[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Batman v Superman Discussion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 51
File: Batman_v_Superman_poster.jpg (124 KB, 257x380) Image search: [Google]
Batman_v_Superman_poster.jpg
124 KB, 257x380
It was pretty good (my favorite superhero movie since Raimi hung it up), but I have a few questions.

>How did Lex know about Superman's identity/relationships?
>How come no one in the Pentagon/U.S. government thought to access the ship by using Zod's fingerprints before Lex did?
>How did Superman know Batman's identity (called him "Bruce")?
>How did Lois know she had to find the spear? Why did she chuck it in the first place?
>How did Superman hear Lois pounding amidst all the other noise?
>How was Superman able to fly while wielding the kyrptonite spear? Isn't he weakened as soon as he's in proximity to it? Otherwise, why did Lois throw it away before, after which he was immediately able to stand up?

All in all, it's a solid 6.5/10, maybe 7. Relatively flat characters (they don't need to change, but exploring their personalities more would've been nice), questionable decision-making, significant plot holes, and forced levity (Martha Kent joking about the cape) took away from it.
>>
As far as I know he learned both their identities prior to the films beginning. Remember Lois learned Clarks identity with basic journalism powers.
>>
>>71413705

Yeah, sweeping over explicit plot development regarding the discovery of different characters' alter egos is by far the most forgivable issue.
>>
>>71413543
Bvs is garbage.

Ur garbage if u reply.
>>
>>71413860

Appreciate the bump.
>>
the ingredients for a competent film are there but what we got is complete shit

scrap justice league, redo batman v superman
>>
>>71413860
behold, I am Ur-Garbage
>>
ITT: people who unironically enjoyed Civil War and Deadpool
>>
>>71413979

Is there much of a difference between ironic and unironic enjoyment if the net result is enjoyment?
>>
>>71413543
>mfw Rorsarch cameos in Batmans fight scene at the end
>>
>>71414022
I'd probably stipulate that "fans" of civil war and deadpool probably didn't actually like the movie
>>
>>71413543
UC literally blows the fuck outta drones, Marvel drones
>>
File: IF U SEEK2.webm (3 MB, 1916x796) Image search: [Google]
IF U SEEK2.webm
3 MB, 1916x796
It was a good film. Flaws, here and there, maybe, but still a good film. Snyder's progressed in my eyes from MoS a lot.
>>
All the Batman stuff was good all the Superman stuff was bad

Batman was pure kino
>>
>>71413543
>Luthor is a genius and is watching other metahumans, so Snyder felt there was no need to show how he learned that exactly
>huh
>He put it together after the party, may have used x-ray vision in the "do you meme" scene
>Lois needed to be relevant in the climax, no matter how retarded the means
>Superman's super hearing can hear anything, except for his mother
>given that the kryptonite gas took his powers away immediately, it would seem solid kryptonite is less potent, somehow
>>
>>71413543
>>How did Lex know about Superman's identity/relationships?
i believe the straightest path is a pretty little road called lois lane
>>How did Superman know Batman's identity (called him "Bruce")?
noticed him up to shit in the party
put two and two together annddd
>>How did Lois know she had to find the spear? Why did she chuck it in the first place?
she threw it away to hide it/get rid of it
she gets the spear because she's watching the fight a few hundred feet away
there's an explosion and it cuts to her watching the explosion then cuts to her pensive face after which she turns around and goes for the spear
>>How did Superman hear Lois pounding amidst all the other noise?
seriously
>>How was Superman able to fly while wielding the kyrptonite spear? Isn't he weakened as soon as he's in proximity to it? Otherwise, why did Lois throw it away before, after which he was immediately able to stand up?
he was weakened, it's not absolutely and totally debilitating
>>
>Why does Lois Lane throw away a spear that a Robot Bat Human hybrid was just using to try to kill the love of her life.

hmm
>>
>>71414252
>>Superman's super hearing can hear anything, except for his mother

to be fair, Lois was way closer than his mother who usually lives in another state, I get that All Star Superman had a scene where Clark couldn't hear Pa's heartbeat but he was again at least in the general vicinity.
>>
>How did Lex know about Superman's identity/relationships?
He knows all the identities of all the other heroes. Why wouldn't he know the identities of Batman and Superman? Also, the "straightest path in a triangle" thing wasn't meaningless.

>How come no one in the Pentagon/U.S. government thought to access the ship by using Zod's fingerprints before Lex did?
They probably wanted to keep the specimen whole, and not damage it in any way, shape, or form. You can experiment on animals/humans because, at the end of the day, we are disposable. They only had 1 Kryptonian specimen.

>How did Superman know about Batman's identity?
X-Ray Vision.

>How did Lois know she had to find the spear? Why did she chuck it in the first place?
Most likely off-screen. It's stupid and is actually my only gripe at all with the Ultimate Cut. Or maybe she realized it was Kryptonian. That's what I'm going with. She chucked it because she wanted it to be gone, away from Superman forever.

>How did Superman hear Lois pounding amidst all the other noise?
Super hearing. He can pick apart tons of sounds.

>How was Superman able to fly while wielding the kryptonite spear? Isn't he weakened as soon as he's in proximity to it? Otherwise, why did Lois throw it away before, after which he was immediately able to stand up?
He was flying very low and close to the ground when he was flying. It showed that his powers are compromised. Therefore, he was weakened. Lois threw it away to keep it away from Superman. He was able to stand up after she threw it away because it was out of his proximity for a long time.

I'm not a shill or a DCuck, just trying to provide some answers. If I'm wrong about any of this, please say something.
>>
File: BvS there's no such thing as.webm (2 MB, 1024x424) Image search: [Google]
BvS there's no such thing as.webm
2 MB, 1024x424
>>
really good movie, surprisingly.

>>71414655
that was actually spooky
>>
File: BvS Knight Rider.webm (2 MB, 1280x530) Image search: [Google]
BvS Knight Rider.webm
2 MB, 1280x530
>>
File: BvS Hook shot.webm (3 MB, 1280x530) Image search: [Google]
BvS Hook shot.webm
3 MB, 1280x530
>>
>>71413543
I don't get the hate, yeah it's not perfect but none of the fucking marvel movies are any better in that regard, they are all kinda on the same level and no one shits on them as much, plus this one looked much better than your average marvel movie, fuck maybe all the nuts are right and disney really is paying off critics
>>
File: BvS Rubber bullets.webm (3 MB, 1280x530) Image search: [Google]
BvS Rubber bullets.webm
3 MB, 1280x530
>>
Just saw the ultimate edition and honestly I think I preferred some the theatrical cut. Felt like they let scenes out like batman finding out who superman was. This scene wasn't even in the ultimate edition, why?
>>
>>71414980
Or maybe you have a minority opinion and should stop fixating on what other people like you cuck.
>>
why do Kryptonians speak english?
>>
>>71415033

Batman never found out about Superman's real identity was til Lois ran up and told him about Martha.

Batman didn't even know or CARE that he had one.

>>71415069

it had access to knowledge from 10,000 different worlds, plus it probably scanned the only living lifeform in the room, a human. why it didn't speak Mandarin who knows
>>
Ultimate cut was much better than the theatrical version.

None of the abrupt cuts, scenes weren't jig sawed from their order and it made the Africa scene which became a crucial set piece for the events of the movie actually make sense this time around. Also explains in the large number of additional scenes how Lex's plan worked overall
>>
File: BvS mind your head.webm (2 MB, 1280x530) Image search: [Google]
BvS mind your head.webm
2 MB, 1280x530
>>
>>71415143

they spoke English in MoS
>>
File: BvS Carl Gustav ain't shit.webm (3 MB, 1280x530) Image search: [Google]
BvS Carl Gustav ain't shit.webm
3 MB, 1280x530
>>
>>71415143
>Batman never found out about Superman's real identity was til Lois ran up and told him about Martha.
If I remember correctly there was a scene in the theatrical cut where batman tails superman back to his apartment. This scene was not in the ultimate edition and it's quite sad since it was a pretty good scene.
>>
>>71414680
I'll add to what you said which I think is pretty much spot on.

>Fingerprints
Also, he used the kryptonite to get the fingerprints, which means they probably didn't have a way to extract it even if they wanted to.

>Why did she chuck spear?
Unfortunately, this was a scene where the symbolism they wanted to get was pretty cool but how they went about it was pretty lame. The religious symbolism behind it was they wanted to basically purify the spear, whereas before it was going to be used for evil (Batman killing Superman), now it would be used for good (killing Doomsday). The problem obviously was that it ended up just making Lois look like an idiot.

>Hear Lois
They established in MoS that he can pick and choose what his super sense take in.
>>
ultimate cut version is greatest kino of all time, better than TDK, just watched it, they are very close though
>>
>>71415280

>If I remember correctly there was a scene in the theatrical cut where batman tails superman back to his apartment.

No, you could only be thinking of that part in Superman Animated Series, that never happened in any cut.
>>
>>71414989
>:18
I swear there is a spray of blood.
>>
>>71415033
>>71415280
>batman tails superman back to his apartment
no such thing in either version brah, sorry
>>
>>71415365
>>71415405
>Superman Animated Series
Oh damn ye, you're actually right. Got it mixed up.
>>
>>71415365
Is the cape like a tail? He's not going fast but the thing is crazy waving.
>>
is the extended edition with the extra scenes out today? is it up on torrent sites?
>>
Oh this whol edition was bad, I thought there was going to be more fight scenes and agression but the onyl reason it's rated R is because that one guy said FUCK, are you kidding me?!!

All this false marketing about how it's more brutal!?

Literally the fights are the same and no extra action it's all exposition. Im glad this got the hate it deserved it 2bh
>>
File: BvS Bat gon give it to ya.webm (3 MB, 1024x424) Image search: [Google]
BvS Bat gon give it to ya.webm
3 MB, 1024x424
>>
>>
File: 1459594871495.png (154 KB, 430x540) Image search: [Google]
1459594871495.png
154 KB, 430x540
>>71415552

cool story marvel shill

It's amazing, and explains everything, but nice copy pasta
>>
>>
>>71414252
>>71414323
>>71414680
>>71415306
fucks sake guys
she chucks the spear to hide it, and she gets it back because she sees shit popping from a distance and puts two and two together

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrKeWVixoxI

go to :25 when we see an explosion caused by clark tackling doomsday, after which there is a cut to lois looking on to these events then looking down and away, in a typical processing type of expression
the camera then cuts behind her as she turns and runs when we see the explosion somewhere around a mile away
>>
>>
File: BvS Prodigy.webm (752 KB, 1280x530) Image search: [Google]
BvS Prodigy.webm
752 KB, 1280x530
>>
>>71415553
Fuck you /tv/. I can't watch that scene now without seeing laughing Evans.
>>
>>71414252
>it would seem solid kryptonite is less potent, somehow

Not less potent, it was just outside his system.

i.e. If you were to inhale, idk yellowcake for instance, it would be more a lot more damaging then sitting next to a uranium rock.
>>
>>71415597
is that the extended edition?
if i remember right it seems there's extra standup blows from batman before he grabs his throat
>>
>>
>>71413705
yet Batman doesnt know Superman's real identity

fuck this movie
>>
>>71414200
more gay cristian sentimentality bullshit
>>
>>71415552
It's Rated R because of the added brutality in that one Batman scene, the blood in the water of the Steppenwolf scene, and some minor shots of Doomsday.
>>
>>71415828

>wtf are you implying of course he knows who he is

you didn't watch it did you ;p
>>
File: BvS robocop.webm (3 MB, 1024x424) Image search: [Google]
BvS robocop.webm
3 MB, 1024x424
>>
>>71415792
there's literally two punches and one extra throw, im not paying for this shit i was hyped but there's nothing new

all the extra footage of clark is made up of like 30 secs here and there of small talk there's not quality dialogue from him, he even phones home wakes his mother up asks aher a question and jumps to next scene, or goes gotham asks for a person talks to random for 10 seconds goes to next scene, this happens like 100 times more with all the other characters and literally nothing else happens its fucking shit, im pissed beyond belief right now
>>
>>71415932
Wow fucking savage that's really going to taumatise me.... fuck sakes they could have at least added some brutality to the fight scene fucking throwing him doesnt make it an R
>>
>>71415828
I thought he knew until the Martha scene... Maybe he just didn't know his parents name?
The whole "I bet your parents taught you that you mean something..." spiel heavily implies he knows at least a decent chunk about his upbringing though
>>
File: Marvelfags.png (169 KB, 679x864) Image search: [Google]
Marvelfags.png
169 KB, 679x864
>>71415983
>>
>>71415936
then why the fuck was he moved when Clark said "Martha" since he already knew Clark's mother name since he knew who is he

why didnt Batman realized then that Clark is a man from Kansas with extraordinaire powers and not an alien thread, this movie is shit
>>
>>71416043
fuck you marvel drone
>>
>>71415983
It gets ride of all the plot holes and inconsistencies. It made it a better film.
>>
>>71416044

you've never had an addrenaline rush like playing sports or fighting I bet that's why, and have the body of a heavy reader.

It's called the fog of war.

Let me have a guy that is a super god attack you and see how much you think about their mothers name.
>>
>>71415793
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AND THEY PLAY IT SERIOUS AS FUCK HAHAHAHAH
>>
>>71416102
oh fucking wow, if you're too fucking inept to understand the theatrical release give up on life, it was straight forward, but i guess marvel drones need shit spelt out to them
>>
>>71416091
please someone shop marvel on the side of that drone
>>
File: BvS believe in the Bat.webm (3 MB, 1024x424) Image search: [Google]
BvS believe in the Bat.webm
3 MB, 1024x424
>>
>>71416123
weak ass excuses, why are Dcucks so stuborn and pretensious? why cant they simply accept the flaws in their man children movies like marvel fags do
>>
>>71413543
1. Lex is smart, contrary to what 75 years of comics have said, Superman=Clark is not that hard an equation to solve.
2. That's unresolved. Maybe they were too cautious?
3. At the party he hears Alfred say spy stuff in Bruce's ear. Clark is not a moron. + he can x-ray vision below Batman's mask.
4. She chucked the spear cause it could kill her lover, and because Doomsday had not showed up yet. She went to get it because Doomsday showed up and she can put 2 and 2 togheter.
5. Cause he's Superman, that level of super-hearing is something he had for 60+ years
6. It weakens him but not imediately.
>>
File: hobbitpoetry1.webm (3 MB, 720x304) Image search: [Google]
hobbitpoetry1.webm
3 MB, 720x304
>>71415793
>>71416157
Still more believable than this.
>>
>>71416233
may as well just shoot him in the head, why put at risk Martha Kent's life with the explosion?

I bet Snyder though it was "cool"
>>
>>71416309
because batman doesnt kill you spastik
>>
>>71416235

If you're beating someone in a fight you're not thinking of family heritage, and you have never been exhausted (except for stairs) but cool story arguement
>>
>>71414252
>given that the kryptonite gas took his powers away immediately, it would seem solid kryptonite is less potent, somehow

It would be like the difference of inhaling marijuana smoke vs just sniffing a nug from 5 feet away
>>
>>71416307
at least Jackson was going for a heroic kinda of campy exagerated tone with that scene while Snyder was being "serious" and "deep"
>>
File: knowledge.png (310 KB, 718x433) Image search: [Google]
knowledge.png
310 KB, 718x433
>>71414200
>Snyder's progressed in my eyes from MoS a lot.
I disagree. I thought man of steel was okay but he's already hit his peak with 300/watchmen. He's only going downhill from here.
>>
>>71416022
Why does it matter? Being rated R isn't fucking special.
>>
>>71413543
Makes sense that you would complain about characterization, decision making, and plot holes when you can't even pay attention and put the pieces together yourself.

To answer what hasn't been answered.

Lexcorp is a competitor to Waynecorp, Lex did research on his competition.
Lex is more aggressive and rekless than the U.S. guberment.
Lois figures she has to get spear because she saw DD blow things up with lazor eyes like Batman did, as well as seeing the reports on Lex's lab before.
>>
>>71416392
i wanted to see some epic r rated shit, its literally theatrical version with longer talking shit, barely though
>>
>>71416385
Jackson WAS being serious in that scene. It just turned out unintentionally hilarious.
>>
File: 1467083107455.jpg (28 KB, 280x280) Image search: [Google]
1467083107455.jpg
28 KB, 280x280
>>71416159
The theatrical release was fucking stupid. The studio forced Snyder to release a bullshit 2 and a half hour cut. Yeah, you can understand it, but the film had plot holes out the ass. I'm not even a marvel drone. I liked the theatrical cut and don't even like Civil War that much.
>>
>>71416342
not this Batman and I have no problem with him killing international russians mercenaries out to kill him. The correct aswer is because this is a pg13 movie for children
>>
File: BatmanNoGuns-e1402271480367.jpg (41 KB, 250x369) Image search: [Google]
BatmanNoGuns-e1402271480367.jpg
41 KB, 250x369
>>71416233
>>
File: BvS hellfire and her.webm (3 MB, 1280x530) Image search: [Google]
BvS hellfire and her.webm
3 MB, 1280x530
>>
File: Pilate judges Jesus.jpg (28 KB, 297x362) Image search: [Google]
Pilate judges Jesus.jpg
28 KB, 297x362
>>71416307
>Thinking that's impossible
Amerifats are getting dumber by the year. You guys NEED to do something about your education system.
>>
>>71416495

you will like the ultimate cut then, if you have even an ounce of attention span and love for cinematic awesomeness
>>
>>71416368
why is Batman fighting him in the first place? because he is thinks he is an alien menace except he already knows he is not an alien menace and is just a beloved son from a couple of farmers in Kansas, he already knows the "Martha" moment. The movie makes no sense
>>
>>71416562

you haven't seen the ultimate cut, it explains by SHOWING YOU, it pretty much holds your hand showing you why. (no spoilers)
>>
>>71416447
theres a precedent with Jackson movies he always mix campy fun with heroic adventure he was not going for serious with that scene
>>
>>71416309
In this version Batman lets the vilains make their own beds, like the scene with the batjet he shoots the ground befpre the truck as a warning shot, the people on the truck could have jumped if they chose to, if they didn't then to Batman that's their decision.
>>
>>71416624
more excuses from butt hurt dcucks that cant accept the flaws in their precious movie
>>
>>71416635
>like the scene with the batjet he shoots the ground befpre the truck as a warning shot, the people on the truck could have jumped if they chose to, if they didn't then to Batman that's their decision.

It was a strafing run, there was no "warning shot", the scene is just edited with a somewhat odd cut so to you it looks that way.

He fully intended to turn those guys into mincemeat
>>
File: 1467045037504.gif (2 MB, 540x501) Image search: [Google]
1467045037504.gif
2 MB, 540x501
>>71416233
>that lame quip
>DCucks defend this
>>
Disappointing movie. 6/10.

The "Ultimate Cut" also added nothing of note, though it at least fixed some pacing issues.

Superman and Batman are still bad characters, Superman being bland, dull and reactionary, and Batman being unsympathetic, whiny and excessively murderous. Lex Luthor and Doomsday were also awful.

Honestly Lois Lane was the best character in the movie.
>>
File: 1459211017232.gif (1 MB, 250x213) Image search: [Google]
1459211017232.gif
1 MB, 250x213
>>71416700

I hold no allegiance, the ultimate cut is really the movie that should have been released.
>>
>>71416635
naaaa this Batman kills and is ok for some of us, the movie has a lot more problems than that
>>
>>71416793
is may fix some issues but the main problems is still there: Superman is sad, bored, asshole who inspires terror and fear instead of hope and security and the movie is tone deaf and feels more like a commercial for other movies
>>
>>71415537
pls respond
>>
>>71415537
kat.cr/movies

#1,bby
>>
>>71416898
>spouts memes at other posters
>distorts movie to be something it isn't
>>
>>71416762
>Honestly Lois Lane was the best character in the movie.

I'll admit, I didn't think this was b8 until I read this
>>
Honestly it's the best capeshit,

And I think a good movie in general
>>
>>71416628
The main hero deaths (set to tragic music) within the span of those few minutes say otherwise.
>>
File: BvS Meat Loaf.webm (3 MB, 1280x530) Image search: [Google]
BvS Meat Loaf.webm
3 MB, 1280x530
>>
>>71413543
>they cut John Stewart from the UE
What were they thinking?
>>
>>71417803

You mean theatrical, he IS in the Ultimate Cut
>>
>>71413543
Just finished it. There were a couple things that changed that were unnecessary and were much better in the theatrical that really gets my autism going.

The story and characters overall are much better represented in the ultimate cut.

Somewhere between the two, there is a cut so kino, not even Snyder himself wanted to brandish it to the world.
>>
>>71414136
really makes ya think
>>
>>71414136

>clearly Ryan Reynolds
>>
Batman v Superman Dawn of Justice 2016 Ultimate Edition 1080p WEB-DL DD5 1 H264-RARBG

So what will be the difference between the web-dl and the bluray rip once it's out be, if any?
>>
>>71418050

As I understand it, ripping the physical copy leads to less loss of quality, so the Blu-Ray rip should be better in basically every way.
>>
>>71417850
apparently they had 4 hours of footage in total but only stuck with the 3 hours

could you imagine a world where we have a 4 hour kinofest?
>>
Took about 2 hours to download, and another ~4 to watch.

I'm now absolutely convinced the "BvS is good" thing is a meme.
>>
>>71416309
he was attempting to let out all the gas
>>
>>71418112
Will there be any extra scenes on the bluray or are they generally the same length?
>>
>>71418155

You are the dumbest motherfucker in this entire thread, and believe me, there are some dumb motherfuckers in this thread.
>>
>>71418189

it's all the ultimate cut no matter the format.
>>
>>71418190
You replied to the wrong person.
>>
>>71418222
cool thanks.
>>
I haven't watched the film yet, should I watch the Ultimate Edition or just the regular edition?

>not that big of a fan of either character

I doubt I will watch it twice so which should I pick guys?
>>
>>71418407

Watch the Ultimate Cut, there is NO reason to watch the theatrical.
>>
>>71416734
>>71416826
Those guys still had a chance to run, Batman shot the truck not their face, he's ok with them getting caught in the explosio though. Batman's approach is to give them a taste of their own medicine.
>>
>>71413543
Original 4 hour cut when?

Snyder stated the film was actually 4 hours.
>>
>>71418407
>asking if a shitty Theatrical cut that everyone hated should be watched over the Uncut Edition which improves everything
Really anon?
>>
>>71415654
>she sees shit popping from a distance and puts two and two together
probably but that part is still convoluted, why not have Alfred call her or have someone say to her they think Kryptonite might work on all metahumans. That would work a bit more. The reason she threw it away made sense, but still the movie is an 8.5/10 for me
>>
Ever think people purposely make very stupid posts/troll posts so they can have something like a real conversation?

That's fucking sad.
>>
>>71416762
>HURR I only like characters with simple motivations because i can only understand things that are obvious explicit.

If you're going to criticize Superman and Batman's characterization, try and make specific points that relate to scenes in the film instead of the gen eric complaints that you have.
>>
>>71418586
how often do assembly cuts get released? i'd rather get MoS's first because that was 3.5 hours
>>
File: endthis.jpg (193 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
endthis.jpg
193 KB, 600x600
>R rated
>no Amy Adams boobs
>yes Affleck's ass
>literally gay
>>
>>71418798
>how often do assembly cuts get released
Hardly ever. Take it from me who has made short films: once the official cut is released; the assembly is stored away on a hard drive somewhere - hopefully every bit of data is still intact and some stuff doesn't go missing.

I doubt Hollywood directors take full on care for all their raw data once a movie has been released.

So yeah I bet MoS's assembly cut may have gone missing or one of the editor's may still have it but even if he wanted to release it: he can't because he has no right to put it out to the public; not even Snyder has any right to release it because the movie is owned by whatever company.

This is why Independent filmaking is so much better: you can do whatever you want with the release.
>>
>>71418865
but anon if you pause the frame right before Cavil jumps into the tub, you can JUST see kind of a nipple slip.

meh besides be happy DC has R rated cuts whilst Marvel doesn't.
>>
Ultimate Cut is a solid 8.5.

It still has that dumb Justice League tie in scene with video files.

But holy fuck is the movie itself elevated. It's really crazy how next level it is when compared to the competition.
>>
I heard there is an F bomb in this cut of the film?

I'd be interested where they put it.

I bet Affleck says it.

The irony because X Men Apocalypse got a "Who the fuck are you?" by Michael Fassbender
>>
>>71418999
I personally think it was the same shit but longer
>>
Just finished, unironically probably the best cape film ever made. Played like a graphic novel. Way better than Nolan turds and just about all Marvel.
>>
>>71418883
I learned a fuckload about the industry reading into all the shit surrounding this movie. It's quite the spectacle, really.
>>
>>71418999
Do we get anymore Gal Gadot extra scenes?
>>
>>71419024
Don't bet just watch the movie faggot, it's right there on torrent sites

and it's not Affleck
>>
>>71416562
>>71416624
>>71416700
>>71416793
>>71416898
Why are you 2 tards talking about something you obviously didn't watch, Bruce did not know who Supes is. Watch the fund raiser scene.
>>
>>71413543
The UE is a solid 7/10 IMO, best cape movie released this year. Superman's death was a joke in the theatrical version, but here it actually stirred some emotion. As for your questions
He's been studying Superman obsessively for 2 years
No idea
He already found him out at the Library
No idea on the first part, to hide it for the second
Super hearing, probably tuned to Lois' heartbeat or something
He powered up from the sun earlier, and was presumably willpowering in comic book fashion
>>
>>71419057
So you now are aware that a director has no say with the final product of a released film if it is owned by a company?

Be greatful they allowed him to release his Director's Cut. I can imagine Snyder editing the 3 hour cut and then being called into an office where he is told to cut this and this and the amount of shock and terror on his face knowing that thousands of people are going to judge a watered down cut.
>>
>>71415640
>the music when Superman gets up
Best part of the entire movie
>>
>>71419069
She has a few extra moments, nothing huge.
>>
>>71419070
>Don't bet just watch the movie faggot, it's right there on torrent sites
I am waiting for the steelbook to come out. I don't want to just download a free copy
>>
>>71419155
>Best part of the entire movie
>not listing an Affleck scene
>>
>>71419140
The fucked up part is the suits said they'd allow it but backed out in the last second, which is why it was delayed theatrical in the first place. This movie could've been released January.
>>
zack snyder talking about the cut
says some interesting things about why and how it happened
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Fsw42prfp8
>>
>>71419032
TDK only gets elevated because of one performance, and because people like Nolan's style which simplifies things to them with lots of exposition which makes them feel intelligent. It's hilarious when you ask who talk about how great TDK is and you ask them about the turrorism themes and they're like "What??"
>>
Can anyone upload warehouse fight webms?
>>
>>71419367
When it got down to batman and the last four guys I honestly sat up from my chair.
>>
>>71419363
Snyder insists on building his movies narratives through visuals, more about showing than telling

Nolan is the exact opposite, bashing your skull in with exposition so everyone gets it.
>>
File: 2151661.webm (208 KB, 1156x534) Image search: [Google]
2151661.webm
208 KB, 1156x534
>>71419367
>>
>>71419360
>tfw tattoofag

take us to the promised land, zackino
>>
File: 1461275076182.jpg (86 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1461275076182.jpg
86 KB, 500x500
>>71419433
yep

>Even at his most pedestrian or bombastic, Snyder makes a far more engaging film than Christopher Nolan (an executive producer of “Batman v Superman”) ever did—because Nolan presumes to know and to show, whereas Snyder wants to see. Even his slender philosophical world seems like he’s discovering it, not delivering it.
>>
>>71419363
>>71419433
i remember hathaway's character going on about love in interstellar and being okay with it

then when the guy fucking starts talking to tars about love and how it's the answer i just flipped out, because in no way had anything in the movie alluded or even shown that

like if it had been some sort of existential i making my own meaning, love gives us meaning or keeps me going or something

but he says that love is somehow quantifiable and that love itself is doing some thing that is not being shown in the scene at all

unless its another case of classic nolan misdirection
>>
>>71419360
His career is fascinating.
>>
>>71419124
>Superman's death was a joke in the theatrical version, but here it actually stirred some emotion
this, in the theater I was wondering how it could be so emotionless, today i shed a tear at it
>>
>>71418991
Besides the joke, you can tell a better, mature and more powerful movie without an R.
>>
File: wut.jpg (25 KB, 700x393) Image search: [Google]
wut.jpg
25 KB, 700x393
How do you not see a large man in a bat costume standing right there in front of your eyes
>>
>>71419433
yeah, plus Nolan cannot do fucking action. It's meme worthy how people fall without being touched in the trilogy
>>
>>71414200
unbelievable

All you guys do is take the contrary position to whatever is mainstream, isn't it?

Everyone knows this movie is fucking terrible
>>
>>71419687
Holy fuck THIS

The shots of empty metropolis

The priest from MoS

Pete Ross

it was way more emotional, not only because of all that stuff, but also thanks to the movie devoting way more time to Clark's character and showing the viewer his side of the story.
>>
>>71419687
It's the music and the idea that even after all the BS the people of the world put him through, every last person remaining in Metropolis had massive respect for him. Those shots of the empty streets in Metropolis got to me man
>>
>>71419714
At that point his back was turned as evidenced by the photograph you just posted
>>
>>71419777
Except now it seems majority opinion is shifting to that it's a good movie (not flawless) thanks to the Ultimate Cut.
>>
>>71419777
what do you gain from spreading lies?

you imply mainstream opinions are correct?
>>
>>71419539
i think that actually nails down why i like Snyder. Even Sucker Punch i always felt this want to go back and I hate that movie. Ironic, because that movie is about feminism and if what you say is how he actually delivers it, it's actually about how feminism is shit
>>
>>71416307
That's actually a lot more believable.
>>
This is a terrific origin story for Lex. No, it's not the definitive grown up Lex, it's how he gets there. His first formative encounter with metas, his gaining universal knowledge. He'll come into his own in future films.
>>
>>71414200
>If you seek his monument, look around you
That's a pretty great line
>>
File: 1466293234861.gif (565 KB, 147x154) Image search: [Google]
1466293234861.gif
565 KB, 147x154
>>71419777
>can't formulate my own opinion
Go join the herd bud.
>>
>>71419779
seeing the people that care about Clark at his house, even those from MoS got to me. That silent few moments where Lois is holding the ring. Those were great
>>71419782
The extras in Metropolis sold it for me
>grown men, stone face and holding back tears
>soldiers looking like they are honoring one of their own
>a young woman sobbing
you see people who are there that look like they are there out of respect to honor Superman and then those who are there to mourn him in Metropolis. The Kennedy assassination was a great allusion that was made, i thought.
>>
>>71419433
Not only the visuals, the dialogue for BvS is amazing as well.

Snyder also cut exposition scenes from Sucker Punch.
>>
File: I believe you.jpg (301 KB, 1279x725) Image search: [Google]
I believe you.jpg
301 KB, 1279x725
>>71416520
>thirty pages earlier
>>
>>71420038
Yeah, but the dialogue isn't Snyder. MoS had clunky dialogue because of Goyer. BvS' dialogue is all Terrio
>>
>>71419777
>Everyone knows

You're literally witnessing the opposite and you can't even fathom it can you?
>>
>>71419792
yes but when he walked in he had a full view of the room
>>
>>71419777
>everyone is saying the Ultimate Edition is really good
>so are we
>we're being contrarian
>>
>>71419816
>majority opinion
Go to the film board on IGN and tell me that.
>>
>>71415828
Batman doesn't care about Superman's real identity. he doesn't think of him as a person - just an alien threat that must be dealt with.
>>
File: chelol.jpg (30 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
chelol.jpg
30 KB, 450x450
>>71420168
>IGN
>>
>>71419827
Sucker punch was fun as fuck.
>>
>>71420168
>go to IGN
that's a new one
>>
>>71420168
they do review movies now? haven't been in that shithole since the PS2 era
>>
>I failed him in life
I want to see a scene of Bruce visiting Clark's grave in JL
>>
>>71420168
>Go to the film board on IGN and tell me that.
>>
>>71420249
Alexa Rank
>IGN
#374 worldwide
>4chan
#728 worldwide
>>
>>71419024
>in 2016, you still can't swear in movies

wow
>>
>>71419779
>it was way more emotional, not only because of all that stuff, but also thanks to the movie devoting way more time to Clark's character and showing the viewer his side of the story.
as a fan of the movie, this what i always said was the angle to criticize the movie from

the central mechanism relies on a sort of emotional equation, and with the added footage you can say this equation is very clearly 'balanced' now where its now you actually buy into the arc
>>
File: smiles.jpg (117 KB, 1536x640) Image search: [Google]
smiles.jpg
117 KB, 1536x640
what's this expression supposed to convey?
>>
>>71420400
>I'm beating the shit out of this faggot :)
>>
>>71420330
Comparing a mainstream entertainment site with an indonesian picture board.

And not even a hint of baiting.

toppest of keks
>>
>>71420079
>MoS had clunky dialogue because of Goyer. BvS' dialogue is all Terrio

So much this. Although I'll always be a fan of

>ON A FARM?!
>>
>>71420400
Effort
>>
File: 1457030144539.jpg (15 KB, 410x397) Image search: [Google]
1457030144539.jpg
15 KB, 410x397
>ywn fuck amy adams in a bathtub
>>
>>71419816
is just the 2 dcukcs constantly spamming the board with this shit that like it not the majority
>>
File: 1465018805589.png (956 KB, 1200x939) Image search: [Google]
1465018805589.png
956 KB, 1200x939
>went to see this with my friend
>afterward he asks what I thought
>told him the truth: it's a 5/10
>for whatever reason, out of nowhere, he asks me immediately if I thought Spider-Man 3 was better
>tell him yes, easily
>gets offended and starts cussing in public like a kid
Does Spidey 3 trigger BvS fans or something?
>>
>>71420495
Snyder is the only thing that saved us from Goyer in that movie
>>
>>71420345
recently its become hilarious to me that people seek to 'protect' children so much yet when i was a teen was seeking shit out if i wasn't already exposed to it

it's completely absurd because its a game everyone knows isn't real

oh yeah, anecdote; last year i reconnected with and old high school buddy who went back to work at our high school and he would tell me stories about how the faculty and staff are basically talking all types of shit about everything whenever students are not around. we both had a laugh about knowing sort of the other side and having new perspective on our experiences with these adults back then
>>
>>71420038
>"she with you"
>"I though she was with you"
>"ding ding ding ding"

amazing
>>
>>71420330
>IGN, reviews video-games and mainstream TV series and movies

>4chan, image board

You're not very bright, are you?
>>
>>71419024
It was the wheelchair guy, which honestly wasn't that out of place but wasn't necessary. It would've been better if batman mouth the words "what the fuck" under his breath during the martha scene when he looked around the room for a second.
>>
>>71420541
Yeah I'm sure that's what happened
>>
>>71419777
In the beginning there was only like 2 or 3 people who went back to research the film to see if they could answer some of the complaints. The great majority of DCucks h8ed it.

>>71419827
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYGiKDpjwfE

Snyder exposed how reeetarded feminists are with Sucker Punch.
>>
>>71420584
>"is she with you?"
>"I thought she was DINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDING"
what were the writers thinking?
>>
File: 1455206098374.webm (2 MB, 640x346) Image search: [Google]
1455206098374.webm
2 MB, 640x346
>>71419367
>>
>>71419816
>majority opinion
>>71420138
>everyone
This board has over 2000 replies an hour at any given time.
There are 58 unique IPs and 200 posts ITT.
This thread is 3½ hours old.

2000 * 3.5 = 7000
So out of the 7000 posts in the last 3½ hours, 200 of them are talking about this movie.
Let's say you're right, and a *majority* of the people ITT like the movie protip: they don't
I'll say 75% to be VERY generous.
200 * 0.75 = 150 posts ITT in favor of BvS

(150 posts in favor of BvS) / (7000 posts in 3½ hours) = 0.02143

So that's 2% of /tv/ that's defending BvS, roughly.

How is that a majority?
>>
>>71420541
So when did your faggot friend start speaking for every BvS fan?
>>
>>71420168
If you're not quoting IGN unironically the joke is on you.

>IGN 4/10 - Not enough sharks.
>>
>>71420687
My point was relaying off of what the anon i replied to said, which is Snyder is discovering ideas as he makes it not delivering it. He wanted a feminist movie and I think he discovered feminism is shit. it's a fun movie though
>>
>>71413543
>implying you would need to ask these questions of a movie that was any good
>>
>>71420779
When did people ITT start speaking for "everyone" and "the majority"?
See: >>71420777
>>
>>71420777
>implying i'm not talking about outside of 4chan
>implying i'm not talking about critics
go outside
>>
Do you think RLM would change their minds if they saw the ultimate cut?
>>
I kino'd @ this masterpiece all the way till the end
truly the dawn of superkino, lol ¯\(°_o)/¯
>>
>>71420830
If you're making such a substantial claim, present your proof.
>>
>>71420777
>autism
>>
File: 1355739283325.jpg (237 KB, 1100x1380) Image search: [Google]
1355739283325.jpg
237 KB, 1100x1380
>>71420777
TRIPS HAVE SPOKEN
>>
>>71420887
A three syllable word for any thought too big for little minds :^)
>>
>>71420865
No, they hated it because it wasn't fun. Literally said that the 9/11 imagery was horrible
>>
>>71420935
like a retard, though
>>
>>71420976
Haha low test confirmed.
>>
>>71420865
If I cared about what plebs thought, Id check out the IGN board like the autist above suggested.
>>
>>71420079
Yeah, BvS dialogue is a huge step up from MoS and a lot of people didn't even get MoS dialogue.

>>71420584
>This weirdo in a circus costume seems like someone that you the weirdo in a bat costume would associate with.
>No you.
>ding ding ding
refers to the MBs.
>>
>>71420971
>2 syllabes
>counting everyone as a hater by default
>>
Marvel shills doing their thing shitting up this thread. Pretty expected.
>>
>>71421045
au-tis-m
>>
>>71421005
I just fucking hate it when people can't watch a movie as it's meant to be viewed vs what they want.
>>
>>71421021
ha!
>>
>>71421072
https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=autism
>>
>>71421067
they are on damage control mode
>>
>>71420777
>Wasted all this time on worthless math.

See to make math work in this instance you should ask at least 75% of user base.

Extrapolating on this small of a base is completely misguided.

Considering that the audience score on RT is 66% one could assume that most people actually enjoyed the movie.
>>
>>71421103
They went in with the intention of making fun of it. A lot of youtubers did.
>>
What was your favorite part about the Ultimate cut, specifically or in general?

KGBeast getting to be a real motherfucker instead of background fluff was great.
>>
>>71420541
>for whatever reason, out of nowhere, he asks me immediately if I thought Spider-Man 3 was better
>tell him yes, easily
>gets offended and starts cussing in public like a kid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPN1BvR02Xo

Your friend is a pleb, Spiderman is the epitome of capekino.
>>
>>71421072
>>71420971
> au·tism
/ˈôˌtizəm/

anon......
>>
>>71421199
Spider-Man 3 is objectively better than BvS
>>
>>71421176
When clark and doomsday landed outside the ship right in front of the statue and they just looked at each other for a second. The shot specifically showed the size comparison.
>>
>>71421176
-the drone angle
-making clearer lex's mind games to both bruce and clark
-reporter clark
>>
>>71421199
Damn she's cute. What was peter thinking?
>>
>>71421072
re-tar-d
>>
File: batman laughs 09.jpg (21 KB, 330x328) Image search: [Google]
batman laughs 09.jpg
21 KB, 330x328
>>71421247
>>
>>71420976
Why is every building falling over 9/11 imagery? People say the same thing about earthquake movies
>>
>>71421175
honestly, theatrical cut had a lot wrong with it, but they really picked things that weren't even problems
>>
>>71421247
You're objectively wrong.

BvS 66% AS on RT
SM3 51% AS on RT
>>
Why is the flash mexican?
Warner Bros already own the rights to Speedy Gonzalez don't they?
>>
>>71420976
That's fucking stupid.
>>
File: 1465089319552.png (723 KB, 635x649) Image search: [Google]
1465089319552.png
723 KB, 635x649
>>71421343
>audience score
>>71421310
Truth hurts
>>
>>71421176
>reporter clark
>KGBeast pushing that actress onto the train station
>Lex is this ominous figure throughout several scenes and it feels great
>Lois actually isn't just there
>>
>>71421342
They easily said the word "dark" over fifty two times in their shitty review. Like how is that entertaining? Watching fat guys make fun of something? I felt dumb for watching it. It wasn't even a review.
>>
>>71420790
Well Snyder does leave a lot up for interpretation.
>>
>>71421322
because 9/11 still triggers us burgers
>>71421361
yeah, no shit. I fucking stopped watching them right there. I mean how could you say a movie is bad because you didn't like the tone?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 51

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.