[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If Mahattan was Suppose to be Superman and Rostarch is Batman
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 8
File: maxresdefault.jpg (95 KB, 1920x810) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
95 KB, 1920x810
If Mahattan was Suppose to be Superman and Rostarch is Batman who the fuck is the owlman and the other faggot suppose to be?

Btw this movie was shit and the "genuis" plan at the end was stupid.
>>
>>68646363
too big for little minds, your written expression skills prove that
>>
>>68646363
Manhattan = Superman
Night Owl = Batman
Rorschach = The Question
Comedian = Joker
Silk Spectre = Nightshade
Ozymandias = Thunderbolt

Of course it was shit to you because you didn't understand any of it.
>>
File: 1403397184298.jpg (12 KB, 566x631) Image search: [Google]
1403397184298.jpg
12 KB, 566x631
>>68646403
>>
>>68646363
I think the genius plan at the end of the comic is much better and actually makes some sense even though the idea itself is absurd.
>>
>>68646541
The movie is a shit adaptation regardless
>>
>>68646594
Can you elaborate on why or are you just going to leave it at that?

I had no hopes of it actually being anywhere near as good but it actually came pretty close.
>>
>>68646363
I always imagined owlman and ghostwoman as Harley and Ivy.
Ozyman is flash
>>
>>68646589
Does he still shoot nukes at random countries and think they won't react to it later?
>>
>>68646363
Manhattan=Captain Atom
Night Owl=Blue Beetle
Rorschach=The Question
Ozymandias=Thunderbolt
Comedian=Peacemaker
Silk Spectre=Nightshade
They are based on Charlton Comics characters.
>>
>>68646541

Actually, the Comedian was closer to anti-heroes like Nick Fury and The Punisher

If you're going to try to shit on somebody, you should at least bother to not be wrong, faggot
>>
Ozy is Batman
Manhattan is Superman

Ozy prep time is so ridiculous it almost killed Manhattan
>>
>>68646682
It's stylistically sound and that's about it, on everything below the surface, specially thematically it's a trainwreck.
>>
>>68646403

>quoting le piss man

Are you trolling, or just autistic?
>>
>>68646719

Silly anon, you know /tv/ detests reading and actually learning. They just want to shill their clickbait articles, whine about /pol/, and post twitter caps.
>>
Manhattan = Miracleman
>>
They're all directly based on Charlton Comics characters

Rorschach- Mr. A/The Question
Comedian - Peacemaker
Nite Owl - Blue Beetle
Ozymandias - Thunderbolt
Manhattan - Captain Atom
Spectre - originally nightshade, but Moore based her more off black canary
>>
>>68646742

http://watchmen.wikia.com/wiki/Eddie_Blake

"He was created by Watchmen writer Alan Moore and illustrator Dave Gibbons, although, like all characters in the series, he was based on a Charlton Comics character, in this case Peacemaker, created by writer Joe Gill and artist Pat Boyette. The Comedian's alter-ego of Edward Blake is a play on the name of movie director Blake Edwards, [11] best known for the Pink Panther comedies. His character design is said to have been based on actor Burt Reynolds.[12]"

>Peacemaker

If you're going to correct somebody, you should at least bother to not be wrong, faggot.
>>
>>68646765
The themes in the movie are, with exception to the deconstruction of comic tropes, actually almost identical to the comic. You're full of shit.
>>
>>68646719
DC has so many shitty forgettable characters
>>
>>68646938
That's because they are not DC characters. Do you even read? Charlton Comics.
>>
>>68646699
He makes a genetically modified super squid with psychic powers and teleports it into the middle of New York. The teleporter is flawed causing any living matter to explode on the other side and the squid is designed to send out a psychic pulse when it dies so he basically teleports a bomb into the middle of the city disguised as an alien so the entire planet thinks they could be under attack so they will stop fighting each other and fight the aliens.
>>
>>68646363
>who the fuck is the owlman and the other faggot suppose to be?
Irrelevant
>>
>>68646594
Actually it was a great adaptation
You're just retarded because you think that capeshit could ever be a mirror of it's source material
>>
>>68646699
If they know Dr. Manhattan was after the attacks and Dr. Manhattan fucked off to make some life of his own, who would they blame?

And don't say the US because the US got BTFO just as much as the rest of the world.
>>
File: 1304376955947.png (457 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1304376955947.png
457 KB, 600x450
>>68646968
Uh no faggot they're all DC characters now many are in that stupid Justice league kill yourself.

What was the point of Watchmen anyway to deconstruct some characters no one has heard of?
>>
>>68647079
For what reason would he attack any of these countries?
>>
>>68646968
DC bought Charlton.
>>
>>68646936
>the themes are almost identical
It surely deals with iconography as propaganda, the cultural climate behind the birth of masked vigilantes and the moral compass of such a person, if there's any; redemption; absolution and of course the geopolitical AH elements are just as well developed.
Who's full of shit again?
>>
>>68646363

The plan made world peace happen though.
We haven't been able to figure that out and probably never will since we don't have the brains to do it. Or we could wait for the aliens to invade and then maybe world peace might happen.
>>
>>68646594
Heard the scenes were scripted almost line by line from the comics
>>
>>68647079
They would blame the US because the US "created" Manhattan and he served in the US military.

>>68647073
The movie ends up being shit by turning all the characters into semi-supers and by changing the ending to some equally as stupid but that won't actually accomplish what he wants it to do.
>>
>>68646363
Was Watchmen the first instance of there being such thing as a "cāpekinō"?
>>
>>68647182
Heard wrong.
Tons of good bits of dialogue are gone and replaced with tryhard 2deep4u shit like
>I feel fear... for the last time
>>
>>68647082
>What was the point of Watchmen anyway to deconstruct some characters no one has heard of?

Dude, you're retarded.
The deconstruction of the characters was just a side note. The overarching theme is literally spelled out in the title. "Who watches the Watchmen?"

It's about power and who keeps the ones on top in check. Fucking moron.

How do you even manage to be alive being this dumb?
>>
>>68646968
Are you fucking kidding me?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CImcjQ5HDEU
>>
>>68646594
I love the one line posts like this, you want to blame capeshit for the downfall, but really it's the plebs that capeshit brings.
>>
>>68647241
Wow so fucking deep what a masterpiece.
Literally the same plot as every other capeshit.
>>
Why was this movie a poorly received flop when it came out?
>>
>>68647314
The world wasn't yet ready for capekino.
It still isn't.
>>
>>68647187
Let's blame the US because Dr. Manhattan blew up New York.

MAKES SENSE
>>
File: diehere.jpg (19 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
diehere.jpg
19 KB, 480x360
>>68646719
Thank you for actually being correct. The replies in this thread were triggering my autism.
>>
>>68647004
That made perfect sense in context.
But holy shit does it come across as insane when you read it out.
>>
File: 1428440530619.jpg (68 KB, 836x673) Image search: [Google]
1428440530619.jpg
68 KB, 836x673
>>68647314
Because it's shit and directed by an idiot who worships Ayn Rand and Star Wars?
>>
>>68647314
Critics just didnt get it
>>
>>68647302
Tell me any movie you think is deep and I'll tell you why it's not.

Just make fun of it or make silly comparisons. Not hard to do anon.
>>
>>68647417
The US main deterrent going rogue can't possibly have the same consequences as a third party global deterrent appearing out of nowhere.
This is international law 101
>>
>>68647079
>America creates an incredible super weapon
>super weapon gets out of americas control and starts killing people at random
>"Why are you looking at us we dindu nuffin."
Americans everybody, like the guy on your street who keeps a bear as a pet and then acts like everyone else is the weirdo for thinking it's somehow their fault when one of the neighbors gets mauled to death.
>>
File: theendingofwatchmencomic.jpg (77 KB, 485x255) Image search: [Google]
theendingofwatchmencomic.jpg
77 KB, 485x255
>>68647187
>that won't actually accomplish what he wants it to do

That's the fucking point you dipshit.
>>
>>68647417
>guy cooking up nitroglycerin in his basement
>winds up blowing up the whole street
>"Why are you guys all looking at me MY house got destroyed too!"

Americans: no sense of personal responsibility whatsoever.
>>
>>68647463
Brazil.
>>
>>68647302
Standard capeshit plot:
A bad guy tries to do a bad thing and gets stopped by some good guys because arbitrary reasons and status quo, the plot of these stories will be reset any number of times to re-enact these exact same confrontations ad nauseum.

Watchmen plot:
A bunch of guys who used to be thought of as good guys are all seriously fucked in the head with various messiah complexes and other personality disorders. As some of these characters begin to stabilise themselves a morally ambiguous person murders a bunch of people in the name of a higher cause and leaves it to the audience to cast judgement on the outcome.

If you think it's shit, sure that's your opinion. However you are objectively incorrect if you assert that the plot is identical to capeshit.
>>
>>68647482
What the fuck are you talking about?

Who created nuclear weapons? If Japan nuked China would that be the fault of the US too?

Literally retarded.

Let's blame the inventor of guns for all the murders. Fucking idiot.
>>
>>68647421
I know and that is why I fucking love it. When reading it you just accept it as the most logically solution.
>>
>>68647562
OOhh, my authoritarian dystopian future. I can't handle it. It's never done before except in all other authoritarian dystopian futuristic movies.

Also, it's basically a ripoff of 1984. But you don't read so why do I even bother.
>>
>>68647576
But America didn't just create Dr Manhatten they supposedly controlled him, he worked for them, they were the ones who decided to start weaponizing his powers as well and used them aggressively in Vietnam. Your comparison is absolute dogshit, also because nuclear weapons lack sentience and therefore aren't nearly as dangerous to screw around with as super humans.
>>
>>68647576
If they nuked China with a bomb we gave them I could see the US getting some shit for it.
>>
>>68647643
Truman Show
>>
>>68647646
>Your comparison is absolute dogshit, also because nuclear weapons lack sentience and therefore aren't nearly as dangerous to screw around with as super humans.

There you have it folks. Stupidity on a platter.

If the weapon has sentience, than it has accountability. Do you understand this?

The comedian literally spells this out and you didn't even grasp the notion of it. "You could have stopped it, but you didn't."

Dr. Manhattan isn't just a tool. Most people would recognize this.
>>
>>68647734
Logically going after the US for it does not make sense but humans do not think logically. The world is going to be angry and if the US present Manhattan strung up for the whole world to tar and feather then that would probably be enough for them to release their anger and move on. As it stands no one can touch him and even if they could chances are they could not win so their only option is to take that anger out on the only country that has any ties with manhattan which in the United States.
>>
>>68647734
He's a tool that the Americans created and fostered and taught how to kill and just assumed they could control indefinitely, they were wrong apparently. They didn't deliberately do the attack of course but they were grossly irresponsible for playing with such dangerous forces they obviously couldn't control. That is my point you fucking numbskull. after a horrific event like that people are going to want someone to blame and the obvious logical choice would be the people who claimed they could control Dr Manhattan, the people who taught him to kill in the first place incidentally.
>>
>>68647980
>
Logically going after the US for it does not make sense but humans do not think logically. The world is going to be angry and if the US present Manhattan strung up for the whole world to tar and feather then that would probably be enough for them to release their anger and move on. As it stands no one can touch him and even if they could chances are they could not win so their only option is to take that anger out on the only country that has any ties with manhattan which in the United States.

Look, let's take Vietnam for example. What was Vietnam going to do against the US knowing that Dr. Manhattan just obliterated them?

Some of the vietnamese surrendered to Dr.Manhattan PERSONALLY.

What does this mean?

Who in their right mind would attack the US if they thought Dr.Manhattan would come and destroy their country if they even tried?

It makes no sense. Even if they blamed the US, nobody would dare to do anything about it in fear of complete and utter annihilation.

In all cases, Dr. Manhattan is the one that instills fear. It doesn't matter who people end up blaming. People would fear that Dr. Manhattan would end them.
>>
>>68648105
read
>>68648134
>>
>>68648134
It just keeps them from acting tomorrow but does nothing to help the tension that is already building between those countries. In fact it makes it even worse because now on top of the problems they had before they can blame manhattan for killing tons of civilians. How long does mahattan need to be gone before they decide they can act with out him coming back. Will Ozy have o drop new bombs every 10 maybe 5 years to remind the world he is out there?
>>
>>68646541

How is Rorscach Question and Owl isnt Blue Beetle? Night Owls power set mimics batman, but his ideals are more like Superman. While it's DC Moore certainly took from all super hero stories. Night Owl is actually more like William Burnside Captain America, in that he idolized the original growing up and became him.
>>
>It just keeps them from acting tomorrow but does nothing to help the tension that is already building between those countries.

Replace the bombs by the squid and the same thing can be said about the comic dude.

The squid is just a temporary distraction. That's the whole point of Manhattan saying to Ozy "Nothing ever ends."

It's the same fucking thing.
>>
>>68648285
Night Owl is Blue Beetle.

OP doesn't know Blue Beetle just I used Batman instead.
>>
>>68646541
>Tells someone else they don't understand
>gets at least three wrong

Manhattan = Captain Atom
Rorschach = The Question
Nite Owl = Blue Beetle (With clear Batman inspirations mixed in)
Ozymandias = Thunderbolt
Silk Spectre = Black Canary (With elements of Phantom Lady)
The Comedian = Peacemaker

Nightshade has nothing to do with Silk Spectre, she's just the chick Moore used as an example when pitching. Moore has said she is far more akin to Black Canary.
>>
>>68648368
Yes but it gives them an outside enemy to focus on instead of one that as far as the world is concerned is American.
>>
>>68648595
Yes, and once it's destroyed, we're back at square one. Or Ozy will have to release new squids every 5 or 10 years.

The result is the same whether you believe they would blame US for what Manhattan does or not. It's a minor difference at best.
>>
>Manhattan = Depressive Superman
>Night Owl = Poor Batman knock-off with erectile dysfunction
>Rorschach = Batman if he was short and Irish
>Comedian = Batman from Batman V Superman
>Silk Spectre = Slutty Catwoman
>Ozymandias = Lex Luthor
>>
>>68648826
>Manhattan = Depressive Superman

So Superman from BvS?
>>
For anons in this thread....
Pitch a remake of Watchmen with A-List (or well-known) DC stars. What would it look like?

Mine:
Comedian - Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)
Doctor Manhattan - Superman
Nite Owl II - Batman (Dick Grayson)
Ozymandias - The Flash (Barry Allen)
Rorshach - Green Arrow
Silk Spectre II - (Donna Troy)

Nite Owl I - Batman (Bruce Wayne)
Silk Spectre I - Wonder Woman (Diana Prince)
Moloch - Lex Luthor
Big Figure - The Penguin
Janey Slater - Lois Lane
Malcolm Long - Dr. Strange
Seymour - Jimmy Olsen

I think this works pretty well. The only one that feels iffy to me is The Comedian, but Hal Jordan's original detached demeanour (which led to him becoming Parallax before the retcon) I think could translate well to The Comedian's understanding of the world. Would also make for an epic fight at the beginning between GL and the Flash.
>>
If DC was Jesus of Nazareth and Disney was Judas then who was Warner Bros and Marvel?
>>
>>68649093
Why would Barry destroy the world?
>>
>>68646363
Why isnt he wearing any underwear?
>>
>>68649820
To show that he's blue everywhere.
>>
>DC has The Dark Knight Returns and Watchmen
>two of the best comics of all time, if not the best
Why can't DC get its shit together again?
>>
>>68649758
A, thinks at the speed of light
B, fastest man on planet
C, None of the other Watchmen would've ever suspected Ozymandias, either. It needs to be someone they trust.
D, Perhaps he's travelled to all possible futures and knows this is the one way the world can be at peace
E, Needs to be able to kill GL
F, Has to have a knowledge of chemistry and biology in order to make Lois and Lex sick
>>
>>68649758
>Why would Barry destroy the world?
presumably for the same reason ozy did
>>
>>68648826
>Silk Spectre = Slutty Catwoman
So normal Catwoman
>>
>>68647417
There are people a few boards over that insist the US government must be behind 9/11
>>
>>68646541
>>68646719
Silk Spectre is based on Phantom Lady not Nightshade
>>
>>68649437

Barabas
>>
>Reagan and Gorbachev Agreed to Pause the Cold War in Case of an Alien Invasion
http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/reagan-and-gorbachev-agreed-pause-cold-war-case-alien-invasion-180957402/?no-ist

Just in case any of you faggots claim that the alien ending to Watchmen was unrealistic and not inspired by history.
>>
>>68647417

Of course it does.

You hold the country who produced a monster responsible for the actions of a monster.

Manhattan blew up NY sure, but he also blew up a ton of other cities in sovereign nations. They would hold America responsible for that, just as the US held Saudi Arabia responsible for their part in 9/1....

lol nvm senpai
>>
>>68646363
>>68646541
>>68648285
>>68648440
Is Rorschach confirmed as being The Question before DC made him change them?

I thought Rorschach was supposed to also be 80's Batman and Nite Owl was supposed to be a holdout version of 50's Batman.
>>
>>68651609
Rorschach is more Mr. A who the Question is also based on.

They were both created by Steve Ditko but Mr. A was an even more blatantly randyan philosophy propaganda tool.
>>
>>68650413
fuck capeshit, when do we get a cold war gone hot/alien invasion movie?
>>
>>68647238
That line was great
Counter culture sure sucks
>>
They were based on Charlton Comics characters who later got folded into DC. If I'm remembering correctly, Moore original intended to use the actual Charlton characters in the story; another way of meta-textually exploring the history of superheroes, etc. It was going to be similar to the way he had previously reimagined forgotten/B-list characters like Swamp Thing and Miracle Man.
>>
>>68646363
Man, this movie had so much potential, but the fucking costumes and the soundtrack were just terrible.

And the casting for Ozymandias. Eugh.
>>
>>68652644
The fucking costumes were basically right off the page.
The soundtrack wasn't very good but it's not really affecting the story that much.
I thought Ozy was just fine.

Really superficial complaints bro.
>>
File: no.png (1 MB, 1111x841) Image search: [Google]
no.png
1 MB, 1111x841
>>68653184
>The fucking costumes were basically right off the page.
You clearly haven't ever read the comic.

>Ozy was just fine
Except he looked like a skinny weasel who was obviously bad from the get-go. Comic Ozy looked like a benevolent saint who couldn't possibly do anything wrong.
>>
BIG BLUE COCKS
>>
File: 1418143597171.jpg (52 KB, 500x502) Image search: [Google]
1418143597171.jpg
52 KB, 500x502
>>68653328
>big
>>
>>68652644
>>68653184
>The soundtrack was just terrible
>The soundtrack wasn't very good.

...The soundtrack was excellent, and actually was straight off the page. Over half of the songs that appear in the film were in the fucking comic.
>>
>>68653184
>right off the page
>>68654724
>right off the page
Is this a shill?
>>
>>68655061
I only repeated the phrase to contrast something that wasn't to something that actually was.
Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.