[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>You're not brave. Men are brave. If this scene and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 18
>You're not brave. Men are brave.

If this scene and quote didn't give you a raging boner you're a fucking pleb.

With only one sentence Batman completely destroys Superman as a character.

Superman knows that with his godlike powers he cannot be hurt, therefore he can never be afraid, and a man can only brave if he knows what fear truly is.

Meanwhile Bruce Wayne is just a man, but he goes head on to fight a literal god using only his superior intellect to craft a powered exoskeleton and his immense willpower to overcome his fears, showing that HE's the one truly brave between the two.

Snyder is a genius.
>>
>>68185646
The appeal of Superman isnt his godlike power you fucking pleb

Thats what snyder doesnt get
>>
Memes aside, this movie was pretty good.
Critics are tasteless.
>>
>>68185646
Yeah, fuck superheroes.
>>
>>68185646
>File: tumblr
>>
the whole movie is a memorable quote
>>68183806

>>68185680
>not muh Superman
pathetic
watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7p5-14rjWUM
MoS and BvS are on a whole different level
>>
>>68185646
i guess he could be afraid of other things than being hurt, such as everything he cares for being destroyed
>>
I like Lego Batman is better.
>>
You get he was wrong right? Why are you ignoring the fact that the scene before that it was revealed that Batman was being played like a fool? Also one of the last scene is Batman saying he was wrong about superman.
>>
File: download.jpg (30 KB, 818x347) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
30 KB, 818x347
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y21sm5xB4vk

Too bad not even that was original and it was the best part of the movie. What a joke.

MMUUUUHHHHHH MMMMaAAAAARRRTHAA!!!!
>>
>>68185776
Listen, I like MoS, but that review is just DUDE SEX.
>>
>>68185646
This theme also ties into the films end. The Martha flashback during the scene makes him realize he has become everything he has hated. He has basically become the gunmen who killed his parents ("Don't let Martha die" - if he kills superman, Martha will die).

Thats why batman doesn't brand or kill Lex in the prison at the end. Superman, through his sacrifice, basically allowed Batman to regain trust in the world (and the world to gain trust in Superman). Bruce at the beginning of the film refers to heroics/the ability to do good and overcome (represented by the bats lifting him) as "a beautiful lie" - that people can make a difference. The "Men are still good" line at the end from Bruce says the opposite - that people can make a difference. Hence why he will assemble the league in Superman's absence.
>>
File: chris_rock_confused.jpg (36 KB, 426x434) Image search: [Google]
chris_rock_confused.jpg
36 KB, 426x434
>>68185646
>You're not brave. Men are brave.
I'm completely shocked that feminist didn't burned down theathers by this line alone.
>>
>>68185938
pls be b8
>>
Peak Kino
>>
Reminder that movies like Bladerunner and The Shining were seens as plebshit when they first released but are now critically acclaimed. Patricians can see that MoS and BvS is the highest form of kino and that Snyder is a true auteur.
>>
>>68185646

KINO
I
N
O

Epitome of film tbqh familia.
>>
>>68185976
I'm not, feminists are fucking insane for real, they cmplain of the smallest things. And they are dumb enough to don't understand the quote.
>>
>>68185646

True capekino
>>
But this is factually wrong, and I cant believe im responding to a retarded meme, but he is not very powerful in these movies and can be hurt therefor he is not a god and all the senseless talk about him as god is meaningless.
>>
File: 1_500.gif (956 KB, 432x180) Image search: [Google]
1_500.gif
956 KB, 432x180
>>68185646
>Meanwhile Bruce Wayne is just a man, but he goes head on to fight a literal god using only his superior intellect to craft a powered exoskeleton and his immense willpower to overcome his fears, showing that HE's the one truly brave between the two.

Could you suck batman dick any harder? Those soldier in MoS where willing to fight against faora and zod without any exoskeleton bullshit, and they did not need an entire fanbase fellating their so called "willpower", they knew they would die, but they went anyway, because they were soldiers fighting to protect their loved ones.

Meanwhile batman only went after superman to stroke his ego, no other reason aside from this.

Those guys who chose to stay and die with their coworker in MoS deserve much more respect than both batman and superman.
>>
File: 1459987804383.jpg (52 KB, 366x407) Image search: [Google]
1459987804383.jpg
52 KB, 366x407
>>68185866
>mfw even when critics don't understand the Martha thing, why Batman kills, etc…

Back in the day critics used to be real film theorists, now it seems that they are just hypocritical ass hats who can't do even a basic reading of a film's themes.

Critics with this movie claimed it was too dark and depressing despite the fact that the movie 1) draws from two of the darkest DC comics and 2) is about regaining hope (the movie even ends on a note of hope - batman is trusting of the world, Superman is a beloved figure, etc…). Then they claimed it was both too boring and had too much action - which tells me they missed or chose not to acknowledge the film's profound character explanations/arcs, religious themes, and Shakespearian and Arthurian influences. While some of these are heavy handed in their execution, they still elevate this film above other cape films.
>>
MOS AND BVS are fucking kino compared to marvels capeshit
>>
>>68186253
>Iron Man 1
>Cap 2
>Not Kino
>>
>>68185646
That was a great line
>>
>>68186220
No they dont because their presence is meaningless and not worth bringing up unless you are criticizing how pretentious and hollow it actually is.
>>
>>68185646
>Men are brave

CUSE SUPA MAN IS A ALIEN, GET IT GUYZ?!?!?1?!?1?!?!!?!?!

Its really not that deep or powerful or thought provoking. Everyone already knows Batman is just human.

Normies, I swear
>>
>>68186194
^this

movie should've been about Law and Order man.
fack man of steel and it's even worse sequel
>>
File: image.jpg (85 KB, 1916x806) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85 KB, 1916x806
>>68185938
>Humyns are brave
>mfw
>>
>>68185646
Critics just prefer dance offs and assembly line capeshit churned out by Disney executives now. They've been conditioned into thinking every superhero movie has to be an action comedy and can't deal with deeper themes, contain a level of gravitas, and explore these characters.

They'd rather have something like Ant-Man - aka a dull and generic action comedy with Paul Rudd doing a Chris Pratt impression and the plot ripped straight from Iron Man.

bvs is a flawed film but much better than the most of the other superhero films we have gotten recently
>>
>>68185854
It isn't even a review kid.
>>
>>68186289
IM1 is film, Cap 2 is cinéma.
>>
>>68186220
>Hope

This, everybody bithing about the 'tone' being dark is just repeating a meme. The whole point of Superman is hope. It has a very positive and hopeful theme by the end.
>>
File: tumblr_n7hxstFNw11svs9s1o3_500.gif (2 MB, 500x210) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n7hxstFNw11svs9s1o3_500.gif
2 MB, 500x210
>>68186023
the theatrical version of blade runner IS plebshit, its pretty bad. The shinning is overrated and triggered a bunch of autists with tomato cans

pic related, true bravery.
>>
>>68185646
didn't watch BvS but MoS had a lot of great ideas on paper and on the trailer, doesn't excuse it for being an absolute piece of a trash of a movie
>>
>>68185646
>defends the script of this movie
>calls others pleb
sorry anon, you can have your opinion on everything else but editing and script of this flick is awful.
>>
the documentary room 237 is great example of why the people repeating all this pretentious bullshit are fucking idiots.
>>
File: STPMNVLRBLSN.jpg (238 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
STPMNVLRBLSN.jpg
238 KB, 1920x1080
>>68185646
>Superman knows that with his godlike powers he cannot be hurt

How can that be a point in a movie where Superman DIES in battle, and before that Batman was about to murder him?
>>
Memeposters cant seriously pose any argument in favor of the movie because the moment you try to actually be specific or address serious non shitposting criticism it becomes too glaring the movie is just a cluster fuck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImFQZ7-TKqM
>>
Thats as deep as bible imagery anon
>>
>>68186621
That was great how they turned that scene around in the end
>>
>>68186759
It is, the script is the main offender.
editing didn't help, Snyder does a competent work and you can like him or not (i don't) but you can't make a movie with martha as the turning point and "here is your doomdsday" out of nowhere and claim is to be clever, is fucking fanfiction tier.
Cant wait to see the batfleck movie
>>
/tv/ doesn't understand concepts like bravery since it's full of women and nu males.
>>
>>68186926
>ad hominem
good work champ
>>
>>68186621
This. Crazy guy with power armor and exotic weapons going against an enemy he knows won't fight to kill isn't real bravery. That guy was a hundred times more brave than Batman.
>>
>>68186690
I read an i terview with the editor and IIRC he said there was a 4 hour and a 3 hour cut and some scenes had to be cut down a lot for time. So we have to wait for the Director's cut, for ultimate Supercapekino cut.
>>
File: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.jpg (56 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.jpg
56 KB, 720x404
>>68185866

Why the fuck dont people get this. Fucking Martha memers

FUCK THEM ALL THEY RUINED SNYDER THEY RUINED HIM
>>
>>68185646
>DUDE, BUT DOESN'T THIS SOUND EPIC AS FUCK?! IT'S SO FUCKING COOL AND AWESOME!!!
Fuck off 12 year old.
>>
>>68186896
This exactly.
>>
>>68186194
soldiers were ordered to fight, and had no idea with what they are dealing.

we're talking about a man who choose to fight alone a demigod.

yeah, i have no problem with sucking batman's dick.
>>
>>68186736

Fine, he's only near invincible. Stop nitpicking
>>
>>68187024
Do WB pay you guys by the post, or is a weekly/monthtly flat payment?
>>
>>68187099
they new they were fighting aliens, zod told everyone on tv conveniently
>>
File: WHERE.gif (173 KB, 225x224) Image search: [Google]
WHERE.gif
173 KB, 225x224
>>68187162

I hate you Whedon. I hate you.
>>
>>68187162
How much does Disney pay you faggots?
>>
File: image.jpg (129 KB, 894x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
129 KB, 894x1000
>>68187162
Nothing, I do it for free
>>
THEY CUT OUT: "It's time you learn what it means to be a man" from the theatrical cut.
Hope it's on the r rated version
>>
>>68187156
>nitpicking
>OP is saying that Batman has point that Superman isn't brave because he can't be hurt
>in a movie where Batman physically hurts him and almost murders him, gets nuked into a dried skeletal-like state, and later he dies by being stabbed in the heart
>nitpicking

Superman went through the grinder, both physically and mentally, whereas Batman's whole penance was that BAWWWWW I MADE A BOO-BOO bit at the end, that fuckign baby.
>>
File: patrician.jpg (73 KB, 600x843) Image search: [Google]
patrician.jpg
73 KB, 600x843
>>68187290

Your payment will be received on a higher intellectual plane with the release of Justice League brother.
>>
>>68187332
They also cut the part in TDKR where Batman wasn't actually planning to kil Superman.
>>
File: Faora.webm (2 MB, 854x360) Image search: [Google]
Faora.webm
2 MB, 854x360
>>68187099

Minutes before they are sent to fight Faroa and friends, every soldier is told over the radio that the aliens were very dangerous and capable of taking 50. rounds to the face and walking it off.

On the other hand Batman only went after superman once he had the kryptonite gun, even then he went for no other reason than to stroke his ego just like lex luthor.

If batman had chose to fight Zod back in MoS he would be dead, zod is not a no-killing boy scout like superman.
>>
>>68187512

... why would he though? Your argument is stupid.

>he only chose to fight him if he knew he had some kind of advantage

yes and?
>>
>>68185938
Don't give them ideas.
>>
>>68185646
Why did the vocoder turn off here
>>
>>68187381
>higher intellectual plane
unless they change the writter it wont happen anon.
you are blindly defending Snyder when the problem is in another place
>>
File: image.jpg (218 KB, 610x869) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
218 KB, 610x869
>>68185646
But batman was wrong and saw that Superman was brave when he died to defeat doomsday
That's why Bruce said he didn't want to let him down after his death. He was wrong about superman
>>
>>68185776
>38 minutes

Holy hell I ain't watching all that
>>
File: 24483992764326.jpg (2 MB, 1746x4245) Image search: [Google]
24483992764326.jpg
2 MB, 1746x4245
>>68186896
2deep4u
>>
>>68187926
your loss, those minutes fly by desu
>>
>>68187901
Is this shit shopped?
>>
>>68187946
nah, i saw the movie yesterday.
everything is ok or at least competent, the editing and the script destroys the movie pace and magnitude.
it's obvious that WB fiddled with the movie when you see the youtube shorts for the movies to come inserted in the movie.
>>
>>68187946
It's so dense.
>>
>>68185646
>Superman knows that with his godlike powers he cannot be hurt, therefore he can never be afraid, and a man can only brave if he knows what fear truly is.
>Meanwhile Bruce Wayne is just a man, but he goes head on to fight a literal god using only his superior intellect to craft a powered exoskeleton and his immense willpower to overcome his fears, showing that HE's the one truly brave between the two.

So just a rehashed Deckard/Batty
>>
>>68187038
Marvel shilling at its finest.
>>
>>68186621
I bet he's having supersex with Faora in the Phantom Zone.
>>
>>68187690
>... why would he though? Your argument is stupid.

If batman is such a badass, why did he wait for supes to save the day in MoS? No doubt someone of his vast intellect and limitless resources would find a way to fight or kill Zod.

A movie like BvS cant work because batman and superman really dont belong in the same universe.

>yes and?

Its not really bravery on batman part if he is only willing to fight when he has every advantage, anyone can be brave if they are 100% sure of their victory.

And there is the difference between superman and zod, zod would kill batman every single time if they were to fight, on the other hand superman has this retarded no-killing police that will only get himself killed if he is fighting against someone who is willing to kill.

Superman lost the fight before the movie began, because he is not willing to kill, but batman is, the killer will beat the fighter every time.
>>
>>68186194
>Men are brave.
Did you forget this part?
Bruce is clearly referring to the entire human race, and by extent those soldiers from MoS.
Bruce is questioning Superman's heroism since he is never in a position to lose or get hurt. This would later change once he learns about his family (Martha Kent).
>>
>>68185698
this I can't understand what the hell is going on with critics I'm even starting to believe that marvel just paid them to shit on BvS
>>
>>68185646
>Superman knows that with his godlike powers he cannot be hurt, therefore he can never be afraid, and a man can only brave if he knows what fear truly is.
Except Superman fought the Kryptonians and they were perfectly capable of killing him.
>>
>>68188463
Those on RT were definitely bribed by Marvel. Every single one of them had this to say about the film: "It's not fun".
What company is known for making light-hearted "fun" superhero action flicks? That's right. They were shilling against DC and try to brainwash their readers into liking Marvel flicks at the same time.
This shit should be illegal. I won't be surprised if in a few years we'll find out this was the actual deal. Disney is rich, they can afford massive anti-DC campaigns like this.
>>
>>68187946
WTF? I love Batman vs Superman, now.
>>
File: 1458826633280.jpg (75 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1458826633280.jpg
75 KB, 500x375
>>
Sounds like a five-year-old wrote it. It's Dan Brown tier laziness that's supposed to be deep and poignant but just isn't.
>>
>batman throws a smoke bomb
>superman casually walks through it, visibly confused
>batman appears 5 feet behind him, shoots him with kryptonite, then proceeds to beat the absolute shit out of superman. really makes supes look like a pathetic bitch
Why do people say this was a good fight? Batman didn't even use his intelligence in this fight, he just beat the fuck out of superman.
>>
MOS and BVS are so bad they spawned ironic meme posting

Fucking hilarious
>>
File: 5432367.jpg (16 KB, 236x291) Image search: [Google]
5432367.jpg
16 KB, 236x291
>>68189277
People actually believe this
>>
>>68186460
This. MoS has about an hour of excellence, but the last half loses its tonal center.
>>
>>68185776

How the fuck can anyone sit through that video?

It sounds and feels like a 9/11 conspiracy video and, much like a 9/11 conspiracy video, tries way too hard right from the outset to force a conclusion.

People who like MoS and BvS were going to like it from the outset and have negotiated with themselves ways of viewing the film to justify their obsession. Folks who have no dog in this company wars bullshit fight see these flicks as the trash that they are and accept it.

I can't believe how hard people have to work to justify this shit. Just like what you want to like, but don't try to convince me that this is art or has any philosophical merit when it absolutely does not.
>>
>>68188727
anon, please anon.
The editing and the script were a disaster, it was boring because of this.
the best parts were the fights, because snyder knows how to do these.
BvS was mediocre at best.
>>
>>68188747
feels great to feel smarter, right?
>>
File: 1453290604339.gif (607 KB, 800x792) Image search: [Google]
1453290604339.gif
607 KB, 800x792
I can't even tell who's shitposting and who's sperging anymore. Great work gentlemen.
>>
>>68189150

>he invented weapons capable of killing him
>he threw a smoke grenade with lead particles in order to fool Superman, get behind him and shoot him with kryptonite bullets

>Batman didn't even use his intelligence in this fight

what the fuck?
>>
>>68189631
>editing
you people don't know what this word even means, just shut the fuck up already
the other day some guy here using your same shitty arguments said they should have split the film into four separate parts, with Superman, Batman, Lex and the final fight each getting 30 minutes of screen time
this is your idea of good editing, retard?
many scenes were cut as well
>>
>DCucks post constructive criticism, thoughts and ideas to provoke insightful discussion

>Marvelcucks just spam chris evans pictures and quips
>>
>>68189700
I don't even remember anything about lead-based gadgets, when did they go over that? It was the most boring non creative way to fucking do the fight anyway. Batman just teleports behind Superman one time, starts getting beat up a little bit, then shoots superman in the face again with kyrptonite. It hardly felt like Batman was fighting for his life or anything. It wasn't frantic or creative at all.
>>
>>68189891
The DC fans are looking at a puddle and saying how it's the ocean cause it's in a nicely shaped hole.
>>
>>68185646
Is this a misunderstood masterpiece like spring breakers and only God forgives?

Should I watch it?
Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.