[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Emma Stone, Jonah Hill to Star in Dark Comedy TV Series Directed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
Emma Stone and Jonah Hill are teaming with True Detective Emmy winner Cary Fukunaga for a TV series.

Produced by Paramount Television and Anonymous Content, the dark comedy is based on 2014 Norwegian comedy series Maniac. A search for a writer is underway with Stone and Hill set to star and Fukunaga set to direct every episode. Paramount TV and Anonymous Content are shopping Maniac, with the goal for a straight-to-series pickup with a potential two-season order.

The original Maniac revolves around Espen, a mental patient at the psychiatric ward who escapes reality and lives in a fantasy world in his mind. In addition to starring, Stone and Hill would exec produce alongside Fukunaga, Anonymous Content's Michael Sugar and Doug Wald.

The comedy hails from Anonymous Content and Fukunaga's overall deals with Paramount. WME packaged the project.

Fukunaga is fresh off Beasts of No Nation, with Maniac set to serve as a reunion for the Emmy-winning director and True Detective producers Anonymous Content.

Oscar nominees Hill (Moneyball, The Wolf of Wall Street) and Stone (Birdman) would also reunite on Maniac after co-starring in feature Superbad.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/emma-stone-jonah-hill-star-876755
>>
>Stone and Hill would exec produce
what does this mean exactly?
>>
>>67179791
They'll get Executive Producer credits. What this actually means in practice can vary too widely to speculate. They may have a real hands on role in managing the whole project, or on the other end, may just be a vanity contract demand.
>>
>>67179634
true detective season 3?
>>
Would have liked to see his IT but this sounds cool.
>>
>more boring TV shows starring more boring white people

Boring. Switch it up.
>>
I wanna kiss Cary.

What a qt 2bh.
>>
>>67180275

same, was really hyped for IT and now it's gonna be forgettable blumhouse garbage with a PG-13 rating
>>
File: 1436973416577.webm (358 KB, 1912x792) Image search: [Google]
1436973416577.webm
358 KB, 1912x792
>>67180435

nah
>>
File: Emma-Stone-GIFS-2.gif (2 MB, 400x221) Image search: [Google]
Emma-Stone-GIFS-2.gif
2 MB, 400x221
>>67179791
It means that they played a role behind the scenes in getting the show made but won't be there to oversee the day to day process. It can be something as simple as that they recommended the pitch to someone they knew who then got it made.
>>
Here's a taste of the original (subtitles)
https://vimeo.com/146615381

>2014 Norwegian comedy series Maniac
More like 2015, and it didn't even air on television, just streamed.
>>
>>67180864
How was it?
>>
File: jonah-hill.png (289 KB, 415x849) Image search: [Google]
jonah-hill.png
289 KB, 415x849
>>67179634
>>67180754
D R O P P E D
>>
File: IMG-20160318-WA0000.jpg (14 KB, 480x416) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160318-WA0000.jpg
14 KB, 480x416
>>67180950
Godd tier at most...but it had potential for greatness
>>
>>67180950
Eh. It was the result of a competition by the tv channel, where a bunch of people pitched their ideas with a pilot. It got picked up and as far as I know it was supposed to air on television, but they changed their mind and streamed it instead. I would not be surprised if 9/10 Norwegians didn't not even know about it. The company behind the series is one of be biggest production companies for tv though. They did Lillyhammer which I assume is the only Norwegian series people know about.

As for Maniac, it had its funny moments, interesting idea, but certainly not groundbreaking.
>>
>emma stone downgraded to television
Feels bad
>>
>>67179634
2 kikes and a gook half breed? I wonder who will race mix first!
>>
>>67181105
Are you from 1996? Prestige television is a thing.
>>
>>67181429
>implying
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.