[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Competitive Mode is Shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 9
>Draw in comp match
>Goes to overtime
>COINFLIPLOL
>Lose because opponents get whichever side that map favours

>Teammate leaves comp match
>"After 50 seconds you can leave without penalty"
>Leave match after 50 seconds
>Get penalised with loss and derank

>Can't leave because of penalty
>Obviously lose in a 5v6
>Rank-Meter decreases same amount as if it were 6v6

>Someone on enemy team leaves comp match
>5 of them stay because of penalty
>We obviously win
>Ranked-Meter goes up by barely anything

Who thought any of this was a good idea? The coin flip bullshit needs nothing else said on the matter, but if someone leaves due to salt or a shitty connection, why should EVERYONE then get punished regardless of which team they were on? If this were any other fee2pay game then odds are there would be some shitty in-game purchase you could buy to fix it and give dem Jews more sheckles. But in Overwatch not even Blizzard gain anything from it because the only shit you can buy is cosmetics, there's no way of "fixing" it.

The reward isn't even spectacular if you win. "Here's some more in-game currency that takes fucking forever to actually buy anything with, which we'll probably make purchasable in a couple months time!" Seriously, how can Blizzdrones defend this garbage.
>>
>modern pvp game is shit

Stop the presses.
>>
Yeah, i find competitive a joke as well OP. Just stick to quick play and have fun.
>>
>tfw yesterday I went up 5 fucking ranks
>tfw today I lost 6 ranked matches in a row and went down 4 ranks
>tfw they put me in potato teams
>tfw they put me against teams that show that all six players are in a group whereas my team has no groups
>tfw have to play attack on anubis
>tfw the defending team always has at least 2 torbs and a symmetra
>tfw theres always a shitter insisting on picking widow or hanzo when defending
>tfw someone on my team leaves
>tfw I don't give a shit about my EXP points being penalized, just dont drop my rank if a team mate leaves

Competitive is ass, as it is. I couldn't give two shits about being penalized, I just don't wanna drop a rank because some asshole ragequit.

also, If you main tracer you need to get shot ASAP.
>>
>>345289286
don't be a bitch, get a golden weapon like a real man!
>>
>Competitive
>Casual
>Shooter

Why don't you stop giving a fuck and have fun

Yes, you are bad

Yes, you're going to lose.

Grow a pair and get better.

Only thing complaining is going to increase is your words per minute.
>>
>>345289286
>Competitive is ass
>They pit my raggety ass teams against a 6 people who are in a group and use all the dirty, cheap MLG tactics like torb stacking or bastion being shielded by reinhardt
>Fuck it, im going to quickplay
>It's filled with LOL SO RANDUMB XDD shitter teams picking the same hero
>they get angry at me for suggesting they play right

Competitive is slowly killing this game for me. Im losing interest in it.
>>
>>345288893
>"After 50 seconds you can leave without penalty"
>Leave match after 50 seconds
>Get penalised with loss and derank

Dropped 4 rank levels because of this. Out of all the bugs and shit in this game, this one irks me the most.

At least in other games, if this happens, the other team gets full win benefits so it goes both ways. In this case you're fucked no matter what
>>
File: cant you see.gif (186 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
cant you see.gif
186 KB, 320x240
>TF2 competitive mode is garbage
>Overwatch competitive mode is garbage
>CS:GO competitive mode is garbage

Why don't you people take the hint and just enjoy custom servers?

These games aren't Quake or Unreal, they're made for children and casuals. They don't warrant any competitive definition.
>>
File: 12e5900183d51fb38b0cbab43d33113c.png (270 KB, 1229x1031) Image search: [Google]
12e5900183d51fb38b0cbab43d33113c.png
270 KB, 1229x1031
>>345289503
>Put in 5v6 scenario in teamwork-based shooter
>On a ma that heavily favours opposing team
>Git gud :^)
>>
>>345289416
>if you main tracer you need to get shot

Fucking this.
>Playing ecort
>defending
>coordinate with team to kill 5 enemies
>fuck yeah team work bitch
>some random tracer appears out of the fucking blue and touches the payload at 0.01 seconds
>game goes into overtime
>shitter tracer is just running around using blink and recall like an asshole to keep the overtime timer from running out.
>It's me as winston and a zenyatta who are left guarding the payload
>the rest of the enemy team arrives
>we get our shit pushed in because we were weak as fuck from the last fight

I always assume the people who pick tracer or torbjorn are the worst kinds of assholes.

One is an ADHD retard who doesn't have the patience to use tactics and needs to go fast and run everywhere.

The other is just a straight up cheap lazy fuck who sets himself as far away as possible while letting the auto aim do the killing for him.

If you use either of these you need to fucking die right now.

>inb4 buttmad tracer and torb faggots.
>>
>>345290173
>overwatch
>custom servers

HEH
>>
>>345290304
I know your anger anon, but there's no excuse for not being able to kill a "Shitter Tracer" with a god damn Winston.
>>
thank fuck i didn't fall for this meme
maybe when they have a working competitive mode
>>
>>345290304
>If you use either of these you need to fucking die right now.
>Play Torbjorn, but actually pull my weight and leave Sentry on guard duty near objective
Nigger, not all Torb are shit and my 50%+ Armor upkeep says "hi."
>>
>>345290304
>couldn't kill a lone discourded tracer as Winston in time to run down the OT
>>
>>345290557
its not as easy as it sounds dude. While its true that winstons weapon auto aims, its still weak as fuck ans when you have an ebemy thats fast and can teleport as it pleases and then use recall to regain its health, its hard to kill it, especially when youre worried about not getting hit sin e youre weak as fuck
>>
>>345290275
Post rank.
>>
>>345290571
Did you even read what I wrote, nigger?
I said I hate torbjorn because he's so effective and so cheap. Not because he's shit.

Im saying torb players are scum. The cheapest of the cheap. You know your stupid turret will rack up kills even if you yourself don't do shit.

fuck you, faggot. Torb and tracer are the definition of anti fun.
>>
>>345289653
I know that pain
I almost want to quit when I see that the entire other team is in a group and my team is just a bunch of loners.

Thanks Blizzard.
>>
>>345288893
>How can Blizzdrones defend this
Nigger everyone hates comp mode. the state it's in is awful. Whoever says otherwise needs to off themselves without hesitation.
>>
A good Tracer has no real counter besides the entire team shooting her at once, which means they are not shooting the other enemies.

>Flashbang
>Tracer can just warp through it and now it has a long cool down

>Winston's gun
>Weak damage and Tracer can just retreat and heal
>>
>>345291001
Fair enough I guess, it's easier to take out annoying Genji's or Lucio's as him I suppose.

>>345291013
Was 69, after losing about 5 games, 4 of which were due to quitters, I'm now sitting at a comfy 67.
>>
>>345291203
>cheap
>Lazy
Former, yes, although just learn to aim at the turret. :^)
>Lazy
This is my complaint you asshat.
I set turret midrange so it can range out people at various angles, 40 meters only gives you so much headway.
The auto aim is insanely useful, but fuck being my only source of damage.

Also, PC, if you were wondering.
Tracer is anti-fun, I agree, but you are angling yourself poorly.
>>
>>345290275
>Giving a fuck about your rank

See, this is where you fucked up.

MMR in any game is pointless and stupid.
>>
>>345291447
Ok, so you admit you're a cheap cunt.

That's all I care about. You can use him all you want, all I wanted was to hear a torb user say himself he's a cheap faggot.

Thanks.
>>
>>345290304
Replace Tracer with Mei and I'd say you've got a mighty fine post there, anon.
>>
>>345291447
>turret
>being your only source of damage

the fuck? That rivet gun is powerful

even more when you use your Ult. Some say its even broken.
>>
>>345291695
yeah, Mei is fucking ass too.
>>
>>345291629
No problem Anon.
I also use him solely because he's the ONLY Builder. And I like building constructs/summoning shit.
Symmetra is a Trapper more than a Builder, her shit dies in 1 hit and is only good for slowing you down/doing that last bit of damage.
>>
>>345291753
I think you replied to the wrong person, I agree, shit's insanely good and has some INSANE damage irrelevant of range.
>>
>>345289653

Welp, if this serves as a consolation, i barely play this game anymore if im alone. Only do it when at least one my friends are willing to play. Guess i spent all my energy on the first week it launched, dont regret it though, was a fun week.
>>
File: because dennis is a bastard man.gif (964 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
because dennis is a bastard man.gif
964 KB, 500x281
>>345288893
Am I just bad or is Mei really fucking impossible to beat in one on one situations? Seriously she's super not fun to fight against and I can never out DPS her before I'm frozen and then she just stands there and gets free headshots. If you get the drop on her she just cryo freezes and throws an ice wall between you before freezing your ass again

slowdown mechanics suck in FPS games and I have no idea how to beat her. I lose one on one against Mei while using goddamn DVA for christ's sake. My tank can't even do the job
>>
>>345291829
That's funny. Yesterday I went on a 25 kill streak with Symmetra. Those turrets are lethal if you know how to use them.
>>
>>345292089
No, its not you. You are going to lose 9 out of 10 times when you fight a Mei who on a one on one.

Even if you manage to avoid being frozen, she'll just freeze herself, refil her life meter and then put a wall between you and her and she'll run way. Only to come back at full health and do the same.
>>
>>345291494
Rank is important because you get a bonus payout of competitivecoins at the end of the season based on your highest achieved rank
>>
>>345292089
Roadhog usually puts most people down. But most of the time Mei will take you on like a bitch and come at you from behind or just circle around you while freezing you.
>>
>>345288893
I love it when I end up against a pre-made team in the solo queue and get to choose between losing outright, or dropping out before the game begins and losing by default.

I love it when an enemy player leaves before the end of a match because their team was losing and it ruins the xp I would've won

I love it when it takes 3 wins to make up for a
single loss

I love it when someone on my team quits and I get to chose between losing outright, or dropping out mid game and losing by default

I love it when the enemy stacks heroes because overtime is so easy to abuse and 2 Winston, 2 Tracer, 2 Lucio can make overtime unlimited

I love it when the enemy stacks heroes because multiple Bastions, Symmetras, and Torbjorns are a low skill, hard to counter set up

I love it when retards "pick their favourite" either because they're edgelords, or they think ninjas are cool, or they fap to their waifu

I love it when people think they can "main"

I love when people never change their strategy and just throw themselves at the enemy constantly

I love the fact that overtime can occur whenever the enemy contests the point, and not when one side is legitimately close to capturing, or reaching the next checkpoint

I love sudden death giving you next to no time to accomplish anything to decide the match, instead of awarding the win to the team that made the most progress in the shortest time

I love that despite all that Beta testing, heroes are still having to be buffed and nerfed almost constantly

Why don't you like competitive anon?
>>
>>345289416
>tfw 3 eliminations - gold medal
>tfw 1:30 objective time - gold medal
>tfw 50 eliminations and 37 objective kills can't carry your team
>tfw 4 gold medals can't carry your team
>>
Rank literally means nothing, and every weapon looks ugly in gold so I have no desire to play competitive. Am I the only one who wants seperate playlists for KOTH payload and assault? Also any tips for Game Over achievement are appreciated.
>>
>>345292449
>>345292749

The ice needs to be breakable.
>>
File: 1468729114611.jpg (314 KB, 1456x2592) Image search: [Google]
1468729114611.jpg
314 KB, 1456x2592
>>345289503
>playing games for over a decade
>mostly FPS multiplayer
>still below average
Please, how do I git gud?
>>
>>345292089
Long range characters have an obvious advantage. Up close you pretty much need to be a Reaper, Reinhardt, or Roadhog.
>>
http://youtu.be/I3N4P-83G-U
If you play overwatch you'd be wise to listen to this, devs say that coin flip will be gone in season 2
>>
>attack King's Row
>someone picks Hanzo
>then they change their mind and switch to Genji
Unsurprisingly, we lost
>>
I just turn kill cam off to keep my rage at a minimum. KOTH>Assult the points>payload but frequency is in the opposite order for reduced enjoyment. Isolate toxic players by not relying on them. Try not to rage.

>play junkrat
>spam main fire
>get mad objective kills
>win
>>
>>345292134
>Those turrets are lethal if you know how to use them
I keep seeing people say this, but I never see an elaboration. How the fuck do I use Symmetra's turrets?
>>
>>345288893
>He actually plays Overwatch competitively

You deserve everything you get
>>
>>345295530
>Have to sit through 3 months of shit for no good reason

Patch it now you lazy fucks.
>>
>>345295758
People underestimate based trashmouse, he's top five imo but people dont wanna giit gud and hit their grenades
>>
File: derp.png (170 KB, 448x335) Image search: [Google]
derp.png
170 KB, 448x335
>getting steamrolled against enemy bastion
>tell people to flank bastion
>grill gaymur who is playing genji and still cant get to bastion (let lone any kills at all) attacks me on mic saying that's what they are trying
>suddenly entire team spergs out against me trying to defend the shit genji

pls don't defend bad players in games just because they have a vagoo. Thank you.
>>
File: kekedeekek.jpg (19 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
kekedeekek.jpg
19 KB, 413x395
>Playing Comp
>Get matched in Illios
>Fucking hate that map
>Lose the first round
>Lose the second round
>Some shithead on the otherteam goes "GG EZ XDDDD"
>Goes into the third round
>He starts getting confused in chat
>Switch off Rein to 76
>Decimate them in the first round
>Do it again in the second round
>Keep up the pressure, the shithead keeps on blaming his team for this fuck up
>Third round is close, but I keep them off the point by ulting and getting triple kills everytime
>He's now shouting in the chat "PLZZZ SOMEONE DO SOMETHING"
>Win the game in overtime
>He gets ranked down and shouts in chat how the whole game was bullshit before leaving
>>
>>345289416
>tfw theres always a shitter insisting on picking widow or hanzo when defending

This is how I know you're bad.
Didn't even mention map either.
>>
So are the competitive servers really 60 tick now or is still that bullshit 20tick client / 60 tick server retardedness?
>>
>>345295787
The only way to every get kills with her, is place 6/6 in a doorway and distract enemies as they walk past them, so they focus you and not the turrets.
Since a slight cough in their direction can destroy them, this is almost impossible against most teams that have large aoe hitboxes on their attacks.
You have to just be very lucky.
>>
>>345295926
Every junkrat I've played with doesn't understand that he should be holding down right click to clear the objective and deter the other team from attacking again. Shit pisses me right off.
>>
After almost every game in quickplay two or three of the losing team leaves after the first round. Am I the only who experiences this? I play on ps4
>>
>>345290071
apparently you can't read since it says "leave without penalty but will still count as a loss" the penalty is a leaver penalty of 80% reduced exp for 5 or so matches
>>
>>345296245

Also on Ps4.
Happens a lot.

Either they're babies or assuming the shitty forced 50 matchmaking is fucking them and they try to re-queue
>>
>>345295787
generally put them on akward places that the enemy will go through.Be careful splash damage can mess them up if they are close.

Ex kingsrow on the left hands side of the gate near the window everyone sneaks and near gates.Your team ideally will take advantage of the enemy having to choose you/your team or the turrets.
Good symetras are really annoying.She shits out damage as well.
>>
MOBA weekly brawl should just replace unranked. It improves the game tenfold when you remove any possibility of people being idiots and picking duplicates just to prove they're the better version or want to all be the same one for the LULZ.

Everyone gets better at being someone they usually wouldn't pick, forces everyone to look around and assemble a better team before game start.
>>
>>345290304
Your concerns are probably going to be outdated soon, because PTR fixed Overtime with it being harder to spawn and after 20sec the Overtime meter goes down in a sec. Rather then 3 or 4 seconds.
>>
>player quits at the start of the match
>oh shit, better cancel it
>player quits at any other point in the map
>oh well, give the winning team less xp and give the losing team a full loss
>>
File: 2016-07-14 10.38.35.jpg (97 KB, 336x472) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-14 10.38.35.jpg
97 KB, 336x472
>>345288893
>playing comp rank matches on Wednesday, around noon. Won the first 2, I was feeling good.
>lose 4 times in a goddamn row
>quit until today
>win the last 4
>Saturday
>mfw realized the main reason I lost then was because I was playing with all the kiddieshitters left at home and won today was because the actual good players were off work.
>>
>>345288893
>Complaining about not getting rewarded whilst simultaneously complaining about the reward
I don't understand you people sometimes
>>
How do you get the golden weapons anyways? It has a 300 rank symbol nest to them. Is your rank currency? Do you actually have to get to rank 300 to get one gun, or do you get all of them or what?
>>
>>345297903
You have to win 300 comp matches to get the 300 currency needed to purchase the golden weapon
>>
>>345297903
You get one point for every competitive game win
Therefore you need to win 300 competitive matches to get a gun.
It has nothing to do with rank
>>
>>345298249
300 seems a bit steep. Ive been playing since competitive came out, currently a NEET, a win rate ranging between 50%-60% and i have 70 Competitive Points
>>
>solo queue ranked placement matches
>get placed 55th
>feel like a shitter, it's low as fuck
>climb up to 60 and feeling a little better
>later today find out there are people in the fucking 10s/20s/30s
Is there some sort of threshold rank wise that determines if you're good or not? Because there's people nearly hitting 90s now.
>>
>>345288893
its been up for a while now and u just fucking realised the blizzard cant do this properly?

get out.
>>
>>345298774
It is indeed steep as fuck. Though I forgot to mention that I believe you get extra points at the end of the season depending on your rank.
>>
>>345298932
Yeah if you take a look at Master Overwatch, 50 is completely average, the highest, the top 1%, is somewhere in the mid 70's, which completely defeats the point of a 1-100 ranked system but we already knew ranked was broken af
>>
>Join game
>frozen on loading screen even though i can use chat
>get kicked for idle and lose rank
>join another game
>same thing happens
>finally get into a game
>its just a complete stomp where no-one on your team even talks at all and your dropping like flies
>manage to actually win the attack round by some miracle
>comes down to coinflip
>they get attack
>they just rush the point with 3 winstons and lucio and win instantly
Yeah this whole game is just a fucking bad joke
>>
>it's a "the enemy team all pick toblerone on defend sudden death" match
>>
It amuses me when I'm the only one moving the payload as Lucio, with my team scattered nearby, and some Trashmouse who decided to flank starts complaining he needs healing like he expects me to leave the action to come kiss hiss bob-boo. I didn't reach the to 19% of healers by leaving the majority of my team to heal the one guy who repeatedly asks for it
>>
>>345299395
So I went an checked my stats. Being rank 60 is the top 10%.

This system is in fact broken. Of how many people play this game, you cut out 40% of players by only going up 10 points on a 100 point scale? I was wondering why I kept getting queue'd with the same people.

Dumb as shit.
>>
>>345299765
Every fucking time. It's always a junkrat or hanzo without fail doing this shit.
>>
>>345299947
In fairness, it's nothing but a number, if they shifted everything so rank 75s were now rank 100s and rank 27s were now rank 2, it'd at least make more sense, and it'd be exactly the same system.

>>345300006
The best bit was when i was the only one defending the payload for a while, fending off the enemy Lucio who use's the same strategies as me, and a Pharah kept spamming for heals, so I just responded with "group up". I think it motivates the team more to actually be of use if I'm healing on the front line with or without them
>>
>>345300423
I just spam I need healing back at them. People need to learn how every character works. The game has been out for two months ffs.
>>
File: 1464044546370.jpg (6 KB, 225x224) Image search: [Google]
1464044546370.jpg
6 KB, 225x224
>>345288893
>playing a casual game competitively
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.