[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Yuri anime you haven't watched yet ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /u/ - Yuri

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: sn_001.png (86 KB, 250x622) Image search: [Google]
sn_001.png
86 KB, 250x622
my list
Utena
Yama to Susume
Mourestsu Pirates
Samurai Flamenco
>>
File: sitdown.png (262 KB, 621x686) Image search: [Google]
sitdown.png
262 KB, 621x686
>SamFlam
>yuri
>>
>>2083641
Wow, you've watched them all except those 4? And judging by those 4, you're counting a broad scope of anime as yuri.

So what did you think of ICE?
>>
>>2083652
>Samurai Flamenco
that''s shota shit
>>
Yamibou.
>>
>>2083645
>Has a yuri couple
>not yuri
What
>>
What is the point of this thread?
>>
>>2083751
I guess newbies can talk about what yuri anime they're planning on watching and we can tell them which to watch first and which to avoid?
>>
>>2083693
I guess the distinction is between 'has a yuri couple' and 'is a yuri anime' (or at least has yuri subtext).

For example Aoi Hana and Sasameki Koto are yuri anime, whereas I wouldn't call Psycho-Pass a yuri anime, just one that happens to have lesbian characters.
>>
Sister love:

Shion and Sakura (seraphim call) > Kanade and Yukine (candy boy)
>>
Sakura Trick.

I hate the manga, will never watch the anime.
>>
>yamibo
2 ayylmao for me

>blue drop
will watch when i have time

>marimite
sometimes in the future

>kyoshiro to towa to shiggydiggy
lolwat

>lesbian bears
in the future
>>
>>2087619
don't watch yuri kuma arashi, it's shit.
I liked Penguindrum but Ikuhara fucked up big time here.
>>
>>2087639
2deep4u or did it hit a nerve?
>>
>>2087641
What are you trying to imply? I don't like it because the characterdesign looks terrible and the story boils down to "hurr lesbians aren't accepted in japanese society, don't stand out!!!". It's really boring.
>>
>>2087643
2deep4u then.
>>
>>2087646
>doesn't even adress anything I wrote
epic. Yuri Kuma Arashi is the exact opposite of 2deep4u, it has the subtlety of a sledgehammer.
>>
I've watched Utena, Yuri Kuma Arashu, Sasameki Koto, Aoi Hana, and Nanoha. I downloaded Simoun after Anon's good regard for it after having completed it. What should I expect?
>>
>>2087643
>the characterdesign looks terrible
Don't talk to me or my daughter ever again.
>>
>>2087733
Spec Ops the Line meets Yuri.
>>
File: sjdjffdgdfgdfg.png (429 KB, 1168x534) Image search: [Google]
sjdjffdgdfgdfg.png
429 KB, 1168x534
>>2087643
>the character design looks terrible
I don't understand people who dislike Morishima's art. You'd have to be a heterosexual of the highest caliber to not want to fug Yurika or Kale.
>>
File: Yuri-Kuma-Arashi.jpg (98 KB, 939x440) Image search: [Google]
Yuri-Kuma-Arashi.jpg
98 KB, 939x440
>>2087747
everyone looked really bland and forgettable IMO, like barbie dolls or something. The dull colors didn't make it better.
>>2087752
What the fuck is this shit
>>
>>2087753
>What the fuck is this shit
That's two pictures I quickly cropped out of the Yuri Kuma Arashi manga to tell you that you have terrible taste.
>>
>>2087754
It looks like the artist is trying too hard. The girl on the right is supposed to be a cool, stunning tomboy but she just looks plain weird.
>>
>>2087733
Really good writing, mediocre visual presentation, priestesses in weird stripper clothes, an uncomfortable amount of attempted rape, girls who will make you cry, war, war never changes, lesbian Buddhism.
>>
>>2087643
2deep4u if that's all you got from it.
>>
>>2089498
>you jus didn ged id xD
I was summarizing the general theme of the anime, of course there's also other stuff like the MC getting over the death of her girlfriend and accepting the bears. If you don't think that the hate from society against the bears (lesbians) is the very foundation of the plot, it's you that didn't "get" the anime.
>>
>>2083641
>Samurai Flamenco
>yuri

I was honestly surprised by the relationship that was center in that show, but the signs were present literally throughout the whole fucking show to the point that if you decided to watch it again you would think you're retarded for ever missing it.
>>
>>2090639
It's a far broader critic of Japanese social structure and conformity than just "lesbians are taboo in Japan".

Ikuhara has a habit of reusing symbolism. In the Utena DVD commentary, he said outright that he used gay people to symbolize oppression.

You can be straight in Japanese society and not fit in. Lesbians are just an easy symbol to use because the topic of female homosexuality, and female sexuality in general, is taboo in Japanese society. The hatred against the bears is hatred and fear towards those who don't follow the "rules".

It's about finding a balance between what you want and what society wants... and whether it's actually possible.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.