[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Came back from seeing this with my friend. What the fuck did
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 199
Thread images: 13
Came back from seeing this with my friend. What the fuck did I just watch?

The film was basically just a first-person, live-action anime.
>>
>>68041511
Yeah, I agree, it was fucking awesome.
If some dislikes this movie they have to be a weak man, gay or a woman.
>>
>>68041511
This is really shit and you should be ashamed of having such garbage taste, but you won't because your a pleb and plebs don't care they have shitty taste, they just brush it aside "I'm just having f-fun!". Filming an entire movie in first person does not make it a good movie. FIlms have been shot for so long in third person anything in first is immediantly immersion breaking, you cannot say otherwise, it just doesn't work. And a movie needs to have a good plot, fleshed out characters, original music, and leave an impact to be enjoyable, not just dumb action scenes the entire time.
>>
>>68041511
Why is he using two lefty pistols?
>>
>>68043239
They flipped the image around.
>>
>>68041511
I loved the music and Jimmy. Movie was really well done. Was expecting it to be some sort of shitty gimmick but was pleasantly surprised.
>>
Will I make it through this movie?

(I always get headaches and nausea when playing a FPS)
>>
>>68043076
Is he asking for a cigarette in this movie?
>>
>>68043666
You will not get motion sick.

Nice trips btw
>>
>>68043666
probably not, I don't get nausea ever but I got it during this movie.
>>
>>68043666
Depends, some senses are confusing but it's not THAT bad concerning motion sickness. I even had the moving chairs and it was a blast.

>>68043648
It was an alright gimmick but the fact that it was fun as fuck and had clear inspirations and love for video games made it great.

>EZ
Best part by far. I shouted FUCK YOUR HEART when the whole
>Henry, do you have it in your heart?
Best feeling and ending.
>>
>>68041511

Nothing at all like an anime. Please fuck off to one of your containment boards and kill yourself as well.
>>
>>68043747
yeah the ending was great.
>>
>>68043789
I really love the whole giving the middle finger to the people who fucked you over.
>dat triple mario jump on floating dead bodies to punch the final boss in the air
I loved this movie so much. Goddamn. Wasn't expecting to have such a blast with it.
>>
>>68043666
As someone who is super tolerant to first person perspective, I noticed I was squinting at the more intense scenes where Henry was being thrown across rooms and such due to the framerate, so I would warn some caution, get your money back if you can't handle the first 20 minutes
But if you can sit through it, you'll probably have a blast
>>
>>68041511
It's Hendry, not Henry.
>>
File: 1450117990507.gif (1006 KB, 260x187) Image search: [Google]
1450117990507.gif
1006 KB, 260x187
Fuck, so want to see this film but there's no release dates for Australia.
>>
File: 1378661717232.png (75 KB, 187x243) Image search: [Google]
1378661717232.png
75 KB, 187x243
Overall I had a fucking blast, my only two complaints
>Needs a higher framerate to make the more intense scenes look better
>Akan's backstory isn't explained in the film but held as a complete comic sidestory you have to read if you want to learn about him
Besides that, total blast, would have enjoyed without Jimmy but he made the film fantastic
>>
>>68044530
You really don't need a backstory for Akan imo. I do agree with you concerning the framerate.
>>
>>68044347
will it even get a theatrical release here?
>>
>>68044817
It's just that since his powers are really the only sci-fi aspect of the film that doesn't get any real explanation, he feels like he's straight out of another film and no one acknowledges it
>>
>>68044841
I dunno, my father complained as well and my answer is still ''because it's a fucking video game and he's the final boss''.
He has telekinetic powers because fuck you, he's a video game final boss.
Why is he a psychopath and acts like a sicko? Because video game, etc etc.
>>
Are there any POV sex scenes?
>>
>>68045322
No. But there's a part where there's a POV walk into a brothel strip club.
>>
>>68045370
Why is it every 2nd movie I see seems to have a strip club in it

Thanks anyway, is it a long scene?
>>
Nice scene, but why so fuckin cheap?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_bVVN3nWDs
>>
Sharlto Copley carried the film. I love him so much. I like how they advertised it "STARRING TIM ROTH" and he has like two lines in the whole movie lmao
>>
>>68045523
Pretty long. Tons of naked women, fun scene overall.
>>
>>68045322
Try to guess.
Female “Hardcore Henry” characters:
Estelle
Olga the Dominatrix
Katya the Dominatrix
Shop Girl
Waterkid’s girlfriend
Stoner’s girlfriend
Concerned girl #1
Concerned girl #2
Escalator face plant girl
Brothel Madam
Ella the Whore
Angry Prostitute
Brothel Madam
Ella the Whore
Angry Prostitute
Girl in Brothel #8
Girl in Brothel #9
Girl in Brothel #10
Girl in Brothel #11
Girl in Brothel #12
Girl in Brothel #13
Girl in Brothel #14
Girl in Brothel #15
Girl in Brothel #16
Girl in Brothel #17
Girl in Brothel #18
Girl in Brothel #19
Girl in Brothel #20
Girl in Brothel #21
Girl in Brothel #22
Girl in Brothel #23
Girl in Brothel #24
Girl in Brothel #25
Girl in Brothel #26
Girl in Brothel #27
Girl in Brothel #28
Girl in Brothel #29
Flying brothel girl
Rape victim
>>
>>68045613
I wish there was more of the two dominatrix. At first I was wondering why they had guns and were in full leather then it just clicked and I found it hilarious.
>>
>>68045322
Henry flashbacks to fucking a girl a few times but it's basically head bobbing around the torso of a scantly dressed woman
>>
>>68043175
so u haven't seen it, eh?

typical /v/ faggot
>>
I enjoyed it. I had a bit of trouble adjusting my eyes to the shaky camera during the first half of the film. I feel like the shots were a lot more stable during and after the brothel scene.
>>
im in australia and i dont think it's showing here yet / ever sadly, has anyone seen a torrent around? it's a shame because this flick looks amazing and i would actually be willing to spend money watching it at a cinema
>>
>The film was basically just a first-person, live-action anime.
What else did you expect tho
>>
sure is BTL marketing in here
>>
>>68041511
is that los angeles? i have a thing for LA
>>
>>68048066
Moscow
>>
>>68045581
that looks FUN
gotta watch it in the theater
>>
Sharlto copley is so fucking great.

If it wasn't for the scenes with Jimmy is have disliked the film. When he was there everything was brilliant.
>>
>>68045322
brothel girls let him grope them and almost gave him a blowjob but Jimmy stops them before anything happens.
>>
>all those smiles
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ph5YmTDDdVI
>>
>>68050827
making this movie had to be so much fun
>>
File: son.of.saul.jpg (37 KB, 720x526) Image search: [Google]
son.of.saul.jpg
37 KB, 720x526
>>68041511
you saw the future of cinema

>Son if Saul Academywinning best foreign movie )
3rd person views, as in Tomb Raider
>Pandemic (2016)
zombie movie through camera views, mostly 1st persion view
>and that on OPs pic
>>
>>68050827
It's like highschoolers making a film that they love but with a big budget. You can tell everyone had a blast making it.
>>
>>68045613
>flying brothel girl
Kek
>>
>>68050827
Holy shit that looked fun as fuck.
>dat car ramp
>>
Say whatever you want about this movie, but the choreography for that final fight scene is fucking insane
>>
>>68041511
Did Henry have superpowers or was he just really "hardcore"? I couldn't tell from the trailer, but it looked interesting.
>>
>>68051252
He is a Cyborg, however

The main villain is a guy with telekinesis
>>
>>68051252
he's a cyborg. Even his skin is artificial.
>>
>>68051252
he's a cyborg but that's just a plot device.
I think it cheapens him more than anything. You can't be really hardcore if you're made out of fridge parts.
>>
a fun movie for 90 minutes. the plot is very weak but it makes up for it through intense action that keeps topping itself every scene. henry's friend stole the show for me, his character was very interesting all the way throughout and even henry himself (who says nothing the entire movie, another nice video game touch) had some moments of levity that were hilarious for how brief they were.

maybe not a movie you take a hardcore (heh) film buff to, but any male aged 15-35 will likely love this movie.
>>
File: 1453415425353.png (183 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1453415425353.png
183 KB, 500x375
>>68044347
>comes out in Australia
>Moderate Manny
>guns have been replaced with boomerangs
>no swearing
>rated PG-13
>>
>>68051425
I mean, how can you not love EZ?
>>
>>68051302
>>68051317
>>68051332

Neat. Thanks.
>>
Its the perfect movie for gauging if someone is capable of judging the film on what it is and not what they think it should be. Its just fun and haven't seen a movie this refreshing in a while.

Jimmy power rankings?

God Teir
Coked out Jimmy
>>
>>68051702
High tier
Colonel Jimmy
Punk Rock Jimmy
Top Hat Musical Jimmy
>>
>>68045583
>"STARRING TIM ROTH"
I never saw that.
>>
>>68043175
>original music
This movie was literally just a music video, and a good one at that
>>
>>68051490
i honestly loved the last third of the movie, that twist was surprising and exciting. and the 'final boss' guy was fun too, even though his powers were never explained.

there were also a ton of 'oh shit' moments in this movie, and im not talking about just the action. the way henry kills one guy inside the brothel had me cupping my own crotch in pain. likely won't watch this movie again beginning to end, but i will remember this as a great movie for what it was, a FPM (first person movie).

im excited for more movies like this, since at first i was doubting if this movie could hold a viewer's interest for 90 minutes.

intense issac is a great movie, just go see it. in theaters, since it will be hard to recreate the same feeling on a smaller screen.
>>
>>68043175
>a movie needs to have a good plot, fleshed out characters, original music, and leave an impact to be enjoyable
what a tool.
>>
>>68052236
That one scene where he falls out of something (I fucking forget what) and gets caught up in the trees make me jump.

It felt like he had a while to fall, and then the earth caught up with him so suddenly.
>>
It looks stupid honestly. Just from the trailer.
>look at all this unrealistic action and stupid clichés but IN FIRST PERSON!!!
>>
Another "making of" video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQs1b6netgo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nvFqI8j7A4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMIhSI0YWLU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFHO3GJ0eZw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlVbTvJTQ7M
>>
>>68052383
>this bait
>>
>>68052236
Yeah, the last third of the movie was the best part. It pulls a Metal Gear Solid 2 and then actually lets Henry give the middle finger. I was expecting Henry to write love during the EZ scene (because he started writing L before it become an E) and that was so ''video gamey'' and fucking awesome at the same time.

That mario jump on the dead bodies to punch the final boss guy was hilarious. The whole thing was great honestly. I likely won't watch it again but it was a hell of blast. I actually watched the movie with the moving chairs and it was worth it.

>even though his powers were never explained
To be honest, I don't think it ever needed to be explained. He's the final boss of a video game. He's OP and you know he's the final boss. How else is he going to fight a fucking cyborg? Giving him powers was probably the only way.

I might really just buy the Bluray and listen to the commentary.
>>
>>68052416
>making of video
>they're in russian
>no subtitles
Welp
>>
>>68052658
Wut? They're in english with russian subtitles.
>>
>>68052658
In the first video Copley explains that the stuntman has to break through an actual window (not softer "sugar glass" whish is usually used for scenes like this), WHILE he's on FIRE, WHILE he's filming another man who is also on FIRE, and he has to fall just the right way and not to break a camera. Then he uses a half-empty water bottle to doze the flames, and only THEN it's a cut.
Second video is just him making fun of that guy's clothes. In the third video he complains about freezing his feet on cold concrete. Fifth is Copley going "holy shit" over the stuntman's use of actual sharp knives and dangerous clothing and how he managed not to stab himself during his falls and tricks and stuff.
>>
>>68051483
>no swearing
>Australia
buddy
>>
So obviously everything in this movie is an homage to a video game. What came from where?

Getting cyborg limbs - Quake 4
Riot Shield - Counter Strike
Slow Motion - Max Payne, F.E.A.R?
Car Chase - MGS3
Defend the base with sniper rifle - CoD
QTE Melee kills - CoD? RE4?
>>
>>68053121
fight on the roof - L4D
>>
>>68053519
Jimmy's dance from where?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYm-dT24iRY
>>
>>68053121
Last scene reminded me of the final boss fight in Mirrors Edge
>>
>>68051702
I agree. I love all sorts of movies, Her and Spotlight entertained the fuck out of me, but at the same time I loved this.

Its a movie I would whole heartly recommend for someone looking for a good action flick and isn't concerned about it having a deep story and can handle the gimmick.
>>
I want to go see this but I don't deserve it and I haven't earnt it thanks.
>>
File: stephen.png (18 KB, 362x230) Image search: [Google]
stephen.png
18 KB, 362x230
>>
>>68043175
>your a pleb
>your

Good bait.
>>
>>68054706
lel
>>
>>68041511
Am I the only one who thinks that Colonel Jimmy was a reference to The South Park Movie's Saddam Hussein?
>>
ITT: films leftists and woman cannot possibly understand
>>
>>68054690
Collect some more Good Boy Points and maybe mommy or step-daddy will take you.
>>
>>68041511
The ending is epic, 100/100.
>>
>I am not going to be able to see this

Is there a good quality version out there? I watched Kung Fury on YouTube, hoped this would be on YT as well.
>>
>>68054806
I don't think you can compare it to King Fury, though latter is also fun.
>>
>>68054785
>Expected hot slut to have a change of heart or something
>Henry shows her Akin's head
>Still expected him to save her when she falls out of the helicopter
>*door slam*
>Roll credits

Perfect
>>
>>68052416
Dude fucking sweet, thanks
>>
>>68043076

Gay men are not necessarily fey or effeminate. I'm a faggot and this was a religious experience.
>>
I got pretty sick at the theater, I think I'd be better watching on a smaller screen
>>
>>68051332
well he killed like 50 super soldiers who are just as, if not more, powerful as him, if that's not hardcore idk what is
>>
>>68051332
That's the point, he is made of cyborg parts, so he is HARDcore.
>>
>>68054706
10/10
New favorite critic
>>
File: russian kino.jpg (907 KB, 3444x1936) Image search: [Google]
russian kino.jpg
907 KB, 3444x1936
>>68050827
A B S O L U T
K I N O G R A P H Y
>>
>>68054706
still dont get how that review is rotton
>>
>>68055285
the only actually interesting shot is top right, but since it's all set footage it doesnt matter. That type of filming is very limiting when you think about it
>>
Who /not a gamer but hyped/ here?
>>
>>68041511
is this a parody of serious sam
>>
>>68055375
I don't vidya except for occasionally playing Ninja Gaiden 2004 out of nostalgia but I loved this movie. Going to see it again with my friends on Monday.
>>
>>68055294
Because to him that isn't a fun time, look at his profile image, he probably prefers sitting in an easy chair and playing sudoku.
>>
File: hardcore-henry-jimmy.jpg (61 KB, 900x470) Image search: [Google]
hardcore-henry-jimmy.jpg
61 KB, 900x470
>You just decapitated a man with your eyeball! That's pretty hardcore, Henry

Walked out of the theater right there and then
>>
>>68055487
Kek
>>
>>68055392
No
>>
>>68055392
CoD 2.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMnURHXFhuE
>>
>>68055487
>Listen to your heart, Henry
That's so fucking cliche
walked right out the theater right there and then
>>
Does anyone know for sure that this movie is being shown in places like Australia or other places that typically don't really like extreme violence without getting edited? I imagine this is the kind of thing Australia would ban.
>>
>>68043076
>>If some dislikes this movie they have to be a weak man, gay or a woman.
You must be a special kind of retard to take lines from youtube videos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Uzu58N-Sso
>>
>>68041511
It's Always Sunny did it first
>>
>>68052416
Forget that one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=go38o-qZyd4
>>
>>68053617
>Guy suddenly appears on your boat out of thin air.
>pushes him off.
>>
>>68055811
so which one are you? gay, weak man, or woman?
>>
>>68055811
You seems retarded to me though.
>>
>>68053617
Why they don't do movie about this teleportation device?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rgox84KE7iY
>>
YOURE HALF MACHINE, HALF PUSSY
>>
Did anyone else find the gore kind of uncomfortable for how realistic it was.
>>
>>68045613
Looks like it's an extremely sexist movie. Well, what else would you expect from russkies who are one step above cavemen?
>>
>>68056620
No but then I'm not a complete faggot
>>
>>68056744
>extremely sexist movie
For the role that women play in this, they might as well just not be in there save for Not Jennifer Lawrence

>>68056620
A little, had me kinda squeamish, but mostly I was thinking "How'd they do that?"
>>
damn, this movie had some satisfying stabbing
>>
>>68043666

If you are worried about motion sickness, try this four minute video made by the same filmmaker.

This music video was basically the "prototype" for Hardcore Henry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rgox84KE7iY
>>
So is this movie actually good?

My friends want to go see batman vs superman today but I'm more interested in this. If I convince them to see this and it sucks then they'll be pretty mad at me lol.
>>
>>68057137
It's good. And If your friends don't like it, you can always say that they are pussies.
>>
>>68057185
HALF MACHINE, HALF PUSSIES
>>
>>68056620
The opening credits were fucking brutal.

>>68057137
It's very good. Far better than BvS, and >>68057185 is right, just call them pussies.
>>
I didn't understand the flashback with the three kids throwing a toy and Tim Roth calling him a pussy. Is Tim Roth his dad?
>>
>>68057185
EGO OR ENLIGHTENMENT
>>
>>68057062
I like the part where he hits a guy in the shoulder with a cue ball and it drops him. Is this movie basically just unbranded capeshit with a first person meme?
>>
>>68057248
Just a little inside to Henry's past, it's made unclear for a purpose.
I guess, Henry's crying over broken make his father call him pussy, and Henry remember it so good that this memory haven't been erased.
Basically, Henry was hardcore not becouse of his 'wife' but becouse of this little shard of memory he had.
>>
>>68057386

I like the scene where he throws the dog through the window.
>>
>>68057410
>becouse
Because ofc.
>>
>>68057478
Pyccкий c двaчeй нe пaлитcя, тyт кaк нa ычaнe пocт мoжнo yдaлить и нaпиcaть c иcпpaвлeниeм ecли чтo.
>>
>>68057410
But why is Tim Roth in that scene?
>>
>>68057601
Slav trash
>>
>>68057439
D R O P P E D
>>
VIRAL

MARKETING
>>
I don't know anyone whose gone to see this - it looks like some properly tryhard shit
>>
>>68053617

The Joker danced and sang the same song in Arkham Knight.
>>
Goddamn this played on 3000 screens last night and did a whole two million - I hope it was cheap as fuck to make.
>>
>>68057927
> two million

It's a full budget of this movie, really.
>>
I saw the movie last night, and honestly it was a blast. It's the kind of stupid movie I wanted to watch, where it's blood, guts, and bullets everywhere. I was suprised when I showed up to my theater, and I showed them my ID for a student discount, they actually wanted to see my driver's license instead and I got to see the movie for $5. Totally worth it. I plan on seeing it again soon with my roomate, as he was out of town this weekend.
>>
>>68058022
Think the budget was more like 10m. Might not manage the 20 or more it needs in the box office to make money, but it'll probably be a solid DVD seller.
>>
>>68058040
Student discounts are fucking great, man.
>>
>>68058197
According to russian movie database site, it's just two - http://www.kinopoisk.ru/film/778218/
>>
>>68058296
>Trusting Russians
http://uproxx.com/movies/hardcore-henry-review/2/

Who knows - it's always hard to find out what the real budget for a movie was. The people who make it try and undersell the budget, competitors try and push higher estimates, and journalists do what journalists do (make shit up).
>>
File: what.png (596 KB, 859x639) Image search: [Google]
what.png
596 KB, 859x639
>C+
What went wrong bros?
>>
>>68058457
He is obviously a pussy.
>>
>>68058437
In Russia making a movie is a cheap process. And plus this movie is crowdfunding.
>>
I want a Nostalgia Critic review of this piece of garbace.
>>
>>68041511

>starts a thread with "What the fuck did I just watch?"

this triggers me
>>
>>68058457
Sounds like someone isn't hardcore enough
>>
>>68043175
2/10 made me reply
>>
>>68058802
Or just feminazi.
>>
>>68057630
to remind him not to give up.
>>
>>68058457
He's not a gamer.
>too much action
>it's a gimmick
>no mention of how awesome the ending is
>says he got tired and didn't care by the end
>>
>>68057226
Best line. Only the slavs could do this shit.
>>
>>68058850

it's funny how most of the rotten reviews have one or more paragraphs just pissing and moaning about the 'treatment of the female characters' while the fresh ones don't mention it
>>
>>68059695 - >>68045613
>>
>>68059695
Because women are actually empowered in this movie without being in your face about it.
>motocycle chase scene helped by dominatrix women
>same dominatrix women fighting off attackers when everyone but henry gets killed
>women are, although sexually, paid for a job and are protected by Henry who doesn't randomly shoot or kill them (showing he's no a misogynist)
>>
>>68059583
Was probably hurting too much from bracers to enjoy movie.
>>
File: kruger.jpg (30 KB, 600x350) Image search: [Google]
kruger.jpg
30 KB, 600x350
>>68045583
Sharlto Copley is such a cool guy. He will always be that foking prawn guy
>>
>>68058197
i read somewhere it was 20m, but they already sold rights to it for usa for like 10m.
>>
>>68059695
Oh and also that girl who was being raped by policemen. Henry was told ''don't fucking compromise this place'' and he didn't give a fuck and still protected that women from rape.
Though, meh, women need a men to stop rape, but whatever. Henry could have easily just ignored her suffering and been seen as a misogynist.
>>
>>68059839
He was a great H.M. Murdock. In fact, a lot of his non-Blockamp roles have him playing someone insane.
>>
>>68059839
He is the only reason to watch Elysium
>>
>>68060344
He is the only reason why Elysium was not a total shit. I was completely disappointed with Damon.
>>
>>68055889
That guy on right looks like gus sorola
>>
Saw this glorious movie last night, moving rumble seats and dolby moving surround sound. Fucking best movie in my life! Fuck anything else. I had an erections the whole time and the ride just never ended. Non stop go and Jimmy was a flawless character.

Going to buy the blueray when it comes out and will watch this with an oculus rift. Full fucking immersion.
>>
>>68043076
It's hella f*ckin epic brah.
I went to see it with my bitch after going shopping for polos and oakleys
>>
>>68043666
god no
>>
>>68041511
fucking awful film, but fun as fuck to watch
>>
Huh, that's interesting
>rottentomatoes gives this a ~53%
>kritikanstvo gives it an 80% but without any negatives
The russians must be loving the living shit out of it.
>>
>>68062875
Bonus - feminazi butthurt all across the internet.
>>
>>68062948
I don't understand what issue feminists could have with this movie other than there are sex workers shown in the movie. Which, women can have whatever job they want, who gives a shit? I seriously hope their issue isn't the visceral murder porn that is this movie, because it's so well done and enjoyable to more than just men.
>>
>>68062948
Article links of them being butthurt?

>>68063082
>women are only sex objects
>women endlessly being raped or being fucked
>women is a literal trophy goal for the protagonist (video games SUCK!)
>>
>>68063120
They would have to overlook the incredibly manipulative and conniving female villain. They don't seriously think that strong female characters need to all be innocent bad ass good guys, right?
>>
>>68063120
>women are only sex objects
>women endlessly being raped or being fucked
>women is a literal trophy goal for the protagonist
In all honesty do some people believe that women are something more than that?
>>
File: Gail Waynard.gif (24 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Gail Waynard.gif
24 KB, 320x240
>>68063220
You obviously haven't seen feminist whining or being smug about a female protagonist being empowered and strong.
>>
>>68063287
You don't have to be that cynical about it, and no, women are more than that. It's just the most important standard society places on them: whether they're married and who they fuck.
Women are human as well as any one else and have goals. It's just that those goals can be cynically looked at and scorned.
>>
>>68041511
my "friend" wanted to see this piece of shit yesterday and thankfully i put my foot down and refused
i might be rethinking my friendship with this person now
>>
>>68063287
Yes, some people believe that women are actually people with potential merits beyond their sexuality.
>>
>>68063290
My only recent experience is my gay friend complaining about Rey being called a mary sue, smugly linking to feminist articles saying "No, Rey is NOT a "Mary Sue", proclaiming that the term Mary sue was created to degrade women, and that if you think this of Rey you are a misogynist. Then turns around and makes fun of women who don't wear make up and calls them lazy for not putting as much effort into looking nice when they are on their period. I feel like he was just using it as an excuse to defend his beloved movie and franchise. It's hard for me to tell who is being genuine or not.
>>
>>68063668
Assume it's satire and agree with him.
>>
>>68063374
Why should I put that 'morethanthatness' of women into my viewpoint of them?
I can only judge what they 'appear' to be rather than 'that they really are', and to me they appear as far less than they themselfs declare they are.
And good films play with the emotions and impressions that have already taken place in someones head, they create a 'reflection' of reality, be it realistic reflection or some kind of changed, colored and etc.
Po put it simly, they (whoever they are, lol) can put a strong female character into any movie but she would look so fucking out of place that they need the actress to be beautifull, to appear to sex instincts so that her role in the film wouldn't be questioned by watchers. And quess what it is? It's pure sexism that is a base of all Holliwoood movies.
So basically what i want to say is that women may be more than just sexual objects, but majority of them don't appear to be such dignified beings.
>>
>>68041511
Did you have fun?
>>
>>68063420
yeah, virgins
>>
>>68041511
Anime is gay
>>
>>68064313
The problem is just with romanticized idealism.
>>
>>68064393

not OP. I didn't like it.
>>
>>68041511
the question is: Is it more fun than BvS?
>>
>>68066325
Yes by a long shot. Critcs bash on anything fun so if you like movies like the raid and hard boiled you will love this
>>
>>68062937
>53% still 20 higher than BvS
>>
>>68051702

Jimmy Power Rankings:

>Colonel tier
Colonel Jimmy

>Top tier
Sniper Jimmy
Cop Jimmy
Party Jimmy
Punk Jimmy

>Great tier:
Musical Jimmy
Hippie Jimmy

>Good tier:
Nerdy Jimmy

>Jimmy Tier
Jimmy
>>
>>68066680
Cop Jimmy was good at best. You also forgot the bum.
>>
>>68057137
Its fucking great. Just dont expect anything other than pure, unadulterated and unashamed action.
>>
>>68066740
>Forgot Bum Jimmy

Oh fuck you are right.
>>
>>68066680
Colonel jimmy is the one in the YouTube sneak peek right? Haven't seen it yet.
>>
>>68066946
yeah.
>>
NEVER TRUST WOMEN
>>
>>68066946
Yes.

Copley plays the best WW2 British Commando I have ever seen
Thread replies: 199
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.