[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is FFXIV even fun I got a key from some dude for free but im
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: FFXIV-Conjurer.jpg (427 KB, 889x1292) Image search: [Google]
FFXIV-Conjurer.jpg
427 KB, 889x1292
Is FFXIV even fun

I got a key from some dude for free but im not sure if its worth the time

All I heard was that paladin and gunner sucks and I should avoid 8 man content with randoms
>>
It's just another shitty MMO except full of weebs.
>>
>>321381623
From what I've heard ARR is as good as WoW clones get.
Although like WoW it also has subscription fee, so it would not only require a lot of time investment from you, but a lot of god old financial investment as well.
>>
>>321381623
Its a themepark MMO and the theme is final fantasy. Its a good JRPG plot with an MMO as the gameplay system and in that regard its pretty good. Nothing too mold breaking, and there isnt a lot of build variety but what is there is incredibly well polished and fairly well balanced. You will either love or hate the global cooldown based combat, its very polarizing.

Paladin and "Gunner" are sub-optimal but now that everyone is able to gear up to 210 so easily you can still clear anything without too much problems. 8man content with randoms is fine except things like EX primals and hardmode raids. Everything else is not too bad in that respect.

Being at endgame right now sucks a lot because the last couple content patches were really unsubstancial. If you are a new player though there is a lot of stuff to do and by the time you are done we will be pushing into the next patch.
>>
>>321381938
12 dollars for a month seems reasonable since i have time to play a couple of hours a day.

I'll just see how the free 30 days go, does race and gender actually matter?
>>
>>321382112
If you just to be a cute anime girl - go for it.
>>
>>321382112
at endgame your race and tribe contribute somewhere in the league of 0.01% of your DPS/HPS so it really doesnt matter at all and gender doesn't affect it at all.

But if you play a c@ be on your best behaviour because we are sick of your shit.
>>
>>321383338
>But if you play a c@
A seadog? You mean a roegadyn?
>>
2-2.55 was fun
3.0 Felt like a Final Fantasy game
End game after 3.0 is trash

Regret giving that hack, Yoshi my money.
>>
>>321383483
>c@
Come on, you can do it. Sound it out.
>>
>>321383715
That's exactly what I did.
>c@
>c dog
>sea dog
Fits one of the game's races perfectly.
>>
File: baits of war.jpg (219 KB, 837x768) Image search: [Google]
baits of war.jpg
219 KB, 837x768
>>321383875
How the everliving fuck do you get "dog" out of @?
>>
>>321381623
It gets old extremely fast, though it has nice aesthetics.
>>
>>321383993
That's what this symbol is commonly called.
>>
>>321384063
It also doesn't help that there's no itemization or class/job customization.
>>
Maintenece over, all they did was prevent people who don't use their houses from being evicted since today is the day for that. No news on when they will be though, actually no new info at all. What the fuck.
>>
>>321382039
>Machinist
>suboptimal
Nice meme
>>
>>321384070
Is this guy for real?
>>
>>321383993
You call it "at" we call it dog.
>>
>>321386451
I'm not "meme"ing, I've just never seen them do as well as bards and no one seems to take them in serious progression parties. If they are on-par I certainly haven't seen the evidence for it but I am more than willing to see the evidence if you have it.
>>
>>321381623
I'm not going to lie to you, I'm only in this game because of how nice it looks. Starting fresh and going all the way through the heavensward content is a fucking hell of a slog, especially with all the filler and fetch quests in your way. Then at the end it's literally just doing the same 4 dungeons and 2 raids as endgame. PVP is dead.

That dude probably just wants you to sub for 90 days so he can get his special chocobo mount, or enough recruit a friend points to get a special dragon mount.

I mean, I want them myself, but I'm not about to sucker someone into it just for that.
>>
who waiting for a house here?
>>
Guy who subbed 3 months then stopped here. Don't really regret it. Played lancer/goon up till lvl 51ish?

Startibg out is kinda slow and boring because they drip feed you new systems and shit. When you hit lvl 10-15 and travel out of your start zone and have everything unlocked it really picks up.

Tips for beginners: there are a billion ways to level. Hunting logs sightseeing logs side quests guild hestes guild leves Dungeon rotations etc. Don't eat up all your side quests leveling your primary class as you will pass back through the start areas to level your other classes. Remeber you can be every class with just one character. Changing appearance is free/ig gold, changing name/race costs money.

Guild leves are best way to level fast, bit grindy and repetetive though. It's advised you have one main class and level it to 50 or almost 50 since you get an expert bonus to your exp rate as long as you have one class a higher lvl than the one you're leveling.
>>
>>321381623
expansion was shit, don't play it
>>
>>321392910
PS: don't sell old gear you have a bottomless chest in any inn room and you can use it for alt classes. For real duckets sell crafting mats on the market place, or craft yourself - its only necessary for some really high end tertiary content though so optional unless you're a conpletionist
>>
>>321381623
It's a blander, more sterile version of post-cata WoW. Unless you're really into themepark gear treadmill MMO's, just don't bother.
>>
This game should not have been called Final Fantasy.

XI was a Final Fantasy game and a MMO second
XIV just feels like a WoW clone trying too hard to be Final Fantasy, Yoshida has no respect for the Final Fantasy brand.
>>
Eh I had enough fun while I played but endgame gets boring fast, it's the blandest and most blatant gear treadmil I've ever seen. Once you'vde done the Extreme versions of the Primals at least once you've seen the best the game has to offer. After that it's just a grind. But like anything it'll still be fun if you're playing with friends I guess. I never found a guild with more than one or two decent players
>>
>>321393305
>XI was a Final Fantasy game
You have no respect for the series either.
>>
>>321393305
>>321393454
You're both retarded
>>
FF14 is really good until you hit end game which is very lame
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.