[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/u/ meets /lit/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /u/ - Yuri

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 12
File: rfj.jpg (33 KB, 300x500) Image search: [Google]
rfj.jpg
33 KB, 300x500
Previous thread >>2002670

Check the archive for more threads.
Discuss, request, and recommend /u/ related /lit/ works.

Please search on google, archive or torrent sites before making a request.
On kat.cr search for "FF" and click on the books section.
>>
Any age gap or teacher/student books recommendation? Thanks
>>
File: 23444482.jpg (41 KB, 316x475) Image search: [Google]
23444482.jpg
41 KB, 316x475
Whoever recommended this in the last thread, thankyou! The romance is very secondary to the fantasy aspect & it's certainly not the happy ending that I normally look for in lesfic, but as a fan of fantasy anyway this was a great read.
>>
>>2027843
The Winter Jacket books by Eliza Lentzski weren't bad.
>>
>>2027843
For sexy French teacher there's Keira Michelle Telford's The Housemistress. There isn't too much plot, but the teacher is hot ^^;

Kiki Archer has a two book mini-series - "But She is My Student" (college level though). iirc there was something about the 2nd book that annoyed me, but I don't remember it as too bad (I think there was a tendency to blame the protagonist for everything. Or guilt her into things. Or both).

>>2027857
You are welcome ;)
>>
Anyone a fan of S.L Kassidy's Scarred for Life series? It's up to book 3 now.
>>
>>2027937
Thanks for the info! Did not know that now I gotta buy it.
>>
I'm reading Apophis right now. Not impressed with the so called survival aspects. I wish authors would think a little more about things like carry weight, fuel for fire (there prob ain't any dry wood in the middle of a blizzard), food (canned food is heavy as fuck), and staying warm and dry (sweat and snow = bad combo).
>>
I've been trying out some Karin Kallmaker, specifically Making Up for Lost Time (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/581366.Making_Up_for_Lost_Time?from_new_nav=true&ac=1&from_search=true) and I honestly can't stand her prose. It's casual and corny and the characters end up being deeply unlikable. I checked her out after saying I liked Katherine V. Forrest (Curious Wine) and I'm sadly far from impressed, Forrest still has a way with words that's far more sensual and engaging than what I've read from Kallmaker so far.
>>
>>2027869
>^^;
> ;)
no emoticon pls
>>
>>2027998
Have you read All the Devils Here by Astor Penn ? Not that it's much better, but it's something
>>
>>2028006
To each their own. I'm not a fan of Forrest at all, including Curious Wine. Kallmaker is definitely my favorite romance author--for writing style, characters, and plot and lack of rape as a plot device. You might try her later stuff, like Love by the Numbers or her very early stuff (In Every Port) and see if either of those are more to your liking. You may just not like her stuff--no biggie.
>>
>>2028036
I agree with the spoiler, and I'll go as far as to say the entire book is a bit silly like that, but I forgive all of that because of her writing. Reading her sex scenes was a real eye-opener in terms of spinning words to become arousing, not the smutty kind of arousing but everything about the pacing and choice of words were so intensely erotic I had to bookmark several pages. I'll look into Kallmaker's later stuff tho, thanks!
>>
I asked this in the last thread, does anybody have any recommendations with drinking alcohol and drunken fun times? Last time I asked I got a bunch of Alcoholics Anonymous stories which was not what I was looking for. Someone did recommend Something in the Wine, which was pretty good though.
>>
>Remnant
Okay, that shit was definitely weird. The whole "you're suddenly alone in the world" thing was a bit janky. It was fine at the beginning but I feel it would've worked better without the supernatural elements. Maybe it's just me.
As for relationships, I'm not even sure I would qualify it as lesbian fiction.
>>
Any recommendations for amateur /u/ original fiction?
>>
>>2028036
>Curious Wine
this shit pissed me off
>>
>>2028113
Try some free Amazon prime books. Seems like most amateur fiction is fan fiction. And sadly most lesbian authors are amateur writers... As in they write in their spare time.
>>
>>2027869
kiki archer is unreadable trash
>>
>>2028036
>>2028006
I've read this author before but I there's something about her books that bother me.
I liked a lot Love by the Numbers, after that I read Car Pool and it was okayish. Then I read Roller Coaster and Watermark and hated both of them.
Maybe I'm checking out the wrong books. Any suggestions?
>>
>>2028231
It's on kat
>>
What's the best cute girls doing cute things novel that you would recommend?
>>
>>2028202
Watermark is not a romance in any way. I liked it for the bitter edge of the emotions. Roller coaster was okay, not my favorite. Perhaps try Above Temptation and Stepping Stone. Just Like That is a modern lesbian Pride and Prejudice--I liked that. All the Wrong Places was great, but I'm a sucker for best friends to more angst. Sugar is pretty lighthearted but a lot of miscommunication there. I would say avoid Maybe Next Time; I liked it but it's raw like Watermark.
>>
>>2027998
>>2028029
Finished Apophis. Very meh. I never liked either character, and the survival stuff was bullshit. (Seriously, it doesn't even have to be The Road, but they should try harder at least to make the setting an antagonist.)
>All the Devils Here
I may or may not. I'd download it if it were free on prime. Thank you for the suggestion though.
>>
>>2027987
Have you read the shorts stories about them? They are so cute.
>>
>>Finished Apophis

I tried and I tried to like Lentzski's writing but I can't. I find it superficial and out of substance. For instance, Apophis has a great premise, you should write a great book with that idea but it was just some meh romance thing without depth of characters, and the setting was secondary. They could have been in Las Vegas, it wouldn't matter at all...
>>
>>2028288
That shit's mostly an anime thing. Far as I've seen most novels have at least SOME respect for their characters.

But I'm sure there's one, at least.
>>
Any recommendation for time skip where the characters dramatically change? Books like "Give Me a Reason," "Switching Gears" and "Waiting in the Wings"
>>
>>2028113
If you like sci-fi I'd recommend these from the 'original work' section of archiveofourown. Both fairly short though.

Blood and Bone by Geonn (engineer/AI)
http://archiveofourown.org/works/1023382/chapters/2036373
Each to Each by mukatkikaarn (human/giant alien)
http://archiveofourown.org/works/817514/chapters/1547605
>>
Maybe /u/ can help me. I've spend some time on Google searching for chinese literature involving romance between women. May it be secondary or not. I'm having a hard time finding any recommendations. Does it even exist?
I've searched through the /u/ meets /lit/ doc, and kt too. Nothing found!
Would greatly appreciate your help.
>>
>>2028836
Her only story I liked was Don't Call Me a Hero, which was hurt by the realization it's a Once Upon a Time fan fiction.
>>
>>2027857
#1 book that destroyed me in 2015.
The sequel will probably wreck what is left of my heart after that ending. RIP.
>>
>>2029015
There were two or three books mentioned on /u/ a couple months back - is there still an archive of /u/? You could probably find it there.
>>
>>2028893
>Each to Each
I feel so confused right now.
>>
>>2029185

Taking The Long Way, which is one of the best lesfic I've read is a glee fanfic; though I did not know it was a fanfic until after I finished reading it. So if the book is good, then it doesn't matter if it started as a fanfic.
>>
>>2029396
Taking the Long Way wasn't very good in my opinion. Still hurt by being a fan fiction. There's something subjectively that sours when the characters were created by someone else in the first place. It's almost like breaking a fourth wall.
>>
>>2029460
By categorically not reading anything at least "inspired" by (especially) Xena you'd exclude about 50% of all lesfic, though.

Personally I'm just glad I never watched the series, that way I'm not inclined to constantly compare characters (I could see how that'd distract from the actual story).
>>
>>2029396
>>2029460
Taking the Long Way is one of my favourites, but I also read it without knowing that it was Glee fanfic. In hindsight I'm glad that I didn't know, as I think I would've gone into it with biased expectations/judgement which would've prevented me from enjoying it as much as I did.

I think it's important to appreciate that fanfic ranges from stuff in which the fandom is a primary focus of the story to stuff that essentially has nothing to do with the fandom beyond using the names of the characters & possibly the setting. For me TtLW was definitely more toward the latter; after changing the names of the characters & the name of the school/town the story starts at, there is arguably nothing that you can actually derive specifically from the Glee fandom, to the extent that I was bemused when I was told that it was a Glee fanfic & thought that the person that told me had gotten mixed up with another book! It's a story about two girls at school in America, they go to cheerleading practice, they turn out gay. That's pretty much the storyline of multiple lesfic books/stories I've read that all have nothing to do with Glee.

>>2029269
Gah, that ending ;_; Have you seen the discussion about the possibility that Tain Hu got caught on purpose so she would have one last chance to see Baru & maybe either get revenge or get back together with her?

>>2029185
>>2028836
>>2028453
>>2027998
I'm interested to know what people who didn't like Apophis thought of the Winter Jacket books? I've read all 3 Winter Jackets & thought they were okay, but haven't read Apophis yet.
>>
>>2029569
One of Baru's themes recurring themes is "subversion vs force" - Baru has a falling out with her mother over this, and Tain Hu represents the same struggle: she wants open resistance, Baru has a much more complex plan.
In the same way, Baru's mother "just" wants to free her home, same as Tain Hu, while Baru aims directly at the much bigger target that the Empire represents.

So, regarding the end, to me, it'd be more like a last, double-edged gambit to remind Baru that her plans have violent, personal consequences, too, and, knowing that she herself won't be able to free defeat Empire anymore, harden Baru's resolve, in a way making a potential Baru-victory her own victory (particularily since she would've been the one they would've used to blackmail Baru). In a way, that perhaps would be a form a revenge, but I don't think it's anything personal.

btw, we could also speculate whether there wasn't a third party involved, someone who knows about Baru's plans and her involvement with Tain Hu, and specifically set up her execution so she couldn't be held over Baru ...
>>
>>2029655
Yup, what I wanted to believe from the ending was that Tain Hu believed her one night with Baru was true & that she therefore represented the one thing that the Masquerade could hold over Baru & her goal of bringing down the Empire from within. Hu essentially shares that goal even if her methods are different (subversion vs force) & accepts that in the grand scheme of things all but forcing Baru to execute her serves both of them & both of their peoples/homelands for the better in their struggle against the Masquerade. Even if it is utterly brutal.

Of course you could dispute the part about Hu believing her night with Baru & replace it with Hu not believing her night with Baru but making the Masquerade believe it nonetheless, but the romantic in me didn't want to accept that :3

I hadn't thought of the possibility of a third party though, which is really intriguing! What with Baru in one sense playing the rebellion all along it would be delightfully in the same vein if Baru was also being played herself :)
>>
>>2029685
Tain Hu had no reason to doubt Baru's feelings that night. She only hurt herself in the Masquerade's eyes by outing herself as a lesbian and then making sure Hu was the only rebel leader to survive.
>>
>>2029516
That is definitely true. I don't find those to be any better.
>>
>>2029879

I don't know... I kinda like Mavis Applewater's books.
>>
>>2029275
Thank you, I'll take a look. I'll report back if I find anything, maybe someone else would find it interesting.
>>
>>2027861

I'll look for it, thanks.

>>2027869

Ended reading it. Not much plot, not that good, many french mistakes (I'm french so that is why I ended reading it). BUT I somehow liked it, it was pleasing for the eyes and imagination. Teacher was hot and the sexual tension was there.
Thank you for the recommendation!

I'll try the "But she is my student one" too. Thank you.
>>
Anyone happen to have The Difference Between You and Me by Madeleine George? Thanks
>>
Does anyone have a copy of Trigger By Jessica L. Webb? Thanks in advance
>>
Does anyone have copies of Jaime Clevenger's earlier books? "Sweet, Sweet wine" and "Call Shotgun"? Can't seem to find them. Please anyone. I'd appreciate it a lot. Thanks
>>
Anyone have the complete series of Shea K's (S.L. Kassidy) Scarred for Life?
I looked into kat and downloaded it, unfortunately there are no more seeders...
>>
>>2031359

http://www15.zippyshare.com/v/iAtvCg4Q/file.html

Only book 1 and 2.

After reading the first you should read the short stories here:
https://sites.google.com/site/starvinglunaticfiction/original-fiction

Birthday Treat and Heavy Metal Poisoning then read book 2.

Bandages is book 3 and she's already written some ongoing sequel to book 3.
>>
>>2031389
Thank you, Nee-sama!
I'll definitely read it!
>>
>>2027857
I feel very, very conflicted about this book.
>>
>>2031427
Why is that?
>>
>>2031531
I just do, kuye lam.
I recognize it had to end the way it ended, but overall the politics were a little lost on me, the middle parts were a chore to get through because I feel the pacing was uneven, and I had to put it down for a while. Also, Baru gained power way too quickly.
I think I'd like it more as the short story that the last chapter originally was. I couldn't give too big of a fuck about Baru herself, as her struggles felt a bit 'meh' to me.

But the last chapter destroyed me slowly. I would have liked to see Tain Hu live. Baru's farewell haunts me even now.
I would say it was more a science fiction than a fantasy book, though.
Also holy shit there's apparently fanfiction for it.
>>
File: 1410758045397.png (1 MB, 1400x951) Image search: [Google]
1410758045397.png
1 MB, 1400x951
Hey /u/ do you have any hidden gems (or favourite book thats no't often recommended) in the kat ff library ? There's so much in it it's kinda overwhelming...

Ended up reading Cari Hunter's Snowbound after miscliking it in the file, and I really liked it. Surprisingly comfy.

Pic unrelated.
>>
does anyone have The Good Life by Ashley Quinn
>>
>>2031965
I don't know if these are in the library, but surprises from my own reading are:
Nicola Griffith's stuff
Whatever Gods May Be
>>
>>2031965
Erica Lawson's Soulwalker, about a paraplegic albino who assassinates people with her shadow (well, that, and romance).

Otherwise ... books not generally recommended, huh; I'll go by amount of goodreads rating - but I'm not sure how much others would enjoy these:
Marolyn Krasner - You Know You Wish You Were Me. Happy lesbian couple ... then their kid gets abducted. Not a happy story (surprise surprise). Writing is a bit so-so, but interesting premise.

Sarah E Glenn - All This And Family, Too. Basically, a vampire novel, but unlike "usually" the protagonist here just goes on her with her life (as much as possible). It's a bit comedy, a bit slice-of-life (and a few more serious moments).
Writing is ... not particularly good. And the romance has a certain (large) amount of "this makes no sense". But it's a nice counter-point to the typical urban-fantasy /u/ novels.
... now someone needs to improve on the idea.
>>
>>2028051
I don't know anything like that, but is are there any good books where a lesbian gets a straight girl drunk and raps the shit out of her? I mean, make pure tender yuri love.
>>
>>2032071
Hey there. If you ever find a copy of that book, would you mind sharing it here? Been looking for a copy of that book for a while too.
>>
Looking for something where the MCs are forced to spend a lot of time together. Like in Second Nature, when the characters were on the run together. I need more of this.
>>
>>2032955
If you want strangers forced to spend time, Robin Alexander's The Trip. If you want enemies, then The Summer of Our Discontent.

FYI for others: Rusty Logic finally landed on kat.cr and it's really more okay than anything, not as good as the rest of Alexander's work.
>>
Hey guys. I've been looking for K.G MacGregor's Etched in Shados but can't seem to find it anywhere. Been trying to download the one in kat but there doesn't seem to be any more seeders or something.

I would greatly appreciate it if someone can put it up here in this thread. Pretty please?

Thanks in advance
>>
>>2033036
It downloaded fine for me. I'm seeding now, can you try again, please?
>>
>>2033250
Tried it again. Was able to successfully download it! Thank you so very much!
>>
>>2032994
Oh, I'm no stranger to Robin Alexander books.
Ended up reading A Kiss Doesn't Lie. Was pretty fun!
>Rusty Logic
I get what you're saying, had some stuff I didn't particularly like, but I still enjoyed lots about this book.
>>
>>2027857
I really like the cover.
>>
Does anyone have The Ruin Of Us by Keira Michelle Telford. Ended up reading a few of her other books, but can't seem to find this one.
>>
So what are some good recent releases? I leave on a work trip tomorrow & won't have much Internet access, so a few new books to read would be neat.
>>
>>2034493

I'm also looking for it, wasn't able to found it yet.
>>
>>2031579
I disagree on the gaining power part, much of the conflict was that she didn't have much power and was more like a vessel for other peoples goals. Everytime she tried to directly enforce her will about something it was a great struggle to get the people with actual power and trust to invoke the spirit of simon says and tell their people to do what she just said.

But it is a very bleak book in many ways, by intent.

Did you find any fanfiction besides the three stories over at Ao3?
>>
>>2034680
I may just end up buying it for the kindle in a few days at this rate, doesn't seem to cost too much. I've searched around too without much luck, only could find the sample for free.
>>
>>2034981
Thinking about it after a while, it seems I was too quick to dismiss Baru. I'll maybe read the book again before The Monster is published to compare what I've missed the first time.
>fanfiction
I didn't.
That one story, though. Even the author mentioned it. https://twitter.com/sethjdickinson/status/654348375836332032
>>
>>2035025
Yeah, that ones good. But damn, if you were conflicted about the end of the book, that one just makes you feel even more conflicted.
>>
Well, just found out that kat deleted tons of books, even the whole FF calibre thing.

That say, anyone could recommend me a book like Scars by Cheryl Rainfield
>>
>>2035548
https://kat.cr/ff-library-the-complete-collection-of-lesbian-literature-t7414317.html
It's still there.
>>
So the last time I asked for the Shy/Confident trope, meaning one character who is shy and possibly still not sure about her own orientation meeting another who is confident and likes to tease. This is preferably paired with huge amounts of blushing and embarassing situations for the shy character.

Last time I asked I was recommended: Something in the Wine and Divine Touched and really liked them both.

Anyone else a fan of these kind of stories? If so, could you recommend me some? Thanks!
>>
File: 1460152813800.jpg (446 KB, 669x1004) Image search: [Google]
1460152813800.jpg
446 KB, 669x1004
Are there any fresh Fantasy or Urban Fantasy books that have been released or a new book in series?

For Fantasy I'm looking for things like Strangers Together (which is an Original Story made on FictionPress) it's basically a innocent human going into the old style Fantasy world; more so the Elven world.
>>
>>2027857

Just read this after seeing the discussion in this thread. What a ride! Fantastic rec. Even though it destroyed my heart, I don't think it could have ended any other way.
>>
>>2036351
For UF I suppose I could add Ali Spooner's "The Devil's Tree" from January to whatever I mentioned last time.

Only read the preview though; seemed like typical were-stuff and the writing didn't precisely convince me. Reviews obviously claim it's the 2nd coming of Jesus (or should I say 'Baru'?), as always, so who knows ...

"You might also like" Jennie Taylor's Fairy Queen, which is about an innocent human going in the fairy world. Ha. It's rather short, though.
>>
Anyone here have Raven J Spencer's Surrender trilogy?
>>
I just finished reading No One Needs to Know by Amanda Grace and I was wondering if anyone could recommend me other books with this sort of story.

Basically in this one it's a male and female twins who fall for the same girl who is actually in a relation with the male twin before meeting the female twin and falling in love with her.
Female twin feel guilty over the fact they love each other and want the girl to still date her twin even if the girl kept saying she doesn't want it and choose her.

Another example would be On the Outside by Siera Maley.

Thank you !
>>
>>2036527
Georgia Beer's Turning the Page is about a father and his daughter gunning for the same woman.
I thought it'd be funnier than it was, but it was an OK light read, I guess.
>>
If you're looking for an angst-free high school romance then... Say Yes to the Cheerleader by Abby Crofton. It's pretty good, tons of awkward moments and a bit funny.
>>
>>2036729
That sounds good, sadly I don't have any money to buy it.
>>
>>2036248
Any suggestions?
>>
>>2036729
Can anyone share this? I also don't have any money :/
>>
>>2036857
Good luck with that, I just checked various sites, many different variations of Google Queries, Usenet, torrents, ebook sharing sites -- there's nothing.

It's not uploaded yet anywhere -- someone would have to buy it and strip the DRM.
>>
>>2036864
What does that entail? How does a drm epub differ from a regular one?
>>
>>2036869
If you are planning on buying and sharing it from Amazon there will be DRM on the azw (Amazon's customized MOBI format) after purchase. This DRM is basically simply an encryption and the key is your unique device ID (which you can view in the Settings->About menu of your Kindle or on the Amazon page listing your Kindle devices).

You can strip this DRM by basically decrypting the book outside of the Kindle using your device ID and then saving the decrypted version on your disk. Tools for this can be found here:

https://apprenticealf.wordpress.com/

I recommend using the Calibre plugin if you don't know what you are doing.
>>
>>2036522
Nevermind, I read the first book and its ridiculous trash
>>
>>2036910
Well that got me interested. Mind clarifying? Is it a fun trash or "I regret every single moment of my life" trash?
>>
I just finished reading Accidental Love by BL Miller, and really liked it.

Are there any other novels you guys could reccomed where one of the characters is in an accident, or gets sick or something similar and the other has to take care of her?
>>
>>2036980

Does Lyn Gardner - Ice count?
>>
>>2036482
Mentioned last time? First time posting in this particular thread.
>>
>>2036980
These have similar caretaker vibes but no accident causing them to meet.
Sheridan's Fate by Gun Brooke
Scaredy Cat by Robin Alexander
The accident causing them to meet reminds me of some others but they have no caretaking theme.
Spectrum by MJ Duncan
Under a Falling Star by Jae
>>
>>2037020
>Scaredy Cat by Robin Alexander
Any links for that? The torrent seems dead, I'm stuck at 90%
>>
>>2037060
So am I, but the relevant files are complete.
>>
>>2036527
Denial by Jackie Kennedy
The protagonists are sisters in law. It's really angsty, though.
>>
>>2037292

Thank. Just checked it on goodread, it seems like a great book!

I just finished Her Name in the Sky (which is really an amazing book) though, not sure if my heart can take another +300 pages of angst
>>
>>2036980
Snowbound by cari hunter
>>
If anyone here remembers me mentioning this in the past:
>finally sat down to merge and format all Engravings of Wraith versions i have
>there are slight textual differences
Shit. Sometimes I wish I was rich, so that I could buy the paperback..
>>
>>2037682
Well, good on you for trying, anon. There may never be a definitive version but that book will stay with me forever.
>>
>>2037706
Yeah, same.
This was once an uber fic, so I don't even know if the versions I have are as they are in print. There isn't even a sample online to compare, so unless I wake up one day a hundred bucks too heavy, I guess I'm shit out of luck. The most expensive I've found it was 600 bucks. It better be engraved on silver fucking platters.
There are some mistakes in every file I have, so it's probably from someone's xena fic archive and formatted as a book, as I think Icehole's quality was better.
>>
>>2027627
Can anyone recommend some books I can find on audible?

I'm currently listening to The Gravity Between Us and it's okay...looking for more.
>>
https://www.mediafire.com/?169vcwg9l4ldaq0

Pretty sure this is The version of Engravings of Wraith, this is from the author when she was still active on the net
>>
>>2037020
Thanks, Sheridan's Fate was exactly what I was looking for; I'll check out the others as well.
>>2037630
>>2037001
Thanks guys.
>>
>>2037889
It still has missing punctuation, in my opinion.
I really doubt we'll see the final version floating around the web. Someone would have to scan it, and it's simply too obscure and expensive for people to dally over it.
>>
>>2027627
Can somebody recommend me some cute fluffy /u/ story?
Also I'm too scared of torrenting, is there some mirror of the ff library?
>>
Does anyone have an opinion/download of the "Plundered Chronicles" books by Alex Westmore? I can't really torrent, so direct DLs is all I can really do.

Butch ladies passing off as men and winning the hearts of erstwhile straight women is absolutely all the way my literary fetish. Also swashbuckling pirate fiction.
>>
>>2037292

OK so I ended up reading it, I'm half way and I want to say BIG THANK YOU.

I totally like it. If you have any other recommended books, I'm all for it.
>>
>>2038097
You'd have a better success finding cute and fluffy in fanfics, though unfortunately it's a rare story that would leave you enchanted with the prose.
If you want something published, Scholars and Sorcery series, I guess. Or just read Robin Alexander if you haven't yet.
>torrenting
You'll be fine.
>>
>>2038456
Thank you. I'll start with the Scholars & Sorcery series, sounds nice :)
And i hope i really won't get any problems with torrenting, but unfortunately i haven't the books anywhere else :/
>>
>>2038467
>:)
>:/
Oh not in here, you don't.
>>
>>2038523
Let them use smileys -- no need to be a douche.
>>
>>2038523
I'm sorry. I actually thought about whether i should write them or not, but it would sound so unemotional and not really honest, i guess?
I'm usually on /g/, and i guessed it would be somewhat more appropriate to use smileys on /u/, but i do understand both sides.

>>2038524
:3
>>
File: Screenshot_20160426_000238.png (96 KB, 1143x444) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160426_000238.png
96 KB, 1143x444
>>2038528
Hm, I would have thought that /g/ is even less of the right environment to use smileys.

Kinda unrelated, but I am attempting to make something like this supporting a bunch of adapters. However I'm unsure on how to best sort/present the results to the user. Any ideas?
>>
>>2038524
The fuck am I reading? How about fucking no, you newfag? Of all the threads on 4chan, I would have expected the frequenters of /lit/ to be able to convey meaning without resorting to retarded emoticons. If for some god forsaken reason you're still unable to articulate your thoughts in writing, the file chooser is right next to the submit button.
>>
>>2038551
Go act like a big boy somewhere else, you aren't impressing anyone. Also this is /u/ not /lit/, just for reference.

> Someone disagrees with me
> He's a newfag

Oh do I have some bad news for you lad. Maybe your opinions are just dumb and no one really cares? Stop shitting up the thread with needlessly agressive bullshit -- and make no mistake, there really is no need for it.
>>
>>2038553
Emoticons are still frowned upon. If they wanna express emotion than they can post an image befitting the board or learn how to articulate the emotion into words.
>>
>>2038560
I agree, and this is a much nicer way to make an argument and lead the discussion. I didn't think it particularly bad to see smileys in that single post, but in general I agree.

>>2038523
Just seemed really elitist and douchey, that's why I responded like I did.

Anyways glad we had this talk.
>>
>>2038564
>elitist or douchey
Was neither, but if you think so, there are other websites that may cater to your sensitive soul.
>>
File: hehe.gif (276 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
hehe.gif
276 KB, 480x270
>>2038568
For example? Are you hosting your own imageboards?
>>
>>2038560
The problem is anon(s) will cause about 10+ off-topic posts complaining about a literally two character smiley that was part of an actually relevant post. It's the equivalent of being in a family restaurant and yelling "FOR FUCK'S SAKE KEEP YOUR FUCKING ELBOWS OFF THE FUCKING TABLE GEEZ" at the top of your voice. It just pisses off more people than the elbows would've if noone pointed them out.
>>
>>2038577
BUT MUH BOARD CULTURE
>>
Enough.
Anon was chastised, anon was shouted at, anon will, I hope, do better in future in an effort to become an elegant, educated onee-sama.
>>
>>2038577
Goggled why are you exemplifying what you're posting about? The conversation was done.
>>
>>2038584
Oh boy, this is turning into a Möbius strip.
>>
Are there any good books that feature an age gap romance? The bigger the difference in age the better.
>>
>>2038589
Gun Brooke.
>>
>>2038541
What are 'this' and 'an adapter' in this context?
>>
>>2038594
Basically an ebook search/CLI downloader. Adapter for warez sites / free ebook sites.
>>
>>2038589
Graceful Waters has that but it's kinda annoying the older woman waits until the younger is 21 to really do anything.
>>
>>2038448
Glad you liked it. It has nothing to do with what you asked but I always recommend Behind the Green Curtain by Riley Lashea.
>>
http://www15.zippyshare.com/v/A2I3FYR8/file.html
>>
>>2038960
>>2036869
>>2036875

Thank you, thank you!
>>
>>2038960
>Coming out was easy compared to trying to talk to your crush. Especially if it turns out that she likes you back.
Is this a book about everything turning way better than expected?
Because if so, then I like that. I like that very much.
>>
>>2038968
See
>>2036729
>>
>>2038969
Excellent!
>>
>>2038960
Thank you!!
>>
>>2038960
Thank you
>>
Can anyone recommend something with a love triangle?
>>
Any recommendations for books about people getting stuck in extreme situations and then developing mutual feelings to each other? Something like Snowbound, but preferably with more development.
>>
Can anyone point me in the direction of some good stories involving a woman that seem to only be able to attract other women(regardless of orientation)?

Like through some weird circumstances, they've become a "chick magnet" and they don't necessarily want to be.

Mind control can be involved
>>
>>2039190
The Red Files by Lee Winter. Everybody should give it a chance because it's very good.
Stranded by Blayne Cooper (a must read too IMO)
Icehole by Kiera Dellacroix was pretty funny and scary.
Hard Times by Blayne Cooper (if you consider being in prison an extreme situation.)
Now You See Me by S.Y. Thompson.
A Kiss Doesn't Lie by Robin Alexander
The Target by Gerri Hill
>>
>>2039233
>Icehole
>scary
Honestly, main characters were so bland and annoying I didn't really pay attention to the setting.

I'll give other recommendations a read, thank you.
>>
>>2038960
This is pretty cute, even though all the "she ejaculated adverbially" dialogue tags bothers me.
>>
>>2039198
You might have more luck on literotica in the right sections -- but it's more fanfiction (without a canon) than books.

Use FanFicFare with Calibre to easily download these stories.
>>
>>2038960
>>2038965
>>2038968
>>2039002
>>2039008
Looks like there will be a companion novella, so I guess there's that.
>>
File: D41eNPD.jpg (2 MB, 2893x4092) Image search: [Google]
D41eNPD.jpg
2 MB, 2893x4092
I saw this go up on twitter a while ago
I know some of the authors other stuff, it's definitely less generic than it sounds.
>>
>>2038960
read it after all the angst-filled books i read on here. Thank you! are there more books like this?
>>
>>2039233
>Stranded by Blayne Cooper

Stranded was pretty good, second for that one. A bit not quite 'extreme' extreme, but interesting, to say the least.
>>
Read One-Off by Lynn Galli, Behind the Green Curtain and Tricky Wisdom I really like the intial dislike the protagonists felt for ine another. Any recommendation for hate to love books?
Thanks.
>>
>>2037827
I also want to know this, as a sidenote is The Gravity Between Us worth buying?
>>
>>2040314
If you like angst: yes. If you don't like blurry relationship lines or stupid characters: no. I didn't enjoy a lot of stuff about it but a lot of people seem to like it
>>
Hello all,
I just finished Forevermore by Lynn Galli (didn't read the other books of the series though, just discovered it was part of a series of book) and I totally loved it. The whole foster kid thing.

And I was wondering if anyone know more books like this about an already established lesbian couple adopting a child / children or taking one or more foster children?

I know there a lot of single mom founding love books but it's not what I'm looking for it.

Thanks
>>
Update from >>2038426

I ended up starting a Kindle Unlimited trial and downloading these books from that.

The first book in the series was kind of disorganized, the dialogue kind of repetitive, and the plot had no real structure or arc. All that being said, it was a lot of fun to me personally. I'm probably gonna read the rest of the series.

An interesting thing is that one of the central characters in the book is the historical figure Grace O'Malley, whom the Irish side of my family never shuts up about me being descended from. So this is probably the first lesbian book series I can claim to have a personal connection to.
>>
>>2039190
1049 Club by Kim Pritekel
This one's an uber fic.
>>
>>2039233
>The Red Files by Lee Winter. Everybody should give it a chance because it's very good.

I'm getting some serious Devil Wears Prada vibes from this so far. I love it.
>>
>>2040473
The author writes Devil Wears Prada fanfic. I don't know if the book is based in any of her previous stories, though.
>>
>>2037682
>>2037889
>>2038065
i like mine more
http://www12.zippyshare.com/v/H8e5C7mq/file.html

also have icehole and author's original fractured tapestry
>>
>>2040621
I also have this version, but it lacks emphases in text.
>>
>>2040473
I wondered about that. I like it anyway.
>>
>>2040317
Ah. You have a recommendation? I'm looking for something a little more serious but still young love. Maybe someone's discovering their a lesbian...something like that.
>>
>>2040723
I enjoy young love stories but they're almost all lighthearted. Dramatic ones are hard for me to recommend because they're rarely written in a way I enjoy.
Hidden Truths by Jae (can be read standalone even though its part of the Backwards to Oregon series) has a young protagonist and keeps a level head about it. It's the only 'serious' young love story I could think of that I enjoyed.
>>
>>2040740
Oh great! I'll check it out. Thanks. Is serious young love really that hard to come by?
>>
>>2040772
Depends on what you define serious as and what quality of writing you're expecting to find. The younger the character the more prominent the angst, generally, which is why this is all dependent on your taste. Someone else will hopefully come along with more suggestions for you, I'm admittedly not the best person to ask for this.
>>
>>2040590
>>2040685

Yeah, after finishing the story, that was definitely thinly veiled Mirandy AU, but I'm not even mad. It was great.
>>
So I read one of those "this is going to be awful" novels - "Space Cruiser Musashi".
It actually was pretty solid - interesting setting, interesting characters, interesting plot. Unfortunately it's all a bit rushed and shallow, so it doesn't come close to fulfilling its potential, but then I still have a hard time thinking of some lez Scifi that definitely was better ...

Also, obviously, naval discipline in the grim, dark (and very sexual) future is maintained with a good spanking. Not that the spanking scenes are actually written out, but I thought it should be mentioned as an innovative concept.
>>
>>2036729
A bit cringy at times, a little stiff with prose, but I loved it nonetheless. Anyone knows of more leisurely, high school romance books?
>>
does anybody know historical books like "branded ann"?

another question - i don`t get the often posted torrent-file... is there no possibility to upload it on megashare or zippyshare ore something like this?
>>
>>2040723

Her Name in the Skyby Kelly Quindlen

2 teens, 2 girls discovering they are lesbians, lot of angst some hetero moments (like 2% of the book). Very very well written.

But honestly I would have wanted to read more. Ended too soon for me.
>>
>>2041099
If I remember correctly the author posted some extra scenes in her Tumblr after publishing the book.
>>
>>2040991
i don't understand what you mean, could you ask again?
>>
>>2041099
Great! Thanks, I'll check it out I finish The gravity between us. (Which is nice so far.)
>>
okay - i'm not very good expressing myself in english... reading is much easier.

i am searching books like "branded ann" written by merry shannon (historical lesbian romance).

second question was: the torrent file, that is often mentioned - a lot of lesbian books. i can't download it. so i asked, if it is uploaded somewhere else... on zippyshare or mega or something like that... downloading there is easier.
>>
>>2041502
now I see.
the ff library torrent is 2.74 GB and has 7867 files. as you can see it's big enough that torrenting is the best method to download, also giving you the option of choosing only one book or a selection from one author.
I'm sure that whatever problem you are facing with torrenting can be worked around, what is it?
>>
>>2041116

She did? I need to look for it. It ended way too soon for me especially after all the angst.

I honestly thing a companion book with Baker point of view would be nice. And I say it being one who never read series books. Just that it was easy to feel Baker's emotions in the book but at the same time I wanted to know so badly how she was seeing things, to somehow feel closer to her.

>>2041297

I just got The gravity between us, I will read it surely over this week. BUt it's nice to know it's a good read!
>>
>>2041116

Went to her tumblr and read all the oneshots... Then I got stuck reading her new novel "A Different kind of Us" . It's good I suppose.
>>
Hello /u/. I've been writing erotica since 2004; as of 2016 being my professional year for kindle direct publishing. I don't get much reader feedback and I wanted to know what sort of tales, themes are most sought after.
The reason I'm posting this is due to the fact of writing a small erotic tale about a queen lusting after her maid. Before I knew it, I had almost 500 hundred pages read. I don't know if I shoulder pursue the story into an actual tale or not. I mean, the story shouldn't be more than 10 pages or so and still.
Should I pursue this area further? If so, what theme should I write?
>>
>>2042017
You should probably just write what you like and can write about/want to write about instead of whatever we suggest. I don't really know anything about writing though so maybe I'm wrong.
>>
>>2041967

Same ended up reading the oneshot and I will read a different kind of us soon.
Surprised she put it on for free when it's her second book.

>>2042017

As an avid reader, I'll be honest I only review book I love. What it take for me to love a book? The story, the plot the details...

If the book is 500 pages of sex with a basic plot I won't like it/read it. BUT I know hundreds of people love these sort of stories (got mislead by some goodreads reviews thinking a book was amazing when it was simply sex for 85% of the said book).
>>
>>2042017
Humor. Lesbian books need more humor. And librarians, that's the second thing that's lacking, but I digress.
As for erotica I haven't really read much, so I'm not an expert. I personally find strapons a turn off. And sleaziness. I'd rather read romantic porn.
>>
>>2042017
Not more of the "I'm blackmailing/forcing her but she really means yes when she's screaming no so it's totally not rape" variation.

Other than that pretty much anything goes.

And, yeah, some sort of plot wouldn't hurt, too ...
>>
Does Carmilla count? Is it /u/ enough?
>>
>>2042204
Will you receive your response now, or should we wait at least until you've eaten?
>>
I was wondering, which books would you recommend, are part of your top 10 must read books or think everyone should read at least once in their life?
>>
>>2042017
If it's only porn I wouldn't read it. I need some plot to really get into it.
From what I get from these threads the "enemies to lovers" theme is quite popular.
>>
>>2042540
Age gap, light-hearted fluff, and genre fiction seem to be some of the other common requests.
>>
>>2042017
Plot first, sex later, make them being lesbians a part of them, not what defines them as characters even if it's about them being lesbians; it always turns out better. If you do that you'll get the shit BioWare had with Mass Effect and Dragon Age series, everything they mention and do needs constant reminder that they're gay and anything else that makes them a character is non-existent or very little, making them hollowed characters with no real character to see

But also, write what you like it always turns out better then when you're trying to write about something others want. It what happens when I do art. If you insistent on doing what others want, make it half what they like and what you like so it comes out better.

Also, whatever you do, don't get a shitty DevinatArt artist or 3D artist to do the front cover of your book or someone who slaps together photos ontop the cover and calls it done.
>>
>>2042810
>If you do that you'll get the shit BioWare had with Mass Effect and Dragon Age series, everything they mention and do needs constant reminder that they're gay and anything else that makes them a character is non-existent or very little
I have no idea what you're talking about. Almost all the love interests in those games are bisexual and have mostly the same dialogues for straight and gay romances. Sexuality does not come up much.
>>
>>2042885
I'm not sure about the Mass Effect comment either (didn't play much DA beyond the first one), but I can kinda get behind the idea.

It's why I assume that I prefer lesbian mystery novels over lesbian romance ones; with mystery ones, the author has to come up with a plot and all, and the fact that the protagonist is a lesbian is only another facet to whatever issue is at hand, while with romance it sometimes feels like some author sat there thinking "so lesbian A meets lesbians B, brilliant, book done".

And covers ... ha. Yeah, self-published covers are often horrible, but then so are "properly" published ones. I'm not even sure why that it is; can't be that difficult to do right ...

... talking about questionable covers, I don't supposed anyone has Ex-Wives of Dracula? Lesbian-YA humor/horror/romance/urbanfantasy something? Sounds kinda fun, but a bit expensive.
>>
One of the protagonists of the Quantum Thief trilogy is doing it all for her waifu. Made a deal with a posthuman god, became a nigh unkillable supersoldier, and a lot more.

She's not feeling hot for you, baka, that's just the waste heat from her combat systems.
>>
>>2042810
>everything they mention and do needs constant reminder that they're gay and anything else that makes them a character is non-existent or very little, making them hollowed characters with no real character to see
Wait, what?
The whole thing about BioWare romances people complain about is that they're underdeveloped and usually aren't mentioned at all outside of set events you trigger when you get to a certain point in the game/get a certain amount of "affection points". Sexuality is almost never discussed at all, even during those events. The closest thing I can think of is love interests in DA:I rejecting you if you aren't their type.
Character development, however, is completely separate from romance subplots and is usually pretty well-done. Unless we're talking about DA2 where the only good character is a beardless dwarf.
>>
>>2042885
Sure it does. I can't believe I have to write it out for someone. I'm doing this once, alright? You can systematically see where the creative writing for characters in both these franchises ceases to exist and flaunt sexual preferences and or Mom/Dad Issues above all else. The latter has been prominent in mostly all BioWare games for quite awhile because it's the only thing they're good at writing but becomes boring very fast.

So in Mass Effect 1 there really isn't much on this subject, in this case you're correct, the same can be said for Dragon Age: Origin. In fact, they did homosexual characters properly in the first two games of their related series to a decent extent. Mass Effect doesn't really bring up a characters sexual preference outside how other aliens procreate like the Asari or other races. Zevran in DA:O briefly touches upon it but you need to gain friendship and deep dialogue to find out his preference if you choose to pursue it. The same can be said for Leiana in DA:O where she mentions her flings with other woman but only after you seek it out in her dialogue options.

In Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age 2 these philosophies are totally thrown out the window, we get a taste of this in DA:O Expansions but it's not so bad with Anders. Going into Dragon Age 2 you are almost forced into the Anders romance, the poorly written dialogue with Anders and the MC is so blurred you don't realize you've just tied the knot with Anders instead of just making it known that you're best friends and he can count on you. Whenever you talk to Anders conversations can quickly become reminders that he's gay and or prefers men. Isabella gets a pass on this because they strongly intended it to be HER character but then again it's boring to just make the character "The Lovable Slut" but she flaunts her bi-sexuality to the character and others constantly. (Cont...)
>>
>>2042959
In Mass Effect 2 we see this largely in Kelly Chambers, it doesn't take much for her to make what she really does the focal point of her character, sleeping with whom ever she likes and then getting them to talk. We don't slowly learn what she is or what she does it's almost in your face whenever you try and missclick her character when you're trying to read your damn mail I know this is /u/ but it doesn't take much as a straight character Jacob Taylor to start saying rude things to you and then it becomes his whole persona.

I need to stress this enough for the Author writing stories. BioWare is more known for their horrible writing skills in the "Parenting Issues" then even making a characters sexual preference their whole persona. In both franchises ALMOST every character has a Daddy or Mommy Issues and if it's not that it's Uncle and Aunt issues. Very few characters have anything else in what makes them, them. Now with all the plot holes that Mass Effect 2 has one of the best characters done, I would say, would be Samara and developing a friendship and unrequited love in the end.

By Dragon Age: Inquisition and Mass Effect 3 we start to see some really embarrassing characters like Sera and Iron Bull and their sexuality which is constantly touched upon if you have them in your party or try and have a conversation with them. Sera could have been a good character but no matter what you try and do she has a grotesque butch attitude and to a point, on what options you choose will just constantly remind you of her preferences and sexual tendencies. Bull does the same but most of the time it's not in the dialogue you choose but during combat with certain characters, its out of your control and shows just what kinds of characters they truly are.

I'm not going add Dorian outside the way he dresses you don't realize that he's gay until you're deep into his side-quest; granted, in the end, the reason he dresses like that is because of his sexual orientation.
>>
>>2042959
>>2042964
>Mommy/Daddy issues
Sorry to break it to you anon but you're definitely projecting those feelings onto the games
>>
>>2042964
I can go into a full deconstruction of these characters and how poorly they are but BioWare is a beautiful example as to what NOT to do in making a gay/homosexual character or any character. They focus on a certain part of the character and focus all of their efforts on that singular thing and make them evolve and shape who they are from that single asset instead of it being a part of a whole, a piece of a puzzle that makes who they are.

Mass Effect 3 I think probably has the best example of this Steve Cortez, which isn't /u/ related but could all be /u/ related if it was a simply turned a lesbian; it's still a wonderful example of how not to do a gay character when writing one. Constantly reminds the player character almost every "chapter" or event topic that he's married, he's gay, and something about his lover. Movies, TV-Series do this even worse then BioWare to a degree.

I see this happening almost 80% of the time in the lesbian books I read as well. First off, if you're actively looking and are interested in lesbian books, there's no need for the author to constantly remind the reader that the main character and the people they're perusing are lesbians over and over again, maybe a brief mention once in a blue moon but no constantly. Even then if you want to bring in a wider audience you need to show that people of different sexual orintentation are exactly the same as other people; the way you do that is to show they're exactly the same and at the end or in the middle of a caring scene or deep emotion you reveal ether blatantly or subtly who they prefer if and even then if you want. I also don't know what is up with peoples affection with Ducatis in lesbian romances but 9 outta 10 Action/Urban Fantasy/Mystery they fucking have a Ducati, it's not any other motorcycle or vehicle of transportation it's a fucking Ducati.
>>
>>2042964
To be honest, the worst offender in my opinion was the transgender character in DAI. It was OK when he and your inquisitor just exchanged some words. But once you discovered that he is transgender, everything went downhill because the conversation, for instance, felt so out of place. Like suddenly your character can only ask retard questions and nod to everything. This is likely due to their fear of messing him up but I think that, in order to achieve a mature story, one needs to step up.

So, even though I am a lesbian, I would like to see more variety of situations. Some people do not accept homosexuality so easily, we are more than being homosexual and many more aspects that are not applied in games yet. I liked how Ubisoft handled this aspect in The Division with the doctor. Her request was "rescue my ex wife" but she is not mentioning this aspect all the time like that gay character in Mass Effect 3.

And as to…
>>2042017
I usually like adventure novels with a romance touch. I already mentioned here that I did like the Celaeno (I always have to look up the name btw) series because the women in those books just rock. They are strong, capable, independent and they fug with other women. The only aspect that did not convince me entirely was the fact that men had disappeared. I disliked a lot that trope in some manga I have read and made me wary of that kind of stories.The books turned out pretty good, but it is a complicated trope (basically means to me that they are lesbians because there is not other option).

So, to sum up, I want interesting women that some of them just happen to be lesbians, decent plot and writing. More like real life in some aspects I guess (even if the setting is fantasy or science fiction, I think that mainting the "humanity" in characters and the logic in decisions is key to write a good story). The rest is up to you and your preferences IMO.

Looking forward to your stories anyway!
>>
>>2042987
No I'm not. Do you mind if I just stick to a few of the Mass Effects so it's not another wall of text, I'm also going to shorten them as much as possible for shortening sake. I'm also going to shrink it down to only the most staggering examples; all of them have them to varying degrees and this is seen in the majority of BioWare games.

Ashely Williams - Followed in her fathers footsteps, tries to be a second Mom to her younger sister.
Liara T'Soni - Has to deal with her mother and eventually putting her down
Miranda Lawson - Genetically modified by her insane crazed father to be the perfect woman
Jack - Has no parents; that in itself has its own set of issues
Jacob Taylor - Issues with parents and father especially have to go and take him out with his harem of woman
Garrus Vakarian - Whats to be his own man and tired of his father controlling his life
Thane Krios - Wants the best for his son and on a number of occasions mentions what hes trying to do for his son
Samara - Troubled mother needs to put down her daughters
Wrex - Falling out with father, killing him and anyone that affliated with him
Grunt - Has no family, see Shepard as his Mother/Father to a degree

These things are what ignited or are what started them on the paths they are now and shaped them to who they are; it all leads back to parenting.

And this is without going into another deconstruction of these characters. The things I mention are just a brief scrap on the surface that creates who they are and its a focal point
>>
>>2042959
>you don't realize you've just tied the knot with Anders
DA2 used the most literate way of showing you you're flirting with a character. That is, by having a heart icon appear near the dialogue option. Not sure how you can trigger any romance and not realize that, unless you're retarded. But since DA2's dialogue wheel is made for retarded players, well.
>>
>>2042959
You originally claimed that "anything [othan than their sexuality] that makes them a character is non-existent or very little". You do not support this point at all, and only complain about characters frequently mentioning their sexuality. It's no wonder, because your original claim isn't true at all. Anders talks way more about being a mage and an abomination than his sexuality, Sera talks about her organization and being socially marginalized, and Iron Bull has the whole boisterous yet responsible mercenary chief thing going on. Kelly Chambers is little more than a fanservice character anyway.

>>2042999
>Jack - Has no parents
>Thane Krios - Wants the best for his son
>Samara - Troubled mother
>Grunt - Has no family
That's one impressive definition of daddy/mommy issues.
>>
anyone have as I descended by Robin Talley or south of sunshine by Dana Elmendorf
>>
>>2043011
I also stated family issues in my post as well. They can also be considered Daddy/Mommy Issues but from the literal Dad or Mother or the character themself

Sera and Iron Bull DO say those things but at chapters of the story and with ether or of them in your party or both, they too constantly remind the player be it intentional or not their sexual preferences. It's not very hard to get them to talk about those things in the dialogue tree, not only that but they'll even start the conversations in that nature.
>>
>>2042810
>>2042959
>>2042964
>>2042988
>>2042989
>>2042999
>>2043021
autism
>>
>>2037560
I also just finished Her Name in a Sky. Really good book but man....the angst was real and maybe a little heavy handed with the jesus. But a good weekend read. Would recommend.

Anyone got recommendations for more things like that?
>>
>>2043253

I know, at first I didn't wanted to read it (honestly summary wasn't appealing to me) but ended reading it and loved it.

The angst was the reason I was asking/ hoping for a second book. But the oneshots on the authors tumblr did satisfied me.

A little early in the thread someone recommended me Denial when I asked the same question as you and I don't regret reading it at all. I would also recommend it.
>>
>>2043337
Denial is the same author?

Also I'll be sure to check her tumblr for the oneshots.
>>
>>2043464

Denial is written by Jackie Kennedy. It was originally an Uber that got published into a novel.
>>
>>2043464

Nope it's from Jackie Kennedy. I got it recommended by this anon >>2037292

who also recommended >>2038947

And if this anon is still around, please recommend us more book because you have very good taste !
>>
>>2043487
>>2043485
I'll check both of these out. By the descriptions I think I'll read Denial first.

Again thanks for the recommendations.
>>
Anyone got any relatively drama-less books to recommend?

Here are some of the ones I've come across so far.

Amy Dawson Robertson - Midnight in Orlando (sequel is okay)
G. Benson - All The Little Moments (more drama-y but balances it out with adorable children, also Australian)
Robin Alexander's stuff, but specifically -
The Summer of Our Discontent
The Trip
Just Jorie

YA -
Kat Fletcher - Our Demented Play Date
Abby Crofton - Say Yes to the Cheerleader

Unabashed (But Romantic) Sex -
Meghan O'Brien - Thirteen Hours
>>
>>2042498
>Top ten/must read:
These are more than ten...
Nicola Griffith (Slow River, Ammonite, The Blue Place)
Whatever Gods May Be (Sophia Hagin Kell) and sequel
Miles to Go (Amy Dawson Robertson) and
sequel
Agape trilogy (Aspura y Gonazoles)
Daughter of Mystery (Heather Rose Jones); sequel Mystic Marriage also excellent
One Saved to the Sea (Catt Kingsgrave) – novella
LJ Baker
Nightshade (Shea Godfrey) and sequel
Sara Waters – I’ve only read Tipping the Velvet but I can vouch for that
Six Directions of Space (Alastair Reynolds) – scifi novella, lesbian protagonist
Grass Widow (Nanci Little) – do NOT read First Resort; I’m still bitter about it
Forty Love (Diana Simmonds)
Ash (Malinda Lo) – Huntress is also good
Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Café (Fannie Flagg)
Elemental Logic series (Laurie J Marks)
Qualities of Light (Mary Carroll Moore) – YA novel
Her Name in the Sky (Kelly Quindlen) – YA novel
>>
>>2043253
Qualities of Light (Mary Carroll Moore) - pretty angsty though for different reasons.
>>
>>2043904
I had Popcorn Love recommended a while back, but I haven't had time to read it yet.

Not really the same style as the rest of your list, but Promises, Promises by LJ Baker is a silly fantasy parody that I tried solely because it was described here as gay Discworld.
>>
>>2043917
Atramentum by MJ Duncan
It literally was drama-less.
>>
Finished truelesbianlove.com, following a mention from last thread, and it was, well, okay. Not really a fan of those "I've been in love with you for the past 20 years but a series of coincidences will have us end up together" plots. Too much brand-dropping for my taste, everything had to have a make and model. I liked the cycling though.
Any book where girls go mountain biking?

>>2044000
I'ven't read that one, but liked her books from the big library well enough, even if some had things that I thought were stupid.
>>
>>2044005
The San Francisco series is a bit about biking. When it's not about basketball or volleyball or rocket science or whatever else Mary Uber-Sue is currently doing anyways.
The other protagonist is mainly into golfing, but she joins in on the biking fun.

Not sure what to think about the series on itself - I did manage to read the first 13 - but there was a lot of grumbling and head shaking involved ... but, yeah, there's some biking (more street-, but some mountain-).
>>
>>2043919
I love the angst. The only problem I've found in that these YA novels there's hardly any smut. Which is tragic!

I'll check out that book next. Thanks!
>>
>>2043487
Haha okay, I think I already recommended Popcorn Love in the last thread and Spectrum. They are both light and fluffy. I've aso read None so Blind and The Blind Side of Love way too many times.
>>
Just wanna pop in and say I love the book recommendations in this particular thread.

I re-read Behind the Green Curtain twice in a row. Loved the characters. The writing was wonky at parts. Author loved to use -ing phrases at the start of a sentence a lot. Other than the awkward plot beginning, the rest of the book was pretty great. Well, the plot twist made me say lolwat out loud.

Her Name in the Sky made me tear up too many times. If I was still in high school suffering from gay panic I'd probably be bawling. My favorite parts were the banter with the main cast and the fluffy moments between Hannah and Baker. Getting through the angst was hard since it was realistic imo. And really long. Baker/Clay made me dry heave. Michelle was so so aggravating. Definitely would recommend this one.

Now I'm off to read Pegasi and Prefects and maybe finish Denial. I wasn't really feeling the beginning of the book but I'll try to get through it.
>>
File: 1232741542789455431.jpg (47 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
1232741542789455431.jpg
47 KB, 800x450
>>2044000
Confirmed, just read it and it's literally Comfy: The Book. The only bad thing that happened wasn't even personal drama, just pic related.

Sex scenes made me wish it was easier to find drama free smut, tho.
>>
>>2044524
Now I'm looking forward to this. I liked Spectrum a lot and was hoping the next book by this author would improve on the drama-free formula.
>>
>>2044392
>The Blind Side of Love
Weren't there two versions of this?
>>
>>2044686
Not the one you are quoting

http://ingriddiaz.com/books/the-blind-side-of-love/

Yup. I've read both and I know most of /u/ will crucify me for this(based on past threads) but 2nd draft >> 1st draft.
>>
>>2044692

wait, it's not the same thing? I thought the difference was like draft 2 was edited and less mistakes?

I just downloaded it since it was recommended
>>
>>2044832
Bot the same person, but the two drafts are very different. First has badly formatted e-mails, rushes to it's end and feels unfinished, while the second is generally better written and formatted, has an actual ending and even a sex scene iirc.
Despite that, I find the 2nd draft disappointing personally because it's tone is different, it cuts out some character development I liked, and it gives some characters more "screentime" who I felt didn't need it.
My opinion is that the first draft shows potential for something interesting even though it doesn't reach there itself, while the second draft ditches some of those interesting elements and that can be disappointing to some. That's my opinion anyway.
I'd still advise you to read them both and make up your own mind, this board flip flops on them everytime they are brought up so it's obvious that it's very subjective.
>>
>>2044692
I'm with you, anon.
>>
>>2039233
>The Red Files by Lee Winter
Holy shit what a page-turner.
>>
>>2044928
Has anyone got a copy they can post a link to here?
>>
ohey, a lesfic book with an interesting plot summary! i'll read it!

>all characters except maybe one or two are one-dimensional
>zero character progression
>entirely predictable writing
>zero actual character progression
>tells everything, shows nothing
>ending/conclusion are hammy, rushed, & unsatisfying

I don't super mind most of the time, but god fucking damn am I tired of this right now.

Can someone please rec a /u/ novel that's actually got impressive writing/character development? I think the only one I've ever read that I think I really noticed was Tipping the Velvet by Sarah Waters. Never read any of her others, so I suppose I should.
>>
>>2045297
>zero proofreading
>says the same thing twice
>zero proofreading

sry gals, I'm a few drinks in
>>
>>2045297
See >>2043917
>>
>>2044000
>>2044524
can anyone share?
>>
>>2044928
Following on, because I finished it earlier today - it was going so well. The break-up just before the end was highly unnecessary, at least in the form it was presented. We have Catherine, who we've seen warming up to Lauren over the course of their investigation, which culminated in hot monkey shower sex, so apparently now the best course of action is to throw Lauren out of her house and stop talking to her altogether. Only by random chance they even see each other again, and then it's another week of no contact. The explanation given by Cat later was shitty, overly melodramatic, and I didn't like it.
I fucking hate that crap. A great book otherwise, but that one chapter left a bitter taste that even the epilogue couldn't wash away.

>>2045036
It's on kat.
>>
>>2045622
Can I buy it somewhere outside of Amazon?
>>
>>2045667
Oh, and there's a follow-up story titled Flashback that's free to get.
Little more than smut, though.
>>
Anyone read the other two books - 'Veritas' and 'Second Chances'? Are they of the same drama-free variety? A few people were saying stuff about one of the two, but it could've been about different authors.
>>
>>2045704
I did. Second Chances is pretty much drama free, Veritas has them angsting a bit near the end but it's also a wentbetterthanexpected.jpg book.
>>
>>2045704
I read Veritas, it isn't as well put together as Spectrum but it wasn't bad. It has a similar relaxed atmosphere for the most part even though there are some weirdly heavy topics like having the new girl resemble the captain's dead ex. I couldn't date the doppelganger of a dead ex. Too weird.

I'd recommend it if you want to read about two lesbians stuck in a small tour boat in the tropics. It has its moments. I don't think any of the occasional conflict was intolerable and the ending didn't ruin the book for me which is always a plus.

I skipped on Second Chances because I didn't care for the synopsis.
>>
>>2045704
I wasn't able to get more than a few chapter into either story. I might try again with Second Chances. One of the protags in Veritas is an asshole so that ruined it for me.
>>
>>2045698
Thanks. I didn't know that existed.
>>
>>2045734
She apologizes in chapter 4 or 5 and it goes smoother from there.
>>
>>2045698
>Flashback
I tried to look for this but couldn't find it. appreciate it if you can provide a link to this
>>
>>2045848
oh i found it. it's called Flashbang not flashback
>>
I'm looking for a story where the characters have witty dialogue and great chemistry. Or interesting characters. I know that sounds really generic. I guess I want characters like the ones in the Red Files who kept me laughing and being interested in their lives.
>>
>>2045893
I felt like the interactions between the two leads in Jericho by Ann McMan were great. Like, I wanted to be friends with them to have witty conversations. The book goes a bit crazy at the end, but I forgive the author because I enjoyed the character interactions so much.

I'll have to think of a few more and get back to you. Jericho was just the first to come to mind.

I just read Cliched Love by Lynn Galli, which was pretty good. Mostly drama-free, and the leads had a pretty decent back-and-forth throughout (Galli's characters usually do, she also always does the inexplicable break-up and get back together at the end thing a lot).
>>
>>2045870
Oh yeah, sorry, my bad. Typed that one without thinking.
>>
>>2045848
>>2045905
Also, here's a link if anyone wants it too. You don't even need an account, I think:
smashwords.com books view 595863
It's also in Ylva store, also free, but you have to provide some info for the order.
>our system thinks your post is spam
Oh fuck's sake.
>>
Anyone have any audiobook recommendations? I know it's not strictly /lit/ but I thought I would ask.
>>
>>2045622
http://www5.zippyshare.com/v/t5XXE8c2/file.html
>>
>>2045943
thank you
>>
>>2045714
>>2045718
>>2045734
Thanks, I'll read them after Atramentum then. I asked because there's a mention of the 'Spectrum' winery, and I think the characters from 'Second Chances' showed up in the bookstore. Don't know if the ones from 'Veritas' will show up, but I wouldn't be surprised at this point.
>>
>>2046014
That's actually kind of cool. I like it when authors connect their books to the same universe. I might read Second Chances after all.
>>
>>2046097
But some overdo it. Read something from Schubach's Music of Soul (I loved Five Feet or Less personally) - so the awesome musicians are a couple from book X, and the gallery owners a couple from book Y, and she's acquaintances with a couple from book Z and so on and so on ... and of course they're all super-hot-lesbians.
Now I guess lesbians are more likely to hang out with other lesbians, but at some point a setting becomes basically exclusively inhabited by (awesome) lesbians, and that's slightly unbelievable ...

Still, the book was nice. Totally surprised me in a positive sense; his fantasy books always feel a bit rushed and all, but not this one.
>>
>>2046133
I've read a couple of those but I had to force myself through it until I eventually gave up because they were just not well written at all. I liked the idea of the books and I wished they were good since there aren't many long series but I couldn't get over how tacky they were.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.