[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>From my point of view its Neverwinter citizens who are evil
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: Neverwinter_Nights_2_box_art.jpg (29 KB, 250x357) Image search: [Google]
Neverwinter_Nights_2_box_art.jpg
29 KB, 250x357
>From my point of view its Neverwinter citizens who are evil
Fucking really?
I bet obsidian drones will defend this terrible writing because "muh grey morality"
>>
Aribeth is literally female Anakin.
>>
>>321072517
Sub-sub-BBEG steals the cure by tricking absolutely everyone, and also by him and his cronies posing as clerics of A GOD OF WATCHERS AND GUARDIANS, WHO SAYS AND DOES NOTHING WHILE HIS CLERGY IS SLAUGHTERED AND AN EVIL CULT IS SPREADING MAGICAL PLAGUE IN THEIR GARB, mob demands the death of a clueless elf WHO IS A HIGH-RANKING CLERIC OF THE GOD OF JUSTICE, Nasher hangs A HIGH-RANKING CLERIC OF THE GOD OF JUSTICE to appease the fucking mob, GOD OF JUSTICE SAYS AND DOES ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, Aribeth falling and deciding to help kill everyone was the only semi-reasonable decision made by an NPC by that point. Also she was getting mindraped by the lizard people, which was contributory to some degree.
>>
NWN 1 and 2 vanilla are subpar though. HOTU and MOTB are much better, and so are the modules. Don't think anyone will ever defend vanilla NWN/2
>>
>>321074659
You'd think that but you'd be wrong. Your average CRPG fan is indoctrinated from birth to eat shit and like it. They'll say it looked better than NWN1, even though the sharper textures, higher polygon count and more particle effects only served to reveal how incompetent, uninspired and lazy everyone in the visual department was, they will say the story is better even though it's a badly-paced mess consisting mainly of repetitive, overly long filler that was an issue in NWN1 as well, and they will claim the retarded dwarf fighter was great and complain about the romance with the whiny psychopathic manchild tiefling getting cut.
>>
>>321074659
If I'm gonna play with a friend, and want to introduce him to it, which of the games would be best though? As I understand, some of them are single player only.
>>
I really don't know why people jizz all over motb and shit on the oc for nwn2. Yes the oc is fairly generic. But the game play is a hell of a lot of fun (the crossroads keep interactions are the best I've seen in an rpg; puts the Pillars of Eternity stronghold to shame). And motb is just a bunch of vague high fantasy nonsense. I'll take a bland but coherent story over a novel but vague one.
>>
File: 1277348333621.jpg (10 KB, 292x215) Image search: [Google]
1277348333621.jpg
10 KB, 292x215
>>321076141
Let me know when you're done constructing that strawman so I can help you tear apart their shitty arguments! They're so dumb LOL!
>>
>>321076141
That's...unfortunate. There are so many better games to drone as CRPG fans. Games that are actually GOATs.

>>321076304
The best idea would be to check out the modules available for download. Pick an adventure that sounds intriguing to both of you, and play it.
>>
>>321076563
Fucking biodrone
>>
>>321076491
So you prefer low fantasy to high fantasy enough to claim that bland slop of a story with intermittent facebook-tier stronghold management minigames that was nwn2 oc was better than motb because motb was 'a bunch of vague high fantasy nonsense'? Maybe stick to low fantasy, then.
>>
File: 5a2.jpg (88 KB, 570x855) Image search: [Google]
5a2.jpg
88 KB, 570x855
Aribeth was my first vidya crush
>>
File: 1423866187134.jpg (42 KB, 726x490) Image search: [Google]
1423866187134.jpg
42 KB, 726x490
>>321077461
I do prefer low fantasy, but the oc (or anything FR D&D) isn't exactly low fantasy. What I hate is "high fantasy nonsense". Like

>"There is a GREAT and POWERFUL enemy we must face!"
>"What are his powers?"
>"...GREAT AND POWERFUL"

It's just really uninteresting to me, and strikes me as lazy writing. And yes I hate Tolkien.

Anyway, if you didn't like the crossroads keep stuff, you didn't even have to do it. But I like keep management stuff, and it tied into the story very nicely. Calling it facebook-tier is pretty unfair, senpai.
>>
>>321076698
Every game has weird creepy fans, but bad games only have weird creepy fans.
>>
>>321076491
People always praise MotB but forget about the second expansion, Storm of Zehir which is probably the closest thing we'll ever get to the P&P experience in a modern cRPG.
>>
>>321078412
Because SoZ was bad, and precisely for the reason you mentioned. P&P experience requires other players and a game master. SoZ was an equivalent of sitting alone in your room and soloing some cheap prefab adventure, speaking in funny voices because you're trying to roleplay four different characters at once.
>>
File: 1437969839485.jpg (25 KB, 398x500) Image search: [Google]
1437969839485.jpg
25 KB, 398x500
>>321077523
Let Aribeth stay an edgelord in Hordes of the Underdark. Still romance her anyway. "You will never have my love hero, but you do have my lust"

Could have gone worse.
>>
>>321077902
Red more. Seriously. You sound like you grew up exclusively on Sword of Ass and Fire and extruded easy reading.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.