[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Valkyrie Drive After the Ending edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /u/ - Yuri

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 58
File: sister 03.png (387 KB, 931x520) Image search: [Google]
sister 03.png
387 KB, 931x520
Continue From>>1940865
So, everybody calm down about the end?
Discuss civilized now
just remember the game out, here gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMf_b78jbe81yTqOBU4kZj1_q5q0ykuPm

ost and cd drama
http://www.mediafire.com/download/2kaswhgejr28x60/Valkyrie+Drive+Bhikkhuni.rar
>>
File: cameo.jpg (136 KB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
cameo.jpg
136 KB, 1440x810
>>1945930
Epic cameo
>>
So, there hasn't been any other hetshit since ep 4 right?
>>
>page 5
>>
>>1945933
Tentacles in ep 12.
>>
Can someone spoonfeed me subs please

I'm sorry /u/
>>
>>1945936
http://www.nyaa.se/?page=search&term=%09[Commie]+Valkyrie+Drive+~Mermaid~
>>
>>1945938
Thanks anon. Gotta F5
>>
>>1945945
You got the answer, what more do you want?
>>
>>1945935
Is it a girl tentacles or boy tentacles?
>>
File: 1451131137635.jpg (2 MB, 4090x5935) Image search: [Google]
1451131137635.jpg
2 MB, 4090x5935
Can we all please not let some autistic name/tripfag do the threads for us?

Is Mamori something that we should happy or sad about? I have problems with her.
>>
>>1945950
Well the tentacle came from Mamori being on sword form so maybe?
>>
>>1945955
Must be a girl tentacle then. I'd love to cuddle with a nice tentacle monster girl too.
>>
>>1945951
>blah blah, saving people, blah blah, mom and dad, GREAT POWAH
Basically she, Mirei, Lady Lady and Meifon are gonna go save some other girls. Mirei in Valkyrie form is gonna kiss a bunch of girls.
>>
File: sucking.jpg (74 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
sucking.jpg
74 KB, 1280x720
In short, Mirei needs to suck the virus from the infected girls.
>>
>>1945976
wena nido
>>
>>1945976
Cuando un comentario en espaƱol aparece.
>>
Lesbian Messiah Mamori!

Go, Go, /u/ Jesus!
>>
I hate to be that guy, but this was really shitty and I have nothing but complaints. I'm gonna vent now, ignore me if you want.

No unambiguous romantic resolution for MireMamo. Of course at this point I wasn't really expecting it anymore, but still.
Momoka's character was such a waste. They could have done so much more with her than this flimsy psycho revenge seeker they went with.
Charlotte was also not used well in the end. She could have at least joined everyone in the final melee.
Kasumi and Hibiki got an instant resolution to their subplot, if you can call it that, and a shitty drive in like three seconds. Whoopdeefuckingdoo.
Akira still used her shitty robot in the end instead of driving with a human. Torino never drove with anyone ever. Pretty huge oversight for a show that's supposed to have fanservice as its number one priority.
We didn't get to see Mamori reacting to Akira being a woman after all. In fact, every single thing that happened between these two characters led to absolutely fucking nothing. The crush, the instant drive at first sight, what the hell was all of that for? Just to annoy the viewer and waste time? Great job then.
MireMamo's final form look really stupid and out of place. They're a fucking magical girl all of a sudden, in fact it really felt like they were trying to pull a Madoka with the look and the "we're gonna go save girls like us all over the world" thing. Terrible design choice, Mirei's regular look with some armor on top or something would have been much better looking and more fitting.

I'd give the show overall a very generous 6/10, just because it did give us some really hot scenes. It failed hard on every other aspect as far as I care.
>>
File: mumizord.jpg (10 KB, 168x168) Image search: [Google]
mumizord.jpg
10 KB, 168x168
>>1945976
Apurate Madoka, que la Jomu nos hace 2 x 1!
>>
>>1946003
>No unambiguous romantic resolution for MireMamo. Of course at this point I wasn't really expecting it anymore, but still.

Yeah, doing perfect drive, being together, horrible, horrible.
>>
>>1946003
You're hardly the only one with that opinion.
I am glad it exists though, because now we can have fan works with these characters. Some of which will undoubtedly be vastly superior to the actual anime.
>>
>>1946003
You're not the only sane man here.
>>
>>1946003
6/10 is my final rating too. It gets points for being an original anime and not an LN adaption and some points for some of the characters, but in the end the writing was shit and the fanservice was lacking and unsatisfactory. Too many wasted and missed opportunities. I don't want a season 2 and I can't see myself ever rewatching this.

The Lady Lady short story is literally the highlight of the entire franchise.
>>
>>1946016
You're forgetting about one other highlight: The Charlotte and her harem short story.
>>
>>1946003
>No unambiguous romantic resolution for MireMamo. Of course at this point I wasn't really expecting it anymore, but still.

So combining into a new being because their synch rate was 100% doesn't counts?

>We didn't get to see Mamori reacting to Akira being a woman after all. In fact, every single thing that happened between these two characters led to absolutely fucking nothing. The crush, the instant drive at first sight, what the hell was all of that for? Just to annoy the viewer and waste time? Great job then.

The point of that arc was Mamori coming to terms with her lesbian tendencies. She latched into boy Akira because that is what she was taught it was expected of a girl while the instant driving (aside of being an humorous moment) was there to cement her as a lesbian in denial.
>>
I give it 8/10.
>>
I liked it. Though what happened with the main couple kinda reminds me of the BRS anime. Yomi and Mato were supposed to be the main pair but Yomi got more blatant hints with the crazy wheelchair girl. I can see Mireimamooth being more blatant or romantic in an eventual season 2 but that's up to sales. Also, wish it had a longer segment with Momoka's past and more Kasumi/Hibiki but seems like they were on schedule and many good ideas got rushed.
>>
>>1946025
>blatant hints
Yomi's mother treating them as already being married, and even saying as much, is slightly past hinting.
I get what you're saying though.
At least Yomi and Mato got a lot of blatant subtext in the OVA before that.
Mirei and Mamori only got promotional material. And that catchy ED song.
>>
File: 1451173818659.png (2 MB, 1500x1200) Image search: [Google]
1451173818659.png
2 MB, 1500x1200
10/10 episode. Closure for almost everyone, some side plots (Like Mamori and Akira) not quite resolved but understandable given the circumstances they were in.

Hope for a season 2 through merch sales. All yall whiners are cray.
>>
>>1946031
Charlotte should've taken Fatty.
>>
BD and filthy Momokafag here.

I'm gonna put up the mini OVA with subs if someone has already translated it. I know some moon and translated a few comics but I'd rather someone more experienced to get the full meaning.
>>
>>1946003
>in fact it really felt like they were trying to pull a Madoka with the look
>Madoka invented dresses and wings
>>
9/10

Good echi yuri

I love Charlotte
>>
>>1946037
As it invented "dark Mahou Shoujo," the concept of a Messiah, and that the one that gives the powers to the main girls is the real "villain."

Sometimes, I feel that the average Madoka fan hasn't seen or read much of anything.
>>
Indredible, VD's ending caused more rage than Akuma no Riddle's ending.
>>
File: TheTrueMessiah.jpg (449 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
TheTrueMessiah.jpg
449 KB, 1280x1024
>>1946044
That's dumb. Everyone knows Sailor Moon invented Messianism.
>>
>>1946048
and i still have no idea how anyone could get mad at either of them. both shows were pure fun
>>
File: 1443241782262.png (776 KB, 906x1080) Image search: [Google]
1443241782262.png
776 KB, 906x1080
>>1945931
so how did it feel after the tentacle rape?
>>
>>1945935
Could have been like shadow Mamori or what ever draining their powers with kisses, but no it was a chance for tentacles so they just couldn't resist.

God damn japan needs to get their shit together.
>>
>>1946051
Indifferent
>>
http://strawpoll.me/6372314

Vote for best girl
>>
>>1946049
Of course it did. It also invented the "best female friend that somehow fights with you all the time, but loves you more than your official love interest."

Fuck, I miss the old anime.
>>
>>1946037
Madoka "invented" white and pink color scheme with long hair, white dress and pink wings. She also "invented" looking over the world from the outer space while wearing said dress and sprouting said wings and talking about CHIKARA and saving everyone.
>>
>>1946003
Torino will never drive with anyone because she's just a watcher, she's not liberator nor a exter which is why she doesn't drive. But other than that I agree with some of your points.
>>
>>1946058
No, you fucking newfag.
>>
>>1946062
Show me examples of characters with Madoka's color scheme and design prior to, well, Madoka.
>>
>>1946003
I give this show an 8/10

It's good but it left so much loose ends and potential wasted, I expected more from the guys who made all those great titty animes
>>
>>1946064
seira chibi moon
>>
>>1946066
Her hair is in pigtails and she wasn't shown to wear a long white dress with pink wings while looking over the Earth from the outer space. That last part can be omitted, her design is still only superficially similar to Madoka's (more pink than white, patches of red here and there).
Anyone else?
>>
I'm glad Mirei beat the evil out of Momoka with the power of yuri. I did feel sorry for her for being abandoned.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (24 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
24 KB, 480x360
>>1946064
Wedding Peach, among many many others.

Another ignorant newfag exposed.
>>
Was the armed virus ayy lmao's?
>>
>>1946071
Even on your screenshot she's wearing red. Red is not white.
>>
>>1946058
>being this specific

Since Mirei Final Form doesn't even have pink hair, uses a sword, and is the combination of two people, why are you even bringing up the Meduka comparison?
>>
>>1946071
Even on your screenshot she's wearing red with white barely even present. Not to mention yellow accessories. And her dress isn't long.

You realize not every girl with pink hair shares similarities with Madoka, right?
>>
>>1946078
>doesn't even have pink hair
It does.

>uses a sword, and is the combination of two people, why are you even bringing up the Meduka comparison?
I'm talking about the design.
>>
Will meow for food.
>>
>>1946079
>>1946075
>madoka didn't copy wedding peach because not every detail match
>but valkyrie drive definitely copied madoka even though not every detail match

?
>>
>>1946075
>>1946079
>this samefag hairsplitting

I know you're asspained about having your ignorant "lol pink and white was never done before" notions called out on the bullshit that they are, but I'm afraid you'll just have to get over that.
>>
Please, VD ripped off digimon, Mamori and Mirei did Jogress shinka. And they have a sword like Omegaymon, if only Mirei fused with Momoka, maybe we would have sword + cannon?

Yes, I know digimon didn't invent fusions
>>
>>1946084
>samefag
My first post didn't show until I made my second one. Sorry if it triggered you.

>>1946082
The difference between Madoka and Wedding Peach is quite big. The difference between pic related and Godoka is much smaller.
And before you say anything, this screenshot is literally the only reason people draw comparison with Madoka.
>>
so is uber-boober milf the most tragically underused character?
>>
>>1946087
>different hair style and color
>different dress
>different weapon / accessories

Yup, definitely Madoka alright. Especially that lewd as fuck crotch area.
>>
>>1946091
You can't see the lewd crotch area on the screenshot I'm talking about. Did you even read the last part?
>>
>>1946037
Look who it is
>>
>>1946090
Yes

our only hope now is to wait for the 2nd OVA to deliver something at least
>>
>Mirei and Mamori go around island to island removing what makes the girls "special"
So they basically either left it open for a S2 or destroyed their own franchise.
>>
>>1946100
There's nothing stopping them from showing what's going on on the other islands before Mirei/Mamori get there, but it seems like it would be sort of a waste of time.

The entire project is just really poorly handled in general though, I don't think anyone involved actually has a clue what they're doing. No clear audience, no clear vision, no proper merchandise exploitation.
>>
>>1946102
>a waste of time
>no clear vision
These. They just rendered whatever happens in the other islands meaningless. I don't see the point of playing Siren if the ending is "Mirei and Mamori erase the Armed virus, everyone goes home".

Also, what if a couple decides they're better off with the Armed virus and/or living on the islands?
>>
>>1946110
>These. They just rendered whatever happens in the other islands meaningless. I don't see the point of playing Siren if the ending is "Mirei and Mamori erase the Armed virus, everyone goes home".

You answered yourself

>Also, what if a couple decides they're better off with the Armed virus and/or living on the islands?

There's also the thing with the Organization to take care of.
>>
>Never saw Kasumi and Hibiki do anything
>or Torino and Mei
>or Akira and literally anyone
>didn't saw more Lady Lady
>didn't saw more Charlotte harem

Some wasted oportunities but I guess that's what 12 episodes series are. The ending felt kinda forced though, Mirei and Mamori deserved more time, also Momoka kinda dissapointed a little, she didn't even do anything but destroy a castle with her 'ultimate power'.

Hopefully there's a second season and they'll learn from their mistakes, I think is pretty clear already what does the fanbase wants so if there's a S2 then it would be hard to fuck up.

7/10
>>
>>1946110
>Mirei and Mamori will visit the other island at some vague point in the future and free everyone

Of all the things to whine about, this seems like the least relevant.

A lot can happen on the other islands. Maybe they even free themselves before ARM Jesus even get there.
>>
>>1946111
The organization that makes artificial weapons that don't need liberators and cannot be purified?
Well I guess they could organize an army of... Oh. They really didn't think that through.
>>
>>1946116
>The organization that makes artificial weapons that don't need liberators and cannot be purified?

What is your point here? The artificial arms are actually the perfect enemies for MireMamo (and possibly the sisters and Siren's protagonists)
>>
>>1946116
>cannot be purified
But they WERE purified. Momoka, Not!Mirei and Pochaco didn't even try to fight when they were arrested.
>>
>>1946119
I think they meant Artificial Extars as in the completely artificial type like Sri and Catbot. I think the group producing those has two projects going on, one to create completely artificial Extars like Sri and Catbot and another to create Enhanced Soldiers like Momoka.

From the flashback Mirei has, it seems the final phase of their project is to merge those two into a final product where they're able to create Artificial Extars that are every bit as powerful as their Enhanced Soldiers. My guess is that their technology for Artificial Extars are still lacking something so they're developing Enhanced Soldiers to make up for it, but the goal is to phase out Enhanced Soldiers once technology advances enough.
>>
5/10

Mediocre, would've been better to just save the gifs/webms and ignore everything else, also, i don't think i ever hated a yuri pairing before, but seriously, fuck MamoMirei, fuck that ending
>>
>>1946128
>5/10
>Mediocre, would've been better to just save the gifs/webms and ignore everything else, also, i don't think i ever hated a yuri pairing before, but seriously, fuck MamoMirei, fuck that endin
I completely disagree with you. I liked the ending, and I liked the main pairing.

I'd like to see another season. It doesn't have to revolve around the same characters, but I think it would be cool if they made a cameo at the ending of season 2.

I also hope the game gets an english sub version, and a release in US, Canada, and/or Europe but given the ecchi nature of scenes and the drive requirements companies are probably hesitant to jump on board (if only someone on /u/ had a game company that was willing to do that).

Anyway, I'm up for more Valkyrie yuri, who else?
>>
>>1946099
>wait for the 2nd OVA to deliver something
What about a first OVA? Has one been announced, and I missed it?
>>
>>1946110
>They just rendered whatever happens in the other islands meaningless
Not necessarily. The other islands still have their shielding up. The orginization lowered the one on Mermaid to fire. They aren't likely to do it at the other locations, so either the other locations would have to find a way to lower them, or the speed boat group will have to find a way to take them down from the outside. There is also the possibility of other unknown things happening on the other islands that could twist things in unforeseeable (to us) ways.
>>
>>1946095
>>1946091
It also gives me a kind of She-ra vibe. (Not that I've seen that show in a long time, and can recall anything with any sound recollection of what it really was or looked like).
>>
>>1946136
I'm pretty sure Meguca MireMamo can destroy the barriers.
>>
>>1946144
>I'm pretty sure Meguca MireMamo can destroy the barriers.
What makes you think that? They haven't displayed any indication of having a way to take it down. Their power is virus related. I doubt the shields are powered by virus.
>>
File: 146132_1387503788227_full.png (1 MB, 1578x900) Image search: [Google]
146132_1387503788227_full.png
1 MB, 1578x900
THANK YOU FOR ANOTHER SHIT ENDING, HOMOSEXUALLY BASED MADOKA!
>>
File: 1450341990011.jpg (45 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1450341990011.jpg
45 KB, 640x360
>>1946133
The first OVA was about MireiMamo

It was released on nyaa a few days ago
>>
>>1946136
Bhikkuni ends with them shutting down their shield.
>>
>>1946110
Even in their Valkyrie Form, Mirei and Mamori would have lost to Momoka and her crew's giant robot form if it wasn't for Nimi. Momoka was actually even stronger when she was wielding Mamori.

All it really takes is have an Exter with a infection rating comparable to Mamori's that doesn't want the virus to disappear to become a credible source of conflict.
>>
>>1946151
Can i have link pleaseeee
>>
>>1946132
I don't know if I want more of this franchise after the fuck up that was Mermaid, Bikkhuni and Siren. They obviously have no idea of what they're doing, and seeing a concept like that crash and burn like it did is kind of painful. The worse in all of this is that the fans have better ideas than everything the staff could have done or did. Wasted potential everywhere.
>>
>>1946168
IMO just write off Valkyrie Drive and consider it a stepping stone to the next slightly gayer anime.
>>
You know, watching the finale for the second time actually made me appreciate it more. In first watch I gave it solid 6/10. Cool fight, fun episode, shit ending. In my second watch I caught some part that I missed before. Like they trying to justify Tokonome tentacling everyone. Mirei calling Akira, Hiiragi. Fusion A3-D5-E9 robot thing getting nice drawing from robot animators. I had even more fun watching it compared to first viewing. The ending is now 6.5/10.

VDM overall is solid 7/10 show. Flawed to hell and back but actually fun and entertaining enough not to be completely forgettable. I don't regret watching it but probably won't rewatch it more than 2 more times.
>>
>>1946170
The chara designs were wonderful. How can you come with this kind of concept, and do nothing of it? Fuck Kaneko, fuck Takaki, fuck Kuroda and Yamamoto and fuck the producers.
>>
>>1946071
At first I thought I was looking at Milfeulle.
>>
>series ends with tentacle rape that's obviously meant to simulate a het gangbang

I'm glad I dropped this shit back when episode 3 happened.
>>
>>1946132
Just safely ignore the whiners.

The whole yuri fandom is overtaken by spoilt brats and SJWs, who doesn't know shit about yuri or anime for that matter. There were lots of trolls, who purposely twisted things for the last episode, and pretended there was something negating the main couple or yuri. Facts are, nothing of that sort happened. There was your typical nice amount of Mirei x Mamori goodness. The ending was a standard one that is on par with the usual endings for most normal anime. An euphemism for the common Japanese themes of "doing my best", "working hard" and "saving others". And all the yuri couples ended together. Watch for yourself and see.

It's fine to be upset at not getting a special ending befitting your tastes. But don't start telling lies because you are upset. And try to be self-aware that even hetero shows don't always get the ideal endings, and REMEMBER that Yuri is NICHE genre. You are lucky to be getting a show that is Yuri-centric, yet still want to make ridiculous and irrelevant complains. Also, remember the culture you are in. You want long drawn love confessions and things confirming lesbian identity, then you need to haul ass over to English lesbian entertainment. Yuri anime doesn't always work that way.

Overall, I'm satisfied. I was worried, they'd do a major bait and switch, and have the ending be a hetfag's paradise, but not one bit of that sort happened at all. I give my "yuri approved" stamp of 8/10.
>>
Anyone saw nips disliking the ending?

I saw some positive reaction but haven't found negative reaction. Overall the nips seems to take this finale better than Symphogear GX's finale.
>>
>>1946193
They were tentacles in a girls mind.
Sometimes I really wonder where you people draw the line between het and yuri.

Is a strap-on het? If one of the girls is wearing a tuxedo is it het? I don't get it.

>>1946196
>Overall, I'm satisfied. I was worried, they'd do a major bait and switch, and have the ending be a hetfag's paradise, but not one bit of that sort happened at all.

This. I had the feeling pretty much every show I was invested in last (this) year turned out to be a big bait-and-switch, so I'm really happy VD ended completely yuri. Even if some relationships were left unclear, nobody ran off with a guy.
>>
File: 1451210419061.jpg (103 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1451210419061.jpg
103 KB, 1280x720
These two actually betrayed an organization powerful enough to quarantine countless girls on five artificial islands and install a laser satellite death cannon for a chance to get into Momoka's pants. Anyone else feel like their story deserves some expansion and why they lust after Momoka so much? Did any of the writers even bother thinking of a backstory for this extreme loyalty?
>>
>>1946205
The writers didn't think about anything. They even forgot the boobs in the end.
>>
>>1946196
>I was worried, they'd do a major bait and switch, and have the ending be a hetfag's paradise

Are you sure you're not one of those people you were complaining about?

The thought of a 180 never crossed my mind. It's absurd to think they'd introduce those elements after eleven episodes.
>>
>>1946205
Well they already showed how based Momoka is, who wouldn't fall for her?

What we need is Ange and Charlotte's backstory.
>>
>>1946053
keep it in bitch nigga.
>>
File: 1450313077227.png (235 KB, 506x658) Image search: [Google]
1450313077227.png
235 KB, 506x658
>>1946003
>>
File: 54271141_p1.jpg (431 KB, 1075x1518) Image search: [Google]
54271141_p1.jpg
431 KB, 1075x1518
>>
>Anime was a mistake - H. Miyazaki
2/10, one of the worst anime I have ever watched
>>
I get the impression that the same people defending this final episode are the same people who defending cross ange of Tusk end happened. Shameful.
>>
>>1946003
I'm in complete agreement with you there, it makes me so sad that whenever we finally get something more than the "will never amount to anything because it's just teasing to increase sales subtext" the show just sucks for one reason or other, first YKA now this in quick succession considering the frequency of the genre.

>But it's yuri so it's automatically a flawless masterpiece!
I understand the desperate need for some maintext yuri, but this mentality is the fucking worst. I enjoyed bits and pieces of it, but it's still garbage. 5/10 because Meifong was awesome.
>>
>>1946230
Tusk ending was pretty much obvious, though.
Yes, the promo material was misleading, but as soon as the OP aired, most illusions (and also hope and dreams) suffered some heavy damage.

Here, it's a show that shoves yuri in your face for 11 episodes and then fails to make the relationship between MCs official in the end. That's kinda dumb.
>inb4 learn to see subtle hints, autist
Yeah, nah. If side characters could openly declare their love, I don't see why Mirei and Mamori couldn't.
>>
>>1946233
Who gives a shit about the MC couple? It is a boring pairing anyway.
>>
>>1946231
>But I say it's garbage so everybody has to agree with me!
This mentality is the fucking worst.
>>
>>1946236
It's the only one that got fanservice.

I mean, I would've been perfectly fine with MireMomo or a threesome end, but I wasn't delusional enough to expect it to happen.
Apparently, though, I was delusional enough to expect a somewhat decent ending for a 6/10 show. Never again.
>>
>>1946233
CA wished they could get their action for the finale as good as VDM.
>>
>>1946241
At least CA didn't make me pause to laugh because I just couldn't handle the final form.
>>
>>1946242
Why do you say that like it's a bad thing?

I laugh so much I cried like a bitch after watching the finale.
>>
>>1946245
>Why do you say that like it's a bad thing?
Because the final fight seemed like a joke due to Mirei looking like an overgrown Amazon magical idol. Also, no OBADURAIBU playing in the background. It's like they wanted to get everything wrong.
>>
>>1946246
No Overdrive is the biggest fucks up, but making the final battle looks like joke while showing flashy animation is a good thing. They even got real robot animators to animate Momoka Gundam.
>>
>>1946247
>but making the final battle looks like joke while showing flashy animation is a good thing
Different strokes for different folks, I guess. After Mirei and Momoka's backstory I expected a flashy fight with lots of explosions, people yelling on top of their lungs and edgy spiky armor designs. Not... well, an overgrown Amazon magical idol fighting a fat titan while riding a lesbian phoenix.
>>
>>1946095
oh shit! We need Homura to kill this son of a bitch
>>
>>1946248
MireMamo PreCure form is so bad it's good. And I hope you're not dissing Lady Lady firebird form there. It's the coolest part of the whole fight.

The whole fight is still very 'shonen' no matter how ridiculous Cure Virgin design.
>>
File: 1451030118995.jpg (241 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
1451030118995.jpg
241 KB, 768x1024
>>1946250
>MireMamo PreCure form is so bad it's good.
It gave me a whiplash from a sudden shift in tone. In any other situation I would've enjoyed the ridiculousness of the design, but this time it felt too out of place for me to treat it as anything more than a fever dream.

>And I hope you're not dissing Lady Lady firebird form there. It's the coolest part of the whole fight.
Who in their right mind would diss a lesbian phoenix? Lady Lady have the best fusion form.
>you will never fuse with your loved one into a giant flaming bird and soar into the sky
>>
>>1946252
>tfw lady lady literally never have to spend any money on road or air travel
>>
>>1946252
Surreal is a nice word to describe the them.
>>
File: 1451141349478.jpg (108 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1451141349478.jpg
108 KB, 1920x1080
>no non drive purpose kiss
Why?
>>
I think they took the term "Valkyrie" too literal when making the desing for the Mirei x Mamori fusion.
>>
>>1946262
I expect no less from the staff that come up with 'Giant Girl, Little Heart' as the title for a coward giantess focus episode.
>>
Lack of ambition, creativity, inspiration. The usual.
>>
>>1946266
Meant for >>1946260
>>
>>1946260
Because MCs never get to be real lesbians.
>>
>>1946280
Can't shatter the waifufag's dreams, right?

That's why >>1946266 They also didn't have a clear vision for who their audience would be and what the tone of the show should be. That's why it was all over the place from one episode to the next.
>>
>>1946050
Even though I'm a huge AnR fag, I understand why many people disliked the ending, although it was not as bad as they make it to be. It was not very satisfactory, but not the worst ending ever.
>>
>>1946287
A case of the the producers not knowing or understanding the audience. As is brought up constantly, this entire project is a mess.
>>
>>1946287
They didn't know who to appeal to. Waifufags? Yurifags? Lesbians? Actually it seems women were the most receptives, but since the producers didn't have a clear target in mind, and probably never thought women could be interested by this project, the result was this mess.
>>
>>1946287
The most prolific fanartists of the show are women and their twitters have only praise for the ending so any outrage over it is mostly a /u/ and /a/ thing
>>
>>1946287
If you'd read the PhD thesis on the yuri Japanese fandom that was posted here a while ago, you'd realize that no one in Japan knows who the target audience for yuri really is. Even the fandom itself isn't sure what the 'average yuri fan' is like.
>>
If they release a boxset I'm still getting it. Mamori a shit and they fulfilled my only wish to not have anyone die
>>
>>1946287
The franchise is obviously targeted at straight males. Lesbians are welcome as well, but only the Japanese ones who know how to enjoy things, not western womanchildren who think everything is a personal attack.
>>
File: 1336572454419.jpg (43 KB, 260x260) Image search: [Google]
1336572454419.jpg
43 KB, 260x260
>>1946302
Projecting much?
>>
Am I the only one who doesn't equate tentacles with dicks? I mean sometimes tentacles are really dick-like, but not all of them are. If you think about the way they move and function (and they're the type NOT to ejaculate), they're really much more like large tongues than dicks. Or am I just crazy?
>>
>>1946310
I like your kind of crazy, but prepare to be mobbed.
>>
>>1946310
You're crazy.
>>
>>1946310
Depends, those tentacles didn't really function like dicks, so i didn't mind it
>>
>>1946324
Except that there weren't any hetero or dicks in VD. The 2 Tentacle & torture scenes were not the best moments, but they were never the point of the show. Whole show is quite yuri. So, all the anti-yuri trolling and negativity from the fanbase is annoying.
>>
File: ikamusume12.jpg (114 KB, 623x311) Image search: [Google]
ikamusume12.jpg
114 KB, 623x311
>>1946310
I like to judge tentacles on a case-by-case basis. Your typical penis-shaped ones that squirt white fluid are most certainly out, while those that are controlled by girls that don't really have such a function, like Ika Musume's hair tentacles or Poison Ivy's vines, can generally be considered fine, if not neccessarily for everyone's taste. It's kinda on the same level as catgirls using their tails.
These are more dildo-esque tentacles that are more about sucking stuff out than pumping stuff in so meh.
>>
>>1946334
Good luck trying to stop them - it's tradition.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kanamara_Matsuri
>>
>>1946327
>they were never the point of the show.
So why are they there at all?

>all the anti-yuri trolling
How is hating on the non-yuri parts anti-yuri?
>>
>>1946336
>It didn't add anything to the plot.
Actually they were there to set up Mirei's iron will so she could break the tentacle illusion with ease.
>>
>>1946337
fucking disgusting.
>>
>>1946340
Because there was literally nothing else in the show to demonstrate that Mirei is incredibly strong willed.
>>
>>1946151
there's an OVA?
>>
>>1946348
Well Lady Lady, Kasumi and Akira are also some of the strongest willed characters on the show and they were helpless inside Mamori's arm
>>
>>1946352
Because they're not the MC.
>>
>>1946340
Nah, that was the golem shit. This one is to demonstrate Mamori sucking the virus out ouf them.
>>
>>1946352
But Mirei is the protagonist, even without any foreshadows she would be able to pull powers outta her ass to get out of there.
>>
>>1946356
>pull powers outta her ass

That is the thing, the staff bothered to have a proper set up for everything they used on the final battle. Is not necessary but is a nice gesture.
>>
>>1946359
>faceless gang rape
>a nice gesture
Try again. There are plenty of other ways to do it. That was still entirely unnecessary.
>>
>>1946359
I kinda get your point, I just think they could have used something else to demonstrate that Mirei has strong will. Miranda could have made her allucinate about something less disgusting. Even gore would be better.
>>
>>1946365
It does fit with what we know of Mirei's backstory. She was an orphan shunned by everyone else due her affecltion with the virus, is not a stretch she had plenty of awful experiences on the streets before being drafted by the organization and that those experiences scarred her deeply
>>
>>1946365
They went with what they thought would get them the most visceral reaction, and judging by people like you, still complaining about that scene almost two months later, they succeeded.
>>
>>1946366
You're really bending over backwards to try to justify pointless shit.
>>
>>1946369
I don't think that's a very smart strategy when you're trying to get those people to give you money.
>>
>>1946369
You actually think they chose something to shock people rather than something to arouse male viewers?
>>
>>1946373
Never said it was a smart move. I can see them believing that it was a smart move, though.
>>
>>1946165
Some posts above oneesama said it's on nyaa, please learn to search by yourself.
>>
>>1946291
Nah, the female artists tend to have the ending. Have you even looked?
>>
>>1946336
>sandniggers were completely unecessary
And were on-screen like 30 seconds.
>>
So.. the YKA of the season all over again.

Please just give us Sakura Trick season 2 next year.
>>
>>1946310
I could agree with you but the tentacles on VD pushed "water" or something into the girls mouth. They even briefly showed a bulge on Mirei's cheek when it entered her mouth, that made it a total dick for me.
>>
>>1946389
>I could agree with you but the tentacles on VD pushed "water" or something into the girls mouth

I don't want to defend that shitty scene, but you seem to have missed that the entire point was that the tentacles were sucking the virus OUT of them. The little white things were the virus being vacuumed out, not something going in.
>>
>>1946389
As long as it isn't semen (which is clearly male-specific organic substance), it should be okay, in my opinion.
>>
>>1946389

Wrong. they suck out power off girls'mouth
>>
>>1946389
They just looked like vacuum dildos to me. Those weren't even tentacles.
>>
>>1946396
That's a pretty dumb way of looking at things. By that logic a humanoid robot fucking a girl with a robotic crotch tube that spurts out a milky fluid is fine because it's technically not a man, technically not a dick and technically not semen.
>>
>>1946334
But actually the nips are not that bad about it. Ever since, past the 90's, I think, there was a steadily growing amount of girl cast* shows in anime, as well as yuri/yuri-lite stuff put into mixed shows as well. And now, at present time, we get shows like that almost every season. Just not as many as the hetero/male lead ones, of course.

The rest of the planet doesn't seem any different in this regard. Most stuff are a bit dude-ish centric in general. And even the great west has yet to have a girl cast* cartoon or something similar.

Girl cast* - Where a female is the protagonist, and most of the main and even secondary cast characters are girls. And this show's (i.e not shoujo shows) purpose is usually to focus on the plot, and/or the character relationships between the girls. Male characters are typically side or fringe, but they can add to the plot flavor, or character flow of the show. So usually, at minimum, there is less het to no het. At maximum, has quite a bit of yuri.
>>
>>1946400
Everyone I see defending it seem to use bizarre moon logic.
They're either in denial about how poorly VDM turned out overall, or they're just trolling.

I'm just looking forward to the fan stuff being everything that Valkyrie Drive itself failed to be.
>>
>>1946410
Hopefully someone will scan a couple of those cute looking doujins.
>>
>>1946374
It didn't arouse me.
>>
>>1946208
I admire that you didn't have the misfortune to encounter those bait and switch shows. But I did, and that was enough to know nothing was safe till the end of a season.
>>
>>1946199
>>1946419
What type of shows were you invested in?

>>1946231
Can you give examples of what series you think "will never amount to anything"?

>>1946280
False.
>>
>>1946415
Just because it failed doesn't mean that wasn't the intention.
>>
>>1946400
That just makes it a sex toy.
Pretty disgusting, I must say, but it's still not a man.
>>
>>1946420
I was mostly referring to CGDCT stuff like KinMoza or GochiUsa. There is also mahou shoujo (Madoka, Symphogear, YuYuYu), idol shows (Idolmaster, LL) and other kind of series (Saki, Strike Witches). I'm sure there's plenty more, but you should get the gist of it.
>>
>>1946428
So this is your example of series that will never mount to anything?
>>
>>1946228
>Khajiit has wares if you have coin.jpg
>>
>>1946429
Or types of show that you were invested in?
>>
>>1946428
Which one are you "the never amount to anything guy" or "false investment guy" because I will fight you both of those cases. Well, I don't know about YuYuYu since I've nver seen that one. But the other shows are all modern masterpieces.
>>
>>1946428
Kinmoza and Yuyuyu can amount to something and most likely will, they aren't like the other shows you listed. And I still wouldn't rule out symphogear or gochiusa, but I'm not that sure about these ones.
>>
>>1946429
>>1946434
That anon is the "Never amount to anything guy". "Investment anon" is a different one.
>>
>>1946242
At least VD made me laugh. All CA could do was make me vomit.
>>
>>1946423
>Not at all. They were there to titillate people who get off to the idea of

Hey, pretty much everything in the damn show was meant to titillate people genius.
>>
>>1946388
>Sakura Trick

Fuck that garbage.
>>
>>1946000
>Lesbian messiah
>Goes around islands curing girls of the groping sickness

No, she's the opposite. She's going to stop girls from being molested by other girls. She's like Hitler except for lesbian molestation instead of Jews.
>>
>>1946468
On the other hand that will allow them to finally fuck each other silly without one of the turning into a weapon
>>
>>1946230
I get the impression that people are overreacted for a small thing for a small reason
>>
>>1946389
>but the tentacles on VD pushed "water" or something into the girls mouth
Actually, it looked more like air bubbles. You know, to let girls breathe while having a tentacle in their mouth. It's further supported by the fact they came out of Mirei's mouth during her obligatory rape scene, as opposed to going into it.
>>
>>1946423
>male pleasure

Can you learn to enjoy a show without thinking about guys all the time?
>>
>>1946510
No. This is /u/
>>
>warned
Janny, why do you hate fun?
>>
Huh, I don't remember Kasumi and Hibiki kissing. Did they cut the scene from the video I saw or didn't I pay attention?
>>
Is this lewd OVAs or is the show over already? Have only watched the "fanservice" scenes, which are lukewarm at best. And this sucks, because there are some very, very hot girls here.
>>
>>1946528
You didn't pay attention. Admittedly, it was very brief and underwhelming.
>>
>>1946528
I just noticed that video only has 16 minutes, maybe it got corrupted when I downloaded it.
>>
>>1946036
Forgot where I got it from, but here's a translation.

Mirei: Mamori-san do you know than an extar need to enter a trance like situation to turn into arm? [I summarised it instead of translating it words by words it]
Mamori: Yes, I was informed of that before
Mirei: Then do you know that depends on the level of satisfaction there could be difference in the Arm's power?
Mamori: N-No..
Mirei: Then to increase the power of the arm please taught me how to please you better! Tell me the things you want me to do and where and how do you want it. Please teach me the things that will make you feel good.
Mamori: But why?
Mirei: I think that it's something that is absolutely crucial if we want to survive on this island.
Mamori: Mirei-san, you're really okay with this?
Mirei: I have prepared myself
Mamori: Well then licks ear
Mirei: moan Do you like your ears to licked
Mamori: I think my body likes it
Mirei: Somehow I understand why
Mamori: Can you please raise your arm?
Mirei: My arms?
Mamori: I knew it. We haven't got the chance to do some girl-maintenance since we got here after all. Mirei-san uhm.. your..
Mirei: N-No! [too cute]
Mamori: Don't worry, I think that embarrassment can lead to arousal
Mirei: Now that you mention it.. I think you're right
Mamori: M-Mirei-san y-your tips are getting bigger
Mirei: That sort of thing...n-no!
Mamori: Please check it.
Mirei: W-what?
Mamori: Please try to lick it [PERO PERO]
Mirei: E-
Mamori: Please lick it [PERO PERO]
Mirei: It's embarrassing...
Mamori: PERO PERO
Mirei: N-No..
Mamori: Then you don't have to lick it, I will tell you about other stuff that will make me feel good
Mirei: T-that place is...!
Mamori: Does it feels good?
Mirei: Y-Yes! It feels good!

Mamori: So the situation that will excite me sexually would be something like that
Mirei: That's too maniac. Don't tell me you were just playing around with my body
Mamori: N-No! T-That'd be absurd!
>>
I liked it. It'd have been better if we had had Momoka earlier on and some more MireMomo wouldn't hurt.
>>
>>1946535
Having some issues with the summarized part.
>>
seasons 2, 3 and the movie when?
>>
>>1946546
Just copy paste Kasumi's explanation from ep 2. It's basically the same.
>>
>>1946546
Can't help you there unfortunately, wasn't the one who translated it.
>>
>>1946393
>>1946397
You're both right, I missed the point.
That's what I get for watching the episode without subs.
>>
File: 1451250762879.png (615 KB, 900x1756) Image search: [Google]
1451250762879.png
615 KB, 900x1756
From /a/
>>
>>1946554
>>1946558
Solved it myself. Uploaded it.
>>
File: valkyrie-drive-mermaid-cap-5.jpg (168 KB, 1023x580) Image search: [Google]
valkyrie-drive-mermaid-cap-5.jpg
168 KB, 1023x580
I'm glad it ended like this. I thought the ending would be much sadder (cOMET LUCIFER) and resolve a lot less, so this is pretty good, great ending. Yuri Mode Full Power! mirei mamori and the other couples

Well I enjoyed this show for what it was. When I started watching it, I expected yuri, ecchi and girls fighting each other with oversized weapons and that's exactly what I got and I actually liked the protagonists, which I didn't expect.

I liked the cameo for the girls from the game. I love Valkyrie drive my favorite Echhi Yuri
>>
It was okay for what it was. Group it in with mindless ecchi anime like Queen's Blade and Seikon no Qwaser.

Never expected to to be anything revolutionary but disappointed by how disjointed and aimless the plot was.
>>
File: shot0003.jpg (198 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
shot0003.jpg
198 KB, 1280x720
Are Ange and Charlotte holding hands?
>>
>>1946634

Then so is everyone else
>>
>>1946489
Says the autistic jackass who flips out whenever some guy gets in the way of his yuri pairings (i.e. Producer, Kinji, main guys from CC, that little guy from Komori-san).
>>
Spellchecked, v2.

http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=770015
>>
>>1946634
Not sure but if Charlotte ever wants children Ange would be her first choice for iPS.
>>
>>1946649
Worse, his hopeless yuri pairings.
>>
>>1946632
Nah, it's superior to those due to the yuri.
>>
>>1946653
Why would Charlotte want kids?

So she can organize a battle royale to find out who is the other mother of her daughter?
>>
>>1946634
Yes
>>
>>1946669
>Why would Charlotte want kids?
New toys.
>>
File: CXPsSjHUwAAWtm4.jpg (79 KB, 576x1024) Image search: [Google]
CXPsSjHUwAAWtm4.jpg
79 KB, 576x1024
https://twitter.com/negiosyo/status/681344857135136770

Welp, this month's Nyantype has an Akira focused story.
>>
>>1946230
This. Same ret/a/rds.
>>
>>1946861
Neesan pls.
>>
>>1946859
will it be translated?
>>
>>1946871
I'm scanning it at least
>>
>>1946669
She needs helpers to bring sex to all the good girls on and NTR to all the bad girls on Lesmas Day.

Every day is Lesmas Day.
>>
>>1946879
Of course, Charlotte would have to train them personally first.
>>
I'm so salty right now that if your threw me into the sea, all the fish in it would die and iron would float.
>>
>>1946420
>What type of shows were you invested in?

>>1946199 here
I was mainly thinking about Cross Ange and Hibike when I made that statement.
I know what I can expect when watching Yuru Yuri or GochiUsa or KinMosa, but with CA and Hibike this wasn't the case. Maybe it was my own fault for not giving enough credit to the opening or the novelfags, but the way these series started and how they ended was just a punch into my stomach. Especially CA made me feel sick.
>>
Ending was meh.
More pissed off that here of all places people consider tentacles yuri.
>>
File: CXPbTS3VAAABcVt.jpg orig.jpg (335 KB, 1152x2048) Image search: [Google]
CXPbTS3VAAABcVt.jpg orig.jpg
335 KB, 1152x2048
Nice brides.
>>
>>1947031
Threesome end confirmed.

I'd really love to see someone draw Mirei in a tux or an outfit like Nukui had in episode 2 though.
>>
>>1947014
I don't like tentacles either, but I think that talking about whether people 'consider it yuri' or not is missing the point.

When you see something like that in a yuri show, are you actually thinking "Okay, I like yuri. I don't like it when things that aren't yuri show up in my yuri shows. Tentacles aren't yuri. So I don't like tentacles."?

I bet it's more along the lines of "Eww, tentacle porn. I don't like it, why did they have to put it in."
>>
>>1947042
I don't even entirely dislike tentacles. I enjoy consentacles. It just obviously doesn't belong in this show and it's annoying when they waste time on that that could have been spent on fanservice for the couples in the show or on making the story less dumb.
>>
File: miremomo doujin.jpg (281 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
miremomo doujin.jpg
281 KB, 1080x1920
>>1947036
>Threesome end confirmed.
I wish. I like how this artist draws Momoka. And I think I'm gonna get this.
>>
>>1947014
Pretty sure those are just trolls who found an easy way to stir shit up.
>>
I haven't watched any of this show yet, but skimming through this thread, I'm getting the impression that it was some queens blade tier fanservicey garbage that shouldn't be watched by anyone.
>>
>>1947087
It just wasn't something I'd given much thought until this thread. I've come to the personal conclusion that some yuri has tentacles in it, but not all tentacles are yuri.
>>
>>1947088
Queen's Blade was yuri though. I've caught all direct seasons, from season 1-4. Valkyrie Drive is actually more yuri than Queen's Blade, due to tighter focus on the characters, which has the female leads as the star yuri couple (but some of the side characters actually winded up being better).

But if you can't stomach ecchi, then I suppose Valkyrie Drive would be a hard-sell.
>>
>>1947088
>>1947014

What is it about VD that draws all these low tier trolls here?
>>
>>1946982
I had zero hopes for Ange ending up in a yuri relationship when Tusk showed up in the opening, at least we got Rosalie x Chris. I don't blame you though.
>>
>>1946982
Your only fault is that despite knowing how you'll react when something like that goes down you still decide to go into series blind. Spoilers can be your friends, and you don't need to watch everything (or anything, for that matter) as soon as it's released - it'll still be there 6 months later.
>>
>>1947098
What is it about /u/ and its posters considering everyone who has an opinion that differs from theirs to be a troll?
>>
>>1947126
Persecution complex.
>>
>>1947126

I think "I don't like this shit" is an opinion that some people can get behind. But "shouldn't be watched by anyone" is pretty firmly in the troll territory.
>>
File: CXT-wuiUwAAozYx.jpg orig.jpg (118 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
CXT-wuiUwAAozYx.jpg orig.jpg
118 KB, 600x800
>(MireMamo)
>Mirei-san is really cute!
>Mirei: Cute...?
>(Kawaii according to Mirei = Mamori, guruneko, Momoka)
>Mirei: Ma... Mamo... Mamori-san's... cu... cut...
>Mamori: Mirei-san?!
>>
File: CXUxtkFUsAAkt43.png orig.png (138 KB, 572x800) Image search: [Google]
CXUxtkFUsAAkt43.png orig.png
138 KB, 572x800
>I want to meet Mirei-chan...
>And properly apologize to Mamo-chan.
>>
File: CXUgsuSUwAA1Wqn.png orig.png (278 KB, 622x613) Image search: [Google]
CXUgsuSUwAA1Wqn.png orig.png
278 KB, 622x613
>>
>>1947227
Damm, this is the closest Momoka x Mamori fan-work I will ever get.
>>
>>1947244
How so? There are definitely some other Mamori + Momoka pics.
>>
File: 1451319123215.jpg (151 KB, 880x964) Image search: [Google]
1451319123215.jpg
151 KB, 880x964
>>
File: CXU5FDOUMAAxLfm.png orig.png (334 KB, 510x619) Image search: [Google]
CXU5FDOUMAAxLfm.png orig.png
334 KB, 510x619
>>1947249
How about this?
>>
>>1947258
Nice!

>>1947249
Where? My google-fu is lousy. What are the pixiv tags used for them (if any)?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 58

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.