[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>start highschool in 2007 >there's a video game club
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 1443133740800.gif (736 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
1443133740800.gif
736 KB, 600x338
>start highschool in 2007
>there's a video game club
>check it out
>CS 1.6, Halo CE, Starcraft, WoW, and various fighters like 3S and Soul Calibur
>mostly filled with juniors and seniors
>shut down kinda early because didn't provide enriching academic reasoning
>we still played those games in comp sci or engineering once assignments were finished
>graduate in 2011
>see the video game club started up again the last semester unofficialy
>check it out
>Brawl, Melee, and LoL
>freshmen and sophmores, a couple juniors at most

Did this happen to anyone else? Witnessing the disparity of gaming taste and skill with your own eyes?
>>
>HURDUR HOW DARE PEOPLE PLAY DIFFERENT GAMES

That is what you sound like, OP.
>>
>>344368045
>Had a Sci-Fi fantasy club in HS
>I was one of the few freshman there because I had a Senior friend through marching band
>mostly just talked about vidya and anime shit, sometimes even played trading card games was pretty chill and even had characature fundraisers because one of us could draw
>three years later I'm a senior
>more than half the club is tumblrina-type sjws that only talk about anime and current normie vidya memes
>mfw
>>
File: 1446794495027.jpg (13 KB, 208x208) Image search: [Google]
1446794495027.jpg
13 KB, 208x208
>>344369469
>it's a tumblrina enters the club and makes everything about her episode
>>
Boy what a shame to lose out on steaming shit like Gaylo, WoW and Soulcasual.
>>
>>344369905
Literally the club was fine until I stopped going because marching band took over, then other things, then I started going again my senior year. Two clubs even broke off from the main (tcg and hf) club because they hated what the club had become.
>>344370096
Kek
>>
File: 1461899198504.jpg (484 KB, 1278x1052) Image search: [Google]
1461899198504.jpg
484 KB, 1278x1052
>>344370096
>Halo on PC
>BC era WoW
>Soul Calibur 2 when the only way to play a good version of 3 was at select arcades
>steaming shit
>>
>>344369147
no he doesnt, dont be retarded just becaise you have a gutteral reaction to seeing someone complain about things getting dumbed down and streamlined
>>
>go to videogame club of any kind
>it's filled with sweaty autistic spergs
It's so hard to find people that look and act like normal adults, but enjoy playing games to the degree that I do.
>>
>>344369147
Nice strawman.
>>
>>344371006
>HURDUR HOW DARE PEOPLE PLAY DIFFERENT GAMES I DON'T LIKE
fixed it for you
>>
When I was in my senior year two years ago, my best friend started a video game club which pretty much failed at the start. It was sad so I decided to join and kick things off with halo ce; it being the only game that I found an exploit for. Tons of people started joining and playing with us and we started playing during lunch too. It got even bigger by it spreading to class time with other random friends. Then the time came for me to leave. I came back to visit and I came to witness melee. Next meet, melee. I wish I had expanded to other games and cleansed such casual taste...
>>
>>344370821
At least it isnt an anime club where its all those people on top of fotm shit like attack on titan
>>
As a consistent JRPG fan, my tastes have always been shit and I rarely played with others.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.