[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Hearts of Stone worth buying?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: witcher-3-expansion-1-header-2.jpg (37 KB, 640x353) Image search: [Google]
witcher-3-expansion-1-header-2.jpg
37 KB, 640x353
Is Hearts of Stone worth buying?
>>
Just pirate it.
>>
>>318293861
It's better than the base game. Plus it's pretty cheap considering I got like almost 20 hours of playtime out of it.

>>318293926
Fag
>>
>>318293861
I've heard nothing but praise from people who enjoyed the original Witcher 3, claiming that it's basically the best of TW3 condensed into shorter narrative. On the other hand, I've also heard that it changes next to nothing mechanically, so if you did not like TW3, you are likely not to enjoy HoS. Personally, I can't wait to give it a try, but would need to start a whole new playthrough of TW3 and I just don't have the time for it... now. I'll probably wait till the other expansion is out and some decent mods have settled in, then happily sink another 150 hours into it.
>>
>>318294167
What, you lost your save files? That must suck. I can't imagine doing a re-run of a 150h game any time soon considering how little I play anything these days.
>>
>>318294167
Always back up your saves, bro. Also, it gives you the option to start with a level 32 Geralt to play HoS if you don't have a save file
>>
>>318294167
>>318294803

there's an option in-game to jump right into HoS with a pre-levelled character with a set amount of coins, gear, skills etc.

it locks you out of the other quest content though, it's just for HoS
>>
absolutely, its actually better than the vanilla story.

this is the real GOTY
>>
>>318294803
>>318294985
I haven't lost the saves and I know about the option to start with a level 30 character from scratch, but I stopped playing half a year ago with a level 40+ endgame character, vastly overpowered for the purpose and I just don't really feel like jumping into the middle of the game right now - seems like cheating, honestly.

I had the time of my life with TW3, and I plan to replay all of it - in fact I can't wait to do it and had I have the time I'd be already doing just that, but it's just a very inopportune time for that right now.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (95 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
95 KB, 1280x720
>>318293861
His smile fair as spring, as towards him he draws you
His tongue sharp and silvery, as he implores you
Your wishes he grants, as he swears to adore you
Gold, silver, jewels- he lays riches before you
Dues need be repaid, and he will come for you
All to reclaim, no smile to console you
He'll snare you in bonds, eyes glowin', afire
To gore and torment you, till the stars expire
>>
>>318295303
>they got a bunch of children to sing this
>>
Meh, kind of hard to get into. Unless you want to spend 120$ on packs right from the get-go. And even then, you'll only be able to construct some aggresive Warlock/Hunter decks.
>>
>>318293861
Definitely, it's very well written and has some challenging boss fights. The main story in it is arguably better than in the base game. It's also very cheap for what it does.

>>318293926
ignore this nigger.
>>
>>318295896
wut
>>
>>318296321
The joke is that the name "hearts of stone" is very similar to the card game Hearthstone by Blizzard.
>>
Pirate it. then burn 10 dollars and feel good about losing 10 dollars.
>>
DLC or season pass?

I was gonna get the DLC anyway since I thoroughly enjoyed the main game. Just trying to save some bucks.
>>
>>318293861
Daily reminder that just the expansion pack for W3 was rated higher than Fallout 4
>>
>>318296902
dlc for the cards m8
>>
File: 66.png (62 KB, 1121x322) Image search: [Google]
66.png
62 KB, 1121x322
>>318297042
Well...
>>
>>318297436
>AI and pathfinding still strawberry
Kek everytime.
>>
>>318296107
I'm still in my first playthrough of the main game, should I install the DLC now or am I supposed to beat the main game first?
>>
>>318293861
yes
>>
>>318293926
Reported
>>
I thought all witcher 3 dlc was free? Wasn't there some red insert with the game claiming this?
>>
>>318297893
You can do it whenever you please, it's separate content that doesn't tie to the main story. The only requirement is that you have to be at least level 30.
>>
>>318299483
The little extra updates were free, you'd be stupid to expect any devs to hand out new content worth dozens of hours for free.
>>
>>318299483
This is an expansion pack that adds a substantial amount of content. Sure, it's technically downloadable content but they also made clear they were going to have some priced expansions.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.