[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I was at work a while ago when I had this great idea for a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 7
File: army seals.jpg (28 KB, 400x320) Image search: [Google]
army seals.jpg
28 KB, 400x320
So I was at work a while ago when I had this great idea for a game /v/, hear me out.

So there's a fourteen year old young adult named Tyler Goodman who is mocked and ridiculed by his peers. His teachers berate him for not putting effort into his studies. His parents favor his younger siblings, who they have no expectations of, and he is ignored in favor of his younger sister.

One day, while Tyler is in class, a US Army General walks in and interrupts the lesson. He reveals that the regular standardized testing they took the month before is actually a means of covertly identifying potential military prodigies; while most of the tests come back negative, the few that come back positive are the basis for recruiting the figures most critical to U.S. defenses.

Normally these potential recruits are brought in and interviewed in private, but after years of searching, they found the only person to get a perfect score; Tyler himself. After cramming years of training into the span of a couple weeks, Tyler is put in charge of the Army's most elite SEAL squad, which takes orders directly from the President.

Tyler can hit targets with his M16 A4 from a mile away and reload its clip in 4/10s of a second, but does have what it takes to uncover and prevent World War III?
>>
Here's chapter 1?

NORTHERN MOSCOW

2800 HOURS

The sun had barely dusked when a whisper moved along the frozen tundra.Tyler sighed and tried to conceal a shiver in the -20 celsius air. He reached for his zippo to light a cigar, but found the fuel in the lighter had frozen. "Fucking shit!" he cursed.

Suddenly, Tyler saw motion on the horizon. He quickly peered into the scope of his trusty M-16 A4, complete with thermal scope and grenade launcher.

A mile and a half away, Vladmir Ivanov stood with his AK-47. Ivanov is an infamous terrorist who controls 80% of the black market oil and uses every dollar of blood money to pay for Iraqi scud missles aimed at key US military installations. The sooner someone puts a bullet in this son of a bitch's head, the safer the civilized world will be.

Ivanov released a stream of Russian profanity, pausing only to drink several bottles of imported vodka.

3.6 kilometers away, Tyler began to hold his breath to steady his aim. 2.5 seconds later, he pulled the trigger.

Ivanov's head simply exploded, like a watermelon hitting the pavement. He was dead before he hit the ground.

Tyler took out his his radio. "This is Eagle's Shadow, come in Freedom's Nest."

"Eagle's Shadow, this is Freedom's Nest. Can I get a sitrep on that charlie."

"Charlie has been tangoed. I repeat, Charlie has been tangoed, over."

"Roger. Proceed four clicks north for extraction."

Tyler lowered his gun and grinned.

"Shit happens when you lose you head."

Two months earlier...
>>
>>341344597
MORRIS COUNTY, NJ
0200 PM

"Tyler! You will respect me or you will fail! And tuck your uniform in, you know the dress code!" Mr. Stevenson barked.

Tyler sighed. Why should he respect his math teacher? He already knew the Pythagorean theorem anyway, no point in him doing the classwork. With a sense of resignation, he tucked his shirt in.

Mr. Stevenson gave a grunt of satisfaction and turned back towards the blackboard.

After what felt like days, Tyler was done with school. He got off the bus and walked into his house.

"Hey sweetie! How was your day?" His mother asked.

Tyler ignored her and went up to his room to play Call of Duty. He played until his mom called him down for dinner.

"How was school today, son?" His father asked.

"It fucking sucked."

"Tyler! Watch your language!" His mother admonished.

Tyler rolled his eyes at the umpenth attempt by his mother to control his life.

While his dad prattled on about his work day, Tyler interjected

"When am I getting my iPhone?"

"Son, we've been over this. We will pay for the phone if you will pay for the data plan. In fact, I was talking to your Uncle Ted and he said you can work for him as a cashier!"

"FUCK!" Tyler screamed, standing up from the table. "You're ruining my life! Why won't you give me the tools I need to succeed?"

"Son" Tyler's father started "I went through school without an iPhone, I think-"

But Tyler had already left the room. He wasn't going to listen his parents excuses.

Tyler was about to turn on the xbox, but his mom came in and said "Tyler, you have your standardized test tomorrow. You need to get some sleep!"

Tyler groaned, jabbed the Xbox power button, and went to bed.
>>
File: 1450001856198.jpg (2 MB, 1000x1644) Image search: [Google]
1450001856198.jpg
2 MB, 1000x1644
is this oc?
>>
>>341344870
Here's chapter 3?

MORRIS COUNTY, NJ
0900 AM
Tyler sighed as he fiddled with the leatherman multitools in his pocket. It was against school rules, but it wasn't like he gave a shit about those. Why should he suffer for his classmates' copious amounts of ignorance?

Mrs. Adler walked in. "Ok clas0s," she said "It's time to take the Standardized Test."

Tyler groaned, pulled out a pencil, and began filling in the bubbles before Mrs. Adler explained the rules.

The first question would have been very tough for Tyler's class, but he answered it with ease.

The same thing happened with the second. And the third.

Before he knew it, Tyler was filling out the bubbles at an incredibly rapid pace, like a machine gun knocking down targets on the firing range. Ten minutes later, he was done.

"Tyler," Mrs Adler said "This test is supposed to take 90 minutes. Are you sure you're finished?"

Tyler wanted to tell her that he wasn't retarded like the rest of the class, but he didn't want trouble so he just said "Yes, Mrs. Adler."

"Ok then, we'll see how you do!"

>>341344870
I've posted it for feedback before, but I'm working on a new chapter so I want more?
>>
Holy shit I haven't seen Tyler Goodman in fucking ages
>>
>>341345046
1600 hours- 2:00 PM

Tyler was in the hall getting ready to go home, when he was approached by Jeremy. Jeremy was one of those kids who pretended he was friendly with everyone, but Tyler alone seemed to recognize that Jeremy was a giant douche.

"Wow man, you finished that test really quickly. Do you think you did well?" Jeremy asked.

"I know I did" Tyler replied "The burdens of being a genius..."

"Yeah, yeah...hey, listen, man, my parents are away this weekend and I'm having a party tonight. You should come!" Jeremy said.
>>
>>341345046
>>341344759
>>341344597
>>341344325
How's it going Tyler? You should be what, like 19 by now? Is your life really so mediocre that you're STILL writing this?
>>
>>341345209

Tyler, smelling a trap replied "As if I want to go to your shitty party anyway, you'd just make fun of me!'

"Woah, man, that's not true! I-" Jeremy started, but Tyler, wise to Jeremy's wily ways, had already left.

After getting home, Tyler played some Modern Warfare 3 on his xbox for a while, until there was a knock on his bedroom door.

"FUCK!" Tyler yelled "Who is it?"

Tyler's younger sister Norah walked into his room.

"Hi big brother! How was your day?" she asked.

Tyler only grunted in response. He was about to turn away when he heard the sound of an iphone that had new email.
His eyes popped out ashe turned towards his sister to see an iphone in her hands.

"What the fuck!" he roared. "Mom and Dad wouldn't the iphone for me, but they'll get it for you! I always knew you were the favorite!"

"But Tyler, they offered me the same deal they gave you. I saved some money from my birthday and I pay the data plan each month." Norah said

"You get extra money for your birthday because mom and dad favor you! God, why can't they just treat me the same?"
Tyler complained.

"But Tyler, they DO treat you the same-" Norah said

"Get out!" Tyler roared, as he pushed her out of the room and locked the door. Refusing to come down for dinner, Tyler played Call of Duty for a few more hours before angrily going to bed.
>>
>14 year old
>young adult
>>
>>341345345
>Tyler, smelling a trap replied

Oh baby whens the slashfic
>>
>>341345345
3 MONTHS LATER
MORRIS COUNTY
0100 PM

Tyler woke up with a smile on his face. For the first time in ages, he was a free man.

His parents had grounded him after his English teacher noticed he was playing with his pocketknife under his desk. Not only did the principal flip out for no reason but his stupid partents decided it was grounds to punish him for the next 3 months. He didn't see the big fucking deal! They were just looking for an excuse to take his xbox and internet away. Why didn't they want him to have a social life?

"Good morning so-" his mother started, but Tyler sprinted past her into her bedroom, opened the closet, and ran out with the xbox before she could change her mind, as bad parents often do.

Tyler restored the xbox to its rightful place in front of his 36" TV in his bedroom, beamed at it, and ran out to take the bus to school.

As he walked outside, Tyler noticed an unmarked white van across the street. Men in suits were sitting inside of it with headsets on, speaking heatedly to one another. One man walked out of the van with flowers and started to mutter as he brought the cuff of his shirt to his face.

"Hmmmm, that's odd..." Thought Tyler. "Something's not right."

But he let go of it and got onto the bus.

>>341345312
I'm not Tyler?

I came up with this idea at work?
>>
>>341345478

Tyler sighed as he twirled the knob on his gym locker. Gym was just a place to kill time as he waited for the end of the day. Why should he play sports with his classmates? He was more physically capable than everyone else in his entire class.

"Alright Tyler, that was a decent hit of the softball. Unfortunately, Jeremy caught the ball and you're out," barked Mr. Simmons.

"WHAT THE HELL!" exclaimed Tyler, shocked that his teacher could not see that Jeremy had dropped the ball.

"Calm down, Tyler. BATTER UP!"

Tyler groaned as he went towards the sidelines. Ashley waited on the sidelines with a counseling look.would go next before the end of the game..."

"I'm sorry Tyler. I'm sure you'll make it home next time!".

Tyler could only look wistfully at the line ahead of him. "If only I-"

Ashley looked wistfully at Tyler. "Hey Tyler, we've been together for an entire semester. We know how amazing of a person you are. And if they don't see it, it's there loss."

Tyler forced a hesitant smile. "Thanks Ashley. You know how to make a guy recognize how great he really is."
>>
>>341345624
-------------------------------------------------

MORRIS COUNTY
14:00PM

"NEXT! Take your tray, young man".

Tyler groaned as he was presented with a square piece of pizza. Why couldn't he get good food? What Tyler wouldn't do for a beef hotdog, or some Mc Nuggets.

He declined the tray presented to him and said "I'll take an Uncrustables PB&J sandwich instead".

Tyler took his PB&J and moved down the line. He grabbed a Snapple Iced Tea and was moving down the line.

"Excuse me sweetie," said the fat bitch cafeteria worker Genny condescendingly. "Wouldn't milk go better with your PB&J? It's healthier too."

"I think I know what I want to drink," said Tyler coolly.

"Oh, OK. Have a great day!" said Genny, defeatedly.

Tyler rolled his eyes as he paid the cashier and filed out into the lunchroom. He sat down at the table with Ashley.

"Hey Tyler!" said Ashley enthusiastically.

"Hey Ash!" said Tyler cheerfully.

"Uncrustables again? You are a man of habit, Mr. Goodman", said Ashley coyly.

"What can I say? A man of genius knows when he's stumbled across something great."

Ashley and Tyler laughed as another guy joined the table.

"Hey Ashley!" said Jeremy deviously.

"Hey Jeremy! How are you?" inquired Ashley.

"I'm doing alright. Thanks for coming to my party a few days back... I hope you had a great time."

"I sure did! It's a shame Tyler was unable to join us."

Tyler could scarcely hold on to his Uncrustable and iced tea. He squeezed the Snapple so hard the can imploded and spilled all over the table.

"WHAT THE FUCK ASHLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" roared Tyler. His classmates reared their heads anxiously to learn what Ashley had done to anger him.
>>
>>341345769

"I...just wanted to have fun last Friday.... and Jermey invited me to the party...I thought you'd b-b-be there!" stammered Ashley.

"THIS IS HOW YOU TREAT ME? AFTER WE'VE BEEN TOGETHER AN ENTIRE FOUR MONTHS!?!" screamed Tyler in agony.

Jeremy tried to defuse the ticking time bomb of Tyler's emotions, but he was no match. "Tyler, just relax. Ashley was coming into the party to help me impress some friends. She didn't mean to offen-"

Tyler could not be counseled by petty offers. He took the uncrustables and threw it squarely at Jeremy. It hit Jeremy like an airstrike on the battlefield and Jeremy wailed as the sandwich burst violently, like a frag grenade, on his face.

Ashley looked stunned. "Tyler, I...I...."

"Can it, you...you....bitch." cussed Tyler.

"WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS" said a voice shrilly.

Tyler groaned. Here were the cafeteria nazis, to ruin his statement.

Principal Weinstein trotted down the stairs. "A food fight? Screaming and yelling? This is simply un-accep-table." She enounciated, in a condescending manner.

Tyler rolled his eyes as she approached. She knew how to keep the right down and the sneaky going.

"Tyler, I cannot believe you instigated this. After your last incident....I am sorry. But I must susp-"

"That'll be enough, Principal Winstein." said a voice authoritatively and coolly.

Tyler looked up to see a man he never thought he would meet. A man revered for his influence on the battlefield. One of the few military men revered enough to achieve rank M1.

"General Abrams!" breathed Tyler.

END OF CHAPTER 6
>>
>>341345385
In the U.S, it's pretty common for kids as young as 12 to be tried as adults in the court. There's a 14 year old doing a year in county here for possession of marijuana, one ounce. Parents were too poor to afford a lawyer.
>>
File: 1397782346437.jpg (246 KB, 900x660) Image search: [Google]
1397782346437.jpg
246 KB, 900x660
i don't know what the fuck is going on
>>
Looks like a good game, OP. I'd play it.
>>
>>341346085
I'm posting my game idea?

What do you think?

>>341346225
Thanks?
>>
>>341346391
Keep posting anon, its really good so far?
>>
>>341346479
I fucking see what you did there?
>>
File: 1464748786509.jpg (469 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
1464748786509.jpg
469 KB, 2000x2000
This is a copy pasta from like YEARS ago.

It's fucking RIPE. You guys will enjoy it.

It's probably 100% real though. Someone probably posted this seriously at one point. Can't make this shit up.
>>
>>341346003
I'm all up for trying little shitheads but dont tell me he's an adult. Hell, most of the new arrivals at my workplace act like fucking children, that or i'm too old and see everything as childish.
>>
>>341346479
>>341346479
Thanks?

Unfortunately, I lost some of the later chapters? I think I may need to rewrite them?

Tyler is recruited by General Abrams and before long he becomes the leader of his team?
>>
>>341347109
Sorry, I've had writer's block for a while?

I was wondering if you guys might have any ideas or suggestions?
>>
>>341347109
Sorry, i didnt read thru this shit, i stopped at "14yo young adult" and didnt bother with the remaining bullshit.
>>
Goddamn this takes me back, I feel old as shit now.

Fuck the other ancient jaded anon who reposted it
>>
>>341347445
Man. It's been like a whole year and a half. There is no way you're still 14. Aren't you like 16 or something?

I know you're just trolling, but you gotta be self aware. Obviously this is just a power fantasy and the main character is you.
>>
Ok David Cage but where does the game part come into this?
>>
Is this Tyler Goodman's House Of Pain?
>>
>>>341347649

I'm an adult? I came up with this idea at work?

>>341347483
What's wrong with that?

>>341347565
Sorry you don't like it?

>>341347745
It's like Call of Duty, but better?

When you play as Tyler, you are stronger and have custom weapons?
>>
>>341344325
>clip
>>
>>341348079
So where's the idea for the game?
>>
>>341348316
I just gave it to you?

It's a FPS with Tyler as the main character?
>>
File: Burritos.jpg (96 KB, 600x782) Image search: [Google]
Burritos.jpg
96 KB, 600x782
>Army
>Navy Seals
>>
>>341348353
But where's the gameplay, eggman? You said there would be gameplay.
>>
>>341348624
The gameplay is like call of duty? I just explained that?
>>
>>341348703
So your idea for a video game is to copy another video game?
>>
>>341348786
Yes, but better? And it will have Tyler, who is a much more developed character than Call of Duty's faceless heroes?
>>
I love this pasta?
>>
>>341348906
But how is it better you haven't said anything about the gameplay.
>>
>>341349168
There will be a squad of soldiers that you command? Each has their strengths and weaknesses?

Since Tyler is so talented, you will have access to his unique talents and custom gear and weaponry?

It will also push a stronger single player campaign than Call of Duty?
>>
am i doing it right?
>>
>>341349382
Ok? But? Where's? The? Gameplay?
>>
>>341349736
How do I further describe gameplay?

This is an forum?

Also, I'm not a programmer? I can't make the demo?
>>
I found the other chapters?

Here's chapter 7?
---

CHAPTER 7: FREEDOM'S NEST
MORRIS COUNTY
15:00 PM

General Abrams stood in front of Tyler stoically and smiled.

"Hello Tyler."

Tyler's eyes opened wide. "You know me, sir?"
"Your country needs you now, Tyler. You're coming with me."

"What about his education?" Interjected principle Weinstein. "Tyler isn't a legal adult. Tyler doesn't know how to balance a checkbook, much less advanced calculus."

Tyler rolled his eyes. Classic Weinstein, wanting people to learn shit they'd never use.
"Tyler is already surpassing his high school peers on the standardized test. He's the highest score we've ever seen. In the interest of national security, Tyler is ours."

Tyler was lead out by men in uniform to a black Hummer H1 with military tires & grille.
Tyler sat in the passenger's seat. "We need you to put this on, son," said General Abrams, handing Tyler a blindfold. Tyler tied the blindfold and wondered where he was being taken.
--------------
>>
>>341350347

FREEDOM'S NEST
CLASSIFIED
18:00 PM
Tyler walked for an extremely long time. How long were they going to keep him walking? It was fine, though; Tyler could run laps around his classmates, running a mile in a mere 8 minutes and 23 seconds.
Finally, a pair of hands took the blindfold off.
"Welcome to Freedom's Nest, Tyler." said General Abrams.
Tyler's eyes opened wide as he looked around the base. Giant tanks, PATRIOT missles, F16 Stealth Bombers, the latest and greatest military technologies, all on display.
"We need you now to fight the war on terror. America's enemies seek to harm us to a greater degree than ever before. We need smart, forward thinking Americans to counter the threat at home and abroad - men who can act alone and can take out America's enemies before they can do harm."
>>
I've somehow never seen this pasta before.
>>
>>341350493

You'll attend training with a senior officer. In the meantime, here is your firearm. "

Tyler was given a Skoprion vz. 62, with the latest clip and composite technology. It could hold 30 bullets in its clip and with the plastics used, it was undetectable by the latest metal detectors - making it the ultimate weapon for the lone wolf.

"And here is your communications device," said General Abrams. "I think you'll enjoy it."

Tyler opened the box and breathed loudly. Inside was a box with camoflauge and the Apple logo: The military iPhone 8.
>>
>>341350645

"...iPhone 8?" breathed Tyler. "Didn't the 6s just come out?"

"Oh, but of course, the US military is always three steps ahead. We wouldn't have given you the 7 - we want you to have the latest and greatest in communications technology."

"Wow" said Tyler quietly.

"Your iPhone can call any satellite in the world. It's ruggedized for military usage with extra strength gorilla glass, so it can withstand the weight of a tank running over it and can be dropped from over two thousand feet without getting a scratch. It can connect to any US satellite in the world for calls and internet, and can call an airstrike on any position with GPS in ninety seconds or less. It has an experimental kinetic battery powered by the movement of the accelerometer that will charge the phone, even when it's in your pocket. And it's thinner than an iPhone 6s. "

"This is amazing!" said Tyler euphorically. Finally, life was treating him right; he was getting what he deserved. Wait until Norah saw this!
"It's amazing what Jobs can create."

"Steve Jobs? I thought he was dead?" inquired Tyler.

"Oh yeah... that's the official story," stated General Abrams.
General Abrams bent down and looked Tyler in the eye. "Tyler, we need you now more than ever. Your training starts at 1000AM tomorrow. That's 0900AM with daylight savings time."

Tyler looked General Abrams in the eye confidently and stated "I'll be there."

END CHAPTER 7

---

That's all I have for now?
>>
Most people keep their teenager fantasies in their head.
>>
>>341350798
how many books have you written OP? this is gold
>>
>>341350798

That can't be it all. Continue?
>>
>>341351442
>>341351571

This is my first major work?

Thanks for the encouragement, though? I'm working on a chapter that explains the truth behind the Greek debt crisis that happened a while back?
>>
File: 1444440299377.gif (232 KB, 510x662) Image search: [Google]
1444440299377.gif
232 KB, 510x662
>>341350798
>Your training starts at 1000AM tomorrow. That's 0900AM with daylight savings time
I'm stealing this for a game im making
>>
>>341350645
>clip
>military iPhone 8 and not some CATerpillar model

How much are they paying you? I want in on your scheme.
>>
>>341350645
>with the plastics used, it was undetectable by the latest metal detectors
What about the bullets?
>>
>>341346085
das a kute goggy
>>
>>341352168
They're made of a space-age nonmetallic alloy?

>>341351889
I'm not being paid for this? You can't put a price on freedom?
>>
This is not even so bad it´s good, it is just really bad, which makes me wonder why anyone would waste time on writing it.
>>
>>341352370
Than don't pick a shitty flimsy as shit phone to market as be all end all communication device when superior devices for harsh conditions exist. Do some research.
>>
>>341352370
>alloy: a substance composed of two or more metals, or of a metal or metals with a nonmetal
>nonmetallic alloy
>?
>>
>>341352370
>You can't put a price on freedom
Then why can you buy slaves?
>>
>>341352814
>>341352921

Picky cucks! So far, this is so much better than the battlefield 1 fantasy game
>>
>>341346003
> too poor to afford a Laywer

What happened to "you have the right to an attorney, if you cannot afford an attorney one will be provided for you" (or whatever the exact wording of that thing is). I've seen Better Call Saul, I know how the law works.
>>
>>341351835
Fuck it, me too
>>
>>341353382
Constructive criticism is now being picky? Jesus man I'm just giving some pointers.
>>
>>341354154

I was not OP. I'm just saying it's a game about a 14 year old young adult who will prevent world war III... so!
>>
>>341352814
It's custom made for Tyler and is way more durable than a regular iPhone?

He needs the best because he is the best?
>>
>>341355408
A fucking company that even didn't help its own government to crack one of their products for national security and focuses on selling over priced hipster products makes an exclusive tech for military purposes? You can't make this shit up.
>>
>>341355771
Steve Jobs is a patriot?
>>
>>341356080
Steve was long gone when OGA asked them to crack an ISIS terrorist phone. Of course they said no because it would look bad in the public eyes.
>>
File: 1461985068590.jpg (80 KB, 627x541) Image search: [Google]
1461985068590.jpg
80 KB, 627x541
>someone actually wrote all this
>someone thought this thread was a good idea
>they wanted (you)s THIS bad to make something so horrible
>>
>>341355771
They already had hacked the phone, they just pretended by asking 'politely' so people wouldn't go nuts because they can already hack into your precious sexting
>>
>>341356080
Man, your game won't see the daylight, but it could be a great comi-- err... graphic novel
>>
>>341356597
Than where did the money go for the hacker code?
>>
>>341353393
They don't provide you a private attorney, they give you a public defender who is probably working a dozen other cases at the same time. They usually just tell you to take a plea deal anyway.
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.