[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
name a modern retro-inspired platformer that does it better
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
File: sk.png (454 KB, 1987x1600) Image search: [Google]
sk.png
454 KB, 1987x1600
name a modern retro-inspired platformer that does it better

Protip: you can't
>>
La-Mulana and VVVVVV
>>
>>344156675
Mega Man vs Street Fighter
>>
lwpi iwt ujrz sxs ndj yjhi ujrzxcv hpn pqdji bt, ndj axiiat qxirw? x’aa wpkt ndj zcdl x vgpsjpits ide du bn raphh xc iwt cpkn htpah, pcs x’kt qttc xckdakts xc cjbtgdjh htrgti gpxsh dc pa-fjptsp, pcs x wpkt dktg 300 rdcuxgbts zxaah. x pb igpxcts xc vdgxaap lpgupgt pcs x’b iwt ide hcxetg xc iwt tcixgt jh pgbts udgrth. ndj pgt cdiwxcv id bt qji yjhi pcdiwtg ipgvti. x lxaa lxet ndj iwt ujrz dji lxiw egtrxhxdc iwt axzth du lwxrw wph ctktg qttc httc qtudgt dc iwxh tpgiw, bpgz bn ujrzxcv ldgsh. ndj iwxcz ndj rpc vti plpn lxiw hpnxcv iwpi hwxi id bt dktg iwt xcitgcti? iwxcz pvpxc, ujrztg. ph lt hetpz x pb rdciprixcv bn htrgti ctildgz du hexth prgdhh iwt jhp pcs ndjg xe xh qtxcv igprts gxvwi cdl hd ndj qtiitg egtepgt udg iwt hidgb, bpvvdi. iwt hidgb iwpi lxeth dji iwt epiwtixr axiiat iwxcv ndj rpaa ndjg axut. ndj’gt ujrzxcv stps, zxs. x rpc qt pcnlwtgt, pcnixbt, pcs x rpc zxaa ndj xc dktg htktc wjcsgts lpnh, pcs iwpi’h yjhi lxiw bn qpgt wpcsh. cdi dcan pb x tmitchxktan igpxcts xc jcpgbts rdbqpi, qji x wpkt prrthh id iwt tcixgt pghtcpa du iwt jcxits hipith bpgxct rdgeh pcs x lxaa jht xi id xih ujaa tmitci id lxet ndjg bxhtgpqat phh duu iwt uprt du iwt rdcixctci, ndj axiiat hwxi. xu dcan ndj rdjas wpkt zcdlc lwpi jcwdan gtigxqjixdc ndjg axiiat “ratktg” rdbbtci lph pqdji id qgxcv sdlc jedc ndj, bpnqt ndj ldjas wpkt wtas ndjg ujrzxcv idcvjt. qji ndj rdjasc’i, ndj sxsc’i, pcs cdl ndj’gt epnxcv iwt egxrt, ndj vdsspbc xsxdi. x lxaa hwxi ujgn paa dktg ndj pcs ndj lxaa sgdlc xc xi. ndj’gt ujrzxcv stps, zxssd.
>>
MegaMari and other douijin games
>>
>>344156820

agreed
>>
File: vvvvvv.png (140 KB, 1600x1231) Image search: [Google]
vvvvvv.png
140 KB, 1600x1231
>>344156675
This man >>344156740
speaks the truth.
VVVVVV is undefeated.
>>
>>344156820
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>344156820
damn op btfo
>>
super meat boy

cave story
>>
Guacamelee
>>
>>344156820
/thread
>>
>>344156675
Shovel Knight does music, graphics and level design well. The difficulty is a joke though. The bosses aren't good too.

On a side note I feel like there's too much content in the game. Like new game+ for example. Who needs that shit? The other knight campaigns are all right I guess but it's same shit all over. I'd rather have the devs make another game than keep working on n Shovel Knight. Stretch goals was a mistake.
>>
>>344156820
Hold the fucking phone. I recognize that word pattern.
>>
>>344156820
>>344158162
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
>>
I really think this game is one of the most overrated I've seen in years.
The gameplay is okay but the graphics, music, level design and bosses are shit.
>>
File: BionicCommandoRearmedReview.jpg (53 KB, 749x737) Image search: [Google]
BionicCommandoRearmedReview.jpg
53 KB, 749x737
>>344156675
>>
>>344157926

Guacamelee is awesome but do metroidvania games qualify as platformers? I dunno
>>
>>344158371

Lol now that has to be bait
>>
File: 1409346648.png (73 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1409346648.png
73 KB, 625x626
>>344158371
>>
https://twitter.com/YachtClubGames/status/746135059850158082

You did fill this out right?
>>
>>344158371
>>
>>344159620
They should do a Mario RPG. They showed they can do humor pretty well.
I'm sure everyone will vote for a Megaman because of MN9 though
>>
>>344156820
This guy in charge of funposting.
>>
>>344159620

Oh snap, maybe i should
>>
>>344158371
The bosses aren't that good I agree but they aren't shit. All the other things you said though I completely disagree on
>>
>>344160019
this. I could totally see them being able to make a great Mario style RPG

>>344160614
The bosses are good,it's just that shovel knight and his bounce are OP.
>>
>>344156675
Agreed. Easily on of the best platformers i have ever played.
>>
Is their poll still going?
>>
File: 1447785122420.jpg (14 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
1447785122420.jpg
14 KB, 300x168
>>344158081
>too much content
>>
>>344156820
ALLAHU
ALLAHU
ALLAHU
ALLAHU
ALLAHU
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.