[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
metall/u/rgy idea thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /u/ - Yuri

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30
File: snpb.png (294 KB, 1012x809) Image search: [Google]
snpb.png
294 KB, 1012x809
Continued from >>1895900

>What is it?
/u/ put their goggles on tight enough that they started shipping personifications of chemical elements, metals in particular. We started from the nuclear family heh heh of a Gold/Silver couple and their (adopted?) daughter Copper, and have been slowly expanding out since through a mixture of small amounts of science and a large amounts of of "this would be cute".

>Details?
http://archiveofourown.org/series/354770 is weatherflonium's stories and bios, which are basically the "canon" as it exists right now. Bios are posted based on anon's requests.

I'll scrape over the old thread and put together all of anon's ideas from there that haven't been floniumed up yet.

>Images?
There was a drawfag in the old thread who helped start the whole thing; pic related is Lead/Tin, I'll dump the rest of the images after the OP.

More contributors are always welcome, be it art, writing, or just ideas!
>>
File: agau.png (586 KB, 1042x954) Image search: [Google]
agau.png
586 KB, 1042x954
The designs for Gold and Silver that kickstarted all this.
>>
File: cu.png (214 KB, 668x854) Image search: [Google]
cu.png
214 KB, 668x854
Copper.
>>
File: agau kiss.png (259 KB, 822x740) Image search: [Google]
agau kiss.png
259 KB, 822x740
Gold/Silver kiss from one of the fics.
>>
File: pb.png (315 KB, 672x802) Image search: [Google]
pb.png
315 KB, 672x802
Lead.
>>
File: sn.png (161 KB, 575x796) Image search: [Google]
sn.png
161 KB, 575x796
Tin in her fancy clothes.
>>
File: chart.jpg (470 KB, 4631x1598) Image search: [Google]
chart.jpg
470 KB, 4631x1598
Finally, updated relationship chart afaik from end of last thread. Pastebin coming eventually.

also the relative ages of various personifications (not based on anything factual as far as I can tell?)
>TBA: Nichrome
>15: Electrum, Pewter, Iridosmine
>17: Steel, Terne
>20: Cu, Pt
>22: Ti
>24: Ni
>26: Pd, At
>27: Be, Sc
>28: Al
>29: Ta
>hereish?: Cr
>31: W
>33: Fe, Zn
>35: C, Si
>38: Sn
>39: Au
>40: Ag, Pb
>hereish?: Ir, Os
>47: Hg
>>
Still wish we had some art of Platinum and Copper together.
>>
>>1926031
Are those smudges on her face her blushing? Does she poison anyone she touches?
>>
Excellent. I've always enjoyed kinda scientific yuri, maybe for the novelty.
>>
>>1926153
Lead is always a bit grimy, because lead tarnishes super easily in air. By which I mean that the natural colour of lead is a reflective silver, it only appears black because it's been exposed to the atmosphere.

also have an Electrum profile, Aluminium will be next maybe tonight: http://archiveofourown.org/works/5253113/chapters/12303923
>>
>>1926045

Wow, Carbon really sleeps around does she ?
>>
>>1926425
Neat. Who's after Al?

>>1926431
Basically, Carbon and Iron were teenage sweethearts, but after Iron accidnetally ended up giving birth to Steel she freaked out and left, leaving Carbon to raise Steel. Carbon's naturally horny but Iron left her with some pretty clear intimacy issues, so she has a lot of sex friends and/or one-night stands but no clear relationship.

(Carbon's various harem are all sometimes used in steels, so they make up Steel's large cabal of secondary moms.)
>>
>>1926045
>Top Gun
That's some super homoerotic shit right there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLUbodrA0NE
>>
>>1926045
Are Astatine and Palladium a couple? I got that they were friends, but I didn't get a couple vibe from them.
>>
>>1926631
People were talking about it in the last thread as such, so I put them in as one.

Looking again they're not explicitly listed in the bios as a couple, but that change in the chart was before the Palladium one went up.
>>
>>1926631
Going by what >>1917602 said in the last thread, our main pairing options for At are Na, Pd, and Tl, since Ag and Pb are taken.

Na and Tl haven't even been talked about.
>>
>>1926650
Na could be interesting since she suffers in a similar manner to Astatine, when introduced to water. Though she could also be viewed as a more "successful" Astatine in that she's able to be social without blowing up but may still be an introvert at heart and there's times where she gets away from the public eye.
There could be something about how being in public too much is equivalent to drowning in Sodium's pov and leads to her blowing up.
Could lead to a cute little scenario where Na and At are out and Na's the one who blows up and At's the only one who can calm her down.

Palladium and Astatine just seems more like Palladium's relationship with Platinum only Pt's more aware socially, yet less social and more prone to panic attacks.
>>
>>1926045
PbSn are probably aunts to Electrum as well even if Electrum probably treats Tin similar to how she treats her mommy Gold.

Also does anyone have an idea for how old Mn could be? Reading over the wiki on it sounds like she's around Iron and Zinc's age.
It also paints a possible picture that MaganesexCarbon might've been an office romance though when that takes place is up in the air. It was probably short lived as well
>>
>>1926659
It's not just reactivity for At; really, any reactivity astatine has is hypothetical. The main reason she's a spaghetti monster is that astatine is mind-fuckingly radioactive.

I like PdAt because I enjoy contrast pairings, and because the thought of Astatine gathering her courage to the first move (and she'd probably have to, Palladium wouldn't notice any romantic feelings because she can't see herself past the role of caretaker) is adorable to me.
>>
>>1926425
Another victim of the slut sisters O, O2, and O3 huh?
Is Lead some kind of closet masochist though? She seems to get victimized a lot by them.
>>
There should be some kind of relationship between Lead and Silver.
In mining, Lead and Silver are commonly found together. There is always a minor amount of Silver content in lead mines, and Silver ore commonly contains lead as a impurity.
Pure Lead and pure silver seams are rarely found in nature.
>>
>>1926850
>Lead
>any aspect of being on the bottom
In Tin's dreams.
>>
>>1926854
There is? They're friends, probably closer to sisters if Gold's jealousy is anything to go by. The two, now three, older couples haven't really had their past explained outside of the first one shot and hints.
>>
>>1926854
When I get away from writing profiles and back onto full fics, I was going to go a bit further into Lead and Silver.

They're childhood friends. Lead had a thing for Silver once, goes to Mercury for help competing against Gold (which leads into that whole "turning base metals into gold" thing that alchemy is known for; Mercury being very prominent in alchemical texts). It ends with Lead deciding to wish Silver well, and possibly finally agreeing to an evening out with Tin, who she realises actually WASN'T joking with all the flirting.

Aluminium profile later tonight.
>>
Boron is picked on, berated, and molested frequently by everyone, but especially Nitrogen, Oxygen, and the halogens. She's a doormat who gives her electrons away at the slightest provocation, desperate for anyone to bond with her.
>>
Hey check this out.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_metal
Until around 1980, and for 75 years prior to then, virtually every daily newspaper in the world was printed with Linotype machines that had to be fed this metal.
So Lead, Tin, and Antimony had at one time a very productive 3P relationship.
Yet virtually all of these machines have disappeared in the last 35 years, replaced by various forms of digital printing.
So it probably would be a no longer functioning relationship.
>>
>>1926871
>3P relationship
Interesting depending upon the type. Sounds like it might've been more of a business relationship that grew into friendship until their disappearance. Maybe Lead and Tin helped Antimony start a business or something and that was what came out of it.
>>
>>1926893
Antimony makes other metals like lead, copper, aluminum, and silver harder wearing and more durable.
So would that make her something like a fitness instructor? Or relationship councilor? Psychologist? A character that helps the ones around her improve themselves and/or recover from setbacks (like getting oxidized).
>>
>>1926975
Life coach :^)
Psychologist can work since it'd allow for a wider age range.
>>
Huh. Wiki tells me that antimony was first used by humans as a cosmetic coloring, with finds in archeology as far back as 3100BC in Egypt.
Its use in hardening bronze and copper, and to plate copper to create fake silver looking items goes to the beginning of the bronze age. So Cu and Sn have a very long relationship with her too.
She also helps boron halides become useful fire retardants.
>>
>>1927219
Maybe she's another friend of AgAu and PbSn, then?
honestly it'd make more sense to have everyone be around the same age
>>
>>1927219
>>1927264
Sounds like she may be around Mercury's age. Maybe at least 5 years older than Ag and Pb.

The odd metal out of the group though is Aluminum so what would Antimony's association with metal!Maverick be?
>>
>>1926861
>Aluminium profile later tonight.
I really need to get a better grasp of how long these things take. Anyway, here it is: http://archiveofourown.org/works/5253113/chapters/12330869

Work's picked up again, so I can't probably get to work on a full fic for the next couple weeks, but I can still keep doing these; who's next?
>>
>>1927424
Hg, Ir, Os, or Steel.
>>
>>1927424
Poor Iron, sounds like she became a workaholic and it didn't work out.
Fe next if you got enough for her.
>>
>>1927424
So Aluminum is basically MCU Tony Stark?
>>
>>1927487
Probably, though compared to Tony, Maverick comes from humbler beginnings if everything's considered.
>>
>>1926024
Oh wow, good to see something creative going on.

Months from now I'll remember seeing the ground floor being built.
>>
>>1927450
More or less exactly this.

For reference, iron and aluminium are the two most-used metals in the world.

The world aluminium production in 2014 was around 15,000,000 metric tonnes (counting both primary aluminium and alumina).

The figure I have for 2014 world iron production NOT COUNTING CHINA is 1,720,000,000 metric tonnes. (China screws up the figures a bit by having reports on their crude ore rather than usable.)

Iron really threw herself into her work.
>>
>>1927544
>15,000,000 metric tonnes
That should say 45,000,000. Fucking phone keyboards.
>>
>>1927424
Why blue eyes?
>>
You magnificent bastards.
>>
>>1927599
I'm guessing it's because
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sapphire
>a typically blue gemstone variety of the mineral corundum, an aluminium oxide (α-Al2O3)
>>
I never thought I would ship elements together.
What have I become.
>>
>>1927815
Exactly what you were always meant to be.
Not make sure your goggles are fastened tightly and hold on!
>>
>>1928333
*Now
>>
>>1927424
Well that was interesting to learn about Magnesium. So is she and Manganese related in some manner outside of region of discovery that is.
>>
>>1927424
So I was digging, and I found out that Platinum-Copper alloys are often used as catalysts in chemical reactions. (There is usually more Platinum than Copper in these.)
This could be useful.
Like maybe they help others get together somehow? For instance, when they're around, people tend to get along much better.
>>
>>1928360
All the platinum group metals are really into shipping the people around them, but totally oblivious about their own relationships. See: Pt to Cu, Pd to At.

Heaven knows how long it took Ir and Os to get together.
>>
>>1928950
>Heaven knows how long it took Ir and Os to get together.
They have the largest parent-child gap of any of the families, so probably a while.

...were they a couple when Palladium and the others were students? If they weren't, were Palladium and co. scheming to get them together?
>>
>>1928964
It seems like, going off what we know about Pd, is that they were aware but Is didn't have the courage until Pd pushed her for it. Might already had the child or maybe not.
>>
>>1927424
Did Aluminum/Carbon ever happen?

Does Carbon (diamond) know Aluminum (ruby, sapphire) and Beryllium (emerald) in some way?
>>
>>1928999
Aluminum is explicitly said not to understand Iron's personal issues.
Aluminum sleeping with Carbon would be the icing on the cake there; it'd have to be a one-night stand for things to make sense, though.
>>
So is it aluminum or aluminium?
>>
>>1929123
Former, you could also say Mythril
>>
>>1929137
Not at all. Mythril is described to be half as light as Steel and thrice as strong. Aluminum, that is not. Under normal circumstances Aluminum is weaker than Steel (though lighter) in most cases. if ANYONE is Mythril, it's Titanium.
Titanium is lighter than Steel, stronger than Steel, doesn't rust, bends instead of cracking like Aluminum or more Carbon heavy Steels, and has a much higher melting point than both Aluminum (1,221°F) and Steel (2750°F). Titanium's is 3,034°F.
Titanium is Mythril.
>>
>>1929137
It's aluminium officially per international standards, but aluminum is an accepted variant used more or less exclusively in North America.
>>
>>1928999
>Did Aluminum/Carbon ever happen?
Probably: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MKM_steel

Though I doubt Aluminum stuck around long enough to have much of an impact on Steel, because if she did she'd probably have picked up something about the whole Iron situation.
>>
Hey, what about Technetium? I can't remember anyone mentioning her here or in the previous thread. I think since irl she almost doesn't occur naturally (though very tiny amounts can be found in uranium ore) and she's radioactive, we could make her a cute, a little bit unstable robot girl. (Cause she's mostly produced synthetically)
>>
>>1929263
Robit grils were mentioned last thread but Technetium was, never said directly. Which makes me wonder who'd be building these robit grils. Uranium perhaps with Lead's help?
Or maybe her and her crack team of "parent" radioactive elements that lead consults for.
>>
What did I just stumble upon on?
>>
>1929271#

Maybe with Silicon's help? Silicon 'cause she's widely used in all sorts of electronics. I can't imagine making an AI and robot without her. But I'm not sure what canon says about her.
>>
>>1929281
Nothing outside of being with Carbon and having an influence on Steel.

I think one anon pitched the idea that Carbon and Silicon are sisters leading to explain how she had influence on Steel.
Also maybe slept with Carbon for some reason that could be a variety of things.
Like Silicon was the one to take Carbon's virginity but they got caught and Silicon got sent away to complete her schooling.
This would be like when Carbon's 12~14
>>
Wouldn't there be a big chance of Iron working with Steel on a construction project or something? How would that go over?
>>
>>1929388
Maybe in a few years. At the "present" all the alloys are still in their teens.
>>
>>1929271
I think the robot girls were the strictly synthetic elements.

Uranium was definitely one of the "parents". Can't remember who the other was.
>>
File: Periodic_table,_good_SVG.png (129 KB, 1176x800) Image search: [Google]
Periodic_table,_good_SVG.png
129 KB, 1176x800
>>1929540
Pic related has all the unstable elements colored in, as a reference.

Orange is so-stable-people-didn't-know-it-was-radioactive, red is stable enough to be common in the Earth's crust, pink is naturally occurring in very scarce amounts and usually artificial, purple is strictly artificial.

100% taken from wikipedia
>>
Is there a reason why other elements, like gases, are left out?
>>
>>1929603
Not really? People just haven't been talking about them, because it was metals that started it.

I mean, we've got Carbon, Silicon, and Astatine in discussion and those are metalloids.

The one issue I'd have is that they're pretty much shippable with EVERYONE (except for the noble gases, who are smug asexuals or something). The metals avoid "everyone knows everyone" because some just aren't used together, but oxides and chlorides are everywhere.
>>
>>1929594
Poor Tc and Pm, surrounded by neighbors who don't understand their problems
>>
>>1929603
I like to think the noble gases are basically the student council in marimite. All ~pure~, with various crushes on each other that they never actually act on.
>>
>>1926024
So was Tin's design based on Anastasia?
>>
Hydrogen is a tiny hyperactive girl who sleeps around a lot.
>>
>>1929403
Except Nichrome since her parents aren't completely together yet.
>>1929594
Damn that is a lot of robits, seems like Uranium and maybe Neptunium with Plutonium have been hard at work.
>>
>>1929778
I'd go with Uranium and Thorium making the synthetics, since they're used to start most nuclear experiments.
>>
File: i think i'm bisexual.jpg (3 MB, 1869x2457) Image search: [Google]
i think i'm bisexual.jpg
3 MB, 1869x2457
Can we talk about bismuth?

I want to talk about bismuth.
>>
>>1929832
About how it's super edgy? Alright any suggestions then?
>>1929827
So a team headed by Uranium and Thorium perhaps. One that Lead and Silicon may consult for but is mostly comprised of the radioactive elements?
This is after all to make all the robit grils that are the artificial elements.
>>
>>1929832
I refuse to believe that is how any metal actually looks. Is that an actual natural crystal? How does that even happen?
>>
File: bismuth crystal and cube.jpg (4 MB, 5176x3519) Image search: [Google]
bismuth crystal and cube.jpg
4 MB, 5176x3519
>>1929844
These are just from the Wikipedia page on bismuth. It's definitely what it looks like (or what its oxide looks like, technically).

>>1929837
>super edgy?
Literally.

>any suggestions then?
I don't know, I'm not a writefag.
Maybe some connection with lead, since bismuth is next to lead in the periodic table and is used as a lead substitute now that we know about poisonings?
>>
Forgive my autism, but shouldn't silver, gold, iridium, platinum, osmium, ruthenium, rhodium and palladium not be together, since they are noble metals and all? They only make some alloys and that's it. If anything gold should be with copper. Also, are the lanthanides and actinides are being considered as metals, right?
>>
>>1929883
We're not exclusively pulling from industry/chemistry here.

Gold/Silver is the natural thematic choice, they're just so strongly associated with each other throughout history.

Iridium/Osmium is because they're naturally found together (in a natural alloy sometimes called iridosmine, who is their daughter).

Copper/Platinum was one of anon's decisions early on that's sort of under a grandmother clause.

I see no reason to exclude the lanthanides and actinides.
>>
>>1929701
No but I did realize the similarity partway through drawing her.
>>
>>1929893
Artanon! You're alive!
praise meduka
>>
>>1929892
But how come osmium isn't super dense towards Iridum?
And Copper x Platinum is kind of stupid. Like pairing Uranium and Lead because uranium-235 decays into lead-207.
>>
Fluorine and Chlorine NTRing everyone when?
>>
>>1929899
>And Copper x Platinum is kind of stupid.
If you think that's kind of stupid, I wonder what you think of Electrum and Steel being a possible couple.
>>
>>1929899
>And Copper x Platinum is kind of stupid. Like pairing Uranium and Lead because uranium-235 decays into lead-207.
Again, it's essentially being grandfathered in from
>>1897925
>>1897928
rather than particular interpretations of science; the same reason that Copper is the daughter of Gold and Silver (the only element to be a child of other elements). Dropping those points is an uphill battle. this is also probably why I like the CuPt fic less than the other two, there's no interesting little tidbits in it

(Though I'm pretty sure CuPt isn't as much a "canon" couple as much as "the one /u/ likes", compared to explicitly canon couples like AgAu or SnPb.)

Osmium and Iridium were super dense in the past, the other platinum groups needed to act as a catalyst.
>>
>>1926024
Can we consider Carbon, since graphite is a semi-metal?
Carbon needs her harem with infinite copies of herself and some Oxygens.
>>
>>1929908
There's also the overlap in various applications Copper and Platinum have to a degree that can be seen as kind of a foundation to the pairing.
However it's not like CuTi's ever been extrapolated on despite Titanium being one of Copper's possible choices.
I think Cobalt was also mentioned as a possible choice though I think that was following a color theme more than anything.
>>
>>1929908
>this is also probably why I like the CuPt fic less than the other two, there's no interesting little tidbits in it
I'd agree with this, and I wrote them.

>>1929912
Cobalt's primary source is as a byproduct of copper mining, so that's not unfounded either.

If Copper were a little older, she'd be getting a lot of attention.
>>
>>1929893
>drawing
I missed you, drawfriend-senpai. Are you thinking of doing any more pics?

I don't really know what's the appropriate level of pestering the creative people to do things without being obnoxious so sorry if I get irritating about it.
>>
>>1929920
By that logic Lead would be paired with all trans-uranic elements, since they all decay into lead.
>>
>>1929928
Those wouldn't be unfounded either. I'm not saying "ideal" or "perfect" but I don't want to come in swinging around the sciencehammer and smashing up the fun.

I get nervous enough with being taken as the "canon" just because I'm writing things, for similar reasons. Like, I have my canon, and there's things I'd do and not do, but I don't want to let my notions discourage anon's.
>>
>>1929920
Again Platinum doesn't have to be the end all be all, she's just the first one some anons latched.
I know I find the couple a bit amusing because Copper's basically crushing on someone who's like her mom (Gold) and I like to imagine that Copper will realize it eventually and feel all weird about it

I think the biggest thing CuTi has against it is that it's never really explored in thread outside of the friendship. Closest we came is I believe what led to Titanium sleeping with Carbon.
>>
>>1929936
Wasn't it that TiC was less to do with Copper and more to do with titanium steel?

Like, Titanium was going to be part of Carbon's harem at least to some degree.
>>
>>1929927
I might, bismuth seems like she would be neato.
>>
>>1929941
that was actually who I was going to request, because I'm curious

>>1929933 also you
>>
>>1929832
I only just noticed the filename.

Well played, anon.
>>
>>1929939
Oh yeah, TiC was to explain the alloyed steel in that notion that Steel is influenced by all the older women in her life. Titantium is the youngest person to sleep with Carbon and that was more of one off type of thing going off what's been said.
I think there was some talk about Titanium possibly being a babby sitter for Carbon at one time or another and that would help explain her influence on Steel.
>>
>>1929875
Maybe Bismuth is Lead's younger sister or something. Outside of replacing her sister's stuff with non-toxic versions: Bismuth is used in cosmetics, pigments, and some pharmaceuticals if wiki is to be believed. I'm sure there's a fewer other things, so it sounds just going off of that while she might work in a similar field with Lead, her hobbies might separate her from her sister.
>>
>>1929952
Bismuth needs to be together with Vanadium.
>>
>>1929952
Maybe she's a bit more out there than Lead?

Lead had to get her Tin patience from somewhere, and from looks alone Bismuth seems pretty wacky.
>>
>>1929955
Maybe. Bismuth was confused for Lead and Tin in the past because of their similar properties. So yeah, I could see Bismuth being more out there and helping explain how Lead got her patience.

>>1929954
Wanna help explain that for the non-academic cosmona/u/ts that might miss the connection.
>>
>>1929957
Nothing much, it's just that bismuth vanadate is used in yellow pigments.
>>
File: vanadium in water.jpg (62 KB, 599x899) Image search: [Google]
vanadium in water.jpg
62 KB, 599x899
>>1929957
Presumably, it's because of pic related: the four colours of vanadium when dissolved in water.
>>
>>1929959
Not that anon, but that makes sen-
>>1929960
What the fuck. It's just a metal and water? How does that work? What makes one different from another?

you're blowing my mind here flonium

why don't they teach this stuff in high school chemistry classes instead of all that boring number crunching with sodium and shit
>>
>>1929959
Ah maybe, I think there's a couple with an even more tenuous relationship.
>>1929960
>PGBY
All it needs is red and it'll make all the colors that Bismuth makes. Maybe Vanadium is Bismuth's senpai in the pigment/cosmetic field.
>>
>>1929968
Though christ Vanadium seems like diversified a polymath.
I wonder if Steel would encounter Wootz and Damascus Steel eventually.
>>
>>1929966
>What the fuck. It's just a metal and water? How does that work? What makes one different from another?
They are all actually different ions, I don't really remeber which is which, but they are all [V(H20)6] with different ionization numbers, which go from 2 to 5.
>>
>>1929968
>Maybe Vanadium is Bismuth's senpai in the pigment/cosmetic field
I don't think Vanadium has any application in cosmetics. And wouldn't Bismuth be the senpai since she is a trans-uranic element?

>>1929972
But steel is an alloy, not a chemical element.

I thought I'd be free from work on the weekend
>>
File: vanadinite.png (316 KB, 370x496) Image search: [Google]
vanadinite.png
316 KB, 370x496
>>1929966
Each solution has the vanadium in a different oxidation state (from +2 to +5); these differing states are what give each solution a different color.

>>1929968
>All it needs is red
Fun fact: pic related. It's vanadinite, one of the primary ores of vanadium. Vanadium is fabulous. (You can also find some fancy pictures of vanadium metal with colours on it, presumably because of uneven oxidation, but not nearly to the extent of bismuth.)

I can't speak for use in pigments or cosmetics, that's not really a field I'm too familiar with.
>>
>>1929975
Fair point, alright so pigment connection is about the only connection Bismuth and Vanadium would have.
True Wootz and Damascus are alloys but they are kind of separated by cultures.
Alright so Wootz and Damascus should just be on the back burner or whatever since it'd be hard to justify them.
>>
>>1929975
>And wouldn't Bismuth be the senpai since she is a trans-uranic element?
...but she's not? Bi is 83, U is 92.

Even then, ages are another one of those things that's "this is how we want the relationship to be" rather than "this is because of X"; either everyone would be the same age (or very close, accounting for the formation of stars), or if we went by age of discovery Copper would be the oldest.
>>
>>1929978
Or by age of formation, with Hydrogen-chan being the oldest, and all the elements from helium to iron being the elders.
>>
>>1929978
Sorry, I meant post-transition.
>>
>>1929975
>But steel is an alloy, not a chemical element.
There are a few alloys, who are the children of element couples.

FeC -> Steel
AgAu -> Electrum (also Copper, who's in on a grandfather clause from like the very first post of what sparked this)
SnPb -> Pewter, Terne
IrOs -> Iridosmine
NiCr -> Nichrome (who hasn't been born yet since her moms are just meeting in Copper's harem)
>>
>>1929984
>Copper's harem
Carbon's.
Fuck. I've made that mistake like three times now, I need to kill my autocorrect.
>>
>>1929984
Carbon's harem*
Copper is a huge player if she can get Nickel and Chromium.
>>
How would graphite, diamond and graphene be represented?
What about meta materials?
>>
>>1929986
Well, Nickel isn't much of a stretch, there's a lot of cupronickel alloys out there.
>>
>>1929987
Well, we have alpha and beta tin represented as facets of Tin's personality, so maybe they're just different sides to Carbon?
>>
>>1929989
They are way too different though. I mean, graphene is one of the most efficient electrical conductors out there, whereas most diamonds are excellent insulators.
>>
>>1929987
Diamond was referenced by the rare few times that Carbon dresses she's a beauty on par with Gold and Platinum. Not sure about graphite and graphene outside of maybe her work ethic or some small business she started up that's now

Like how graphite phased out lead for pencils.
>>
>>1929992
What would be Carbon's "base" form? Coal?
>>
>>1929990
Alpha tin is a nonmetallic semiconductor, beta tin is tin as we know it. They're not exactly identical either.
>>
>>1929992
Lead was never actually used in pencils. The instances of lead poisoning related to pencils were because of the paint.
>>
>>1929994
Yeah probably, or something like that. In regards to the setting, it'd probably be just her going to work and stuff since she raised Steel for a good portion of time by herself and probably had to juggle things.
>>
>>1929996
This thread continues to blow my mind.

>/u/ - education
>>
>been studying for my metallurgy exam today
>browse /u/ for shits and giggles and boobs
>this thread comes up

Y'all niggas be cray cray
>>
>>1929996
Interesting. Well hopefully the thing helped to serve the point of graphite possibly being something Carbon made while working or some such. Maybe it was something she toyed around with while in highschool before Steel happened.
>>
>>1930001
>metallurgy exam
I'm so sorry for you.
>>
>>1930003
I'm in welding school so it's only basic stuff about common metals we work with, how it behaves with heat and things like that so it's not too bad.
>>
>>1930004
Then I'm doubly sorry for you. Welding is one of the most unpleasant things I've ever done, on par with OTR truck driving.
>>
>>1930006
Really? I'm having the time of my life.
>>
>>1929976
Why does it have the two different colors and patterns? Some weird property?
>>
>>1930020
Nope. It's just two different minerals, the red vanadium crystals and the rock they were found in.
>>
>>1930020
The rock itself is probably baryte or something like that.
>>
>>1927424
Any news on who's coming next?
Any full fics in the works?
>>
>>1930004
Are you me? That's kinda the main reason I'm so invested in the FeC /Steel / CLASS-M side of things here.

>>1930006
Not everyone is cut for being a modern version of Hephaestus.

Say, Carbon's countenance would be pale skin (given the diamond aspect) and dark hair, right? Politely requesting C.

You know I'm talking to you, drawfag. Pretty please?
>>
File: C.png (195 KB, 744x887) Image search: [Google]
C.png
195 KB, 744x887
>>1931955
>>
>>1932008
Not OR, but that looks great!

Were you still planning to do Bismuth?
>>
>>1932018
Eventually, probably.
>>
>>1931955
>FeC /Steel / CLASS-M side of things here.
Speaking of which, we've been too focused on the C side of things.

Anyone have any idea what Iron got up to while she was off slowly killing herself by still being in love with Carbon? Aside from building her business empire that is.
>>
>>1932165
Well, she's got Aluminum's one-sided rivalry thing and Zinc looking after her. She probably also knows Nickel somehow, because you find Iron and Nickel together a lot.
>>
>>1932170
How would Iron treat Aluminum? As a possible business partner down the line or possible some lady making her way up in the world? Did she know Nickel before Nickel met up with Carbon or after? Could Nickel be her employee?

I also think Manganese might also know Iron to, probably a greater extent than she(Mn) might know Carbon.
>>
Would Iron's business(es) be a household brand or name to show how prevalent she is in our world, or would her empire be a sleeping giant in the background that rumbles from time to time?
>>
>>1932272
Household brand, I'd say. It fits the ubiquity of iron better.
>>
>>1932008
I love you.

>>1932165
>>1932170
>>1932189
Iron does have the rivalry with Aluminum, but her main focus is becoming someone worthy of Carbon, so the business partner down the line angle works perfectly.

As for the Nickel stuff, maybe she's working as a PA for Fe? That way they would be close and the idea of Nickel knowing both Fe&C without being aware of their shared past is doable.

Fe eventually finds out but wouldn't hold it against Ni. As for Carbon's reaction,

>C: Does it harm my daughter in any way?
>Fe&Ni: well, no, but-
>C: Great. No worries then.

Even if there's Dramaâ„¢, Carbon's main focus is Steel's welfare. Everything else is inconsequential even her own issues with Fe/CLASS-M.

She met them separatedly so Ni wouldn't make an ordeal. As long as C remains single, their agreement holds.
>>
Probably a little late for this, but I kind of like the idea of having a sort of magical girl type plot where alloys are actually Vividred style fusions.
>>
>>1932286
>Even if there's Dramaâ„¢
I'd say if any element would have drama, it'd might be Manganese and/or Zinc. Zinc's potential drama is kind of obvious and more Carbon focused than any sort of problem with Zinc herself.

Though that makes me wonder if Zinc might've sided with Iron initially in the beginning and restarted her friendship with Carbon back in their twenties.

As for Iron's opinion of Aluminum, sounds fine. Seems like she'd be apathetic or at least kind of keep Aluminum in the back of her mind not fully aware of the rivalry. Which begs the question, would Iron even consider Maverick/Aluminum a threat?
>>
>>1932286
>Dramaâ„¢
Fluorine needs to make an appearance. Fluorine based acids are insane.
>>
>>1932291
I'm sorry, but whenever I hear Zinc I think of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1iCZpFMYd0
>>
>>1932291
>Aluminum a threat
Hmmm. Depends. If there's malice then Al's a threat. If not, then it's just a bit of comedy? IF Al manages to get together with C at some point, of course.

That would happen after Fe's return.

>Fe: C, I'm back! I'm ready to make it up to you and Steel!
>Al: Fe! We're not done with our competition, I still have to crush you- Oh, hello. It seems I've been charmed by your lovely countenance; may I ask your name?
>C: Name's Car-
>Fe: Stay away from her, you womanizer! C's my-
>Al: So you know this ethereal being? How dare you keep her to yourself, Fe? That's low of you, keeping me apart from my future wife!
>Fe: WHAT.
>C: ... I didn't ask for this.

Or something like that.
>>
>>1932321
I can't really see Aluminum as overly malicious. Maybe she gets too caught up in the competition but I'd like to think Goose helps reign her in.

However, it sounds like a business party where Aluminum runs into Iron would be where she could also fully meet Carbon.
It'd be hilarious if AuAg was also there and Carbon was talking to them when Aluminum was struck by her beauty. So much so that she completely ignores Gold outside of a snippy remark.
>>
>>1932325
Yeah, Al doesn't fit the bill for maliciousness, but the option needed to be discussed.

Your setting is way more better. Let's keep it for when Flonium reaches the FeC/Steel/CLASS-M saga.

Because there will be such saga, right? ;_;
>>
>>1932332
I'll see how much time off I can finagle for the holidays for longer endeavours.

As far as shortfic goes, I have a few ideas so far
>Zinc and Iron after Iron pulls another all-nighter
>Aluminium and Gold's bickering derailing a fancy event while Be/Sc and Ag desperately try to stop them
>Palladium and Astatine fluff
>Electrum's delusions(?) about Steel and Terne
>>
>>1932359
I'd love to see the Zinc and Iron fic if you end up writing one of them out.
>>1932332
Who knows, if such a saga were to happen Mn, Molybdenum and Silicon would really have to get discussed some more with maybe a Tungsten and Chromium getting a bit more detail.
>>
>>1932359
>>1932370
Zinc work better with Copper, though. . .
I mean, fucking Brass. Come on guys.
>>
>>1932455
There's a reason I've gone with Zinc and Iron being close: the number one use of zinc worldwide is galvanisation, the use of zinc coatings to protect iron structures from corrosion both directly and by acting as a sacrificial anode.

I'll try and get the fic I had from that done in the next couple of days I guess.
>>
>>1932455
You realize the aforementioned Zinc and Iron thing isn't romantic, right?
It's just something that would most likely show their friendship in the setting and also show what Iron does in the setting.

However, fine, let's discuss Copper getting with Zinc. Despite the 13 year age gap, surely there's some overlap in various fields they are used in and could run into each other. Outside of their "what-if" child that is Brass
>>
File: zinc-main.jpg (84 KB, 1200x797) Image search: [Google]
zinc-main.jpg
84 KB, 1200x797
>>1932456
>sacrificial anode
One Google later and I suddenly feel really bad for Zinc.
>>
>>1932456
>sacrificial anode
So did Iron use Zinc to sniper bully people in their school?
>>
File: Bi.png (238 KB, 840x799) Image search: [Google]
Bi.png
238 KB, 840x799
>>1932019
>>
>>1932567
Dear god. I've never liked characters with such hair-dos until now.
>>
>>1932567
Perfect!

Can I request vanadium when you're doing one next?
>>
>>1932567
That is so good.

>>1932677
Drills are justice.
>>
>>1932459
No, I did not realize that.

>13-year age gap
>somehow a problem
Unless Zinc is 13-years younger, there is not a reason why it couldn't happen. Besides, I thought this board loved age-gap shit.
>>
>>1932567
Could you please do Platinum next?
>>
>>1932472
How does one "Sniper bully" someone else?
I've never heard of this before.
>>
>>1932870
>I thought this board
We do, but if you haven't realized, it's gotta mesh and actually work. So far the only argument for ZnCu is brass. Nothing else has been mentioned or said about how they could connect.

Besides the 13 year age gap wouldn't be the problem, the fact that Copper's possible lover is seven/six years younger than her mothers might be. though it would make for a good issue for their relationship.
>>
>>1932456
So Zinc is always throwing herself down in front of O, O2 and O3 to save Iron and Steel?
>>
>>1932878
https://youtu.be/hB2gimiGTn4?t=4m45s
However looking at their ages, I've come to realize that Iron couldn't do that with Zinc since they're the same age. Also Iron doesn't come across as malicious enough to do such a thing to begin with.
>>
>>1933154
So does Nickel.
>>
>>1933334
Nickel?

I've heard of magnesium and aluminium being used, but not nickel.

also, fic tomorrow night probably
>>
>>1933361
It has more to do with Stainless Steels.

>fic tomorrow
Which one? I'm hoping for the Electrum one, but anything's fine.
>>
>>1933385
Ah, right you are on that one. I was still thinking in terms of galvanic protection, but you're totally correct about stainless steels.

It's the Zinc and Iron one for now, I can work on Electrum next though.
>>
File: Pt.png (253 KB, 679x848) Image search: [Google]
Pt.png
253 KB, 679x848
>>1932873
>>
File: V.png (191 KB, 687x645) Image search: [Google]
V.png
191 KB, 687x645
>>1933426
>>
>>1933426
>>1933428
You're awesome, anon. I know it's been said, but it hasn't been said enough.

Any ideas on who you'd do next?
>>
>>1933434
Dunno, will probably be a while before I do more though.
>>
>>1933435
That's alright, go at your own pace.
>>
>>1933434
>it hasn't been said enough
Please, I would give them my firstborn if they asked. Surely they know that, right?

If they write/illustrate the whole FeC/CLASS-M make it firstborn&and the next-in-line. Madokami knows we need more writefags/drawfags here.
>>
File: tsukihi.jpg (30 KB, 225x350) Image search: [Google]
tsukihi.jpg
30 KB, 225x350
>>1933426
I'm platinum gay.
>>
>>1933426
YES!
>>
Fic will be delayed a few days, my currently only beta has fallen ill. I'll do a profile in the meantime, who should it be?
>>
>>1934611
Iron if you got enough, or maybe Zinc.
I'd love to see Tungsten if you have enough for her.
>>
>>1933105
>So far the only argument for ZnCu is brass

It's a pretty powerful one, not only the importance of brass in human history, but the fact that brass is commonly associated with gold and silver in medals.

Brass being the grandchild of Silver and Copper would make at lot of sense.
>>
>>1933428
I love you anonymous drawer, I think vanadium has best girl potencial.
>>
>>1934655
>brass is now bronze
Uh huh. Outside of that, though you made a decent point, how would they interact and encounter each other? Outside of Zinc probably seeing Co's hidden beauty.
>>
>>1934693
>>brass is now bronze

Eh, what a derp moment.

I can see Zn accompanying C to a fancy reception at Au's, and meeting Cu there, awkwardness ensues.

And Pt sees that and becomes the matchmaker.
>>
>>1934705
I suppose, setting-wise, Bronze could be a CuZn child considering going that's one of its makeups though whatever the case Copper should probably carry her since it's viewed prominently as a copper alloy.
>>
>>1934744
It's about as fair as Pewter being an SnPb kid.

But if Copper falls for the dashing older lady, who do we pair Platinum off with?
>>
>>1935329
Nothing's really set in stone for CuZn though it has the alloy case and the possibility of them running into each other at business functions consider their associates.

As for Platinum that's tricky since Gold is one of her more common pairings, followed by Iridium and Os. There is a possibility of Platinum/Cobalt but we as a thread would have to expand on Cobalt.
>>
>>1935364

Yeah I was going to say Cobalt.

I can work, if we imagine Cobalt as an artisan making beautiful decorative crafts (a nod to the use of cobalt in civilization), and thus someone very calm and dedicated, something Platinum would value (in my mind at least).
>>
>>1935371
She's probably a bit more than just an artist though yeah her fortune or fame is probably a direct result of her more artistic uses.

It sounds like Cobalt should be a bit older than Platinum with how you described her. Maybe around Aluminum's age though I, personally, would love it if she had a childhood friend or two that called her a kobold or a goblin while Platinum was around and got all uppity.
Eventually leads maybe telling Plat that she was a huge brat when she was a child.
>>
>>1929594
I can't tell which is pink and orange and red?
>>
>>1935378
>I, personally, would love it if she had a childhood friend or two that called her a kobold or a goblin while Platinum was around and got all uppity.

I'd go with Nickel or Arsenic, but Nickel would be bit young...perhaps Arsenic could be Nickel's elder sister, so Cobalt, being Arsenic's childhood friend would know Nickel well.
>>
Does any of these characters listen to heavy metal?
>>
>>1935390
Bismuth is orange, Thorium and Uranium are red, everything Einsteinium and above is purple, the rest is pink.
>>
On a different note, is there a rule about who writes character bios ? I'd like to give it a bash, if that's okay.
>>
>>1935664
Go right ahead, it's not like I own /u/'s ideas.

on that note, Iron tonight
>>
>>1935485
[spoiler\chromium, cobalt, nickel, copper, zinc, arsenic, selenium, silver, antimony, thallium, cadmium, and mercury.[/spoiler] Though seriously we haven't put much thought into establishing that pun.

>>1935664
Outside of incorporating some prevalent themes that are consistent to the metal and "agreed" upon in the thread, i.e. not really disputed, then it's probably okay. However, I'd be wary of romance since that's one of the things that get discussed a lot.
Also maybe be up for changing it later if they get fleshed out some more.

>>1935479
How could Arsenic be Nickel's elder sister? Any sort of actual connection between the two.
>>
>>1935838
>How could Arsenic be Nickel's elder sister? Any sort of actual connection between the two.
Some secondary ores of nickel contain nickel arsenide. That's the only one I can think of.
>>
>>1935841
>>1935841
There's also Nickeline...wait fuck that's the same thing. Ah well, that might just be enough for Arsenic being Nickel's onee-chan since they're naturally found together. Also the fact that niccolite has more As than Ni.
>>
>Nickel this
>Nickel that
Can Nickel be a closeted weaboo? Just imagine, Iron's hot and capable PA/ Carbon's friend-with-benefits having such side.
Nickel Nickel Niii~
>>
>>1936050
>Iron's PA
So Nickel's Zinc? She could have a nerds side but it'd have to fit or be more justify than just for the nico nico reference.
>>
>>1935837

Okay, it's going to be W (who I ship with Ta).
>>
>>1936069
Just remember W and C have amicable history
>>
>>1936054
I don't think Zinc is Iron's PA as much as Iron's responsible friend. Like, I don't even think Zinc works for Iron, she just looks after her because they're friends.
>>
>>1936145
You are correct. I was dumb, though still how could Nickel be Iron's PA or know her when that hasn't really been explored.
Zinc could work for the same company but be on a career level that allows her to check up on Iron from time to time.
>>
>>1926045
Here is my idea for Mercury.

She is a immortal bookworm who has lived over thousands of years. She is a quiet extrovert but very knowledgeable having used her immortal life to use every day to study and learn new things. As a result, she knows how to play the violin, electric guitar, didgeridoo, sihu and harp among other things. She's able to speak about 20 languages. She is by no means the best though as she gets bored easily be it learning or relationships. As a result, despite being able to speak several languages she is by no means fluent in them.

Her immortality comes from the belief of Qin Shihuangdi that drinking mercury makes you immortal.

If immortality is too supernatural for this series, my proposal is to also make her a bit of a goofball who says shes an immortal. Again it's a joke on the supposed immortality-granting powers of mercury.
>>
>>1936142

No worries, W and C are important friends
>>
>>1936216

It's almost done, I'm only waiting for Iron's profile to make sure that it doesn't conflict it.

Meanwhile I'd like to share some ideas with the thread:

Tantalum, as I said is shipped with W; because Ta is used in medical applications, I see Ta as a doctor, and specifically W's docotr during her medical leave.

Niobium, being very similar to Ta, could be her little sister, and given the existence of ferroniobium, maybe she could be liked withIron in some capacity ?

Zirconium, another element with medical uses, could be Tantalum's friend from medical school.

Unrelated to the above: Caesium would be a highly neurotic with severe OCD that can only be calm when everything is in order. She would be a brilliant watchmaker (because caesium atomic clocks) due to her obsessive attention to details.

Thoughts ?
>>
>>1936232
Maybe Caesium doesn't have such severe neurosis and ocd. Neurosis I can get because there's only one stable isotope but she is more than a clock. Saying that though, maybe watchmaking is a hobby but her job could involve some heavy use of the net or cell phones since they tend to rely on that caesium standard. Because of such things, maybe she's a bit of a recluse in the business and most 9f her known appearances are done via phone/video conference.
Alongside an internal clock that is rarely wrong.
>>
File: Niobium_crystals_and_1cm3_cube.jpg (352 KB, 1920x1158) Image search: [Google]
Niobium_crystals_and_1cm3_cube.jpg
352 KB, 1920x1158
>>1936232
If drawfag wants to draw Niobium, I want her hair to be like the cube in pic related.

Also, Niobium might perhaps have identity issues. She used to be called Columbium in America, was called Niobium in Europe. Her current name became standard everywhere when the Americans agreed to call her Niobium in exchange for the Europeans calling Wolfram Tungsten. This could also be a basis for a friendship/rivalry between Niobium and Tungsten, when they both get introduced.

On the subject of W, I see her as a real sort of rough and tumble type of girl, in her thirties. The type who wears her hair in a ponytail and isn't afraid of much.
>>
>>1936241
Let's not forget Caesium's gorgeous subtly gold color. Perhaps she could be of East Asian stock?
>>
>>1936608
>when the Americans agreed to call her Niobium in exchange for the Europeans calling Wolfram Tungsten

So the americans wanted the europeans to use a swedish name instead of a german one ? okay...(works for me, I prefer Tungsten and Niobium).

Given that Nb is very similar to Ta, maybe Nb had a sister complex on Ta and got jealous of W when W and Ta started dating, generating tensions until W and Nb agreed on a "Tantalum partition treaty".

>>1936612

Could the alkali metals all be sisters ?
>>
>>1936612
More like german if we're going to start sticking nationalities to it.
>>1936879
>all be sisters
Cousins work better for that sort of thing.
>>
>copper, the veritable "loose woman" of metals due to it's ability to alloy with anything

(read it in your best Zapp Brannigan voice)
>>
>>1936927
I miss Phil Hartman.
>>
>>1936884

I think anon was referring to her physical apparence
>>
So I totally thought I posted this two days ago, but I must have closed the tabs before I did.

My apologies /u/, here's Fe.
http://archiveofourown.org/works/5253113/chapters/12549344
>>
>>1936997
>http://archiveofourown.org/works/5253113/chapters/12549344

Why is it chapter 6 ?
>>
>>1937001
...because the entire thing's pasted in "Chapter 5" as a draft that I hadn't hit post on.

Excuse me, I'm going to go slam my head against a wall now. I'm not sure when I'll stop.
>>
>>1937003

It's cool sis, I was just nitpicking.

Here, have a W:
http://pastebin.com/tvMrGgQ6
>>
>>1937009
>Walentyna
Is she a slav? Also maybe have her skin color be a more normal one instead of one accessible to a drow or a dreugr. Just a thought.
Looks nice overall.

>>1936997
>Fe's chapter
Poor Iron, sounds like she has a serious case of self-doubt in regards to anything personal.
>>
File: DE44TU-Tungsten-660x440.jpg (34 KB, 660x440) Image search: [Google]
DE44TU-Tungsten-660x440.jpg
34 KB, 660x440
>>1937016
>Is she a slav

Her name is something I just cobbled together without much thought, in-universe she's just Tungsten.

I would really like for her to have dark skin (like pic related), she's one of the few for which it would make sense, that would bring a some visual diversity.
>>
>>1937025
>Her name is something I just cobbled together without much thought, in-universe she's just Tungsten.

Also, Walentyna (or rather its original form Valentinus) means strong or vigourous, fitting for Tungsten.

It's the Polish form because it's the one that begins with a W
>>
>>1937016
>dreugr
Do you mean Draugr?
If you did, then I think you're misunderstanding what a Draugr is.
A Draugr is a super zombie in Norse mythology. They know that they're undead, they know that they're walking corpses. They don't give a shit. What they care about is murdering EVERYTHING.
>>
>>1936997
Well, it's official. Iron is best girl.
>>
>>1937630
Kind of, I was thinking of the "Dark" dwarf racce that was in dnd 3.5. Point is that the skin color reminded me of the underdark races.
It is informative though, I didn't know the draugr were super zombies, I thought they were just normal zombies with some norse stuff in.
>>
>>1937648
Yeah. They are 3 or more times the strength of a normal man, and they can survive any injury. They cannot be killed by anyone who isn't a true hero (read: champion of the gods).
>>
Do we have human-style names for any of the other metals?

>>1937648
>I was thinking of the "Dark" dwarf racce that was in dnd 3.5
Duergar.
>>
>>1938266
Honestly I think the regular element names are better.
>>
>>1938267
I agree, but I'm just curious. I'm mostly asking because Hetalia has them, even if they're rarely used, and it's an easy comparison.
>>
>>1938269
>>1938266
Gold, Silver, and Tungsten are the only three with names iirc.
Auroura something Italian, Agatha Thaler, and Walentyna.
>>
>>1938269
>>1938271
Pretty sure the only option for Lead is "Phoebe".
>>
File: Fe.png (182 KB, 617x727) Image search: [Google]
Fe.png
182 KB, 617x727
>>1936997
>>
File: 1449717925866.png (104 KB, 244x413) Image search: [Google]
1449717925866.png
104 KB, 244x413
>>1938389
Well that certainly explains why Carbon became a single mom. My goodness.
>>
>>1938410
Something wrong?
>>
>>1938411
I believe anon's post is in the vein of >Oh no! Iron's hot.
So no thing's wrong.
>>
>>1938415
That's what the reaction image seemed to imply but then I was confused because the carbon thing seemed to suggest something else.
>>
>>1938419
Out of the two of them, Carbon was the one who retained custody of Steel while Iron didn't. So maybe that's why the anon said Carbon over Iron.
>>
Would Steel looked up Fe when she was younger and more curious if Carbon told her who she was?
>>
File: Steel.png (158 KB, 736x616) Image search: [Google]
Steel.png
158 KB, 736x616
>>1938460
I doubt Carbon talks about her much.
>>
>>1938462
So is that Steel when she's a child?
Maybe, I could see Carbon alluding to Iron loving Steel very much but being vague about why her birth mother isn't around. Might involve saying she's dead or some such, though that's a bit extreme unless Carbon perpetuates that she's Steel's birth mother.
>>
>>1938462

Nice !

No wonder that Electrum wants her.
>>
we are literally shiping the elements. this is the most /u/ thread to ever grace /u/. It's like our shiping google's overloaded while looking at a empty chem lab.

never change /u/.
>>
>>1938466
>So is that Steel when she's a child?
Maybe. I don't know what she was supposed to look like so I just drew that and figured she could change quite a bit as she grew, and thus look completely different.
>>
>>1938571
>I don't know what she was supposed to look like
Personal headcanon, but I always pictured her as very... I guess the word is "handsome" but that sounds weird. More Haruka than Michiru, is a way to say it.

I can totally see her being an adorable kid, though. (It'd be funny to see how Electrum reacts to the gap, as well.)
>>
>>1938698
Pretty much; steel is basically shorthand for "tough, strong" (Superman for example), so I've pictured her as being pretty butch just from that.

Of course, now I'm imagining Electrum talking Steel into cosplay as Michiru and Haruka respectively for some kind of event.

as it wraps up Terne asks Steel if she knows she's been dressed as half of a lesbian couple and Steel spills all her spaghetti
>>
File: lustgauge.png (77 KB, 317x431) Image search: [Google]
lustgauge.png
77 KB, 317x431
>>1938389
oh my, Iron
>>
Hydrogen and carbon form many compounds that are the basis for all life on earth, so surely they should be married and have many children.

A bit of an open relationship, maybe, since there are some other elements involved in the more complicated organic molecules.
>>
>>1938730
I'd be more in favor of Hydrogen/Oxygen, since we already have Iron/Carbon.

We really don't talk about the nonmetals that much for some reason.
>>
>>1938731

The reason is that non-metals (specifically gazes) are goddam everywhere.

Personally I would drawn the line between the polyatomic and diatomic nonmetals.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.