[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Metall/u/rgy - Borax Is Justice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /u/ - Yuri

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44
File: nab.png (520 KB, 1617x827) Image search: [Google]
nab.png
520 KB, 1617x827
Continued from >>1958056

>>What is it?
>"Weirdly educational." ~ Anonymous
/u/ put their goggles on tight enough that they started shipping personifications of chemical elements, metals in particular. We started from the nuclear family of a Gold/Silver couple and their daughter Copper, and have been slowly expanding out. Done with a mixture involving small amounts of science and large amounts of "this would be cute" when it comes to establishing an element or couple.

>Fics
http://archiveofourown.org/series/354770

>Art
http://imgur.com/a/XLhFm
>>
Vanadium could be a relationship counselor along with being a regular therapist since she's often used to bind things together.
>>
File: metallurgy.png (109 KB, 3134x722) Image search: [Google]
metallurgy.png
109 KB, 3134x722
Up to date periodic table
>>
File: metallurgy relationships.png (76 KB, 2960x713) Image search: [Google]
metallurgy relationships.png
76 KB, 2960x713
And the relationship table
>>
expect NaB fic either tomorrow or Monday evening depending on how tomorrow goes
>>
>>2007439
>NaB fic either tomorrow or Monday evening
thank ye floflo

Any plans for later that you feel like divulging?
>>
>>2007435
2 questions:
1. When was this last updated?
2. Are they canon?
>>
>>2007434
But you didn't set O/H to mentioned.

>>2008048
Fairly recently. Some are probably more so than others.
>>
>>2007435
Who are we pairing Al with?

Going by the profile Sc or Be?
>>
how thoroughly does a character have to be talked about to be considered discussed?
>>
>>2008074
>But you didn't set O/H to mentioned.

My bad, will be in the nexy iteration.

>>2008048
>1. When was this last updated?

Yesterday

>2. Are they canon?

Yes.

>>2008103
>how thoroughly does a character have to be talked about to be considered discussed?

Not much, "discussed" starts as soon as a single idea for the character is thrown around, for instance Tb and Yb are only knows as being Er and Y's sisters.
>>
as far as i can tell Vanadium would fit well in any of these jobs: consultant (mainly P.R.), therapist, relationship counselor (perhaps in addition to therapist), or maybe an agent (as in manager)
>>
>>2008126

We also have Antimony as a potential therapist/counselor.

>>2008087
>Who are we pairing Al with?

Can Al evem be paired ?
>>
so do we have a plan for hydrogen? Maybe have her a researcher working on experimental technology? referencing its use in fusion and power cells.
>>
>>2008242

Here's what some anon proposed about H and O:

>>2002210
>With some suspension of disbelief; H could be some unimaginably wealthy investor with connections in every field and market. An airheaded ojou-type who doesn't grasp the value of money and would fund a research lab just to see cute girls in lab coats.
>O, funded by H, just travels all over the place meeting people and having fun, and taking up odd jobs whenever she feels like it just to try them, she just happens to know everyone through sheer chance. That kind of person that say, H goes to introduce to (not that they'd be together ;_;) Iron, Carbon and Steel, and Carbon recognizes her as some woman that once helped fix her car when it started belching out smoke and broke down in the middle of nowhere; Iron recognizes her as a hairdresser that once mistakenly dyed her hair permanently red, and steel recognizes her as a woman that once randomly gave her life advice when she ran into her at the beach one day. Just examples of course, but I'm sure you get the general idea.
>>
>>2008242

Here's a tidbit that I thought was clever.

>>2002193
>>
>>2008250
>>2008256
Yeah, I like some mixture of those two for OH.

The latter would generalise nicely to the halogens in general.
>>
>>2008230
>Can Al even be paired?
Wasn't there some talk about pairing her with Scandium because of real world applications?
>>
>>2008305

Scandium as a massive crush on her but things kind of stayed one-sided.

My question was more along the lines of "can a player character like Al be paired at all?"
>>
>>2008308
Oh. I need to stop staying up so late then.

I think if she were to settle down it'd be a case to Zr possibly without the crushing loneliness. Probably more misunderstood jealousy until she realizes why she's jealous of couples.
>>
>>2008313

Yes but I don't really have an idea of who she can be paired with, maybe flonium can clue us in.
>>
File: 1457630959534.jpg (115 KB, 769x478) Image search: [Google]
1457630959534.jpg
115 KB, 769x478
>pairing elements with each other

Have we gone too far?
>>
>>2008316

We're not going too far, it's the others who are not going far enough.
>>
>>2008316
Aren't we just following in our ancestors' footsteps? Only instead of natural forces as divinity and the supernatural, we're making it more mundane.
>>
>>2008316
Can we go too far?
>tfw no /u/-appropriate "but let's keep going and see what happens"
>>
>>2008314
>maybe flonium can clue us in.
Off the top of my head, metals commonly alloyed with aluminium include copper, zinc, silicon, magnesium, manganese, and titanium.

There's a case to be made for scandium as well, since while scandium makes up a small percentage of most aluminium alloys, it's the primary use for scandium.

NaB fic soonish, family willing.
>>
>>2006862
http://pastebin.com/G9w1gGUa
Sorry this is super late.
>>2008230
Wasn't there something about Antimony having money from a business venture involving PbSn to reference printing?
>>
>>2009281

Thanks a lot.

Writing the requested CuZn meetup fic (going well, if longer than planned), so as usual, I'm taking fic or profile requests for after.

>Wasn't there something about Antimony having money from a business venture involving PbSn to reference printing?

Sb has been discussed many times but nothing really definite came out of that.

Whatever Sb is, her appearance can't be anything but a grown-up version of Annie from Gunnerkrigg court
>>
>>2009307
I'm not quite so sold on Antimony being Annie but she could be something of a mentor figure perhaps? Kind of around Mercury's age or so that Sn and Pb met in uni or something.
>>
>>2009311
>something of a mentor figure perhaps?
Or alternately, she's one of SnPb's students, since Tin and Lead have been known for a much longer time.
>>
>>2009312
Possible, would make for an interesting window into Tin. That'd also give a better opportunity to explain away the printing connection especially if it's family money.
>>
As promised, have some NaB.
http://archiveofourown.org/works/6263884

Not sure what I'll do next.
>>
File: 1362899325487.jpg (22 KB, 298x205) Image search: [Google]
1362899325487.jpg
22 KB, 298x205
>>2009412
Very cute, I can just see Boron being all flustered every time Sodium comes onto her.

Why not try to make another profile? Maganese and Magnesium kind of need filling out, Maganese more than Magnesium. You could, and this is probably a big request, you could update Carbon's profile.
>>
File: 1YH88stFv.gif (83 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
1YH88stFv.gif
83 KB, 500x300
>>2009412
Everything about this is yes.
>>
>>2009419
>>2009420
Glad you like it, anons.

I swear I'll do profile updates eventually, when I have more time off work or something. We should be finishing a sprint next week, I should be more awake once the shackles of employment are lifted. Family willing.

The reason it keeps getting bumped off I'm trying to set word count goals for myself and I can't really count profiles as much, since they're not stories per say.
>>
>>2009426
Well then in that case, maybe something involving Electrum teasing Copper over a suspected crush and trying to act like she's the expert on the matter.
Leading to Gold and Silver overhearing it and Gold teasing Electrum about Iridos.

Or possibly Mithril flirting with Adamantine who just came back from a work out and is showing off her abs and figure. If they happen to be flirting in front of Adamantine's daughter Ti than all the better.
>>
>>2009412
>Boron still clinging to her ruined romance with Zr to try and escape the inevitable

SPOT ON

>Not sure what I'll do next.

Profiles

>>2009426
>I'm trying to set word count goals for myself and I can't really count profiles as much,

What I did for the profiles is write about three visible lines per relationship entry.

But you shouldn't really bother with word count for profiles, some characters simply don't have much to be said (Fr for instance).
>>
>>2009432
I think for copper it would be better if she was shy and introverted, but somehow nearly all the other elements want to tap that.

Copper gets hit on by everyone and just has panic attacks about it.
>>
>>2009703

The problem here is that many of the elements with whom she interacts are already paired. Making them all interested in Copper would be out of character.
>>
>shipping chemical elements

Never change.
>>
>>2009746

We have a reputation to uphold.
>>
>>2009746
>implying Japan wouldn't have personified chemical elements and put them into a harem story
For once we got there first... I think.
>>
>>2009765

Japan was busy with countries.
>>
>>2009765
>>implying Japan wouldn't have personified chemical elements and put them into a harem story
>For once we got there first... I think.

How long until Japan notices on this project?
>>
>>2009806
Should we copyright this?
>>
>>2009909
I doubt we could.

Any ideas regarding Selenium?
>>
>>2009911
>I doubt we could.
Actually, at least by US law, the stuff is already copyrighted. Hiwo owns the drawings, and Flonium and MS own their respective writings. Copyright is automatic once a work is tangible unless the work infringes on other copyrights, which this doesn't.
>>
>>2009930
>flonium owns what they already wrote
Quick, Flo, go write that Iono au that I asked for a few threads ago!

- Iono!Carbon (Queen regent)
- Queen Consort Iron
- Harem!CLASS-M
- (Carbon) Steel as heir apparent
- All of dem steel types personified, one child from every wife.
- There was something about most of the steel sisters being after one character but I forgot which one.
- AuAg have their own monogamous kingdom, with SnPb being in their court.
>>
>>2009980
Ahhh, I meant Queen Regnant.
>>
>>2009980

Speaking of AU, I posted on AO3 that Alt UxTc fic some anon made on Pastebin, for posterity.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/6271540
>>
>>2009911
>Any ideas regarding Selenium?
Based on use in photocells and energy-related electronics, and use in compounds in multivitamins and dietary supplements... some sort of cute tree-hugger?

>>2009930
I'd view it more as belonging to the board.
>>
>>2010091
>some sort of cute tree-hugger?

Metall/u/rgy's resident granola girl?
>>
>>2010091
>some sort of cute tree-hugger?

Would there be conflicts with elements that harm nature (are poisonous)?
>>
>>2010101
Maybe not outright conflict but she could feel uneasy around them and be standoff-ish. Like something about them just feels "wrong" to her.
>>
Girls. what if we ship angles?

Acute angles being cute little imoutos when?
>>
>>2010135
Settle down, imouto.
>>
File: metallurgy brainstorming.png (66 KB, 699x1981) Image search: [Google]
metallurgy brainstorming.png
66 KB, 699x1981
This talk about Selenium gave me a perfect excuse to not work on my fic and dick around on Excel.

Here are the ideas thrown around for the elements discussed but not yet settled in the canon. Feel free to discuss, suggest or criticize.
>>
File: metallurgy brainstorming.png (67 KB, 722x1981) Image search: [Google]
67 KB, 722x1981
>>2010320

Whoops, botched Sb.
>>
>>2010091
>I'd view it more as belonging to the board.
Flonium, at least, has disclaimed characters and ideas and concepts, but legally he still owns his specific writings.

Considering flonium's usual attitude about being "the canon", I doubt he'd be particularly litigous.
>>
>>2010323
Wasn't Arsenic a bit more than pest control? I vaguely remember some stuff about Thallium and Arsenic bonding over pesticides but I thought it was more than that.
>>
>>2010323

Vanadium could be a masseuse for the same reasons she could be a therapist. With her playful personality she could be the source of the ever-so-timeless "is my partner being stolen by the masseuse?" conflict/jealousy.
>>
>>2010454

I don't member, but these are still ideas, you can suggests new ones.

Originally Arsenic was supposed to be Co's BFF, but the role eventually went to Sm.
>>
>>2010323
>Travel about
>Meet and help people
And now I'm picturing Oxygen as a genderflipped Yusuke Godai.

Right down to the thumbs-up.
>>
>>2010323
So are HO from ancient money?
>>2010669
She could still be, though maybe they fell out of touch.

Either way it seems like Arsenic might requires a touch of research or two.
>>
>>2010735
>Right down to the thumbs-up.

I am unilaterally declaring this as canon.

>>2010773
>So are HO from ancient money?

H might be as ancient money as it gets, more so than Gold, but much less obvious.

>She could still be, though maybe they fell out of touch.

Co needed a close childhood friend, and the first though was As but Sm made much more sense.

She could still know Co, but I see her as a somewhat isolated part of the cast. She can be the sort of person who has a scary job, excels at it and even enjoys the uneasiness she inspires to the high society. She enjoys a simple life, is good humored and know how to scare people.
>>
I'll probably update Carbon's profile after work today, so people can stop being worried about that

>>2010735
between /sgg/, my coworkers, and now apparently this thread, I'll have to get around to watching Kamen Rider eventually
>>
Is there an incestual couple? Any /ll/?
>>
>>2011179
Nothing yet, for incest outside of SiC.
I know for a fact that /ll/ is kind of prevalent but it's more of a case of late teen/woman approaching her forties.
>>
>>2011182
>late teen/woman approaching her forties
That's pretty good.

Could also do both at the same time.
>>
>>2011187
>both at the same time
That's probably a bit harder to pull off unless it's LiK though I think K is kind of set aside for a different couple. Only other way I could think of it possibly slipping in as both would be either the gases or say Ytterbium with Yttrium

There could be a case of incestuous cousins/sisters if MnMg gets paired up. If MnMg (as sisters) get paired their ages work against each other unless their half sisters or something to explain why they aren't aware of each other. Cousins work better for that.

That said it seems that the largest age gap is 13 in regards to CuZn.
>>
>>2011197
Well, I don't know the first thing about elements. All I know is that mother/daughter is the best.

Where are you getting this information from? I don't see anything about Copper or anything in the bios section licked above.
>>
>>2011207
Make that linked above. Freudian slip.
>>
>>2011207
See >>2007435
However, yeah I don't think they'll be a mother/daughter pair unless somehow Primae Materia is an actual person that is Mercury's mother but that won't happen. I suppose there could be a case with the fantasy metals but even then it'll never be a focus.

CuZn, specifically, is "recent" in that it's really only been talked about in the threads and referenced in one of Flonium's oneshots.
>>
>>2011212
Ah, okay. It seems like there are a lot left on the chart. It's not going to extend past metals though, right?
>>
>>2011217
Not readily though it might eventually. H and O is getting development since an idea was tossed around that fit them pretty good.
>>
>>2011218
Imagine it, with all the elements there will be enough for every kind of couple. Why stop?
>>
>>2011179
>Is there an incestual couple?

There had been SiC, but in the past.

I also toyed with the idea of RbCs who are cousins but haven't had the opportunity to go back to the alkalis since the profiles.

>Any /ll/?

As it stands the biggest age gaps are between adults, CuZn is 13 years (20 to 33) and NbZr is 12 years (29 to 42). The biggest age gap in the setting was ZrB which was 21 years (20 to 41).

>>2011207
>All I know is that mother/daughter is the best.

That's hard because nearly all the mother/daughters are already paired with other elements, only ones that aren't are LiK, and I really don't see that one working.

I think your best bet would be the diatomics that haven't been talking about.

>>2011217
>It seems like there are a lot left on the chart
>>2011219
>Why stop?

Well if someone has a good idea about an element ("good" as in "fits with the rest of the canon"), we'll run with it, like what an anon said about H and O.
>>
>>2011427
>12 years (29 to 42)

Derp
That's obviously 13 years, like CuZn
>>
>>2010735
So Oxygen is a Kamen Rider?
>>
>>2011503
She's an ally of justice.
>>
>>2011427
How would RbCs work?
>>
>>2011517
No details, just a passing idea based on the fact that Rb and Cs are both shut-ins that mainly interact with each other.

Also wondered about what to do with Fr but by that time I was already writing other stuff.
>>
>>2011503
>>2010735
>>2011507
30% Maryelle from Log Horizon
20% Araragi Karen from Monogatari
20% Tomoe Mami from Madoka
15% Yusuke Godai
10% Takasu Yasuko from Toradora
5% Prisma Ilya's Bazett (the random job parts)
>>
Praseodymium could be a politician/movement leader due to the fact it's ductile, malleable, magnetic, and is used in ferrocerium firesteel (referencing a their inflammatory capabilities).

Maybe there could be some kind of affair with Nickel that winds up getting Pr disgraced and shunned (referring to their alloys' extreme magnetocaloric property).
>>
>>2011526
>Praseodymium could be a politician/movement leader

She could be the city's mayor.
>>
>>2011526
Interesting thought, it'd probably have to be before Nickel fully gets with Chromium unless everyone's fine with a bit of drama that would entail if NiCr was together.
>>
>>2011523
>20% Tomoe Mami from Madoka
Is it the loli lusting part where she often sleeps with Hydrogen and her numerous little sisters?
>>
>>2011530
Yes, and the cake/blushing/busty parts.
>>
>>2011523
>>2011531

Could you expand on what parts of what characters you give to O.
>>
>>2010323

If Vanadium is being paired with Titanium then she should be a therapist, since vanadium stabilizes the beta form of titanium in order to increase it's strength.
>>
>>2011542
That was one of the suggested things, I think someone also suggested a masseuse which might fit her looks better.
>>
Do Thallium or Polonium have any familial relation to another element?
>>
>>2011535
From Maryelle, the over-the-top affection towards everyone she meets, general upbeat attitude and concern towards others. From Yusuke the sense of justice and being a hero, but from Karen the more childish/naiev sense of justice, helping the weak and being "cool" in a frequently dorky or endearing fashion. From Mami, the onee-san/motherly protective instinct, bust, penchant for molesting and giving advice to cute girls, and enjoyment of the finer/softer things in life. From Yusuke the afformentioned justice, carefree world traveling and thumbs up. From Yasuko a dash of air-headedness and lack of self-conciousness. From Bazett the showing up doing random part-time/bizarre jobs.
>>
>>2011547

Not at the moment, do you suggest something?
>>
>>2011545

She should totally be a masseuse; none of the occupations currently suggested (for anyone) have the potential to create as much sexual tension.
>>
>>2011549
Well I was thinking upon the earlier conversation about incestuous couples in the thread and I was trying to possibly think of some undeveloped metal elements that could give the leeway for a motherxdaughter or auntxniece pairing.

I might be getting ahead of myself, but what if it Thallium and Polonium were one of the pairs? Incestuous pairs that is.

Unfortunately there's not much to my suggestion outside of Thallium being the daughter/niece to work with her possibly being Arsenic's apprentice and the reason for them being family is their extreme toxicity and row placement. I also kind of lack a plausible explanation to explain why they'd be attracted to each other though I'm sure I could think up one or two.

Thinking further on it, slightly, Thallium could be the mother with a bit of rearranging to reference how she's earlier in the table than Polonium though that'd probably make Tl Arsenic's colleage or mentor in that case.

In any case, I was asking to see how plausible it'd be for them if that was open to be discussed.
>>
>>2011552
I like where you're going with this, specifically the latter. "Silvery-white" fits the milf role.
>>
>>2011552

As it stands Thallium lived as a farmer girl before going to the city, so we could make Polonium the aunt she's living with.
>>
>>2011645
Interesting idea.
>>
>>2011608
Silvery-white is unfortunately common among a lot of the metals so it's something that should be used sparingly.

>>2011645
Fair enough, it'd be interesting to see if she knew about this Aunt Po from a young age.

Speaking of which, maybe Po could have some vocation associated with generator maintenance and installation or maybe something more delicate dealing with the fact that Polonium is used in photographic plates, textile mills, paper rolls, sheet plastics, and on substrates prior to coating applications. Well that and her age could factor into why she isn't doing a lot with thermoelectric generators.
>>
>>2011900
She should smoke, too.
>>
>>2011940
Actually, I like it better if she used to smoke when she was younger.
>>
>>2011941
Did she move onto cigars as she got older?
>>
>>2011958
Perfect.

It's a rare treat for her.
>>
>>2011960
Like bedding a girl or when a plan comes together, sometimes both.
>>
>>2011962
One results in the other.
>>
>>2011963
Sounds a bit like a heart-breaker. Is there anyone who can tame such a veteran?
>>
>>2011965
Her sweet and innocent niece, Thallium.
>>
>>2011968
>Thallium
>innocent
We all like to have some preconceived notions Po, but come on. She's far from innocent. She probably got it from your sister.
>>
>>2011972
She's as innocent as can be! You know what they say about country grown vegetables.
>>
>>2011973
That they're deceptively benign? Po would probably know all about them possibly being one herself. Either way I can't help but imagine Thallium has a borderline goth kid depending when she began to live with her aunt.
>>
>>2012007
I might be stereotyping, but I imagined a bubbly country girl right off the bat. Not with an accent or anything, or Amish, but pretty lighthearted. As a counterpoint to the smoldering maturity of her aunt.

She could be reserved and shy as well, depending on when she moved, like you mentioned.

Why did she move in the first place? To go to a better high school in the city?
>>
>>2012025
Definitely school opportunities most likely, it could be a death(Tl's mom) in the family or something if she was to know her aunt earlier. Say around 12 or so and didn't really get a crush until the beginning of high school perhaps.
>>
>>2012032
School seems best. Po thought she was cute from the beginning.
>>
>>2012036
It also depends on how well she knows her aunt. Tl's mom might not have kept the best contact with her sister and Polonium might have originally been as nervous as Tl had been when it finally happened.
>>
>>2012044
Oh, I'm sure she was. When she first moved in Po just hid it behind an air of aloof confidence. Tl's refreshing youth and purity or whatever eventually broke down the walls she had built up over the years.

They probably hadn't seen much of each other at all before this.
>>
>>2012056
Nothing too dramatic, I'll add.
>>
>>2012056
Sounds decent enough, though the bigger question now is: does Tl's mom and Po's sister stay nameless or is she a metal like say Tellurium or one of the gases?

I wanna say she stays nameless so there could be a bit of angst right when they were about to reveal they were seeing each other the nameless mom could pass away in an accident or something.
>>
>>2012069
I agree, she should stay nameless for now.
>>
>>2012072
Well with that settled, how old should year zero Tl and Po be? I wanna say Tl's nearing the end of highschool or something where the Arsenic apprenticeship could lead to her going into uni easily or perhaps causing her to graduate early.

For Po I'm feeling 38~45 after all she is the eldest sister.
>>
>>2012087
In her second year, maybe? That seems about right. It's not too early to be thinking about the future either, while still leaving time for their relationship to develop.

Yeah, early to mid forties for Po is spot on.
>>
>>2012091
I figured third year for Tl but either works. It'd also put her in the same year as Steel, and Terne.
>>
>>2012113
All things considered, I prefer second right now.
>>
Don't forget that as it stands, To went to the city because country life bored her.

I'd say she more or less left without a plan and ended up crashing at Po's, like supposedly temporarily, and hept doing smal jobs. And it was Po who found her an opportunity at being As' apprentice, because she wanted to help her niece who was all grown up.
>>
>>2012177
>I'd say she more or less left without a plan and ended up crashing at Po's, like supposedly temporarily, and hept doing smal jobs. And it was Po who found her an opportunity at being As' apprentice, because she wanted to help her niece who was all grown up.

That makes the whole romance between them sound more like Tl thinks she is repaying Po; at least that's the way it sounds to me.
>>
>>2012181

That can be avoided in the writing, especially if Po has a history of being selfless with TL.
>>
>>2012177
Sounds like she'd be just out of high school then.
>>
>>2012188

More or less, I always saw her at around K's age.
>>
>>2012091
>Yeah, early to mid forties for Po is spot on.

What would be Po's job?
>>
>>2012253
See the bottom part of >>2011900's post.

Though if you wanna make it vague, she could just work for the city's energy department.
>>
>>2012253

Based on her use in the printing press she could also be a writer.
>>
>>2012256
>>2012257

Given her age, she could be the supervisor of the city's electric grid or some sort of higher up in the energy department.

And she's a writer on the side.
>>
>>2012266
Sure, I could see her position as a result of her climbing the ladder depending on her history while the writing could be a result of whatever.
Though those coupled together give the feeling she's definitely out of her thirties.
>>
File: metallurgy brainstorming.png (77 KB, 722x2261) Image search: [Google]
77 KB, 722x2261
>>2012270

Alright, updated discussion chart.
>>
>>2012272
Would you mind putting the abbreviations/periodic table designations under the names?
>>
File: metallurgy brainstorming.png (78 KB, 722x2261) Image search: [Google]
78 KB, 722x2261
>>2012275
>Would you mind

Nope
>>
>>2012276
Cool, thanks.
>>
>>2009307
>taking fic or profile requests for after.
If you're still taking them, could I request Po's profile?
>>
>>2012320
>If you're still taking them

I write what the thread wants to read, so you can always add something to my writing backlog, that's what I'm here for.

Po's profile, got it.
>>
>>2012323
Delightful thanks, though I'm curious if TlPo will be together or be on the verge of getting together during year zero.
>>
>>2012327
>I'm curious if TlPo will be together or be on the verge of getting together during year zero.

Well if the thread wants to discuss to matter (that and both Po and Tl's precise age) while I finish my current fic, I'd be happy to write the decision in the profile.
>>
>>2012335
In that case, I'd like to put forth the suggestion that Polonium is 40 going onto 41 while Tl just turned 20.

As for if they're actually a couple or getting together; the latter. Maybe something to do with Tl's life going in a good direction and large amounts of confidence caused her to finally act on her crush leading to her taking her aunt out to an event or something as a very subtle pseudo date to see if there would be any vibes from Po.

Also maybe Tl got more than vibes since she never really saw her aunt drunk on wine and ends up getting a kiss right as Po passes out or something. I'm sure some other anons might have a better idea.
>>
>>2012181
>>2012181
>>2012188
>>2012195
Eeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

This goes against everything I thought about them and the whole concept I liked about it.
>>
>>2012355
>the whole concept I liked about it.

Wasn't the concept supposed to be Tl being in an incestuous relationship with Po?
>>
>>2012357
As the person who originally asked about it, yes. Also as important, though, is the age gap. Every other couple in the series with one already has the youngest member in their 20s, shortening it. Now this one would be just like the others.

Furthermore, her moving for school makes the most sense in every possible way that anything else would seem contrived and unrealistic. At least for how I was imagining them last night.

Both of their characters kind of hinge on that dynamic.

Young teen girl + ara ara milf, come on.
>>
>>2012361
>Furthermore, her moving for school makes the most sense in every possible way that anything else would seem contrived and unrealistic. At least for how I was imagining them last night.

The thing is, her reason for moving is already more or less stated in canon, although a simple workaround is that she simple dropped out of school.
>>
>>2012361
I think the big issue is more on Thallium's part. I certainly have no issue with her being younger and in high school. She's going to have the most "stable" age gap either way since Po will most likely be in her forties.

School and boredom could still be the reason why she moved into her aunt's place, especially if she was raised to peruse challenges and what she thought would make her happy. Leading to the whole school change possibly being from her expressing academic boredom to her nameless parent(s)
>>
>>2012362
I got the feeling Thallium's reason to move was rather flimsy and more of an excuse to just have a connection to Arsenic at the time, especially since they were both under developed at the time.
>>
>>2012362
What? Could you elaborate?

Can't it just be changed?

>>2012363
That works. Whatever her feelings on it, "this highschool is the best opportunity, is in the city where your aunt lives, so you can stay with her" is really all that's needed. She'd be around 13 when she moved and 15~ when their relationship blooms, at least ideally.

I still like the idea that her (single?) mother falls ill or something soon after they become a couple. That could also be another reason she sent her daughter away: she knew it was going to happen and didn't want her to see the intensive treatment. They manage to tell her before she passes away, and tearfully receive her blessing.

Yeah, dramatic.
>>
>>2012366
>Can't it just be changed?

I'm not big in changed it because it also ties with Potassium's story;

Thallium is an important support for Potassium who just ran away from home, and it's Potassium's determination who inspires Thallium to go do her thing.

Details can be changed, but I'd rather keep the core of it.
>>
>>2012367
She can be still be inspired to leave home in general under a normal context. That doesn't need to change. She just goes about it differently.
>>
>>2012369
To elaborate, any reservations she had about the idea of moving would be steeled (lol) by the actions of her friend and she gains a little confidence.
>>
>>2012365

Actually, Tl was tied with K first, it's when it was established that she moved in the city that tying her with As became a opportunity.

>>2012369
>She just goes about it differently.

That's what I see a "datils can be changed"

>>2012370

Well that's exactly what it was supposed to be; she was reserved about leaving, but seeing Potassium make it gave her the needed confidence.
>>
>>2012369
>>2012370
Only downside might be that she's aged up a little, sounds like a year or two, unless her parent(s) had some relation with Phosphorus
>>
>>2012372
>Tl was tied with K first
You're right, it's been so long since I looked at K.
>>
>>2012372
So, that's fine and all. The Arsenic connection doesn't need to be stressed as heavily either, for now.

>>2012373
Why is that?
>>
>>2012372

Or we could ditch Tl's connection with As altogether and reference Th's use for glass and electronics, both applications involving P's waifu S (at this point P and S are in a mid-distance relationship).
>>
>>2012380

Meant for >>2012376
>>
>>2012376
>Why is that?
Trying to keep the notion of a young Thallium in mind, but it's kind of odd to imagining her being a preteen/teen and working at P's farm with no discernible reason. Still the thought gave credence to her helping K get accustomed to farm life since a younger person might be more willing to extend a hand to a 'stranger'
>>
>>2012385
>it's kind of odd to imagining her being a preteen/teen and working at P's farm with no discernible reason.

She doesn't need to work for P specifically, she can live in the farm nearby P's.
>>
>>2012386
Reasonable enough, it seemed as if the important thing was K influencing her and Tl helping K get accustomed.
>>
>>2012380
That's possible, assuming I'm following you right.

>>2012385
Oh, I see. I thought she just grew up on her own farm. Still, there's no reason what you said can't still be the case. What you said about her willingness to help is very true.

Her working there could have just been a non-intensive part time thing. That's not uncommon for younger people to do. They can be neighbors. I like that.
>>
>>2012387
As long as she's around enough for that to happen, it works.
>>
Right, so here's what I'm proposing.

Tl is a neighbour of P

3 years before year zero, K runs from home and go work for P

She meets Tl and they become friends.

Tl, who had aspirations beyond the country life, is inspired by K's example and moves to the city at her aunt Po's place.

Still up in the air: how old is Tl? And who actually pursued the other?
>>
>>2012396
>How old is Tl
I'm feeling 13 for when K first moves to the countryside. So probably 16 by the time year zero comes.
>who goes after who
Outside of Po possibly being super affectionate when drunk on wine, and just maybe a bit handsy, I like the idea that Tl gained a bit of an older woman kink because of all the time she spent around K and P. Obviously being a bit of the foundation to her crush on aunt Po.

Maybe there's a night or something where Po hits it pretty hard and drunkenly accuses her niece of crushing on her, because they hug and cuddle so much or something, and asking why Tl would like an old hag like herself.
>>
>>2012396
15 for Tl.

At first, Po thought she was cute but assumed she wouldn't act on it as her guardian, while Tl also grew a strong crush on her. That being the case, Tl probably initiated it at first. Po was receptive.
>>
>>2012403

If she's 16 at year zero, does that mean she's already going out with Po?
>>
>>2012418
Yeah, she would be.

Whether she's 15 or 16.
>>
While doing research for Po's profile, I got an idea about Tl's mother;

How about Radon (Rn)? Rn doesn't have many applications so she could fit nicely in here, like she chronically ill (like Ra but at the time medicine wasn't as advanced) and needed to move to the countryside for her health.

however I'm not big with her being in life-thretening condition
>>
>>2012691
Her condition could worsen shortly after the time Po and Tl get together, but there's no reason she can't recover after they confess to her, if they do. That's actually better. I think.
>>
>>2012700
That's actually much better, I think*
>>
>>2012700

But why would we need Tl's condition to worsen, especially if it just gets better afterwards anyway?
>>
>>2012706

*Tl's mother condition
>>
>>2012706
>>2012708
So they have an impetus to confess to her as well as to serve as the climax of their first dramatic arc.
>>
>>2012709
Note: The confession isn't necessary and it still works.
>>
The more I think about it, the more I agree that it isn't really necessary for her condition to worsen at all. Hmmm.
>>
>>2012709

Well I'm not feeling it for two reasons:

First this kind of setup works in properly dramatic works, when the ill person really is passing away; setting it up only for Tl's mother go "hey gurls, got better lol" afterwards makes the whole thing deflate and loose purpose.

The second thing that it wouldn't make Po and Tl's relationship justice; they've together for like a year and it's a relationship that will have lots of challenge to overcome; having them worked everything out in the span of a year, so much that they'll be ready to tell Tl's mom, really stretches the suspension of disbelief
>>
>>2012718
After thinking it over I see your points, and agree. I still think it could be done well, just that it doesn't really need to.
>>
>>2012721

I agree that the telling to Tl's mother should be treated as serious business though, just not like that.
>>
>>2012724
Mhm. That's a while down the road, at any rate.
>>
Right, so no objections about having Rn as Tl's mom?
>>
>>2012729
Sounds good to me.
>>
>>2012731

Good, gathering material for Po's profile, Rn'll be featured alongside Tl and...U

goddamit Ura, stop finding a way in every one of my profiles; you've already had a big profile for yourself and two big fics
>>
>>2012740
How is she going to factor in?
>>
>>2012742

Not heavily (thank god) but she's in the same age bracket as her and it's been hinted in Ra's profile that she had the same sort of ailement, only much less severe.

I'm going for former hospital mate.
>>
>>2012745
Ah, interesting.

Rn is in her mid to late 30s, yeah?
>>
>>2012752

I think I'll go with Po at 41, Rn at 37 and Tl at 16 (all at year zero)
>>
>>2012761
With their relationship already established at this time, right. That sounds good.
>>
>>2012763
Maybe just established to show that they're kind of a new couple or something.
>>
>>2012764

That's the plan, like how NaB is mention in B's profile.
>>
>>2012764
Oh, for sure. This is a recent thing.

To clarify, she's still in her second year of highschool, right?
>>
>>2012767
Ah alright.
>>2012768
Most likely
>>
>>2012768

By year zero, yes.
>>
>>2012769
>>2012770
Okay, cool. Thanks.
>>
How do these characters' ages relate to the established universe? Is it normal-people ages, or longer? Most of these have a feel to it as if the characters can get older than normal humans.
>>
>>2012795
I think they're just normal.
>>
>>2012795

For all intents and purposes, the characters are humans, barring certain details like the radioactives' luminescent blush.
>>
>>2012795
Either or? The oldest one so far is Hg and she's just entering her fifties so take that as you will.
>>2012820
Or W being a drow
>>
>>2012826
>Or W being a drow

Yeah, some metals have impossible colors like Co's blue hair.

And also, if two girls have sex, one of them can get pregnant.
>>
>>2012828
>>2012826
But drow have white hair.
>>
>>2012862
I originally was going to say Duergar or Svirfneblin but W is taller than both of those races so I defaulted to drow.
>>
>>2012865
I'm pretty sure you just nat 20'd being a dork, nee-san.
>>
>>2012865

I'm actually curious to see what W would actually give in art form, to see if the image in my head actually translates to something.
>>
>>2012873
>see if the image in my head actually translates to something
What does the image look like?
>>
>>2012877

Well, I tried to put it in W's description, but a description is still just text.
>>
>>2012878
Hm, but what does this neck-length hair look like?
>>
File: 1449727479117.png (191 KB, 687x645) Image search: [Google]
1449727479117.png
191 KB, 687x645
>>2012879
I think Vanadium's a pretty good example of that term.
>>
>>2012879

Somewhat messy, with many free strands, something that has a shounen hero vibe to it.
>>
>>2012871
Oh no, my secret's been exposed. Just don't tell anyone that I browse /tg/, fellow ca/tg/irl
>>
>>2012802
>>2012820
Flonium's very first AuAg thing referenced events in like the 1600s though.
>>
>>2012893

Well we'd have to ask flonium how he regards this fic, as the PbSn and CuPt one are definitely in a modern setting.
>>
>>2012896
>>2012893
The early assumption was that they're immortal, since gold and silver have been around and in use for thousands of years.

But copper is also "young" and others equally young, so it's hard to say.
>>
>>2012899
Wouldn't it be best to have them just age normally at this point?
>>
>>2012903
Maybe, yeah.
>>2012893
I think that had more to do with the lack of any sort of foundation so Flonium used something from history and built around it. Then the threads built onto it and made it more of a modern setting.
>>
>>2012906
The way it appears now, none of this comes up. It seems safe to say it's transitioned away from that.
>>
>>2012903
I vote against normal aging. Because the immortal thing means you can set stuff in modern day and historically.
>>
>>2012912
I definitely don't, not that it should be up for debate. It totally recasts the context of every single character and relationship. Everything I've seen or read so far doesn't account for it, and runs opposite against it, as far as I can tell. If you'd like that, couldn't it just be an alternate story?
>>
>>2012915

There's that, and the fact that many metals only have relevance in a modern setting.
>>
>>2012915
I suppose.
>>
>>2012931
Don't get me wrong, a separate, historical continuity would be cool. You could play up the alchemical themes.
>>
Added Mo and Si to Carbon's profile, I think that's the big ones we have so far.

>>2012896
>Well we'd have to ask flonium how he regards this fic
I don't cling to a hard and rigid notion of "the canon" for this, as I might have suggested a few times before. There's a general notion of relationships and concepts, but I don't have a timeline of which of my fics fit together when and where.

For character-driven things, I use a modern setting because it's simplest and most relatable; as >>2012915 says, you throw a lot out the window with more overtly supernatural characters.

For more /sci/ or /his/-driven things, I use the appropriate setting. I'll probably do some more "historical" ones as time comes and goes, like mercury's role in Roman armour decoration, or the aluminium tip of the Washington monument. (Even the Flint one, which is definitely modern, has some vaguely supernatural implications in Lead's dialogue, though I kept it vague.)

Feel free to view them as AU if you prefer a modern setting.
>>
>>2012939
>Added Mo and Si to Carbon's profile
Those were definitely the more developed ones compared to Mn, who was used in Fe's profile and comes across as a harsher Zinc in that.

All in all the update's good.
>>
>>2012939
>I don't cling to a hard and rigid notion of "the canon" for this
>I don't have a timeline of which of my fics fit together when and where.
No offense intended but that's kind of a non-answer...
>>
>>2012945
>kind of a non-answer
It's explicitly a non-answer, and that's deliberate. As far as I'm concerned, there's not much gained from an answer.

If someone wants to write a Metall/u/rgy thing a certain way, then I'm in favour of them doing so. If they want to do it a different way, I'm in favour of that just as much. There's no reason that I should decree one way or the other just because I wrote something first.

To me, content is more important than canonicity. We have a lot of material to work with; why narrow ourselves down arbitrarily? If someone wants to write more CuPt or some CuTi, that's cool. I'm cool with that.
>>
>>2012934
Makes sense. It's not like we can't do both.
>>
Just a quick thing I wanted to add before it's too late: Po should probably be "graying" (or "greying"), not having completely gray hair but just little areas (or strands) of it.
>>
>>2012961
Just a touch.

Despite her sophistication, I imagine her behaving fairly youthful. She's aged well.
>>
>>2012968
>>2012961
I kind of imagined that she definitely shows her age from whatever work she does/did before being a supervisor but maybe not so much in her hair. Kind of like how I imagine Mercury.
>>
>>2012968
>Despite her sophistication, I imagine her behaving fairly youthful. She's aged well.

I imagine her "graying" hair to be like Helen Mirren's back when she was "graying"; you can largely see her natural color, but the gray is still pretty visible (which I personally don't view as unattractive). Her personality wouldn't factor into that, I just think it would be a nice way to show her relative age.
>>
>>2012961
>>2012982

What would Po's natural hair color be anyway?
>>
>>2012981
>>2012982
I guess this would be a good time to post what I've been imagining.

Sort of like this, with lighter, longer and more wavy hair (less poof) and very slightly more mature features like smaller eyes. Nothing too dramatic at all.

The grey hair would be an errant strand or so.
>>
>>2012988
I'd go with black. Nice, and austere for the image that's being painted for her at her age. Also commonly seen to fit with whatever she might've done in her youth that was probably more in line with coming from a blue collar family.
>>
>>2012992

I'm happy as long as it's prominent, or at the very least visible enough to where I won't need to use the zoom feature to find it. Either way it's just a little tidbit that I thought would be a cool way of showing her age through her visual design. I'm not trying to be bossy if that's the way i'm coming across since I can't draw at all.
>>
>>2012992
I would hope that Po has more of a figure.
>>
>>2012998
That's okay, I can't draw either. I think it'd be best kept subtle, which isn't to say it shouldn't be there at all.

>>2013001
That is true.
>>
>>2012992
The talk about Po smoking cigars ended up putting the idea that she looks kind of similar to Balalaika. Just without the extra coat, or scars, and different hair.
>>
I was thinking that germanium could be a director or a photographer based on it's use in wide-angle camera lenses.
>>
>>2012939
>Added Mo and Si to Carbon's profile, I think that's the big ones we have so far.

Would you be up to put the drawfriend's illustration on her profile?
>>
File: W.png (251 KB, 786x891) Image search: [Google]
W.png
251 KB, 786x891
Like this?
>>
>>2013172

Looks rad, although I saw the hair shorter and messier, let me find a reference image of what I'm talking about.
>>
>>2013172

That's pretty badass. I think it kinda suits the personality.
>>
>>2013172
You're pretty good. I can just see her looking good in a beret.
>>
File: 0RhgGW7B.png (173 KB, 409x409) Image search: [Google]
0RhgGW7B.png
173 KB, 409x409
>>2013173

So Heart Aino from Arcana heart is close that what I had in mind, with more free strands and minus the heart-shaped ahoge.
>>
File: W2.png (260 KB, 786x891) Image search: [Google]
W2.png
260 KB, 786x891
>>2013178
Replace file in previous post feature when.
>>
>>2013187

Oh yeah, that's the ticket, only thing would be the strands over the forehead to be more pointy like the others.
>>
File: W2.png (264 KB, 786x891) Image search: [Google]
W2.png
264 KB, 786x891
>>2013188
>>
>>2013189

P E R F E C T I O N

You're awesome!
>>
>>2013189
Dunno, I kinda like it better with the cut bangs.
>>
>>2013189

Updated the profile.

If you're up to gradually draw the others metals, that would be awesome.
>>
>>2013189
Damn now I want a picture of her in a tracksuit squatting next to a tank or something.
>>
>>2013157

Silicon is already involved in electronics with Si, however since Si's company also makes glass, Ge is most likely involved with that as well.
>>
>>2013106
Okay, I can seriously get behind this. Integra too.
>>
>>2013204
Maybe hints of them in her personality.
>>
>>2013212
That's fun. She is an ex-womanizer after all.

Now I'm imagining a mix of all three of them, visually. I'd like to see her in a suit, and I think TI would too. Ties are made for pulling.
>>
>>2013216
>all three of them
Who's the third one?
>>
>>2013218
Her >>2012992
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.