[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this the initial source of "Lol randum" humor?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: zim.jpg (473 KB, 960x1440) Image search: [Google]
zim.jpg
473 KB, 960x1440
I'm sure there was other instances before this, but this is the first I can personally remember where loud + annoying = funny. The only other thing I can really think might be like earlier Jhonen Vasquez works (but we're not in /co/ right now.) Does anyone have any other suggestions what might be the source of this style of humor?
>>
>>69202034
I'm pretty sure Spongebob preceded it in sporkcore
>>
>>69202034
>loud + annoying = funny.
fucking vaudeville over a century ago?
the clowns of traditional theatre centuries before that?
Oog the goddamn standup comic caveman?
What a completely retarded question
>>
>>69202034
this show could have been so much better
>>
I remember this show for one specific gag - the one where he had the ball of pus hanging from his neck and called it Pustulio
>>
>>69202034
>loud + annoying = funny
There's hardly anything like that in the show though.
It had some edgy scenes so the teenagers liked it.
>>
>>69202034
Yes, invader zim invented absurd comedy and shouting, bravo anon
>>
>>69202069
seriously this.

it's the first you can remember because it's just your earliest memory.
>>
>>69202069
>>69202162

Listen you sperglords I'm aware it's an early memory of MINE, I'm trying to find out about potentially EARLIER examples of this type of humor.
>>
>>69202069
>>69202157
>>69202162

>I'm sure there was other instances before this, but this is the first I can personally remember

Watching all that /tv/ really ruined your reading comprehension didn't it?
>>
>>69202034
No retard.

Zim is cartoonkino
>>
>>69202034
On the internet, yes. You people are probably not old enough to remember when the Zim generation came to the internet and started ruining shit, but yes, this had pretty much the first major LOLSORANDUM fanbase.
>>
>>69202034
you're a retard

good humor is when a comedian or writer takes you where you don't predict

"lol omg its so randum xD"

fuckin idiots I swear
>>
>>69202257
They just gave it to you.
>>
>>69202034
Zim did randum XD humour right. It said something once, never said it again to the point where it got to meme status
>>
>>69202034

It was one of the rare instances in which random humour was done right.

It had enough dark and edgy undertones to make it enjoyable and entertaining.
>>
>>69203548
Gir, the main source of RanDumb XD humour was pretty much a smokescreen to get this on a kid's network. Zim can go on the most insane misanthropistic rant and then Gir will just say I LIKE TACOS XD and kiddies will laugh at and only remember that. I don't really like Gir but he was necessary to balance out the show
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.