[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
No Nier: Automata thread? Bullshit. Bullshit, I say! For those
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 10
File: image.jpg (394 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
394 KB, 1920x1080
No Nier: Automata thread?

Bullshit. Bullshit, I say!

For those who haven't seen it, FS just did a translation of the bits and pieces of the storyboard shown during the N:A concert, so I'm gonna dump those to get the thread going.
>>
File: image.jpg (292 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
292 KB, 1920x1080
>All […] has been lost.

2B(?): What are your instructions.

>While […]ing, she responds.

Operator 60: O-operator to 2B.
Operator 60: Rendezvous with the Area Director, 9S, and scout for information on the terrain.

2B: Copy.

>Flying at high speed within the Junk Heap.

>As she advances forward, the walls on either side get narrower and she dodges gate after gate as they begin to close.

050_HD_a
>※ 2B’s aerial equipment is nearly completely destroyed by the exploding gates and she discards it while in mid-air.

>With a seemingly heavy voice, a massive volume of recovery information is displayed.

Pod 042: Ho229 equipment has received massive damage.
>>
>[…] reaches for a camera.

>[…] with a […]-like figure sits a boy (9S).

>[…] in front of the screen.

9S: […] Even if I give you oil, I can’t become family with a robot~~~

>[…] gets his attention and he looks up to the sky.

>9S folds up the screen and stands.

9S: So, it’s begun, huh……

>Pan up to […]

>The YoRHa squadron appear like shooting stars as they descend.

>Upon the backdrop of the sky appears the title:

NieR:Automata

0_S0120_GM_b
>※ 9S walks back to his aerial unit.

Operator 210: Operator 210 to 9S. Do you read me?

9S: I hear you loud and clear~~~

Operator 210: The descent mission has begun.
Operator 210: Please locate the enemy quickly.
>>
File: image.jpg (284 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
284 KB, 1920x1080
Pod 042: Startup of Designated Number A2 confirmed.

>Pod appears floating above and at A2’s side.

Pod 042: Good morning, A2.

3010_S0020_GM
>※ Conversation between A2 and Pod, Toward the Desert

A2: What……are you?

Pod 042: I am the Attending Support Unit “Pod 042”.
Pod 042: My purpose is to provide artillery support for YoRHa Unit: A2.

A2: I never……asked for that.

Pod 042: Affirmative: A request from A2 has not been received.

>[…]

Pod 042: […] the last command from 2B […]
>>
Thanks for posting all that, anon. Just wanted to let you know that your effort wasn't for naught.
>>
So, what we know about the (presumably) opening scene of the game:

>9S is an "Area Director" and obviously of some importance/rank, as he is already ON the planet when the rest of the YoRHa squadron shows up and 2B is sent to rendevouz with him
>however many androids were sent on this mission, all but 2B probably die in the Junk Heap or desert, since 2B sustains massive damage to her flight gear and she's the only other modern YoRHa who actually makes it to 9S to rendezvous

Later, we also know that
>2B sends her Pod to awaken and look after A2 at some point, whereas A2 doesn't seem to know what a Pod even IS, which in conjunction with her older and battle-worn model suggests she's likely been on the planet's surface for quite some time.
And, due to other stuff from the trailer footage
>at some point 9S is either severely damaged or gets the Logic Virus as he insists that he's "done for" when he and 2B return to his flight equipment (since 2B loses hers)
>>
Make a NierA thread with the boss fight webm and you get 300 replies about how Nier isn't about the combat, it's about the story

Make a NierA thread with leaked storyboard details and you get 1 reply.

Goddamnit /v/, someone post some combat webms so this thread can get going I guess
>>
File: image.jpg (1008 KB, 1271x1500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1008 KB, 1271x1500
Wish I could read moon runes, there's new stuff here and nobody publishes fucking Taro interviews in the west
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2333x1500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2333x1500
I'm gonna dump all these in order...
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2333x1500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2333x1500
...but this one is the one I want to read most

Pretty sure 2B is using a spell from the original NieR, I wanna know what's up with that
>>
image.jpg
2 MB, 2333x1500
It's not in this article but there's a Squeenix devblog by Takahisa Taura (also Japanese only) that shows WIP modeling and animations, and the skeletal rig for 2B being shown off is for an animation where she's attacking with a shortsword in one hand and the big fist weapon on the other hand, which leads me to believe you can dual-wield melee weapons in Automata and I wish I could read more about it
>>
image.jpg
2 MB, 2333x1500
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2333x1500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2333x1500
Last page

It bums me out because I pulled these all from Nier2.com and I know whoever runs that site can translate all of this (and has done so for shit like the entire YoRHa stage play) and just doesn't feel like it.
>>
>>343560907
I might be able to help with a bit of it, like translating the subtitles/captions and emboldened text but it would take me days to get through this single page. No promises
>>
File: ME3050715691_2.jpg (341 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
ME3050715691_2.jpg
341 KB, 1600x900
I never asked for that
>>
>>343561675
I wouldn't expect you to do it at all if you weren't fluent enough in japanese that you could just read it and type what it said in English.

I'm really curious about the left-hand column on the page you quoted (Taura's comments, he talks about "combo routes" I think and I'm curious about that) and the caption by the spell image (all I can make out are the katakana for Charge and Up, no idea about the context).
>>
>>343562324
Subtitle for that first section you mentioned I think is just saying they want the actions to feel responsive basically. Literally I think it's saying "We want to include actions that give a response when you press the button".

caption you are referring to just says that there are attacks with effects like in Nier, and that you can charge them up to make them more powerful

pretty confident on that

Still working on it
>>
>>343563513
Damn, I was hoping for more clarity.

Actually Fire Sanctuary did mention that "charge attacks are back", I guess that "spell" is just what you get if you hold down a melee button...? At any rate it doesn't seem like they really specify.

The controls are an interesting case; we can assume X jumps, we know Square and Triangle melee, we know R2 is dodge, and we can infer from other games that R1 is shoot, L2 is probably weapon set switch and L1 is probably lock-on (and that these 4 can be reconfigured like most Plat games)

No idea what Circle would do; special attacks like this spell? Just an interaction button? Will the d-pad do anything? Will the Pod have zoomable aim like T:D (I feel like they showed this in the concert footage, actually)? Will THAT be L1, and then lock-on is stuck under R3 or something?

No idea.
>>
>>343564790
On rewatching the relevant section of the concert demo, no, there is no aim zoom. It seems like it because when he aims up, the camera gets pushed closer to the player by ground contact.

So my original guess at the triggers is probably right.

I could just assume that d-pad is for items like in Bayo, but I have this idea that the game might use O to bring up a game-slowing menu (like a radial weapon select) for items, weapons, accessories, etc.

They keep talking about how they're including RPG elements, and in T:D all weapons were consumed via a menu so the d-pad could act as a weapon select, so it's certainly possible they'd go more menu-centric for non-combat actions.

I don't know. I really want to, though.
>>
>>343563513
>>343562324
so I'm having trouble getting everything in the first emboldened sentence, (starts with 敵の攻撃自体) and I'm not sure if I'm going to get a specific translation but I am relatively sure it's saying they want a combat system that relies on watching the enemy and understanding movement patters.

I'm bad at this, the mid part of it is confusing me a bit.
>>
bump because I'm still trying and this last paragraph of the first column actually seems like it might say something of value
>>
not yet
>>
>>343567067
>>343568529
Your efforts are noble

I wish we could get an actual fluent Japanese speaker

Fuck, I wish Squeenix would just translate this press release type shit, I get that it incurs a cost but they know damn well that the West loved Nier.
>>
Spoilers

She is Yonah and he is Nier. They salvaged his soul by going back in time before he sacrificed himself but due to him ultimately ceasing to exist in ending D, they had to cheat the universe and erase his memories and bring him to the future where he can finally live with Yonah even if he doesn't know. The entire game revolves around trying to get his memories back.
>>
>>343570712
I doubt it.

The game is more heavily derived from the YoRHa stage play, which is about a series of androids whose memories (in the form of mission data) are uploaded into subsequent models when they die, and who slowly start to gain a sense of sapience/humanity over the passing years.

The main connection to the world of Nier is Emil, who was instrumental in fighting off the alien invasion as a sort of demigod in Grimoire Nier (and who the Living Machines are clearly based on, since the aliens obviously revere him as some sort of immense destructive force).

Also, Taro has said that Emil is the "only returning character" (though later confirmed he had added some others, like Beepy) so it's likely he'll be more instrumental in the story than Nier is.

Yonah may turn up, though. The Yonah-YoRHa name connection is almost TOO obvious and Taro keeps dancing around what YoRHa means.
>>
think I mostly figured it out but it would suck for the thread to die after all this work when I'm pretty close so bump
>>
>>343560907
starting from 攻撃については2種類 in the first column, start of the sentence with the final bit of bold in it

"Concerning attacks, two weapons styles can be assigned to the square and triangle buttons, rather than specific combo routes, when you press a button the weapon assigned to that button will put out consecutive attacks. While jumping, evading, dashing, you can still act (literally just says attack but I think the たり here is supposed to show that there are other possible options, like a や would do for a noun. When you press a button, there will be a reaction."

Might be wrong on those last two sentences.
>>
>>343574337
forgot to specify that I think the bottom part is just saying that you won't be getting locked into animations and such, that you're free to initiate another movement/attack at any point (within reason of course)
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.