[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So why, for every Star Trek series, were female crew member episodes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: splash_780-1722.jpg (62 KB, 780x319) Image search: [Google]
splash_780-1722.jpg
62 KB, 780x319
So why, for every Star Trek series, were female crew member episodes always the worst?
>>
the gay russian with the bowl cut was worse than the darkie in a dress in The Original Series
>>
>>72124494

Because

>Women

What do you expect?
>>
>>72124494
>>>/v/
>>>/r9k/
baldlet virgins are not welcome here
>>
>>72124660
Well it is kind of true. Troi episodes, Kira episodes, Beverly episodes, Janeway episodes.

The only exception seems to be Seven of Nine.
>>
>>72124494
>So why, for every Star Trek series, were female crew member episodes always the worst?

Certainly not true with Voyager or Enterprise. While Janeway was seriously inconsistently written character, pretty much all of best episodes of Voyager revolve around her, 7 of 9 or both. Same thing with Enterprise and T'pol.
>>
>>72124494
Seven of Nine Episodes were among the best in Voyager
>>
>>72124879
>>>72124660
>Well it is kind of true.
Most of them are bad but they all have good episodes:
>Troi episodes
Face of the Enemy
>Kira episodes
Duet
>Beverly episodes
Attached
>Janeway episodes.
Counterpoint
>>
voyager had worse male characters by far:

fucking neelix
fucking harry kim
le mystical injun man
>>
T'Pol's episodes in Enterprise, especially dealing with her quote "Vulcan mind rape" I guess was interesting, on how she advocated not to talk about it as there is a "Stigma" (indicated by the episode's name) to it.

It seems a bit of a feminist-rape-PC-crap at first, but it turned into a interesting episode on how T'pol dealt with it.
>>
Forgot to add to my original post, >>72125465
that this anon >>72124881 is correct. The female leads in both of the shows were actually pretty good. Never saw a bad episode with T'pol or Janeway while watching either shows.
>>
File: image.jpg (74 KB, 850x604) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74 KB, 850x604
>>72124494
>>72124879
One of the best TNG episodes is a troi episode
>>
>>72125516
Totally forgot about that episode.

That is a great episode indeed anon.
>>
Dunno, OP. Why, for every day's posting on /tv/, are the threads whinging about women always the worst? Were you made to dress in one of those faggy-assed old sailor suits by your childhood nanny?
>>
File: empath.jpg (2 MB, 4096x5604) Image search: [Google]
empath.jpg
2 MB, 4096x5604
>>
>>72124494
Do you think she liked it Greek?
>>
>>72124494
So why, for every Star Trek series, there was one female crew member who got her own special uniform?
>>
>>72125626
nice b00bs
>>
>>72125662

Marina Sirtis didn't like it either and was constantly asking the same question.
>>
>>72125662
Would T'pol count?
>>
>>72125662
Only three women characters I can think of who did not have special uniforms was Jadiza, Kira and Janeway.

T'pol had her Vulcan uniform till, if I remember correctly, all the way till the beginning of the third season then she got her special Starfleet-Vulcan-female uniform. Lol. Probably did it to increase ratings and to keep her beauty. But, I remember one time she was in the jumpsuit to ambush some Macos when Archer was losing his mind over some Xinidi bug hatchery.
>>
>>72126008
Yes
>>
>>72125565
Because they had to cover her assesses>>72125626 in that one and she actually had to act.
>>
>>72125021
>Janeway episodes.
>Counterpoint

Omega directive, Flashback, Relativity, Scientific Method...

She was captain and by defaul involved a lot in all episodes,

>>72125064
>fucking neelix

Fully agreed.

>fucking harry kim

I think Harry who? is the issue here. Mostly just so forgettable character. He still had quite a lot of screen time in some of best episodes of Voyager. Non Sequitur and Timeless for example.

>le mystical injun man

Like Harry he is usually just bland character, but like Harry he tends to be in major role in many of good episodes. With him there are lots of shitty episoded that revolve around him, most of mystical injun episodes fall under this category.

>>72125493

Fun thing with Voyager is that there are good episodes with both "fuck the rules" and "but 'muh prime directive" Janeway.

>>72125662

TOS and DS9 had none. Voyager had two, but Kes was killed off once 7 of 9 was introduced to show due to budget limitations. They were going to kill off Harry, but he had selected by some more influential than most celebrity gossip rags as 25th or so sexiest guy in TV and cinema.

>>72126008

She and 7 of 9 pretty much define this issue. There a single episode where T'pol wears same uniforms as other Vulcans. Carbon Creek. In that episode all Vulcans wear skin tight leather. With 7 of 9 that happens in Relativity.

>>72126046
>Only three women characters I can think of who did not have special uniforms was Jadiza, Kira and Janeway.

Crusher, Pulaski or whatever that other TNG doctor was, B'elana, both iterations of Dax... it's easier to list who had fan service uniforms.

T'pol, 7 of 9 and Troi. Kes had different uniform, but that wasn't really as obvious fan service.
>>
>>72126860

>Crusher, Pulaski or whatever that other TNG doctor was, B'elana, both iterations of Dax... it's easier to list who had fan service uniforms.

Those totally slipped my mind. I can definitely agree though. lol
>>
>>72127092

Also there are tons of recurring and throw away starfleet officers. All of 'em have normal uniforms.

When it comes to 7 of 9. IMHO she is more qt in regular science branch uniform.
>>
>>72127263

I can agree with that.

That reminded me that I meant to say in my post on T'pol in hatcery being in the Enterprise jumpsuit that she looked pretty cute also.
>>
There were good jadzia episodes

kira had a few as well
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.