[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright I need every reason Bioshock Infinite was complete ass
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (819 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
819 KB, 1920x1200
Alright I need every reason Bioshock Infinite was complete ass ASAP

I'm on my break and my coworker wants a concise list of reasons why it's bad because it's his favorite game.
So far I've got:
>Half assed racism
>Half assed corporations are evil
>WAIT A MINUTE THAT CARD
>Time ghost
>Infinite outcomes means endless writing opportunities

Care to add?
>>
File: BSI vs HL2.jpg (371 KB, 1032x1454) Image search: [Google]
BSI vs HL2.jpg
371 KB, 1032x1454
>>344436736
tl;dr: The game's story and message do not fit a fast-paced shooter. It just results you slaughtering hundreds of foreign town's police officer and citizens. The devs tried too hard to jam this fancy setting and some of their plot ideas, into the BS1 & 2 gameplay mold.

The MC also talks too much, trying to make scenes feel more impactful than they actually are. Pic quite related.

Also, the game looks like total ass. Shitty textures, blocky models, bloom and blur outta ass, mirrors don't work, lighting and world is all static ... etc. BS1 literally looked better.
>>
>Half assed racism
>Half assed corporations are evil
>Time ghost
>Infinite outcomes means endless writing opportunities

What makes any of this a valid argument? It's a game, the story elements are literally the last thing you should complain about.
>>
File: Fear vs infinite 01.gif (3 MB, 796x270) Image search: [Google]
Fear vs infinite 01.gif
3 MB, 796x270
>>344436736
>Also, the game looks like total ass.
example 1
>>
>>344437254
example 2

>>344437189
>It's a game, the story elements are literally the last thing you should complain about.
in case you've been literally living in a bunker the last 20 years, there's been more and more games where the story IS the main attraction. And BS:I has literally nothing else going for it than its story, the Disney princess sidekick, and implied yet very poorly implemented and treated messages about early 1900s racism and culture.
>>
File: FEAR 2005 vs BS infinite 2013.gif (3 MB, 750x280) Image search: [Google]
FEAR 2005 vs BS infinite 2013.gif
3 MB, 750x280
>>344437389
>example 2
fucking captcha... how can it first pass, then be "incorrect" after clicking Post??
>>
>>344437117

Wow, you beat me to it. Kudos, anon.
>>
>>344437189
Its his favorite game because of that reason. His favorite games are story driven, i.e. Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Uncharted and The Last of Us
>>
>>344437695
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXRXlf5dgCQ
This should be enough then.
>>
>>344436736
I'm sure I'm missing something here please tell me, I actually want to know but why is columbia in the booker universe? Did comstock bring the entire city into this universe? Did he come the this universe before building it? I would have assumed that columbia would have been built entirely in the comstock universe, but maybe I'm just missing an audio log.
>>
>>344436736
All of your arguments make you sound like you've never actually played the game OP

The story is a mess, half of the plasmids are useless, enemies are all horrible bullet sponges (Especially the fucking ghost fight)

The main character never shuts the fuck up, the stupid hand thing that makes you fly along wires is cool at first but quickly becomes boring, also makes cheesing fights super easy (especially the handymen)

The Songbird was one giant disappointment, higher difficulty levels just increase enemy health and lower your available ammo.
>>
>>344436736
Just tell him to watch a review like matthewmatosis's or errant signal's. The game is a 7/10 tops but the story is more like a 3/10, and that shit is why everyone hypes it up; the story and characters and shit when it's just all retarded nonsense with plot holes and inconsistencies up my ass.
>>
>>344438318
>half the plasmids are useless
Worse, only two are useful. Bucking Broncos and the fire one. The others are totally pointless and useless.
Gameplay sucks and you can tell they took way too many shortcuts. Upgrades don't show on weapons anymore, the best upgrades were preorder bonuses, and there's no reason to use anything but the automatic rifle and shotgun because they're dead accurate and overpowered.
Like the other anon said, rails are pointless. Not used as much as they should have been, and they let you cheese fights super easily. Only cool part was where the tower was falling around you, but that's all scripted.
Story falls apart, ending makes no sense because there would be a reality where he survives. You can tell they had no idea what they were writing about, and the head writer even said that himself.
Also, it was shit compared to the original idea.
>>
>>344436736
Infinite is bad because:

>The game presents a very interesting setting with controversial themes attached to it, and does nothing with either.

>Most of the story is presented through audio logs of which are randomly placed throughout the setting, and the dialogue given is bland and offers no value to the player's emotion or story.

>The game has continuously hyped up the Songbird to be the final boss for the game, but instead offers a point-and-click sequence.

>Elizabeth offers no real gameplay value. All she does is feed the player ammo, health, and currency.

>The vigors are just the Dev's way to pander to the BioShock fanbase. They aren't very useful and seem to be a way to make up for the lack of mechanics they have in the core gameplay
>>
>>344436736
OP if you have to ask someone else what to tell you to say in an argument in order to win, you're not gonna win the argument. Your coworker already knows what to say, he's gonna say shit like "it's fun" or "the story is sweet" and you're going to be listing reasons contrary to this that you don't fully understand yourself because you're just regurgitating talking points. You're going to be Sarah Palin in a debate against someone who is not Sarah Palin, and it doesn't matter if you're right cuz you're Sarah Palin; you're going to make 2+2=4 sound wrong.
>>
>>344436736
>Very limited amount of builds possible
>it's mostly the same mechanics wise as other shooters since 1999
>>
>>344436736
As a person who has been in love with this game for some time, I give you an advice: just leave the poor guy be. For now he absolutely love the game and probably wouldn't listen to you anyway. Or worse, you'll broke his heart. Time will come and he will see it himself, that game is flawless af.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.