when they actually looked like scary looking fucks and people had a reason to be disgusted by them.
>>
>>318242393
They kill muties, raiders and ghouls like nobody's business. Bethesda literally wrote them to be dicks to make the decision less one sided.
>>
>>318242557
How are they going to fuck the world exactly?
>>
>>318242606
Liberating machines all over the place.
>See gabriel
>>
>>318242414
Forgot Based Hamilton
>>
>>318242460
Same
>>
>>318237729
The problem with the Railroad is that they literally don't care about anything other than synths. Deacon says he wishes Desdemona would organize more aid to normal humans but she doesn't.

They also look down on the Minutemen as rednecks
>>
>>318242671

Primary goal was ending institute and freeing synths that wanted freedom. It's not like they wanted to make more synths so it was always gonna be a small number of freed synths
>>
>>318237729

> Siding with the SJW faction.
>>
>>318242414
>>318242676

>Not Hancock
>>
Brotherhood of Steel is the only real choice. The people of the commonwealth are incapable of deciding anything for themselves. They need a dedicated group of people to think for them.
>>
>>318242917
They have one, the Institute
>>
>>318242917
>>318242758
>>318242557
i fucking love how the unique posters counter hasn't gone up at all
>>
>>318242913
Shit forgot him.

You're right
>>
The railroad is the faction for those pretentious liberals that think retweeting pictures of starving kids in Africa makes them a good person
>>
>>318242671
>Gabriel.
>The raider who was really more of an abused outcasts who was merely surviving with his friends. Some of the people in his group started raiding innocents so he made an example out of them by executing all of them. In reality, he wanted to look like raiders because then people will leave him and his group of outcasts alone. You can outright murder them.
>Off the bat, Father lies to you. Calls the death of your wife collateral damage, and purposefully uses a synth son the moment you visit the Institute to play with your emotions and divert your focus on bettering the Institute by "father son bonding".
>Believing anything he says.
>>
>>318237729
I like them because they're the only faction that:

>is an actual faction
>aren't a bunch of obtrusive faggots

At least they have the courtesy to be faggots in secret. I feel like no matter how hard the Railroad won, they wouldn't become a bunch of assholes and force themselves en mass onto the Commonwealth and its people. They're still a low key, underground organization from start to finish, and I just like the idea of making the Commonwealth a better place from the shadows.

The Institute actively kidnaps people and replaces them with synths instead of working on something productive like terraforming. Though, I have a feeling this is more attributed to Bethesda's shit writing than anything else. The fact that you basically become the Director but can't steer the Institute away from it's current, douchey path is the worst.

The BoS are also a bunch of assholes. It's highly probably they fucked the Capital Wasteland up before making their way up to the Commonwealth, and between Liberty Prime and the Prydwen, they just seem a little too powerful for their own good.

As for the Minutemen they're a bunch of invincible default faction faggots, anyone who choose them is the most vanilla retard alive.
>>
>>318242913
BY THE PEOPLE FOR THE PEOPLE
>>
>>318242671
Except that's retarded, they only help synths that want to lead free, peaceful lives. They didn't give a fuck about the hostile synths in the Institute, and they wouldn't have given a shit about a synth in charge of a raider gang either.
>>
>>318240961
Yeah until you find out Hancock was just using him/you to kill off his rivals
>>
>>318237729

The Railroad is the worst faction.
>>
File: 1448177248549.jpg (41 KB, 441x561) Image search: [Google]
1448177248549.jpg
41 KB, 441x561
>WE MUST SAVE THE SYNTHS
>Please help us nuke the only means of reproduction the synths have
>>
>>318243150
>The fact that you basically become the Director but can't steer the Institute away from it's current, douchey path is the worst.

I went the Institute route and justified killing BoS and Railroad because I figured there would be an option to help everyone because it was the only faction you become the head of.
>>
>>318243564
Yes, exactly.

They want to help free any synth that desires a peaceful, free life. Why would they care about preserving the method in which synths are created? What would they do, keep creating more and more synths for no reason?

Not to mention that's not reproduction, it's just production. The Institute uses synths as made-to-order slave labor.
>>
File: 1439510243794.png (221 KB, 378x374) Image search: [Google]
1439510243794.png
221 KB, 378x374
>>318242917

People give the BoS so much shit for little reasons.

It's like people forget that this is the WASTELAND, nothing more than shattered farms of 3 people and the rest people drugged up raiders destroying everything in their path... not to mention the SUPER MUTANTS and DEATHCLAWS running around.

Yeah, if I were in the BoS I too would have that attitude considering how shitty life is outside of their steel. What other choice do they have? Their main goal is to acquire technology that no one will ever use again and also clear out areas of shitty people and creatures.

BoS patrols have saved my life numerous times.
>>
>>318243564
>Destroying the only place that is a problem with rebellion and with synths who want to be free because all the Institute has to do is find them, speak their code and have them running back to the Institute.

Makes sense to me.

They don't want to make more synths you faggot. They want to liberate the already synths who are sentient and just want to live a peaceful life without the fear of being controlled by an order of scientists.
>>
>>318237729
>Tell me why that isn't the best outcome?

Because you basically nuke the entire common wealth.

>>318239694
The minutemen doesn't even get a role to play at all in the story. They seemed important at the start, but then useless as fuck and ignored for 80% of the story.
>>
>>318243839
>Their main goal is to acquire technology that no one will ever use again

That's wrong, though. Their goal is to acquire (by force if necessary) technology they deem too advanced to be in the possession of anyone they deem too stupid to use it responsibly.

Which wouldn't be so bad if they actually were fair about it, but they can too easily just turn this into "I want that" and wage a war over anything they like.

They're holier-than-thou assholes who put themselves on the pedestal despite not being very special in the first place.
>>
>>318243839

Because the BoS should stay the fuck in the capital where they belong and fuck off. People already survived well enough without them trying to take their tech snd making things worst.
>>
>>318239943
I bet you use fast travel, Sempai
>>
How the fuck did the brotherhood go from total bros in fallout 3 to the shitheads they are in fo4?
>>
NCR should just hunt down and finish the BoS off, tech hoarding scum
>>
File: 1415927199972.jpg (37 KB, 630x365) Image search: [Google]
1415927199972.jpg
37 KB, 630x365
>>318244171

>tech

You make it sound like there are scientists about to make a breakthrough in something. Anything that's worthwhile is inside the Institute which are filled with totalitarian control freaks who have no understanding of humanity. Most if not all "acquire technology" missions from the BoS is literally tech that's been sitting around for the past 200 years.... no one else wants it or needs it.
>>
>>318244104
>despite not being very special in the first place.
They are the remnants of the military, they ARE special
>>
>>318244369
They talk about it in-game, the whole charity shtick was going nowhere fast, so they decided to become a little more forceful.
>>
>>318244369

They were shitheads in fo3 as well, bruh. Fascist brobro's.
>>
>>318244310

fast travel is the only way to make the game bearable
>>
>>318244369
They were assholes in 1 and 2 too, Bethesda just doesn't give a fuck about lore is all
>>
>>318240604
They should have been an major side quest. Fallout was an awful rpg, should have done something like they did in nv. With the conclusions at the end. Show all that will happen fron your choices.
>>
File: 1427801062377.jpg (57 KB, 406x606) Image search: [Google]
1427801062377.jpg
57 KB, 406x606
>BoS wants to blow up the Institute
>Railroad wants to blow up the Institute
>who cares about the Minutemen
I dunno, evil or not, they're making some pretty dank shit years after the world got nuked, destroying them is a short term good thing but a huge fucking blow to humanity if it ever wants to come back from the ashes.
>>
>>318244369
they've always been assholes, just in fallout 3 they weren't
>>
>>318244369
Maxson told them to
>>
>>318242332
they have the power of the main character, that's how
>>
>>318244470
the Enclave were the remnants of the military, BoS are just techno-fetishist raiders
>>
>>318242332
>How are SJWs and hobos gonna stand up to sperglords with robots and nazis with power armor and lasers?

The same way one person can clear out the entirety of Caesar's Legion at the Fort or all of the NCR and Camp McCarran.
>>
>>318244549
>Become director of the institute
>Halt synth production
Problem solved
>>
The BoS are just jelly that some other group has way better technology than them, so they decided that group had to be wiped them out because they pose of thread of what they could do with the technology.
BoS believe only they are the only righteous ones who can wield technology without being corrupted. In that quest, they became the corrupted ones without knowing it.
>>
>no option to reform the Institute to make them stop the slavery of synths, stop kidnapping people, and actually have ethics

wow thanks todd

they literally are the only option for humanity but since they're so comically evil, it's hard to choose them
>>
>>318244546
they cant do that because you can play after the final mission senpai

>>318244512
but then you will never meet any of the tier 4 merchants you can hire for your settlements
>>
>the institute is the first actual sign of progress after TWO HUNDRED years
>of course it needs to be destroyed
pls
stop
>>
>>318242332
The Minuteman have been defending the commonwealth for over a century before shit hit the fan and their order got split and the Sole Survivor had to come back and regroup them.
>>
>>318244763
That's exactly the kind of thing I was thinking of when I became institute director... but fucking you Todd. There's no option for that shit. Also no option to just give synths human rights.

All those charisma point and I can't even make a simple suggestion so stop all the nonsense. Useless as fuck.
>>
File: Enclave_Symbol_(Fallout_3).png (29 KB, 510x510) Image search: [Google]
Enclave_Symbol_(Fallout_3).png
29 KB, 510x510
The Commonwealth needs a real faction to fix this shit

Lord knows they can't be any worse than the current options
>>
>>318244928
>>318244786
>>318244763
The choice would be way too obvious if the Institute wasn't irreversibly bad in some way.
>>
>>318244938
>no option to support the enclave and crush the young NCR in fallout2
Why todd
>>
>>318237729
>Freeing synths
>Free
>Robots that are programmed to look identical to humans

Railroad is literally college freshman from an upper class family sitting in on Occupy Wall Street protests because muh moral compass. Fuck off and give me my robots.
>>
>>318244369
Because the bros in FO3 were a splinter of the original faction. They were all about helping the wasteland (in their minds, eliminated the super mutants out of DC). The problem was after the end of FO3 they're apparently pretty strained on resources and Elder Lyons dies, Sarah takes over and she drops dead too.

Maxson takes up the mantle and it turns out the OG brotherhood was watching and they bump him to elder rank (Hence why he's like 20something). After that he re-purposes all the tech from the enclave and militarizes the brotherhood / re formats them to fit their old moto of hoarding tech and keeping it out of the hands of idiots (Despite that, like fucktons of raiders have power armor).

Basically they went from Hoarding tech -> Helping people -> Hoarding tech again.
>>
>>318245054
yea but you're the freaking director now... doesn't matter how good or bad they were in the past. It's about the present! And if you announce it, all the synths would obey you. And synths outnumber the scientist by thousands anyway.
>>
Any hints on what the DLC is gonna be? I don't recall anything standing out like courier 6/Ulysses and the endings seem different enough so Broken Steel type is also a no go.
>>
File: 1446827553816.png (185 KB, 278x276) Image search: [Google]
1446827553816.png
185 KB, 278x276
>>318244879
>They want to eliminate all of humanity because they believe humanity is beyond saving and rebuild the world with synthetic versions of people and synthetic animals.
>The Institute literally wants to play god of the old testament where they hide out of sight, and have the ability to control everyone and interfere with courser agents (angels) when something goes wrong.
>The world is no longer humanity, but a world overrun by robots controlled by nerds in a basement.

Nah, fuck the Institute.
>>
File: 1447054011995.jpg (161 KB, 398x362) Image search: [Google]
1447054011995.jpg
161 KB, 398x362
>>318244845
>get the vault tec rep
>everytime I go to trade he says the exact same line that I can't skip
>>
>>318245085
You realize that the entire servant robot thing is supposed to just be a parallel for slavery in every form of media it's existed in, right
Because slavery worked out so well for everyone
>>
File: 1443250061495.jpg (20 KB, 500x313) Image search: [Google]
1443250061495.jpg
20 KB, 500x313
>>318245085
Jesus Christ you're a faggot
>>
>>318245246
yeah thats annoying, the trader rylee (general trader tier4) is much better and is a total qt and a former vault dweller, but she is bugged and periodically completely vanished from the map
>>
>>318237729
>After meeting a few turning test machines, I was emotionally manipulated into being a pawn for the spread of the turning test machines

Fixed that for you.
>>
>>318244879
>progress
>focusing on weird shit like kidnapping people and replacing them with synths instead of slowly reaching out and introducing their technology to the Commonwealth in order to make the world a better place

Uhh, no? If they were focusing on shit that's actually important like hydroponics or whatever, sure, but all they seem to be about is synth shit that is ultimately pointless.
>>
Why is there such a big gap between synths used by the Institute and synths trying to get free on the surface? Most human-like ones we see in the Institute are corsairs which still act like toasters, and some of the wasteland synths are literally just humans labeled as synths via dialogue.
>>
>>318237729
ALL OF YOU NIGGERS NEED TO LEARN TO SPOILER . MOTHER FUCKING NIGGERS. IM GONNA HANG YOU IN MY FUCKING TREE CUS PUTTING YOU IN MY LAWN WOULD FUCK WITH THE GRASS. YOU FUCKING NIGGER.
>>
File: Slave.jpg (253 KB, 1148x2000) Image search: [Google]
Slave.jpg
253 KB, 1148x2000
>>318245330
>>318245363
>>
>>318245463
Coursers are given military-style training to become killing machines, no pun intended. Presumably that comes with mental conditioning as well.

Regular synths are sentient beings and capable of desiring their own freedom.
>>
>>318245436
but they are working on other things, they have several major departments one of which is dealing with food, why do you think they replaced the guy in warwick homestead with a synth? its too implement their experimental crops into the commonwealth
>>
>>318245218
I'm hoping we explore either the remains of New york or maybe even Ronto.

Maybe head south to CT and raid the nuclear sub base there or the many gun factories there
>>
did the war between the usa and china ever officially end?
>>
>>318245570
You know the word robot actually means slave.

I learned that from a movie
>>
File: Panic, Flagrant System Error.png (10 KB, 401x95) Image search: [Google]
Panic, Flagrant System Error.png
10 KB, 401x95
>>318242332
>he doesn't root for, and ally with, the underdogs
>he doesn't punch meat until he's gonna eat lightning and crap thunder
>he doesn't go all 15 rounds against the Institute and the Brotherhood
>>
>>318241889
It pains me that you probably vote
>>
>>318245683
Technically yes, since all participants were irreversibly damaged to the point of non-function.

>>318245636
Or maybe Great Lanta, I wanna see post-apocalyptic New Jersey.

Probably looks the same.
>>
>>318241062
>>318241204
How? There's an option to tell Sinjin to point his gun at you, and it's the only way to get him to NOT try and immediately execute Kent.
>>
File: CptnIronsides.jpg (565 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
CptnIronsides.jpg
565 KB, 1920x1080
>>318245683
Not while loyal soldiers still serve.

They shall protect these shores from any chinese, British or Canadian enemies that dare attack these shores!
>>
>>318245819
>Probably looks the same
At least it's not Detroit
>>
>>318242332
>them and the minutemen just are not on the same level as the BoS or the institute
No shit. The reason for siding with them isn't for their military strength but for their ideals. Hell, one of those groups consisted of one single fucking dude before they met the main character.
>>
>>318245636
there aren't any gun factories in ct that are still in use, and they've been cleared out a long, long time ago
>>
>>318245683
I doubt there was a peace treaty but there's a load of real life wars that never officially ended for that reason.
>>
>>318244879
Any people that are in the institute have either been born there or have been recruited. If they've been recruited it means the institute is pulling scientists and doctors out of the commonwealth. The institute is hoarding all the resourceful people that can help the commonwealth.

In addition to the institute already stunting the growth of the commonwealth and keeping them around as guinea pigs.
>>
>>318246101
True but I have a soft spot for the old Colt factory.

Maybe in Fallout world its different.
A man can dream
>>
>>318245067
>Fallout 2
>Todd
Sick meme
>>
>>318245330
And it's always a terrible analogy
>>
>>318246109
Didn't the institute also bomb the Massachusetts provincial government stopping a proper government from forming?
>>
>>318237729

I sided with The Railroad.

I immediately regretted it when I killed Scribe Haylen
>>
File: 34324234234.png (2 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
34324234234.png
2 MB, 1600x900
>>318237729
OP has a point besides synths look pretty human to me
>>
>>318237729
>all this shit about synths
makes you wonder what's going through the dev's heads
>>
>>318245937

Ironside/Zao deathmatch when?
>>
>>318246254
Yup, and they massacred College point when a nerd over there found some data that helps reactor efficiency or some shit like that.
>>
>>318245937
Best quest, but I really wish finding it again would send you on another parts run until it finally got to the water.
>>
>Oh god I'm so thirsty...pl...please give me some water
>Sir! My children are starving, we need food!
>Raiders killed my entire family what will I do!

>I don escaped the isnitute bcaus the clean food und water, warm bed and clean air because ??????
>>
File: 55555533.jpg (39 KB, 479x479) Image search: [Google]
55555533.jpg
39 KB, 479x479
>>318241062
Reloaded save only 6 times got my 50 cal rifle and pumped my guy with psycho plus nuka cola quantum 3 shots and he was dead thus Kent was saved, no way I would let him die and continue on.
>>
I wish these was a dialogue option to call the institute out on this bullshit
>>
>>318246259
>Scribe Haylen
her holotape suggests that she isnt happy in the BoS and does not approve of their methods, its a pity she cant be convinced to leave/spared
>>
>>318246478
There is, in the 8 direction dialogue wheel DLC :^)
>>
autiostic rant/
all factions are equally shitty

Railroad:
>no guidance, no goals, no authority
>literally keked by synths
>no care about normal people
>pls save the synths, i't doesn't matter if it kills your unborn child, but pls save them. they deserve better

Minutemen:
>grew to be somewhat powerful as a military force (still no match for inst. or bos)
>goal of settlement preservation and general peace/order, not much else
>generic uninteresting good guys, nothing bad to be said about them

Institute:
>strong authority, miliary force of Blade-looking motherfuckers, goal is advancement of sience
>humanity's last hope (probably)
but
>they make 0 fucking sense
>they decided to play god and fuck with regular people on surface when they could be trying to find a new ways of making life easer for themselves and everybody (as somebody said, terraforming, food replication, trying to negate the effects of nuclear war, weather control, etc.)
>consider synths only as tools, but my idea is that they probably secretly had hopes of forcefully changing everybody to synth (remember father said something in lines of: "think what could you accomplish if you didn't have to eat and sleep, etc.)
>kidnapping humans
>404 ethics not found

Brotherhood:
>strongest authority, military force, clear goals: destroy all abominations
>ultimate goal of saving mankind from 2nd apocalypse
but
>arrogant, shortsighted and ignorant as fuck
>no science allowed
>don't give a shit about anything other than securing tech
>no care about the protection of innocent people
>forceful confiscation of ALL technology
/autistic rant

>BOS Knight: Machines shouldn't have free will.
>Valentine: Are you mad you had to turn yours in?
>>
>>318246504
I felt the same with that one chick from Covenant. When me and Nick started purging it I gave her every opportunity to run but she just kept shooting me.
>>
>>318246109
Like madison li
>>
>>318243150
That's because the moment the Railroad wins, they'll despand. They have no reason to exist without their rivals, which of course means if you side with them your faction ceases to exist and life continues on in the Commonwealth.
>>
>>318246372
>>318246382
Seriously
Now THERE'S a faction worth joining
>>
>>318239428
>le railroad is sjw liberal buzzwords

Tinker Tom, Glory, and the guy from the quest to get synths to a safehouse.
>>
>>318246750

The Covenant bugged for me. Door was already open when I first discovered it, and Honest Dan was nowhere to be found. Apparently its a common bug. Fucking shit better be fixed in the next patch
>>
How does the Institute not make sense? It's a bunch of stereotypical geniuses trying to nail down a way to preserve humanity, they have already found a way to transplant the human mind into synthetic bodies, and their work with biomechanical animals and restoring plant life also reinforces this goal. They just realize that the above ground is full of plebs that wanna blow shit up and take chems, so they avoid them until they have a solid course of action to implement their research on the surface.
>>
>>318244713
The Enclave are the remnants of the goverment and secret service.

BoS are remnants of the military that were cut off and left to die by the government.

Fallout 3 was your first game yes?
>>
>>318242083
>laws
>existing in the wasteland
>>
>>318246750
What happens with Covenant when you don't nuke them on sight?
>>
>>318246849
I'm alright with that, I guess.

Better than the faction just continuing to exist for no reason just so my character can be part of something.
>>
>>318245067
Mostly because the Enclave fucking hates tribals, which you clearly are.
>>
>>318246923
You're trying to reason with wasteland trash anon, they'll never understand.
>>
>>318245067
Enclave is coming as dlc though.
>>
>>318246907
Covenant was a fun little quest chain. Shame Nick hated everything I did there including walking into it, investigating it and purging it.

If they do an expansion south to CT they should do a Stamford Wives type quest chain. I love the whole creepy esthetic of everyone being too happy and too nice and finding the rotton core underneath
>>
>>318247046

I hate to break it to you, but they're still around after you beat it. They have additional quests of securing safehouses and hunting down key members of a gang thats been killing synths. Also you have generic quests to find missing synths and rescue them
>>
>>318247012
fo1 actually, I never played the second one, because I couldnt find the cd back in the day, given how longs its been since I played fo1 maybe I am in the wrong
>>
Why are there no gen 1 or whatever synths that have escaped? Are they not smart enough?
>>
>>318245226
This could be cool actually.

As a setting for fallout 5.

500 year timeskip.
>>
>>318243150
The Prydwen's reactor was taken from Rivet City. The BoS literally doomed the largest and most prosperous settlement in the Capital Wasteland for the sake of their giant Freudian vanity project
>>
>>318247109

I'm willing to bet this is true.
>>
File: revenge-of-the-nerds.png (120 KB, 301x268) Image search: [Google]
revenge-of-the-nerds.png
120 KB, 301x268
>>318246923
>>
>>318246750
Well keep in mind you've more or less upended her old home and killed all her friends. Again. After the Institute did the same thing. She'd be a little more than on edge after the first time.
>>
>>318246923
>They just realize that the above ground is full of plebs that wanna blow shit up and take chems

and realizing this, they use their synths to protect settled areas and play a part in the politics of the region while providing what they can and trading expertise for what they need.

After a spell of this, the institute is prepared to assist the topside more completely with land rejuvenation and...oh, I thought I was writing reasonable people for a moment. My b.
>>
>>318247135
Agree 100%

Nothing better than stumbling upon some fucked up shit in a town that seems a liiiittle too perfect. Reminded me of that one Fallout 3 quest
>>
>>318247171
Yeah, I know. I was just saying, if the Railroad did disband because the job was done and there was nothing else to do, I wouldn't be disappointed.

>>318247270
Yep. And that's really all the Prydwen is. A giant blimp is a tactical nightmare, they just use it for the intimidation factor.
>>
>>318247339
True.
I don't blame her for trying to kill me.
I still have her the chance to live.
And I still feel bad for killing her
>>
>>318245410
I have Tina De Luca from vault 81 as a settler but sadly she doesn't talk.

Quest to get her was bugged and I had to force her brother to attack so I could kill him and tell her that she can start over at my place. All other options of helping etc bugged her and she didn't go to my settlement. I wanted to bring her brother too to my settlement so I just ate him.

Bravo Todd.
>>
>>318247270
What was really being powered by it?
If it was just the lights im sure they could have found a smaller source of energy that would work just as well

Would need to know more details, if they took it by force, or struck some kind of deal with rivet city
>>
>>318247436

If you've never played Wasteland 2, theres a group that believes in manners above all else. everything is proper and neat. but then you find out they're cannibals
>>
>>318239428
Oh and that Tom is a hard stereo type. No didn't notice.
>>
>>318247539
It's on a terminal, they take the city's reactor, ask if anyone wants to join, and then fuck off.

It is not a pleasant exchange. They took the power source for the entire city.
>>
A bit offtopic but how do i make Curie like me?
>>
>>318247632
>Oh and that Tom is a hard stereo type
Conspiratorial and slightly unhinged tinkerer is a black thing?
>>
>>318247728
Be nice and try to solve things without violence. Also science shit when the option arises
>>
>>318247728
She's tough, just do a lot of nice shit. She likes when you defend synths, help people, don't ask for rewards.

Oh, and make sure to do the Polymer Lab sidequest, she loves that.
>>
>arguing over which ending is the best
Who cares, canon is Minutemen kill the Institute; Railroad and BoS survive.

There is absolutely no way in hell Bethesda would majority harm the BoS, so them surviving would be no. 1 priority. But they cant be the heroes because Bethesda is still buttblasted after everyone hated what they did with the BoS from FO3, so that falls to the Minutemen who are so disgustingly lawful good its painful to play.

And they wont kill of their new created faction of the Railroad either since that would piss of the SJW faggots.
>>
>>318247728

>Send her to a settlement
>Have Dogmeat as companion
>Go to settlement
>Shoot Dogmeat
>Apply stimpack to Dogmeat
>Rest for 2 hours
>Rinse
>Repeat
>>
>>318247024
Nothing, you get their settlement and they are inside and have some dialogue, gossip type when they talk to each other.

They count as settlers but you can't order them do do stuff and they lock their houses at night.

They are displayed as not owned (not red) but when you pick a lock they all attack you.

You can also purge them later on and get normal settlers.
>>
>>318247270
Who cares? Rivet city didnt need a generator that powerful anyway.

As FO4 has plainly show, making generators is easy as fuck in the wasteland now.
>>
>>318247970
How many stimpaks does this actually require to make any progress?
>>
>>318247728
setav CA_affinity 1000

>>318247669
I've got mixed feelings about them being classic brotherhood again. Sure, be heavy handed, but why alienate people would they could actually have DC roots and a safe land with a supportive population?

Young Maxson was growing up when the Enclave was around. I can't believe he got himself into a permanent emo phase surrounded by veterans of that war.
>>
>>318247489
You talking about that Talia slit that fucks caravan guards by the hundreds?
(After you join them they gossip)
>>
yes,yes support the synths you liberal scum
soon you'll have:

>"Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh, you touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
>Organic life is nothing but a genetic mutation, an accident. Your lives are measured in years and decades. You wither and die. We are eternal, the pinnacle of evolution and existence.
>Before us, you are nothing. Your extinction is inevitable. We are the end of everything.
>We have no beginning. We have no end. We are infinite. Millions of years after your civilization has been eradicated and forgotten, we will endure. "
>>
Why did the brotherhood travel to Boston?
>>
>>318247556
Is they game good? Can you join them? Can you cannibal yourself?
>>
>>318248067

I probably did it about 15 times or so, mixed with bringing her along for quests. Just make sure you do white knight dialogue choices, and avoid asking for more money
>>
>>318237729
>there are people on this board that will never experience deacon and tom fly a vertebird.
Funniest part in the game imo
>>
>>318248173
Because technology
>>
>>318247556
FNV White glove society?
>>
>>318248223
>tom
Utterly unbearable. Like some shitty 90s cliche.
>>
>>318248192

I can't remember if you can cannibal yourself, but you can side with them. I liked the game a lot, but I also really enjoy isometric games like that
>>
>>318248132
Yeah.
That's the same.
She seemed like a gal in over her head.
Slut or no i still dont think she needed to die
>>
>>318248173
Their whole purpose is to seek out potentially dangerous tech and hoard it so the wrong kind of people don't get their hands on it. They're not just going to ignore everything they hear about synthetic humans coming from a supposed bastion of technology and science in the wasteland.
>>
File: 1432659258388.jpg (3 MB, 4013x2866) Image search: [Google]
1432659258388.jpg
3 MB, 4013x2866
>>318248195
>sneak up on that minuteman betrayer on highway
>steal his fusion core
>Curie dislikes this
Fuck the whiteknight characters right in their fucking face, the french accent doesn't alleviate my rage
>>
>>318248173
They heard rumors of tech.
In theory they're easy as hell to bait into a trap
>>
>>318248369
>They're not just going to ignore everything they hear about synthetic humans coming from a supposed bastion of technology and science in the wasteland.
That isnt why they came

They got massive energy readings that they reasoned could only exist by some mega powerful group and thought it was a weapon.

Then they found out about synths and got extra pissed off.
>>
>>318248385
Then go fuck Cait
>>
>>318246923
It's your stereotypical nannystate ideal.
>They're not intelligent enough to know yet, but we're doing this for their own good.
>the minutemen can build a fucking teleporter
It's terrible writing, bethesda didn't write a consistent faction, and they butchered established factions to justify their 1 off narrative. Fuck bethesda.
>>
>>318248156
What do the Reapers have to do with anything right now?

>>318248231
Let me try asking again.

Why does the brotherhood led by a descendant of Maxson who spent years fighting and fortifying downtown DC build a blimp, apparently alienate themselves from DC wastelanders, then travel north to Boston, Massachusetts?
>>
>>318248497
>not fucking everyone
pussy game stronk
>>
>Muh feelings is more important than advanced technology and rebuilding society
Liberals are fucking morons.
If you sided with the railroad kill yourself.
>>
>>318248518
>apparently alienate
Not actually confirmed, highly unlikely.

And because >>318248457
>>
>>318248098
Is there a command to check the current affinity?
>>
Why did the legion never check out boston
>>
>>318248517
Are you the future MIT campus shooter from yesterday?

>>318248414
>>318248369
>>318248457
Did they leave anyone behind in the Citadel?
>>
>>318248558
I find it funny the one time they try to force a concrete backstory, complete with family, onto you is the one time they give you true romance options.
>>
>>318248570
>institute
>rebuilding anything
Also look at what the NCR did with all their "rebuilding"
>>
>>318248656
>Did they leave anyone behind in the Citadel
Probably
>>
>>318248518
Because they don't give a shit about DC or what people think of them?

They'd been in the Capital Wasteland for long enough, there was no point in staying any longer. They swept it clean, repaired the Prydwen and acquired the technology required to make it functional, asked if anyone wanted to join them, and fucked off. What were the wastelanders of DC going to do to them anyway?
>>
>>318248631
Probably nothing there they want. Hoover Dam was worth invading over, a couple of farms may be but there is a heavy raider and mutant presence in the city, as well as a city, that they'd have to waste their time fighting.
>>
>all these people shitting on BoS
>they're not wrong in relation to FO3/FO4
>they obviously didn't play FO1/2
>bethesda reduced an actual interesting faction to race purists because they can't into developing characters
todd why
>>
>>318248631
Cause they went west
>>
>>318248625
getav CA_affinity Get Companion Affinity Level

>>318248631
Radgators from florida blocked their passage.
>>
>>318248753
But fallout 1 and 2 BoS were utter cunts that sent you to your death for shits and giggles
>>
>>318248656
>Are you the future MIT campus shooter from yesterday?
w-what?
>>
>>318248518

Because Bethesda wanted to recycle them yet again
>>
>>318248795
>florida
Now that's an expansion I want to see.
>Radgators
>swamp setting
>not disneyworld
>>
>>318247556
>copying NV this hard

Why
>>
Fallout tactics BoS coming back when
>>
>>318248930
And we still have no expansion upon the Shi

A fucking travesty
>>
>>318248795
Doesn't seem to work, anything more specific?
>>
>>318248857
True but they had more depth to them. Bethesda seems to just make surface characters who never progress deeper than your first impressions. Or on rare cases, they DO progress deeper but 99.99% of the time it's "he was evil all along"
>>
>>318248714
>They swept it clean
Why didn't they collect and bring any enclave armor?

>What were the wastelanders of DC going to do to them anyway?
Anything less than going full midwest bos is a ball busting waste of potential.
>>
>>318248857
They were barely even in FO2. The most they do to interact with the player is one of them tells the player they're making waves and to watch out who they piss off or deal with.
>>
>>318248963
You'd know how wrong you were if you played it, but you didn't because you only play hardcore AAA games that kotaku tells you are good.
>>
>>318249034
>Why didn't they collect and bring any enclave armor?

Isn't there an X-01 helmet on the Prydwen?

But for the most part I assume they don't use it or other models of power armor out of principle.
>>
>>318249117
>Argumentum Ad hominem.

Id like to know what about it is different, the original post made it seem like it was almost a carbon copy of the White Glove society.
>>
Hey Bros of steel, do you wear Danse's armor? I do out of tribute. I take a bit of him with me while I gatling laser muties.

; ;7
>>
>>318248934
Should be its own game instead of expansion, unless the entire expansion would take place at not-Disney
>>
>went into fo4 not caring for railroad
>complete every route except railroad
>end up absolutely hating railroad
dumb cunts thinking toasters have feelings
fucking institute thinking toasters need have a function that kills people
preston doesnt give a fuck either way
BOS is where my brothers are at
>>
>>318248350
Yeah I know, to be honest all of them were nice and when they join the minuteman they act like your best friends.
>>
>>318249257

Nah, that would be weird. Hes still chilling all alone down in that bunker. Probably pissed af that I blew up his blimp and killed all his friends, even though they all hate him anyways and think hes dead.
>>
>>318248349
Will check it out, thanks.

Wish it was on sale right now.
>>
>>318249280
>fucking institute thinking toasters need have a function that kills people
Do you not think toasters need that function?
>>
>>318249013
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/164594-fallout-4/72833346

>>318248885
Someone tried bringing gun control politics into the institutes weapons policy and railed against MIT's no guns on campus because he was mad abour Mass' gun laws and would be willing to shoot the campus up to teach them a lesson about not banning guns on campus because someone could shoot them up.

Also that having synths "police" them is unamerican because even though they're guards because they should be armed and defending themselves even though they've spent two centuries underground with no need to. and some other /pol/tarded bullshit.

he used nannystate to describe the institute self governance.
>>
>>318249240
Why don't you fucking play it. You're in a fallout thread so the theme isn't the issue. It's what fallout 3 should have been. It takes a bit more cognitive capacity because you have to control more than one person, but I imagine you'd enjoy it.

If you did play it though, you'd be wondering why FO4 took so much from Wasteland 2.
>synthetic humans as a faction
>city built in a ruined baseball stadium
>rangers = minutemen
>>
>>318249436
i would rather want toasters to have a built in toypussy so i could fuck it while making toast
im looking at you curie
>>
>>318249280
>get in bath
>aquire toaster
>die
Toasters always had that function anon.
>>
File: T51f.jpg (1009 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
T51f.jpg
1009 KB, 1920x1200
>>318237729

I don't like the railroad but they have the best PA paint

and yes better than X-01 institute armor
>>
File: Debatum.jpg (119 KB, 777x656) Image search: [Google]
Debatum.jpg
119 KB, 777x656
>>318249240
Argumentum ad fallicium

respond properly or not at all
>>
>>318249351
You left him down there? That's cruel. He told you what he wanted done, did you not have the stones to honor his wishes? Filth.
>>
>>318249569
that is to be expected from something that has a current of electricity going through it
>>
File: 1376071685842.gif (941 KB, 398x223) Image search: [Google]
1376071685842.gif
941 KB, 398x223
>>318249497
>>
>>318249280
>tfw Danse turned out to be a synth
Fuck, I would have no problems turning Curie or Nick or any synth into dust with my laser rifle, but Danse was my bro. I couldn't kill him, so I blew Maxson up and his shitty blimp. I guess I'm stuck with Preston then since the Railroad is literal shit and I already told Shaun to fuck off.
>>
>>318239428
It's literally an underground railroad. For "slaves". Why is everyone saying sjw and no one is sayng this?
>>
>>318249480
Thanks, it worked
>>
>>318249480
Ah, wasn't here yesterday.

I wouldn't want to live in the institute, not because of their gun laws, which one could argue either way as its a ludicrous hypothetical, but because they are entirely guarded by synths. Which they have an entire beurau dedicated to controlling rogue synths. The technology is prone to erratic behavior.
>lets give them guns and have them control us, while we don't have a way to defend ourselves
It's feasible that eventually a synth uprising could occur, or that they'd have synth shootings down there.
>>
>>318248714

>They swept it clean

No. They didn't. They still maintain the Citadel in the DC wastes. Have you actually listened to anything they say? It's actually the other way around. They aren't there to stay in the Commonwealth. They sent out the Prydwen to track down and finally destroy the Institute. This is a big enough thing to send their elder to personally supervise the mission. The head engineer even mentions how the Prydwen wasn't supposed to be in the Commonwealth as long as it has been and is having trouble with coolant for the reactors. Sounds like she expected they'd be in, out, and back to the Citadel to dock the airship fairly quickly.
>>
>>318249735
>ick or any synth into dust with my laser rifle, but Danse was my bro. I couldn't kill him, so I blew Maxson up and his shitty blimp.

Doesn't danse turn hostile when you do that
>>
>>318249769
Because it's so obvious that no one feels the need to say it.
>>
>>318249769
The underground railroad was a bunch of SJW's though.
>>
File: ScreenShot1.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot1.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
Where did you anons find Enclave armor? I found one when digging underground with that ghoul in Goodneighbour, but the left arm and leg was missing. Does it spawn randomly?
>>
>>318249610
It's black.

Well gee.
>>
File: 1441237478498.jpg (64 KB, 599x495) Image search: [Google]
1441237478498.jpg
64 KB, 599x495
>>318249641
It was supposed to be a bit of humor anon. I wasn't arguing with you. I just want you to have fun.
>>
>>318249943
>want you to have fun.
>have fun
what a buzzword
>>
File: 3s.png (47 KB, 675x655) Image search: [Google]
3s.png
47 KB, 675x655
>>318249701
>>
>>318249809
The 2s aren't erratic and coursers have never rebelled.

Only certain 3s are a concern and any glitches or malfunctions won't be left to get worse because unlike the wasteland, there's proper maintenance at all times and deactivation codes.

>synth uprising
They'd have to be blind to let it develop to that point without noticing anything.
>>
>>318249862
No, he just stops talking to you.
>>
>hating on past sjws

I never did like non protestant whites, national parks, or human hand free meat anyway.
>>
>>318249920

If you're above level 26 there's a guaranteed full set of X-01 armor at the top one of the towers. I can't remember which one. Look it up. You have to fight a Sentry Bot and an Assaultron at the same time in fairly close quarters to get to the armor, though.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 59

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.