[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was this the exact episode that The SImpsons jumped the shark?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7
File: 220px-WhoShotMrBurnsclue[1].png (57 KB, 220x165) Image search: [Google]
220px-WhoShotMrBurnsclue[1].png
57 KB, 220x165
Was this the exact episode that The SImpsons jumped the shark?
>>
nah, the episode where Maude died was.
>>
File: kill-me.webm (2 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
kill-me.webm
2 MB, 854x480
i don't know if it can jump the shark, it just gradually drifted into zombie simpsons
>>
Did they recolour and digitise the animation in that image? For f*ck's sake that annoys me.
>>
Season 8, Episode 1.

I don't even know what that episode is. I just know the show stopped existing after its best, last season. Season 7.
>>
>>68133977
season 8 was the best season, much better than 7
>>
>>68133717
Something changed between S8 and S9
>>
>>68133717
Yep. That episode was pretty much the beginning of the end.
>>
File: Youre-Not-Seymore-Skinner.jpg (22 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
Youre-Not-Seymore-Skinner.jpg
22 KB, 512x384
no.

this was the exact moment it jumped.

and everyone who disagrees is admitting they are a retarded faggot who's opinions are the dogshit ramblings of someone that should have been aborted.
>>
File: EPCRwBn.jpg (15 KB, 768x570) Image search: [Google]
EPCRwBn.jpg
15 KB, 768x570
>>68133945
>that webm

words don't describe how abysmally appalling that is.

How the fuck did we get so far from pic related?
>>
>>68134012
>season 8
>best season
Except even season 1 was better than 8.
>>
>>68134063
whose*, my man ;-)
>>
>>68134082
nope. season 8 was the best. then season 4, then season 2, then season 3. 5 through 7 werent that good.
>>
File: homer-beer.jpg (48 KB, 634x478) Image search: [Google]
homer-beer.jpg
48 KB, 634x478
>>68134100
your mother, that's whose.
>>
>>68134114
>that bad taste
Every season you've named there is easily better than season 8. Even season 7 was better than season 8. Get a fucking clue.
>>
It's a slow decline. Didn't suck instantly
>>
File: HOOVER_GETIT.jpg (36 KB, 500x269) Image search: [Google]
HOOVER_GETIT.jpg
36 KB, 500x269
>>68133945
>>
>>68134148
im a simpsons connoisseur mate I know what im talking about
>>
>>68134114
Season 8 is trash. It had Niles playing Sideshow Bob's brother, Rodney Dangerfield as Burns's son, fucking X-File guest starring, Lisa in the army, Lisa and Nelson dating, Marge doing a ton of lame shit nobody cares about, and one of the shittiest Treehouse of Horrors in the old Simpsons.

It has, at best, a handful of good episodes.
>>
Episodes after Principal & The Pauper were at least still funny.

Seasons 8-14 were proto-nu-Simpsons, they would rely on celebrities and bad stories but still had funny moments. It eventually went into full swing shit, I can't place an exact episode though.
>>
>>68134375
This is true. There are a lot of good, solid episodes after Principal and the Pauper.
>>
>>68134375
i'd say that 13 was pure nu zombie simpsons.
>>
>>68134375
Anything past Season 21 became entierely unwatchable. Except for the Lego episode which felt like it belonged around Season 14.
>>
The Simpsons Movie
>>
>>68134711
nah it was shit for years before that
>>
>Trash of the Titans
>>
>>68134202
>it's now canon that some day Lisa's teacher will give Bart a Heather Brooke tier deepthroat with oral creampie
>>
I remember when they went to Brasil. The whole episode consisted in calling brazilians niggers, thieves, monkeys and so on.
It was like directed by a texan redneck. That was the episode when I stopped watching The Simpsons.
>>
Monorail, but it put Conan on the map.
>>
>le show gradually becomes worse but act like it's surprising meme
>>
>>68134901
>he thinks brazilians aren't niggers, thieves, monkeys and so on
What fucking planet do you live on?
>>
>>68133717
Do you have any idea what jumping the shark means?
>>
Why didn't they just stop at season 11 or 12? Why tarnish the shows reputation for >muh shekels
>>
>>68135056
If it had ended at 12 you'd be here talking about how much it sucked after season 4.
>>
>>68134711
This was the beginning of Gimmicksons.
>>
>>68135013
they are but murikans are worst and the simpsons are murikan
>>
Am i the only one who enjoyed futurama more than the simpsons?
>>
>>68135211
Futurama was a good alternative while Simpsons was drifting into undead territory.
>>
>>68135056
>why work to make money

only mugs act like the shit seasons diminish the older ones anyway.

First seasons are GOAT tv no matter what they do. Even when the inevitable it turns out Bart was an asexual lizard all along episode comes out, they'll remain GOAT
>>
>>68133747
With Ned's pixelated 10 incher.
>>
>>68135211
no, when I was young futurama was pretty much like a best friend. I got all the seasons on DVD and watched them all the time. It's probably responsible for my personality more than is healthy for a show to be.

Whenever I rewatch it fills me with nostalgia/love that no other show can even though now that I watch it a bit more critically I think the writing on the simpsons is probably better but that doesn't change anything rally.

Season 1-4 that is. Everything after is unwatchable to me
>>
>>68134076
Modern "culture".
Hopefully shit will soon hit the fan.
>>
>>68133717
ITT people who don't know simpsons peaked at S6, and the show became unwatchable after the movie.
>>
Frank Grimes was the episode where the completely lost track of what Homer and the show should be. Remember in The Way We Was, where Marge says Homer is really "dear and sweet and good hearted" and all that? Now he's this unbelievable ass that we should hate but don't, and that's crazy
>>
>>68134063
True, sort of
In the modern definition (i.e. the moment it reached it's peak and started sliding downhill) this is the exact moment. Which is was actually designed to be as the writers at the time were thinking of ways to end the show because they didn't like it anymore. Matt Groening even expresses disdain for this episode as the eventual beginning of the decline of the show.

However the original definiton (The high point of the show or the actual peak) was Season 8

After season 8 the show began to slip in quality here and there, staying good throughout the next few seasons (with some "meh" episodes and some good ones mixed in)
The show arguably stays watchable through season 16, not being particularly amazing but also having at least one interesting episode at some point,
When you get to season 17 it becomes zombie Simpsons and gradually decreases over the next 10 seasons.
Which isn't a particularly bad run, by the time it reaches Season 32 half of it will still be "good", once it sails past that and gets to say season 40 that's when the number of bad episodes will outweigh the good and start to effect the overall rating of the show.
That being said I thought the "Boyhood" episode was alright.
>>
>>68136246
8 was not a high point though. It's got every bad element of the future seasons in some form
>>
>>68133977
you know episode 1 of season 8 would have been a holdover from season 7, right
>>
>>68136451
Well, every episode was a classic from my childhood, and was one of the seasons where they mixed zany and absurd with good writing and humor
>>
>>68134026
Yeah, Mike Scully became showrunner.
>>
>>68136820
Oh I wouldn't say it's bad overall, but it's the obvious point of decline when I watch dd it last year. First bad episodes, bad endings, Homer starts to be a real ass instead of an oaf
>>
I don't watch any Simpsons episodes made after Who Shot Mr Burns pt 2. The Simpsons started to suck in that season.
>>
>>68136914
That explains it
>>
>>68136246
>However the original definiton (The high point of the show or the actual peak)
The original definition would be the point where it was clear that the show had drifted away completely from what it was originally.
>>
>>68133717
i marathonned the first 10 seasons back in 2014 (thanks fxx) and didn't really notice any change. i dont really remember any episodes btw
>>
>>68135377
this is exactly my experience
>>
>>68134901

>wahh the simpsons aren't progressive enough for me

Most of the writers and staff there are kikes, you numbskull. They positively hate rednecks.
>>
>>68134076
That's a family guy episode tbf
>>
Season 8 was fucking hilarious. Anyone who disagrees can eat a dick.
>>
File: Title_Caption_Episode_0219.png (309 KB, 639x480) Image search: [Google]
Title_Caption_Episode_0219.png
309 KB, 639x480
>>68135377
>when I was young futurama was pretty much like a best friend.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.