[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I hope all of you who sided with Cap and Bucky actually do lose
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 28
File: tony.gif (1 MB, 245x250) Image search: [Google]
tony.gif
1 MB, 245x250
I hope all of you who sided with Cap and Bucky actually do lose your parents in a grisly murder.

I can't wait to see the look on your faces when the killer gets off with an insanity/brainwashed defense and trollfaces you in court.
>>
File: feelsbatman.jpg (20 KB, 400x343) Image search: [Google]
feelsbatman.jpg
20 KB, 400x343
>>
based Tonyposter
>>
The hand that pulled the trigger that killed your sons now masturbates to the memory.
>>
>>69239544
I fucking hated that scene.
At what fucking point were Tony and Steve EVER friends? Sure they worked together but at best they were just professional teammates and most of the time had nothing but contempt for the other.
>>
>>69239790
risking lives together can form a strong bond, if vietnam movies are to be believed
>>
>>69239544

I hope your family is killed by some parasitic Weapon's merchant that benefits off of innocents being killed by corrupt armies.
>>
>>69239790
its called banter and being friendly rivals you autistic friendless fuck
>>
>>69239874
How many deaths has Tony been responsible for? Surely tens of thousands.
>>
Tony did nothing wrong
>>
File: intoletrashetc.jpg (6 KB, 268x188) Image search: [Google]
intoletrashetc.jpg
6 KB, 268x188
>>69239874
>capitalism is bad
>our troops are bad
>muh 99%

You need to go back.
>>
>>69239790
This

In fact, ever since the first Avengers, they've hated each other
>>
>>69239874
>>69239907
Tony didn't kill anyone, it was the people who used his weapons. If they didn't buy it from him, it would have been from someone else.
>>
>>69239544

And enslave myself to be a lapdog for the UN?

Fuck off. They failed to prevent genocide and look to people like Anita Sarkeesian for guidance.
>>
>>69239899
Are you literally retarded?
Just listen to the dialogue between them in Avengers. They are outright hostile
>>
>>69239965

>implying the relationship didn't evolve

Yeah you're retarded.
>>
>>69239931
His tech was far more advance than any other rivals and nothing rivaled that damage that his weapons would do. Tony was at one point a warmonger who didn't give a fuck until he realized what he was doing was wrong and he changed his ways.
>>
>>69239927
Yeah, but they just met there and 4 years has passed since.
>>
>>69239953

This.

Based Cap knew what was up.
>>
>taking sides with fictional characters in a move and getting emotional about it

are all capeshitters is autistic?
>>
>>69239926
why strawman and project? the moment you do, you lose any argument you were trying to have
>>
>>69239544

Tony is a flaming bag of dicks. He is basically a reformist teetotaler.

People hate those people so badly that they allowed men to go back to getting drunk and beating their women.

You have to really hate someone to willingly think that is better than prohibition.
>>
>>69239986
>no u
How the fuck did it evolve at all?
You seriously think the whole "language" running "joke" is reason enough to believe theyre suddenly friends?
Its almost like youve never had an interaction with another person
>>
>>69239544
I doubt anyone side with Cap and Bucky.

Seriously believing Cap was right to never tell Tony the truth.. u are insane to defend this
>>
>>69240075
>strawmanning is only okay when i do it

lol
>>
File: 1373565207025.jpg (67 KB, 583x423) Image search: [Google]
1373565207025.jpg
67 KB, 583x423
>>69239624
>mfw he mumbles this into the mic like a beta faggot
desu they should have executed him after that. what an edgy kiddo
>>
>>69239544
Captain America was being naive as fuck
>>
>>69240153
now you're writing nonsense
>>
>>69240015
>>69239953
>the UN has power

Kids these days
>>
>>69240168
How?
Do you honestly believe politicians dont have agendas that they would try to use the Avengers to enforce? Thats not even cynical thats a fucking fact.
>>
>>69240168

How was he naive? he was right.

They allowed Hydra to assrape their entire defense strategy and his last 11th hour saved the entire planet from their asshatery.
>>
>>69240172
no u
>>
>>69240168

>hire people to guard your nukes
>fail to background check
>asshats now have your nukes
>but guberment is gud
>no rly
>>
>>69240186

Another reason why none of us who had super powers would join them.

They're as useless as tits on a bull.
>>
>>69240207
You would think Tony would understand that, especially since he would have been killed if not for Cap seeing through all the hydra bullshit.
I mean if he couldnt even stop 3 helicopters he KNEW were coming, how would be able to survive a helicarier attack?
>>
>>69240206
Everyone has agendas.

It's more naïve to think people with superhuman powers wouldn't have agendas when we've specifically seen them have exactly that.

It's funny you think the Avengers shouldn't be responsible to the same country whose soil they live on.
>>
>>69240287
>muh hydra
>>
Fug off government reeeeee
>>
>>69239790
THey are professionally friends not personally friends.. You ever heard why some TV Duo seems to work long time in real life than most celebs that are really close in real life?

Thats how it is, well it sucks that you people cant identify between the two so yeah.
>>
>>69240346
?
>>
>>69240285
They were useful as someone to pick up the tab whenever the Avengers killed civies.

It's actually funny that Steve wouldn't agree to let them do that. They were a blank check for all future Avengers activities.
>>
>>69240287

Oh I think tony has weapons lying around that could take them out but not before many millions of people died. Way more than nukes since they can move around but the fact there was no background defense to stop these things is insane.

We send entire fleets as backup for our carriers.
>>
>>69240323
When exactly did the Avengers go out of their way to do anything?
They only act when literally the entire goddamn world is threatened so if you think having a political agenda is equivalent to superhumans acting in order to save the entire planet then there is no point arguing with you further since you are clearly an idiot.
The only time any of them display any actual agenda is when they act separately and their actions have no consequence on a global scale, unlike what would happen if they were to give authority over their actions to the UN.
>>
tony - freedom hating communist faggot
cap - a real american
>>
>>69240434
>more than half the threats were either of their own creation/caused by them

>when did they ever do anything wah??

Even the whole conflict in civil war was Steve's fault. If he stayed out of it, Zemo would've still killed those other supermans but without Tony and Steve having to fight each other.

Also, I like your logic.

>absolute power never corrupts absolutely, Avengers always would've stayed pure

Bullshit. You sound like those people who say civies shouldn't own guns because the government would never oppress us.
>>
who /teamhulk/ here??
>>
File: draper.jpg (32 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
draper.jpg
32 KB, 413x395
>>69240435
>wanting people to have absolute power with no checks and balances means you love freedom

You have to be at least 18 to post.
>>
>>69239790
The best part of the brutal fight between Steve and Tony was how it was ended by Steve piercing Tony's heart with the thing made by Tony's dad.

Bit more poignant than "Martha!"
>>
>>69240686
But but but BvS was too deep for you!
>>
>>69240686
>The best part of the brutal fight between Steve and Tony was how it was ended by Steve piercing Tony's heart with the thing made by Tony's dad.
Made by Tony's dad and symbolizes Steve. Steve, the person to which Tony was always compared to by his dad and constantly came up short.
>>
Signing the shit or continue fighting baddies on your own and being an outlaw? Both options are shit, Id just fucking retire and use my superpowers in showbiz.
>>
File: 1413866172098.jpg (9 KB, 220x206) Image search: [Google]
1413866172098.jpg
9 KB, 220x206
>>69240686
>that part where Tony thought Cap was literally going to behead him with his shield
>>
civil war is the best mcu movie
>>
>>69240610
>you sound like those people who say civies shouldnt own guns because the government would never oppress us
So you're saying that because i oppose goverment unjustly declaring it should control the avengers that this somehow means i support governmental control over firearms?
This just proves that even capeshit politics is too much for you.
>Steves Fault
If he never went after Bucky it still wouldnt affect his stance on the sokovia accords, which as you might recall was the reason he started butting heads with Iron Man in the first place. Bucky may have been what pushed Iron Man to fight them but the team was already divided and several were already in prison.
>more than half the threats
you mean one.
>Loki
Not avengers fault, wanted to rule long before Thor joined them.
>Zemo
Blames the avengers even though Ultron was the one who lifted the city in the air but...
>Ultron
Fair enough, Tony is a fucking moron
>Hydra
Existed long before the Avengers
>Iron Monger
Was a villain before Iron Man was a thing
>Whiplash
His motivation to hate Iron Man made no fucking sense
>Mandarin
A psychopath who would have been a villain regardless of whether or not Tony met him on the rooftop
>Malekith
Again, existed way before the Avengers
>Yellowjacket
Was clearly a criminal psychopath and his motivation had nothing to do with the avengers
>Red Skull
Existed before the avengers
So it depends on if you count Zemo as acting in revenge against the avengers because Ultron is gone and he can only direct his hatred at them but the fairest i can do is that 1.5 of the many MCU villains are the Avengers fault.
>>
File: helicarrier.jpg (77 KB, 600x419) Image search: [Google]
helicarrier.jpg
77 KB, 600x419
>>69240796
The third option was staring them in the face. They could just sign the accords, still do whatever they wanted, and get an angry letter from the UN every now and then whenever there was collateral damage.

That's literally how these things work.

Cap didn't know this because he's been out of the geopolitical loop for too long.
>>
>>69240872
Also
>General/Secretary Ross
Had a problem with superhumans before the Avengers
>Abomination
Was driven insane by forcing someone to give him too much of the super soldier syrum, NOT the avengers.
>>
>>69240872
That's enough to justify token oversight, which is what the UN would've been.

Literally no one has ever been punished for defying UN resolutions, except via sanctions through individual member states.

It was the lightest possible slap on the wrist and a blank check for all future missions and Steve didn't know he could ride it like a fiddle instead of trying to work outside the system.

Shit was hilarious.
>>
if you are not on Tonys side at the beginning of the movie you have no brain
if you are not on Tonys side at the end of the movie you have no heart
>>
>>69240980
>He doesnt recognize Tony's hypocrisy
He literally became Iron Man because he didnt like his technology being used for things he didnt personally agree with yet in Civil war is all for literally being used himself for things he may not agree with.
>>
>>69240980
This.
>>
File: Ron Swanson.jpg (42 KB, 502x574) Image search: [Google]
Ron Swanson.jpg
42 KB, 502x574
The way it should work is the way it does in the comics. They have an "Avengers Charter" agreed to by the United Nations and the US government that is basically pic related. They shouldn't be government employees or vigilantes, they should be a specific group of people given the legal authority to act as superheroes.
>>
>>69240980
ok, communist faggot
>>
>>69241050
>he is not able to recognize character development over 5 movies
>even capeshit is too deep for him
>>
>>69241050
>Tony realizes he needs to grow up and accept the team should at least cover their asses on the legal side of things since what they're doing is completely unconstitutional

>baaaaawww what a hypocrite
>>
>>69240010
No he was self centered

He knew he was making weapons to kill people, he didn't care

It wasn't till his own weapons were used against him that he put himself in the middle of it

>Hurr I made a weapon that can level a mountain
>OMG THEY ARE USING IT TO KILL PEOPLE
>>
>>69241201
Well, to be fair he was making weapons for the government. Obviously there's a difference between him supplying weapons to the US for what he perceives to be a good cause, and Stane providing weapons to terrorists without Tony's knowledge
>>
>>69240954
It seems to me no one knew that. Because if stark wanted steve to sign the damn accords all he really needed to do was explain how it works, as opposed to going all philosophical on us.
>>
>>69240657
Who is qualified to check and balance superheroes? They could keep the guys like Falcon in line, but Vision, Thor, Hulk, etc?

It's like Dr. Manhattan. US thinks they have him on their side, but he just fucks off on his own accord and there is nothing they can do about it.
>>
>>69240780
Well, maybe Tony shouldn't have been a such a dick his whole life.

Ain't Cap's fault.
>>
>>69241252
It's more for PR. The fact that they couldn't really control them was obvious, it was more to keep the public from flipping out whenever they lost friends or family members.
>>
>>69241201
It was more that doctor that saved his pathetic life constantly blowing him the fuck out then sacrificing himself to buy Tony time that changed his views

>Tony's face when the doctor says he has everything and absolutely nothing
>>
>>69239874
But see, Tony decided to change that. Cap kept defending his murderous friend.
>>
File: ANTS.jpg (14 KB, 290x330) Image search: [Google]
ANTS.jpg
14 KB, 290x330
>>69239544
I'm only team Cap because of Ant-Man
>>
>>69240893

Not Cap's way though. You very much get the sense from his movies that he isn't the type of person to do that.

Granted I wish they'd given him a bit of dialogue after Tony says "Just sign it, we can amend the fuck out of it later so we can do whatever we want any way" where he replies with it being morally wrong to agree to something you're going to immediately sabotage.

Also would have liked it if someone had pointed out that the Accords are useless since the only way they get enforced is if the Avengers (and other super-humans) police their own. Mere mortals are shown to be unable to contain Winter Soldier, like fuck they could do anything about Iron Man or Vision or whoever if they decided to cut loose.

But that's a bit nit-picky, the movie is great.
>>
the final fight in this movie was so much better than the garbage in bvs.
>>
>>69241249
A lot of things could've been solved from just explaining. Cap could've asked how things worked or asked Tony to help bring Bucky in alive as a personal favor and so on.

The movie needed everyone to choose the most hot-headed options to have a conflict.
>>
You know, Cap could have probably avoided a lot of hurt if he had signed the accords. He probably could have angled, as a newly sanctioned member of the official team, to be the one to bring in Bucky based on his rapport with him, just like Stark was able to do before the airport fight. And think if he had brought Bucky back after the Zemo episode, rather than holing up in some off-the-grid location. They were gunning to kill on sight when they started, because they thought there was no other way to bring him in, but then he DID surrender, and they DID bring him in, so they obviously weren't just going to murder him without trial. If Cap had just tried to explain better what was going on to the officials, they might have even been able to mobilize a team to try to track down Zemo together.

But he decided that he was right, and the rest of the world was wrong, and that he would tell them "No, you move."
>>
File: 1461263877194.jpg (20 KB, 600x447) Image search: [Google]
1461263877194.jpg
20 KB, 600x447
>>69240686
> Always be the "little brother" who wasn't good enough
> Discover "bigger brother" defends dad's murderer
> Rightfully try to avenge dad
> Beaten to shit by bigger brother with dad's gift

Holy shit. Right then Cap was only nominally the good guy. Tony was denied his father's love, his brother's love, his revenge. I would have MURDERED Cap and Bucky. At the least deliver the line more bitterly

> You don't deserve that SHIELD, Rogers!! You hear me?!! It's not YOURS!! It belonged to my FATHER!!!
>>
>>69241447

Every problem in human history could have been sold if people sat down and worked things out rationally.

In CW they make it clear *why* they're acting irrationally. Cap is trying to protect his best and oldest friend, his literal battle buddy from the Second World War. Tony is pissed because he just watched Bucky choke his mother to death.

It's not like they rolled a D100 on the random reactions chart or some shit. It was visceral and human.
>>
>>69241497
I chalk it up to the Russos thinking the audience would lose patience if they actually made the political red tape talk realistic.

You already have plebs complaining there was too much of that shit.
>>
friendly reminder that cap was an active US Army officer, and thus became a traitor. hes full of shit with his rules and honor. he just performs mental gymnastics to justify his bullshit
>>
>>69241576
>Tony is pissed because he just watched Bucky choke his mother to death.
It doesn't explain why he acted like a retard and didn't try to explain how the accords hold no real power over the avengers
>>
>>69241576
I'm not really complaining about them, but more idiots saying Cap was 100% in the right (see most Gen X/Millennial YouTube reviewers) instead of realizing you can work within the system to get what you want, usually with better results.

Too many "fuck the man, fuck authority, muh 99% faggots" saying Tony was a fag and Steve was making the most sense - simply because none of them have even a rudimentary understanding of international or even federal law.
>>
>>69241597
I'm not arguing that's what should have happened from a narrative perspective. Narratively, it's good that in a movie that's about the crumbling of a team, one person isn't held up as always making the right calls and acting rationally. I'm just saying in-universe, IF he had done it, though he didn't realize or admit it to himself, he would have made things a lot easier for everyone.
>>
>>69241707

I think it comes down more to Cap looking back at what's happened to that point.

His story arc across the movies to date is that he makes the morally correct (and not always personally easy) choices for the greater good, even in the face of Nazi super science or HYDRA trying to take over the world. There are casualties, yes, but ultimately the world is a better place for what he's done.

Tony, on the other hand... weapons maker, functional alcoholic, the dickery of himself and his father created Whiplash and the real villain of IM3, plus Ultron. Tony's had his face rubbed in the fact that he, personally, cannot be trusted with the power he has.

And since Tony's the smartest person on the planet- at least as far as he's concerned- if he can't be trusted to act without oversight than no-one can.

I can understand why people might have preferred that be made explicit, and as the continuity gets more sprawling they'll need to look at that. But if you've seen Winter Soldier and AoU before this, it's a very strong if unspoken thread.
>>
File: 19852098295.gif (1 MB, 245x140) Image search: [Google]
19852098295.gif
1 MB, 245x140
>>69239544
I'm just glad my waifu buried you with cars, manlet.
>>
are there really that many 16 year olds on this board?
>>
>>69242459
must be, posts like this >>69242424
wouldn't be the average otherwise
>>
>>69240117
No, it's almost like Joss never had an interaction with another person
>>
>Bucky punches Tony's dad to death

that was really violent. what the fuck, can't they just have him find them dead already after the crash?
>>
>>69243213
>we want the emasculated audience

grow up
>>
>>69239965
This is "why was Tony supporting the Accords when he opposed the government in Iron Man 2" all over again.
>>
>>69240070
I'm fairly sure you're the more autistic one here, you're unable to relate to other people, fictional or not.
>>
>>69240872
>If he never went after Bucky it still wouldnt affect his stance on the sokovia accords, which as you might recall was the reason he started butting heads with Iron Man in the first place. Bucky may have been what pushed Iron Man to fight them but the team was already divided and several were already in prison.
He was leaning towards signing the Accords in the movie before Zemo blew up the signing and before he found out Wanda would be imprisoned.
>Blames the avengers even though Ultron was the one who lifted the city in the air
Ultron, for argument's sake was a sophisticated tool created by Tony to bring about world peace.
And Ultron sought to bring about world peace by removing the one thing that was in the way of peace: humanity.
You have to remember that Ultron's personality was molded after Tony's, Ultron saw humanity the same way Tony does.
>>
>>69239790
Tony thinks everyone he's a dick to is his friend
His only real friend is Rhodes and JARVIS. But JARVIS is dead now, and Rhodey being Tony's friend is questionable.
Tony acts like an ass to everyone because he thinks that's how you act with friends.
He thinks he's being friendly, everyone else thinks he's being annoying, especially Steve
>>
>>69240117
The language thing is actually an evolution yeah. It's teasing, rather than being outright hostile
And if you watch Civil War, you'd realize that they continue that friendly teasing thing after Cap is arrested, when cap says "sometimes I wish I could" and tony says "no you don't"

"No, I don't. Sometimes-"
"Sometimes I wish I could punch you in your perfect teeth" - said in a way that makes both characters smile
>>
>>69241252
Vision and Hulk were most likely going to be imprisoned and/or shot into space for being too dangerous.
Thor might be reasoned with.
>>
>>69239544
Daddy Issues: the Iron Man Story
>>
>>69240323
I think they should be responsible.
But I don't think I would hand over the hulk to general fucking Ross
>>
>>69241381
and I'm only team iron man because of spider-man, fight me
>>
>>69241085
And that's most likely what Tony meant when he said they can amend the Accords later.
The problem was that at that specific moment, there was too much heat for strict supervision, due to what happened in Sokovia and Lagos.
>>
>>69239544
how could you give a shit about sides when you knew they were going to be buds again in an hour?
>>
>>69243594
>I haven't seen the movie: the post
>>
>>69243466
He wasn't leaning towards it
He had just heard the Peggy carter quote and realized that he wasn't about it. "You know I can't" he says to Nat

I like that in every cap movie, advice from Peggy is what makes him make his hard decisions

"And those are your two options? A lab rat or a dancing monkey. You were meant for more than this you know" - Decides to stop being a propaganda machine and use his powers to go help people

"All we can do is our best. And sometimes our best is to start over" - Decides to scrap SHIELD entirely

"If everyone decides that something wrong is something right, you plant yourself like a tree and say No, you move" - Decides not to sign the accords, therefore butting heads with half his team and the government, because he thinks it's the right thing to do
>>
>>69243696

if only the line wasn't given by a feminazi cuck supporter.

She is literal cancer. She sucked shit on everwood and she's never done a thing that was worth anything including that shitty telenovella revenge.
>>
so what's the deal with the civil war in this one?
in the comics iron man (formerly known as tony stark) sides with reed to create the 50 states initiative so that superhuman teams are regulated and spread out evenly among the us states like a police force
with a superhero "bootcamp" for rookies
the whole thing was orchestrated because superheroes didn't take any responsibility for destruction of public property
with the 50 state initiative heroes didn't need to have a day time job since they were going to get paid by the government
>>
>>69243804
Can you imagine the pay bitching between superheros?
>>
>>69243877
have a bounty system. save a life? stop a minor crime, stop a major crime, stop a national disaster, stop a global disaster - give different bounties for each etc easy.
>>
>>69243804
117 nations sign the Sokovia Accords that would require all super powered people to work under a United Nations supervisory board.
Tony supports the Accords because he's literally responsible for what happened in Age of Ultron.
Cap is against the Accords because of what happened in Winter Soldier, and because Wanda is imprisoned for being a liability.
The Accords isn't about registering secret identities, but more about accountability and supervision.
>>
>>69243804

>superhero unions
>C-Span panels for House Ways and Means about the fact Tony Stark can't get a raise
>>
>>69243946
tony stark is the director of shield
>>
File: untitled.jpg (79 KB, 736x520) Image search: [Google]
untitled.jpg
79 KB, 736x520
>>69243738
what's worse was it was supposed to be one of Cap's best quotes
>>
>>69243986

>stand up for what you believe in

such bs thats not what this nation was founded on at all. which decleration is it that tells us, above all else, to do that bullshit again, el capitano?
>>
>>69243986

so said hitler, pol pot and stalin. people in power just doing whatever they believe in is the absolute surest way to authoritarian nightmares
>>
>went to watch it in UK
>Nobody laughs at a single quip, silence all the way through, even during Spidey's superb quips
>I want to laugh but do not
>film ends, nobody claps
>I want to clap but do not
>75% of people leave during the credits

Nothing is ever fun here.
>>
>>69244081
Of course since muslim countries dislike US.
>>
>>69244081
>clapping at a movie
People do this?
>>
>>69244194

They aren't called Americlaps for no reason.
>>
File: captain germany.jpg (132 KB, 736x618) Image search: [Google]
captain germany.jpg
132 KB, 736x618
>>69243986
>>
>>69244293
ebin
>>
>no supers around = everyone dead at least twice
>no tony playing with infinity stones = no ultron
>hydra would still be around a bit more
>SHIELD is still running around the world kidnapping and caging young budding mutants/supers

Sure a few civvies will die, but that will never fucking change. At minimum two 'secret world powers' have been at each others throat for decades. Then there's the magic that is ancient and been on earth for hundreds if not thousands of years that rears it's head every now and then. Why the fuck does tony take this so personally?

Even in the MCU the IW shit is still going to happen. The interaction with asgard would still have happened (and in the past it apparently did). X-men and other mutants are MIA, supers are running around The Hand still exists because DD is canon, fuck spidey will get his few tech/magic opponents soon as well.

The whole 'we need to control supers' shit makes no sense in this context, the UN is apparently not aware of magic, yet a few countries have ties to organizations that clearly do.

MCU makes no sense, tony is a retard.
>>
>>69240394

Wouldn't have minded watching the next movie and having all the avengers/enhanced people just chill watching everyone die at location X whilst they wait for authorization to act. You know they can't legally use their powers or tech because they 'might' cause unneeded property damage or loss of life in the course of saving an individual or stopping the big bad from killed everyone.

Sure it's not in most of their personalities, but I'd love to watch it happen from a lawfag perspective: "I am doing what I am allowed to".
>>
>>69244081

>going to a srs business theater
>>
>>69241160

>do nothing lots of people die
>do something only after getting the go ahead more people die than if you'd not waited for authorization (am assuming a scenario that the accord is not a UN hand wave/slap on wrist, but actual oversight that take time to verify that yes, avengers are needed because local cops/military cannot handle the situation. This could take hours to confirm or mere minutes cause they've got to get the okay).

As for tony's own fuck ups all he needs is a few other heads than just banner to say 'you're playing with fire, lets do this some place not in the middle of a city, that's not equipped for worst case scenarios'. It's marvel land, super tech and magic is/should be everywhere. Some one will always be experimenting to get a plot moving, so if it's the heroes play safe. His fuck ups are his own, there's no need to go overboard trying to control everyone else, police your own shit first.
>>
>>69243986
Dude honestly that's such a shit quote bruh
>>
File: 1450671086246.jpg (14 KB, 264x240) Image search: [Google]
1450671086246.jpg
14 KB, 264x240
>>69245347
>>69244036
>>69244079
>>
>>69241497
He was actually about to sign it until Tony brought up Wanda being on house arrest.
>>
>>69240168
No he wasn't. He was right about everything.
The accords gave power over the avengers to the UN, to politicans, which are extremely vulnerable to infiltration and corruption as shwon by Fisk, Hydra, Loki's mind control and the Skrull.

Moreover, only one hero (that isn't a God from another realm or a raging green anger monster, because good luck trying to control those with your accords) had actually caused any problems: Tony. Nobody else almost caused the world to be destroyed. Nobody else revealed their secret identiry and thus encouraged super villians to start popping up. Nobody else shunned weak nerds for the stupidest of reasons so that years later that weak nerd and the girl you blew him off for would try and enact revenge via terrorism.
All the other heroes stopped bad things. Only Tony caused problems, because he's impulsive, egotistical, emotional an irresponsible.
But Tony couldn't ad it that he's the problem. No, it couldn't be a fault of his, it had to be a fault with all heroes. Only proving once more that Tony doesn't deserve the power he has, because he's not responsible. Nothing is ever his fault, of theres a problem it has to be something greater than just Tony being a bad person.

Tony was wrong. Wrong about everything.
>>
>>69239544
How about all those bombs and weapons created by Stark Industries that killed thousands of innocents?
>>
>>69239544
>le epic trollface
>>>reddit
>>
>>69239790
>>69240807
>>69241531
Damn, in retrospect that fight was dark af.
>>
>>69244347
>>69246695
See
>>69240893

UN oversight would've been the best thing that could've happened for them since it's basically toothless and would've just given the public a false sense of security and reassurance the next time the Avengers fuck up civilians.

There are no "UN politicians" you retarded mongoloid.
>>
File: pain.jpg (19 KB, 260x204) Image search: [Google]
pain.jpg
19 KB, 260x204
>Tony will never cry into Steve's meaty chest as they hold each other
>>
File: upset-jaguars-fan.gif (2 MB, 236x224) Image search: [Google]
upset-jaguars-fan.gif
2 MB, 236x224
>>69246695
>the UN
>power

The UN is virtually powerless. Giving the Avengers UN oversight is perfect: they just keep doing whatever the hell they want, and the only way the UN can force them to do anything is if the US, UK, France, China, and Russia all agree to it. And good luck getting those 5 countries to agree on anything.
>>
>>69239790
I liked it in the movie. In the trailer he was all mopy about it, whereas in the actual movie it came off more as 'I thought you were something you were not, now I realize you were never my friend.' than 'why won't you be my friend? *sniffle*'

Tony feels betrayed in that scene because everyone, himself included, always considered Cap to be the epitome of truth, and Cap spent the majority of AOU lecturing him about putting trust in your teammates. But Cap didn't trust Tony with the information about how his parents died.
>>
>>69247005
>>69246961
Ross, you dipshits. It basically handed them over to him.
>>
In the comic, Iron Man's motivation was that he got whipped by Sandy Hook moms into supporting superhero registration
>>
Do you think Steve will become Nomad now that he's no longer really allowed in America?
>>
>>69247005
>they just keep doing whatever the hell they want, and the only way the UN can force them to do anything is if the US, UK, France, China, and Russia all agree to it.
Did you forget the part where cap's team was arrested for doing what they wanted? It's made very clear that the UN isn't our world's defanged powerless one. They have a freaking giant underwater base for christ sake.
>And good luck getting those 5 countries to agree on anything
It would be quite hard, true. Unless your a secret organization of neo-nazi's who are part of basically every government in the world. Or a being from another realm with a staff that can mind-control people. Or a shape-shifting alien race that wants to take over the world from the inside.
Guess what. All three of those exist in the marvel universe.
>>
>>69247064
Nobody cares about Ross you stupid donut.
>>
>>69247126
Tell that to all the heroes he put in super underwater prison because they didn't follow his orders.
>>
>>69247114
>Did you forget the part where cap's team was arrested for doing what they wanted?

That will happen when you beat up a squad of German law enforcement officers chasing an international criminal.

That's not supposed to be the Avengers jurisdiction anyway, I don't know any country in the world that would be okay with superhumans interfering in a police action.

This would be like if Steve showed up in New York and instead of fighting off the aliens he just starts beating up the NYPD and National Guard.

A blank check for missions doesn't mean a blank check for full fucking retardation.
>>
>>69247171
What did you expect them to do after they not only didn't sign the accord but also went rogue?

Should've signed the accord you dumb nigger.
>>
>>69247223
Except Clint, Wilson, Wanda and Scott never beat up any officers.
They were arrested and imprisoned for not agreeing to the accords.
>>
>>69247171
Tell that to Zod's snapped neck.
>>
>>69247274
Aiding and abetting an international fugitive, anon.
>>
>>69247274
Actually they were arrested for assisting Cap, thereby making them accessories to international crime.

If they didn't get involved, no one would be imprisoning them.

You either have selective memory or just didn't watch the movie.
>>
>>69247261
That only proves Cap right.
It shows tha accords are some powerless bullshit.
Which means that Ross really does have actual power over the avengers, not just control only on paper.
So what happens if Ross is replaced by the skrull or a hydra agent?
Now the bad guys have their own personal super powered task force, which they can imprison, or possibly do even worse, if they don't obey them.
>>
hey op how you get fucked.
i will be doing yo mumma tonight
>>
>>69247326
Then why wasn't black panther arrested? He also interfered with police buisness. But he supports the accords, so I gues that makes it ok?
>>
>>69247345
Hope you're into necrophilia considering his mom is probably dead since he sympathizes with Stark so much.
>>
>>69247372
Diplomatic immunity.
>>
File: image.png (2 MB, 628x3364) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 628x3364
>>
Good lord debating about who was right and wrong in this movie get's both /tv/ and /co/'s piss boiling.

The Russos did their job well.
>>
>>69247372
He was, he's just the king of a powerful nation, so he gets an office instead of a cell. Did you just sleep through the whole movie or something?
>>
>>69247372
He was helping the UN.

Also they don't know he's hiding Steve and company.
>>
>>69247440
No, later on. After the airport fight. Everyone else was arrested, supposedly for aiding a criminal, but black panther isn't. Instead he's given the freedom to fly to russia.
There's no indication that his crimes where pardoned in between the time from his arrest and the end lf the movie.
>>
>>69247508
He was with Tony.
>>
>>69247508
Well, if Cap and Tony don't say anything, how do they know he was there?
>>
>>69247508
He was never helping Cap. Not until the very end.

Holy shit, did you even watch the movie?

He was after Bucky the whole time.
>>
>>69247501
>He was helping the UN
Which is my point.
If you do what the UN says, you get a free pass. But if you don't, then they throw you in jail.
This proves that the UN has power over the avengers, and will take action against the heroes who oppose them, which makes Cap's fear of hydra or something similar taking over legitimate.
>>
>>69247538
He told Ross about Black Widow helping Cap and Bucky escape.
>>
>>69247508
None of Tony's team was arrested because they were stopping Steve's team. Remember how Stark got 36 hours to bring them in? He was authorised and had the authority to authorise others.
>>
>>69247560
I never said he was helping cap up until the end.
I siad that until he sees how vengeance consumed both tony and Zemo, he was working with the UN, and got a free pass for his actions.
>>
>>69247603
It's not like they can arrest him since he's a fucking king now. Diplomatic immunity.
>>
>>69247590
That's the point.
That shows that the UN or Ross at the very least has actual power over the avengers. Which proves cap right.
>>
>>69244347
>no supers around
>no villains to rise

vision was right about this.

%95 of villains in mcu born from heroes fault , or etc
>>
>>69239790
You're right.

In retrospect, that's what made that scene so juicy.
>>
>>69247636
That's not how diplomatic immunity works.
It's not a free pass to do whatever you want.
>>
>>69247694
Well let me rephrase that.
>arrest T'Challa
>Wakanda is at war with everyone now
>they have all the vibranium
>>
>>69247603
By that logic they should've arrested Tony, Rhodes and Vision.

There was no reason whatsoever to arrest Panther.
>>
>>69247676
hydra is actually actively creating super villains and they were around before any superheroes.
>>
>>69247676
You mean tony's fault.
Hydra existed before any heroes did, and loki and the rest of the aliens aren't the result of any actions of the heroes.
>>
>>69247676
>heroes fault
You mean Tony's fault.
>>
>>69247652
They only had what power the Avengers who agreed with them let them have. If they all signed the accords but still decided to do their own thing, there's nothing Ross or the UN could really do about it.
>>
>>69247733
You're right. And they would have aressted them all, if they hadn't agreed to the accords.
Which shows the UN has power over the heroes, and they will take action against heroes who don't do what they want.
Which means captian america was right.
>>
>>69247603
>>69247694
>free pass

For what exactly?

He was on the side of Tony and the UN for the whole fucking movie you blubbering idiot.
>>
>>69247796
If they signed the accords and still did their own thing then they would be treated exactly like captian team was.
They'd have other super-heroes sent after them to bring them in for not following the UN's orders.
>>
>>69247804
Nope. It shows they could've done whatever they wanted if they signed the accords.

Tony was right. Steve was a retarded bimbo.
>>
>>69247842
>for what exactly?
Read the thread. For interfering with police buissness.
It was claimed that that was why caps team was arrested, but the fact that Black Panter wasn't proves that they were aressted for not agreeing to listen to the UN.
>>
>>69247863
Nope, because they would've signed the accords and been free like Tony and Rhodes.

They were only arrested after they supported a suspected international terrorist.
>>
>>69247804
Boo hoo, the poor heroes might actually have to have some consequences when they break the law. I don't like the UN controlling the Avengers because Cap is right when it comes to people having agendas, but it's not black and white, I think Vision is also right in not completing dismissing some oversight. No one should have nearly unlimited power to do what they want where they want with no checks and balances, not even Captain Amercia.
>>
File: Untitled.png (707 KB, 1360x558) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
707 KB, 1360x558
>Tony "Make a killer robot, subject friends to my onslaught" Stark
>Tony "Wanda is detested? Let’s have her house arrested" Stark
>Tony "Let’s recruit a teenager, his life I must endanger" Stark
>Tony "If Rhodey gets nailed throw everyone in jail" Stark
>Tony" Bucky killed my mother? His life I must smother" Stark
>>
>>69247928
How did he interfere? He was helping Tony.

Are you retarded? That's rhetorical by the way, you're obviously retarded.
>>
>>69247928
They were arrested for breaking the law. Tony's team had authorization to do what they did, so they didn't break the law and therefore weren't arrested.
>>
>>69247883
>It shows they could've done whatever they wanted if they signed the accords.
No it doesn't. The avengers who agreed to the accords aren't shown to have free reign. They didn't control how long they had to catch cap and buckey for instance.
The UN is clearly shown to have control over the avenger's actions.
>>
>>69248001
This. Sign the accords, do what you need to do.

Don't sign the accords and go rogue = superhuman Guantanamo.

Pretty simple really.
>>
>>69247985
He wasn't helping tony.
We're talking about the scene where the police are coming to catch buckey in his apartment.
>>
>>69248031
They clearly did have free reign since Iron Man still did what the hell he wanted even after failing to catch Steve and Bucky by the deadline.

Why don't you watch the movie instead of arguing about shit you clearly know nothing about?
>>
>>69248065
He was held, but not in a cell as per what Everett Ross said.
>>
>>69247945
>the poor heroes might actually have to have some consequences when they break the law
That's not what the accords did though.
Heck, captian said he would agree to something like that, and only decided not to sign when he learned about tony keeping wanda in the compound.
>>
>>69248065
Yeah he tried to stop Bucky and didn't beat up any cops.

But you're right, I guess that's the same as helping Bucky and beating up cops.

You know. If you're an idiot.
>>
>>69248134
>muh Wanda

That was entirely Tony's decision and had nothing to do with the UN or the accords.
>>
>>69248065
He was arrested by those cops and War Machine. It's just that Cap, Falcon and him weren't actually placed in a cell, they supposed to stay in HQ. Cap and Wilson left to go rogue, but he left with authorization because was with Tony and Tony was granted the 36 hours to bring them in.
>>
>>69248202
This. I can't believe this is even a debate.
>>
>>69248119
Why exactly was Ross the one who was in charge of the avengers?
He gave the deffective surem to blonsky and thus helped create abomination. Yet despite playing a major role in the destruction of harlem, Ross never got reigned in.
It seems that if the UN was serious about trying to put a stop to the destruction to avengers cause, they wouldn't put Ross and Tony in charge, as they caused more problems than any of the other heroes.
>>
>>69247747
are you faggot ? they literally said its cause due tesseract. they thought as sign of earth is ready to fight to other realms.

they shouldnt touch tessaract
>>
>>69248326
He was just an errand boy. Sent by grocery clerks to collect the bill.
>>
>>69248408
Still, surely there was someone who could be an errand boy what didn't help create a second massive rage monster.
>>
>>69248369
This. Everything bad happening leads back to the tesseract. It's the reason Tony can build his suits, It's why earth is in the limelight of cosmic beings.
>>
>they needed to 2v1 in order to take Iron Man down

Wow way to go faggots. 1v1 him you scrubs
>>
>>69248481
Maybe that was classified information.

Either way, their past is kind of irrelevant if they're willing to play ball
>>
>>69248490
It's comic book logic though, his anger made him much more powerful.
>>
Could de-serummed Cap beat suitless Tony Stark in a 1v1?
>>
>>69248618
No, serumless Steve was like elementary-school kid -tier in weight, while Tony at least could hammer things out with his own strength.
>>
>>69248618
My dick could beat serumless Steve...
>>
>>69248490
He can fly and shoot lasers, has an arsenal of misiles and can lift a small plane in his mass killer armor, which can also take take manual control and fight for him if he can't keep up. Cap and Bucky, they got a super shield and arm, and are very strong.

Not really a fair fight.
>>
>>69247972
>recruiting a high school kid and taking him to an airport where dangerous, wanted criminals are about to make their escape and brutal, semi-truck-throwing tactics are expected
The exact moment I lost respect for Tony.
>>
>>69248793

And Cap taking a 16 year old girl to take down some terrorists which ultimately caused her to accidentally kill a bunch of people was okay?
>>
>>69248986
Yeah but, you know. Right?
>>
>>69248986
Is Wanda only 16?
>>
>>69248986
Well I haven't seen Avengers 2 but I'm assuming Scarlet Witch is more attuned to her powers and is pretty much a voluntary member of the team.

Also
>16
Wait, really?
>>
>>69248986

>caused her to accidentally kill

Any by that you mean, mitigated a suicide bomber, right?
>>
>>69249210
Stop pretending Peter wasn't psyched to be there. Stark told him to stay on the sidlines and 'web them in' Spiderlinger dove straight into the middle of the action himself.
>>
>>69244036
>>69243986
>stand up for what you believe in

What? Isn't that what makes a fundamentalist? That's just straight up fanatical
>>
>>69249432
Yeah, well. If you believe you'll get 72 virgins by blowing yourself up along with a bunch of civilians, just remember that this is what Captain America wants you to do.
>>
>>69244203
>>69244194
I used to believe that clapping in movies was a MEME...
Until a friend of a friend came to my banana republic country. He was a Jew and we all watched an "Independent movie"...those kind of boring european movies. At the end....he clapped...no one else.
Felt bad for the jew actually. That was really akward
>>
>>69249342
Just because you've found a retarded puppy that can stop your enemy in their tracks doesn't mean you should let it loose.

What if Falcon or somebody shot at Spidey when he made his entrance and Peter Parker falls and cracks his head? Then Tony would be no better than he was at the beginning of the movie when that lady accused him of murdering her son.
>>
>>69248793

Yeah, he basically recruited a child soldier

>>69248986

Wanda is not sixteen, she's a grown woman.
>>
>>69249531
Guy who casually catches a car on a youtube video is not going to crack his head from falling down, don't be silly.
>>
>>69244203
I unironically clapped at the end
>>
>>69249591
>Tony Stark discovers Spider-Man on Youtube
>Bruce Wayne discovers Aquaman, The Flash, and Cyborg on Youtube
Okay, this is something that's going to have to stop.
>>
>>69249663
Spider-Man being on YouTube sounds legit though.
>>
>le black panther is the strongest hero
>muh strong empowered black man

Hate this meme
>>
>>69249764
Who said he was strongest?
>>
>>69249698
Yeah but we're gonna keep seeing it.
I see dark days ahead.
>>
>>69249764
He's beast in the comics, anon.
>>
>>69249591
Don Cheadle broke his back falling down.
>>
The entire thing is Revolutionary War combined with Civil War.

That's it.

It's stupid as fuck, but who cares? Both sides are retarded. One is Lawful Good and the other is Chaotic Good.
>>
>>69249848
Well he doesn't have radioactive blood now does he?
>>
>>69249890
You got me there, senpai.

Point is, hot-Aunt-May would not agree with this.
>>
>>69249822
Spiderman is like the 6th strongest guy in the non-GodPower line up. Thor, Hulk, The Thing and a couple of other chucklefucks I can't remember are stronger. The caveat is "Spiderman is a teenager, by 30 he'll be rivalling them"
>>
File: 1389434642113.jpg (26 KB, 151x155) Image search: [Google]
1389434642113.jpg
26 KB, 151x155
I DON'T WATCH SUPERHERO MOVIES

BUT DID THOR DIE OR SOMETHING?

I WANT TO KNOW WHY HE DIDNT HELP ANYONE IN THE MOVIE
>>
>>69249944
And if Aunt Hot-tay gets upset, Peter gets upset.
Remember when Wolverine tailed him to his house in the comics and Peter thought he was a hitman for the mafia and flipped?
I want to see Spidey protect Aunt To-May's smile.
>>
>>69250007
BECAUSE HE'S NOT ON EARTH! HE'S GOT MORE IMPORTANT SHIT TO TAKE CARE OF!
>>
>>69250038
I don't read comic books.
>>
>>69250007
Thor isn't on Earth. He left after Age of Ultron. I dunno why exactly, not seen it yet. Loki is fucking up Asgard. My hope is, in Thor 3, we see Fenrir kill Odin.
>>
I saw civil war twice. The airport scene alone was worth the price of admission
>>
>>69250191
But Hopkins isn't coming back, is he?
>>
still #TeamIronMan
>>
>>69239544

>Tony's dad crashes into you while driving down the road
>he's drunk
>he and his wife both die through no fault of your own
>Tony Stark shows up 20 years later hellbent on trying to kill you because you were involved
>>
>>69249944
You think she would agree with Peter being a secret vigilante in the first place?
>>
Just watched it and it actually made me kind of appreciate Iron Man, who I usually hate. I was actually on his side more coming out of it. I usually like Captain America but his entitlement and hypocrisy annoyed the hell out of me. He claims to trust his own judgment over anything else, but he's shown to prioritize Bucky's well-being over everything else. He's too emotional and unwilling to even entertain the possibility of letting neutral parties work on society's behalf in holding vigilantes accountable. If I were Tony I'd be done with him for good desu.

I liked wanda and black panther...I think they're setting up for big things with both and I'm interested. black widow annoyed me though, she's almost too emotionless and it doesn't help connect the character to the audience. scarlett and sebastian stan aren't able to play their characters in a convincingly nuanced way and I end up not caring about either of them.
>>
>>69240149
He didn't know Bucky was the one until Tony did. There was no lie.
>>
>>69250345
I get what you're saying but I feel like everyone forgetting that Steve's last governing neutral party turned out to be Hydra. So.
>>
>>69250396
yeah like after SHIELD, is it any surprise that Steve isn't willing to put his faith in a government organization.
>>
>>69250374
No but he did know Tony's parents were assassinated by HYDRA, he chose not to tell.
>>
>>69239851
Just like listening to it ain't me. Hirohito has brought us all close together like brothers.
>>
>>69250325
She wouldn't, all the reason not to drag him further into this type of life.
>>
Tony is by far a perfect character, he is very flawed... but the fact that there are constantly Tony threads now, shows that he has the most interesting character arc
>>
>>69250191
>>69250225
Didn't Loki kill Odin and impersonate him in Thor 2?
>>
>>69250345
Steve wasn't trying to help Bucky escape, he was making sure bucky didn't die because he knows what kind of shitheads were in charge. Sharon warned Steve it was shoot on sight, Thunderbolt even said Bucky was supposed to die in Berlin.
>>
>>69250345
>vigilantes need to be held accountable by a globalist organization

Nooooopppe
>>
>>69239544
>Most logical man in existence
>Lets emotions take over
Completely lost my immersion
>>
File: halp.jpg (104 KB, 867x615) Image search: [Google]
halp.jpg
104 KB, 867x615
TONY, HELP
>>
>>69250345
>scarlett and sebastian stan aren't able to play their characters in a convincingly nuanced way

like watching paint dry. they're both such charmless actors.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.