[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/who/ - Doctor Who General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 69
File: 4318766069_1bbdd1c328_z[1].jpg (124 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
4318766069_1bbdd1c328_z[1].jpg
124 KB, 480x640
The Masque of Mandragora edition

What does /who/ think of the season 14 premiere?
It's one of the few historicals of the Baker era.

Last thread >>69079963
>>
>>69120722
I hear that it's good
>>
Reminder that the Great Intelligence started the whole Silence arc.
>>
>>69122436
And Missy. Missy gave Clara the number, GI made the Doctor want to investigate her.

>mfw Clara is the key to all of this.
>>
>>69122895
>the entire Moffat era was Clara Who all along
>>
File: wat.jpg (37 KB, 632x403) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
37 KB, 632x403
>>69120722
I didn't really like Mandragora, it's always been the weakest Season 14 for me. I really dig every other story. Maybe I should give it a rewatch. Might stream it tomorrow if anybody's up for that.

Reminder that Managra. Lemme know where you're at if you're reading. I think it's reasonable to say we should all be done with part 1 by now unless you started late. Reminder that that's fine, don't not read because you're late if you're interested.
>>
/who/ sure is fucking dead tonight.
>>
>>69120722
Underrated, though it kind of falls apart at the end.
>>
>>69124328
Yup, we'll get a lot of these nights until something newsworthy happens. I was going to say things will pick up when we get more details/filming updates on Class but then I remembered nobody gives a fuck about some shitty upcoming spinoff.

Anybody know when Series 10 production/filming begins? I could have sworn they said they will be filming the whole thing this year.
>>
>>69123350
Haven't started yet, going to start tomorrow, but I read pretty quickly so I should be able to catch up.
>>
File: Amadeus Ya blew it.png (109 KB, 293x355) Image search: [Google]
Amadeus Ya blew it.png
109 KB, 293x355
>>69123350
>>
>>69125962
Pretty sure Capaldi has started filming already for a Class appearance (a Tardis was pictured on set).

Then, I believe filming for the Xmas special starts later this month (unlikely that the new companion will appear in this one).

Filming for series 10 proper starts June 13th, when Pearl Mackie's Curious Incident contract ends.
>>
>>69126434
Awesome, thanks for the info.
>>
>>69126434
That's June 19th actually. And they're probably gonna have a week off so she can rest a bit otherwise she's gonna be tired as fuck her first day on set.
>>
>>69122436
What? No he didn't. The silence arc was started by the Time Lords in Time of the Doctor.
>>
CONFIRMED: 'Doctor Who' Star Peter Capaldi Leaving Next Year

FUCK YOU CHIBNALL FUCK YOU
>>
>>69127070
gr8 b8
>>
Here's the question though: did Martha have even one good episode?
>>
>>69127122
Human Nature
>>
>>69127122
Yes. About half of series 3 in fact.
>>
>>69127163
Doesn't really count, the original novel wasn't with her.

>>69127203
How so?
>>
>>69127122
Was Martha ever good in any episodes?
>>
>>69127442
>Doesn't really count, the original novel wasn't with her.
But they were two good episodes, and she was in them. I believe that was your request.

>How so?
Everything apart from The Shakespeare Code, the Dalek two-parter, The Lazarus Experiment and 42 is good. Yes including the finale.
>>
>>69120722
I stopped watching Doctor Who after Matt Smith died because it just got so shitty and convoluted halfway through his tenure. Is this new Doctor any better?
>>
>>69127702
12th Doctor doesn't have convoluted arcs if that's what you're asking.
>>
>>69127816
Okay cool. I'll have to check it out I suppose
>>
>>69127702
I would suggest you watch the 50th specials. Then series 8, but skip Kill the Moon and In the Forest of the Night.

Series 9 is my favorite since series 5. There are more 2 parters, which allows time for characterisation. The storylines have time to breathe and consequently seem less convoluted and easier to follow. (The only dud was Sleep No More, so skip this ep).

Capaldi's very good: carries one episode in series 9 almost entirely alone, and I couldn't imagine any other 'Doctors' achieving this. (Possibly Tom Baker?)
>>
File: doctor-who-4_9uu9.png (1 MB, 1360x760) Image search: [Google]
doctor-who-4_9uu9.png
1 MB, 1360x760
>tfw your life is Doctor Who and videogames

I'll never grow up will I? I'm only 18 though so maybe that'll change.
>>
>>69127702
black people are called PE teachers but thats the high point. i think the best episode with the new guy had some mind melting endangered species on a doomed planet owned by some rich bitch
>>
>>69128123
skipping KTM is skipping a pretty big moment in the characters development

also he said he stopped watching after Smith so he should have already seen the 50th
>>
>>69128204
>implying Time Heist is Capaldi's best episode
Surely you can't be serious
>>
http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/40444/steven-moffat-s-jekyll-is-heading-to-the-movies
>>
File: 1450543155489.jpg (42 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1450543155489.jpg
42 KB, 640x480
>>69128188
Look at it this way, at least you aren't a weeb.
>>
>>69127702
It's slightly less shitty and convoluted. Also the creator of the convoluted plots is stepping down after next series so maybe you could start watching again then.
>>
>Bowie died 4 months ago
>Clara left 6 months ago

BUT WHERE DID TIME GO? I DON'T LIKE THIS
>>
>DANNY: How stupid do you think I am?
>DOCTOR: I'm willing to put a number on it...

12 delivering the #bantz
>>
>Why do you like 10?
>Because David Tennant lol what kind of question is that?

I want them to die.
>>
>>69127702
I stopped after S8. Capaldi was good and there were a couple of decent episodes but overall it was all a bit meh.
>>
File: 1462361906418.jpg (21 KB, 600x339) Image search: [Google]
1462361906418.jpg
21 KB, 600x339
>people unironically think Series 2 is the best because it's muh Rose and Ten's glory years

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: 1376504757156.jpg (39 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
1376504757156.jpg
39 KB, 600x300
WHAT TIIIME IS IT
>>
>>69128842
Breakfast time.
>>
File: DinnerTime.png (62 KB, 601x352) Image search: [Google]
DinnerTime.png
62 KB, 601x352
>>69128842
DINNER TIME
>>
>>69128618
>Doctor: It's Ricky.
>Mickey: No it's Micky.
>Doctor: No, it's Ricky.
>Mickey: I think I know my own name, thanks.
>Doctor: You -think- you know your own name?How stupid are you?

9 delivering the #bantz
>>
So I just watched the opener and it looks like this is going to be yet another season of me being disappointed in Doctor Who. It breaks my heart, but Steven Moffat’s idea of what the show should be simply does not speak to me anymore. He, as a writer, has all of time and space, the entire universe and all of history to explore and play with… and he keeps coming back to the same monsters, the same villains, the same ideas over and over again. (Oh, look: Clara is a Dalek again!) He keeps circling around the same stories until they disappear into themselves. Doctor Who is eating its own tail under Moffat’s direction.

Is no one their own person in the Doctor’s universe? Is there nothing and no one that he has not had an influence in creating? This time, it’s Davros. “Who made Davros?” Of course it’s the Doctor. Except it isn’t. If “Davros knows, Davros remembers,” then Davros remembers that the Doctor saved him from the “handmine” field and showed him mercy. Moffat wants us to think it’s the opposite, that the Doctor abandoned the child Davros and that this was the beginning of Davros’s hatred, but that cannot be. This is time travel! From Davros’s perspective, the Doctor did nothing but save him, barely even hesitated to save him. But that’s the same problem with the “one last night” that Clara and Missy have in which to find the Doctor. This is time travel! They have literally forever to find him when time travel is on the table.
It’s pointless to nitpick Moffat’s stories, because he doesn’t care about telling a cohesive story. He has his cool ideas — “handmines”! (*groan*) “the planes have stopped”! “invisible planet”! “the Doctor plays rock guitar”! — and it doesn’t matter if they have nothing to do with anything, are not woven into the fabric of the tale.
>>
>>69128956
9 and 12 were kings of bantz
>>
>>69128960
There is no tale, not in the traditional sense. There is only pantomime. Moffat’s Doctor Who is a pantomime of Doctor Who. Almost literally: the Doctor in sunglasses playing an electric guitar in medieval England while announcing Missy’s entrance with “It’s the wicked stepmother, everyone — *hiss*!” is exactly the sort of thing you’d see in a Christmas pantomime in England.

Why is the Doctor in hiding? (Why does he believe he is about to die?) Why is he in hiding in a place and time where he is engaging in outrageous anachronisms so that, it would seem, he can be found? It doesn’t matter. All that matters is the joke that the Doctor has taught ye olde people how to say “dude.”

How are the Daleks supposed to be scary when they’re merely panto villains for Missy to mock? Only possible answer: the Daleks are no longer meant to be scary. They are meant to be seen as cultural icons divorced from whatever narrative purpose they once served. They are no longer characters or even props in a story. They are signifiers of Doctor Who as a pop-culture phenomenon. They might as well be selling candy bars.

Doctor Who has become a meta representation of itself. The show has become its own T-shirt.

We know that Moffat’s intentions are precisely that we not question anything. He tells us as much. The Doctor drinks tea in Davros’s chair. “Where did I get the cup of tea? I’m the Doctor, just accept it.” The putative coolness of the immediate moment is all that matters, and nothing else.
>>
>>69129017
But I can’t just accept it. This is not the sort of storytelling that made Doctor Who so satisfying in the past. Where is the adventure? Where is the excitement of seeing new places and meeting new people? Where is the unsmirking belief in the Doctor?

I don’t believe a word of anything that happens here. The sentimental conversation between the Doctor and Davros about compassion and sunrises and such is an embarrassing example of the worst excesses of fan fiction.

But of course, this is all a joke, too. The Doctor and Davros are only fooling each other, haha! But the truly interesting version of this same story wouldn’t have tried to fool us as well, with the sappy closeup (was Davros crying?) and the sappier musical score. We would have actually seen both of them scheming, pretending, acting with each other.
And still, all of the themes dealt with here are retreads from one of the greatest stories from the classic show, Genesis of the Daleks.

To put it in a nutshell, the show is dead and Moffat has simply turned its corpse into a lifeless puppet with strings, and he keeps molesting it over and over again.
>>
File: REEEEEEEEEE.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
REEEEEEEEEE.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>69128842
HALF PAST THREE WHICH MEANS YOU ARE LATE FOR MY WEDDING-AH
>>
>>69129055
>>69128842
>>69128915
I love it when my memes are being used.
>>
>>69128960
I didn't read all of your post sorry but I didn't like the opener either, it felt like typical Moffnonsense. But the rest of the season is quite different, tonally, and it's got some genuinely good episodes.
>>
Sarah Dollard is writing an episode about the creation of Los Angeles.
>>
>>69129030
>the truly interesting version of the episode would make it too obvious that they were only tricking each other!
nice b8 pasta
>>
>>69128960
>>69129017
>>69129030
Why not just link the review

http://www.flickfilosopher.com/2015/10/doctor-who-blogging-the-magicians-apprenticethe-witchs-familiar.html
>>
File: MOFFET.webm (197 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
MOFFET.webm
197 KB, 1280x720
MOFFET
>>
>>69128960
>the same ideas over and over again. (Oh, look: Clara is a Dalek again!)
Stopped reading here.
>>
>>69129496
Ahhh I see now...Maryann Johanson. The one that thought Heaven Sent was crap, but really liked Sleep No More.
>>
just bring back ten save the show desu senpai
>>
>>69130459

>implying the show needs saving
chinballs isn't in charge yet
>>
>>69131191
>he hasn't seen the ratings for series 9
>>
>>69131363

>he doesn't understand how to interpret ratings
>>
>>69131401
>he doesn't understand that a loss of 1.5million viewers is bad news no matter what way you "interpret" it
>>
>>69131500

>he doesn't understand that there are more things influencing viewer figures than the quality of episodes
>>
>>69131553
>he doesn't understand that what's specifically influencing the viewers to stop watching doesn't matter, nothing fucking matters but the numbers, and the numbers are completely and undeniably falling
>>
>>69131653
>what's specifically influencing the viewers to stop watching doesn't matter

Except it OBJECTIVELY DOES

In this case it's a cultural shift where less people care about watching live TV
>>
File: 1460988579840.jpg (202 KB, 922x590) Image search: [Google]
1460988579840.jpg
202 KB, 922x590
>>69131748
The 1.5 millions drop was calculated taking into account people who didn't watch live.
>>
>>69128960
a lot of stuff here but I do agree with making the Doctor the centre of everything. It makes the universe look smaller. He also made the Doctor being the biggest thing in the universe an aspect of his run, It does make sense within the universe, so I'm not calling bullshit, it just got old.

Moffat is a super fan and likes the character. this is where it comes from, Chiballs is also a fan but i hope he strays away from this.
>>
>>69131987
Wow I thought the ratings stuff was memery. Can you post the graph pictures? Chibnall is shit but it is clearly time for a new showrunner. The change should breathe some life into the show.

Also that one-on-one exchange of >implyings was funny.
>>
>>69131748
Idiot.
>>
>>69132313
At this point defending s9 is the meme.
>>
File: image.jpg (179 KB, 1040x916) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
179 KB, 1040x916
>>69132313
I'm not the guy who was greentexting at you, I'm just tired of the "it's just less people watching live" false argument.
http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2016/04/series-nine-full-live-7-figures.html
This is the source. Pic related is the full ratings chart for S9.
>>
I saw a graph that showed it was older people who stopped watching. Thought that was interesting. Dunno how accurate it or where those types of statistics come from though.
>>
The drop in the ratings can't just be attributed to the show itself getting stale. It had next to no promotion last year and there's a shift in viewing habits. We started having the same thing here in France (I work in media analytics) since the start of 2016.
>>
>>69132410
Nice Meme.
>>
>>69132460
Bullshit.
>>
>>69132442
It's doing great for an access prime time show. Here anything above 4 millions on the same day is an impressive success.
>>
>>69132532

Prove it
>>
File: ratings.jpg (153 KB, 1253x659) Image search: [Google]
ratings.jpg
153 KB, 1253x659
>>69132410
Well I mean. I fully recognise that the ratings are in a decline and I don't like Moffat at all, but S9 was a step up from the three previous series quality-wise,

>>69132442
I wasn't either of the implyers, but thank you for the link.

This picture is interesting. What happened at the end of Tom Baker's era? That drop is crazy.
>>
>>69132532
It's true though. And I didn't like Series 9 very much so I'm not defending it blindly, I think some episodes were terrible. Viewing habits are shifting. I'm not saying it's only because of this, as there's probably series fatigue: it's been here for 10 years, Moffat is "still" there, there's nothing new under the sun, the terrible marketing also pointed it out "Same old, same old, just the Doctor and Clara Oswald in the TARDIS", but the viewing habits are shifting slowly. Unfortunately, there's no way to know how much people turned off because they don't watch TV or because they stopped caring about Doctor Who, so the BBC might take the easy route and fire Capaldi. I hope not.
>>
File: daywho.jpg (502 KB, 1000x1407) Image search: [Google]
daywho.jpg
502 KB, 1000x1407
>>69132623
>I didn't like Series 9 very much
>>
Doctor Who's ninth series received critical acclaim, and was hailed by many critics as the show's best season to date.[49][50][51] Series 9 holds a perfect 100% score on online review aggregate site Rotten Tomatoes with an average score of 8.1. It has also won the Rotten Tomatoes' Golden Tomato Award for best-reviewed TV sci-fi/fantasy/horror show of 2015.[52] The site's consensus reads "Peter Capaldi and the writers have settled into an emotionally engaging tone, allowing the show to raise the stakes for the Twelfth Doctor".[53] Reaction to individual episodes has also been highly positive, with scores on the site ranging from 67% to 95%, all certified fresh by the site.[54][55] Specifically, episodes such as "The Woman Who Lived" and "Heaven Sent" received particular acclaim, with critics saying that the former "should be an episode that goes down in Doctor Who history" and "stands as perhaps the strongest entry of Season Thirty-Five thus far",[56][57] whilst the latter was labelled "a masterpiece of the highest order" and "an instant classic". The lowest-scored episode for the season was the episode written by Mark Gatiss, "Sleep No More", which gained a 67% rating though was still considered "fresh".

In reviews for various episodes across the series, many critics highlighted series 9 as the show's greatest yet. In their review for "Hell Bent", IGN called series 9 "a very strong season of Doctor Who – possibly the best season of the modern run of the show", while New York Magazine stated "It’s been a largely brilliant season... possibly even the best since the new series began" in their review for the same episode.[50][51] Discussing the series as a whole, The A.V. Club stated "Doctor Who is great again, and this season represents maybe the best mixture yet of the show’s head and its heart". Of the twelve episodes in the season, they awarded five a perfect 'A' grade (the most for any season of the show), while a further five episodes either an A- or a B+
>>
>>69132664
To be clear, the Woman Who Lived and Sleep No More were terrible. The others were good with Heaven Sent being exceptional. But the others were nothing better than a 7 or 8/10.
>>
They should have marketed Davros desu imo. He's only a secret in the cliffhanger. The snyposis for episode 1 was also kind of poor without Davros in it. It made you think Missy was the main villain of the episode.
>>
>>69132678
okay but the ratings
>>
>>69132558
>This picture is interesting. What happened at the end of Tom Baker's era? That drop is crazy.
Much stronger competition from ITV, basically.
>>
>>69132801
Really? I was thinking it must be a glitch or something. That's so low.
>>
>>69132818
To be fair, the graph isn't about the actual figures, but rather about the placements on the ratings chart.
Still, it went from a 10.5 millions average in 1979 (aided by a strike at ITV that meant there was no competition for several weeks) to about 6 millions in 1980/1981 (when it was up against Buck Rogers).
>>
WHEN THE FUCK ARE THE TENTH DOCTOR AUDIOS AND NEW GALLIFREY COMING OUT
>>
>>69133023
MAY 16TH
>>
>>69133174
Is that Gallifrey as well?
>>
>>69132678
Interesting. Didn't realize series 9 had such good reviews.

The most read newspaper here in the UK, the Daily Mail, had some awful reviews of series 9 (FTR 0/10), and generally hates the BBC anyway (probably has shares in ITV and/or Sky). Wouldn't be surprised if that influenced L+7 ratings.

Also, the 1st 2 eps were broadcast at the same time as big live rugby events on another channel, which had 12+million live viewers. And pubs here were chocablock full with people watching the live rugby on big screens.
>>
>>69133625
The Daily Mail is the most read newspaper in the UK? I've always heard it treated as something of a joke.
>>
>>69133804
It's often labelled as "far-right" or "racist" by professional victims because it reports facts.
>>
File: 1449651409842.png (2 MB, 900x1273) Image search: [Google]
1449651409842.png
2 MB, 900x1273
>>69133869
gareth, no more
>>
>>69133804
the top one is the sun but Daily mail is second.

both fairly right, I bet you couldn't tell by our television
>>
File: Costanza Mcgann.jpg (139 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Costanza Mcgann.jpg
139 KB, 500x375
>>69133869
>dailymail
>reports facts
>>
>>69132444
I read the opposite: that younger people had stopped watching it Live because it was in a less 'family friendly' time slot, then weren't getting round to catching up.
>>
>>69133804
http://www.pressgazette.co.uk/nrs-daily-mail-most-popular-uk-newspaper-print-and-online-23m-readers-month-0
>>
>>69132704
>the Woman Who Lived and Sleep No More were terrible

I thought TWWL was pretty good, but agree SNM was terrible.
>>
post some sexy images.
>>
>>69134215
lewd
>>
File: Screenshot (3).png (783 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (3).png
783 KB, 1366x768
>>69134215
>>
>>69132678
>critics
>valid opinions

pick one
>>
File: Confused minimoff.png (30 KB, 152x175) Image search: [Google]
Confused minimoff.png
30 KB, 152x175
>>69133625
>FTR
>0/10

Okay, what. Not even /who/ has b8 that terrible
>>
File: But why.png (294 KB, 527x872) Image search: [Google]
But why.png
294 KB, 527x872
>>69134215
How about CUTE!! images instead?
>>
>>69134606
Hi DCuck
>>
The problem with Sleep No More is that it's the only episode that isn't a two parter or connected to the episode before/after. It's also the only episode that didn't have Clara doing something Doctor like. It just feels out of place and ruins the flow of the series a bit.
>>
>>69131987
This is what the apologists deliberately ignore every time.
If live figs were down and catch up was up the same amount then there would be no problem.
They are not.
>>
>>69134633
T'was Daily Mail. Fucking awful rag.
>>
>>69134633
Dumb frogposter
>>
my
>>
WEDDING-AH
>>
my.
>>
balls
>>
>>69134842
>>69134869
>>69134883
>>69134909
stop.
>>
Here comes the shitposting retard again
>>
>>69129823
Why are brits so genetically inferior?
>>
>>69134947

because they're pure white instead of halfbred
>>
File: Super Saiyan Moff 2.png (617 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Super Saiyan Moff 2.png
617 KB, 1080x1920
>>69134826
Fark off.
>>
>>69134947
small gene pool
>>
>>69134722
?
critics r shite m8
>>
Previews of RTD's A Midsummer Night's Dream which he made with some of the Doctor Who team are starting to come out. Apparently he's made it edgy and a bit gay. Excited.
>>
>>69135200
>Apparently he's made it edgy and a bit gay.
HOLD THE FUCKING PHONE!!!!
>>
>>69134766
Precisely. Anyone binge watching the whole series could skip it and not really miss anything as a whole.
>>
I think I arrived late to my
>>
WEDDING-AH
>>
File: 1457591947650.gif (150 KB, 400x533) Image search: [Google]
1457591947650.gif
150 KB, 400x533
>>
File: DOOOOOOOOOOOOOR.jpg (2 KB, 132x177) Image search: [Google]
DOOOOOOOOOOOOOR.jpg
2 KB, 132x177
>>69135200
>Apparently he's made it a bit gay

STOP
THE
FUCKING
PRESSES
>>
>>69135200
>the Doctor Who team, also played a role in its stunning visuals,.....full of colour and washed with Murray Gold’s amazing score (Radio Times).

Another reason for the series 10 filming delay?
>>
>>69135503
Why does she look like that? Why is her face so depressing looking?
>>
>>69120722
So guys, why was it called Mask of Mandragora?
>>
I've obtained some dialogue from S10 E1. Spoilers obviously.

BILL: That thing...
THE DOCTOR: Oh, no. Bill, get out of here. Now.
BILL: But -
THE DOCTOR: No buts! As long as you are here, no one is safe. Now GO!
BILL: But what is it?
THE DOCTOR: That, Bill, That's Gareth!
>>
>>69135537
Nah that was filmed in October and November, they never film then.

>>69135557
How much do we wanna bet that it's "That's Gareth!"?
>>
>>69135549
Her face was photoshopped to look sad too.
>>
>>69135549
because she's an autist
>>
>>69135666
Is she? Proof?
>>
>>69135537
Nah they were able to film that because of the delay.
>>
File: 1460048925122.jpg (540 KB, 2234x1487) Image search: [Google]
1460048925122.jpg
540 KB, 2234x1487
Oh FUCK this is an exclusive gang hold your horses this is not a drill I've got an exclusive scoop from a trustworthy inside source that apparently for Moff's final series they want to change things up and really go crazy for his grand finale, they're even completely changing the intro and its gonna have fucking LYRICS. My source managed to smuggle out some verses, here goes a /who/ exclusive leak

Bung, bung, bung, bung, bung

Mr. Roberts, come down to /who/
(Bung, bung, bung, bung)
We made some memes and a portrait for you
(Bung, bung, bung, bung)
You'll fit right in, since your tweets are so tasteless
(Bung, bung, bung, bung)
And-we suspect-may be a tad bit racist

Roberts, we'll be your friend
Now that you won't pen, a script again
Come now, what's there else to do
Now that you've been erased from Who
>>
>>69135551
Watch it you lazy cunt.
>>
People often ask me where do you see yourself in ten years time? Some people would reply with I can’t see that far ahead so I have no idea; but not me. I see myself married, either with children or considering it and will have a decent paid job with the BBC; either a camera operator or a film operator. That’s my goal, everything I do in life will lead up to that moment. Someone who makes me feel safe and treats me right is all I need. Love is a powerful feeling, the best feeling in the world is if you are in love with someone, so amazing that it can’t be explained. If you are in love with someone then hold onto that, embrace your feelings. If you are truly in love with someone then distance isn’t an issue, there are always ways round things. Love is worth travelling for. You’ll know in your heart when you have found the right one because you will want to talk to them all the time and nothing can compare. Life is too short to hide your true feelings for someone, if you love someone then tell them.
>>
>>69135200
That's all RTD has.
His next "groundbreaking" project will be about dead gay men in "Heaven" looking for ghost cock for eternity.
>>
>>69135808
Fuck off you Aspie shitebag
>>
>>69135876
Bill really was the best companion. That quote was inspirational. Moffat outdid himself.
>>
>>69135876
wut
>>
>>69135876
Fuck off you Mongoloid bore
>>
>>69135923
>that episode where Bill teaches a bunch of gangbangers in Remedial Math how to salsa
>that fucking scene at the end where the power of dance finally brings them all together and gives them another chance at life

Really fucking powerful stuff, I honestly tear up every time. Fantastic bit of writing from the Moff. Weird choice for a finale but I applaud the man
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (10 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
10 KB, 480x360
>>69135876
>I see myself married, either with children or considering it

Then all your problems begin kiddo.
>>
NEW!!!!

New missing episode video by Sammi Carter.

More episodes on the way?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nykd466I0VI
>>
>>69135537
Remember when Doctor Who was full of colour? I miss RTD.
>>
>that really dark Gareth Roberts episode where the Doctor meets up with Craig again only to find out that Sophie has been raped and killed by a Muslim refugee
>that fucking 14 minute monologue by Craig where he shatters the myth about the radical Muslim """minority""" and completely exposes the entire sandnigger community for the savage subhumans that they are
>that ending where they just play a bunch of stock footage from Trump rallies

Fuck Series 10 was so GOAT, Moff really went out with a bang desu
>>
>>69136104
>that fucking scene where she flies over Earth, dropping the ashes of her parents all over the planet
Man I actually fucking cried. I was legit crying.

>that scene where she almost gets killed by Missy but we find out she can't die because of the experiments the Time Lords conducted on her and we find out she was Subject 13 all along
Fucking twisty mid series finale. Bravo Moffat.
>>
You wish you were as good as Moffat. His only flaw is making the Doctor the center of fucking everything.
>>
>>69136745
>dialogue is too quipy
>the most interesting stuff happens off screen.
>>
>>69136345
>Remember when Doctor Who was full of colour? I miss RTD.
Full of ORANGE and PURPLE you mean?
>>
>>69136828
Don't forget that fucking turquoisey blue green light that pervaded everything including the TARDIS.
>>
>>69136345
>>69136828
>>69137499
Brilliant
>>
File: Maurice_cover.jpg (1 MB, 1417x1417) Image search: [Google]
Maurice_cover.jpg
1 MB, 1417x1417
Did Sweet wrote at least one good story?
>>
>>69137833
He did Voyage to the New World and that was decent.
>>
>The Butterfly Effect
>Revenge of the Humans
>Don't Know When
>The Pseudo Men
>Backwards and Forwards
>The Tomb of Ra
>A Dip With the Devils
>Day of the Drowned
>The Little Hand
>The Time Machines
>Whispers in the Dark
>The Angels Take the Universe

Screenshot this.
>>
>>69137932
>using fake titles for series 9
lazy b8
>>
>>69137932
>The Tomb of Ra
Again? The bloody Ra rumour is there every year.
>>
>>69137976
series...9?
>>
>>69138010
>Written by Gareth Roberts
kek

to be fair Moffat did say there was an ancient world story in S10. Hopefully Sutekh comes back
>>
>>69137932
>The Angels Take the Universe

I could see Moffat doing this. He'd think it's 'clever' to parallel a title with one of his prior ones.
>>
>>69138013
those from series 9 silly
>>
File: 1403262643995.jpg (152 KB, 1040x779) Image search: [Google]
1403262643995.jpg
152 KB, 1040x779
>>69138010
>>
File: tumblr_n1c32dvUGp1rvpyl2o1_500.jpg (52 KB, 500x708) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n1c32dvUGp1rvpyl2o1_500.jpg
52 KB, 500x708
>>69138010
>>69138130
What other pre-series 8 thing was there?

I remember pic related. They were almoust right kek
>>
File: The_Magic_Mousetrap_cover.jpg (95 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
The_Magic_Mousetrap_cover.jpg
95 KB, 600x600
>>69137833
Dude are you kidding me? He's one of the best writers in J&L (definitely one of the few who still tries to come up with original ideas for the range) and The Magic Mousetrap is GOAT.
>>
>>69138222
I remember the Charles Dance Master rumour. He would've been a better Master than Gomez.
>>
File: ibf5oViZSEN5QF2.jpg (348 KB, 1536x944) Image search: [Google]
ibf5oViZSEN5QF2.jpg
348 KB, 1536x944
>>69138222
>>
>>69138248
Damn right.
>>
>>69138240
>Dude are you kidding me? He's one of the best writers in J&L (definitely one of the few who still tries to come up with original ideas for the range) and The Magic Mousetrap is GOAT

Who's the most boring BFA writer? Robert Ross?
>>
File: tumblr_lzas7r8aCa1rpwu7mo1_400.jpg (61 KB, 369x500) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lzas7r8aCa1rpwu7mo1_400.jpg
61 KB, 369x500
>>69138222
Pre-Capaldi reveal
>>
>>69138248
Missy is the best Master though.
>>
Oh fuck it. We're waiting for filming and he's just going to Marvel's HQ in New York. I'm fed up with him.

https://twitter.com/GirlyLetters/status/727965196875010048
>>
File: who_trailer_4.jpg (24 KB, 620x316) Image search: [Google]
who_trailer_4.jpg
24 KB, 620x316
>>69136345

Doctor who was full of color in S9, it just wasn't ORANGE AND TEAL like RTD always made it. The color palette varied from episode to episode instead of just applying the same filter to everything. Artistic direction has become much more refined with capaldi
>>
>>69138341
Dance would've been infinitely better. Imagine Capaldi vs a Charles Dance Master. It would've been glorious. But no. We got forced gender politics instead, and another Le MaStEr SoOoO WaCkY aNd bOnKeRzZz.
>>
>capaldis face
lmao
>>
>>69138357
This is literally wrong. That fucking still is from the saturated trailer. The episodes are nowhere near that good.
>>
>>69138281
The only person who managed to write terrible stories for Six and based Evelyn?
Yeah, I think he's a good candidate.
>>
Rewatched the Christmas Invasion.

Nice to know Moffat basically ripped it off with Deep Breath.

The precredits scene is basically the phucking same.

It also ends pretty much the same, with The Doctor not knowing "what sort of man" he is, and killing the villain after an epic fight scene.
>>
>>69138391
>artificially cranked up saturation
>'good'
Not every show is C4's Utopia. I like colour as much as the next guy but sometimes, bleak and desolate environments should look bleak and desolate.
>>
File: p0394hzy.jpg (75 KB, 976x549) Image search: [Google]
p0394hzy.jpg
75 KB, 976x549
>>69138391
>>
>>69138391

So? Saturation doesn't equal more color, it equals more obnoxious color. Something like pic related is much more visually interesting than anything from RTD who. It has subtlety to it while still ranging everywhere from orange to pink to blue on the color spectrum.
>>
>>69138456
They're both influenced by Spearhead from Space and Castrovalva in the way they have the Doctor incapacitated or absent for a good chunk of the story and focus on the people around him trying to deal with the change.
But yeah, there are similarities.
>>
>>69138456
Deep Breath's version is way better though. Especially the resolution. All the shite with the sycorax battle is embarrassing wank
>>
File: doctor_who_zygon_inversion_1.jpg (113 KB, 1200x794) Image search: [Google]
doctor_who_zygon_inversion_1.jpg
113 KB, 1200x794
THERE'S NOT ENOUGH COLOR IN SERIES 9
>>
>>69123350
Somewhere on chapter 7, my kindle is dead and my charger apparently stopped working. According to amazon a new on will be here today.
>>69128188
Ive got 20 years on you and my life isn't much more rounded than that and I'm quite happy and fulfilled. You'll be fine.
>>69135200
Can't wait to see where they put puck and bottom.
>>69135666
Wait I thought that was Nadine.
>>69135876
Marriage is for suckers chump, the rest is probably fine.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (214 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
214 KB, 1920x1080
>>69138642

WHERE IS THE COLOR LIKE MY RUSTY WHO, THERE ISN'T ANY TEAL IN THIS IMAGE
>>
>>69138598
But it's as pale as Michael Jackson. It's not vibrant. It's not alive. And RTD's colours were shit. Series 5 had the best directors/colours.
>>
>>69134446
Best Master tbf
>>
File: 1fd457d0.jpg (171 KB, 730x1287) Image search: [Google]
1fd457d0.jpg
171 KB, 730x1287
>>
File: ovmpmdo7jg6uxt6ajqg3.jpg (239 KB, 1514x1000) Image search: [Google]
ovmpmdo7jg6uxt6ajqg3.jpg
239 KB, 1514x1000
>>69138687

Did you not just read the part where I explained how subdued and subtle colors with a wide variance is more appealing?
If you want bright rainbows go watch my little pony. S5 was almost as bad as RTD, with the orange and teal, just the teal color shifted to slightly more blue instead of green
>>
File: Doctor_Who_End_of_the_Universe.png (234 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
Doctor_Who_End_of_the_Universe.png
234 KB, 600x300
WHY ISN'T THERE ANY ORANGE OR TEAL
CAPALDI WHO IS PIGSHIT
>>
>>69138753
Listen is a good example. But there wasn't in Series 9.
>>
>https://twitter.com/mumoss/status/728244653502435329

>Gareth Roberts retweeted
>>
File: time_heist_5.jpg (56 KB, 620x413) Image search: [Google]
time_heist_5.jpg
56 KB, 620x413
NO STOP THIS CONTRADICTS MY NARRATIVE THAT CAPALDI WHO IS DULL AND BORING LOOKING
>>
File: 508.jpg (33 KB, 900x508) Image search: [Google]
508.jpg
33 KB, 900x508
THERE STILL ISN'T ENOUGH COLOR FOR MY OBJECTIVELY CORRECT JUDGEMENT
>>
>>69138742
you would thank your lucky stars if she even acknowledged your existence.

I would too, I would crawl on broken glass to have a chance at licking her sweet balloon knot.
>>
File: maxresdefault-1.jpg (73 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-1.jpg
73 KB, 1280x720
AHA! NO COLOR OTHER THAN ORANGE AND BLACK
NEVER MIND THAT IT SUITS THE TONE OF THE EPISODE, IT'S NOT COLORFUL!
>>
>>69138934

Do I need to keep shitposting or have I made my point clear enough yet?

Capaldi who has a huge range of color variation that deviates from episode to episode and is complementary to the tone of a given episode. It doesn't just apply an orange filter to everything like RTD did. To suggest that S9 looked dull and boring only proves how shallow and unappreciative you are of art direction
>>
File: Hope_is_kindled.jpg (51 KB, 700x404) Image search: [Google]
Hope_is_kindled.jpg
51 KB, 700x404
>>69138934
>>
>>
>>69138687
>"the best colours"
This again.
>>
File: 9green.png (981 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
9green.png
981 KB, 1280x1024
>>69138934
>>69138991
>>
File: tardis.webm (837 KB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
tardis.webm
837 KB, 1000x563
>>
>>69138931
>>69138991
>>69138989
>implying I even care
>implying I'm OP
>implying he isn't baiting you

Anyway what's who with you people?
>>
Hartnell/Troughton era had the best colours t b h.
>>
>>69138753
I have to part ways with you there, S5 was still leagues above RTD. I refer you back to those 42 / The Time of Angels comparison pics.
>>
>>69138989
>Do I need to keep shitposting
Please do, it amuses me.
>>
>>69139077
>I refer you back to those 42 / The Time of Angels comparison pics.

the what?
>>
File: 1.2 The Doctor's Tale.jpg (646 KB, 1417x1417) Image search: [Google]
1.2 The Doctor's Tale.jpg
646 KB, 1417x1417
>>69139074
>Hartnell/Troughton era had the best colours t b h.
indeed
>>
>>69139077
I didn't see these pics. Link?
>>
>>69139074
Patrician tastes desu senpai.
>>
>>69139074

Heaven Sent had the same colors
>>
>>69120722
It has some good moments.
>>
File: fixed.png (514 KB, 1000x561) Image search: [Google]
fixed.png
514 KB, 1000x561
GEE I REALLY WISH DEATH IN HEAVEN LOOKED LIKE THIS
IT WOULD HAVE LOOKED SO MUCH MORE BRIGHT AND INTERESTING THAN THE TONE-APPROPRIATE DARK DESATURATION WE GOT
#MOFFATOUT
#RTDIN
>>
File: up.png (194 KB, 230x459) Image search: [Google]
up.png
194 KB, 230x459
when?
>>
what episodes have a pro men's right's stance.

the best example I can think of is 'human nature/family of blood' with the whole WW1 angle.

not a proper MRA but they have some decent points
>>
>>69139593

don't they look enough like iron man already?
>>
>>69139593
This is GOAT. i'd love to see a cybercontroller in the new design on screen
>>
File: eww.jpg (6 KB, 246x139) Image search: [Google]
eww.jpg
6 KB, 246x139
>go to watch Doctor Who at a friends house
>he watches it in colour
>>
>>69139681

If you actually care about men's rights you'd avoid the label MRA at all costs
It has way too much of a stigma - founded or not - that you'll get disregarded immediately
>>
>>69139734
i know right

MRA are the butt of jokes but I do think there are things that effect males. like education, suicide, homelessness.

If they affected women in the same way feminists would rightly let us all know about it.

in the same way that feminism is hindered by other women, the same issues are ignored by other men. It's fucking hopeless
>>
>>69139593
that looks poo though desu
>>
>>69139717
reminder the black and white s8 leaks were better than the color tv versions
>>
>>69126850
>Pedant.

But thanks for the new info anyway.
>>
>>69139681
If you are interested in critiques of destructive societal concepts of masculinity, it might be of interest to look at the contrast between 11 and Rory in episodes such as A Good Man Goes To War.
>>
>>69139918
Only in the case of Douglas 'How Do I Visuals' Mackinnon's episodes.
>>
>>69133942
read that too (somewhere, will try to find a link). The bbc moved the show to a spring so it can be in the strictly time slot.
>>
>>69139984
its a Rory finally starts acting 'manly' and everyone likes it episode.
>>
>>69140261
More to the point, the mild, weedy Rory starts kicking arse but none of it is for revenge, pride, ego, or anything beyond protecting his loved ones.
Meanwhile, 11 is off being the big bad oncoming storm and doing all this punishment stuff, and in the process he misses what was right under his nose because he was more interested in establishing dominance than tending to his friends.
Also the whole militarized response to him in the first place was inspired by these behaviour patterns of his.
>>
File: 86220[1].gif (2 MB, 500x200) Image search: [Google]
86220[1].gif
2 MB, 500x200
>>69136745
>His only flaw is making the Doctor the center of fucking everything.

And yet, lots were under the impression that he made Clala the center of everything.
>>
THE ANGELS TAKE THE UNIVERSE
>>
File: mickey.jpg (29 KB, 300x394) Image search: [Google]
mickey.jpg
29 KB, 300x394
what was his purpose?
>>
>>69140586

What's yours, cumstain?
>>
>>69138991
why did they use that weird filter all the time? Everything looked so weird with it
>>
>>69140586
whipping boy;tin dog
>>
>>69140646
it was written and acted like a soap opera so it was only fair for it to have soap operatic lighting too
>>
>>69139283
>>69139717
>>
>>69120722

>That mask
DIOOOOOO
>>
>>69140444
are you a feminist who's trying to prove that feminism is good for everybody through your own example?
>>
>>69140457
>>69136745
kek

Let's agree he made the Doctor and Clala the centre of everything.

They became.......THE HYBRID!!
>>
>>69140873
>>69141002
Samefag.
>>
File: 1453681038879.jpg (34 KB, 454x318) Image search: [Google]
1453681038879.jpg
34 KB, 454x318
I can't take the waiting game anymore. I just can't.
>>
>>69140646
>why did they use that weird filter all the time?

Billie Piper probably had an outbreak of teenage spots
>>
File: tom baker scream.jpg (13 KB, 198x224) Image search: [Google]
tom baker scream.jpg
13 KB, 198x224
>>69140053
>write the more thoughtful, profound script of your career for a season whose directors include Ben Wheatley and Rachel Talalay
>give it to Mackinnon
>>
File: VY7Hdd[1].gif (840 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
VY7Hdd[1].gif
840 KB, 400x225
>>69141368
>>
>>69141556
Talalay is shit and also a feminist.
>>
>>69141942
Correction: Talalay is a good director, but is also a feminist, as are all women in the filming industry.
>>
>>69141942
>Talalay is shit
no.
>>
>>69142117
correction - a competent but unremarkable director who gets more work than reasonable by ticking two SJW boxes
>>
Does dr. Who have the worst fan base?
>>
>>69142418
maybe
>>
>>69142418
Yes. Without a doubt.
>>
>>69142418
>>69142485
Not even the worst fanbase on 4chan.
>>>/mlp/
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 69

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.