[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Someone explain why the fuck everyone likes this movie so much?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: 1446765053369.jpg (119 KB, 630x1200) Image search: [Google]
1446765053369.jpg
119 KB, 630x1200
Someone explain why the fuck everyone likes this movie so much?
>>
>>66830320
Because it changed my life.
>>
>>66830320
I like because it don't give a fuck to the laws.
>>
>>66830320
Cause they teach you that all this capitalism is fucking horrible and that you shouldnt be related to stuff.

Its pretty good actually.
>>
>>66830320
plot twist, people love twists.
>>
>>66830320
List is long. It'd be easier for you to explain why you hate it.
>>
>>66830320

Normies often miss the point of it, but it's a very excellent film. Some of the shit Tyler's saying is true, but he's not someone to idolize because he's fuckin crazy. Also it can be hard to take his "message" seriously because he's literally Chad
>>
>>66830320
when it came out, "plot twists" werent an overused gimmick yet. So the ending was very effective and a mindfuck
>>
>>66830320
*teleports behind you*
>>
I believe it's mainly women that like it and promote it. I had a girlfriend that was worshiping it with her friends like it was the second coming. I watched and I was "meh, ok, regular men thing, 7-8/10, wouldn't watch again".

And it was mainly based on a twist to troll for excitement.

Like that other shitty movie of that era, 6th sense.
>>
Because it poetically demonstrates the practical limitations of nihilistic primitivism as well as cultism, exhorts fearlessness and renunciation as a route to self growth, and the split personality motif has a very satisfying resolution.

Because its very carefully made, and directed with cinematic grit.

Because it tugs at our alienation and repressed urge to act without inhibition in an explicit way.

I consider it a credible work of art and one of the few film adaptations that surpasses the book in every order.

Most 'normalfags' will feel that tug, and being drawn in by the concept of self-becoming and transcending what defines you, rationalise it in terms of the action.

Or worse, be compelled by what the film is actually satirising, which is usually the case.
>>
Visually nice, relatable character situation, lots of truth. FX still holds up. Plot twist was bad if you didn't read the book, ends differently.
Calling it "bad" or edgy would be wrong.
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 325x227) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 325x227
>>66830320

Because two generations of singles mothers have raised a bunch of 16 to 40 year old man-children who relate to the trapped character's fantasy.
>>
>>66830797
Wew lad
>>
I was just noticing how I'm often compelled by what other people are satirizing

I cope with this by mocking my intellectual inferiors and superiors
>>
>>66831297
Like what?
>>
>>66830320

This is cancer, right?
>>
>>66831004
I'm one of those manchildren and I hate Fight Club.
>>
File: Bob_BitchTits.jpg (151 KB, 1280x691) Image search: [Google]
Bob_BitchTits.jpg
151 KB, 1280x691
>>66830320
because it made being queer seem manly and relatable in some way

"That was where my head fit -- into his huge, sweating tits that hung enormous"
>>
File: 9mm_fellatio.jpg (56 KB, 601x250) Image search: [Google]
9mm_fellatio.jpg
56 KB, 601x250
>>66832560
the book's author is gay, and the "moving" scenes are a subtext for his earliest sexual experiences with other men.

Crying into Bob's tits, that's the first time another faggot popped his cherry.

the anchoring scene with the pistol in his mouth at the beginning/end of the movie, that's the first time he ever took a man's cock into his mouth.

when he shoots himself in the mouth, that's the author's way of representing how he truly accepted his own twisted sexuality. there's your twist.

it's clear as crystal
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.