[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Small Soldiers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
Watched this for the first time. All this time I thought the Commando Elite were the good guys based on the promotional materials.
>>
DID YOU ORDER THE RODEO BURGER?!
>>
>>71493453
They all look evil as fuck. Only the leader looks remotely neutral and honestly he's got that "emotionless leader willing to do anything to win" vibe about him
>>
>>71493453
I saw it in theatres but when the toys and shit came out I thought the same thing

Hell even after I saw the movie all my burger king toy adventures the cammandoes were ALWAYS the good guys and they wrekt gorgonite ass
>>
>>71493453
Did they do the toys for the movie with stop-animation or what? For a children's movie it has aged pretty good I must say.
>>
>>71493683
they're little plastic men, easy to render with 90s cgi.
>>
>>71493721
Yeah, I just remembered the crazy gorgonite that had the spin move. Still, aged pretty well though being cgi.
>>
>>71493787
I think they used quite a bit of practicals in that.

also, it's hilarious how the CEO bigwig in the movie isn't even really that bad of a guy, he wanted better toys and not to bullshit kids with false promises, yeah the military chips were a bad call, but he actually owned up to it and offered compensation.
>>
>>71493683
They did half and half for the toy effects, them being little plastic robots also helped the effects age fairly well
>>
As a kid, I cried when the Commando Elite lost. I was inconsolable for weeks. Honestly, that was when I became a racist. The filthy subhuman mutants defeating a strong militaristic heavily-white force? Fuck that shit.
>>
I remember watching that movie as a little kid and thought the commandos were the heroes since, well, soldiers are cool, and whatever the monsters were called were the bad guys since, well, monsters are the bad guys.
>>
>>71493453
They were.
>>
>>71493969
>The filthy subhuman mutants defeating a strong militaristic heavily-white force? Fuck that shit.

Well to be fair Chip Hazard was betrayed by the very people he was trying to protect, he straight up beat Archer in a 1v1.

>your face when Chip Hazard was a proto-Colonel Quaritch
>>
>>71493969
Soldier, their memories will live on.
>>
>>71493453
They are the good guys though
>>
wtf i hate soldiers now!
>>
>>71493453
>It's a 'Joe Dante remakes Gremlins using action figures' episode
>>
The ending to this movie is literally the ending to Transformers (2007)
>>
who else popped a boner during the mutilated barbie scene?
>>
File: 220px-Bioniclemask.jpg (18 KB, 220x308) Image search: [Google]
220px-Bioniclemask.jpg
18 KB, 220x308
ITT essential /toykino/?
>>
>>71494382

Fuck you're actually right.

>evil robot has good robot on the ropes
>human MC zaps the fuck out of the evil robot killing him
>>
File: 1464147423040-sp.png (41 KB, 489x479) Image search: [Google]
1464147423040-sp.png
41 KB, 489x479
>>71494471
>mfw that gay as fuck hippy green guy
>>
>>71494489
Main kid's dad is played by the same guy that played Shia's dad too

HOLY SHIT
>>
File: 1460829216569-tv.png (48 KB, 350x339) Image search: [Google]
1460829216569-tv.png
48 KB, 350x339
>monsters are afraid to fight
>they finally fight
>They're OP as fuck
>>
>WE'VE MET THE ENEMY, AND THEY ARE LARGE
classic
>>
>that scene with the franken-barbies and they're all wearing s&m shit
>>
MINE'S GIZMO
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QATlDp60hV4
Never knew Stan Winston's Creature Shop made the animatronic versions of the toys
>>
>>71494408
>>71495000
Yes, plus qt 16yo K-Dunst
>>
>>71494643
Lol I have never seen a better text accompanyment for that pic before well done fair anon well done
>>
The whole film is a metaphor for the Vietnam war
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.