[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Explain the Fallen Hero timeline to me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 67
File: links.jpg (209 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
links.jpg
209 KB, 1280x720
Explain the Fallen Hero timeline to me
>>
Link dies while fighting Gannon in OoT (the giant pig form).

The sages + Zelda successfully sealed him in the sacred Realm/dark world. Shit is fine, however details about the triforce/sacred realm become common knowledge. This causes factions/tribes to fight over it which leads into LTTP. LTTP happens and that Link does what OoT Link fails to do and kills Gannon, and wishes on the triforce for everything to be k again.

LTTP Link decides to go on more adventures, and ends up in the Holodrum/Labryinia (the oracle games). Shit happens and twinrova tries to revive gannondorf, but fails and revives a mindless Ganon instead. Link kills him again.

Decides to sail on a ship to new lands, gets into a storm, Link's Awakening happens.

I don't remember what happens afterwards, something about a prince being jealous of princess Zelda being the inheritor of the Triforce of Courage and putting her to sleep for a long time. With the missing triforce piece, Hyrule's reign diminishes and that's why in Zelda 1 you pretty much have an uninhabited land. Zelda 2 you end up waking up that Zelda, that's pretty much the end of the timeline
>>
>>342157712
Also ALBW happens after Link's Awakening
>>
>>342157712
Nice. This is really cool.

But why did Link fail in OoT? Is it a "what if" timeline?
Why aren't other splits for every game where Link could fail against Ganon?
>>
>>342158136
How can you know that?
>>
>>342157712
In ALBW Ganondorf is semi revived into Yuganon or whatever it is. So sort of still the mindless beast from Oracles.

I guess that Ganon goes on to be the LoZ one?
>>
>>342158136
Is there a description of that? I only know from the Historia which was released before ALBW. Is it the same Link? Different Link?

>>342158158
It is hypothetical. Realistically, its so Nintendo has more freedoms with making Zelda games because now that they declared its a thing, fans EXPECT each new game to fit in the timeline. As for other splits, people are saying the new Zelda game is a split of WW where Ganondorf wishes on the triforce instead of the king. But there's no evidence.
>>
>>342158505
Different Link.
>>
>>342157712
>The sages + Zelda successfully sealed him in the sacred Realm/dark world

You forgot to mention that they had to go through a huge war and they suffered heavy casualties before they were finally able to seal the bastard away, and even then it wasn't permanent.

That's probably why Link's necessary, because he has the best chances of beating Ganon with as few casualties as possible.
>>
>>342158136
ALBW is after the Oracle games, which are sequels to LA
>>
Do we know what FSA Ganondorf looked like? We only saw Ganon right?
>>
>>342158685
I thought the war happened after the sealing, I have to read the Historia again.

>>342158718
Its LTTP -> Oracle -> LA because the ending of Oracle is link leaving on the ship that gets shipwrecked.
>>
>>342158505
There's references to ALttP's Link and Zelda in ALBW. And some indications that they fugged.
>>
>>342157007
>link was reincarnated as a girl
>died or ignored duties
>>
>>342158952
How could it be?

Did you think the Sages just waltzed up to Ganon's throne and sealed him away? Lots of people died, anon.
>>
TriForce Heroes is set after ALBW right? I heard people say the Devs said it was the same Link, despite different art style.
>>
>>342159181
Yes
>>
>>342158158
He didn't his guys wrong Everytime link changed time periods from old to young link he entering a new reality leaving the old one behind the abandoned reality is the hero fails
>>
>>342159134
The historia states that he gets the triforce after Link's defeat, transforms into a demon beast, and the sages + Zelda seals him away as a last resort. And then peace was followed for a brief time.

I doubt Gannon would win and there would be peace
>>
>>342157712
>Link dies while fighting Gannon in OoT (the giant pig form).

No, it's the human form, Historia says it takes the whole triforce after defeating Link, then transforms and this is when Zelda traps him

Also, Historia tells the plot of the fight with pig Ganon after the first split disclaimer
>>
>>342159429
It wouldn't be a last resort if there weren't heavy consequences. If you could seal him away so easily, then that should be the first thing they tried.
>>
The timeline was all bullshit to sell a book
>>
>342159561

They didn't because the sacred realm was still corrupted, they wanted it fixed. They had to defeat Gannondorf in order to do so.

There is no talk of war in the historia between Link's defeat and Gannon being sealed.
>>
>>342159568
This. I also fucking hate that Skyward Sword was made the earliest game in the timeline.
>>
>>342159096
>Gets kidnapped by Ganondorf
>>
>>342159786
Prior to that, it was the Minish Cap.
>>
>>342159429
>and the sages + Zelda seals him away as a last resort. And then peace was followed for a brief time.
What about the Imprisoning War
>>
>>342157712
What about the Hero Shade. I thought he was OoT Link?
>>
>>342159982
Happens afterwards, people fought to enter the sacred realm, and those that did never returned. Eventually the king of Hyrule ordered the sages to seal it, hylian knights guarded the sages and while the sages sealed the entrence, but most the knights died.

That's the gist of the imprisoning war sated from the Historia.
>>
>>342160082
That's in the Child Timeline.

Link returns to his own time as a child and no one remembers anything he did except him. He leaves on a journey to go find Navi, finds himself in Termina, saves it, and goes back. It's unclear whether he found Navi, but he grows up, develops a bunch of sword techniques for no reason, and never gets to teach them to anyone which becomes a great source of regret for him, enough to anchor his soul to the living realm even after death.

After he manages to teach Twilight Princess Link all his techniques, this is enough to satisfy him and allow him to pass on peacefully.
>>
>>342159568
The book was all bullshit to sell a game
>>
>>342158268
Because Link's Awakening/ALttP Link is an old geezer in ALBW
>>
>>342157007
Basically Nintendo forgot they made Ocarina has a prequel and accidently made some games that contradicted the existence of the original games' timeline. So they handwaved a reason instead of just saying there's 2.5 different continuities.
>>
>>342160082
Hero's shade is from Twilight Princess which is part of the Hero Succeeds timeline.
>>
>>342160082
Hero's Shade is the young OoT Link who was successful in defeating Ganon but got lost in the Lost Woods until he became a Stalfos. But despite being an undead skeleton he kept his own mind and when the next incarnation of Link arose Hero's Shade was able to train him.
>>
>>342160432
What.
>>
Botw is a prequel to ww

Sheika find a way to go through time to get link back so they can defeat Ganon

Fuck up and bring hero of time during battle with Ganon (hence hero fails time line), he's injured and their method means he needs stasis.

Old man is the king who has already realized hyrule is beyond saving but still helps link anyway

Link whoops ganons ass, but either through the goddesses realizing a flood is needed or link/the king realizing it they flood the land and trap Ganon there.

Hero of time (the best/strongest I might add) once again goes unsung
>>
>>342160405
the game was all bullshit to sell a brand
>>
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 373x391) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 373x391
>>342160487
>lost woods
>>
>>342159906
And it was great, both as a game and an early point for the timeline/lore.
>>
File: gramps.jpg (317 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
gramps.jpg
317 KB, 800x450
>>342160532
>>
>>342160487
>until he became a Stalfos
Last I checked Stalfos weren't fleshy and translucent.
>>
>>342160487
No. This is wrong. You're an idiot.

The reason he becomes the Hero's Shade is because he wasn't able to pass on the sword techniques he developed in life. Did Link use any sword techniques in Majora's Mask? No. No he didn't.

After he left Termina, he came up with this wicked (read: totally retarded) technique where he draws a fucking broadsword from his back really fast and insta-kills most things and it ate at him that he was never able to share this wonderful (read: totally retarded) technique with anyone. And that's why he stayed as a skeleton ghost after he died, because fuck you man, this technique is totally awesome (read: retarded).
>>
>>342160082
Igos de ikana, after his pledge of loyalty, is doing the hero of times bidding

Hyrule historia is a convoluted mess and I hope the signs are true and botw shits all over it
>>
Link dies while fighting Ganon in Ocarina of Time, thus creating the only timeline to contain good Zelda games.
>>
>>342157007
Not canon
>>
>>342160732
Where was it said he was Link though?
>>
zelda continuity was a mistake
>>
>>342160661
>most forgettable Zelda ever
>putting tokens together 24/7
>>
>>342157712
GANNON-BANNED
>>
>>342160568

The Hero of Time being snatched away from his own timeline is a pretty rad idea, actually. It's one of the only logical reasons I see him losing. Still, it says he failed in his own timeline, right? If he was taken away, he would've failed in the BotW timeline, and just been absent in the OoT timeline. I feel like this would create another timeline somehow.
>>
>>342160958
I had to check the URL to make sure I wasn't browsing Gamefaqs
>>
>>342160923
Where was anything about Zelda lore, particularly the decline timeline, ever said outright and not just heavily implied?
>>
>>342161071
Okay, where was it implied?
>>
>>342160949
I thought it was one of the most memorable games in the series. The kingstones/tokens/whatever where heavy handed though.
>>
>>342161257
Eh, they were mostly used for sidequests.
>>
>>342157007
I like the idea that the Downfall Timeline isn't caused by Link dying, but by Zelda sending Link back earlier than when he left (She definitely did this, she sent him back to before he opened the Door of Time), causing a third timeline to exist where Link just doesn't exist
>>
>>342158876
No hes sort of ahead of you in the story and ends up finding or stealing a trident and becoming Ganon. It's been years since I played this so please correct me if I'm wrong
>>
>>342160802
>branch that has TFH
>the one with good Zelda games
>>
>>342161114
Due to his similarities to Link and capability to wield the Master Sword, as well as his unusual strength for his age, it is possible that Gramps is the Hero of A Link to the Past, or even literally the grandfather of the Hero in A Link Between Worlds. Like Link, Gramps wears a green Tunic, and similar to the Shadow Links and Ravio, he wields a vast arsenal of items.
>>
>>342157007
People started going on about a timeline and wanting to see one, so Nintendo made one as their later games were in some order. But then realised they had a bunch of older games mdte before they'd enter thought of having a timeline so they created some third branch and shoved them altogether to stop people bitching about it

The End
>>
>>342161518
TFH was made because Aonuma realized that the fallen hero timeline was the only one he hadn't stuck his garbage into and ruined yet.

Fallen hero timeline has LoZ, Zelda II, LttP, LA, and the Oracles, so it has the good Zelda games.
>>
>>342159906
Which was awesome. And it explained why Link's hat is like that.

Why the fuck did Squidward Sword Link have the classic hat
>>
>>342160378
>It's unclear whether he found Navi
He didn't. Navi died. She left him at the end of OoT to go die.
When a faerie has completed their purpose for which they were created for, they die.
That's what happens to the faeries you use, that's what happens to Navi.
>>
>>342161019
I didn't read historia to be fair, just about it, but it could be it just seemed he failed because he disappeared mid fight. I don't think it would create a new timeline, it would take him from one of the three (fails) and put him in one he was sent back from before anyway (adult).

Fails never made sense to me, why make the hero of time fail? He already had a hard enough life. To be honest I never liked the series spanning continuity. The earlier ones being linked makes sense. The n64 ones too. They should have just connected like 2 or 3 games max into its own "legend". That's the way I thought of it as a kid, a legend that has been passed down so much it has different versions of essentially the same event
>>
>>342159906
Prior to that, it was Ocarina of Time. Prior to that, it was Link to the Past. Prior to that, it was Legend of Zelda.
>>
One of the Links was a filthy casual and got killed by Gannon.
>>
>>342160568
>game ends with water overtaking all the cool locations you visited while playing
>the koroks fly away and maybe a few kokiri transform to follow them
>the Zora seem fine until there's a cut of some horrible monsters chasing them out of the water and onto a mountain
>the king watches some of his family members fleeing on a raft
>>
>>342161698
Standard equipment of the sky knights.
>>
>>342157712
>Link died while fighting Ganon.
That's stupid, this could've happened in any fucking game. Why don't we get a split for every game?
>>
File: updated timeline.png (1 MB, 1452x3092) Image search: [Google]
updated timeline.png
1 MB, 1452x3092
for anyone wondering, this is the newest version of the timeline
>>
File: Wind Waker.jpg (202 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
Wind Waker.jpg
202 KB, 1000x1500
>>342157007

>Caring about the Zelda timeline

I wish Nintendo had never even done this. Each game is its own story. They don't need to be connected unless they're direct sequels
>>
>>342161945
>that's stupid

Everyone agrees. But apparently OoT matters more than every other game
>>
>>342161915
OoT Link is worst Link. He's the only retard that managed to get killed.
>>
>>342161698
Contrarily to popular belief, SS takes place after Minish Cap, which is why MC Zelda had godly powers but the triforce was never mentioned, there was no Demise/Ganon in MC, there was no Master Sword or Fi in MC, etc.
>>
>>342161953
You forgot the CDi games you faggot.
>>
>>342161953
so defeat timeline is actually the "canon" timeline seeing as it has the most games
>>
>>342162074
I'd legit play a remake of those.
>>
>>342161959
but it's the zelda cinematic universe
>>
You know what still floors me? That the first Zelda game takes place after all of these new ones we've got in recent years. I think only Zelda II is ahead of it in the timeline.
>>
>>342162024
>Fails in one timeline
>Dies full of regrets in another
>Literally writes himself out of existence in the third

Holy shit why is he such a massive fuckup?
>>
>>342157007
The hero fell
>>
>>342162148
i think thats what's really neat about it.
>>
>>342161783

So would BotW be a part of the failure timeline because Link was taken from OoT and placed later in the timeline? That seems really bizarre, something later in the timeline being the cause of the timeline in the first place, which is why it feels like it's enough fuckery to force another timeline.

I agree on the continuity thing though. I thought that each Zelda game that was obviously not a direct sequel was fine as just being an alternate universe/retelling of the classic story. It doesn't need to be part of some bigger story, just another what if or another take on the established premise.
>>
>>342161959
Yes, I'm sure WW would've been more impactful if they cut the prologue and you found a random kingdom beneath the sea instead of Hyrule.
>>
File: Good and Bad Zeldas Timeline.png (911 KB, 3488x700) Image search: [Google]
Good and Bad Zeldas Timeline.png
911 KB, 3488x700
>>342161953
This is the newest version of the proper timeline.
>>
>>342162168
And that's why you don't put the destiny of the world in the hands of some stupid kid. Unless that kid happens to be WW Link, that is.
>>
File: 8BRpH7f.gif (4 MB, 468x272) Image search: [Google]
8BRpH7f.gif
4 MB, 468x272
>>342162343
>>
File: Oh you.jpg (32 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
Oh you.jpg
32 KB, 400x300
>>342162343
>>
>>342161945
It's because Ocarina of TIME has a TIME TRAVEL element.
>>
>>342162347
Naw, man, all the other Links manage to do alright.

Except for that one time when ALttP Link DESTROYED AN ENTIRE WORLD AND ALL ITS INHABITANTS. But hey, at least that one chick got turned into a bird, right?
>>
>>342162024
That's what I hate about the fails one. You take the best link and shit all over him. He's just a kid that goes around helping everyone, he doesn't need thanks or praise. He never goes to the celebrations he is the cause for and he's never even remembered in him time. He just silently goes about his business of traveling time and taking on other worldly monsters.

I'd love it if his fate was to just wander the lost woods forever, falling into different worlds, saving them, and leaving. But no, those slit eyed gooks had to go fuck it up with hh
>>
>>342162478
Ok but that doesn't matter regarding the death. Every game should have a dead/alive split. It has nothing to do with time travels
>>
>>342162545
It was escapism, man. It's not healthy.
>>
>>342162545
That wasn't a fuckup though, he just wanted to get off the damn island.
>>
>>342162545
dream world

not real
>>
>>342162045
>my headcanon is canon.
>>
>>342162478
Yes, that explains the first split. It doesn't explain this one, does it?
>>
>>342162143
They should do that if Nintendo's plans to do movies ever happens/succeeds
>Start with OoT
>Go Majora's into Twilight for an easily understandable and small timeline
>>
>>342162316
No so botw takes place in the ww line, but link is taken from the defeat line, so instead of snatching down the line they would be snatching across the line
>>
It was a series of games that had related themes and characters and autistic children went full autism.
>>
>>342162756
It's certainly better than Nintendo's headcanon.
>>
>>342162882
>Nintendo's headcanon
You do realise what canon means right?
>>
>>342162834
wasn't there going to be a netflix series
>>
>>342162659
>>342162786
They fucked up the space time continuum in OoT, that's why.
>>
Can Ganon actually be killed or is it always temporary?
>>
>>342162993
Not anymore. They said they're gonna be making CGi movies themselves.
>>
>>342163005
Then it shouldn't be called
>The hero is defeated despite it's best efforts
but rather
>The hero fucked up time and shit we got three different universes
>>
>>342162107
You know what >>342159349 here said?

Defeat is the timeline where Link disappears mid way though his journey because canonically he went back in time once just around the desert temple to get the gauntlet splitting into the defeat line where Ganon rule unopposed as Link left suddenly. When Link pulled the sword again he returned no to the same future timeline as before but one where everything matched it in the tasks he did up until the initial sword pull.
>>
>>342162045
Minish Cap mentions the people receiving sacred light. Light is associated with Hylia.
>>
File: Hyrule Harem.jpg (178 KB, 753x1060) Image search: [Google]
Hyrule Harem.jpg
178 KB, 753x1060
Is there any place to talk about Hyrule Warriors? I need a decent place to farm gold materials, and also need to get good at "Kill 700 enemies in 5 minutes" to get Zelda's upgrade and Link's Great Fairy.
>>
>>342163079
One day hate will blossom into love.
>>
>>342163079
He was killed in TP. That's the only time thus far unless you count WW.

Technically he was killed in AttP but was resurrected.

FSA is a new Ganondorf/Ganon
>>
>>342163190
Didn't that come from the Picori along with the Four Sword?
>>
>>342163106
Wow, that should be interesting then.
>>
>>342163079
He actually has an easier time reviving from the dead than he does breaking out of a sealed alternate dimension. For the record, he's been dead at least 5 times already, and in two of those cases he literally exploded into ashes.
>>
>>342163137
Too long. Also, the important part is that he fucked up, and consequently died and time kept running in that direction too.
>>
>>342160487
>hes dead in majoras mask
NO. tp link is his descendant. a fucking 9 year old didnt start a family only go to die in a forest. he came back, started a family, probably with malon, also probably had only daughters, never got to pass on his skills, and died during a battle or something since hes still in full armor as a spirit

his grave is around hyrule castle in tp
>>
>>342163405
>tp link is his descendant
Different Link's aren't necessarily related by blood anon.
>>
File: image.jpg (217 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
217 KB, 1024x1024
What does the triforce even do exactly? Is it even a physical object because Link has that shit on his hand. Also triforce of courage literally does nothing.

>Ganonndorf gets enchanced strength and the ability to transform into a powerful beast
>Zelda gets powerful spells like time fuckery powers
>Link gets shit
>>
File: and he was a low friend.png (128 KB, 339x341) Image search: [Google]
and he was a low friend.png
128 KB, 339x341
>>342160810
Fallen timeline is canon. The other timelines and Ocarina's ending are not canon.
>>
Explain this OOT fags.

>travel to the future
>kill future ganon
>come back and put sword back
>current ganon is still alive
>hero u saved the world!
>THE END
>>
>>342162312

Well yeah, but now I want to see a Zelda game come after those first two. What would they do with the setting?

Personally, I'd love to see something like they did in Link to The Past where the Dark World distorted everything into these monsters and fantasy creatures, complete with the odd music when you were turned into a rabbit. Bring back the concept of the Moon Pearl and make that one of the main mechanics used throughout the game, rather than having items you use once in a dungeon and then never again. It would also be an excuse to introduce some sorely needed new monsters and other art-related elements into the series, and you could get away with it because it's technically not real.
>>
>>342163263
>Picori
These guys turns into kokiri and later into koroks right?
>>
>>342163405
>be Saria
>watch your lifelong friend and love leave for a few days
>he comes back a changed boy and inmediately heads off again
>get cucked by a farmgirl that he's known for all of a few days from your point of view
I don't even remember seeing that grave, I have to replay the game.
>>
>>342163643
Nah, Picori are entirely different I think.
>>
>>342163263
That could be a misunderstanding internally in the world. As the Picori are also said to have come from the sky. So it's possible that tales have got twisted. The picori make their gifts appear like fortune. So it may be that they've taken credit for something they had no part in. Or perhaps, they were the ones who gave light to Hylia, and that part of the legend was forgotten, since it would seem almost miraculous.
>>
>>342159349
The time travel in Zelda does not work that way, it's magical in nature and moreso based in the idea of sending one's consciousness into their future self like DoFP.

The hero falls timeline is based on a what if of you getting a game over or whatever during the fight with Ganon.
>>
>>342163079
If it isn't Ganon fucking shit up someone will still be doing it. Demise's curse guarantees it.
>>
File: TIME line.png (1 MB, 2264x3068) Image search: [Google]
TIME line.png
1 MB, 2264x3068
>>342161953
jesus christ, i look up official statements on the time inbetween the games
hyrules been fucked up for centuries.
>>
>>342163549
Hyrule historia says hero's shade is oot link and ancestor of TP Lin
>>
File: eyy.png (379 KB, 981x275) Image search: [Google]
eyy.png
379 KB, 981x275
>>342163549
Except Hero's Shade clearly called TP Link his son you mouth breather.

And he stated how he 'wasn't remembered for his actions", which described the ending to Majora's Mask quite clearly.
>>
>>342163809
Never played SS but this sounds pretty faggy
>>
>>342163560
It has the power to grant any wish. Which is why people fought over it for thousands of years.
>>
Link dying in OoT was canon before OoT even came out. It's not a "what if" scenario, it was directly stated by Miyamoto that OoT is supposed to be the "sealing war" that was mentioned in LttP's prologue. OoT Link has to die in order for Ganondorf to obtain all 3 pieces of the Triforce. If he doesn't die and keeps his Triforce of Power, then the sealing war can never happen and LttP never takes place.
>>
>>342163578

Link gets sent back as a Child further than the original starting point of the game and informs Zelda of Ganon's planned treachery. Ganandorf is executed.
>>
>>342163156
This actually makes a lot of sense
>>
>>342163560
I always assumed that it granted him passive resistance to certain things like dark magic.

I like to headcanon that the three pieces worked in a triangle like Pokemon, Courage can stand up to power, power beats wisdom, and wisdom beats courage, even if there's no real basis for it.
>>
>>342163549
>At last, the skills I have to teach
>you have entered the realm of
>true secrecy. They are forgotten
>ways that do not leave our bloodline.
>>
>>342163578
The only reason Ganon rose to power is because link opened up the temple of time.
Link went back to the past and didn't fuck up his second chance
>>
File: questions.png (22 KB, 300x188) Image search: [Google]
questions.png
22 KB, 300x188
>>342164080
then.. why did he open the temple of time in the first place?
>>
>>342159349
This, this is exactly what the hero fails reality means. BUT the stupid Hyrule historia book says the hero fails means that link couldn't defeat ganon. So retardedness is canon.
>>
>>342163348

Only the pig Ganon on the downfall timeline is known to be able to revive from death. Ganondorf is still a human in the other timelines because he was never able to gain all 3 pieces of the Triforce like he did in the downfall timeline.
>>
>>342163850
Not him but you do know that people don't necessarily mean "son" in the literal sense especially in a master/student relationship.
>>
>>342163578
he saved the future and then left, then some years later Ganondorf comes back in that timeline and WW happens

meanwhile OOT link goes to the past and tells on Ganondorf with the info and proff he got. ganon gets "executed" and gets the sage sword. TP happens
>>
>>342163549
Yeah, but the the Child Timeline is an instance of it being confirmed of being blood related.

If you want to go even deeper, every Link is and will be related to SS Link because he stayed on the surface with Zelda. Not sure if other people came down from Skyloft, but I digress.
>>
>>342164158
because a cute loli told him to
>>
>>342161654
>zelda 2
>good
pick one and only one
>>
>>342164296
There are two kinds of people when it comes to Zelda II: Those who love it and those who haven't played it enough.
>>
>>342163829
ALBW happens like two years after ALTTP though
>>
File: 1326694369570.jpg (66 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1326694369570.jpg
66 KB, 500x500
>>342164296
I pick this 5
>>
>>342163560
The Triforce of Courage gives Link you, the player.
>>
>>342164191
lol way to not read any of what i posted + the image
>>
>>342164181
Not completely true. In FSA he used the trident to fuse his own dead consciousness into a new incarnation of himself, and that one comes right after TP. And if BotW is really after WW, that means Ganon got de-stoned there as well.
>>
>>342164158
The plan was using the triforce to stop ganondrof. Nobody knew the master sword would freeze Link in time with the door open to dorf
>>
>>342157007
When Ganon knocks away the master sword from Link in OoT, he kills him before he can get it back.
>>
>>342157007
>Theres only one fallen hero timeline
>There is no timeline for every other Link that could have failed

Worst mistake Nintendo ever made was posting that official timeline chart.
>>
nigga fell down and couldn't get back up
>>
>>342164353
It's a bad game get over it
>>
>>342162659
>Every game should have a dead/alive split
why are you assuming they dont? nintendo could announce a zelda game where tetra dies when she fell off the homo king in wind waker and now we have a timeline where theres no zelda with the blood of the goddess AND no link with the soul of the hero. they simply choose to stick to ocarina of time out of convenience but they could do this with literally every game
>>
>>342164462
Well I mean I thought the sage of time froze him. because a kid vs a sorcerer he was going to get his shit canned
>>
>>342164567
You're bad at games, get over it.
>>
>>342164419
The image is vague and your post didn't say shit.
Happy?
>>
>>342163860
It's somewhat of a counterpart to Hylia's wish of always being reincarnated alongside her hero. Demise's hate was that intense that he ensured Hyrule will always have a shit stirrer every few centuries.

It is kinda lame
>>
File: 1466151551292.jpg (289 KB, 950x961) Image search: [Google]
1466151551292.jpg
289 KB, 950x961
>>342160771
He also settled down with Malon, r-right ;_;
>>
>>342163829
>all those direct sequels
so not including the new one
theres been 18 games but only 12 links?
>>
>Have you heard the legend of the "Shadow Folk"? They are the Sheikah...the shadows of the Hylians. They say they swore allegiance to the King of Hyrule and guarded the Royal Family. But with the long peace, no one has seen a Sheikah around here for a long time.

>long peace
>unification war concluding only 10 years prior to OoT
>long peace
What kind of fucked up shit happened around OoT?
>>
>>342164227
>every Link is and will be related to SS Link because he stayed on the surface with Zelda
Except for the Link's in the Adult and Downfall timeline. Although Adult might change after BoTW.
>>
>>342163549
youre right. but tp link is directly blood related to oot link
>>
>>342164515
But aren't the Twinrova sisters alive in the downfall timeline? Which means Link died before then
>>
>>342163079

Ganondorf can be killed. Ganon seems to stick around as an empty shell, corrupting the Triforce of Power with its presence.
>>
>>342164725
Well considering his supposed descendant is a farmboy living in the middle of buttfuck-nowhere, I'd say that Malon's the best bet.

No Link is ever a member of the royal family.
>>
File: links.png (3 MB, 2264x3068) Image search: [Google]
links.png
3 MB, 2264x3068
>>342164770
forgot pic
>>
>>342160771
>kills pretty much anything in one hit
>retarded
The hell is wrong with you?
>>
File: frodo.jpg (32 KB, 240x320) Image search: [Google]
frodo.jpg
32 KB, 240x320
Why don't they just wish away the triforce itself? problem fuckin solved bitches
>>
>>342164851
They're insane magic witches, they probably had backups.
>>
>>342164531
probably because all of the other Links being defeated only leads to Ganondorf ruling without a chance to defeat him. or because those options haven't been explored
>>
>>342164380
I'm so sorry.
>>
>>342164896
Because it shouldn't work. You can't use a quickdraw technique using a broadsword carried on your back.
>>
>Make shit with game with a million plot holes
>Write it off as genius and 2deep4u shit
>Make millions off retards

Just as bad as FNAF fags.
>>
>>342164921
They destroyed it in Lorule and look what happened there.
>>
I'm calling WW prequel then. It seems to make sense.
>Yay, we beat Ganondorf
>Bye Link, go have fun in the past where you snitch on Ganon before bad shit happens while we have the sealed Ganon
>Awe fuck Ganon's back
>We need a Link. What happened to the last one? Why isn't there a new one?
>Fuck it. Let's clone one/swipe one from another dimension
>Yay he won. Shit's still fucked. Hit the sprinklers
>>
File: 1466458880503.jpg (95 KB, 728x588) Image search: [Google]
1466458880503.jpg
95 KB, 728x588
>>342164921
Because the triforce is the source of Sheikah power, and they are the invisible hand who control Hyrule's destiny. They would not allow it to be any other way.
>>
>>342165023
Maybe YOU can't, but Link is the best swordsman in Hyrule after all.
>>
>>342164889
hold on
ALBW is the same as TFH Link?
>>
>>342161959

I want to see porn between those 2 in this exact art style/setting/lightning next to ganon's dead corpse.
>>
>>342163648
since tp link is a rancher, it just makes sense for him to come from a line of rancers. besides, malon is based on marin, who link loved. anyway, wolf link will be able to see the ghosts in that graveyard except for one. that one belongs to the cursed swordsman and his ghost isnt there
because he passed on in peace after teaching you his skills
>>
>>342164649
>born on a farm
>holds the triforce courage
>was given the hero's garb because of it
>some "random" dead guy refers to him as his son
>says he wasn't remember as a hero for his actions
>to appease his spirit, he teaches Link sword techniques that refer to OoT Link's moves

nah but it's all coincidence and the official timeline is nothing but a meme lie or whatever
>>
>>342164889

The Links in the defeat timeline put in a lot of work.
>>
>>342163829
and the time between the original battle between hylia, her hero, and demise is thousands of years before skyward sword
>>
>>342165239
Link just works for the actual owner of the farm. He's not related to him. He's a farmhand. He basically has Ingo's job. Thus he's not a member of the family. The farm probably has nothing to do with Malon or Talon.
>>
File: tfh.png (12 KB, 1656x48) Image search: [Google]
tfh.png
12 KB, 1656x48
>>342165224
Tri Force heroes in an embarrassment to the mainline Zelda games.
i wish it wasn't.
>>
File: 1461196053575.jpg (11 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1461196053575.jpg
11 KB, 200x200
>>342164640
>>
File: No Fun.jpg (71 KB, 448x473) Image search: [Google]
No Fun.jpg
71 KB, 448x473
>>342165507
>>
File: 1441670141798.png (366 KB, 724x600) Image search: [Google]
1441670141798.png
366 KB, 724x600
>>342165224
Yes, they've confirmed that Link in Triforce Heroes is the same by Link Between Worlds. The red and blue look-a-likes are some unknown travelers that decided to join in.
>>
>>342165296
>nah but it's all coincidence
This is Zelda anon nothing is straightforward.
Malon future is head canon and we don't know when or how Link even died.
Literally every after it's introduction Link holds the Triforce of Courage.
>Hero garb
>meaning shit
Your last two points have fuck all to do with anything.

You could have used the bloodline point but that could also be taken as this being the first time it's taught to someone outside of it.

I'll say this again, this is Zelda, NOTHING is straightforward.
>>
>>342164978
Maybe Ganon resurrected them I guess
>>
File: git gud.jpg (39 KB, 544x339) Image search: [Google]
git gud.jpg
39 KB, 544x339
>>342165560
>>
>>342157007
At the beginning of OOT, Link and Zelda are seeing visions of the future. Seeing the future, is the same as sending messages from the future to the past. For Link and Zelda to see a doomed future, it had to already exist in a timeline.
>>
>>342164889
>In 100 years they went from a flooded hyrule to having trains

most retarded sequel ever.
>>
File: links 2.png (4 MB, 2264x3384) Image search: [Google]
links 2.png
4 MB, 2264x3384
>>342165449
oh shit thats a good point, i forgot about the "offscreen" links
>>
>>342165071
What happened there? I didn't play the game because my 3ds got stolen
>>
>There's a timeline where link actually failed and was killed by ganon

I can't even comprehend this. How does Link possible lose against ganon? He's strong, clever and courageous - all Links are - but he still get defeated even though every single other link beats their ganon
>>
>>342165882
It takes place in a whole new continent, you idiot.
>>
>>342164770
So far there are 12 incarnations of Link and Princess Zelda
>>
>>342165882
Wind Waker had a lot of technology, already.
>>
>>342157007
The fallen hero would make more sense if OoT link stayed trapped in the sacred realm.
>>
>>342166006
The reason Lorule was the dark counterpart is because during their war for it they decided to destroy it.
It threw the world out of balance and it started to decay.
>>
>>342165507
Pretty much the only Zelda I haven't played yet. Can some kind anon fill me in on the lore details? History and geography of Hytopia would be a nice start.
>>
>>342166060
There are at least 13 Zeldas. The Zelda from Zelda II is actually the ancestor of Zelda I's Zelda.
>>
>>342165962
theres also a few other inbetween links that havent appeared in games. like the hero of men before minish cap and the hero that had the four sword and sealed vaati in it before four swords happened. that one was blood related to minish cap link too
>>
>>342162343
>ALttP, Zelda 2, Oracle, Ages
>Good Zeldas

????
>>
>>342157007
Basically it is a "what if" story. "What if the hero died against Ganondorf in Orcorina of Time?"
>>
I am still mad Anuma affected the only good timeline with his bullshit Toon Links everywhere
>>
>>342165882

The Spirit Tracks were there when they got there. Train tech was already around when they founded Hyrule or they sped up development due to already having train tracks covering the land.
>>
>>342164884
That's what I thought. At least she made him happy in life, but not death.
>>
>>342166026
There are timelines where every other Link loses as well, they just don't get covered

BotW is actually a sequel to Zelda 1 where Link was defeated by the first Octorok and was put into a coma, then years later he wakes up
>>
>>342166241
Those are not Links. What's the matter? Does fucking Link have to do every single thing in that world?
>>
>>342165882
>they went from using steam engines to using steam engines, on LAND 100 whole years later

the retarded one might be you
>>
>>342165753
>Literally every after it's introduction Link holds the Triforce of Courage.

TP Link was born with it.

In the Adult Timeline, Link had to earn it.

In the Defeat Timeline, Link had to piece the entire thing together.
>>
>>342165882
Dude, they went off to find a land to make a new Hyrule and found one with the Lokomo. The reason they have trains as well were to make use of the sealing tracks littered around the area.
>>
>>342166143

Maybe that's what they're doing now with BotW Link. Aonuma did say that the timeline in Hyrule Historia is not the final word and they can still change it around as they see fit.
>>
If Link keeps making babies with Zelda (WW, ST, SS, ALTTP, possibly others like MC) then why is Link always born a few generations later as a peasant boy? How come Spirit Tracks Link isn't royalty if only 100 years passed since Phantom Hourglass?
>>
File: 1387306414955.jpg (168 KB, 1372x767) Image search: [Google]
1387306414955.jpg
168 KB, 1372x767
>>342166252
>>
>>342166324
On the other hand, Link's just some orphan boy farmhand in Twilight Princess. So if he IS Malon's descendant, he didn't inherit the ranch.

That's the other thing about Links. They're always in the lowest possible strata of society and never inherit anything.
>>
>>342166375
apparently so since he is the one who has to do everything. the triforce was pulling link left and right to go help other lands because everyone else was a cuck in the oracle games
>>
>>342162343
>2d zeldas
>good
>>
>>342166228
I was counting AoL Zelda as well. It's:

>LoZ
>AoL
>ALttP / Oracle games
>OoT / MM
>FS
>WW / PH
>FSA
>MC
>TP
>ST
>SS
>ALBW

That's 12 Princess Zelda's not counting HW and maybe the new game.
>>
>>342166554
to be fair the fuckup that is OOT link had a pretty boss house and some land as well.
>>
>>342166698
I was counting BotW too, even if she's technically not confirmed yet.
>>
>>342166554
His ancestors (OoT's descendants) probably got cheated out of it.
>>
Why did Link's Uncle leave the house?
>>
>>342166843
He lived in a one-room tree-house and the land belonged to a tree.
>>
>>342166554

Link and Malon moved out of Hyrule and into Ordon. That probably means giving up the ranch.
>>
>>342158158
what if link's nightimare was actually the link from the hero fails timeline getting killed by ganondorf.
>>
>>342166554
Obviously not-Luigi got it instead.
>>
>>342167027
It was the Triforce of Courage sending a message that this shit will happen if you don't step the fuck up.
>>
>>342167142
>yo link
>yo
>this shits gonna happen if you don't do shit
>by the way don't be this failure, holy fuck.
>>
>>342164884
And Link has Epona in MM
>>
File: ganon.gif (465 KB, 384x239) Image search: [Google]
ganon.gif
465 KB, 384x239
>>342162074
If only they were fucking canon
>>
>>342167147
He revives the tree. Also, he loses the right to stay in the Kokiri Forest due to not being a Kokiri.
>>
>>342167147
>the tree died and link still owned the area
Okay how did Link own the area and why didn't a new Deku Tree sprout?
>>
>>342167235
1. that LITERALLY doesnt matter
2. epona was killed by skull kid
3. THAT epona is the termina counterpart
>>
>>342167241
You never know. HH did say they were not being considered for now, which is not the same thing as saying they are and will be forever non-canon.
>>
>>342163156
every change in the past you had to make by sending link back to the past was already in effect the first time you became adult, like the well in kakariko, so going back to the desert to get the silver gauntlets wouldn't change anything because it already happened
>>
>>342164819
The joke I was getting at was that every Link will be related to SS Link because he settled down with Zelda and they were the only ones on the surface. Meaning everyone in Hyrule is distantly related to Link and Zelda, assuming nobody on Skyloft went down.
>>
>>342167421
Holy shit I hope they never become canon. They would basically be the closest thing to a meme game unless Nintendo basicaly scraped and remade 80% of the content.
>>
File: 1455930680592.jpg (60 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1455930680592.jpg
60 KB, 960x720
>>342166545
>Windwaker will never release on 3ds
>>
>>342167324
If Link didn't own his house anymore after becoming an adult, why did they deliver the cow to his old house then
>>
>>342166241
>hero of men has no hat
>BotW Link has no hat
>>
>>342165095
Somewhere in the WW timeline seems to make sense, but there are certainly some inconsistencies. Isn't the Temple of Time or spirits or Limp Dicks or whatever hundreds of miles away in the WW timeline? It could just be chalked up to an oversight but still. If that Link really is a clone it'd make a bit of sense for it to be WW though.
>>
>>342167585
yeah and tloz link has no pants
>>
For someone known as the Hero of Time, Link sure is too early or too late a whole lot.
>>
So I get that Ganon is Dorf using the Triforce of Courage to channel Demise or some shit like that, but then whats Vaati's deal? Does he connect to anything or have any importance, or is he just some random guy who shows up a couple of times and then gets forgotten and replaced with Ganon?
>>
>>342167618

What do you mean hundreds of miles? If BotW takes place after WW it would be Old Hyrule, not New Hyrule so the Temple of Time makes sense.
>>
>>342167558
Because he has no other address. It's explicitly stated that only Kokiri are allowed to live in the forest. Also, the tree fully has the right to evict him if he so desires.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 67

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.