[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Based Shane Black on returning to Predator
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: PHCkpUVWa6ZJGJ_1_l.jpg (148 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
PHCkpUVWa6ZJGJ_1_l.jpg
148 KB, 720x720
>They called me and I was reluctant. I said, “Look. You guys at Fox, I mean, I enjoy these movies, but we’ve been churning out these AVP whatever, they each cost a certain amount of money, they’re okay, but there’s no effort to elevate them or make them any kind of an event.” They’re just sort of another Predator. “Oh, there’s another one that came out.”

>They said, “What if we said to you we want to reinvent this, and really treat it with as much of an event status, or as much hoopla as we would the Alien prequel, which is coming out also? We really want to make this something. The kind of movie that people line up for.” I said, “Really, you’ll spend a bunch of money?” They go, “Yep.” I go, “Make it really scale, spectacle?” “Yep.” “S***, that sounds interesting.”

Thoughts?

Are you hype? Or is the franchise gone?
>>
All the Predator movies are good except AvP:R
>>
And so the hype train begins. This is all perfectly constructed by marketing so in a few years there will be major hype for a predator movie. Is there nothing genuine left?
>>
>>67364007
>Is there nothing genuine left?
>In the Predator franchise
>>
>>67363892
Nah, AvP is still pretty shit. The FPS video games are better. Even the Capcom arcade is too.
>>67364277
What about the PREDATOR comics?
>>
>>67364483

Only one of the games were ever good
>>
He's hyping it and therefore it'll be even more disappointing when it turns out to be another turd like the AVP films or Predators with Hooknose MacJew in the leading role
>>
>>67364732

It cant be as bad as any of those films though, so he knows that
>>
>>67364673
2000 or 2 + Primal Hunt?
>>
>>67364887

2 + Primal Hunt
>>
>>67364944
I'm still trying to find a complete comprehensive breakdown of the storyline with all three species of the main game including Primal Hunt.
Only thing I hate about the game now is I have to go into the ini file and change the resolution to 1920x1080. Wish there were an enhanced remake but original game is solid. Haven't played the multiplayer in awhile.
Still holds up even today.
>>
File: dutchv2_reference1.jpg (25 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
dutchv2_reference1.jpg
25 KB, 300x300
>>67363823
>people think predator was the shit because of the predator, not understanding it was fucking arnie the god in a duo with sexual tyrannosaurus ventura that made this a timeless classic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsFYPVxHKdc
>>
>>67365066

You talk like that relationship lasts whole movie.
>>
I really enjoyed Predators. It fizzled a bit in the last 3rd, but everything before that was quite enthralling. Good characters, cool monsters, nice story, and quality action. Just wish there had been more Lawrence Fishburne (best thing in the whole film), and that ending battle had oomph.

Always up for more Predator. Hope they make the predators agile again.
>>
I'm still wanting to play PREDATOR: Concret Jungle on either XBOX or PS2. Seems it doesn't emulate properly.
>>
I liked the one from a few years ago well enough, and it had a pretty great opening scene
>>
>>67363823
they should go balls to the wall and show us the kuja world
>>
>>67363823
Depends if Arnold comes back for it.
>>
>>67364007
OBEY
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.