[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best talk show host and why is it Graham Norton?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: graham.jpg (40 KB, 620x372) Image search: [Google]
graham.jpg
40 KB, 620x372
What's the best talk show host and why is it Graham Norton?
His shows are absolutely hilarious.
>>
for you
>>
>>68631521
It's because he gets all his guests out at once and has top banter with them
>>
File: Conan-OBrien.jpg (144 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
Conan-OBrien.jpg
144 KB, 1680x1050
Graham and Conan are my absolute favorite of all time.
>>
He is a guilty pleasure of mine. He is too infatuated with celebrity culture, in my opinion, too ingratiating when it comes to his guests. There's no sense of authenticity in him.

The anti-Letterman, in many ways.
>>
The show is awful. His monologue is shit. And all of his guests are only ever boring british literally-who's.

He's not even on regularly.
>>
>>68631521

its because the guests are given booze and this booze is spiked with happy pills.
>>
>>68631863
>>68631863

Ah yes, I forgot Americans get confused when tv hosts aren't on their screens every night of the week
>>
>>68631611

And they're all completely shitfaced on the free alcohol
>>
>>68631521
Norton and Ferguson are the best t.b.h
>>
>>68631863
>guests are only ever boring british literally-who's.
Literally never saw the show.
>>
>>68632002
I saw it when the Earl of York was on.
>>
>>68631863
He doesn't do a monologue.

Last few weeks he's had guests including Joan Collins, Ben Affleck, Amy Adams, Meryl Streep, Chris Hemsworth, Helen Mirren, Ewan McGregor, Eric Bana, Kevin Costner, Kirstin Dunst, Hugh Grant, Jessica Chastain......
>>
>3 american guests
>one britbong ''''comedian'''
>none of the other guests know who he is
>they spent the whole time awkwardly acknowledging him

It's hella f*cking awful
>>
Because he has multiple guests who can chip in and stop thing getting boring. The pseudo-interview format of most talk shows bores my tits off.
>>
>>68631521

The only thing worse than U.S. talk show garbage is britlard talk show garbage.
>>
Late Night with David Letterman and the first 2 years of the Late Show with David Letterman

top notch asshole interviews and God tier meta humor
>>
File: 1428969363285.gif (261 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1428969363285.gif
261 KB, 500x281
>That episode with Cavill, Affleck, and Adams
>Cavill with the bants and Affleck actually seemed happy
>Adams acting Casting Couch-tier slutty.

Hot damn Graham is based.
>>
>>68633156
This.

It's takes that format and unashamedly embraces it.

I would love to see interviews with directors/actors where the interviewer gets into the really technical side of the film making process and their development as a director/actor, but if you are going to do it as more of a "get to know the person behind the occupation" then graham norton nails it
>>
>>68634633
That was fucking great, every time affleck talked he was so enthusiastic and only got more relaxed and open as the show went on (guess he realized he wasn't going to be bombarded with shit about his marriage or nerds reception of the film). Cavill was just chill and Amy was just giddy she was there and making it in Hollywood again.

They were all so likable. It didn't feel as staged as some of the marvel cast like RDJ
>>
>>68631863

>I've never seen the show
>>
>>68631521

I like him.

Top bantz etc.
>>
File: 1461270467416.jpg (76 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1461270467416.jpg
76 KB, 400x400
>>68633250
Confirmed for not having watched the show
>>
I can't remember the exact quote but when Kevin Costner was on the show he was telling anecdotes about dancing with wolves without being interrupted, another guest said that if this was an American talk show host then they would all be in wolf costumes and dancing around in a circle for the next youtube hit. I guess that is the difference
>>
>>68631702
Patrician taste.
>>
>>68631521
Graham, Conan, Letterman and Ferguson are the GOAT.

Everyone else is shit.
>>
Don't aggravate the Conan shills. /tv/ is infested with them.

Usually don't believe the shill memes but there are like 5 of them that love Conan and will tell you that every time a talk show thread comes up. It's embarrassingly blatant.
>>
>>68631521
im not ashamed to admit that i do sometimes spend my friday nights with a glass of wine watching graham norton
>>
>>68641973
Are you a woman in your 30's?
>>
>>68642114
you wish
>>
Who is the worst?

Le Current Year, Wilmore, or Sammy B?
>>
>>68641318
Conan is terrible when it comes to interviews and monologues/sketches, but his remotes are the funniest shit and more than make up for it.
Ferguson used to be the best interviewer, but I guess with him gone it is Graham Norton now? I haven't really watched him that much yet, but from what I've seen it has been really enjoyable.
>>
too much cringe for me, like the hotseat thing
>>
>>68642177
I do, actually. It would be like finding bigfoot.
Imagine how many 30+ women there are on this board, let alone the entire site.
>>
I always thought of Graham as a ballbag, but hes good guests so ehh
>>
>>68631521
>watching fag propaganda
>>
>>68645385
>I don't watch movies but I come to /tv/ to express my opinions

This is why the board went to shit.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.