[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
They are still mad as fuck at James. Some choice quotes htt
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 51
File: AVGN-Movie.jpg (56 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
AVGN-Movie.jpg
56 KB, 640x360
They are still mad as fuck at James. Some choice quotes

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/19/fashion/ghostbusters-internet-attacks.html?_r=0

>“I refuse to watch it,” he said, sitting with his rimless glasses amid a gumball machine, “Star Trek” memorabilia and bookcases stacked with old VHS tapes.

>Next, I sent him an email. I wanted to know what he made of the furor. His response was astonishing. He was offended by some of the blowback — because, as he wrote in an email, it seemed to him that those angry over his video “have not watched it, or have been misquoting me or twisting my words.”

>Mr. Judging Before Seeing was mad because people were judging before seeing.

>When finally coaxed to the phone, Mr. Rolfe, who works from his East Coast home, did not want to talk about his “Ghostbusters” video, saying he thought it spoke for itself, and he didn’t want to address the fallout. “When people attack me, it’s always about trying to get a reaction,” he said.
Why are they so mad that some internet celebrity don't want to see a movie?
>>
HE'S LITERALLY HITLER
>>
i generally dont mind the nyt but this article belonged on a third rate blog
>>
Because Rolfe isn't being a good goy and buying a movie ticket, which his viewers might consider to be a good idea after they watch his video.
>>
The New York Times is garbage, but I thought this article was okay.
>>
And Sony is still going to be mad until the movie comes out and bombs. Until then, you're going to continue seeing paid shill articles like this one spin damage control in desperate attempts at getting people to talk about their shitty movie.
>>
>It's not overtly sexist - though there are whiffs

WORLDWARIIIWHEN?
>>
>>70855194
This is fucking hilarious because James literally doesn't care about this crap, he's just an autistic nerd who liked the original Ghostbusters movies, now celebrities and national publications are all over him for not liking a movie lol. It's like something that would happen on Curb Your Enthusiasm or something
>>
It's just Sony astroturfing and damage control. Just ignore it because you're giving them the recognition they're looking for. They know the movie is bad and is going to bomb but they're in too deep now and their jobs are on the line.
>>
What I don't get is, why does it matter that some low tier YouTube celebrity is not seeing this flick?

If these people are, as they constantly say, on the "right side of history" then it won't matter whether AVGN watches it or not.
>>
>>70855194

Because he's a FUCKING WHITE MALE
>>
>>70855370
He's obviously a Jew.
>>

He saw a trailer of all the best bits of a movie spliced together, made to entice the viewer. He was not enticed and decided not to spend money or 90 minutes of his life on a movie he almost certainly would dislike. He did not say the movie was objectively bad, or the director was a pandering hack or anything like that. He admitted his biases freely. He liked the original movie too much to see it remade.

Meanwhile people condemned him as a bigot without watching 30 seconds of his free video.

They're very different things.
>>
File: 1465584519503.jpg (18 KB, 224x225) Image search: [Google]
1465584519503.jpg
18 KB, 224x225
>>70855194
>whiffs of sexism
>>
>>70855361
>why does it matter that some low tier YouTube celebrity is not seeing this flick?

it matters to marketing. This is a golden opportunity to spawn more buzz out of nowhere without much of an effort. Free publicity. Provided to Sony Pictures by the NYTimes.
>>
What is with every news source throwing opinion article trash into the frontpage with big stories these days?
>>
wouldn't surprise me if Sony initially approached him with a kickback to shill it and he was like 'LOL NO! (especially after the blowback I got for the Action 52 remake plug I gave that guy a few years back)'
>>
>>70855194
>nytimes
THIS is what's being pasted off as news? So youtube guy saying he's not interested in watching some movie? Fuck me...
>>
You guys do know that this movie is going to surpass the original at the box office, right?
>>
Not even gonna see this shit.

I'm glad Rick Moranis didn't get involved.
>>
It's been weeks since this shit has happened, and they're STILL fucking writing articles about it? Fucking pathetic.
>>
>>70855194
When I see these "gotcha! :^)" false equivalences I instantly know that these people watched the Daily Show and let it mold their minds into this state.
>>
>>70855459
ayyyy
Now this is news
>>
Liberals are thought police cunts.
>>
>>70855505
someone on the internet said something.
this is important.
>>
>>70855475
They've spent something like $250 million total including marketing on this shitheap, they'll need half a billion just to break even.
>>
>IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT DON'T WATCH IT
>I won't.
>FUCKING REEEE

Great.
>>
I don't understand why people are being so protective of such a shit movie.
>>
>>70855361

It doesn't.

This person was obviously paid off by someone. The article wreaks of so much desperation, it doesn't even concentrate on it's own focal point. It talks about the Digital Age or whatever and it eventually just devolves into making fun of James Rolfe.

The sin that Mr. Rolfe committed wasn't bashing the movie. No, he committed the most heinous, most blasphemous sin of all (if you're a part of Sony's marketing team) - he said he wasn't going to see it.

Love movies or hate movies, these studios don't care. But threaten to not give them your money? That's UNFORGIVABLE. Mr. Rolfe is in a position where his voice reaches a lot of ears, especially in the geek community where most of the potential audience for this film is. He's public enemy #1 in Sony's book. His influence can potentially hurt them, even if it's just in a small way.
>>
>>70855590
Feminists and liberals have made this movie into their "Alamo"
They invested so much into defending this movie that they cannot back down even if they wanted to or if movie is shit.
>>
I would expect an article like this from BuzzFeed maybe a month ago. But from NYTimes at this point? Do Sony have their tendrils in everything.
>>
>>70855590
>muh investments
>>
>>70855459
>wouldn't surprise me if Sony initially approached him with a kickback to shill it and he was like 'LOL NO!

You're the first person I've seen to think of that. And the more I think about it, the more I bet you're absolutely right.
>>
>>70855453
they hired women
>>
>>70855475
Adjusted for inflation? No fucking chance.
>>
>>70855629
I'm a liberal and I hate this movie.
>>
>>70855194
>we cast this movie this way to break down barriers in Hollywood and for it to be accessible to everyone
>unless you are a 18-45 year old male who is a fan the classic Ghostbusters movie as well as all other sci-fi action/fantasy/comedy, you are just a nerdy loser who lives in his parents basement get a life geez
Lmao they are still attacking the only demographic that would actually watch a Ghostbusters movie.
>>
>>70855361
youtubers spam all the time, our fucking retard janitor rarely deletes them.

just report every time you see these faggots spammed here.
>>
>>70855678
It will do Transformer numbers.
>>
>>70855671
I hate to say it but I think this might be the case, every piece I've seen written by a female author in recent times (be it new york times, washington post, yahoo, etc.) has been pretty awful.
Fuck yahoo especially for making opinion pieces headline news on their site, can't wait for them to go bankrupt.
>>
>>70855194
So James doesn't give a fuck and the "reporter" goes full sperg mode by trying to get James say something and harass him?
>>
>My swift reaction to Mr. Rolfe’s video was similarly severe. Without so much as pressing play, I decided that his position was garbage
>The new “Ghostbusters,” which, by the way, has been generating positive reactions in test screenings, according to Sony executives,
This article is amazing, thanks OP
>>
>>70855743

It won't even make 1/4th the gross of any Transformers movie. I would bet you my house on that.
>>
This film will be worse than Blues Brothers 2000, mark my words
>>
>>70855453
I don't know. This Ghostbusters shit was in Time Magazine too. It's all blatant shilling.
>>
James ignored them, made another video explaining why it would suck the day after and it triggered them even further.
>>
It must piss these people off real bad that James ain't responding to their bait. Look how giddy the writer of this piece was when they got James to display just a tinge of anger over the reaction to his video.

Imagine if James was on Twitter trying to defend himself. Or made a respond video to all the articles. It would have been a gold mine for these people.
>>
>>70855194
Why is Ghostbusters such a sacred cow for these people?

Why can't they find an actual hill to go die on instead of this false, disingenuous tripe?
>>
>>70855775
>according to Sony executives,
>>
Why don't they just ignore his video, why attack him, why don't they do like me, yesterday I was called out on a thread by a bunch of anon and instead of answering to them I ignored them, closed the tab and stopped posting for a few hours, problem solved.
>>
>>70855821
Because they're getting paid.
>>
>>70855352
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag1o3koTLWM

Camera pans in slowly to James face after being cursed out by SJWs
>>
File: 1383736429758.png (52 KB, 596x643) Image search: [Google]
1383736429758.png
52 KB, 596x643
>>70855775
>The new “Ghostbusters,” which, by the way, has been generating positive reactions in test screenings, according to Sony executives,

Shill levels off the charts. Sony are definitely paying for hit pieces.
>>
>>70855832
>Why don't they just ignore his video

Because they scared.

They put a lot of money into this movie. Sony has had a LOT of box office disappointments over the past couple of years. They are desperate. They must be betting the farm on this one.
>>
>>70855821
James just said he likes the franchise. And for the same reason he is not going to see it, that's it. He even mentions he could be wrong or doesn't have a problem with people watching. James decided to act in a mature way. Unlike this kind of people that went autismo mode because somebody is not going to watch the reboot
>>
>>70855194
was james the patriarchy all along?
>>
File: 1426015386851.gif (223 KB, 479x522) Image search: [Google]
1426015386851.gif
223 KB, 479x522
>>70855775
>>
>watch a movie with normies
>ghostbuster trailer shows up
>friend tells me "I think this will be good"
>I just say "I think I will pass this one" to hide my power level

how can anyone watch that cheesy jokes and saw this concept and be hopeful. I am afraid that good ar bad, this movie will be a success
>>
I am legitimately shocked this was a NYT article. I really thought it was an Onion piece. I was in so much disbelief I had to double check the web address to make sure it was linked to the real site.
>>
File: 3toarf.jpg (21 KB, 310x232) Image search: [Google]
3toarf.jpg
21 KB, 310x232
>>70855194
>Angry Video Game Nerd

Misogynst.
End of story.
>>
Somebody post the whole article. I refuse to give them my clicks.
>>
>hounding and insulting existing Ghostbusters fans because they don't care about this new movie
Who thought this was a good idea? If it wasn't for the original fanbase the new one would never have even been considered.
What do they expect to gain by calling these people names and stalking them?
>>
>>70855912
>I am afraid that good ar bad, this movie will be a succes
It will be. All that controversy is to push the brand name recognition and put it on the radar of people. They don't give a fuck about the quality, the critics or the reception of fans. It will be a mediocre Hollywood movie, like most of them are. They know fans are going to hate it. They are going to make money. Capitalism ho!
>>
>>70855872
This.
2.1 million people are subbed to Cinemassacre. That's a lot of movie tickets.
>>
File: 1465940188069.jpg (632 KB, 800x1016) Image search: [Google]
1465940188069.jpg
632 KB, 800x1016
>>70855925
Noone is being paid to shill for NY Times by the way. It's a Republican funded lie and a pathetic attempt at smearing their campaign.
>>
File: local AVGN refuses to see movie.jpg (208 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
local AVGN refuses to see movie.jpg
208 KB, 1280x720
>>
>>70855962

It's Sony. They could give FOX a run for their money in the 'amazingly dumb decisions' department.
>>
>>70855995
No kidding. It's just so undignified and childish.
>>
>>70855194
>Mr. Judging Before Seeing was mad because people were judging before seeing

Holy shit what a fucking retard. He was specifically saying he wasn't going to review it, because he wasn't going to see it. He saw a trailer, he didn't like what he saw, he's not going to see it, therefore his opinion on it is worthless. Holy fuck what a cunt.
>>
>you need to spend your hard earned money on the movie before you're allowed to criticize it despite the fact that we can clearly see it's likely garbage from the trailer

I wonder if we'll reach a point where studios can file lawsuits against you for bashing a movie.
>>
>>70855194
Because these hollywood shills act like these corporate scumbags are entitled to your money. Same way game journos get pissed off when someone doesn't want to pay 60 USD for something that looks like trash with no demo and calls them entitled if a game is bad. You're not fucking entitled to success just for making something you stupid cunt. Business isn't soccer with a participation trophy.
>>
>>70855361
its easier to demonaise one person than the couple million anonymous dislikes in youtube. In their minds james is our leader and defeating him would destroy us when in reality they caused their own blow back.
Just look at him he is a white middle age guy who plays old videogames in a basement and calls himself the nerd, he is their version of trigglypuff
>>
>“My good deeds go largely unknown,” he said in an email. “I just had a charity event, auctioning items/props/memorabilia from my show.” The auction, which concluded on May 6, raised about $20,000 for Shriners Hospitals for Children.

>Hmm.

Hmm? really this is how you react to someone raising 20k for charity

Fucking SJW i swear
>>
>>70856061
They do. They don't do it to people who are too popular though, because that would be bad publicity. I had a bad review of a new movie on yt and it had to take it down. I don't have the time or money to fight that lind of battle.
>>
>>70856136

SJWs aren't actually trying to help anyone. They're glorified trolls. They're no different than the common playground bully. They make themselves feel important by pretending to care about certain social issues. And the way they go about those issues is attacking people on social media and other places by using insults and instigating mob mentality.

These people are lower than toe fungus.
>>
>>70855957
I also would like this
>>
>>70855761
i know how this is going to sound
but its the jews fault
not because some conspiracy but its the product of that centurys old victim complex, jews make great journalists and its a subject women like getting into in college
so you filled college classes taught by some old jewish holocaust survivor teaching women to write biased articles, its just two shitty group of people colliding. Not that every jew nor most jews for that matter are bad, its just the jewish intelectual left that i despise
>>
>>70856061
>I wonder if we'll reach a point where studios can file lawsuits against you for bashing a movie.

just because you don't get told about it doesn't mean they arent doing it
>>
File: 1443083397043.png (156 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1443083397043.png
156 KB, 500x500
>>70855775
>According to sony executives
>>
>>70856136
Damn james is stupid.
Just keep your mouth shut dumbass.

>DUDE ITS THE NEW YORK TIMES, I HAVE TO OPEN MY MOUTH NOW

>DUDE I DO CHAIRTY, IM A SWELL GUY, PEOPLE LIKE ME
>>
>a bunch of retards making fun of his Star Trek V gumball machine
>when none of them have even seem Star Trek V and know it only by reputation

More offensive than any other aspect desu.
>>
File: 1444497623969s.jpg (6 KB, 228x250) Image search: [Google]
1444497623969s.jpg
6 KB, 228x250
>>70856136
>>Hmm.
>>
>>70856136
>my mom's a hardcore feminist who helps at 2 women's shelter
>SJW shit on her on social medias for not being an internet activist

True story.

>Yeah, yeah, you help real people, so what? Did you make fun of at least 5 cis white males today? No? YOU FUCKING TRAITOR!

I'm exagerating, but not that much.
>>
>>70856194
Paul?
>>
>>70856136
this seriously gets me massively pissed
>>
>>70856211
True.

What sucks is that there actually are people who actually DO fight to make a difference by actually putting themselves out there, helping people. But those people get grouped into the same category as the kind of people attacking James Rolfe. There's people who used to call themselves "feminists" who no longer do so, just because they refuse to be associated with these third wave pretenders.
>>
>>70856283
YOU SON OF A BITCH
>>
>>70856330
This.
>>
This whole thing feels like a Simpsons episode.
>>
Am i the only one who thinks the trailer looks fine?

I feel like everyone's hating it easy too much.

Don't get me wrong I'm not buying tickets for this movie because I'm not interested in quipshit but as quipshit goes this looks as good as any other quipshit
>>
>>70856357
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
>>
>>70856136
>really this is how you react to someone raising 20k for charity
Lucas and other celebrities and directors do the same but if god forbid they make a jab or do something /tv/ doesn't like. This board is filled with autistic hypocrites. It's like you don't even know what to be angry about anymore.
>>
male or female cast, I'm not going to watch a movie that pretends the original doesn't exist. This is literally fan fiction-tier. Just because it's made by Hollywood and has millions of dollars to market it, doesn't mean it isn't essentially just fan fiction. Only way I would've watched a Ghostbusters movie is if it used the original cast and they all came out of retirement or something.

The fact that you made an all female cast doesn't upset me whatsoever because I've already written off the movie once you admitted it has nothing to do with the originals. I don't pay money for fan fiction.
>>
>>70856417

Lucas is worth like 10 billion dollars

James isn't
>>
Meanwhile, no mainstream media outlet has printed a single word on how Pascal shunned Reitman to death. That cunt was never interested in reviving the damn franchise, she's just trying to save face after her comments on Obama and the fucking journos are spinning it into a MUH PATRIARCHY narrative.

>attacking a family man who just raised a shitload of fuck(ing) money for a children's charity just because he's not willing to waste his time and money on an unoriginal reboot of a beloved movie made by talentless hacks with a libtard agenda

Good job, faggots. I hope those shill bux serve you well in hell.
>>
>>70856443

>male or female cast, I'm not going to watch a movie that pretends the original doesn't exist.

And yet you watched spiderman, batman, and every other capeshit that does just

You're sexist and don't even know it
>>
>>70856387

I think it looks like a modern comedy.

Take that as you like.
>>
Honestly the way they are bullying James is why it deserves to bomb.
>>
>>70856472

The irony here is that you're sexist and don't even know it.
>>
File: mavgnga.jpg (1 MB, 1500x1196) Image search: [Google]
mavgnga.jpg
1 MB, 1500x1196
>>
>>70856443
This.
>>
James probably only made the video to stop people asking him about the movie.
>>
>>70856417
There's a difference, though. Lucas and Hollywood use charity events for publicity, using their time for other things and just giving away the money would be much better, if you actually cared about the plight of the people, but it's also about visibility, circlejerking, networking, image etc. so they don't get much recognition for what they are doing.
>>
>>70856472
I have literally never seen a single capeshit movie except TDKR
>>
>>70856551

This is exactly why. But also to preface his history of Ghostbusters 3 video.
>>
There should be a flash mob of people dressed like the AVGN at he US premiere, dancing to the Ghostbusters theme and giving away free copies of the original.
>>
>Girlbusters trailer is bad
FUCK THIS MOVIE I'M NOT WATCHING IT

>BvS trailer is bad
>everyone says the movie is bad
>universally panned
>the first one sucked
Meh, I'll go see it and judge for myself. Might be alright
>>
File: 1464894877051.jpg (22 KB, 429x403) Image search: [Google]
1464894877051.jpg
22 KB, 429x403
>>70856472
Forgot image
>>
>>70855408
jews are only white when it benefits them.
>>
>>70856509
This.
>>
>>70855194
Except that he saw the trailer
>>
>>70856551
He did. That was the point of the vid.
>>
File: antique pepe.jpg (185 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
antique pepe.jpg
185 KB, 1200x1200
Yeah it really isn't worse than most comedy trailers. I would never watch the movie, but I wouldn't have watched a new Ghostbusters anyway. I'm pretty sure the whole feminism aspect is a large part of why it's hated, even if people won't admit that.

Please go ahead and call me a sjw piece of shit now
>>
>>70856595

I had the same reaction to BvS as I did Ghostbusters.

It's not about sexism. It's about not supporting shitty movies.
>>
>>70856595
It didn't have all this "YOU MUST LIKE IT OR YOU'RE SEXIST" nonsense surrounding it.
>>
File: Huffington post editors.jpg (88 KB, 531x620) Image search: [Google]
Huffington post editors.jpg
88 KB, 531x620
>>70855453
>>
>>70856623

Some people hating on the movie are definitely sexist. But most of them probably aren't.
>>
>>70856472
Then ghostbusters aren't spider man or bat man, they are the actors who play them, it's like Indiana Jones or Marty Macfly, you can't just have some random actor play them, it doesn't work like that.
>>
>people refusing to watch this will still watch warcraft knowing its bad
>>
>>70856638
It did. Stickly Jewess WW, remember? That bitch going on tlak shows and making fun of comic book nerds who didn't like that she was cast as WW? Ring any bell?
>>
>>70856661
It didn't have all this "YOU MUST LIKE IT OR YOU'RE SEXIST" nonsense surrounding it.
>>
>>70856641
I don't get it. They're stronk cuz their emojis bleed from their vaginas?
>>
>>70855505
It's because it is a marketing stunt and money would have been spent on this smear campaign.

They have to squeeze as much value as they can out of it.
>>
>>70856509
This.
>>
>>70856661

I won't see Ghostbusters even though I'm a fan of the original because it looks bad.

I won't see Warcraft because I don't care about Warcraft, but also because it looks bad.
>>
>>70856668
I don't actually. Do you have some New York Times or Time Magazine article to link me showing it was on this same level?
>>
>>70855522
>>
>>70856623
That they want to guilt us into seeing it or selse we're sexist? That's a big part of why it's hated.

But the female cast? No, that's not even a factor. people hated the Robocop reboot before it came out just as much as the GB reboot.
>>
>>70856661
Grew up playing warcraft 2.
Of course I watched it knowing it was bad.
Still too curious.
I don't feel the same way for a sequel to a decent 80s movie.
>>
>guy sees a trailer for a remake
>says it looks shitty and he won't watch it
This man is obviously a Nazi
>>
>>70856728
>people hated the Robocop reboot before it came out just as much as the GB reboot.

yeah right
>>
>>70856700
Same level? Stop trying to move the goalpost.
>>
>>70856623
>an antique pepe
Saved.
>>
File: EA Operation protect the gays.png (224 KB, 670x580) Image search: [Google]
EA Operation protect the gays.png
224 KB, 670x580
>>70855590
You see liberals and SJW are easily led sheep and will leap to defend a soulless corporation and or product if you say people don't like it because muh soggy knee.
See:
EA with ME 3
EA with Dragon Age 3
The corrupt media corporations with Gamergate
Sony with Cuntbusters

You would think they would learn not to be manipulated so easily, but being moronic is a prerequisite for being a lefty.
>>
>>70856760

I hated the RoboCop reboot even more, personally. But then I'm a bigger fan of that film than I am Ghostbusters.
>>
>>70856641

Yeah, there's no POC, fucking disgusting.
>>
>>70856728
This desu. I watched the new robocop to see just how badly they could fuck it up. I won't see the new ghostbusters because of how hard people are sperging out.
>>
>>70856760
>>70856760
Look in the archive (or just on google). You have a very short memory.
>>
>>70856641
w-why are thy laughing?
Plz stop.
>>
>>70855194
What so many people on both sides don't realize is that his video was to head off his fans from asking for a Ghostbusters review. He said he wouldn't, and explained why.
>>
>>70855590
>I don't understand why people are being so protective of such a shit movie.

$$$

It's the marketers and their shills. They pay people to write about it. Once the movie comes out no one will defend it anymore.
>>
>>70856825
I remember, the hate for RC was to where near this. Keep telling yourself this has nothing to do with feminism / pol bull shit, but it does
>>
Same deal with anything in what idiots consider "nerd culture". They try to pin stuff like lack of interest and boycotting with "toxic masculinity" and a fear of women but in reality it's just the old principle of voting with your wallet. Don't wanna see anymore poorly made remakes? Don't pay for them.

This reminds me of the whole censorship fiasco going on at /v/. Maybe this makes me a loser but it frustrates me to no end that people (female journalists) haven't even played or heard of a franchise before, let alone play video games in the first place, would demand for massive sweeping censorship to everything made from now on. It doesn't effect them or anyone else who doesn't play it in any way, shape or form. Yet they want it abolished simply because it exists. What's more, they think they understand Japanese culture inside and out and can accurately judge something coming from a COMPLETELY different market without ANY social context.
>>
>>70856826
You are stood naked in front of them all. They are laughing at your sissy little dick.
>>
>>70855194
it's pseudo-intellectual to dismiss a work before viewing it, and he's an asshole, but who cares
>>
>>70855631
Yes.
>>
>>70856868
It was hated as fuck. Not everything is /pol/ shit.
>>
I can't wait until this movie comes out. The fallout over it is going to be so good.

If the movie fails, autists will blame the misogynist boogeyman.

If it succeeds, autists will blame the SJW boogeyman.

No matter what happens, much entertainment will be had by me.
>>
>>70856896
>>
>>70855701
I have seen this tactic used before and it still baffles me. Why would they think attacking us would make us like them? Do they think of us as a battered bloody housewife?
>>
>>70856907
What if it goes all Total Recall and nobody gives a fuck?
>>
>>70856888

Nope. If the movie is good, they should have put out a better commercial to represent it. It's not up to the average individual to see the movie for themselves. That's the job of the commercial made to advertise the product.
>>
>>70856728
>people hated the Robocop reboot before it came out just as much as the GB reboot
Not really, I hated it more, I was kind of pissed off, now I realize that I was overreacting because the remake is forgotten and the original is still relevant, I was just ass blasted because I wanted a sequel with the original robocop, I was also really butthurt with the Total Recall remake.
>>
File: 1374279087276.jpg (137 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1374279087276.jpg
137 KB, 640x480
>>70855775
>>
>>70856954

Then it won't be a success and autists will blame the misogynist boogeyman for not making it into the runaway new franchise success that Sony wants it to be.
>>
>>70855194
He watched the ad, isn't that's what a trailer is for?
>>
>>70855814
The thing is, these sjw are sharks always searching for prey, if they smell a drip of blood they will go into frenzy.
>>
I thought SJWs were all about not bullying people.

Why do they think their tactics aren't harassment and bullying?
>>
>>70856888
He didn't dismiss it before viewing it, he said he wasn't going to review it at all.

People don't have to watch everything. Even "critics."
>>
File: 1463837833031.jpg (84 KB, 802x437) Image search: [Google]
1463837833031.jpg
84 KB, 802x437
>>
People really didn't get his video at all, it's crazy that he's being punished for their stupidity.
>>
>>70856795
What do you mean by liberals, are you referring to left wingers?
No left winger should ever side with corporations.
>>
>>70857007
They USED to be against bullying, but that was years ago. The new ones are just bullies in a SJW suit.

They're like a group of jocks running around and trying to start a fight with any skinny nerd walking alone.
>>
File: brooksbarnes[1].jpg (15 KB, 204x368) Image search: [Google]
brooksbarnes[1].jpg
15 KB, 204x368
This guy sucks.
>>
>>70856445
>>70856417
If James were to change his opinion, this board would turn on him at the drop of the dime. Exactly like Leslie Jones after she handled herself from those twitter SJWs. It's like people are bandwagoning the hate train without any thought.

I respect James and his opinion because it's a sequel no one wanted but some of his supporters are just retarded. It's an exaggerated reaction. We didn't get this with the Robocop and Total Recall reboot.
>>
>>70856896
>noisy thick saliva swallowing
So why does he work with RLM then?
>>
>>70855701
This is what happens when a company self-censors or adjusts vudeo games for the vocal SJW minority (Mass Effect, Fire Emblem etc.)

They alienate the core fan base while pandering to people who were never going to buy the game anyway.
>>
>>70857041
That happens a lot. It's like a weird mix of the telephone game and mob mentality.
>>
>>70857037
More like, here is a free sample of the meal so you will come and eat the rest
This is shit
No it isn't, stop bitching while I shit up a plate for you to ear
No, I won't
What, are you a sexist?
>>
Fuck this gay earth.
>>
>>70856877
>They are laughing at your sissy little dick
AH, jokes on them I have a very respectable 3 incher.
>>
>>70857077
>We didn't get this with the Robocop and Total Recall reboot.

Because nobody called critics of those movies bigoted pieces of shit.
inb4 'you're just playing into their hands'
who gives a shit, it won't save their movie, let them pretend they're victims.
>>
>>70857007
They're absolutely about bullying, as long as it is deserved in their eyes. Same with violence.
>>
Most of the SJW reactions are obvioulsy from Sony.

I'm on tumblr a lot (fuck you, I'm not sorry) and the SJW crowd hate the new GB almost has much as we do.
>>
>>70857140
>Just found out the average penis length is 5.5inches?
>This is very disturbing
>>
After spending months shitting on Rolfe and calling him a sexist manbaby (or a variation of that sentiment), how can they look in the mirror and still think they are not bullys and that they are still the "good guys"?
>>
>>70857077

I was this way with the Robocop and Total Recall remakes because they looked like modern, slick, CGI garbage and refused to watch both and still haven't seen either.

Ghostbusters having a huge negative reaction is because it's a much beloved all ages family comedy with beloved characters, and it certainly isn't a satiric hard R Paul Verhoeven movie. (btw I think Robocop and Total Recall are much better movies than Ghostbusters)
>>
File: Simpsons predict tumblr.jpg (33 KB, 430x318) Image search: [Google]
Simpsons predict tumblr.jpg
33 KB, 430x318
>>70856382
>>
Honestly, I think it's his tone.

He's so confident, speaks freely, without a script, and has a smug smile on his face the whole time. He looks like he enjoys what he does and takes pride in his opinion, and I think that's what pisses them off the most.

Most of these journalists probably picture some angry, overweight redfaced loser sputtering buzzwords and nonsense about women, so they can easily target and make fun of them. Not James. A man clear of conscience who knows what he likes and isn't afraid to stand by it.
>>
>>70857153
I don't go on tumblr but I have some friends who do. From what I can gather it seems that most people on tumblr aren't completely retarded, it's just certain communities that paint the rest pretty bad.
Then again, I'm sure anyone who doesn't believe in the aryan master race is no different in /pol/'s eyes. God this website has fallen.
>>
File: ulo.png (201 KB, 1127x127) Image search: [Google]
ulo.png
201 KB, 1127x127
>>70856896
Top kek
>>
>>70857169
The same way religious nuts think they're in the right when they hurt people who "deserve it."

Or when they try to kill people because they abort aka kill babies.
>>
>>70855194
>New York Times' Fashion section is bitching about the Angry Video Game Nerd putting his foot down against the contant onslaught of pointless remakes and reboots
>AVGN has the moral high ground against the New York Fucking Times
Stop the world.
I wanna get off.
>>
>>70857201
>no anger is video
>no mention of gender
>says common sense - i dont like the look of the trailer so i wont see it
>people lose their fucking minds as though hes some frothing at the mouth fanboy
You're right. At this point people are used to pathetic virgins losing their minds, but a well spoken, calm, well adjusted individual with a decent following speaking his mind is too much for them to handle.
>>
>>70855194
>>“I refuse to watch it,” he said, sitting with his rimless glasses amid a gumball machine, “Star Trek” memorabilia and bookcases stacked with old VHS tapes.
HAHAHA HOW DISGUSTING RIGHT? HAHAHA!

These people are fucking pathetic. Where did it mention the 20k he raised for childrens charities?
>>
>>70857251
FILM BUFFS ARE DEAD - HOLLYWOOD, YOU DON'T NEED TO MAKE MOVIES ANYMORE
t. SJW journalism
>>
>>70857230
Sounds like SJW orthodoxy has devolved into a sort of cult/quasi-religion
>>
>>70856236

>Not that every jew nor most jews for that matter are bad

Yes they ARE bad, don't you fucking sugarcoat it you kike. I'll let you off with a warning this time
>>
>>70857293
>have jewish friends
>theyre all atheist
>none of them give a shit about their religion beyond keeping their family happy
>/pol/ treats them like an alien species
kek, /pol/ is just /r9k/ but the focus is on race instead of gender.
Well it's both I guess.
>>
>>70857164
>the average penis length is 5.5inches
I doubt that there's anyone with a natural penis bigger than 3 inches.
>>
File: 1446819906981.jpg (93 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
1446819906981.jpg
93 KB, 500x667
>The New York fucking Times is also buying into this nontroversy

What the hell?
>>
>>70857286
What really ahappened is that the ideology appealed to younger people and they took it too far because teens/kids are retarded like that and the next gen is taking it to even bigger levels of retardation.
>>
File: 67oxkZQm.jpg (55 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
67oxkZQm.jpg
55 KB, 512x512
Well /tv/?
http://www.strawpoll.me/10491213
>>
>>70857336
>tfw my 8 inch dick cant even enter a vagina
I wish I was one of you normies
>>
>>70857356
I think you seriously overestimate how common this shit is. A lot of people want sexual, race and gender equality.
Nearly no one gives a shit about calling people by their correct pronouns, let alone a shitty looking movie.
>>
>>70857341
brehs...
>>
>>70857375
post pics or it didnt happen (no homo)
>>
>>70857371
To the dude who chose option number 3:

Why would you do that? Go and lie on the internet?
>>
>>70855194
>His response was astonishing
lol

seriously, these people are going out of their way to pretend it could be good for some good cause. It's "fake it until you make it" but with getting angry at people not wanting to watch something that looks worse than a Adam Sandler movie.
>>
>>70857375
>tfw 3 inch dick (when soft), but giant ass 3 inches diameter balls
>>
>cinemassacre has 2 million subs
>even if only 10 percent were going to see this movie and half of them won't after this shit fest it is 100k less views
thank you James. you are a true hero
>>
>>70857375
>lying on the internet
Why?
>>
>>70857486
>implying id bother lying about such a thing
>>
>>70857442
James is the real big dick player.
Mike appropriated his meme.

pic related

https://im1.ibsearch.xxx/2/e2/c388ca812401922ca83c17ab53c4e.jpg
>>
File: 100348434299412.jpg (19 KB, 240x312) Image search: [Google]
100348434299412.jpg
19 KB, 240x312
>>70857341
>>
>>70857486
why lie about having an average dick?
>>
>>70857341
see
>>70856896

they already did since day one
>>
>>70855194
IT'S THE CURRENT YEAR
HOW CAN YOU --NOT-- LOVE AN ALL FEMALE REMAKE GHOSTBUSTERS WITH UNFUNNY WOMEN IN IT???
>>
>>70857077
Total Recall and RoboCop are nowhere near as popular as Ghostbusters.
>>
>>70857500
>Implying you aren't
>>
>>70857201
this
>>
>>70857065
The left wing today is literally just a work-for-free PR think-tank for global corporations. "Buy consumer product x or you're sexist and not fighting the patriarchy" or Clinton's "if we go after the banks, would that stop sexism, racism and homophobia?"

Sorry man, everyone is passive to being highjacked and coopted.
>>
>>70857511
Because you can't get any bigger than 3 inches.
>>
I didn't see
>dragon ball evolution
>the second and third hobbit movies
>star trek into darkness
>batman v superman or man of steel
>deadpool
>wolverine, days of future past or apocalypse
>the new spiderman films
>the new fantastic four movie
>etc
I like the original IPs but the trailers looked like dogshit so I didn't watch them. Why are people losing their minds over such simple shit?
>>
>>70857556
Not in my country, the left wingers here are the people who actually work.
>>
>>70857535
If it makes you feel better I was joking about it not fitting.
And don't worry I'm white
>>
>>70855194
I think what infuriates the detractors the most, is that James is so cool, calm, and collected about the whole thing. He doesn't really bash the movie; just matter of factly states he's not going to watch it.
>>
>>70857556
>"if we go after the banks, would that stop sexism, racism and homophobia?"
Did she seriously say that?
>>
>>70855194
>possibly the best known newspaper in the world
>dumber than the average 4chan post
How did it come to this?
>>
>>70857584
Because it's part of the marketing campaign, they knew they couldn't make a profitable ghostbusters movie in 2016 so they made it all about womyn power so it'd generate buzz. That's all there is to it.
>>
>>70857606
>im white

you are absolved then.
>>
>>70855370
>Rolfe
He's British /Cherokee
>>
File: Anita and Zoe cash in at the UN.png (272 KB, 599x501) Image search: [Google]
Anita and Zoe cash in at the UN.png
272 KB, 599x501
>>70856875
>>
>>70857584
>>deadpool
>>wolverine, days of future past or apocalypse
You should watch those, they aren't that bad, specially Deadpool.
>>
>>70857620

Yes.

Corporate Left will VERY cynically use identity politics and liberalism to detract and defend their corporate interests.
>>
>/2016/06/19
wut
>>
>>70857620
yup, sorry man.

We were being played
>>
>>70856905
You are talking to a Sony shill. They are the ones who bring the /pol/ bogeyman out of nowhere as damage control.
>>
>>70857556
That's not left wing. Left wing means the seizure of the means of production to transform societies material conditions.
Identity politics works in the capitalist framework, merely rearranging the material conditions but without changing them.
>>
How is saying you don't want to watch a movie an "online attack"?
>>
>>70857650
I'm at a point where I have pretty high standards for movies desu. I usually watch high budget television (cheaper comedies maybe if the writing is good) and I catch up on older movies. I don't have a lot of time so I'd rather watch high quality content than stuff that I'm not excited in. But thanks, maybe if I'm ever in the mood for some capeshit I'll look into them.
>>
>>70857684
identity politics are just the new face of marxism though. Marxism used social classes to push for wealth redistribution and leftists are doing the same today by using identity politics.
i.e. the wage gap, it's just a flat statistic with no meaning to it, but when paired up with identity politics means we should give more money to women just because they are women.
>>
>>70857724
2 million loyal fans
>10$ per ticket (at least)

do the math.

if only a fraction of his fans follow his lead, thats still a chunk out of some fatcats paycheck
>>
>>70857007
SJW are all about bullying and violence as long as the ones receiving it are the "bad" people.

Take the antifa cucks or the anti-Trump protesters.
>>
>>70857684
POWER TO THE PROLETARIAT.
>>
>>70857684
maybe you should follow that line of thought, think bigger - to what extent the left works for the current order (not just neoliberal id politics)?

You don't find it odd that a majority of the working class (men/ white men/ "homophobes"/ "transphobes") are demonized like entitled privileged rapists like you'd do with an enemy army?
>>
File: Robocop MMPR.jpg (516 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
Robocop MMPR.jpg
516 KB, 1500x1000
>>70857077
>He wasn't here for the /tv/ hate train
>>
Joke's on them. James just gained about 60,000 subs.
>>
>>70857791
But Robocop and Total Recall didn't get the hate train of dislikes when I thought the trailers looked like SHIT
>>
>>70857791

That looks better. The bad part about the design is that it's all black. There's no color contrast. He looks like batman without a cape.

The Silver/black design seen near the end of the film is far superior.
>>
>>70857807
he also grew his hair back and removed his dick cage
>>
>>70857733
>I'd rather watch high quality content
Oh boy, I can't recommend anything new.
>>
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 250x393) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 250x393
>>70855775
>>
File: Pepe Rodger.jpg (225 KB, 1656x1378) Image search: [Google]
Pepe Rodger.jpg
225 KB, 1656x1378
>>70857164
>>
>>70855991
It's so sad that these are supposed to be satirical yet this is exactly what is happening.
>>
>>70857684
Left and right aren't clearly defined terms, they don't translate neatly to socialist/capitalist.
>>
File: Untitled.png (474 KB, 998x516) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
474 KB, 998x516
>>70857371
The results are in
>>
>>70857443
>pretend it could be good for some good cause
it's liberal women and numales version of "the ends justify the means". Anyone seeing those trailers and force-thinking "they dont know for sure it cant be good!" is just deluding themselves for a greater cause

The movie could end up being two hours of sambo blackface but they'd still be in "THOSE EVIL REPUBLICANS RACISTS FAGGOT GAY-HATERS CANT WIN!" mode
>>
>>70857227
The complete lack of self awareness from this man baby astounds me.
>>
>>70857230
This. SocJus is a cult. The sooner people realize this the better.
>>
>>70856387

Like every Sony Pictures movie trailer, it's filled with bad CGI and poorly executed jokes set to an audio punchline cue. And it reeks of shameless desperation.

You're probably used to seeing that sort of thing, sadly, so it doesn't seem unordinary to you.
>>
>>70857745
>Marxism used social classes to push for wealth redistribution
No it doesn't. Advanced communism would abolish wages, there would not be, in RELATIVE terms, any such thing as wealth.
The wage gap, which I do not believe in as a form of oppression but the choice of women who don't wish to enter STEM fields, is due to several reason. For example, women who want to take time off work to have children are penalised for a physical difference - you are not creating profit for a company so you do not get money or long term opportunity - this is despite the fact that no one should give a flying fuck about some CEOs profit, having children is a part of nature - money is not. Secondly, while I do believe there is more merit in someone with an engineering degree than a womens studies major, a lot of female dominated fields such as nursing are still highly important to society - and yet they are paid less. I'm not saying nurses should be paid shitloads, I believe people should not being paid shitloads in the first place. Bring everything into the middle.
inb4
>muh human nature
>muh incentive
>muh works on paper
>muh soviet union, venezuela, other non-communist society
>>
>>70857924
>there would not be, in RELATIVE terms, any such thing as wealth.
What did he mean by that?
>>
File: happy merchant.gif (3 MB, 419x313) Image search: [Google]
happy merchant.gif
3 MB, 419x313
>>70855194

>The NYT
>>
>>70855631
NYT has had dumb young writers for awhile now. They report on dumb shit like twitter feuds.
Journalism will be awful once all the old fogies finally die.
>>
>>70857286
It is a cult, I have been saying it for years. Privilege is just the lefts version of original sing.
Born with it
Didn't do anything to earn it
The only way to get rid of it is to repeat their prayers and follow their dogma
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 51

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.