[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help me to understand /v/, why do PC owners consider themself
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5
File: maxresdefault.jpg (79 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
79 KB, 1366x768
Help me to understand /v/, why do PC owners consider themself to be masterrace? Don't get me wrong, I got a fairly good PC and I can see the benefits like modding, performance and such things but what makes you think that owning a PC actually makes you masterrace? HEre are some things that devs love to do

>shitty ports with the excuse that you only need to buy better hardware to run them if you have problems
>games often release way later on PC than they do on other platforms
>most exclusives these days are indie games
>games mostly build around console limitations
>most played games on PC are moba shit

Like I said, I see the benefits and I usually tend to pirate games that I bought on a console to get the benefits from the PC version but why do people think they are masterrace? Whenever a game gets ported to PC you see massive shitposting, most threads about exclusive games have always someone in there asking for a PC port and this even went so far that they ridicule PC owners as the petitionrace.
>>
>>316484178
>I can understand why the PC is better in every way but why do you think owning a PC makes you masterrace?
>>
>>316484469
I just listed you things that doesn't make the PC better in every way.
>>
>>316484178
Nice pasta mate but you cant use the same shit as bait forever
Be creative and make a better bait
>>
>>316484574
I just typed that all out. I also wonder why you'd think it's bait when I asked a simple question and gave a bit of background so it's not just offensive and encourages shitposting.
>>
>>316484527
..."i see shitposting on /v/" is a reason to not like pc?
>>
>>316484708
Those are. Do you ignore them on purpose because you can't refute them and they don't fit in your 'better in every way' narrative?

>shitty ports with the excuse that you only need to buy better hardware to run them if you have problems
>games often release way later on PC than they do on other platforms
>most exclusives these days are indie games
>games mostly build around console limitations
>most played games on PC are moba shit
>>
Idort is the master race. You get to play whatever game you want without having to beg for ports.
>>
>>316484698
>I just typed that all out
See this is why youre not trying anymore
When you bait people once with one topic the next time you use the same bait it wont be effective like the first time, you didnt even change the picture
Im not against shitposting but if youre going to shitpost at least put some effort into it
>>
>>316484875
checked
>>
>>316485105
Okay. At least you bump the thread, so someone else might answer my question.
>>
>>316484178
Master race isnt more than a meme from the memers at the meme stations
>>
People don't post on the thread because they can't shitpost and accept the truth or giving a decent argument
>>
>>316486412
or maybe MAYBE this thread is a obvious bait or just really shit
go to reddit and get your guaranteed replies kid
>>
Ask r/pcmaaterrace
I'm a sub there, they are good people
>>
>>316486524
You've done nothing but roll on the floor and cry that it's bait. You're just as bad as SJWs crying about female video game characters not wearing burkas.

>>316486542
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lh2Tevkj2nQ
>>
>>316486524
OP seems very serius about it imo
>>
File: 1431630752079.jpg (133 KB, 799x463) Image search: [Google]
1431630752079.jpg
133 KB, 799x463
>>316484178
It's a meme that was taken too far

it was created to make fun of non-idort PC-only user that think they're superior because of their hardware
Now they call themselves after their insult

Kinda ironic, isn't it?
>>
>>316484178
It's a meme.
>>
>>316486990
Like the word queer.
>>
>>316484178
It's literally reddit.
PC is great and all for multiplats but Nintendo+Sony consoles are always going to have the best exclusives
>>
Mustards are memespouting manchildren more obsessed with Sony than PC gaming. More news at 11.
>>
File: consolefags battle station.jpg (54 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
consolefags battle station.jpg
54 KB, 500x375
>>316484178
>Don't get me wrong, I got a fairly good PC
sure you do...
>>
File: öoih.jpg (65 KB, 701x529) Image search: [Google]
öoih.jpg
65 KB, 701x529
>>316488572
good enough for you?
>>
>>316485071
This. But people complain because they worl at minimum wage and "muh shekels"
>>
>>316484178
This video explains it well
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWVl_6ulNYs
>>
>>316488704
>60hz
lol fuck off
>>
I have xbone, ps4 and gaymen pc. Pc hands down is my choice for fps games, because I'm terrible at controller with them. As far as anything else, such as racing is adventure games I find console to be a better fit for me. PC has zero exclusives in interested in, so essentially I'm using it for advanced hardware with preference for mouse and keyboard. PMR is a joke, it comes down to preference of m&k or if you're autistic to worry enough about marginal improvements.
>>
>>316490013
Nope. Is this everything you have to say?
>>
File: 1447033536442.png (139 KB, 343x395) Image search: [Google]
1447033536442.png
139 KB, 343x395
>>316484178
>>
>>316490831
god damn i keked hard at this
>>
Consoles are getting worse every generation and pumping up the jew factor to maximum.

At the same time more games then ever are getting ported to PC on top of the regular PC catalog. Not to even mention emulators and the fact that your comp can be used for so many other things while being a bad ass gaming machine.

Honestly the only thing consoles have going for them anymore really are comfy factor and nostalgia.
>>
>>316490831
that's a good one
>>
>>316486990
>it was created to make fun of non-idort
>he thinks it was an insult

Its actually based on a fucking joke you idiot.
Back in 2006, the joke was that PC was Mustard because Consoles are always trying to Ketchup.

Mustard Race/Master Race eventually followed as a play on words
>>
>>316484178
Only dumb reddit niggers think that, anyone intelligent enjoys both PC and console.
>>
>>316488704
top tier gpu in 1080p 60hz.

every fucking speccy thread in /v/ I swear
>>
>>316492281
>Nvidia
>top tier
Pick only one.
>>
>>316492359
600 shekel gpu is not top tier?
>>
If your parents spend over 1500 dollars on just a PC you feel superior.

People with jobs who no longer live with their parents might also spend same amount of money but they wont call themselves masterrace.
>>
>>316484527

I hate masterrace fags

but

Just because devs go to the easy money platform doesn't make the PC platform any less objectively superior

PC gamers get shafted because console owners will buy anything put in front of them without question and devs know that

Devs refuse to put out a good product on PC because they're customers have realistic expectations. Why can't they meet expectations? Consoles of course! Devs build their games up designed around consoles and PC is an afterthought which in turn leaves pc gamers with a bad product.

Another thing to think about: refunds.

In this day and age you can return a digital product on steam if it doesn't work or it wasn't what you thought it was and the money goes right back into your steam wallet.

What do you do if you didn't like your console game purchase? You take it to gamestop or whatever retailer to return it but in many cases you can't and they only option is to trade it in for a fraction of what you paid for it. Your money goes straight back into the retail machine and not your pocket.

Why would I ever WANT to be on a anti-consumer platform? Don't kid yourselves, pc is the best way to go. Do devs care about the platform? No. Because it's not easy money.
>>
games are developed on pc
people already own pcs
pcs have a better compatibility with peripherals
there's no reason to make games on a console nowadays except for companies trying to develop their brand with a monopoly on exclusive titles.

supporting consoles means you're supporting business practices meant only to hurt competition in game development and thus hurt the consumer.

Gaming would be better if consoles died and the PC was seen as the video game platform.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.