[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Metall/u/rgy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /u/ - Yuri

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31
File: 1448940417074.png (259 KB, 822x740) Image search: [Google]
1448940417074.png
259 KB, 822x740
A dying star >>2007187

Questions to expand on some elements?
Will Argon ever reveal who her mysterious girlfriend is?
When will Tellurium put a stop to the rumours surrounding her love?
What will push Iron into finally getting a grip on her regrets?
Is Lithium vaguely aware of her daughters' relationships but doesn't know how to act upon such information?
Just who is the cute little thing hanging off Polonium lately?
>>
File: A.png (593 KB, 1570x878) Image search: [Google]
A.png
593 KB, 1570x878
>What is it?
/u/ put their goggles on tight enough that they started shipping personifications of chemical elements, metals in particular. We started from the nuclear family of a Gold/Silver couple and their daughter Copper, and have been slowly expanding out. Done with a mixture involving some amounts of science and additional amounts of "this would be cute" when it comes to establishing an element or couple.

>Fics
http://archiveofourown.org/series/354770

>Art
http://imgur.com/a/XLhFm
>>
I'd watch this show.
>>
Coming soon: charts
>>
File: metallurgy.png (110 KB, 3134x724) Image search: [Google]
metallurgy.png
110 KB, 3134x724
>>2021472

First things first, the table which got some good fleshing out during the last thread.
>>
File: metallurgy brainstorming.png (179 KB, 826x4821) Image search: [Google]
metallurgy brainstorming.png
179 KB, 826x4821
>>2021472

The discussion table, featuring elements still not very well known but discussed.
>>
File: literally whos.png (3 KB, 639x127) Image search: [Google]
literally whos.png
3 KB, 639x127
>>2021472

And then there's the literally whos; the elements that didn't even got a mention, let alone an idea (seriously, who even knows about Gadolinium?).
>>
File: metallurgy TNG.png (7 KB, 639x261) Image search: [Google]
metallurgy TNG.png
7 KB, 639x261
>>2021472

There was some discussion about HO-, so I made a small chart for eventual discussion about the next generation, also known as the Borax generation (poor Nichrome who was actually the first future alloy).
>>
File: metallurgy ships.png (90 KB, 1870x905) Image search: [Google]
metallurgy ships.png
90 KB, 1870x905
>>2021472

And lastly, because we're on /u/ and that's what we do: the shipping chart.

green or blue: established in canon either in profile (green) or fic (blue).

orange: not featured in canon, but as good as settled.

red: only got a passing mention but not really discussed (nd no, nobody actually suggested BiSb, but I'm suggesting it now).

grey: pending pairing

And no, nobody actually suggested BiSb, but I'm suggesting it now.
>>
Writing sitrep: Zn's profile after a night of sleep.
>>
File: 1458906485010.png (197 KB, 652x755) Image search: [Google]
1458906485010.png
197 KB, 652x755
>>2021490
Damn going by some of these names, maybe the city is a metropolis or cosmopolis. What's the red for?
>>
File: metallurgy relationships.png (65 KB, 2960x713) Image search: [Google]
metallurgy relationships.png
65 KB, 2960x713
>>2021507
>What's the red for?

Elements that are mentioned/referenced in "established canon" material and therefore not really up to modification.

Also >>2021501 is the wrong image, have the proper one.
>>
Does someone have the pic of AgAu made from their alone pics? I had a brain fart and saved the thumbnail by mistake.
>>
>>2021643
Got yo back.
>>
>>2021645
Cheers, mate!
>>
>>2021454
>A dying star
not yet, we're still going strong damn it
>>
File: 1446012514061.png (294 KB, 1012x809) Image search: [Google]
1446012514061.png
294 KB, 1012x809
>>2021685
It was a joke about elemental creation. The old thread gave life unto this one and I'm not as clever as I think I am.

>>2021515
Would it feel right if Lithium had a wife or girl? She seems like a person that might be on the fence about it.
>>
>>2021455
Cobalt looks like a palette swap of Patchouli.
I keep imagining that she's holding a book and getting weirded out that it's not there.
>>
>>2021691
>Would it feel right if Lithium had a wife or girl?

I would think that sure but not right now; when she's thinking about her succession, but when that's sorted out,definitely.
This can also work with her having someone crushing on her but she refuses anything as long as the matter of her succession is not sorted out.

No idea of who, though, so suggestions welcomed
>>
>>2021515
Isn't Carbon supposed to incapable of keeping any kind of steady relationship? I thought Iron is just the mother of her daughter.
>>
>>2021704

flonium hinted at a FeC fic, but as of now, Fe and C broke up, so I put them in orange.
>>
>>2021697
Reasonable. My first thought on the topic is actually Beryllium but there's nothing to support it outside of using it as a chance to expand upon both elements.

Thinking about the conditions on actually dating Lithium make me think she might just date someone her own age or fall into such a thing because of the potential ease and the like. Of course this is after the succession thing works out. It might just come down to people/women she encounters rather regularly.

Speaking of heirs, I had a thought about how Iron and Steel could inadvertently run into each other through happenstance: Vanadium

I can certainly see Zinc or perhaps Manganese and Zn together forcing Iron into getting a massage and as she's leaving she bumps into Ti and Steel or maybe Steel and Terne.
Though I'm sure Flonium might have something better imagined.

>>2021704
Not really incapable, she just has mixed feelings and is more concerned about Steel than keeping one. Both Iron and Carbon are damaged from what happened and it weighs them down in various ways.
>>
>>2021704
I was under the impression that it was more along the lines of them still very much having feelings for each other and Carbon dating a lot to try and fill the void.

Could be completely wrong though.
>>
>>2021711
Well that, referencing Class-M, and a joke about how Carbon just ignites this unquenchable passion in the girls causing them to take her. However, yes there are still some feelings between Fe and C because of various reasons.
>>
Do we have any twincest yet? I feel like that's kinda necessary, so maybe Pr and Nd.
>>
>>2021715
That's kinda reliant on them looking like copies unless you wanna go with fraternal twins. There's also the potential for another scandal since Pr's the mayor and she's already been through one scandal. If Pr and Nd were together, how would it happen and had it been going on for long?

RuRh could potentially be such with a touch of reworking.
>>
>>2021716
Identical twincest is best twincest.
>>
>>2021716
>RuRh could potentially be such with a touch of reworking.

I'd get behind that, don't know why but PrNd doesn't click with me.
>>
>>2021716

Maybe identical except with different preferred styles (fashion). I was thinking that Pr could be one of those mayors that remain in power because nobody else wants the job (though she is also pretty good at it).
>>
>>2021722
I'm not sure myself but if nothing else, real world application seems to like them together because of magnets, and their miracles, along with didymium being a thing though I think MS referenced that with their name. Maybe it's an age thing or the lack of discussion around them.

>>2021723
>different preferred styles (fashion)
Reasonable enough since they're so damn similar physically, I'd love to see Pr rocking a fur coat that goes down to her ankles or lower part of her in big events. The idea of her staying in power because no one could be arsed could work, though I feel that's a contradictory sign to the city's size.
>>
>>2021728

I think it's because when I wrote Nd in B's profile, I imagined her quite separated from Pr. But we kind of phased out Nd's relation with B (in that form at least) so I'm ambivalent about the whole thing really.
>>
Being Zinc is suffering.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/5253113/chapters/14571601

>ctrl+F Iron
>39 matches

Goddamit Iron.
>>
>>2021716

>>2016030
It could be the scandal instead of legal reasons that causes her clientele to dry up.
>>
>>2021734
Poor Zinc and Iron.
>>2021715
Outside of PrNd there was an anon floating the idea of MnMg being related to some degree so they have the potential for twincest as well.
>>
>archiveofourown.org/works/5253113/chapters/14628499

So I just kinda found out that the word "masseuse" is heavily associated with "happy endings" whereas "massage therapist" is the term associated with the professional who got a license (invigoratemassageandwellness.com/2013/06/04/massage-therapist-vs-masseuse-whats-the-difference/). It may be a very small detail, but I still think it's pretty important to make clear that's not the kinda service she provides and this seems like the easiest way.
>>
>>2021765
>I still think it's pretty important to make clear that's not the kinda service she provides

It is important, thanks for pointing that.

Made the correction, also slightly changed Cobalt's profile a bit (about Pt).
>>
archiveofourown.org/works/5253113/chapters/14439052

Has the secret relationship gotten sexual or are they still trying to adjust to the dynamics that changed when they got together?
>>
>>2021786

Wasn't there some anon who wanted to write some TlPo?
>>
>>2021786
They're probably still adjusting
Po-kun has a tendency to molest Tl-chan every night when she gets home and Tl-chan can't put up a fight half the time and she's starting to like it.
>>
>>2021793

Please no molestation.
>>
>>2021843
Don't worry, there isn't really anything close to that outside of maybe tipsy Po getting handsy depending on the drink. It'll most likely be treated as a serious, loving, incestuous relationship.
>>
File: runner up for otp couple.png (370 KB, 1422x856) Image search: [Google]
runner up for otp couple.png
370 KB, 1422x856
>>2021734
http://pastebin.com/XdKEXHpP
There you are.

Only extra thing I have to comment on it, is that I think Zinc's hair might benefit from you having a note at the bottom to your picture in >>2015297 to get it across. Cause, frankly, I'm torn on whether to use hue or luster to describe the green sheen. I think luster is more proper since it's a sheen.
>>
>>2021490
So what's the reasoning behind Pr's name choice?
>>
>>2021855
>http://pastebin.com/XdKEXHpP

Thanks!

Also:

>Comic sans

Very funny Apil fool's, pastebin, I'm laffin'

>>2021845
>tipsy Po getting handsy depending on the drink

Oh, right, as long as Tl can easily resist but deliberately chosses not to.

>>2021760
>MnMg being related to some degree so they have the potential for twincest as well.

I like the sound of that

>>2021864

Her family name? French form of Didymium, a compound of Pr and Nd, that was believed to be an element, until Pr and Nd got separated. Used the french name because I didn't want a human name in "-ium".
>>
>>2021870
I meant Prisca, since I figured Priscilla would've been the more obvious choice but hardly matters since the name itself is pretty fitting.

>I like the sound of that
It does work better than PrNd, considering their occupations. I wonder who the eldest twin is.
>>
>>2021872
>I meant Prisca, since I figured Priscilla would've been the more obvious choice but hardly matters since the name itself is pretty fitting.

The first name is often a completely arbitrary pick, not always, but for Pr it's the case.

>I wonder who the eldest twin is.

I'd say Mn, since Mn had uses since the ancient times.
>>
>>2021875
Fair enough, for both of things. Though I still want Praseodymium to have something of an iconic fur coat.

Has there been any sort of interaction or even discussion about how Mn and Mg would act like if they talked to each other?
>>
>>2021878

No, just that they might be related and, just now, that a possibly incestuous relationship.
>>
>>2021879
That's a shame. Well if nothing else, they probably bicker ferociously between themselves.
>>
>>2021883
>they probably bicker ferociously between themselves.

That'd depend on whether or not they're an item.
>>
>>2021917
Let's say they are. Bickering leads to a lot of angry sex and make up sex between twins if it gets really heated. If they aren't, they could still bicker. It's was more of a reference to how flammable they are. Though thinking on it, that might just be magnesium.
>>
>>2021925

Might just be me, but I fond the idea of bickering twins not really compatible with incestuous twins. I see incestuous twins as very, very close, and it kind of clashes with the idea of a relation with a lot of bickering.
>>
>>2021983
Reasonable enough Paul, and to be true to the elements. It seems like magnesium is the real explosive one.
>>
>>2021983
>>2021988

That's why I'm leaning towards PrNd to be the twincest pair.
>>
>>2021989
What if it lead into the incest? Like one day back during school, Mg came home late and Mn was being all weirdly possessive asking why her twin came home so late. Lead to an argument that amount to 'I don't like your friends and as eldest I don't want you seeing them' and Mg snaps back or something and Mn's rage finally snaps and she launches herself at Mg leading to a rough make out session. Halfway through, Mg realizes that her twin was jealous that her friends kept getting all her attention and well yeah leads into them being an 'on again, off again' couple until maybe further past year zero where they love each other too much to really be with any one else.
>>
>>2021995

There's a problem with that: Mg was B's GF during her mid 20's.

Personally I'd go with RuRh who have a lot of room, and MgMn as a classic anee/imouto pair.
And now that I think about it, we forgot that Mn is also involved with C.
>>
>>2022005
Well the 'on again off again' thing could've been used to get around that but fair enough Lesley.

I'm actually all for Ruth and Rh to be the twincest since they could play up the identical twin thing through being Pr's aid. Like mysteriously popping up whenever Pr needs something important or some other things twins are known for that I'm currently blanking on.
>>
>>2022008
>Like mysteriously popping up whenever Pr needs something important

I'm getting flashback from Bioshock infinite and the Lutece twins.
>>
>>2022005
>>2022008

Who are we going to pair Pr and Nd with? Almost all of the other magnetic elements have been shipped (granted Pr isn't magnetic by itself, but when combined with Nd makes extremely strong magnets).
>>
>>2022013
Samarium for one of them possibly. Manganese could be another since the naming convention for Mn has history with magnetite.
>>2022012
Yeah like that, talking! Finishing each others sentences, that's another thing they could do and weird Pr out. Might lead to Pr asking Nd if they ever came close to doing that.
>>
>>2022012
>Lu-best twins
Yes.
>>
>>2021786
It's still right on the borderline. Both of them are almost cautious about the feelings of the other, (partially due to inexperience) while also just beginning to explore the sexual side of their relationship.

Po wouldn't do anything Tl wasn't okay with. I imagine she would even quit drinking because of her as their relationship progressed.
>>
>>2022027
Come on Su, Po wouldn't completely quit drinking. She'd just solely drink wine and the bubbly.
>>
>>2022028
And mostly in special occasions, at that.
>>
>>2022031
Of course, though it is cute imagining the few times when Tl runs into a possible affectionate cuddle monster that might be drunk on white wine Po.
>>
>>2022032
Oh, totally. That's when most of the accidental breast smothering happens.
>>
>>2022035
I wouldn't be surprised if Tl got some courage and tried to feel up Po's butt when she's being smothered. I'm glad we could discuss this Cheri
>>
>>2022040
That's definitely a thing that happened. It's better than she could have ever imagined.

It's a pleasure, Pauline.
>>
Is the anon wanting to write TlPo still around?
>>
>>2022042
Now if only the write friend who was interested in them was here to capitalize on the musings.
>>
>>2022051
>>2022053
That's me, sorry.
>>
>>2022055
Iz okay Yuro . I'm sure Nina and Juanita were hoping you were still around because of the TlPo stuff.
>>
>>2022059
I'd never miss an opportunity to talk about my favorite couple.
>>
>>2022065
How often do you think Tl sleeps in one of her aunt's worn dress shirts?
>>
>>2022068
Every chance she gets, which is to say, as often as she can.
>>
>>2022074
Has Po found out and occasionally puts a spritz of her perfume on Tl's night wear?
>>
>>2022078
The scent of her aunt helps her fall asleep, or keeps her up, depending on what mood she's in.
>>
>>2022083
So Po doesn't know, yet, about this quirk of Tl's?
>>
>>2022092
When she does discover, still pre-relationship ( because they'd sleep in the same bed most nights after ), she'd probably find it adorable and do as you said with the perfume.
>>
>>2022008

If we establish RuRh as incestuous Lutece twins, where does it leave their former backstory with Pd, Ir, and Os.
>>
>>2022376
It could still be there? IrOs might depend more on age though that just makes IrOs older than they probably are in my mind. Their involvement could also allow for a bit of fun in how IrOs got together if they both taught a class in the same building while Ru and Rh kept posing as the other and Ir or Os were the only ones to readily catch it.

It would be a case of Ir or Os interacting with their future wife when dropping off the proper twin and picking up the other.

Pd has a easier connection, possibly, with her mentor being Silver. Especially since she turned down a position on the city council. I wouldn't be surprised if Pr or the person she has running the treasury department call upon Silver from time to time for help or advice, much to Silver's possible annoyance. Causing Silver to possibly use Pd to pass some papers along or some other thing that could have Pd running into the platinum twins while handing something to an official.
>>
>>2022098
You think Tl would have some mild jealousy if one of her classmates said her aunt was hot?
>>
>>2022533
A bit! Later Po would laugh and ask why she's been pouting and hugging her more than usual.
>>
>>2022540
Damn that's pretty cute. That makes me wonder if Po would a hentai line when Tl's coming onto her. Obviously something like ' Are you sure you want an old hag like me.' but maybe a touch nicer.
>>
>>2022560
Mhm, something like that.
>>
>>2022468

So I did some research in the first thread and it turns out nothing was really defined, despite a lot of ideas proposed. Pd's profile doesn't establish anything either, so I guess Ru and Rh are pretty much up for grabs.

Here's what I'm thinking: RuRh are neighbors of PtPd and they were Pd's sempais. They went to the same highschool where IrOs were teaching, but unlike Pd, they weren't really interested in chemistry and eventually got involved with Pr.
>>
>>2022638
Would they still be neighbors or at least Palladium's neighbor? I like it, though how old would they be since I don't see them joining up with Pr right out of secondary.

Speaking of Pr, is there an age for her and Nd? The mayor stuff gives the feeling that she's in her forties if she's been doing so well that no one readily opposes her.
>>
>>2022653
>Would they still be neighbors or at least Palladium's neighbor?

I imagine they would've have moved out. As for their age, I picture them 3 years older than Pd, so 29 at year zero.

For Pr, I'd put her at like 36 but she's been mayor for some time. I imagine RuRh would've met Pr while still at the uni, when Pr was starting her political career, and it's with their help that Pr rose to power.
>>
>>2022656
So Pr and Nd are 7 years older? Well Pr, since Nd could just be her imouto. Either way, it sounds good. I wonder if Pr ever tried to figure them out or if she eventually just gave up after they helped her with the scandal.
>>
>>2022659

What would be Nd's occupation? I know the private detective idea has been thrown, but I'm not really sold on that; I fear it would limit Nd's story potential.
>>
>>2022676
I think the only other thing suggested or has been used is sound engineer so it'd take a bit of research to figure out something better.
>>
>>2022676
Well outside of using light puns to make her an investigative reporter, there's not a lot. Maybe she works with Po in the energy department because of Nd's heat capacity.

She could be a coworker's of Argon because of Nd's use in Sm-Nd dating or maybe that's how she meets her gf.

If we wanted to rework the sound thing, we could make her an orator or something where she helps Pr with speechs.
>>
>>2022690
>She could be a coworker's of Argon because of Nd's use in Sm-Nd dating or maybe that's how she meets her gf.

I don't follow why Nd would be Ar's coworker.

>If we wanted to rework the sound thing, we could make her an orator or something where she helps Pr with speechs.

Might just be me, but I want to se Pr as a competent mayor who does her speeches.
>>
>>2022707
Sm-Nd dating is a type of age identifying like carbon dating.

Good point for Pr. Newscaster perhaps than for Nd.
>>
>>2022765
>Sm-Nd dating is a type of age identifying like carbon dating.

Oh I see.
Reporter/journalist for Nd? That's a good idea.

Also:

>Sm-Nd dating

There we have our Nd pairing
>>
>>2022768
Well considering Nd's potential age I was thinking she'd have moved beyond the fieldwork but yeah something in those fields.

If SmNd is set, then who will Pr date? Mn?
>>
>>2023050
>If SmNd is set, then who will Pr date? Mn?

Are Mn and Pr liked, I kinda imagined Mn as Li's future GF.
>>
>>2023054
Liked as in what? I was suggesting Mn for the magnet connection they both have but it could be up in the air.
>>
>>2023056

It's a bit tricky for Pr; her main IRL applications are already taken, there's the possibility of Ce or La (mischmetal) but there's quite an age gap.was used.
>>
>>2023059
Damn I must be real forgetful but when was Cerium and Lanthanum mentioned? There is also her alloy with Magnesium but that might intrude upon things as well.
>>
>>2023060

La and Ce are in B's profile.

I also thought of Mg, but given what we know about Mg, I don't really feel it.
>>
>>2023062
Well then this is trickier than first thought. Maybe she doesn't get with anyone until she's in her mid-forties but ends up with Cerium through some means? Cerium over La because of the mischmetal but also from oxidation catalyst stuff.

While technically it could be worse than her time with Nickel, the possibility that Ce would be entering her thirties, if and when they see each other, could help mitigate or hide the age difference easier in comparison to Nickel.
>>
>>2023065

Well how about this: Ni and Pr were GF but then the scandal of their relationship broke them up and Pr decided to put her romantic life on hold and focus on her work. However during her forties, she starts longing for a relationship again, that's when she meets Ce.
>>
>>2023069
I like it, not sure about some of the other people who are interested in this. That scenario begs the question though; what would Ce's occupation be?
>>
>>2023073
>what would Ce's occupation be?

Science oriented, but there's a lot of room for her. I'm not really knowledgeable about Lanthanides, though.
>>
>>2023069
I like this.
>>
>>2023074
Maybe environment science or something involving organic chemistry so that her introduction to Pr could be a result of something mucking up in the country side that requires PS to call upon the local government.
>>
>>2023083

That's a good idea.
>>
>>2023096
Only thing I can't figure out is whether Ce is the person sent by the city government or someone working under P and S who found the muck up and brought it to their attention leading her to later present her findings to a council or so that happens to involve Pr.
>>
>>2023107

Personally, I'd go with the former, with Ce actually unaffiliated with the city council, just an independent expert.
>>
One of the things I like most about this thread is that all the elements have respectable careers. That is, none of them have typically female occupations - florist, daycare teacher, HR rep, etc - except for perhaps Au. I really gotta complement you anons on this.
>>
File: Zn.png (225 KB, 696x798) Image search: [Google]
Zn.png
225 KB, 696x798
>>
File: 1369190704987.png (274 KB, 720x408) Image search: [Google]
1369190704987.png
274 KB, 720x408
>>2023231
Damn Zinc is lovely. I'm sure Gold and Silver would love her, Copper.
>>
>>2023231
How nice.
>>
>>2023231
Copy that
>>
>>2023231
I love it!
>>
File: K.png (215 KB, 707x862) Image search: [Google]
K.png
215 KB, 707x862
>>
>>2023231

Perfect! You especially nailed her soft look., it's...

>>2023261

No, wait, this is even perfect-er! What a treat so early in the morning, thank you!

Updating the profiles in a bit.
>>
File: ohyes.jpg (64 KB, 297x303) Image search: [Google]
ohyes.jpg
64 KB, 297x303
>>2023261
Goddamn, what a looker. Now I'm curious about Li.
>>
>>2023264
>Updating the profiles in a bit.

And done
>>
>>2023261
Sh-she's gorgeous.
>>
Would it be out of place for Gold to get into electronics, to a small degree, since Silver and Copper both seem so enamored with the stuff? Maybe she finds out she has a bit of a knack for it but nothing too showy to reference it's expanding use in that area.
>>
File: Li.png (156 KB, 666x641) Image search: [Google]
Li.png
156 KB, 666x641
>>2023265
>>
>>2023316

Great! Updating her profile.

Now there's only Cs left to wrap up the Alkalis.
>>
>>2023316
Fffuck you shouldn't make a girl desire such women when they don't exist.
>>2023318
Rubidium as well unless I am going senile and she has a picture.
>>
>>2023319
>Forgetting Rubidium
>When I was the one to write her.

That's quite embarrassing.
>>
>>2023320
I'm sure she doesn't mind. I hope one day Al and Si will be drawn.
>>
File: metallurgy brainstorming.png (178 KB, 777x4981) Image search: [Google]
178 KB, 777x4981
Content warning: blogpost

Alright thread, later today I'm going on holiday, so writing will be on hold for the next two weeks. I will still write to write some bits and pieces but there's not telling if I'll be able to do that.

If you want to see some profiles or have ideas for fics, I'd still take them, but won't begin to write then just now.

I'll be still present in the thread, though.

>>2023323

I'd really like to see Al's smuggest face.
>>
File: metallurgy relationships.png (75 KB, 2960x713) Image search: [Google]
metallurgy relationships.png
75 KB, 2960x713
Also, I'd like your opinions on the "proposed but uncertain ships" (the red ones on pic related).

Are you okay for the following pairings?

RaAc (Childhood friends romance)
EuPm (Pygmalion/Galatea romance)
NdSm
PrCe
RbCs (Awkward cousins romance)
LiMn
AlSc (Coworkers romance)
RuRh (Twincest)
GaCd (Firefighters buddies romance)
SbBi
PewterStellite
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (346 KB, 1500x2100) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
346 KB, 1500x2100
>>2023338
Might wanna check Orichalcum closely.
I imagined something like the green in pic related when thinking of her eye color if it was to represent the metal/alloy. I wonder if Ori should even have a listed age.
And maybe put a '(in the future)' next to Ce under Pr.

Aluminium probably has a super smug resting expression.
>>
File: metallurgy brainstorming.png (178 KB, 777x4981) Image search: [Google]
178 KB, 777x4981
>>2023345
>Might wanna check Orichalcum closely.

Derpy me
>>
>>2023343
>RaAc (Childhood friends romance)
I like it, though I'm curious about how Ra could have sex safely
>EuPm (Pygmalion/Galatea romance)
Interesting in and of itself, it'd probably happen eventually with the 23 robit elements. So why not have it done via an ancestor
>NdSm
Love it and even the real world likes it since they're dating.
>PrCe
A nice change of pace with them getting together later on
>RbCs (Awkward cousins romance)
Not sure how solid it would be but it'd definitely spice up the family tree more than it currently is.
>LiMn
I like the idea but I need to look into it more to piece together why they would be a couple.
>AlSc (Coworkers romance)
It'd be great to see Scandium wipe the smug from Al
>RuRh (Twincest)
I wonder if they play up the twin thing even in bed via treating a window as a mirror while shlicking
>GaCd (Firefighters buddies romance)
I'm okay with this one. Better than the buddy cop romance
>SbBi
Not entirely set on this one but that's more from Sb being undeveloped. If nothing else, Bi could probably run into her if she had to fill in for Lead for a while and got stressed out.
>PewterStellite
I fully expect comments from their parents about how they're dating their mothers.
>>
>>2023371
>>RaAc (Childhood friends romance)
>I like it, though I'm curious about how Ra could have sex safely

She’ll be fine, Ac does everything properly when it concerns Ra.
Ra’current condition just need some carefulness, Rn’s the much more fragile one.

>>EuPm (Pygmalion/Galatea romance)
>Interesting in and of itself, it'd probably happen eventually with the 23 robit elements. So why not have it done via an ancestor

I have two more ideas for human/gynoid romances.

>>NdSm
>Love it and even the real world likes it since they're dating.

Sm’s gotta relieve Nd from the stress of investigation journalism.

>>PrCe
>A nice change of pace with them getting together later on

Yup, I’m glad it was worked out.

>>RbCs (Awkward cousins romance)
>Not sure how solid it would be but it'd definitely spice up the family tree more than it currently is.

It’s out of frequent interaction together. Although I fear that Fr will end up alone, unless...

>>LiMn
>I like the idea but I need to look into it more to piece together why they would be a couple.

Like CePr, it’ll be further down the line, when the question of Li’s successor will be resolved, Li will to look after herself again.
>>
>>2023371

Mn was used in batteries, before the advent of Li-based ones.

>>AlSc (Coworkers romance)
>It'd be great to see Scandium wipe the smug from Al

Co already did, although Al won’t brag about it...I totally see Al as being at the complete mercy of a passionate lover when in private.

>>RuRh (Twincest)
>I wonder if they play up the twin thing even in bed via treating a window as a mirror while shlicking

I would imagine that they use the opportunities of being twins to their fullest.

>>GaCd (Firefighters buddies romance)
>I'm okay with this one. Better than the buddy cop romance

To be honest it’s a case of paring the spares, but I quite fancy it.

>>SbBi
>Not entirely set on this one but that's more from Sb being undeveloped. If nothing else, Bi could probably run into her if she had to fill in for Lead for a while and got stressed out.

Well I kinda dropped it without explaining it properly. Bi is Pb’s little sis and Sb is Pb and Sn’s friend. I imagine them both in their late 30’s and toghether for some time now, not as long as PbSn though.

>>PewterStellite
>I fully expect comments from their parents about how they're dating their mothers.

I don’t follow…

>mfw wrote it on my phone while waiting at the check-in.
>>
>>2023384
>>2023386
>Li will to look after herself again.
I was more curious about real world application but funny enough a Mn oxide has a hand in batteries. I wonder who she's working with/under at year zero though.

As for SbBi, I remembered Bi being Pb's sister. I was just thinking of how they could've met unless it was through PbSn which seems highly likely.

>I don't follow
Just remarking about how Pewter is similar to Cobalt and Stellite will most likely be similar to Tin depending upon her occupation and personality. More so personality.
>>
>>2023316
It just gets better and better.
>>
>>2023316
Shouldn't her eyes be darker?
>>
File: Li.png (156 KB, 666x641) Image search: [Google]
Li.png
156 KB, 666x641
>>2023406
Yeah, I realized that after.
>>
>>2023407
Nice, I like both.
>>
>>2023407
welp
was gay for iron
now also gay for lithium
there's apparently something about metallic industrial magnates that makes me thirsty
>>
So when are you guys actually gonna make a comic?
>>
>>2023407
Do you feel like drawing up some of the kids?

Maybe Electrum, IrOs, or the CuZn twins?
>>
>>2023635
Man come on, have Tl or Tc over CuZn siblings or even Yb or Tb before them.
>>
>>2023629
Not enough people and honestly, not enough story lines that would be fitting of the medium. I think Argon meeting her girlfriend is about the most exciting potential plot we have.

Unless it's like a 4koma or something similar.
>>
>>2023731
>it's like a 4koma or something similar.
This would be the best choice.
>>
>>2023755
That's what I've been imagining.
>>
>>2023755
We might need a few more character portraits.
Any ideas for little plots? Only one that's stuck in my head is Pr getting spooked by RuRh and maybe getting back at them using Nd to pose as her if Pr and Nd are identical twins.
>>
>>2023762
Make comics about more science-specific things and have little educational captions at the bottom.

The original SnPb one and something with Al and Ag would be good plots for this.
>>
>>2023765
That would be cute to see. I wonder how the possible ZnPb comic would play out to explain any potential science reason behind their dislike.
>>
>>2023635
>>2023689
There are a couple that I really should get around to drawing but have put off, Tc being the biggest one.

>>2023629
>>2023731
>>2023755
>>2023765
>>2023779

I'm pretty awful at comic-type things due to lack of motivation.
4koma would probably be your best bet, these science-based things sound pretty amusing. I'll try one, no expected time frame for it, though.

Something like Lead hanging out, Tin bursting in freaking out about something, Lead comforting her and the two of them being comfy with a fact about whiskering at the bottom. Or what not.
>>
>>2023871
That sounds cute. I have some ideas that would work best like that (versus a full story), if you ever wanted to work together.
>>
>>2023871
>Tc

I admit I'm curious to see how she would turn out; I wrote her with a shaky mental image of how she would look.
>>
>>2023871
>Tc
Does she even have a listed hair and eye color somewhere?
>>
>>2023948

I'm sure I put her hair in her fic, but can't remember if I mentionned her eyes.

If not I'd say go with light grey eyes.

About her hair, it may be a shaky description, what I had imagined was a Dido flip cut with Pb's hair colour, but didn't want to put "Dido flip" in the fic.
>>
>>2023951
I'm definitely liking the dido flip, I could see it fitting her well.
I was kind of hoping she was a bit more colorful but goddamn she really is pretty silvery gray. Light grey definitely works. though I'd like it to be a touch more silver than gray.
How tall would she be? In between Mo and U or around Mo's height?
>>
>>2023959
>I was kind of hoping she was a bit more colorful but goddamn she really is pretty silvery gray.

It's also a story coherence thing; Tc looks like her mom, and Mo look very much like Pb, so I used Pb as a base for both Tc and Mo.

>How tall would she be? In between Mo and U or around Mo's height?

I imagine her as smaller, around 160cm
>>
>>2024053
>160
She's probably adorable, I how Michiru was able to ignore her for so long.

I wonder if Tc can appreciate the fact that she's able to be more easily identified from Mo-chan after she became a cybit.
>>
>>2024079
>She's probably adorable

Only a cute adorable cyborg could've snatch Nep's attetion from the dashing Ura.

>I wonder if Tc can appreciate the fact that she's able to be more easily identified from Mo-chan after she became a cybit.

Maybe, although I don't think that was a concern, as Tc saw how Mo was completely indifferent about her strong resemblance with Lead.

She's using the benefits of her new limbs to their fullest, though.
>>
Any ideas for how Lu got involved and eventually became Ar's tech support?
>>
>>2023347

I was wondering if Orichalcum could have some distinguishing feature like tattoos or maybe scars; something that represents/references its use in other media. For example if you choose the "elder scrolls" version of orichalcum she could have numerous scars all over her body (to reference the orcs, which are almost always battle-hardened warriors). Although honestly I've got no idea what could be used if you go for the atlantean version.
>>
>>2024190
An atlantean reference could depend on which fantasy Atlantis is viable for using. I like the idea of the scars because they can be explained away as gotten over the years surviving and it's subtle.

We could reference WoD mages but I'd have to look up if both types are atlantean and whether or not Orichalcum has a use in the setting. If nothingelse, we could probably give her eyes a preternatural glow to them or something vague.
>>
Sticking to "real world" stuff would be preferable.

The answer is to just keep it vague.
>>
>>2024190
Ori could just have some Mediterranean traits if we wanted to emphasis Atlantis. Like an olive skin tone, a penchant for sandals, a love of pomegranates. Her lack of a defined age helps play into any sort of Atlantean reference.
Maybe she could sunbathe as a hobby when she moves in with Argon. Nude sunbathing for trying to get a rise out of Argon and to keep everything nicely tanned.
>>
>>2024525

My only issue with that is that we don't have anyone with scars or tattoos, and that seems like something at least one character should have. If you wanna combine those two (adding a bunch/few scars with those traits) then I'd be on board for that. I'd honestly prefer that she wouldn't be all bitter and gritty about them like you're average war hero protagonist if we do choose to go this route..
>>
>>2024648
I'm game for the scars. I guess I didn't make that clear, though them being from battles should be up to debate. Some of them should definitely not be from battle.
It could even be that some of her scars are more like ritual brands or something though I think that has the potential to get carried away. Burn scars could be a possibility as well. In either case, I feel that her face shouldn't be completely scarred up or left bare. Maybe something subtle or small to help add possible beauty over something that draws the eye to it detracting from Ori's entire face.
>>
>>2024648
I'd imagine Tc would have fairly serious scarring.
>>
>>2024650

To be honest I just really wanna avoid a "Final Fantasy" protagonist. You know the really angsty ones with scars only in places that make them look "cooler", who constantly whinge even though their extremely over-powered. I do agree on that not all of them should be battle scars. I just really don't want her to become your standard "I've seen some shit." and "You could never love me if you knew what I've done" character from J-RPG (or noir, action, superhero, or drama film) ever.
>>
>>2024666
Reasonable concerns Satan, but the thing with is Ori that she isn't those things. Orichalcum so far, as has been hashed out, is that she was found in some ruins that Argon was adventuring through and became Argon's gf after they got out.

That's it.

You could compare her to Totec, from the guardian of light, if you want more TR hints but yeah there wouldn't be much of a reason to imagine that Ori is some sort of broody hero type since nothing has ever really been ironed out. Ar would be more of the hero type since she's dying for an archaeological adventure before she starts the one that leads her to Orichalcum.

If anything she probably wouldn't be self-conscious about the scars because she's been alone for, however long, and that she'd be fascinated by the world Argon comes from.
Also the potential cultural differences if any writer wants to be vague with her age could have her view the scars differently than expected. In my mind, when talking about Ori, she'd view them as a non-issue for matters of love and the like. They're a part of her, and all that but they don't define her.
>>
>>2024682

I like the sound of that; I was just worried because of the connotations that scars have and wanted to make sure that wouldn't have an major influence on the way the characters' personality would be created or the direction it would take. However the way you explained things have helped put my mind at ease about it.
>>
>>2024696
(I am this anon)

The direction I referred to was an angsty personality (which I personally find kinda boring). Anything other than that is great (in my opinion). Just though I'd make a quick clarification.
>>
Would it be too out of place to suggest that Samarium is an archaeologist that occasionally works with Argon? Well that and she isn't seeking adventure since she got enough of it with Kobold when they were little girls.
>>
So I made a PoTl-ish fic. It's more about how somebody in a relationship with a client of Vanadium might see her. I'm not the anon who wanted to write about PoTl specifically just for the record.

Anywho, here's the link: pastebin.com/jaC8DN5u
>>
>>2024926
Pretty interesting anon, and kind of cute.
The description you had Thallium give about Polonium got me curious about how she looks now since I've never fully pictured her.
>>
>>2024908

It's not something that I've actually wrote, but I always saw Sm sticky with Cobalt and helping Co run her business.

>>2024926

Are you the anon who wrote that TcU fic?
>>
>>2024954

No, I haven't written anything for this thread before
>>
>>2024954
>helping Co run her business.
Decent enough, I was just struck with the idea that if Sm was an archaeologist she could probably help get Nd into some high profile museum as a date and for Nd's job. Working with Co can achieve the same thing to a degree should it ever be needed.
>>
>>2024962
>No, I haven't written anything for this thread before

Alright, I was just wondering if you were up to put your fic with the others on AO3.

>>2024963

The main reasoning ibehind that is that CoSm magnets are the main use for Sm, so I wanted Co and Sm to stick together in a non romantic way. I also find it important for Co to have someone to take care of the paperwork while she concentrates on crafting, and she'd also watch over Stellite.
>>
>>2024973
>I was just wondering if you were up to put your fic with the others on AO3.

I'm okay with that if they want to post it on there.
>>
>>2024973
I getcha, though this stuff about Sm made me curious about how or when Nd met her. It feels like their relationship is bordering on a few years since it began.
>>
>>2024974

http://archiveofourown.org/works/6466282

>>2024982

I'd say Nd was reporting an exposition of Co's crafs.
>>
>>2024926
That's cute. I wonder how Thallium will tackle going to the prom or it's equivalent when she probably can't ask her aunt to be her date.
>>
>>2024926
That was wonderful, thank you.
>>
>>2025062
Hmmm, maybe Po would be her "chaperone", or they would have their own romantic dance afterwards.
>>
>>2025069
I thought of chaperone and I could see that happening.
Though I like two scenarios for it: one where Po has to work acts like an adult and tells Tl to go have fun with her friends or they go on a trip, out of the country and make some memories where they can safely act as a couple.

The former could obviously be super bittersweet where Po realizes part of the extent of her love for Tl and wishing she was younger so she could be there with her girlfriend. Could or could not end with Tl leaving early to spend the night with Po and shyly asking her aunt for a dance, who would probably be in lounge clothes but she(Tl) wouldn't care.

The latter could lead to a rather fluffy fic where Po surprised Tl by actually wining and dining her, treating her as an adult and dancing for a good portion of the night before going back to their room and possibly making love.
>>
>>2025072
Both of those could/should happen.
>>
>>2025073
(cont.) Let me elaborate by saying that's one of the cutest things I've ever read.
>>
>>2025072

That is a rough choice. Although isn't there a prom-like event for every year or am I crazy?
>>
>>2025075
Talking about clapistan: there's homecoming which is in the beginning of the year. Now, technically, there's a prom every year but it's usually relegated to 11th and 12th grade and really it's the more serious one because it's usually right before the class graduates in the summer. Homecoming is tonally lighter, if that makes sense. The prom or it's equivalent could be a knife to the heart because of how serious and romantic it's played up to be but this is going off of what it's treated like in eagleclapland.

I'm not sure about yurope or the other places, so I wouldn't know if the tone is the same.
>>
>>2025075
>Although isn't there a prom-like event for every year or am I crazy?

I wouldn't worry about, that; you can just make up the rules in the setting.
>>
>>2025072
How big was the proposed age gap here again?
>>
>>2025296
25 years.
>>
>>2025296

25 years
>>
>>2024999
>http://archiveofourown.org/works/6466282

>although I guarantee she meant every word of what she said.

>I guarantee

" I " who?
>>
https://implyingrigged.info/wiki/User:Metalsappho

Don't ask me why.
>>
>>2025637
Might be a little premature but interesting team.
>>2025636
Narrator obvs.
>>
>>2025641
>Might be a little premature but interesting team.

Like the metall/u/rgy universe, it's very much open to suggestions, if you don't know how to kill your time.
>>
>>2023347

Oh, we decided Tellurium's hobby would be ceramics. >>2014591

How old would Tellurium be? She joined the military after Tungsten but wouldn't she just be a year or so younger?

How old is Iodine? Maybe twenty-something is my vote. Since Iodine seems fascinated by the way people think and act her hobby could be observing people in social situations; which could lead to a whole "supportive and nice but still a little creepy" view of her.
>>
>>2025665

Te: I'd say mid-20's, like 24 and enslisted at 18
I: she's already a school consellor so older, late 20's to early 30's.
>>
Does Argon know anyone that isn't Lu or Ori? I feel like she might know Zr or the other uni prof that may have been established. I wanna go out on a limb and say she knows Au or Kr to a degree but only because of them being patrons and possibly mingling at museum events.

I also feel that she will definitely, most likely, end up knowing Nd because of the discovery of the atlanean ruins and Orichalcum.
Speaking of it, should that have happened by year zero?

>>2025665
Iodine I feel would work better if she was a year or two older than W, though admittedly it's supported by the notion that I is writing academia essays in her off-time and teaching a uni class alongside her normal job. So like 32~35
>>
>>2025668
>should that have happened by year zero?

I'm not sure if that's a good idea; we have so many (important) things that happened before year zero.
>>
>>2025673
Alright, what if it was currently happening at y0? Either the fallout is still happening in that she's busy setting the ruins up to be a dig, or maybe she's just recently returned with Ori in tow and is working great through some things so that the ruins could be on their way to preservation.

Oh. What if, to follow the trend, she's still currently making her way through the ruins while y0.

Either way I'm amenable to whenever, it's just helps me picture her more easily since meeting Ori and the adventure is probably a turning point for her.
>>
File: Rc9hobB.jpg (54 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Rc9hobB.jpg
54 KB, 500x500
>Thanks to /u/, girls loving other girls can teach anon chemistry
>>
>>2026049
It's very educational.
>>
Meanwhile, in Ura's lab:

Es: http://archiveofourown.org/works/5814658/chapters/13717501

Fm: http://archiveofourown.org/works/5814658/chapters/13478335

Md: http://archiveofourown.org/works/5814658/chapters/13679044

No: http://archiveofourown.org/works/5814658/chapters/14531908

Lr: http://archiveofourown.org/works/5814658/chapters/14599627

And with that, the Actinides are done.
>>
>>2026630
>dressed in a miko outfit
I like it.
>>
>>2026630
>Md wears a tracksuit because it's white like her
Are you sure it isn't because she's as pseudo-slav?
>>
>>2026630
http://pastebin.com/AguPCAL5
There you go
All them robits got me thinking: would Ura have a bit of foresight and eventually upgrade Cf to be more on their level later on? Most likely to help her and Mo-chan as she gets older or something in that vein.
>>
>>2026747
>Are you sure it isn't because she's as pseudo-slav?

Actually I think it might be because of the image ofprofessional swimmers who wears tracksuits before going in the water.

But that should definitely be an habit of Samarium's.

>>2026868
>Chell, GKC, a slav, Reimoo, and fallout girl

kek

Thank you!

>would Ura have a bit of foresight and eventually upgrade Cf to be more on their level later on?

No; since the gynoids are actually sentient, they won't mess with their programming. Ura will maintain the hardware, but Thorium won't touch the software.
>>
>>2026958
>professional swimmers
Damn that fits much better though why would Samarium be a slav?
>>
>>2026965
>why would Samarium be a slav?

Vasili Samarsky-Bykhovets > Samarskite > Samarium
>>
>>2026958
>they won't mess with their programming
Sad but understandable. So are 11X~118 gynoids going to be all futuristic and blade runner-esque in design since they're essentially the most advanced ones.
>>
>>2027093
>So are 11X~118 gynoids going to be all futuristic and blade runner-esque in design since they're essentially the most advanced ones.

Pretty much, although I don't have the first idea of how they'll be, and there's 15 on them.
>>
>>2027186
Well I suppose it depends on the direction the setting could take them in. Outside of becoming more and more human-like, it's pretty nebulous. I could see them being commissioned to make one for the military, in the not too distant future, but that probably wouldn't fall under the 11X generation. You could make that generation more on the cyberpunk side as well if it seemed fitting. You could even go full on transformer where Ura gets a mad scientist idea to make one that can morph between something and a gynoid.

Now this is probably a bizarre question or idea for the 104~109 generation, but what if one of those elements was an actual child from MoU? I know it's kind of going against everything regarding them, and their age kind of works against them, but the idea won't leave me alone so I'm throwing it out there.
>>
>>2027188
>Well I suppose it depends on the direction the setting could take them in. Outside of becoming more and more human-like, it's pretty nebulous. I could see them being commissioned to make one for the military, in the not too distant future, but that probably wouldn't fall under the 11X generation. You could make that generation more on the cyberpunk side as well if it seemed fitting. You could even go full on transformer where Ura gets a mad scientist idea to make one that can morph between something and a gynoid.

The military gynoid is one of the ideas I had, I also want to feature the "transfermium wars" to some extent.

>Now this is probably a bizarre question or idea for the 104~109 generation, but what if one of those elements was an actual child from MoU? I know it's kind of going against everything regarding them, and their age kind of works against them, but the idea won't leave me alone so I'm throwing it out there.

I don't know...aside from the fact that it's go against the concept of "artificial element=gynoid" it's mainly the fact that U already has a lot of pseudo daughters: Ra, Tc and Ac all count and that's before we get to the gynoids.

But then again, I'm out of ideas myself, I even wonder if this is a good idea to go down the transactinium hole when Bromine is still a complete unknown (along with some other litterally who metals).
>>
>>2027192
For the "wars" you could keep it "in-house" between ThU if you wanted it to be more light hearted. Something like, the first time Mo sees the two in a rather big tiff and is somewhat baffled by it but ends up playing mediator. A lighter method could be that 104-106 never actually call each other by their names but rather by teasing nicknames. Only other suggestion coming to time involves corporations commissioning the trio for various purposes that leads to some in fighting or something.

No ideas about transactinium unfortunately, though I'm sure it wouldnt be hard to develope Bromine. Aside from feeling dumb, I got struck by another idea that could be used for one of the future elements while looking those things up. What if one of the future robots was this weird experimental bot that could simulate growth via some means either through building and uploading herself through terminals at key years or something stranger.
>>
>>2027195

For the transfemium wars, I toyed with the idea of an exterior influence, but I stopped there, not knowing what to do with. One thing I want to stay for the gynoids is that they must have some relevance in the setting after their completion; it's actually the main reason the late Actinides are labelled "X's assistant", it's to integrate them in the universe.

At this point, I'm more interested in ideas for remaining, less obscure elements.
>>
>>2027201
>remaining, less obscure elements.
Well since Bromine was mentioned, would the halogen group be a kind of acknowledged in universe like how the alkaline column is a family? Maybe not a family buy knowing of each other to various degrees. After all, Chlorine and Bromine are the only two of the group undeveloped compared to I and F.

Anyway, maybe something involving the ocean could be Bromine's hobby or vocation to reference brine pools.
>>
>>2027204
>Well since Bromine was mentioned, would the halogen group be a kind of acknowledged in universe like how the alkaline column is a family? Maybe not a family buy knowing of each other to various degrees. After all, Chlorine and Bromine are the only two of the group undeveloped compared to I and F.

We can think of something, but the tricky bit is that the Halogen have been imagined one at the time, where the alkalis were imagined as a family from the begining.

>Anyway, maybe something involving the ocean could be Bromine's hobby or vocation to reference brine pools.

Good idea.

This part of the table is a bit tricky; I've been triying to find a pairing for As and I basically only found either Ga or Cd.

I've thinking about an occupation for these elements, but I'm mostly drawing blanks:

Cl: Professional swimmer?
Br: ?
I: Child counsellor
As: Pest control
Se: ?
Te: Sapper
Ga: Firefighter
Cd: Firefighter
In: ?
Sb: Chemist? Pharmacist?

Also, is there an element that can take the role of a cook?
>>
>>2027302
>role of a cook
You mean as a hobby or vocation?

>Br:?
If we wanted to use the ocean/brine/water reference more prominently we could have Br somewhere within the city's sanitation department for water purification. Not real sure about other occupations unless we wanna make her director or photographer.

Another funny thing about Bromine is her use in pesticides and insecticides, which could make her a possible gf or wife to Arsenic. The other possibilities for Br seem to be K, Na, Mn, and I think Mg but they're all kind of taken. Well except Mg I think.
She also has, maybe, the slightest possibility to be a cook because of it's use in citrus drinks but I think Selenium might work better.

>Se:?
I think the best thing for Selenium, all things considered, might be just having her as an environmental scientist that's specializing in solar cells. It'd play upon her granola girl nature, could also reference her childhood with Tellurium since an Archimedes' laser could've gotten her interested at a young age especially if TeSe built it together, and further more could have her get involved with Indium because of the CIGS material. A little flimsy but pairing Se and In is a possibility from that overlap.

Like I mentioned above, Selenium also has the possibility to be a chef but that's largely playing upon selenium deficiency and how it's found within nuts, cereal, and mushrooms.

>In:?
Indium's rather tricky, my first thought would be to suggest something involving tv because of it's use in LCDs being it's most frequent end-use. That makes me think of a newscaster but I kind of figured Nd would eventually become one. Essentially allowing her to become a local celebrity for the city.
Her being a newscaster could also allow for Se to get involved if Selenium continually got interviewed over the years for her work with alternative energy that might reach fruition depending upon how loose the writers want to play it.

(1/2)
>>
>>2027443
(2/3)
>Sb: Chemist? Pharmacist?
Maybe, if we wanted to spice it up we could say her interaction with SnPb impacted her during an important time and instead of becoming more of a scientist, she tried her hand at writing. While semi-successful, she eventually found it better to be an editor since she is better at that than a straight up writer. It's use in flame retardants could be referenced via personality through obvious ways.

>Cl:Pro swimmer?
I feel that could definitely be her hobby but I'm not too fond of it being her career. I kind of want to suggest her being a mortician because of it's history combating putrefaction but that seems a bit like a one-eighty turn in thinking regarding her.
>>
>>2027464

>Halogen have been imagined one at a time...
I know I'm probably beating a dead horse for suggesting this, again, but I actually feel it might work this time depending on their ages. What if they went to uni at the same time and got roped into the same sorority. It could also be that they're just apart of the same sorority, allowing some of the potential older elements to retain a connection to their sorority. The only one that would work against is Astatine for obvious reasons.

F could've joined the GLO because of the more obvious reasons regarding her and how she's reactive. Lot of social opportunities for her to be involved in and she'd probably love that.
Cl might've joined for the fun and friendships, but if we touch upon the swimmer aspect we could also expand upon the idea that she got a scholarship or something for it and one of the stipulations was that she had to join a sorority and could've joined with Fluorine. If they're close to the same age.
Br, if we want to reference history, could've been recruited by Chlorine. Not sure of another reason outside of her possibly being as social as F and Cl.
Iodine. Now I'm not sure for her since everything we have kind of indicates that she left uni by the time F, Cl, and Br might've been studying.
However, because of her teaching at the uni, she could be around help the sorority with events and possibly run into F, Cl, and Br that way if the sorority is helping out at a carnival or something and they seem like the type of people who could be talked into going to an event with minimal persuasion.

Astatine, I'm not sure if she should be counted. She could, but I don't have any way she'd know them through the sorority unless she befriended them outside of it while with Palladium and they're stay in contact via e-mails and the like.
>>
>>2027443
>Se

It's a good idea, I also like pairing her with In

>In

What if In is a newcaster and TV host while Nd is a investigation journalist.
That also gave me an idea for Dy; with its use in Nd-based magnets and its status as an obscure element, I thought she might be assisting Nd on the other side of the camera.
>>
>Halogens

The sorority idea is a very good one, we can imagine it was before Year zero and now they've already left the uni.

Couldn't Cl be a cook, with her presence in salt...

Also for pairing, I was thinking of these:

SeIn
AsBr
HgCl
>>
>>2027494
I saw Nd being a newscaster as more of a natural progression for her career. I'm sure she'll always be an investigative journalist at heart but she might get worried about somethings down the line that a newscaster might be able to mitigate through various mean. Like in the future. I'm all for it in regards to year zero. Yeah sure, I could see Dy assisting Nd as her camera woman.

So Se is what? A scientist or cook?
>>
>>2027511
>she might get worried about somethings down the line that a newscaster might be able to mitigate through various mean.

I don't really see the need; she would actually have a reputation of being a very good investigation journalist and field reporter, while In does all the studio stuff.

>So Se is what? A scientist or cook?

Scientist/engineer, Cl would be the cook.
>>
>>2027510
>Her presence in salt
Well fuck, I have egg on my face for forgetting about that. In that case, I'm all for Cl being a cook and all that entails. Though I still feel swimming should be her hobby.

As for the pairings, I like 'em. Not sure about other anons. Trying to imagine how HgCl got together is a bit of a puzzler though. Moreso, since Cl doesn't have an age yet.
>>
>>2027516
>Though I still feel swimming should be her hobby.

Of course

>HgCl

Mercury chloride is a thing, at one point it was used to cured syphilis but like all things containing Hg, it was phased out.

For the pairing, I always had the feeling of Cl to be quite happy-go-lucky, and only her would match Hg for craziness.
>>
>>2027515
Alright reasonable enough. The only other Nd thing that's been nagging at me is what, if any, part did she play in her sister's scandal? I could see her avoiding it because of not being able to be impartial while also not liking the attention on herself. She could also have a hand in debunking the rumours to help Pr out though that depends on the actual scandal itself.

>>2027520
Makes sense. CuZn and PoTl get to not be the only couple with a 10+ years between them. The thought of Hg laughing to herself whenever Club says she's the cook kind of tickles me pink.
>>
So I feel like this needs a little background information. As I was (I'm still working on it) writing a Tellurium x Iodine fic I realized that some of my dialog felt more suited to Vanadium so I decided to make this:
pastebin.com/4WSV06WH

This was meant to complement the "Feeling Debased" fic. My apologies for involving Vanadium in two consecutive fics but in the Tellurim x Iodine fic she will be nowhere to be seen.
>>
>>2027574

Very nice. Say, if you're planning to do other fics, I'd suggest you to make an AO3 account.

>>2027537
>what, if any, part did she play in her sister's scandal?

I'd say she investigated the facts, but didn't actually made them public, and tried to stay as impartial as possible.

>that depends on the actual scandal itself.

Maybe when Pr was caught with Ni when Ni was still 17 while Pr was 29.
>>
>>2027589
>I'd suggest you to make an AO3 account.
I'm working on that.
>>
>>2027574
Gimme a few minutes and I'll go over Silver's jealousy. Can you say anything about the TeI fic? Seems like a veritable source of interesting plot points considering their various fields.
>>
>>2027593
>Can you say anything about the TeI fic?
>>2014637
I'm using this as a starting point.
>>
>>2027598

I'm now picturing W picking Steel at school in a gigantic muscle car
>>
>>2027601

That is certainly the plan and I'm looking forward to it.
>>
>>2027574
Alright outside of needing to rephrase the bit about 'picking out their teeth' since that part feels like you were writing something, got distracted, then completed it while having a different thought in mind.

Dialogue-wise it's pretty good, though I feel a tiny need to stress that Gold doesn't use contractions.

The only other thing I feel the need to comment on, and this is probably stemming from how I imagine them, is that I feel Gold didn't quite reassure Silver in the end. I get that Silver probably wouldn't voice her baseless concern but I feel that Gold might've picked up on them because of the comments and how Silver was acting.

Overall, pretty good but Dialogue-wise the no contractions thing for Gold is important.
>>
>>2027598

Also, will it take place around year zero?
>>
>>2027607
>Gold doesn't use contractions.
Thanks for that; I guess that was a detail I overlooked. I've fixed the parts you brought up as best as I could however I'm not really counting 'twas as a contraction since I was trying to make them sound Romeo and Juliet-esque.

>>2027608
I'm not exactly sure of the time but I know that W will have already been taken care of by Tantalum.
>>
>>2027615
>W will have already been taken care of by Tantalum.

You mean in bed?
>>
>>2027617
>You mean in bed?

During her medical leave (professionally).
>>
>>2027620

So when Steel is in primary school?
>>
>>2027621

If that's where she was after W finished her time in the military. If so then I'll be sure to make that adjustment. My apologies timelines have never my "thing".
>>
>>2027615
Everything looks good, except Gold's contraction at the very end but I think that's more from reworking it. As for "'twas" I think that's allowable since she's being melodramatic and being a touch silly to probably help mitigate the pain.
>>
>>2027623
Two steps forward one step back. I have cleansed Gold's dialog of all apostrophes.

>>2027625
It's not a problem at all. I saved the version with the high school just in case.
>>
>>2027630
Don't beat yourself up too much, it's good and the manner of speech isn't commonly heard.

The reason why primary school might be a little off, is that Te probably joined up with W's squad until after Carbon. If you wanna keep it a little in the past, you could have it happen while Steel's a freshman.
>>
>>2027633

No worries I'll just copy-paste onto the high school version and continue from there. Though it won't be done tonight so hopefully I didn't have anyone's hopes up.
>>
>>2027633

The thing is that W was in a monogamous relationship with C, and by the time Steel was 12, C was already in an open relationship with Mo.

A solution would be that it's actually after C and W relationship was already finished, anf W helps C with Steel during her days off.
>>
>>2027638

They way I'm picturing W is like one of the people from the movie "Role Models" that are like a mentor/babysitter hybrid (though she's not being paid or anything like that) since Steel looks up to her. If I'm not mistaken that would work as long as W and C were in a relationship.
>>
>>2027638
>W helps C with Steel during her days off.
Would she have a stable enough schedule to do such a thing? I always had the feeling that after they, CW, broke up and W signed back on, W assumed more of an aunt-like role to Steel. One that had her stopping by when she had leave or when holidays rolled around. That's why I was feeling sixth grade to start of secondary school.
>>
>>2027643

I meant in a more casual way, like W pop up at C during her leave and C offers her to go pick Steel.
>>
>>2027810
Same end result? Either way I getcha.

Does the thread have anything for Thulium? If not maybe, she could be Mercury's quote unquote apprentice for the more out there science considering it's largely used in lazers, x-rays, arc lights, and a few other things.
>>
>>2027820
>Same end result? Either way I getcha.

Same end result yeah, just with less strings attached.
>>
So would it be safe to say Tm and Ho are friends with Yttrium?
>>
>>2027844

If they are, they'd be all in their early twenties.
>>
So I've been thinking on pairings, since we're closing on completing the table; while there's a pair number of unpaired elements, one of these elements is Pu. I kind of wanted to pair Pu with one of the upcoming gynoids, but in that case there'll be an odd number of elements left.

Also there's still the four Ytterby sisters that are unpaired.
>>
>>2028087
What if Setsuna's paired with Beryllium? It doesn't look like Pu has a lot of elements she normally gets with that aren't already in use, though Beryllium is definitely one of them that's free.

>Ytterby sisters
Well, this might be jumping the gun, but Thulium or Holmium could definitely get with Erbium if we wanted to reference there history. Could even have a bit of a gag where Tm and Ho are jealous of the other for having Erbium's attention at various points and they end up trying to sabotage their chances. A writer could even make some magnet jokes regarding Holmium if they wanted.

Also while still up in the air, Terbium could be paired with calcium unless there's a better idea in mind for either of them.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.