[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does everyone both in-universe and outofuniverse act as if
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 173
Thread images: 22
File: image.jpg (100 KB, 631x620) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
100 KB, 631x620
Why does everyone both in-universe and outofuniverse act as if Lyanna Stark was a pure, unjustly treated martyred paragon of virtue? Everyone in books talks about her beauty etc..., everyone on the show (Ned,Robert,Sansa,Dany all speak only good things of her, and heck, even LF seemed sad in the crypts where she was buried)

So, I will say it and finally get it off my chest:Lyanna Stark was a cunt. Quite possibly the biggest cunt in the whole ASOIAF saga.

>Broke her promise to marry the Lord of a Great House notoriously known for fighting and whos house words were "ours is the fury".
>Caused her brother and fathers death by running off with pretty boy rhaegar and dissappearing

shes LITERALLY the Sansa Stark of her generation
>>
>>71423761
well I'm not going to bother defending the show, but in the books it's at least somewhat understandable because she's only around 16 years old. She clearly was never attracted to Robert in the first place and was only matched with him because her father wanted political alliances.

if anyone was a cunt it was easily Rhaegar. He seduced some 16 year old girl based on nothing but crazed prophecies, even though he was already married with 2 children and was the heir to the Throne.
>>
>>71423960
>She clearly was never attracted to Robert in the first place and was only matched with him because her father wanted political alliances.
no evidence to support this yet. rhaegar kidnapping and raping her is still a strong possibility
>>
>>71423761
Because she was kidnapped and died.
Even our news does that now.
>>
>>71424007
There was never a mention about "not bring attracted to Robert" in the books, she told Ned that she was worried Robert "wouldnt keep to one bed".

Then, like the hypocritical conniving little cunt she was, she ran off with Rhaegar and cheated on Robet first. IRONY
>>
>>71423761
>Why does everyone both in-universe and outofuniverse act as if Lyanna Stark was a pure, unjustly treated martyred paragon of virtue?
Maybe because she was the catalyst of the massive war a generation ago that brought down the most powerful dynasty in Westeros? Why wouldn't the victors depict her in the most positive, martyred viewpoint they could? To not do would be to reduce the legitimacy of their reasons for the war.

Why are GoT viewers and readers so fucking dense? This series is not complicated about motivations and political machinations.
>>
test
>>
>>71423761
Why does Rhaegar's father kill her father and brother anyways? Doesn't make sense if he knows his son ran off with intent to marry.
>>
>>71424193
Wow, what a bitch. I'm convinced. Fuck Lyanna
>>
>>71424372

His son was already married.
>>
>>71424372
Because he was insane, there was no other reason. Just another straw that broke the stags back.
>>
She was a stupid slut.
>Robert will probably cheat on me so I'll cheat on him first!
>>
>>71424450
But Targaryeans support polygamy so why the problem?
>>
>at a big tourney
>Rhaegar wins the bout against Arthur Dayne (aka, Dayne took a dive)
>instead of riding up to his wife, he gives Lyanna a token
>everyone is pissed off
>Lyanna either completely misses the fact that everyone is pissed off or doesn't care
>runs off with him anyway

She was a cunt.
>>
File: image.png (584 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
image.png
584 KB, 512x512
>>71424542
Your father was a cunt
>>
File: 1309285168077.png (4 KB, 290x270) Image search: [Google]
1309285168077.png
4 KB, 290x270
>>71424949
Yeah, he was.
>>
>>71423761

> Broke her promise

What is a betrothal. It's her and Rhaegars fault yes, but they ran away for love, not some purposeful malicious reason. Retard.
>>
>>71424542
literally fuck you. if someone told me i wasnt allowed to marry someone because they didnt approve of it i would tell them to go fuck themselves CUNT

based lyanna
>>
>>71424511
Targs were all about keeping the bloodline pure. The mad king didn't want his family polluted work northern filth
>>
File: dy.jpg (72 KB, 1000x500) Image search: [Google]
dy.jpg
72 KB, 1000x500
>>71425142
you GO girl
>>
>>71425142
Noone cares,she has a duty to her House.

>inb4 any dumb feminist response, men are forced into marriages just as often as women in this universe
>>
>>71424372
Aerys at this point was super paranoid and trusted nobody, he also suspected Rhaegar was plotting treason against him along with everybody else. His son liking a girl wouldn't in anyway endear her or her family to him.
>>
>>71425142
Nobody cares who the fuck you marry because you're an irrelevant peasant piece of shit. Lyanna is the daughter of an ancient and powerful noble house, they typically marry for political reasons in order to insure the survival of the dynasty. Not just the women, the men too. When you belong to a powerful family, the needs of the family come first. Not just marriages either, you give your entire life to the advancement of your house: you train in statecraft and war solely to be of benefit to your house. You wanted to be a poet or a baker or some shit? Too bad, motherfucker. You're born into leadership, so you have to lead no matter what.
>>
>>71425387
Too bad her nephew was a shit about this too
>>
I bet it was Bran who told Rhaegar about his son Jon being Azor Ahai and that he has to fuck Lyanna
>>
>>71423761
I like her nose so much, it is literally perfect
>>
Everyone in the books had a reason to paint her as the perfect creature. She was Ned's sister, of course he is going to say she was a sweat angel.

In my family a similar situation occurred almost 100 years ago. Someone in the family hired some Mexican workers. The wife was "kidnapped" by one of the Mexicans and taken to Mexico. Her brother, father, husband, and uncle all went down to Mexico to rescue her. They came back empty handed because the Mexican "brainwashed her into falling in love with him" and she had his baby because he "raped her". Ask any family member old enough to remember it and they will tell you, "she was just a beautiful sweet girl and that monster manipulated her". To everyone else it's obvious she was just a slut who ran off with some hot foreign dude.
>>
>>71425387
im rhaegar and i fuck whatever hot slut i want mothafucka
>>
>be snow princess of house Stark
>spend all day playing in the dirt and wearing shit covered tunics because it's the Middle Ages
>father arranges I marry some steroided drunkard manwhore I have only met once
>go on vacation to the capital city
>the crown prince and literally most handsome man in the world asks me back to his place

Implying she was kidnapped
>>
>>71424193
It's funny because she was literally the only woman Robert ever loved, and because of her he became a womanizing fatso.
>>
>>71423761
>Everyone in books talks about her beauty
She actually wasn't supposed to be that hot.
>>
>>71423761
I agree. All the lives lost, because of two fools. Fuck her.
>>
File: 1466240506178.png (764 KB, 1024x574) Image search: [Google]
1466240506178.png
764 KB, 1024x574
>>71425387
>>71425142
This is super true and underrated.

Listen, being an Aristocrat has its upsides. You know, you never have to work a day in your life, you get literally whatever you want whenever you want it, you can kill normies on a whim because you don't think they bowed deeply enough when you rode by, etc.

The one cost to this is that your life doesn't belong to you. Your life belongs to your House and to the Realm. For men, that means you go to war when the Boss calls. For women, that means you marry some other Aristocrat to help prevent war and strengthen alliances.

The idea of some princess literally getting MILLIONS of people killed because she can't bear the idea of living her life of absolute privilege in one house instead of another is positively blood-boiling. You have ONE duty in your ENTIRE life, and that's fucking who you're told to fuck. Every single commonborn woman in the kingdom would gladly trade places with you if they could. A peasant girl would marry Tyrion Lannister if it meant she didn't have to live in a mud hut and thresh wheat for a living. We know this because ONE OF THEM DID IT.

You should not only be willing, you should be grateful. You should be grateful that you were arranged to marry a fucking Duke or whatever instead of being free to marry a shit-hauler or a weaver or a miller. You should get on your knees and praise God every day of your life that you live in a patriarchal aristocracy where that freedom was stripped from you and replaced with a guarantee of wealth, splendor and comfort.

The sheer delusion of cunts is mind-boggling.
>>
>>71426728
true, but the blame should really go to Rhaegar, not Lyanna

Rhaegar knew exactly what he was doing. He gave her the token right in front of the whole crowd of most of the nobles in Westeros. Right in front of her betrothed, her father, and his own wife. He knew exactly what the consequences were. Lyanna was a dumb 16 year old girl who was just given a token by the literal Crown Prince, and supposedly best looking man of all time. He literally even played her a super sad song on his fucking harp. of course she was going to run off with him.

And even if she didn't want to, what choice did she have? Refuse the Prince, the second most powerful man in the Realm? the man whose father is generally known to be crazy and into burning people alive?
>>
I like to think it was Arthur Dayne that knocked her up. .....I'll see myself out.
>>
>>71427002
>>71423960
This. Rhaegar is a massive cunt.
>>
>anyone defending Lyanna's and Rhaegar's actions
>ever

They were selfish assholes just like Robb Stark was.

Fuck them.
>>
>>71426728
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAryFIuRxmQ

Agreed
...and Rhaegar is also a piece of shit.
>>
>>71424372
Because he's insane.
>>
File: aisling1.jpg1.jpg (42 KB, 620x899) Image search: [Google]
aisling1.jpg1.jpg
42 KB, 620x899
>>71427002
And he risked it all for this face.
>>
>>71427002
But this doesn't allow nearly as much whining about how evil women are
>>
>>71427002
16 is basically an adult in those times. You were raised to make adult decisions about your house and you are an adult. Of course, you should be expected to act like an adult.
The blame is on both of them. They are both retarded.
>>
>>71427236
she's cute please frick off
>>
>>71427872
exactly.
I mean, look at lady Mormont.
btw, is she Jorah's daughter? or niece?
>>
>>71428022
Niece
>>
Do people still think she was kidnapped and raped? The shows never showed it but Bran had visions of them flirting and them getting married.
>>
>>71425171
So he wanted Dorne filth instead?
Rhaegar's wife was a sandnigger.
>>
>>71428022
>>71428044
Shes his cousin.
>>
>>71426567
That's just an excuse.
>>
>>71424372
Bran made him crazy with his time loop warging.
>>
File: 1466303858152.jpg (216 KB, 715x711) Image search: [Google]
1466303858152.jpg
216 KB, 715x711
>Why does everyone both in-universe and outofuniverse act as if Lyanna Stark was a pure, unjustly treated martyred paragon of virtue?

Because history is written by the victors.

Thats how Robert made Lyanna to be, thats how she was in his mind, and thats how she made the idea of her to everyone

Robert loved the hunt, he loved the chase, but he is bored of the capture, Lyanna by no means is perfect, everything Robert knew about her is exaggerated, Lyanna was the one who got away, and he never got a chance to chase and hunt Lyanna, which is his metaphorical boar

Robert was inlvoe with the idea of Lyanna, but he's only "in-love" because she was the one thing he never actually got.

If were going with metaphorical nature, The only reason why Robert is so buttmad and rode to war for Lyanna is because somebody stole his kill, his capture

tldr, Lyanna a sloot
>>
>>71423960
>and was only matched with him because her father wanted political alliances.
that was her duty, this is not the 2016. People had arranged marriages a few decades ago.
>>
>tfw you got the idea from /tv/ that Jon is an incest baby born from Ned and Lyanna
Thanks, lads. I'm spreading it.
>>
Lyanna is just a dumb cunt who caused Based Bobby suffering.
>>
>>71423960

Wasn't Rhaegar in his 30s? This is fucked up.
>>
>>71428788
He was 24 when he died.
>>
>>71428818

Well that's slightly better then.
>>
>>71428846
>implying there is something wrong with fucking a 16 year old, especially in ye olde times
>>
>>71426222
Sweat angel. Americans are so fucking dumb.
>>
>>71428788
>it's wrong for a fully grown man to have a sexual relationship with a fully grown woman
It's times like these that I'm glad that I live in an uncucked country where the age of consent is 14
>>
>>71424493
It was an arranged marriage. Just because Robert loved her doesn't mean she felt the same.

The way I see it younger Robert was the equivalent of a medieval violent jock type and Rhaegar had a pretty face and preferred singing over fighting which Lyanna probably found more attractive.

If a girl had to choose between brutish Robert or chivalrous Rhaegar, it's obvious which is more preferable.
>>
>>71428983
Rhaegar was also supposed to be hot shit, even Cersei says that Rhaegar was even better looking than Jamie.
>>
>>71428983

young robert was a baller
>>
>>71425201
Some people choose love over duty. It got them both killed, but that was the risk they took.
>>
>>71426503
She wasn't kidnapped for sure. Can't blame her for running away from Robert. He's always been an alcoholic manwhore with a violent temper.
>>
>>71426567
He's always has that personality he just became fatter because he got older.
>>
>>71427002
So they are pretty much like Romeo and Juliet.
>>
>>71428918
>14 is fully grown

More like you're happy you can trick a naive mind into fucking you because no right woman your age would bother with your sorry ass. Fuck off, pedoshit.
>>
>>71428081
The kidnap and rape theory is just Roberts own delusions.
>>
>>71428103
He actually hated that his grandchildren were half Dornish. When he first saw baby Rhaenys he commented that she "smelled Dornish".
>>
>>71429194
Why would any man want to fuck women his own age when he has the option of legally fucking teenagers?
>>
>>71428330
This guy knows.
>>
>>71429323
because teens are fucking stupid?
>>
>>71429466
And adult women aren't?
>>
>>71429466
Since when does the intelligence of a woman affect how attractive she is to men?
>>
>>71428983
>It was an arranged marriage.
BOO FUCKING HOO

While her father burned alive and her brother choked himself trying to save him she didn't care and was taken dragon dick.

She's a cunt.
>>
>>71428330
this
>>
>>71429647
well in her defence it may have been a really good dick
>>
File: 1464386189849.jpg (128 KB, 1025x1120) Image search: [Google]
1464386189849.jpg
128 KB, 1025x1120
>>71428330
>>71426728
Pretty much all of that.
>>
>>71429666
It's a well-known fact in Westeros that all Targaryen men had micropenises.
>>
>>71429740
Robert?
>>
File: 4.png (289 KB, 493x341) Image search: [Google]
4.png
289 KB, 493x341
>>71429753
You got me.
>>
>>71428875
tbf, she was sweaty as fuck in that Tower of Joy scene.
>>
>>71423761
Because she was. If you have read the books the most beautiful woman in the world was Cersei and yet Rhaegar ignored her and chose Lyanna instead.

Keep in mind that Rhaegar was the most beautiful man in the entire world at that timem, even Cersei implied that the incest between her and Jaime wouldn't have happened if only Tywin fixed his shit and pushed for Cersei and Rhaegar's wedding because in Cersei's own words Jaime, one of the most beautiful man in Westeros, "looked like a stable boy beside Rhaegar"

And Rhaegar only married Elia because of political reasons. Now you see the most beautiful man in westeros ever choose someone else aside from the "most beautiful woman" in westeros. What else do you want to know?
>>
>>71425196
Mah feminism, stronk womens! Look at you no penis bro bro and midget man servant slave Tyrion I gots, we gonna win it alls with girl powers!
>>
Thousands died because of a slut and an autist obsessed with prophecies.
>>
>>71427236
The servant wenches watching over her looked more beautiful, I threw up a little when they showed her face.
>>
>>71430421
>a stressed woman who just went through childbirth in horrific conditions is supposed to look beautiful
>>
>>71430469
Well she shouldn't look like a pancake faced wench, the actress looks like shit in the face regardless, so your point is mute.
>>
File: bobby b.png (249 KB, 630x343) Image search: [Google]
bobby b.png
249 KB, 630x343
>>71429125
"She was the only thing I ever wanted. And all the Seven Kingdoms couldn't fill the hole she left."

>alcoholic
>manwhore
>violent

Jeez, I still fuckin' wonder why.

Newsflash to any permavirgins or internet tough bros-- most anyone you meet whos a fucking mess like Robert became, likely is that way for a reason like Lyanna. She doesn't even need to be a stacked 11/10. Just someone who made them feel a certain way.

Call me a romance fag, but every pseudo tough fag is a romance fag deep down on some level.
>>
>>71430742
What are you fucking on about?

Robert was already an alcoholic, a manwhore and a violent son of a bitch before he was bethroted to Lyanna, he already fathered a fucking bastard when he was bethroted to her

That is Robert's nature
>>
>>71430742
>alcoholic
>manwhore
>violent
>Newsflash to any permavirgins or internet tough bros-- most anyone you meet whos a fucking mess like Robert became, likely is that way for a reason like Lyanna.

Newsflash dumbass, Robert was already the things you mentioned long before he was ever inlove with Lyanna
>>
>>71423761
most people who read the books don't understand how GRRM uses unreliable narrators.
>>
>>71430884
>>71430839
Sorry if I missed these details. But going off the scene written for the show when Robert lays out his feelings for Lyanna to Cersei it really seemed to stress that she's why he's like that.

Though I have also heard that he was just down to be married into Ned's family because they were best bros. Which is why he offered Joff to Sansa to still seal the deal if Ned took the job as Hand.

I still stand by my statement about romance fags though.
>>
>>71430544
>>71430421
I think they intentionally cast someone who'd would look like they'd been pregnant and put on some weight. your expectations are the problem.
>>
>>71430933
read>>71428330
>>
>>71430959
Fair. I agree.
>>
>>71430742
Robert Baratheon was LITERALLY a clinical depressive who self-medicated with booze, feasting, tournaments and whores. he idealized Lyanna and demonized Rhaegar because of his own problems.

they even clarified it in the show by giving him a rambling depressive speech about people shitting themselves when you kill them which suggested he also had PTSD.
>>
>>71425387
>Not just marriages either, you give your entire life to the advancement of your house: you train in statecraft and war solely to be of benefit to your house.
I real that as 'You train in Starcraft and Warcraft'
>>
>>71430884
no he wasnt................................................................................
>>
>>71430951
So why didn't they get a beautiful woman, make her sit idle for 3 days drinking beer and munching down industrial size potato chip bags and all the ice cream she can eat, would have bloated up and looked like a pregnant mess but still wouldn't look like that roach bug looking slob they used.
>>
>>71428330

I didn't come to /tv/ for insightful posts.
>>
>>71428330
to add

his love for the hunt is also what got him killed
>>
File: 1467200971310.jpg (96 KB, 459x612) Image search: [Google]
1467200971310.jpg
96 KB, 459x612
>right - will get strangled by based jaime
>middle - got blown the fuck out by based cersei
>left - will go insane and someone will stab her
>>
>>71430997
>>71430884
>>71430839

So IF they decided to do a mini-series about Robert's Rebellion-- how do you think they'd handle Robert x Lyanna's relationship before all this goes down?

I mean, how does Robert convince everyone to idolize Lyanna as the Madonna to incite war against the only family that has ever ruled all 7 Kingdoms to that point?

I'm not arguing, I'm just curious as to what the expectations would be for the execution of their relationship/dynamic.
>>
>>71431075
Actually that little male fairy Lancel was feeding him a stronger wine and Robert got drunky poo more than usual, Cersai plotted the whole thing.
>>71431095
Is it how Loras was stabbing Renly, Jaimie stabs his sister for years now and she ain't dead yet.
>>
>>71428788
>Show is a fantasy medieval age
>muh fucked up
>>
>>71431128
Well to start, they would show Robert barely acknowledging Lyanna and only notices her when its too late and shes gone

>>71431140
Yes, but he did die in the hunt didnt he?
>>
>>71431039
She's not ugly anon, you might not like her but she is not ugly.
>>
>>71428330
This is the kind of discussion that's gonna end soon
>>
>>71431172
It wasn't his love for the hunt that killed him, but Cersai getting him highly intoxicated, right?
>>71431172
She's sand snake tier and not the 2 normal looking ones, the short one who has that shit grin on her face at all times, it's a coin toss between the two, 4/10 would not bang, no thanks, I pass.
>>
File: Daemon_Blackfyre[1].jpg (43 KB, 300x420) Image search: [Google]
Daemon_Blackfyre[1].jpg
43 KB, 300x420
Friendly Reminder that none of this would have happened if the rightful heirs to Westeros were in power.

The seven realms would all be gearing up together for the coming storm instead of being in complete disarray. But no, the goddamn false king and his faggot sons had to ruin everything. Also, fuck Bloodraven that fucking kinslaying, dark magic using craven
>>
>>71429320
Based Aerys
>>
>>71426728
Preach.

I have to add thought that, although lyanna and Raegars choice is infuriating stupid it is "realistic" in the way that people fell in love with those they were not suppoe too and therefor fuck up their lives and families all the time in history.
>>
>>71429047

Yeah and look where it got Robb.
>>
>lyanna most beautiful girl in the world
>arya is ugly yet is supposed to look like lyanna

explain
>>
>>71424511
They stopped with polygami because the Faith Militant crashed the kingdom until they got their way.
>>
File: Pepe_Militant.png (140 KB, 432x967) Image search: [Google]
Pepe_Militant.png
140 KB, 432x967
>>71431095
What the fuck. Danaerys is even fatter then Cersei! How the fuck is anyone supposed to believe Danaerys is a beauty when older women that have had several children are thinner.
>>
>>71431973
yeah she has fatter tits and anyone would choose emilia over lena.
>>
>>71428330
You have to remember though, Robert's head was also on the chopping block too, and it was also the reason he rode out to war against the Targs

Being executed for being engaged to a woman the Prince wants to fuck is a complete bullshit crime
>>
She's a fucking slut
>>
>>71429194
Most women have naive minds despite their age
>>
File: 1465483586525.png (215 KB, 459x462) Image search: [Google]
1465483586525.png
215 KB, 459x462
>>71430884
>Newsflash dumbass, Robert was already the things you mentioned long before he was ever inlove with Lyanna
When you're a kid and your parents drown within sight of your family home, you're gonna be a bit fucked in the head.
All the Baraboyz grew up warped. Robert the brute, Stannis the humourless uncompromising autist and Renly the faggot adrenaline junkie.
>>
>>71431973
maybe dany ate the other khals horses after she killed them
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 540x599) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 540x599
>>71428864
I'm 31 and married and have completely fallen in love with my 16 year old student. It's tearing me the fuck apart. There is nothing I can do about it though.
>>
>>71428788

How so?
>>
>>71433246
lol just wank to the thought of her and move on you fucking faggot

also fuck your wife more
>>
File: 1448581698772.gif (981 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
1448581698772.gif
981 KB, 320x180
>>71423761
Her son was going to be the chosen one. What choice did she have?
>>
>>71431917
Didn't stop the incest, I'll wager Targs wouldn't really care about the Faith if they wanted to have mroe than one wife either.
>>
File: europe-age-of-consent.jpg (140 KB, 758x646) Image search: [Google]
europe-age-of-consent.jpg
140 KB, 758x646
>>71429194
14-15 is the legal age of consent in a lot of countries, my repressed American friend.
>>
File: fhd006300_Lena_Headey_001.jpg (188 KB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
fhd006300_Lena_Headey_001.jpg
188 KB, 1920x800
>>71432194
>yeah she has fatter tits

We've seen her naked, m8. Her flapjacks are awful. Prime Lena shits all over Caloresi
>>
>>71428330
you know for a fag/got/, this is a pretty good post
>>
File: bravo lucas.png (85 KB, 241x247) Image search: [Google]
bravo lucas.png
85 KB, 241x247
>>71434889
>mfw Spain
>>
>>71435202
They changed it to 16 this year.
>>
File: Helen of Troy.jpg (14 KB, 255x383) Image search: [Google]
Helen of Troy.jpg
14 KB, 255x383
>>71427876
>>71430469
>>
>>71431228

Thank gods the story was written by a competent writer and not an autist like you.
>>
reminder that robert and rhaegar went crazy for a goblin
>>
>>71431128
Robert doesn't need to incite anyone to war

The Baratheons are in because, well. THe Starks are in because Ned and Bobby are bros4lyf, also Aerys kinda killed his dad and brother for shits and giggles. The Arryns are in because Jon Arryn is mountaindad. Tullies are in because marriage. That's four of the great houses in open revolt just because of relationships and alliances

That leaves the Lannisters (backstabbing cunts), Greyjoys (lol), Tyrells and Dorne (who cares)

Rhaegar got dealt a shitty hand by having his father burn every bridge and trying to fuck with a man's waifu because of his prophecy
>>
>>71434780
MOOOODDDDDDSSSSSSSSSS
>>
>>71423761
>running off with pretty boy rhaegar and dissappearing

She was kidnapped and raped, dude.
>>
>>71436201
Rhaegar had a prophecy? I thought GURM hated "prophecies" as plot movers?
With the exception of Cerseis, which while was true, often was self-fulfilling.
>>
>>71423761

>get married off to some musclefat dickhead because he's your brother's best friend
>see glorious Prince Rhaegar, he's into you, will make Westeros great again
>white child to offset Dornigger children and incestuous Targ madness bloodline

literally did nothing wrong
>>
>>71423761
a baratheon(with targaryen blood) + stark alliance destroyed the targaryen monarchy and now heading to the end if jon + dany is true a stark(with targaryen blood )+ targaryen will reboot a new targaryen monarchy the irony ...irony please grrm dont make dany + jon happen it would be so cliche retarded
>>
>>71430742
>>71430742

I was that way. I just wasn't that way for 17 fucking years.

Anyway, Robert would have eventually treated Lyanna like shit the same way he did Cersei. The only reason he's hung up on Lyanna is because it's the one thing denied him that he can't do anything about since she's dead.

Robert's entire manner after becoming king was basically "baby didn't get his baba so throws a 17 year tantrum about it." He was probably the kind of kid who who cry his eyes out like a little bitch every time he lost a game or competition.
>>
>>71434889

>you can fuck 14-15 year old kids in large swathes of Europe

no wonder Muslims love Europe holy shit
>>
>>71424542
I thought Ser Barrstian lost to Rhaegar
>>
>>71424949
This guy had like 2 scenes in the entire show but he nailed it. Actually managed to give Ramsay Bolton's edgy cartoon villain rule some form of legitimacy.
>>
>>71424542
Man, this sounds so much more like a classical medieval tale than what we get in the show. If the show continues its mediocre handling of some plots then I'll just want to read the books even more. Already I'm curious to see how the Dorne stuff plays out in the books just because I can't imagine it would be so devoid of any culture, interesting lore or characters as it is in the show.

In fact the whole Rhaegar thing feels like a complete nod to bookreaders only, I mean who that just watches the show actually know or give a fuck about Rhaegar. He was mentioned like once in season 1 or something.
>>
>>71428330
I can't believe we're actually getting quality posts on this board for once.
>>
>>71431168
nigga, the wine was fucked up and he didnt die hunting, he died in bed, they could give him the fucking milk of the poppy(remember arya?) but pycelle was plotting with cersei
>>
File: 1455993650639.jpg (91 KB, 629x419) Image search: [Google]
1455993650639.jpg
91 KB, 629x419
>>71431095
>Based Smirkfu, best player of the game of thrones gets rekt in a terrorist attack
>Cercei the terrorist magically gets control of the kingsguard and the city without explanation
Some shot of the Mountain having killed Tommen's guards or a scene where Cercei convinces some part of the Lannister/King's landing army stationed there that she's the ruler now.

It was all just too clean, especially since the whole idea of not antagonizing the high sparrow was that it would cause civil war, well now she angered pretty much everyone, so shouldn't there be some consequences? I mean it's not like she coordinated the whole thing with Jaime so that his army took control, he only shows up afterwards.
>>
>>71427236
Hey, at least now she looks like Arya as she's meant to.
>>
>>71428788
In a medieval society? Nigga men in their 40's were married to 12 year olds back then

The purpose of marriage was completely different in those times
>>
>>71423761
Because the only people who talk about her are people who cared about her and everybody else doesn't give enough of a shit to even remember who she was. Though I think Cersei does some pontificating on how she's a bitch as well at some point.

>>71424372
A. Aerys was an absolute madman.
B. Brandon (the brother in question) ran into the Red Keep and shouted for Rhaegar to, "Come out and die." Even if Aerys wasn't completely mental calling out for the prince's death in his own home isn't going to end well for you. But Aerys was completely mental, so naturally he killed his father and all his m8s and decided to try and kill his little brother and his m8 too.
>>
File: Maeky Maek.jpg (19 KB, 200x191) Image search: [Google]
Maeky Maek.jpg
19 KB, 200x191
>>71431228
Fucking shits leave
>>
>>71438077

Dorne is actually interesting in the books. Danny chapters are even worse than in the show.

The show is just a poor ripoff of the books at this point the way they just shuttle characters around to hit certain plot points without taking logic into account. I know you have to cut it way down for time but the writers are the laziest cunts in the world.
>>
>>71423761
I just don't get how she was the source of a war that caused deaths of hundreds of thousands? She's supposed to be this one in a million beauty that steals the heart of kings but she's portrayed as a very plain girl, even whores in the show are hotter
>>
>itt: faggots who haven't read the books and judge lyanna by the show

yeah she was pretty ugly in the show but in the books through the words of some characters she's literally the incarnation of the goddess of love and beauty(as confirmed by rhaegar giving her the wreath and kidnapping her ala paris style), except for kevan because he's a faggot.
>>
>>71436709
yes Rhaegar believed in the whole "Prince that was Promised" prophecy, as well as "The Dragon must have 3 heads" so he needed a third child. His wife Elia couldn't have anymore after their second kid Aegon, so he decides to go with the whole "Ice and Fire" thing and seduce Lyanna.

>>71436911
pretty much this. Lyanna herself was worried Robert "would never keep to one bed" as he was a well known philanderer already. He even had a bastard daughter in the vale by then.
>>
>>71440936
She wasn't even the source of the war. Aerys was fucking mental, that was the source. It went like this,

>Rhaegar and Lyanna disappear
>Brandon hears Rhaegar kidnapped her, runs to the Red Keep and demands blood
>Aerys takes Brandon prisoner, calls for Rickard (Papa Stark) to come to King's Landing to discuss the situation, then he kills them both and everyone who came with Brandon
>Starks have alliances with the Arryns and the Baratheons
>Demands Jon Arryn (Lord of the Vale, father of sickly kid) hand over Ned Stark and Robert Baratheon, who he is raising
>Jon Arryn refuses, gives the two kids swords, and declares war against the throne

If Aerys didn't kill Brandon and Rickard, if he didn't demand Ned and Robert be handed over to him, there would have been no war. She didn't start the war because she was a beauty unparalleled, the war started because her brother was hot-tempered and Aerys was a lunatic.
>>
>>71423960
>only matched with him because her father wanted political alliances.
Surely he'd have been better marrying her off the the future king.
>>
>>71441192
This. But you have to admit a war was coming with how Aerys was acting during that time, even if Rhaegar didn't abduct Lyanna, he might've burned anyone who came near him even those who he kept close to him like Pycelle, Varys, and Jaime. Imagine him burning Jaime, the Lannisters would've went to war too.
>>
>>71434823
Considering a king died and nearly the entire kingdom was destroyed during the war between the faith and Maegor the cruel, yeah they do care.
>>
>>71441292
Hence Aerys was a lunatic. Although you have to remember that when Arryn declared war he had the entire Vale, the entire North, most of the Riverlands, and all the Stormlands behind him. That's most of the continent. If it was the Lannisters, Dorne and the Reach would still ally with the crown and everywhere else has no connection to them at all so whether they'd even care about Jaime dying or whether they'd side with Aerys simply because they'd not want him going after them next is up in the air.
>>
>>71441674
During that time peace within the houses was maintained and if the Southron Ambitions is true, Tywin could surely call upon the others to revolt and fasten the plans of dethroning Aerys.

Though if it isn't, I still doubt Tywin would just let it pass as if nothing happened. He can pay most of the Kingdoms to rally behind him.
>>
>>71441920
Even if the theory of Southron Ambitions is true, Tywin is not a part of it. It was only between Stark, Tully, Arryn, and Baratheon.
>>
>>71441920
If any of that was true then Tywin would have both secured an alliance with the Reach and immediately sided with the others against Aerys instead of sitting back and doing nothing until the very end.
>>
>>71433246
Kill yourself
>>
>>71431095
Jim and Sansa Wil globally he the true rulers. Bran will be the word fortune teller priest. Arya will be the sibling hlwhi goes to fight off and does her own thing. Tyrion will be a trusted advisor, and Jamie will get a high position or some thing. The rest can go fuck off
>>
>>71428585
and?

would you give a flying fuck about your duty at 16?

why would she?
>>
>>71441192
To be fair, going and threatening the crown prince probably isn't something you should do in earshot of someone called "the Mad King"
>>
>>71441260
The future king was already married with two kids.
>>
>>71434889
whelp off to ibiza then
Thread replies: 173
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.