[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Back during the Steam Summer Sale, there was a fairly large
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 68
File: Valve.png (358 KB, 720x766) Image search: [Google]
Valve.png
358 KB, 720x766
>Back during the Steam Summer Sale, there was a fairly large uproar about the pricing of Grand Theft Auto V. Between the game’s launch and the Summer Sale, GTA V cost £39.99. Suddenly once the sale began, the original version of GTA V was not available for sale, and instead the only products advertised were the game bundled with other things such as cash cards for GTA Online. This was sold for £51.99, but with a 25% discount making it cost £39.98.
> The ASA ruled that Valve did intentionally mislead customers. Due to the £39.99 original game and the £51.98 bundle being advertised side-by-side (even accidentally), the ASA believes there was a reasonable expectation that the discount would apply to both products.
>The ASA has demanded that Valve not show those sales in that way ever again, and must ensure that all future discounts are not misleading.

STEAM BLOWN THE FUCK OUT
>>
>britbong consumers are so retarded they need government intervention

lol
>>
>>315610628
To be fair.... the company that makes the games determine what the prices are and what's on sale. In this case... Rockstar.

ASA are retards for going after Steam for this.
>>
>>315610628
In rational countries this would be laughed out of court. I am afraid of Britain though. They are so anti business they will fuck businesses up in the court if they are in the green.
>>
>>315610936
>>315610929
>>315610773

>/v/ is actually against consumer's rights

What the fuck happened to this place?
>>
Isn't this Rockstar's fault though?

>>315610936
For what reason?
>>
Remember this during the sale, it was such bullshit.
>>
>>315610773
You know that's what a Government is for right? Protect citizens from groups and organisations?

I do realise as an American that getting charged $3000 for a Appendix Removal is your idea of Freedom
>>
>>315611024

4chan would find a way to hate on crippled children.
>>
>>315611024
you know what
things that have to stay unspoken
>>
>>315610628
so would they force valve to refund those 25% back to the accounts or what
also isn't rockstar the one who is responsible for prices?
but overall it's all good and pro-consumer
>>315611024
if you're not shilling witcher 3 you don't belong here
>>
>>315610773
>>315610929
>>315610936
American capitalism = Allows companies to walk all over consumers.
European capitalism = They countries themselves will sue the shit out of corporations, while using consumers as an excuse.
>>
blame rockstar for pushing shark cards
>>
>>315611186
>so would they force valve to refund those 25% back to the accounts or what
Based on what OP included, this is basically just a slap on the wrist and a warning not to do it again.
>>
>>315610628
Wat, it's the seller that sets the price.
>>
>>315611024
You're a retard who can't read.
>>
>>315610628
>please dont do it again
Lmao
>>
>>315610628
>cash cards for GTA Online

I haven't played GTA5 yet but what the fuck are cash cards? I mean, what stuff can you buy in game?
>>
>>315610628

steam sucks

I warned you faggots but "OHHH MUH GAYBEN"
>>
>>315611136
>he doesn't hate crippled children
>>
>>315611136
I hate children. I hate cripples. Why the fuck wouldn't I hate crippled children?
>>
>>315610773

Consumers in general are pretty retarded. The "rational consumer" that free-market capitalism relies on does not exist. You need some consumer protection because most people can't be assed to pay attention and/or do research. And honestly if everyone was "rational" then marketing would be way less effective and way fewer goods would be sold (due to widespread thrift).
>>
>>315611318

And the retailer (Steam) still has a duty to customers. If a vendor shipped old, stale, moldy bread that's covered in spores and insects and the grocery store still stocks it on it shelves to sell to people they can't cry b..but that's how the vendor shipped it to us!
>>
>>315611136
They alrwady hate gays and blacks, thinking they are oppressing them
>>
>>315611024
There was this personality test thread last week which showed that most posters here are psychopathic and think it's okay to lie/cheat/hurt others to get ahead.

It really explains a lot.
>>
>>315611024
>>315611262
> didn't read a single thing
> bitching about consumer rights

Like I said... Steam doesn't set the prices of games. The company who owns the IP decides on what prices it would be. In this case... ROCKSTAR and 2K.

ASA is a retard for going after Steam. Whoever made the article is also a retard for blaming Steam. And those posters above are just looking any excuse to shit on Steam. Everyone's now jumping in on the overreacting outrage bullshit without doing a little research on who's actually responsible.
>>
>>315611605

Steam didn't set the price but they did the advertising and are thus liable.
>>
>>315611474
Looking at the cart price is now "paying attention"?

Fuck, thats pathetic britbongs. Steam refund makes it a non issue
>>
>>315611659
>but they did the advertising and are thus liable.

It's like you brought a defective seagate harddrive brand new in it's original packaging from bestbuy and you blame bestbuy instead of seagate.
>>
>>315611676
IIRC, the bundle with the Shark card was non-refundable, since it counted as a micro-transaction or something.
>>
>>315611026
>>315610929

Steam are effectively the publisher and this was a prominent piece of a sale organised by Steam.

They have final responsibility when they're showing misleading ads.
>>
>>315611743

No, it would be like Best Buy advertising that HDD as 2 TB's when it's actually 1 TB.
>>
>>315610628
valve doesn't set prices though.
>>
>>315611761
>Steam are effectively the publisher

Are you fucking stupid? Do you know what a publisher is? Please don't post again until you learn.
>>
>>315611024
The mostly American population of these boards is indoctrinated to be against their own interests. Last time /v/ got interested in their rights as a consumer they got shamed on every news site and kicked off the board, it's understandable they might return to their old knee jerk reactions.
>>
>>315611761
>Steam are effectively the publisher
No, Steam is the store.
>>
>>315611761
No, steam is a store.
>>
>>315611538
Except that analogy doesn't work for two reasons:
1. Manufacturer sets the price of the product in the real world too, so if manufacturer makes the product more expensive for whatever reason the shop can either refuse to sell it or sell it at higher price.
2. Your argument is even more retarded because we have refunds both on steam and in the real world.
>>
Didn't take long for the Steamfags to start defending their precious shit service.
>>
>>315610628
>Mislead

Misled, surely.
>>
>>315611809
No it wouldn't. It would be like Best Buy putting up an advertisement that was given to them for a HDD that (according to the ad is 2TB) but is actually only 1TB. Is it Best Buy's fault? No, they just put up the ad.
>>
>>315611605
Steam literally sets the price of games.
They don't decide what it's going to be, but it's them setting it.
>>
>>315611809
Hells nah, Steam did not lie about the price like bestbuy was lying about how much TB is in it.

Steam didn't even set the price for GTAV. 2K or Rockstar sets the price.
>>
>>315610773
around the English

your rights Finish
>>
>the ASA believes there was a reasonable expectation that the discount would apply to both products.

> customers are stupid
> its the stores fault
>>
>>315612047
>Steam literally sets the price of games.
>They don't decide what it's going to be

Nigga, you must be retarded as fuck to contradict yourself in the same post. Do you even read what you post?
>>
>>315612012
The law would go after BestBuy because it was their fuckup. Where they misled by the HDD manufacturer that told them so? Yes. But BestBuy is the one that still misled customers by falsely advertising it.

You're supposed to check on these things before-hand, not just throw it up because why the fuck not. Businesses get screwed over all the time over stuff like this.
>>
>Due to the £39.99 original game and the £51.98 bundle being advertised side-by-side
Can you guys not read? It's nothing to do with the price it's to do with the way it was advertised on steam. And it's Steam that decide how their store is laid out. They're saying even if it was an accident it was misleading and they need to take care not to do that in the future
>>
>>315612047
>straws, straws everywhere
>>
>>315612047
Then that's not "setting the prices," you fucking idiot.
>>
>>315611938
>1. Manufacturer sets the price

Big red flag you're either way too young for this discussion or completely ignorant on B2B.

Manufacturers will either sell directly to retailers or to a distributor who then sells to retailers. Either way, the retailer will enter into a purchase agreement with the manufacturer or distributor and the price it pays per unit will vary. A mom and pop store that buys 10 units a month will pay more per unit than a national retailer that buys 10 million units.

Then the retailer, who needs to at least break-even sets a price in excess of its cost for the product.
>>
I don't understand the issue. That they took the original version off sale? How is that misleading?
>>
>>315611809
You're right, it could be worse, steam could have advertised that it has 4 games with it's only 3.5.
>>
>>315612156
>PKeks
What.
>>
>>315612168
Don't expect /v/ to actually read. They don't understand that it was Steam's personal fuck up by mixing the two up, which is the cause of all the problems.

Remember Steam does no wrong on /v/. Never has, never will.
>>
File: 3.gif (1 MB, 350x196) Image search: [Google]
3.gif
1 MB, 350x196
>>315611351
>he didnt buy the mega sharkcard and a copy of GTA yet

online is a huge money grind for cars/car parts weapons safe house and ammo but you can buy shark cards for in game cash
>>
>>315611136
>would
>>
>>315612012

Legally, Best Buy is liable. That's the law end of discussion.

But typically in such cases, the retailer will then have cause against the manufacturer and can sue them to recoup their losses.
>>
>>315610628
>The ASA has demanded that Valve not show those sales in that way ever again, and must ensure that all future discounts are not misleading.
wowitsfuckingnothing.apng

The only way to make them care is by sueing them.
>>
File: 3.5 fans.jpg (347 KB, 1024x648) Image search: [Google]
3.5 fans.jpg
347 KB, 1024x648
>>315612228
>>
>>315611563
the only people who responded to that thread were underage newfag neo /v/ redditors
>>
>>315612145
>>315612171
Not him, he's saying Steam has a responsibility to make sure prices set by publishers and advertising methods in their store are reasonable and bullshit-free. Morons.
>>
>>315612004
The company misleads, the consumer is misled. The use in the article is referring to the company so is correct.
>>
>>315612145
And you must be retarded if you think Rockstar has direct access to the Steam store and doesn't have to go through Valve. I'd like to see them try to put a game up for $1000 and see if they're the ones setting the price or if it goes through Valve or not.
>>
>>315612267

>have to pay full price for a game and then pay extra to unlock content

When will this shit end?

For fuck's sake just raise the price of games to like $80 and drop all the DLC and microtransaction shit.
>>
>>315612342
Oh, and that Valve presses the "commit" button, publishers only request.
>>
>>315612165
>You're supposed to check on these things before-hand
How? By plugging in the hard drives to make sure? You're an idiot.
>>
>>315610773
Good goyim.
>>
>>315612347
>mislead
>past tense: misled; past participle: misled

>cause (someone) to have a wrong idea or impression.

Nope, mislead is the present tense, which isn't applicable here. It's wrong.
>>
>>315612219
>Manufacturers will either sell directly to retailers or to a distributor who then sells to retailers.

That's only for physical goods. Digital doesn't work like that.

And even in physical goods, there are standards of practice so the store who buys from the manufacturer does not get screwed over or the manufacturer will face lawsuits.
>>
>>315612316
This fucking card never goes above 60ºC

jelly as fuck.
>>
>>315612423
Not for a long time buddy.
>>
>>315610628

>ASA did fuck all about Day Z increasing it's price then claiming it's on sale, which is also against the law

Not the first time that's happened either, Epic have increased the price of UT then put it on sale tons of times
>>
>>315612226
They made it seem as though they were selling GTAV at a discount, but they weren't. They were selling crappy bundles "discounted" to conveniently be the same exact price as the non-discounted GTAV.

It's like advertising "T-shirts, 20% off!" but when you get to the store you find that the T-shirts cost the same as they usually do, but now they come with a pencil or some shit and when you ask about it they say "oh we meant 20% off the T-shirt/pencil bundles".
>>
>>315611809

>buy GTA V at a different price
>you actually get GTA V

k
>>
>>315612342
No, Steam has a responsibility to list the game at the price they agreed with the publisher. If Activision suddenly decided to charge $90 for CoD, Valve is going to list CoD for $90. Is that Valve's fault that Activision is setting bullshit prices? Of course the fuck not.
>>
>>315612413
It's all obtainable in game, people are just incompetent and can't complete a hand full of simple heists to get enough money to buy yourself the cars/apartments.
>>
>>315612004
>>Mislead
>Misled, surely.

Mislead is right you piss-kidney
>>
File: 1445204949370.png (325 KB, 500x412) Image search: [Google]
1445204949370.png
325 KB, 500x412
>be briburger
>be so fucking stupid my schools have to lower educational standards
>be unable to read
>get punished because i'm a retard
>cry and stomp my feet
>politely ask them to not do it again
>BTFO
>>
>>315612597
See >>315612459

Then try to argue with the dictionary as I'm sure you will.
>>
>>315611938
I don't know where you're from but here the manufacturer can set a recommended retail price often called r.r.p. However the company selling it can charge whatever they want. Adverts often say things like r.r.p.30 but buy it here for 25 and so on. The store buys it from the manufacturer, now they own it they can charge whatever they want for it, if the manufacturer raises the price they're selling it for the store can raise its price or sell it at a loss its up to them. How it works digitally where there is no actually physical product may be different since Steam isn't buying 100,000 copies of it or whatever like an actual store would, but your whole point is fundamentally wrong
>>
>>315611858
>>315611892

The steam store is a website. They create, run and own that website

They are the fucking publishers you complete and utter retards.
>>
File: 1232480760719.jpg (144 KB, 302x476) Image search: [Google]
1232480760719.jpg
144 KB, 302x476
>>315611024
>Muh millions I will clearly make at some point because I'm not here shitposting all day will be taken by the gubmint that's basically subsidizing my entire existence. Better make sure them corporations can walk the fuck over me. It's alright, don't need no fancy gubmint agency I'll just write a letter to exxon, mondelez, monsanto, us airways, AT&T, Dish network, Facebook, Microsoft, Apple, Amazon. These are all companies that have shown they can be trusted to police themselves without any finicky gubmint red tape! Plus who doesn't want to live in Deus Ex?
>>
>you can expect to get discounts on shit now

I think it's reasonable to expect 75% discounts on every game on Steam. Can I sue them now?
>>
>>315612695
>They are the fucking publishers
Anon, don't enter conversations you know nothing about.
>>
>>315611883
This.
I don't know why americans like so much to being raped in the ass.
>>
>>315612004
>>315612459
>>315612643

>Valve did intentionally mislead customers
>did mislead
'Did' makes it past tense, therefore mislead is correct.
>>
File: project scat.jpg (98 KB, 637x893) Image search: [Google]
project scat.jpg
98 KB, 637x893
let me know when they do something about the scams and sock puppets
>>
>>315612576
Valve is not forced to put CoD on Steam and as the biggest distributor of digital games they probably have a bit of a say in the matter.
>>
>>315612338

it's nothing to do with reddit, they're just fucking kids trying to be edgy, which seems to be fine on /v/.
>>
>>315612807
>reviews on the internet are made up bullshit.

STOP THE PRESSES.

Amazon actively suing people who review things on fiverr is pretty hilarious though, but the simple truth is that if you're on the site you can purchase it from: Don't trust what people say. Ask for comments on websites where there's literally no profit in telling you.
>>
Publishers.. in this case, 2K or Rockstar, pretty much has a interface kinda like ebay or amazon. Where they get to set what's on sale and what prices everything is.

Shit is automatic. Companies do not have to tell someone working at Steam to set their game at this price or that price. They just click a few times to change it to whatever price they want it at.

That's basically how it works. Thus the blame should be put on the publishers, which is Rockstar, not Steam. Everyone shitting on Steam is either a idiot or they're just hipsters jumping on the hate bandwagon, or most likely both.
>>
reminds me of something that happened to me earlier this year. i was shopping on the psn store and saw a bundle for dynasty warriors gundam 3. the problem was that the bundle was just all the dlc for it bundled cheap, but it was labeled as a game and not dlc. so of course i thought i would get the game with it, bought it and downloaded it. when i realized what happened i got in contact with sony. first i did an online chat and the dude wouldnt give a refund as sony has a fairly strict no refund policy. i even brought up how it was labeled as a game and not just a dlc bundle, wouldnt let me talk to a manager either when i told him i wasnt happy talking to him and he ended the chat. so i called, spent 5 minutes on hold, but when i talked to someone and explained it, and mentioned how i had the psn store open on my ps3 and the website and it was labeled as a game in both places i got my refund. took literally less than a minute to convince the guy. got my money back and bought assassins creed 4. if i was in britland i probably coulda sued tho.
>>
You have to click purchase, where it lists your selections with the price next to them.
If you hit purchase with the "wrong" items, it is your own goddamn fault.
>>
>2 year old game
>£39.99
>>
>>315611759
Well yes, but when you click the bundle, you are clicking the damn bundle.

The issue was not the bundle, but the base game price which did not change (but retards might think it did)
>>
>>315612926
>edgy

redditor buzzwords
>>
File: 1435206915189.gif (702 KB, 596x316) Image search: [Google]
1435206915189.gif
702 KB, 596x316
>>315612695
By your logic.

>bestbuy sells Halo
>bestbuy is now publishers of Halo

kek, you're a retard.
>>
Valve shills are real, and they are in this thread.
>>
>>315612956

Did you not read the article? It has nothing to do with the price but how it was advertised.

People are genuinely retarded on this board, I swear down m8.
>>
>>315612413
If you have a mic and a functioning brain making money in GTAO is easy as fuck. Buying the cash cards is basically paying to cheat yourself out of gameplay.
>>
>>315610628
>"YOU BROKE INTERNATIONAL COMMERCE LAW!"
>"oh god, please, no! What's going to happen to us? Oh Jesus, I can't go to a foreign prison, they'll eat me alive!"
>"YOU HAVE TO PROMISE YOU WILL NEVER DO IT AGAIN!"

Laws protecting consumers are dead, all hail our new corporate overlords.

Paid for by the libertarian party.

"Because I'm going to quit my job at McDonald's and start my own business and make billions of dollars one of these days, just not today"©
>>
>>315613312
I'm sorry, you thought they were going to do what? Imprison people?
>>
>>315612643
They're saying the company was misleading not the company was mislead. It's not to do with past tense it's to do with who was the provocateur.
If they'd said
>The ASA ruled that Valve intentionally misled customers
That would be fine since then the sentence revolves around the consumer but by saying >Valve did
you have to say they mislead not misled otherwise it appears that valve were the ones misled
>>
>>315611761
Steam is just fucking Gamestop + easy to crack DRM-lite, fucking Rockstar is the publisher.
>>
>>315613165
If britbongs see both prices and still decide to buy the higher price, then they deserve to pay the higher price.

And they can always refund it if they weren't that retarded. I don't see any issues here. Fucking clickbait journalists always make a big deal out of fucking nothing.
>>
>>315612804
Headline is "Valve mislead customers", which I think is what they're talking about.
>>
>>315613435

You have to be trolling, seriously. What a moron.
>>
>>315613409
>expects corporations to mislead people out of god knows how much money and get away with it scot-free without so much as a slap on the wrist

"Because I'm going to quit my job at McDonald's and start my own business and make billions of dollars one of these days, just not today"©
>>
>>315612695
>>315611761
Oh no, it's retarded
>>
>>315611262
American Capitalism = fucking the consumer in the ass without lube.
European Capitalism = a minimum level of lubrication is required by law.
>>
>>315613528
> can't refute argument
> y-you're trolling!!!

kek
>>
>>315613470
My bad.
I saw them bitching about mislead and did ctrl+f and only found OP's text.
In the title it should be misled.
>>
File: Geralt of Rivia before a fight.gif (3 MB, 240x135) Image search: [Google]
Geralt of Rivia before a fight.gif
3 MB, 240x135
>>315613091
Their ears are larger than their leg stumps.
>>
>>315612807

Some devs review their own games and don't even state they made it, it's retarded
>>
>>315612576
>No, Steam has a responsibility to list the game at the price they agreed with the publisher.
And they are responsible to make sure the prices publishers aren't misleading. If they are, they shouldn't put it up.
>>
>>315613653
>>315613470
Unless they're still misleading them
>>
>>315613598

How can I argue with someone who hasn't even read the article? You clearly don't understand, you weeping cock.
>>
>UK
пeтyхa зaбыли cпpocить
>>
>>315612267
The cash cards are fucking ridiculous. $20 gets you one mil in game, and that's fucking nothing. There are vehicles that sell for more than double that. Honestly getting a mil takes maybe an hour if you do heists with the right people.
>>
>>315610929
This. Fuck Rockstar. Literally worse than Ubisoft.
>shitty PC ports
>forced Denuvo DRM
>forced login into their social shit (basically same as uplay)
>attempts to scam people
>can't even add basic Steam features to their fucking games
>>
>>315611809
No it would be like Seagate labeling their HDD as 2TB when it's actually 1TB and then making Best Buy sell them. You can piss and shit all you want at Best Buy for not selling you what you wanted but it was never truly their fault, it was the ones who shoved out the product.
When Americans have their biannual nationwide beef recall do they blame the stores that carried and sold that beef or the factories for shipping out that tainted meat in the first place?
>>
>>315611136
Fuck crippled children, sucking it up off the government with their retardedly high medical bills, fuck them and fuck the parents too for not getting an abortion, and fuck the Christians for bombing abortion clinics, and fuck the Americans for still allowing Christianity to influence the state in this day and age, and fuck the settlers for bringing their retarded religions with them.
>>
>>315612793
>ass

Fuck off yank
>>
File: le merchant hands.png (9 KB, 215x215) Image search: [Google]
le merchant hands.png
9 KB, 215x215
>>315610773
I wonder who could be behind this post
>>
>buying a game made to appeal to dudebros and niggers

You fags deserve it
>>
>>315612047
>Steam literally sets the price of games
>They don't decide what it's going to be
Which one is it?
>>
>>315613927
And Best Buy has the responsibility to not sell those HDD's. It is their store. If Best Buy puts them up for sale, they should have known better and it will hurt them in some shape or form.

You won't absolve yourself from any liability if you tell the court that you knew it was misleading but still put it up for sale.
>>
File: po.jpg (28 KB, 660x371) Image search: [Google]
po.jpg
28 KB, 660x371
>>315611186
>if you're not shilling witcher 3 you don't belong here

Fucking hilarious, those fucking "n64-style tree" W3 threads were everywhere today
>>
>>315613084
You used four buzzwords in a row, you seem pretty new yourself.
>>
>>315610628
>Being so retarded that you can't even read what you're buying
I'll agree that it was underhanded, but how retarded would you have to be to do something like that? I don't even see how its misleading. It says it right there at the checkout.
>>
Wait so, this "misled" people in that they were buying £40 bundle thinking that that price was before discount or something?

I get that the advertising made it seem like the regular game was on sale but I find it hard to believe many people went through the checkout process without noticing they were paying £40.
>>
If I'm selling a product for 39.99 then put next to it that product but with a bonus that's normally priced at 51.98 but with a big sign over it saying "product 25% off" so that its there priced at 39.98. Some customers might be confused with them next to each other at almost the exact same price with a promotional sign over them.
Intentional or not that is misleading and it's the advertising standards job to make sure customers aren't being misled. Just because the only people who would be misled are retards doesn't mean they deserve it, it's the stores job to pay attention to these type of things when designing how to lay out their promotions and they didn't. That's what this is about.
>>
File: pls kill me.jpg (23 KB, 640x730) Image search: [Google]
pls kill me.jpg
23 KB, 640x730
>ITT: Absolute retards trying to shit on Steam which, while it definitely deserves to get shat on, these complete imbeciles use completely wrong reasonings
Steam might be shit (that's why I don't use it) but at least be factually correct when you shit on it.
>>
>>315611024
TB got too big so everyone has to be a contrarian pretending the ideas he came up with are now shit. Damn shame his legacy as a defender for PC gamer rights will now be tarnished by this board.
>>
>>315613927
Why does it have to be one or the other? They're both pieces of shit for doing it
>>
>>315612316
HAHAHA OH WOW
Jokes aside that's a tiny fan, I doubt it's even 80mm so the power output to cooling ratio must be shit
>>
>>315613410
That's wrong though, as they would be saying "valve misled customers". There's no doubt there.
>>
>>315614295
I know, you have to wonder how these people manage to breathe and type at the same time.
>>
>>315611563
>and think it's okay to lie/cheat/hurt others to get ahead.

It is though, if you're not doing whatever you can to reach the top then you're a failure of a human being. We are by nature a competitive species and none of your SJW crap will EVER change that.
>>
>>315614295
It's best to shit on both Steam and Rockstar.
>>
>>315613091
>>315613424
>>315613550

Best buy print a pamplet advertising halo.

They are the publishers of the pamplet. Best Buy are responsible for the contents of that pamplet.

Why is this such a fucking hard concept for people to understand?

It isn't somehow magically different because it's online and not in print.
>>
>>315614295
>that's why I don't use it
Yeh go and use GOG. I hope you enjoy never played Trails in the Sky 3rd as it will be Steam exclusive.
>>
>there are Americans in this thread RIGHT NOW who actually defend the right to be keked by shitty business tactics

Truly a pathetic nation. I'm actually frightened of Americans, it's like giving a hand grenade to a mentally retarded kid.
>>
>>315611262
>Allows companies to walk all over consumers.

Or they just assume the consumer isn't a fucking retard who needs their hands held with every purchase they make. Freedom isn't a safe thing and I than god herself every time I get scammed because it shows there are no restrictions by the government holding anyone back from being a successful businessman.
>>
>>315612583
>Heists providing enough money for anything unless you grind them for hours on end

>>315613227
>Easy as fuck

I'm convinced that anyone who defends Rockstar's shitty online & Shark Card pushing is either braindead or simply new to the game. They have no knowledge of Rockstar raising ammo costs and nerfing everything. Of the original possibility to get over 10,000 fun bux in 2 minutes from any job. Of original race payouts being over 30,000 for first in a race of 16 people, regardless of the length of the race. Talk about revisionism.
>>
>>315614619
The only thing "americans" are defending is being semi literate and not being a knuckle dragging retard.
>>
>>315614625
>Or they just assume the consumer isn't a fucking retard who needs their hands held with every purchase they make.
But every consumer is a fucking retard and needs their hands to be held. With every single purchase they make. I don't really see your point, Anon.
>>
File: milton.jpg (64 KB, 280x396) Image search: [Google]
milton.jpg
64 KB, 280x396
>>315610773
>government intervention
>from a NGO
tok kek Amerikek
False advertising actually hurts other companies much more than it hurts consumers. For a free market to work it has to be illegal to lie to customers.

There was a whole bunch of stores actually selling GTA V at a discount, but Valve just pretended they have a sale so other stores having a sale wasn't big news. It's anticompetitive practices from Valve.
>>
>>315614619
>yuropoor governments don't even respect them enough to allow them to have weapons

lmao
>>
>>315610929
It depends, since Steam is the retailer, it's their advertisement, not Rockstar. Rockstar sets the pricing, but Steam is the one who publishes the advertisement, so if it's misleading it's on them.

Same as if you got a catalogue that had misleading advertising, it would be the store that would get busted, not the vendor.
>>
>when theres a sale companies/stores increase the original price so it makes it look like you are getting a discount
fucking brand news
gtaV is shit anyway but you retards started buying games on this year or something
>>
>>315614393
No they'd be saying "Valve did intentionally misled" which is wrong
>>
>>315610929
They're both at fault. Steam is the one ultimately responsible in how it advertises games and what prices it allows companies to set their games. But that doesn't make Rockstar any less shitty.
>>
>>315614881
I don't see how they didn't do it intentionally.
>>
>>315614619
I'm sorry that I don't need the government to make sure I actually read the store page before I decide whether or not I'm getting a good deal.
>>
>>315614798
>american people don't even respect children enough to not shoot them at school

lmao
>>
>>315612616

>be american
>think british people are stupid

many kekels.
>>
>>315615009
Considering that America is full of retarded shoppers, you apparently do.
>>
File: 1437478080832.jpg (18 KB, 317x311) Image search: [Google]
1437478080832.jpg
18 KB, 317x311
ITT:

"You are a retard"

"No, you are"

repeat infinite till 404
>>
I always wondered why America was so friendly with Israel but after reading this thread I now know why.
>>
File: 1402023323323.jpg (128 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1402023323323.jpg
128 KB, 800x800
>>315610773
>even the retarded /pol/acks got butthurt about this post
Hue. Exercise a bit of personal responsibility you morons. Use your fucking judgement. You're the sorts of retards that first chugged bleach and necessitated all the warnings on the bottles to follow.

This doesn't even count as a Valve fuckup, just the yuro nannystate being commie again. What they should have beens sued for was the San Andreas thing where they took content out of a game you already bought, THAT'S a serious infringement.
>>
>>315615080
Then why is it only Europe crying that their government should teach them how to read a pricetag before purchasing something?
>>
>>315614457
>It isn't somehow magically different because it's online and not in print.
But it is because print can run out of stock whereas digital copies only cease once taken down. Your rampant goalpost moving and overwhelming amount of Best Buy analogies tell me that not only are you completely retarded but that you seem to have some personal agenda against Best Buy.
>>
>Company tricks retards with underhanded business
Companies have the right to do whatever they want
>People get mad and rules are enforced to prevent underhanded business
People have no right to complain about or legislate against scams
>America
>>
>>315611024
4chan is pretty big now, there will be genuine paid shills from many companies or thinktanks.
>>
File: get-a-life-bin-that-knife.jpg (563 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
get-a-life-bin-that-knife.jpg
563 KB, 2048x1536
>>315615036
don't forget to get a life and bin that knife, yurocancer

your governments are responsible for the deaths of millions of civilians throughout the world in the past 500 years. going to be hilarious watching yurocancer get caged like the animals they are when the shit hits the fan.
>>
>>315615225
>>315615162
>>
>>315614978
They're right for the wrong reason, Ignore the nonsense about who mislead misled refers to. The grammatical fault with that sentence is that the word did makes it past tense to then also use misled which is also the past tense is incorrect.
>>
>>315615290
>getting told what's going to happen by a country younger than bricks in my house

toplel
>>
>>315615009
>run Business
>Sell GTA V for highly competitive 30 Pound Sterlingses
>Fat monopolist Gaben comes along with uncompetitive 40 Pound Sterlinges price
>Fat monopolist Gaben wrongly advertises big sale so customers believe it's the best deal they are going to get before Christmas
>Fat monopolist Gaben makes gorillions even though he didn't offer the best deal
How is this fair competition?
>>
>>315615276
>tricks

How is it even a trick when the store page shows the price they marked it up before discounting it to the full retail price? You gotta be one of the dumbest mother fuckers on the planet to think you were getting an actual deal after seeing that.
>>
>>315615225
Does America have anything like the ASA? If there isn't a big entity backing a few consumers up with issues like this, there's very little that could be done in America.
>>
>>315615321
i knew I hated the English for a reason. I mainly just hate stephen fry's stupid fucking face.
>>
File: video games.png (4 KB, 228x254) Image search: [Google]
video games.png
4 KB, 228x254
IT'S THE END OF VALVE AS WE KNOW IT
AND WE FEEL FINE
>>
>>315615290
>your governments are responsible for the deaths of millions of civilians throughout the world in the past 500 years

This coming from an American is hilarious. Thanks for the laugh, Riley, you've made my morning.
>>
>>315615523
We don't need ASA when we got this man.
>>
>>315615321
[tabloids intensify]
>>
>>315615585
Riley is kill m8, haven't seen him for ages
>>
File: 1395914354346.jpg (39 KB, 354x600) Image search: [Google]
1395914354346.jpg
39 KB, 354x600
>Live in Libertarian Utopia
>Leave house
>Forget that my Sidewalk Insurance expired today
>Sirens erupt and Private policeman arrives
>"Sorry sir but there's sidewalks are private property, if you don't have Sidewalk Insurance you're going to have to pay a Sidewalk Toll of $4.99 for today. And because of this conversation you now owe the Private Police 2.99 for services and time rendered, unless you have Police Insurance."
>don't have Police Insurance, have to pay both tolls
>>
>Valve Corporation t/a Steam said the discounts were part of their annual online summer sale, which ran from 11 to 20 June 2015. Individual game publishers and developers determined whether products would be included in the sale and the prices that would be charged for them. The stand-alone Grand Theft Auto game, which normally sold for £39.99, was not reduced. However, the claims that stated it was £38.98, with a saving of 25%, had appeared on the website in error for around three hours at the start of the sale. They said the price claims were the same as those for a separate Grand Theft Auto bundle, which was included in the sale. Because that type of bundle had not been offered before, their software had mislabelled the stand-alone game. They had removed the claims related to the game once they became aware of the error

It's literally nothing.
>>
>>315611809
Since no one came up with a good compariosn, it's like Best Buy selling a hard drive for 10% off but ONLY if you also purchase this cheapass flash drive that costs enough to make up that 10% difference
>>
>>315615538
Hey man, Stephen Fry is one of the only good people to come out of that hellhole, right alongside Sean Connery and Arthur Conan Doyle
>>
>>315615485
Sorry but I'm not going to bother trying to explain this if you're such an inconsiderate moron you start resorting to body shaming.
>>
>>315615231

What? If anything not running out of stock makes it even worse in the case of steam.

You put something on your website, you're responsible for it, even if you're doing it on the behalf of a third party (gee if only there was a term for someone who curates, reproduces and makes public the work of a third party).

They can't even fall back on the argument of it being automated or unmoderated because they chose to make it a prominent featured special which means they were aware of the contents.

I'm not moving the goal posts, I'm making the same point I've been making from the start. Valve published the promotion on their website, they're responsible for the content.
>>
>>315615585
>brainwashed yurocancer actually believes the usa isn't the good guys

like i said. going to be hilarious watching you subhuman cattle get slaughtered without the usa to keep you monkeys in line. the only reason you animals haven't torn each other apart like you always do is because of the presence of the usa. stay brainwashed though, little buddy.
>>
>>315615503
So?
Scams work on stupid people, it doesn't mean we should allow them.
Lots of people are morons, it doesn't mean they deserve to be exploited by some conniving merchant. I never knew Israel was so strong on /v/
>>
>>315615745
Stephen Fry's Harry Potter audiobooks are the only reason I finished that terrible series, that man is a genius with imitating character voices
>>
File: 1336153587312.png (3 KB, 203x215) Image search: [Google]
1336153587312.png
3 KB, 203x215
>>315615523
>Does America have anything like the ASA? If there isn't a big entity backing a few consumers up with issues like this, there's very little that could be done in America.
Apart from reading the pricetag like an adult does you mean. Fuck, you guys are beyond the pale. You're assumed to be a full grown man with a credit card wen you use valve. I really don't know what the Hell is wrong with yuros that they think this is a good thing or a stab at 'le evil corporation'. And I'm really not saying this just to "my country is number 1!" shitfling. I would say this is stupid even if an American consumer group did it. This shit is infantilization of the individual. 'Don't exercise your judgement or your rationality, the government will always be there to pick up your retarded banner.' Fuck.
>>
>>315614227
These mechanism are in place to prevent underhandedness, not save people from being retarded. It's not about whether anyone bought into it, but rather what valve and rockstar did.
>>
>>315615321
This one didn't make it into the collage
>>
>>315615712
They still advertised GTA V as 25% off on the front page. Only when you got to the store page did it show that the base game wasn't discounted.
>>
File: 1444906319640.jpg (71 KB, 577x753) Image search: [Google]
1444906319640.jpg
71 KB, 577x753
>>315615782
>>
>>315615820
It's not a scam if they are completely upfront about everything you're paying for. Now stop belittling my people or get the fuck out of this board.
>>
>>315615712
>It's literally nothing.
Just like their punishment for it. ASA literally said "well make sure it doesn't happen again"
>>
>>315615861
>cover all this up to not start racial tension
>everyone finds out about it and hates pakis even more than they currently do
>>
>>315615771
Steam is a retailer. And online retailer. They sell the products of other people.
>>
>>315610628
>normal day
>Game for £39.99

>Black Friday
>Game from £ 51.99 to £39.99 25% OFF

Isn't that like every Black Friday everywhere?
>>
>>315615924
but they're not, they're saying gtav 25% off when it was only the gtav bundle which was a product they'd never sold until that day. oy vey
>>
>>315615836
Most consumers are retarded. It's just that some retarded consumers have more power than others. And I'm pretty sure the ASA isn't part of the government.
>>
>>315616070
IF YOU SAY ONE MORE NEGATIVE THING ABOUT JEWISH PEOPLE I WILL REPORT YOU!
>>
>>315615980
Retailers are responsible for the advertising they show and and prices they set. That's true for brick&mortar and online stores.
>>
>>315615864
That's misleading in a different way and isn't actually what the ruling was about. It's 100% about Valve having the base game mislabeled as on sale for 3 hours.
>>
File: 1398679486411.jpg (298 KB, 1462x1462) Image search: [Google]
1398679486411.jpg
298 KB, 1462x1462
>>315610773

> Advertisements deliberately design to be misleading is okay
> Preying on stupid consumers is okay
>>
>>315615836
Misleading advertisement is illegal in the US, too, dipshit.
>>
>>315616126
>Be a good goy and buy our products so we can destroy those palestine children and reclaim gaza for our chosen people
>>
>>315616215
There was nothing misleading about it you pathetic fuck. The previous price was right there. Goddamn.
>>
>>315616036
Pretty much, they raise normal price a couple of weeks ahead and then discount down to normal price and advertise as a huge fucking discount when in reality it's not been discounted a single fucking cent from its normal price

America is the only country where you can get away with this because the majority of people are so fucking stupid as to fall for it. And it's the only place you can get away with it legally because despite being basically the same thing as a bait and switch it's not treated as such or even considered illegal to do this

seriously, just watch the prices for something like Walmart in the weeks leading up to black friday, shit will get a price increase out of nowhere only to go back down in time for black friday
>>
>>315616221
That's it I'm reporting you to my friends at the JIDF. Hope that cute post was worth it goy.
>>
>>315615523

Yes, it's called the FTC (Federal Trade Commission). Also, all states and often many municipalities will have their own consumer rights agencies.
>>
>>315616145
>It's 100% about Valve having the base game mislabeled as on sale for 3 hours.
How can anyone possibly argue that, intentionally or not, it isn't misleading then?
>Advertise game as on sale, it isn't actually on sale
>>
File: Drowning in Slimy Poon.png (110 KB, 752x597) Image search: [Google]
Drowning in Slimy Poon.png
110 KB, 752x597
>>315615771
Enjoy being retarded and dense my not-friend
>>
>>315615924

Being honest doesn't prevent it from being fraud. Fraud is about intent.

Hence xbox box or stuff like the Russian scam (you literally just ask someone for their wallet and they give it to you) being illegal.
>>
>>315616128
Yes. That is true. That's why Steam could be liable for shit in this case.

Also, I would think that developers and publishers are the ones that decide the sales price. Since it's easy to do. Still, Steam is ultimately responsible for what they put up on their platform.
>>
>>315616145
Not exactly. The problem was that Steam had both the bundle and base game next to each other if you searched for GTAV but only one was on sale.

The ASA is saying that because they were both "GTAV" that people seeing the bundle on sale might be misleadinto buying the base game thinking the discount would also apply to it even though it didn't say that anywhere.
>>
>>315616310
Well I better stop hiding in this hospital then as that's the first place they'll blow up looking for me
>>
>>315614457
I think we're talking about different kinds of publishers here.
>>
>>315616296
Pretending the game is on sale when it isn't is misleading.
At the exact same time you could buy the game for 20% off on other stores. By pretending to have a sale Valve fooled customers into not looking for better deals.
>>
>>315616346
Different entities, different standards. They do operate similarly, but with FTC having a greater scope. And it also being part of the government.
>>
>>315610773
>being a jew
>>
>idiots who can't read get tricked out of their money
>this is a bad thing
>>
File: 1429521291831.gif (1021 KB, 421x389) Image search: [Google]
1429521291831.gif
1021 KB, 421x389
>>315611547
>/v/ is gay as fuck
>hate gays
>>
>>315616648
I think I would prefer the chance of idiots being scammed to be low as possible. It only makes the use of bad consumer practices in businesses to get all the retards to buy shit from them. And fuck that.
>>
>>315616657
>/v/ is gay as fuck
Speak for yourself you flaming faggot.
>>
File: laugh track intensifies.webm (235 KB, 488x318) Image search: [Google]
laugh track intensifies.webm
235 KB, 488x318
>>315616916
>husbando threads
>bara threads
>trap threads
Speak for yourself too.
>>
File: 1309824321960.gif (11 KB, 730x413) Image search: [Google]
1309824321960.gif
11 KB, 730x413
>>315616775
Okay, you actually got me there, If it could actually improve the industry.
>>
File: 1422094083707.jpg (44 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
1422094083707.jpg
44 KB, 640x427
>>315617020
>faggots are loud and obnoxious
Thanks, Captain Obvious
>>
In the uk its supposed to be illegal to have something on sale for longer than it was full price because if the sale price it the price it most often is then that should be regarded as it's normal price and it's misleading to advertise it as a great saving if 9/12 months that's its normal price. For example having a certain tv for sale at 400 for a week then putting it as 350 for a month and advertising it as save 50. The tv would have to be full price for over a month or the sale would have to last less than a week.
So the real issue that asa never went to is how can the bundle be advertised as 25% off when it was never previously available?
Steam say the bundle was 51.98, but when? You could not of bought that bundle for 51.98 because it was immediately created and priced at 39.98 to claim that was 25% off is misleading
>>
>>315610628
Wait, don't publishers rule over prices ? I thought steam was just a distributor.
>>
Basically the ASA is saying that Valve can't have a marked down bundle for sale while also having the base game for sale.

This means in the future if a company wants to do another bundle sale like this on Steam they have to delist the base game completely for the sale's duration.
>>
>>315616648
No matter how you view it, in the end it is still taking advantage of mentally deficit people.
>>
File: 1230920711391.png (19 KB, 300x309) Image search: [Google]
1230920711391.png
19 KB, 300x309
>>315616473
>At the exact same time you could buy the game for 20% off on other stores. By pretending to have a sale Valve fooled customers into not looking for better deals.
What the SHIT? By offering a transparently bad deal Valve hurt it's competitors who were offering better deals? Go fuck yourself you retarded socialist, I hope you're struck by a fast-moving automobile and die waiting for care. The onus is on the consumer to do the legwork and investigate and secure the best deal possible for himself. Jesus fucking Christ in trying to child-proof the world you retards are only going to destroy it.
>>
>>315617032
People who don't know any better tend to be pretty easy pickings. Imagine what businesses like Apple or Activision would make if they actually innovated their shit. Products that are still shit, but not quite as shitty. That just raises the bar for everybody.
>>
File: 1399635885789.jpg (229 KB, 850x850) Image search: [Google]
1399635885789.jpg
229 KB, 850x850
It's not about the pricing, you morons. It's a bait and switch. Which is illegal in the US too.
>>
What happens if Valve ignores this?
>>
>>315617434
nothing
>>
>>315617434

The Queen has Gaben sent to the Tower of London.
>>
>>315617408
>It's not about the pricing, you morons. It's a bait and switch. Which is illegal in the US too.
Yeah that's why the ASA mentioned the price in their ruling but made no mention of bait-and-switch.
>>
>>315617408
You have to be truly retarded to think that because 35% applies to a bundle it applys to the base game as well....for no real reason.

More proof britbongs are full fuckin retard.
>>
>>315617282
But the deal wasn't transparent. It was wrongly advertised on the front page for the full duration of the sale.

It's like a brick&mortar store putting a sign up "EVERYTHING ON SALE TODAY", but when customers actually go into the store they say "sorry, but this item isn't on sale but you can buy this bundle with worthless digital currency for a great discount".
They lied to the customer so he wouldn't walk past the shop window and get to the next store where GTA V was actually on sale.
>>
Didn't the advertisements for Left4Dead1 mislead people into thinking it had more weapons than it did?

Like it said "More than 11 weapons!" or some shit when the game had like, 7.
>>
File: 1426762761963.png (456 KB, 396x446) Image search: [Google]
1426762761963.png
456 KB, 396x446
>>315617282
And which company did you say you work for, Mr.Shillington?
>>
>>315617615
>summer sale = everything on sale

Top kek

>not looking at the checkout or the price on the add to cart

Toppest of keks.
>>
>>315617617
Uh, yeah, something like that. They added up the melee weapons which technically made it so that they weren't lying, but the wording they used kinda implied that they were talking about just the guns.
>>
>>315617515
It's actually stupider than that because the base game couldn't be bought during the sale.

People were looking at the £39.99 bundle clearly marked down from £51.99, and thinking that because it was £39.99 that it must be the base game. Therefore the advertised -25% must be an extra unmarked discount in addition to reduction from £51.99.
>>
>>315617503
>Suddenly once the sale began, the original version of GTA V was not available for sale, and instead the only products advertised were the game bundled with other things such as cash cards for GTA Online.
An intentionally misleading add that pulls you in to the store for one product only to have a different one there is the issue. The article doesn't call it a bait and switch, possibly because BRITBONGIA IS A DIFFERENT COUNTRY WITH DIFFERENT RULES THAT CALLS THINGS BY DIFFERENT NAMES, but in the US that's a blatant bait and switch.

>>315617515
Still illegal regardless.
>>
>>315617707
They advertised GTA V as being 25% off on the front page. It wasn't. Only the useless bundle was. Customers believed the bundle was a good deal because the "steam makes the best deals" meme. No customer bothered to check other websites where the game was significantly cheaper.

Valve offered the worst deal on the market and still made a killing = market failure due to anticompetitive advertisement.
>>
>>315617717
>They added up the melee weapons which technically
I said left4dead1.
>>
>only a warning issued
>hehehe time to shitpost :^)
bravo children
>>
>>315617831
This.

The crux of the issue lay in Steam removing the original for their store and making it look like the original was still there. Which they only did just as the sale started.

The pricing of the product isn't the issue. The issue is the bait and switch.
>>
>OI M8, DA FOOKIN BLACK AN WITE GEAR HAS A SALE ON ROOTY TOOTY CAR AND SHOOTY FIVE.

>>YOU FOOKIN COONT, GIVE ME THE SLIDEY NUMBA CARD, IT SAYS A WHOLE HALF POUND OFF*

>U DIKHEAD WANKA, IT SAYS ITS UNDISCOUNTED ON THE STORE PAGE.

>>I SWER ON ME MUM, IM GOING TO CALL THE BOBBYS. IF I SEE GABEN IMA GLASS HIM ONE GOOD.

*translator notes: it did not actually say this
>>
>>315617615
>They lied to the customer so he wouldn't walk past the shop window and get to the next store where GTA V was actually on sale.
That's a nonsense fucking sentence. Did they break his legs? Did they stop him from continuing looking at competing offers to make sure he was getting the best deal which you're ALWAYS supposed to do?
>>315617635
None and like I said I think valve should have been taken to court over San Andreas and in fact have stopped buying from them since that happened, but I fucking hate boneheaded court decisions which actively antagonize businesses and infantilize a population even more. Fuck you you retarded child.
>>
The ASA doesn't even have any power in the UK. Nobody takes them seriously.
>>
>>315614437

It's funny because part of why you hate the SJWs is because they agree with you.

>There are no bad methods, only bad targets.

They'll do anything and everything to get what they want, and fuck anyone who gets stepped on.

> We are by nature a competitive species

We are, by our natures, a social species. That's our strength.

Before we had civilization (people like you always love talking about nature, so I figure that this is a good place to start), we worked in teams to take down our prey and our natural enemies.
When we got injured, we yelled and held the injured body part as an appeal for help to our kin, who would then come our aid. This survival tactic remains in place today.
Speech was developed as a part of this social nature. As a highly social animal, we benefited from the increased cooperation.
When we began to notice that plants grow from seeds, we worked together to build villages driven by agriculture, working so that they could all live in greater prosperity and comfort.

Humanity has always thrived on looking out for each other. Sociopaths are a blight that drags everyone down, including themselves (as they fail to realize that they, too, are a member of the community that they're shooting in the foot).
>>
File: 1446764508822.webm (710 KB, 432x424) Image search: [Google]
1446764508822.webm
710 KB, 432x424
>>315617956

Great, the Aussies are here shitposting.
>>
>>315617831
So what you're saying is looking at a store one day and seeing a game for 39.99, then going back the next day and seeing there's only one version of that game available and it's priced at 39.99 with a sign over it saying 25% off isn't misleading?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 68

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.