[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How are they gonna kill this bitch's character?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 9
How are they gonna kill this bitch's character?
>>
>>69680198

But Kevin's character has more screen time... What the hell is she talking about?

Not every actor is paid the same, and this is regardless of gender.
>>
Who even is Robin Wright? I've heard the name but why does she thinks she deserves as much as Kevin Spacey?
>>
File: The Congress.jpg (1 MB, 2032x3000) Image search: [Google]
The Congress.jpg
1 MB, 2032x3000
>>69680333
well, she's in one of the best movies of the 21st century
>>
>>69680198
>has less screentime
>has less screen credits over her career
>has less awards
Fuck that, give me the same pay or I'm going to bitch on social media about muh gender wage gap.
>>
>>69680198
>the star of the show, an a-list actor, who has most of the screen time, gets paid more than a secondary character played by somebody that most people have never heard of

Come on. I'd understand if she was Scarlett Johansson or something, but this is ridiculous.
>>
>>69680358
>a movie about how her career tanked and she's a nobody
>I want as much money as Kevin Spacey!
>>
people are not watching the show because of her
>>
>>69680198
>multiple Oscar/BAFTA/Golden Globe/Tony award-winning actor who has way more screen time than you and who is the main character gets paid more than you
>'surely this is because of sexism'
>>
she's bland as fuck in it
>>
>threaten to go public if they don't pay her extra
>pay her extra
>goes public anyway
well she fits the house of cards character anyway
>>
>>69680198
Kevin Spacey is a name, a draw. Of course he was paid more. Robin Wright is a literally who.
>>
Robin Wright or Ryback, who deserves a raise more?

http://thebigguyryback22.tumblr.com/post/143803724226/feed-me-more

I say fire them both.
>>
>>69680198
Don't see what people are botching about. The reason women don't get paid the same is that they're not willing to negotiate their own pay: men do. Penn did, got her pay upped. That's how you negotiate a contract, Kobe Bryant style.

Not really about gender so much as complacency. If you don't ask for anything you're unlikely to get anything.
>>
>>69680198

>demands same pay as the main character
>good career move

This woman is going to retire after house of cards, willingly or not.
>>
File: captain phillips.jpg (26 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
captain phillips.jpg
26 KB, 1280x720
>Co-star Kevin Spacey was earning significant more for a period of time

Well DUH. What was she expecting? Spacey is known. He is a big name with two Oscars. Who the fuck is Robin Wright and what does she have? Her biggest career accomplishment so far is that she shared the screen with Spacey and now she wants to get as much money as the man himself? Is she delusional?

That's as if pic related asked to be paid as much as Tom Hanks.
>>
>>69680442
I agree, but the movie is so fucking dope.
>>
Shouldn't this be something you're trashing your agent, or SAG for?
>>
>>69680859
Oh yeah, The Congress is amazing. That scene where Harvey Keitel is getting her to emote really solidified it as a quality production.
>>
>>69680198
>Give me more money or I'll go public
>They give her more money
>She still goes public

Should have just lowballed the cunt
>>
Name five Kevin Spacey movies

Now name five Robin Wright movies
>>
>>69680928
not if you're an attention whore
>>
>>69680964
American Beauty, Usual Suspects, Glengarry Glenross, Beyond the Sea, Seven

Forrest Gump, The Congress................

Holy shit. Literally can't think of any more without googling. Tons would come back to me once I saw a list but she's had an underwhelming and unmemorable career
>>
>>69680646
What would Ryback even do if he gets fired from WWE? The guy looks like roided potato that doesn't give him many career options
>>
>>69681226
Ex-WWE guys can always go to TNA (in which case, good luck getting rich, Ryback). There's also rumors about him going to Japan, but they already have a guy like Ryback that also happens to be much better.

There really are other promotions but none as big as WWE. The question is if they can offer a better deal than WWE and if they have use for him. If Ryback is smart, he should embrace his role in the company and kiss Vince's ass.
>>
>>69681360
>There really are other promotions but none as big as WWE
Exactly, it seems to me that even as a jobber you will get way more in WWE than as a champion in the other promotions. Maybe the japs would pay him more but I doubt that they need that many big guys whit shit tier skills. Also it was rumored that he is dangerous to other wrestlers thanks to his big strength and lack of skill, that won't help his career either.
>>
>>69680198
I watch the show for Spacey.
>>
File: Illuminati-Logo.png (172 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
Illuminati-Logo.png
172 KB, 800x800
>>69680358

>not Seven
>not American Beauty
>not L.A. Confidential
>not The Usual Suspects
>not part of the illuminati.
>>
>>69680198
>bigger name
>more prestige
>bigger role
>more screentime
>I WANT TO BE PAID THE SAME
this equal pay meme is getting out of hand
>>
>>69681461
He has improved considerably and I think I even saw him save Kalisto from a botch (Kalisto's) recently on Raw. But this could be like when Kevin Nash got tired of WCW and pretended to be a nice friendly giant to all the cruiserweights so WWE would sign him too.
>>
>Kevin Spacey, award winning actor known from movies American Beauty, K-Pax, L.A. Confidential, The Usual Suspects, Seven and more

>Robin Wright, actress known as the ex-wife of Sean Penn

People are fucking retarded these days.
>>
>>69680198
I actually have no problem for this. Not negotiating for pay is one of the reasons women earn slightly less than men in the workplace.
>>
>>69681569
>He has improved considerably
Really? I haven't watched for over a year since I don't have that much time anymore but I might start watching at east PPVs again. Also it seem like Wade Barret quit? That sucks if it's true, he was one of the better talents imo.
>>
File: slams internally.jpg (41 KB, 396x446) Image search: [Google]
slams internally.jpg
41 KB, 396x446
>earning significant more [sic!]

quality journalism
>>
>>69681019
you forgot Princess Bride
>>
>>69680198
If Kevin Spacey transitioned to a woman.. Would they have to pay him less?
>>
I don't think any show pays the second-on-the-bill actor as much as the lead. Especially fucking not when that lead actor is KEVIN SPACEY. The show wouldn't have been as big of a hit without his name. Of course he'll get paid more.
>>
>>69680667
Nah man, if they negotiate their pay, then they're immediately seen as gold digging bitchy whores!
Not as professional actresses, and all around logical beings.
Fuck the patriarchy!
>>
File: Pepe smug artistic.jpg (71 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
Pepe smug artistic.jpg
71 KB, 499x499
>>69680198
It's okay, soon she'll break out with her performance in the soon to be box-office hit Wonder Woman.
They will have no other choice but to pay her more than Kevin Spacey.
>>
>>69680333
> I don't watch the show, but here's my opinion
>>>/v/
>>
>>69680198
Well I sure do hope Kevin fucking Spacey is paid more than Robin Who

Are these people even real
>>
>>69680556
so meta
>>
>>69680556
She must one hell of a method actor.
I mean this is just like when she complained at the end of season 3 that Frank holds way more power than her.
>>
sounds like she (or most likely her agent) is a good negotiator. I don't see the problem
>>
>>69685896
"I'm sorry I made you UN Ambassador."
"I'm sorry I made you President."

"What the fuck are YOU looking at"
>>
>>69680198
So basically she is Claire in real life too
>>
ha, hoc is fucking dead, the show should have finished already, now we got 2 seasons deconstructing Frank's character into a weak cuck while making her a strong womyn for no reason other than grrrrrl power
this show will end with frank in prison or some other crap ending for him while his wife is the most popular president ever and riding different dicks every night because she needs no man
>>
>>69685936
>can't negotiate a rise in her salary
>has to appeal to manginas and betas in the media so they'll pressure the production
>>
>>69686049
>in the end gets what she wants because the production values her enough to cave in

your point being?
>>
>>69681719
Well, I say "considerably" but probably more accurate to say he's just become decent. He's still a bit sloppy here and there, but he used to be outright dangerous in the ring.

Yes, Wade Barret has quit, which sucks indeed. WWE did their usual spring cleaning but he was one of the few (maybe the only one) that had asked for his release prior. He's been working his ass off getting over despite WWE giving him terrible gimmicks but now he feels he's not going anywhere in WWE. Last I heard he was apparently going to work indies in UK but I dunno.
>>
> Kevin spacey has more screen time
but his character in this season spent most of his time being comatosed tho
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (100 KB, 790x486) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
100 KB, 790x486
>>
File: 1409619599005.jpg (34 KB, 383x383) Image search: [Google]
1409619599005.jpg
34 KB, 383x383
>>69686526
you have talent mate
>>
>>69680198
robin wright deserves as much money as the main draw with 2 oscars?

women really are delusional. kevin should just ask for another raise
>>
>>69680198

Understandable if it was for season 4. She got more screentime than previous seasons and was an executive producer and directed some of it.

But Spacey has the name recognition factor in his pay
>>
>>69686526
>then she does get equal pay
sounds like the male is the retarded one
>>
They can't kill her off.

She's going to kill Underwood in the series finale.
>>
actors get paid as much as they can get
if it isn't enough, or the show won't help their career, they walk

get a better agent

>threatened to go public if they didn't agree
then went public anyway
what a bitch
>>
I'm okay with this. The fact that she went public even after she got what she wanted means she'll probably be blacklisted and won't be hired for anything significant ever again.
>>
>>69680358
>>69681537
>not Forest Gump
>>
>>69686953
whata strong independent woman
>>
at the end of the day

they could kill claire off and still be able to come up with loads of new and exciting characters and conflicts for frank to tackle

without frank, this show would be nothing
>>
Such a shame loved her in 'the Congress'.
>>
>>69680198
It's so clear that she wasn't paid as much
because she didn't have as much screen
time... Fucking hell
>>
>>69680198
Surely Kevin Spacey gets paid more because he's a bigger name?

Otherwise, why doesn't Eric Roberts get paid just as much as Christian Bale and Leonardo DiCaprio? DISCRIMINATION! DISCRIMINATION!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>69680198
>Digital Content Producer

So, "shitposter", basically.
>>
File: claire.png (91 KB, 258x191) Image search: [Google]
claire.png
91 KB, 258x191
>>
Doesn't she direct a lot of episodes though? If she is still getting paid less than Spacey when she's both acting and directing, then she has a good reason to complain.
>>
>>69680198
>>69680333
>>69687076
what's with all the hate? instead of praising this woman for using sharp business sense to restructure her contract, you guys focus on calling her names because in your warped notion of how the world works she does not deserve the money? wtf? are you guys all 5 years old? you definitely whine like little bitches.
>>
>>69681745
>I don't know what (sic) means
>>
>>69680556
> woman is untrustworthy whore
News at 11.
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.