[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Least Favorite Character Archetypes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: Evil Army Man.jpg (74 KB, 930x653) Image search: [Google]
Evil Army Man.jpg
74 KB, 930x653
>>
>>69998056
The character that is a self-reference to the fans who write fan fictions about that show or just write fan fictions in general.
>>
>>69998056
Evil Businessman/Corporation/Politician kills me. That is the laziest way to write a villain.

Exhibit A: Iron Man 3. God forbid you try a different type of villain, just do what the other movies did.
>>
File: Cisco.png (1003 KB, 1265x703) Image search: [Google]
Cisco.png
1003 KB, 1265x703
>>69998204
Heavily overlapping with this one:

>The fanboy/fangirl character who points out tropes as they happen, and uses memes in their dialogue

This was nowhere a few years ago, but very recently it's exploded and now it's fucking everywhere.
>>
>>69998205
Yup. Hate it too.
>>
>>69998205
Yup.

Hated ant man's villan too.
>>
File: POS.gif (2 MB, 500x220) Image search: [Google]
POS.gif
2 MB, 500x220
>The hacker
>>
>>69998056
>that's the guy who plays Kingpin in DD
How???
>>
the Katniss
>>
>>69998204
this

>Invincible sexy female agent
>Invincible generic white military background male agent
>Edgelord with a heart of gold
>>
The love interest who exists to give the main character depth but also to act as an obstacle to him.
>>
>>69998724
So you see him as the kingpin
You're what's wrong with this board
>>
Either impossibly skilled, brooding antihero or stronk independent womyn who can beat all the boyz.
>>
The Daenerys
>>
The guy who's a handsome prince and we're supposed to be on his side because he's both handsome and a prince.

The guy who gets a chance at something better but gives it up because it would involve not being around his loser friends.
>>
>Villain who is completely overpowered until the last five minutes of the movie with little explanation given

I love it when the bad guys have feasible weaknesses too
>>
File: Stink Lines.png (369 KB, 718x313) Image search: [Google]
Stink Lines.png
369 KB, 718x313
The ugly, cowardly, selfish, petty character that exists only for the audience to hate. There's something off about the venom involved, like the author needs someone to bully.
>>
I'm bored to death of Gary Stu bullshit (capeshit, essentially).
>>
>>69998922
Subject A
>>
>>69998205
Yeah the Evil U.S Senator always gets me.
>>
>>69998882
>The guy who's a handsome prince and we're supposed to be on his side because he's both handsome and a prince.
This isn't /r9k/.
>>
>>69998801
they live in a world of shit my friend
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.