[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do Game Freak and The Pokémon Company seem to hate their
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 48223-Chandelure_10.jpg (273 KB, 1600x1241) Image search: [Google]
48223-Chandelure_10.jpg
273 KB, 1600x1241
Why do Game Freak and The Pokémon Company seem to hate their relationship with Nintendo?
>>
Because Game Freak is a bunch of assholes. They just love being dickheads to everybody. That's the only reason they do anything.
>>
>>313311931

They're probably tired of making Pokemon forever or upset they don't have as much control as they want.
>>
>>313311931
because they know they wouldn't survive without nintendo's assistance in development

if you couldn't tell by the quality, they do not really have reasonably skilled developers
>>
What's the difference between GF and TPC?
>>
>>313313357
TPC is a subset of Nintendo while GF is completely independent from them

The rights of Pokémon are divided evenly between GF, TPC, and Nintendo as a whole, giving Nintendo a little more than 66% of the rights while GF themselves has around 33%
>>
>>313311931
I imagine they see themselves as separate brand from Nintendo, and don't like Pikachu getting lumped with Mario, Link, and Samus as often as it is
>>
What are you basing this off? They wouldn't be shit if it wasn't for Nintendo.

And to anyone saying all they do is Pokémon, did you already forget about Tembo?
>>
>>313313694
>What are you basing this off?
The fact that outside of Smash, Pikachu and Pokémon as a whole are seldom allowed to cameo in other Nintendo games. Pokémon amiibo are compatible with Smash, Mario Maker, and nothing else. Even the third party characters get you costumes in Yoshi's Wooly World and Mario Kart 8, but Pikachu's amiibo does nothing.

Also, funny you bring up Tembo, given that the game is available on every console EXCEPT Nintendo ones.
>>
>>313311931
Because epic nintendoom clickbait, rumors and memes.
>>
>>313311931
No idea, but I'd love to see a mainline pokemon game developes by a competent dev
>>
>>313314025
Your first point is because the Pokemon company are weird as fuck and don't want pokemon to be used to advertise other IPs, but other IPs can advertise pokemon.

For example. Pokemon in smash is okay because Smash is a big IP and Pokemon can benefit from the exposure. Yoshis Wooly World is not a big IP and Pokemon would not benefit from inclusion. Basically, TPC are really picky about how shit is handled.
>>
>>313313150
>They're probably tired of making Pokemon forever

Maybe they should make more shit like HarmoKnight or Pulseman then.

Literally nobody is stopping them. Also Tembo was shit.
>>
>>313315541
They'd have to gain funding, they're a dev not a publisher.

Sega provides the funding for Tembo, for example, and Nintendo moneyhatted Harmoknight to my recollection. In fact they probably have the funds to become a small digital only publisher due to the Pokemon money, but it's likely that the higher ups would have to divert their funds and actually be responsible for their own actions for once. Theres no way in hell Tembo turned a profit for Sega.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.