[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was gonna sit down and watch Seven Samurai but I checked the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: long.png (27 KB, 646x210) Image search: [Google]
long.png
27 KB, 646x210
Was gonna sit down and watch Seven Samurai but I checked the run time and i'm not sure if i'm up to it. Any other films like it that have a more digestible run time and maybe even be a bit more modern?
>>
>>70635307

Fix a drink, sit your bitch ass down and watch it.
>>
>>70635307
fuck off pleb.

i watched love exposure in one sitting.

it is 4 hours
>>
no point watching movies like this anyway.
Claiming to be 'patrician' and watching films like this is the biggest pleb move going. Literally only reason to watch them is bragging rights and everyone would think youre a loser anyway watching this shit
>>
>>70635307
get the fuck out

>>70635345
you too
>>
It has an intermission OP
>>
>>70635326
Yeah for sure i'm going too but i dunno if i'm set for that kind of investment right now though

>>70635337
I will at some point man, just want something as bit "lighter" right now

>>70635345
I'm interested in the historic impact of the movie as a closer weeb I love jap stuff. Just right now not what i'm looking for

>>70635363
Oh come on, don't turn tv into a

>>70635368
It's a movie not a stag play. I can pause it at any time.
>>
>>70635307

SEVEN SAMURAI IS A MISERABLE MELODRAMATIC ORDEAL

WATCH THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN INSTEAD

WEST > EAST
>>
>>70635307
>Any other films like it that have a more digestible run time and maybe even be a bit more modern?
Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen.
>>
the magnificent seven is basically the same movie, except it's in english instead of chinese and it has cowboys instead of samurais. It's way better, idk why anyone even likes the piece of shit in the OP.
>>
>>70635388

Well, when you have the time to be invested, give it a look. If you're not, go to bed and give it a shot when you have a few hours free.
>>
Just take a break every 30-45 minutes and discuss it with your friends.

...you don't watch movies by yourself, do you?
>>
Put it on in the background and browse 4chan during the boring parts
>>
>>70635431
Oh fuck well I guess i'm watching it

>>70635438
Most of the time I do but this time I'm watching it with my girlfriend who is really pushing for us to watch it.
>>
>>70635491

Good. Make a thread when you're done.
>>
just marathon it at 3x speed. Trust me, this garbage is not worth its actual runtime.
>>
Kurosawa is fucking shit. there are much more interesting movies out there OP. don't bother with it.
>>
File: 51ZA3AXJPKL.jpg (55 KB, 333x475) Image search: [Google]
51ZA3AXJPKL.jpg
55 KB, 333x475
Try watching the Hidden Fortress first. It is shorter but a masterpiece from start to finish. Action driven with some absolutely brilliant scenes.
>>
>>70635718
Then what are some? Something Japaneses or Chinese preferred
>>
>>70635775
Kurosawa and Ozu and the best Japanese directors, and they're both very slow on purpose. It's a Japanese trait in general to have breaks with which to take a breath.

You might not enjoy it, but it is enjoyable.
>>
>>70635307
Ghostbusters (2016)
1h 45m
>>
>>70635775
Check out The sword of doom or harakiri if you want samurai kino.
>>
>>70635947
Anything more modern? The quality on the trailers look awful
>>
>>70635775
YOJIMBO IS BEST MIFUNE/KUROSAWA

YOUR GF SOUNDS LIKE A TRYHARD WEEB
>>
>>70636129
Shes worse, she a film student as an elective
>>
>>70636154
FUCKS SAKE

SEVEN SAMURAI IS ENTRY LEVEL, YOU'RE IN FOR A TON OF PRETENTIOUS SHIT
>>
>tfw last movies I saw were the Director's Cut of Dances With Wolves and the Extended Cuts of Lord of the Rings

felt like I had merged with my sofa
>>
>>70636192
Are you ZodiacMF?

>>70636261
Them Lord of the Rings Extended cuts go on for fucking ever
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.